Speaker 1: Comedy Up Broadway in Lexington. Welcomes Mike Armstrong March's twenty seventh through the twenty ninth. Then it's the Lexington debut of Lorie kil Martin April third through the fifth, and catch rising comedy stars Sam tallon April eleventh and twelfth. Comedy Off Broadway opened in downtown Lexington in nineteen eighty seven, and they're still bringing the best and stand up comedy to the area thirty eight years later. Call eight five ninety two seven to one joke or visit Comedy Off Broadway, dot com.
Speaker 2: Comedy Off Broadway, Mortgage.
Speaker 3: Now here's Matt Jones.
Speaker 4: Welcome everyone. It is Kentucky Sports Radio. Wednesday, April the second. I'm Matt Jones here live in New York City with the boys back in Lexington and Louisville, and you can give us shown the Clark's Puppet Shop fuld line. It's going to be an ask Anything Wednesday, since this is my last show until well at least like April twentieth or something like that. Then I want to get all your questions. Now's the time to get your thoughts. In A five nine twenty two eighty seven A Vision auto glass text machine is seven seven to two seven seven four five two five four in this Issian sponsored by the T J. Smith Lofics. If you call Tj'll make them pay. I do want to hear it. You know, there's been a lot of stuff happened in the last few days, from the end of the season to the portal to the situation with the women's basketball team. So I'm gonna go to your questions and you can ask anything you want. Now's the day eight five nine, two eighth twenty two eighty seven. Guys. Tonight at like eleven o'clock, I fly overseas across the Atlantic Ocean and uh hoping my back will stay intact during that I guess what six out seven hour flight. But nice to be with you one more time before we go.
Speaker 5: Are you excited about your big trip? Have you ever been to Amsterdam before?
Speaker 4: I have. Yes, I've been to Amsterdam a couple of time. That was where I met you, remember Tyler Childers, where I play. For the first time. I haven't been to the rest of Hollm. We're spending like five days in the hay, which the people in Netherlands called der Hog. I haven't been there but been to Amsterdam, So looking forward to it.
Speaker 6: You're gonna check out the tulips and uh, I think.
Speaker 4: This is too this season. Do you know about ry Do you know about the tulips over there? You know that's their thing? Is they is they're big on tulips. In April is when the tulips are in full bloom. So I get to see all of the tulips.
Speaker 5: I think if you asked me to say anything I know about hollan itud be tulips and windmills, that would probably be it.
Speaker 4: Well, they this is tulip season. When I tell people that, especially women, they get very excited. They go a whole tulips. That's gonna be great, Shannon. I'm a little skeptical about being excited about the tulips, but people say it's the most beautiful thing you've ever seen. That there will be tulips as far as the eye can see, Shannon, And I'm looking forward to I guess I will see the best of what tulips can bring to the planet.
Speaker 7: Well, I can't wait. I expect you to send some pictures in the group. Hopefully we'll get them through Ryansroid.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna sit you there. Yeah, you really would like me to send pictures? Sure? Yeah?
Speaker 7: I mean if that's what this whole place is known for, why would I not want to see a picture of what they're known for.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I guess so you're gonna be so when you're sitting at home one night. Yeah, and you send me, see me send pictures. You want to see pictures of tulips.
Speaker 3: That and the Red Light District if you don't mind.
Speaker 4: I think I think the second one is what you would prefer to see. But we're going to the UH. You know, it's in the Hague there, Drew is the International UH Criminal Court. Like when people commit war crimes and like leaders across the world do something awful, they come there and that's where their trials are is at the Hague in in UH in Netherlands, And so that's where I'm gonna be for like a week.
Speaker 6: Sounds exciting. I hope we get pictures of the Hague too. Yes, there's a courthouse. Just send us all the pictures.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 6: Maybe the Ann Frank House isn't that there something we're at.
Speaker 4: My little group, We're going to the n Frank House. Are you related? Iterary? Yes, we're going to then Frank House. Uh, we're going to the It's like the human it's human rights and all of that stuff. I've been reading my little book here Ryan, just last night read Spinoza. Have you read a lot of Spinoza in your life?
Speaker 2: That's all next on my must to do read list. I think, is it Hurt.
Speaker 4: Hurt Mueller, You've probably you're probably she's probably one of your favorites. Is Oh yeah, I love her to diet Emon. I've been reading all these people. Uh so it's, if you know, very different than reading Jacob Polochek's Portal reports. But uh they're the you know, still still worthy. And speaking of the portal Shanon, I don't know what to do about Scoop. You know, I love Scoop and love when Scoop gives Scoop, and I get excited when Scoop gives Scoop. As a matter of fact, when we do you have a little song you play, I.
Speaker 3: Do, Yeah, I do.
Speaker 4: Scoop. And every time I hear that, it makes me so happy because Shenon it's like, oh, something good's happened. Well yesterday at the end of the show, he dropped like three Scoop bombs. He said, uh, he said, we visited the guy from UAB in Chicago, which, by the way, Ryan, that one was true about that. That one was true, one for one, one for one. Then you said that you felt good about us getting the kid from Robert Morris. H. I talked yesterday to some people. I wouldn't say like, I don't think it's gonna happen this week like you said, but I do think that they do look good with that kid if they decide they want him. But then you also said that we were gonna get Magoon what's his last name, Glow. Yeah, you said that was gonna happen any day now, as Ronnie Millsap would say. And then last night he picked San Diego State, which was a huge strikeout for Scoop. What do you have to say for yourself.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, I think my information was really good. He committed to Kentucky and just the kid changed his mind. I mean, he wanted to stay home play at San Diego State, so I you know, this is in this nil transfer portal world that's just gonna happen sometimes. But he did commit to Kentucky and the staff felt really good that he was coming.
Speaker 4: Just he changed saying he did commit to Kentucky. He did. Now, is there a part of this that makes you want to say, maybe the way you handle scoop in the portal era, maybe you need to like be a little careful and say, well, things could change.
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 5: Yes, That's why when I set the first treat out is used the Google eyes, I didn't say anything. Then I'm here on the radio show, I went ahead and said it. I shouldn't have should I should have just stayed with the googly eyes?
Speaker 4: Oh so, so no way, man Drew. Is he saying google eyes is not the same? Like that's not as big of a.
Speaker 6: Risk, That's what it sounds like. Yeah, I still really know the full context of these Google eyes. He's making the Google eyes seem pretty innocent, even though it has two hundred and fifty thousand.
Speaker 4: You would argue there's I would argue, there's a decent chance as many, if not more people see the googly eyes than hear the radio. So why are you so liberal with your Google eyes with.
Speaker 2: My googly eyes? I? Uh, you know, I I fully believe my information was right.
Speaker 5: Like I said, he committed, staph thought that he's committed, and I think the staph disappointed that he changed his mind. And I think that's just stuff that's gonna happen in this one era we're in.
Speaker 4: We Shandon, can I tell you the mental hurdle I had to jump yesterday? Yeah? All right? So so, uh, you know, UK has a couple of people that sort of deal with the Nisle side of things, right, So I think it's important for people to understand how the UK process of getting players works. So Mark Pope, I actually think Rhyme was correct. I mean, I like to give him a hard time, but I actually think he was correct. The coaches talk to the players, and the coaches kind of do the do we want this kid and what does the kid want? We'll talk about basketball, et cetera. And then if there's a fit Drew, then I think it moves to the Okay, let's do the negotiation side. Does that make sense? So those are two different steps. There's the basketball step and then there's the anile step. And when it comes to the annial step, that's a conversation that often doesn't even include the basketball player. It includes the agent. And then the people that UK sort of have doing that that are kind of outside the program to be honest with you, so at least for now. So what was interesting is Ryan, I think, would it be fair to say that your source is kind of on the basketball side. Is that fair to say? Yes, Yeah, my sources tend to be because I'm kind of of the belief that in the portal era, we're back to the old days where the source is now are almost need to be more on the outside because they're the ones handling the brass tacks Shannon, if that makes sense right, They're the ones kind of handling the money side. And yesterday afternoon, I was walking through Central Park and I was talking to a couple of folks and they were basically telling me that Scoop was a little premature, that he had some premature scoopulation Shannon.
Speaker 5: Always embarrassing when that happens, some premature scoopulation that may uh maybe when he said that on the radio that when it came to the financial aspect, that that wasn't finished yet.
Speaker 4: So then I'm left with a quandary, Shannon, do I do I try to counter my own scoop guy, you know, you don't want to do And he's and and like you think maybe on that other side they'll eventually work it out. So I kind of let it be, and the later in the night we find out it doesn't work out. I think what ended up happening is San Diego State got to enough close to Kentucky that he decided to stay. I don't think they've got as far as Kentucky, but close enough that he decided it was worth it and he ends up staying. But the financial side of this is actually kind of quite interesting because Kentucky is trying to get four or five players. I think financially Kentucky's got plenty of money. But I think Kentucky, and this is true if Kansas, Duke yukon all of these teams, they're trying to get a number of people, and they don't want to throw all their money at one or two kids. And what's happening is some of these other schools LSU, South Carolina, San Diego State, DREW. I think they're kind of throwing their whole bag at one or two kids, and it is making it to where some of these powers are having to hold out a little bit longer because the bigger amounts of money are going to these other kids. Now, I don't think that's what happened with this kid with Magoon, but I do think that's what happened maybe with some of the.
Speaker 6: Guys got to defend Scoop a little bit more. This stuff. As we've seen with other players too this year and last, it can change with one phone call. They cannot be considering a school at all. In that school, it can have a chain reaction. That school can lose the guy they were going after and just out of the blue call someone up and drop a bag and then suddenly it turns on a dime. And that seemed to be what happened here, because you know, it's fun, it's fun to laugh at Scoop. But when Trillie Donovan, who doesn't miss and on three everyone on the internet had Magoon to UK yesterday, I'll note two days after Scoop. But he's not the only one that missed this when and it just seems to be the case that the kid had a change of heart that phone call came in and they had found the money to flip his decision.
Speaker 3: And it could have been true.
Speaker 7: You know that eleven fifty five yesterday morning, what Ryan was sam was true.
Speaker 3: King's changed.
Speaker 4: I think it was, But I think it's important to remember that there are two phases now. There's the basketball phase and there's the money phase, and I think probably we need to all be careful that we make sure both are aligned. You know, the Donovan Dent kid, I think he sort of told the basketball people I want to play there, and then on the money side, UCLA came up with a with a larger offer. I think it's also the last thing I would say is, with the exception of Louisville, who has gotten a couple of players, most of the powers Ryan have not gotten anyone yet because I think they are very hesitant that when Duke and Kansas and Kentucky and Yukon and all these schools sign somebody, you are setting the financial precedent for your team. You're setting the president of what you're gonna have to give everybody else. You Also, Ryan, I don't think you can give otega Oway less than you give some of these other kids, these new kids. So I do think UK has to be careful, and I think that's what you're seeing right now. So that's a long way of saying I think our fans are gonna have to get used to. This is a different process. And I also know one other thing. Last year, if you remember, we lost Drew the Mahoni Kid to Yukon but ended up with Kobe Brea. And we lost the Roach Kid to Baylor, but we ended up with Lamont Butler. And sometimes you may find out that there's a better kid for you down the road. I looked at the recruiting rankings from last year, and I looked at the top fifteen players in the portal according to on three and where they went. And guess what of the top fifteen players in the portal, Guess how many of them ended up playing in the Elite eight One question?
Speaker 2: One? That's it.
Speaker 4: One Clifford, the kid that went to Alabama, Clifford. Yeah, only two went to the Sweet sixteen. Wow, John L. Davis in Arkansas and Clifford. So my point is just because you get these dudes, they may not be a fit for what you're doing. And I think that's important to watch as you go through this. But Scoop, do you do you feel bad about it? Or do you are you still confident that you were right when you said it.
Speaker 5: I'm confident I was right when I said it, But I do feel bad, and I'm afraid to open my phone and see how I'm about.
Speaker 2: I'm getting roasted, So I'll just let that just sit on my desk for a while.
Speaker 7: Don't worry about them. They didn't have the scoop. They didn't know any more than you did. Don't worry about those people.
Speaker 6: I wrote eight hundred words commending Scoop ready to hit publish.
Speaker 2: I had.
Speaker 4: You should apologize to you should apologize to.
Speaker 6: It for you?
Speaker 4: Do you still? Do you have anything you want to add about the Today Scoop? Or are you out of the scoop beat for a little while?
Speaker 5: Well, I thought I was gonna come in here and get to tell you about the Indiana guy that they're on, but then somebody broke that last night. So that's that's the only other nugget I got.
Speaker 4: What were to put it out last Na?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the kid from Indiana that they were?
Speaker 4: You didn't want to put it out last night? Where you were?
Speaker 2: I was gonna say it for the show today?
Speaker 4: Okay? Gotcha? Well you go outcast for him. I still believe in Scoop. Thank you?
Speaker 2: Is this a was a swing and miss on that one?
Speaker 4: I guess, Yeah, sometimes it happens sometimes. If I'm nine two eight twenty two eighty seven, is ask anything Wednesday? We are going to take a break and be right back. This is KOSR. You think Vince Gill Shannon has any like fun time in his life? It feels like all of his songs are so emotional, you know, like everything is so sad, Like he's an amazing guitar player. Yeah, but he had like but his but all his famous country songs were sad.
Speaker 7: Well, he had one with like was it little Jimmy Dickens or who was it that he did? What the what the Cowgirls Do is a fun song?
Speaker 4: Okay, that is true. That is a fun song. It feels like most of his songs though, were like breakup songs or dying songs.
Speaker 3: Well that's what hits the hardest, you know.
Speaker 4: I guess so I do like Vince Skill though, biggest fan of Belmont College, like goes to all of their games, supporter in Nashville. That's right to ask Anything Wednesday. A couple questions what person rates Matt If Reid hadn't gone to the NBA, do you think he would have come back to Kentucky or followed cal to Arkansas. What do you think of that one? Oh?
Speaker 6: Oh wow, never even thought about that. I don't think he would have followed Cal. I think we would have found all the money we need to keep Reid. But you know, as you say, maybe I'm not positive he threw on the shirt. Still likes Cal roots for him. I want to say Kentucky, but who knows. Maybe Cal could have found the chicken money to pull him away.
Speaker 4: I think it would have been Kentucky, Ryan. I think that's part of why I was so surprised by the by the Arkansas shirt. I think I think it would have been Kentucky. What do you think? Yeah?
Speaker 5: He had Kentucky posters up in his bedroom. Both his parents played for Kentucky. He's worn Kentucky gear his entire life. It'd be tough that played that play with Pope.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I think the Pope thing. It would it would make Pope look bad right out of the gates. And I don't think Jeff would have let that happen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just don't think so. Well. One person writes, Mad, I've seen the tulips. You're gonna be really impressed. They create pictures and mosaics with the flowers. My wife still talks about them. There you go shit pictures and mosaics.
Speaker 3: Are you a flower guy? I know you're a candle guy, flower doll.
Speaker 4: Not at all, not at all, Like I don't I don't know that I ever noticed flowers ever, but apparently, I mean these are everywhere, Like they literally take out their tulip markets where you can go by and trade tulips. I don't have any to trade right now.
Speaker 7: So you say you're not a flower guy, but yet yesterday you successfully identified the two parts of a flower, the pistol and the stamen. So I think maybe you are a flower guy. You just don't want us to.
Speaker 4: Enjoy the reproduction aspect that that's out it is. One person writes, Matt, sounded a little like you were covering for Pope. Can you acknowledge that there are guys in this class Pope wanted that he's missed. Well, yes, I mean I think there are two guys that they were ready to take, both of whom told Pope on the basketball side that they were coming, and both of whom, when it got to the financial side, decided not to. One of them is Donovan Dent that went to UCLA and then the Magoon kid. The Magoon kid ended up staying at his own school, so I don't think there's any way you can blame. I mean, if he hadn't even entered the portal, we would have never said that kid's name. So really, I think the one person that they lost to another school Drew is Donovan Dent, and he's great, but he's from the West Coast. UCLA decided to offer him, and he did it like we're gonna lose some in the portal era. But I think that's the only one I would say is like, quote unquote a loss because Magoon stayed at the school he was at, so I think he's the.
Speaker 6: One in my Yeah, and even though Dent didn't play at UCLA, that part of that is staying home too, being from the area. And if the two bags match and you want to still be a West Coast kid, I can see how Pope could lose Devan. I really want a Mgoon. I think they'll be fine. But I had talked myself into Magoon, so of the two, even though Dent's higher ranked, I was ready for to have you.
Speaker 4: You're okay with a one and ninety pound big guy.
Speaker 6: Well, if we're if we're gonna put eighteen pounds on Trenton Noah and his the way, he's beautifully built, and we could have put some weight on Magoon.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well we would have been eating a lot. There's still plenty of options. Here's the thing. I'm gonna judge this class when it's over. There are still dudes not even in the portal yet, you got guys from overseas. I think there are a plethora of options. It's like going to a buffet in Vegas. Is some of the food better than the others, probably, But there's plenty of food. So just let me judge your plate when it's over, and then I'll tell you if you did a good job or not. And I think we're probably at least a couple months before knowing how to do that. Who's up first, Shit, Derek, Derek, go ahead, Derek.
Speaker 8: Hey, Matt, bringing it back to yesterday talking about the honey. Honey is actually the only food in the world that does not expire, So you can stuck up on as much as you want. And is that as wrong as you want?
Speaker 4: Is that true food in the world that doesn't expire like nothing else?
Speaker 8: Correct?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I mean they found honey from ancient times and it's been perfectly good to eat.
Speaker 4: So I could eat a jar if I found a jar of honey that was ninety years old. You're telling me I could just dig in and it would be.
Speaker 8: Fine if it is properly stored.
Speaker 4: Yes, what does that mean?
Speaker 8: Properly stored just like you know, in a jar and not exposed to the elements you know, outside for ninety years.
Speaker 4: If I had a ninety year old honey, would you take a big bite of it?
Speaker 3: Sure, I'll try it, all.
Speaker 4: Right, I'm gonna take your I'm gonna take your word.
Speaker 7: But I don't believe it's the only thing though, And you just hung up. I don't believe that that's the only thing that doesn't expire.
Speaker 4: Well, I have no way of knowing. First of all, I have no way of knowing the fat guy's even right. Have you heard that, Ryan Drew? It doesn't expire.
Speaker 2: I have never heard that.
Speaker 5: The one thing about honey I always heard though, if you're an allergy suffer, if you eat honey from the area you live, it helps limit your allergies.
Speaker 3: Local honey.
Speaker 2: That's right, Yeah, local honey.
Speaker 4: What now say that again? If you eat honey from where you.
Speaker 5: Live, yeah, like in your area locally, it like it'll limit your allergies.
Speaker 4: So if you eat Lexington honey.
Speaker 6: Yes, yeah, maybe maybe even Richmond honey.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I don't know how further radius is, but maybe the surrounding counties.
Speaker 4: Is like you are. Has everyone heard this except.
Speaker 6: I buy like local honey for that reason?
Speaker 2: Yep, And it always blew my mind.
Speaker 4: There's a musical group. There's a musical group called the Local Honeys. They they're from eastern Kentucky. I think they play with Childer is a lot? Is he are? They named the Local Honeys because of what you're saying.
Speaker 6: You think maybe you ever seen him have allergy problems.
Speaker 4: I don't think I've ever seen any of them sneeze like three or four times. I don't think I've ever seen them sneeze. Wow, a lot about honey.
Speaker 2: All right, who's back?
Speaker 3: All right, let's go to Reese.
Speaker 4: Reese got about forty five seconds, go ahead. All right.
Speaker 9: Well, I'm not nervous about the portal. I trust Pope at the end of the day. But I do have an unpopular opinion. I don't think I would be super upset if Oway decided to transfer to LSU or something because of money. And my reasoning is because of what we saw with Oscar or two. The offense is better when it's just natural, and we thought Oways start to force something and.
Speaker 4: That, Like, I disagree with that a lot, and I'll explain why when we come back, because I actually disagree with you, but I appreciate the call. We'll take a break very back. T J.
Speaker 6: Smith, personal injury attorney, called TJ. He'll make them pay.
Speaker 7: Now more of Kentucky Sports Radio presented by Stockton Mortgage.
Speaker 3: Here's Matt Jones.
Speaker 4: I've learned a lot about honey today. I'm not gonna lie to you. Somebody's telling me honeycomb cereal hinnon lasts forever.
Speaker 3: I believe that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: That And also on McDonald's French fries, you could eat frog.
Speaker 4: Don't last forever. Yeah, I mean they get soggy and.
Speaker 3: Like, I'm just saying that you could eat them, I don't think they would ever.
Speaker 4: Like what about twinkies? Somebody says twinkies never expire, but.
Speaker 5: Billy has a box of Twinkies. Billy has a box of Twinkies in this studio it's been here for a year.
Speaker 7: Eat one, eat it.
Speaker 4: No tweinkies are gross. I couldn't. I couldn't get it one person right to Matt. Don't you think we need to be quiet about who we are looking to bring in so other schools are not aware? So this is a new but I have wondered about this, and I look, there's never gonna be a time at Kentucky where it's quiet, because, as I've said about other things, I used to say this about cal when when when information is wanted, if people don't fill it in, a vacuum will be created and somebody else will fill it in. I think one of the reasons we've had a rise in conspiracy theories over the last five or ten years is people want information. When they don't get, a vacuum fills and you end up with false information. Similarly, in recruiting, even if all the Kentucky recruiting gurus or insiders were to get together and say we're not gonna say anything, we're not gonna report the news, then they'll just be people on Twitter that'll do it, and they'll make it up and people will believe it because there's a hunger for the information, and when there's a hunger, when there's a demand, the supply is going to be created. So I do think Drew it's a challenge for UK coaches. We just have more people talking about it. One of the things that I was trying to say last night, but it's hard to say on social media, is other schools are missing on guys too. It's just you don't follow their reporters to find out, right, Like we you follow us, so it seems like, oh, we're missing all these guys. But Louisville's already signed two dudes, but they've missed on five, right, Like that's just how it is. You just don't follow all their reporters. I mean, Duke's already missed on kids, Kansas already missed on kids. Like that's the way it goes. It's just you're following the Kentucky people so it feels stronger to you. And even if Kentucky reporters didn't report it, then some doodles show up and be called cat recruits in your ear and then people will believe them because of Drew. People just want information.
Speaker 6: We already have too many at cat recruits in your ear on the Internet. Anyway. But even if all Kentucky people kept things quiet, the national recruiters, they have a job to do and they don't care which schools getting who they're gonna report. I just I'll use Joe Tipton because he's from ON three. I mean, he's gonna report everything that he can that's happening, whether it's helping Kentucky or herd Kentucky, because he's got a job to stay on top of all the movements. So we could try our best to keep things quiet, but there's guys out there that don't care how it ends. They're just reporting and doing their job.
Speaker 4: I mean again, I'll use ON three because that's Kentucky Sports Radio. Kentucky Sports Radio is the biggest site on three on on three by substantial amount. We have more posts than anyone else, We have more readers than anyone else. We are now to the point that we are getting even more subscribers, even though some of these sites have released for twenty years. I think we have like the third or fourth most subscribers. So like it's gonna happen, Like people want the information, so there's no way to keep it quiet.
Speaker 6: I have some numbers on that this morning. The number one page on the entire ON three network is Kentucky Sports Radio dot Com and number two is the Magoon Update, and those two have three times more than the third page on any on three D.
Speaker 4: It's just what it is. It's just what it is, like that we just care more and so it's gonna be what it is, all right. So, Ryan, I wanted to see what you thought about. This is not a non sports thing for just okay. Corey Booker, do you remember Corey Booker? He was on this show on he was on this show. He's the mayor of Newark. When we played in the NCAA tournament, he came on, remember Shannon, he sang do you remember that? He sang that song about Kentucky? What was the song again? It was like, what was the song Corey Booker sing? It was like an old country bluegrassy song. It was like take the K, take the N and the nd TC and the take when'd it something.
Speaker 3: Like Kentucky and that's pise.
Speaker 4: Yes, Kentucky. That's exactly right. He sang that on here. We need to play that next break. I haven't heard that a long time anyway. Now he's a senator and yesterday Ryanie broke the record for the longest speech in the history of the US Senate. He spoke for twenty five hours straight. Now, the reason he ye it is he was doing a filibuster. It's like he was trying to get attention on something and he was doing a philibuster. But he broke the record twenty five hours straight on the Senate floor. He did not stop to eat, He did not stop to use the bathroom. He said he stopped eating last Friday, and he stopped drinking last Sunday in preparation, and he spoke for twenty five straight hours. His staff apparently provided him with twelve hundred pages of notes, but they did not write the speech. He ad lived it for twenty five hours. I turned it on for like five minutes just in the middle, and he was talking and it seemed coherent. So here's my question for you all. Do you think there's anything in the world that you could talk about for twenty five straight hours? Ryan? No way?
Speaker 2: Uh uh I get I'm so adhd.
Speaker 5: I have a hard time talking for two minutes, let alone twenty five minutes twenty five hours?
Speaker 4: Do you think you could do one hour? You think you could stand up for one hour and just talk.
Speaker 2: I don't think I could.
Speaker 5: I mean, we all been asked to do like speaking engagements, and usually after about fifteen twenty minutes, I'm done, and he got any questions, I immediately opened the Florida questions.
Speaker 2: I can't go any longer, Drew.
Speaker 4: Do you think you could talk about anything for twenty five hours?
Speaker 6: No, not at all, not even two point five hours. I would get bored with myself. I would get bored before my listeners would, and I would want it to be over with.
Speaker 4: So you, yeah, you did.
Speaker 6: I was impressed because when I saw it was going on, you know, he's live on TikTok and live at several places. I just wanted to see if he was rambling or I mean, it was pretty coherent, like a real speech, even fifteen hours in. I was impressed he was able.
Speaker 4: To do That's what I said. I turned it on like our seventeen and he was giving a real speech like he wasn't just like my buddy Josie, and and I was like whoa, And he was like giving a speech, Shannon, do you think you could do it?
Speaker 7: I don't eve think I could stay awake for twenty five hours. Let alone talk for that long. You know, I mean, take away all you guys on this show and just say I had to fill the next twenty minutes by myself with Mars to talk to. It's not as easy as what you may think. So I got they can do that for twenty five hours. That takes some talent to do that.
Speaker 6: Does he want to do KSR next week?
Speaker 4: How about not using the bathroom?
Speaker 6: He had to have a Catherine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, depends on something.
Speaker 4: Oh you think he was peeing in his pants? Man, he was on TV the whole time. There's no way he was like peeing down. He's wearing a black suit.
Speaker 6: Can't see it?
Speaker 4: You where?
Speaker 2: It depends under garments? You know they'll ever know.
Speaker 3: Undergarments.
Speaker 6: I noticed the black suit right away, and I thought he's wearing that case.
Speaker 4: Esp I really I didn't think about that. Do you think you could stand on national TV and just pee while you're standing there talking to the world, even if you like, you think you could.
Speaker 7: Do that stare right into the camera's soul while you're peeing.
Speaker 3: Down your leg. I don't think I could do it. I think I would tense up.
Speaker 6: I could pee my plans on national TV before I could talk for twenty five hours exactly.
Speaker 2: Yes, I can pee in front of anybody, but I can't talk for Kentucky's still not on the air.
Speaker 4: We can make that happen, I I you think that's what we do a segment on any Kentucky with that, Yeah, that would be. I don't know if that would be They would have allowed us to do that. Well, I have to say to put politics aside. Just standing up there and talking for twenty five straight hours coherently, Shannon, I have to say, I think that's impressive.
Speaker 3: That's extremely impressive.
Speaker 4: I mean, twenty five straight hours is unbelievable. And so now he has the new record for that. It's crazy. Who's up next, Derek? Derek, go ahead, Derek.
Speaker 10: Hey, Matt, first time, long time?
Speaker 4: Who are what's up? Hey? Not much?
Speaker 10: I got two quick questions for you and one of your thoughts on and I'll hang up to listen. First, you'd previously mentioned some targets that we may be focusing on that haven't ended the portal yet. One was a guy that was in the Sweet sixteen. Another was a guy that was in that Crown Tournament that's going on, have either those guys or both those guys got in the portal yet that you know of? And if not, or if so, like what's your confidence level on that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I can't say whether in the portal or not. I actually don't know who's still in the Crown because I haven't been following it. I saw Vegas took the game Shannon or right, excuse me, Drew took the games off of DraftKings because because every one of them went over in the first round because no one's like preparing defense for it or whatever, so you can't even bet on them. So I don't know who's still in the Crown or not. The player that I think Kentucky is definitely interested in. Their team has been defeated from the NCAA tournament. But as to but I just can't say whether or not they're in the portal. But as far as the Crown, I honestly don't know who's in and who's still out. So I couldn't couldn't answer that question.
Speaker 6: If Cam Williams did not play in the Crown with two Lane, we already have a guy from the Crown. He stepped away and didn't play.
Speaker 4: That was the only one I was talking about. But yes, I think.
Speaker 6: I'm the only person in the world that's been watching the Crown. I'm their one fan.
Speaker 4: You liked it right, like you've been. Well.
Speaker 6: It was on Monday at three o'clock. What else you gonna do on Monday at three o'clock? You mean I get more March madness. So before it was pulled, I got to bed a little bit on Butler. You Tom didn't know anything about the teams. But it's just extra basketball before the season goes away.
Speaker 4: I have some B facts. Shit it you have some one all B facts. Think about bees? So all honey producing bees are female. Did you know that no males produce honey, only females. They lived for forty days. A honey bee visits a million flowers in its lifetime.
Speaker 2: Wow, that seems busy bee.
Speaker 4: That'd be true forty days. Just say that was a busy bee.
Speaker 2: Yes, forty days.
Speaker 4: How many flowers is that a day? That's a lot of flowers. One honey bee produces one sixteenth of a tea spoon of honey in its lifetime, but a hive can give you thirty pounds of honey.
Speaker 7: Wow, all these facts twenty five thousand flowers a day.
Speaker 4: That can't be right, right, that would be like almost that'd be over one thousand flowers an hour. I'm gonna throw the challenge flag on that one. Yeah. Either, I don't believe they can get it if they only live for forty days. I don't believe that. I do believe in court physical therapy. However, if you have back pain or other types of injuries, court physical therapy can help you get back to where it feels like you never had the injury. When the weather gets warmer, you can get aches, pains, and injuries. But if you go to court, they'll help you heal and get back to normal. There can prevent future injuries from happening. It's all at court physical therapy over seventy locations. There's one near you. Go to court dot com. That's ko RT dot com. We'll take a break and be right back to Kentucky Sports Radio. See. I remember when they we did this Ryan, I didn't know this song. He's crazy to me that he came on here and sang this and he was like, oh, this is a Kentucky song and I didn't know it. I was actually kind of embarrassed. Is it Merle Travis. Is that right? That is a version.
Speaker 7: I think that's the earliest version of it. This is Ricky Nelson and then Glenn Campbell.
Speaker 3: A version of it.
Speaker 4: Interesting. Yeah, I didn't. I didn't even know this was a song. So it was actually kind of embarrassing that he out Kentucky Kentucky me over this.
Speaker 5: I remembered him singing it, and I remember that when he was on and I thought, man, this is an impressive dude. I wish he'd run for president, and I still think. I think if he kept going, I think he would eventually maybe have been our president.
Speaker 4: Is that your political analysis? Yeah, okay, I think he could run. It didn't work. Uh, people are angry Shannon that I brought that up. By the way, if you wrote me the story was that he talked for twenty five hours. If you're mad because he's a Democrat, you need to go outside and breathe fresh air, because that's an interesting story, Shannon. Anyone talking for twenty five hours is straight. I don't care. It's interesting.
Speaker 3: I know if he was here republic and it doesn't matter exactly.
Speaker 4: But these people, there's like eight of you that wrote me, Man, you need to say you, like, seriously, you people got to get outside and talk to other humans away from the internet, because that's an interesting story. Plus, he stood drew for twenty five straight hours.
Speaker 2: That is just silt.
Speaker 4: Although, Shannon, did you when you did your walk? Did you sit down at all? At elder?
Speaker 7: I don't remember ever doing that. I think I stood the whole time. I may have sat down on the curb like a couple of times. I only it took maybe four breaks the entire time, so it wasn't much sitting at all. And that was thirty six hours.
Speaker 4: No, you did twenty four hours, right, you were? Yeah?
Speaker 7: I mean like I mean staying awake. That was like the longest I've ever stayed awake.
Speaker 4: You stayed away, yeah, yes, yeah, okay, gotcha. Yeah. I just think standing for twenty four hours be hard, right, that's gotta be hard.
Speaker 6: I would think, oh, absolutely, standing the same spot with cameras on you and you're just yapping. I think that's crazy. And anyone that took that as too political should probably go outside for twenty five straight.
Speaker 4: Hours, yeah, or just talk to another human.
Speaker 3: Or pee your pants whichever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you pee your pants on your walk?
Speaker 6: Where did you?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 7: Well, we try to go into a waffle house, they wouldn't let us in, so.
Speaker 4: I just use it. Did you just like go behind a tree?
Speaker 3: I use their dumpster?
Speaker 4: You use the waffle house?
Speaker 2: Thumb, Well, you gotta go, you gotta go.
Speaker 3: What you want me to do about it?
Speaker 4: I didn't know you used the waffle house.
Speaker 3: They catch us out of that waffle house, they go, no.
Speaker 4: That's pretty bad. When you're when the waffle you're not classy enough for the waffle house. That's that's that's pretty bad. If I'm not to a twenty two eighty seven, you got stuff playing for drew a Palooza next week, Drew.
Speaker 6: I got a few things. I'm gonna reach out some people. I'm trying to find the sweet spot of when to ask guests because if I asked too early, they might be a no or forget, and if I wait too late, you know, might get a no. So I'm gonna wait a few more days before I start filling some some interviews. But I got a bunch of topics I'm excited to talk about.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm excited for drew Palooza, and I would just say to all of our listeners, support my man Drew. This is his first week doing it by himself. Ryan, I'm excited for him, and uh, everybody get involved in Drew Palooza. Come seeing when he's at the bar. I think it'll be Uh, it'll be a fun time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he'll kill it, There's no doubt about it.
Speaker 5: It'll be a good week. And he's got Billy. I think it's gonna help him some and he'll have some good guests, so it'll be I mean, you're we talking about the National Championship? Did you just finished and you've got a lot to talk about.
Speaker 6: I do a whole week on the National Championship. Sounds like a great week. Maybe some ghosts, maybe some conspiracy theories.
Speaker 4: I think I think people would like those even better than the title. Who's up next, Dave, Dave, go ahead.
Speaker 11: Dave, Hey, two quick things. Uh. The first is I'm really excited about Malacott Marine and the performance that he's had in the McDonald's all American stuff. I'm excited to see.
Speaker 8: Him wear blue.
Speaker 11: The second is with the Big Z entering the portal, don't you think that he would be perfect for Mark Pope system. I know Col's best use of him is bordered down.
Speaker 4: Prim No, I don't because he can't play defense. I mean, the same problem that had he the same problem he had with col is gonna be the problem he has. He can't play defense and he can't protect the rim at all. So it makes it to where, yes, he can shoot threes. I think there's part of what Pope's system he would do really well in, which is that big man at the top of the key. But he can't. He can't dribble really and he can't play he can't play defense. So I just don't. You know, can he make threes, yes, but I just don't. I think there are big men out there who can shoot better than him. I mean, this was a dude who has projected a lottery pick that's now even not even projected as being picked. So I think they are beat options. If he comes here, I'll cheer for him, but I do think there are better options. Appreciate the call. Does anybody disagree with me on that? No, you're right.
Speaker 5: I think he definitely fits into the offensive scheme of what Pope wants that big guy to do. You know, he's good because he's a good shooter, he's a good passer, but at the defensive end, he's definitely we had some bad defensive guys.
Speaker 4: It's a pretty good passer, but he's not a good ball handler and defensively, I mean again, Arkansas got good when they start playing him last Yeah, so you know it kind of is what it is. Who's next? Jack? Jack? What's up? Jack? Jack?
Speaker 3: Okay, let's try Joe.
Speaker 4: Oh Jack, Joe, go ahead, Joe A five nine, two eighth, twenty two eighty seven.
Speaker 12: Joe, Yeah, I'm here, Thank you, Matt quickly. The Indiana Kentucky's going to resume their basketball series next year in Lexington, And man, I'm all for dad. I mean, I'm seventy three years old, and I've seen many of Kentucky Indiana, you know, great basketball games, and but I have reservations about going back to Bloomington and playing this game. I'm all for going back and playing the entire series up in Innneapolis at that Big Dome every year. Thirty thousand seats for Kentucky, thirty thousand for Indiana. I'm not really a big fan of one. See Kentucky go back and play in Bloomington. Am I a bad versus for good?
Speaker 4: A bad person? I mean, I'm actually you know, I've talked about that game a lot, and I appreciate the call. I understand why Cal didn't want to go back. It was a nasty, harsh environment, but it was also probably the best environment for a rego season college basketball game I've ever been in. I mean, it was wild, it was exciting, and uh, you know, if they're going to play each other, I think it's good that, you know. I don't know how Drew they worked out the agreement where we get two games in Roup and they only get one game in Bloomington and then one in Indianapolis. But we won't be going there for four years. But I'm okay with going there once every four years, are you? Uh? Yeah?
Speaker 6: But the problem with the Indie game is it's in Lucas Oil and I hate that place and it should be torn down. So we have to go there in the second year of the series.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's the second year. But I mean, look, objectively speaking, the wildest college basketball atmosphere I've ever been was that Kentucky Indiana game on the road. It was insane that year with the Watford shop. We'll take a break, come back. I remember two ask anything Wednesday. It's KSR