Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by Prize Picks.
Speaker 2: This is the holiday season, the best time of year for sports, Bowl game, basketball, matchup, playoff pushes. It's all happening at once, and while you are now making decisions every day which gifts to buy, what to eat, which games to watch, there's one place it feels good to be right Prize fix Baby. We're the ficker football season and some of you guys might be feeling down in Kansas City and Green Bay. That's why we have Prize Picks to keep you going for the rest of the season. Week fifteen of football did not disappoint man. The Bills passed the Bills down twenty one. MVP Josh Allen brought him all the way back for the win. Guess what a whole lot of offense Joe Burrow and the Bengals. Sorry o, Joe, playout, No playoffs for you, Josh Allen. More more more all damn Dave Baby. To fit your alert, Prize Picks now have early playoffs. If your lineup gets off to a hot start, you may now have the option to cash out those winnings before the game even finishes. Prize Picks is simple to play, pick more or less two player stats. If you get your picks right, you cult cashit. Download the prize pick after day. Use cold Shannon to get fifty dollars in lineups after you play your first five dollar lineup. That's cold Shannon to get fifty dollars in lineups after you play your first five dollar lineup prize picks.
Speaker 1: It's good to be right.
Speaker 3: Hello, Hello, Hello, and marking. What's that beautiful people? Welcome to Nightcap, another beautiful show. I'm one of your hosts, Chad Johnson. Uncle's using the bathroom right now. He's coming back. He probably didn't wash his hands. We just finished watching a phenomenal, phenomenal, phenomenal Packers and Bears game. What ending you ready? Good?
Speaker 2: Hello, ladies and gentlemen, to thank you for Jordan's for another episode of the Nightcap. As you watch the Chicago Bears take down the Green Bay Packers in overtime by the score of twenty two to six. Caleb Williams through a dot to DJ Moore. He held on to it as soon as he threw the ball. If you go back and look at the repay, he put his hands in his warming pack.
Speaker 1: You know this tub here. This is a tub here, unbelievable game.
Speaker 2: They get the field goal, they get the field goal, they get the on sidekick, Romeo Dobs misplays it, they get the ball, they go down the field and score.
Speaker 1: I thought believe Willis played really well. But give the.
Speaker 2: Chicago Bears a lot of credit. They won the ball game, and I think they what They won eleven games. Now they're eleven and four, look like they're gonna be the number one. Hello, they still got a chance they're number ones. Well, they got a chance. Still, I believe I have an outside chance at being the number one seed. But they win in overtime by the score of twenty two to sixteen. I am your favorite Uncle Shannon Sharp. That was my partner, that still is my partner and co host. That was doing the intro Liberty City Legend Bengals Ring of Fame Artery. HEYI former Pro Bowl and All Protest Chad O Yo Senko Johnson.
Speaker 1: Please how you doing?
Speaker 3: That's say, hey, un.
Speaker 1: Hey, how you doing? You doing? Good? You ready for Christmas?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You will get a bunch of toys. Huh I good?
Speaker 3: Areo doll?
Speaker 1: Oh you gonna get a big doll. You're gonna get a big aerial.
Speaker 2: About that big Wow. That's gonna cost a lot of money. You've been a good girl, Okay, Well, Santa's gonna bring that. I'm gonna make sure Santa brings that.
Speaker 3: All rights.
Speaker 2: Please hit that subscribe button, Please hit the like button. Do us a favorite, Go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. We would like to personally thank you for joining us like you did last night. I know the game went a little longer that anticipated, but here you are right here to support Nightcap Unk and Ocho, so we greatly greatly appreciate that support.
Speaker 1: Those looking to.
Speaker 2: Purchase a bottle of Shape by Laportier and you cannot find it any state or sitting near you, head to laportierkanyak dot com. This is the seven fifty, but now we also have the three seventy five.
Speaker 1: If you want something a little smaller. It is smaller, but.
Speaker 2: It still has the same quality, the same great taste, the same passion in love has been packaged in each smaller bottle as it has been the larger bottles. Please drink responsibly and stay safe. Head over to my media company and follow it on all of its platforms. That's Shayshape Media and My Clothing Company in eighty four, with eighty four being spelled out. That link is pinned into the chat. Caleb Williams hit Dj Moore and who walked it off. They won the toss. They elected the green Bay to have the ball. They wanted to see what they needed. Green Bay was driving down the field, fumbled a snap and the rest is as they say history. They had got a There was third and twenty and the guy grabbed Caleb Williams face mask mask gave hip life when he really didn't have to do that. But hey, you're you're grabbing so right when those things happened. But Caleb Williams nineteen or thirty four two fifty two touchdowns, He wasn't sacked and he didn't turn the football over. DeAndre Swift ran the ball thirteen times for fifty eight yards. College mat mana.
Speaker 3: Guy Managuy Monoguy.
Speaker 1: Managuy Marnaguy had nine for fifty. KYLEB. Williams ran the ball three times for thirty yards.
Speaker 2: They had twenty sixth rush one hundred and fifty yards, with DJ Moore five for ninety seven and a big touchdown, they win this ball game. They looked like they're gonna win this division. Who would have based on what they had last year? Oho, But we thought with Ben Johnson coming in, you picked them to be one of your surprise teams, them in the Carolina Panthers to be one of your surprise teams. And I think they surprised a lot. I think they're a lot better than people they thought they would improve. But I don't think anybody thought given that division, with Green Bay and Detroit stealing that division, OHO, I don't think anybody had Chicago pick.
Speaker 1: To win that division. Just go to show you what the coaching staff.
Speaker 2: They brought in some addition, they revamped the offensive line in center in Dalbn new left guard and Thooney new right tackle. So they revamped that offensive and they got Lovelace lovedlyan excuse me. Loveland is the tight end, the first round draft pick, and he's been phenomenal. So give the Chicago Bears credit.
Speaker 1: Oho.
Speaker 2: Jordan Love leaves the game, but Malik Willis did not disappoint. He played extremely well eleven and twenty one yards, threw a touchdown pass the Romeo Dobbs, but it was not enough. Because this was all about the Chicago Bears. When they needed to get a stop, they got a stop. They've been but they didn't break. They made them settle for a field goal. And because Dick kicks or touch down the games over. Yes, but they made him kick a field goal. They go down the field getting field goal range, kick the field goal, go for the own side.
Speaker 1: Romeo Doms misplayed it.
Speaker 2: Uh and and given his concussion history, O Joe, I'm not so sure you want him there with those kind of collisions because that think they're coming, and they're coming with bad intentions. And remember that you ain't no help in the help on the own side.
Speaker 3: Now that's a car.
Speaker 1: That is a for real car crash.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you also you want you want your players with your best hands and the ones that you trust the most in those such important situations like that, you want them on your hands team.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Also, Josh Jacobs going in for a touchdown, he fumbled the football. That has been his history. He's had a history. He's had a propensity to put the ball on the ground. So Jo as we start getting closer and closer, and we start in December, and we moved towards January. Yes, you got to hold onto the football. You cannot turn it over. The ball is a premium and it cost them. And guess what, we didn't see him anymore. Yeah, yeah, we didn't see him anymore. Listen, and Manuel Wilson took over from there. Yeah, Josh Jacobs, you got to do a better job of holding on to the football. They know, they know you'll give it up at some point in time, and they're gonna keep hammering at it. You're good, back, but you gotta hold on to the football. Oh, Joe, what did you like about what you saw from Chicago? Because Green Bay really controlled this game.
Speaker 3: Listen until Yeah, they controlled the game. That really, they controlled the game in its entirety throughout the game. I really, honestly, I'm gonna tell you, I thought the Bears are gonna lose. And going into the fourth quarter, five minutes left into the fourth quarter, the game is sixteen to six. Yeah, I'm like, hey, that's a two score game with only five minutes left on the clock. So many different things have to go right for the Bears to even have a chance to come back. And those goddamn things that needed to go right unk, they went right. Those things absolutely went right. The center exchanged the mess up between Malik Willison the center this hey, listen, you can't have that with the starting center and the backup quarterback. How many snaps do they get?
Speaker 2: Think about it, Ojo, You got to realize Malie Willis has been in the game, so they had taken a lot of them.
Speaker 1: They had to think about.
Speaker 2: When Jordan Love went out, right, Malik Willis comes in, he comes yes, because I didn't see I didn't me and I want you to go o Joe. I didn't see Jordan Love until they replayed it where he got help and to Helvet yes, I did. I didn't see it in real time. Informed down, I said, why did Why did they bring Malik Willis right? And then and then when they went back they showed it. I said, okay, that's why they were Belie Willison go ahead on to finish a point.
Speaker 3: But also I think that might have been a problem. I'm like, you know, you can't you can't blame the weather. You can't blame the weather. I would I would just say the fact that even though even though he wasn't there for a few snaps, once Jordan Love went out, I mean that center and quarterback exchange and the fact that they haven't had any type of continuity together that might have played a part in it. Maybe Malik Willison closed his hands fast enough. I mean, I don't know. I don't know, because Jordan Love is tooking a thousand god damn snaps and it hasn't been one center exchange where there's been an issue, and all of a sudden, there's one tonight. And obviously certain things that have to go right, and that was one of them. They had to go right in the Bear's favor for them to even have an opportunity and a chance to win this game, including the goddamn on sidekick.
Speaker 2: When you fall behind, Ojoe, you have to if as the behind team, you have to do everything right because if they messing up Ojo, we how many times we said, oh, the game was right there for the taken such and such did did such and such and such did that, but you didn't take advantage of the opportunity. So if you're the behind team, from the time you're behind, you have to do everything right. Now as the team that's in the lead, you need because all they needed to look in the momentum because realize you're on the road. So what happens, Ohoe, Now of a sudden, the crowd gets back in the game. The game's had the crowd at Bay for the entirety of the game quiet. Now all of a sudden, you got seventy thousand fans. They're into it, and then they stop your own third don't. I don't like the call. I didn't like to call him third down. I think you give the ball. I think you give the ball to a Manuel Wilson and you go ahead and get the first down.
Speaker 1: And I look and.
Speaker 2: I'm I just hate that offset. I just hate But anyway, that's not to hear another. But with that being said, oh Joe, I think Emanuel Wilson, you're giving the ball both times, and you say, offensive line, we need one yard, we need one yard. Now we get a new set of downs. They it didn't happen. I think the Bears, the Bears Bears give deserves a lot of credit. But Malik Willis showed me something because when I'm looking at him in Tennessee, we didn't see this Malie Willis, so it might be something. In Tennessee, Mike Rable was his coach. They didn't want him. He looked like a very, very competent quarterback. He looks like he can be a starter. I can look around the league and he's better than some people starters. That be the system, It might be Green Bay and what they have to offer. But oh Joe, he looks very competent.
Speaker 3: Right now now, And you heard what you just said. It might be the system, or it might be what Green Bay has to offer. You gotta look what he has around him. Look at what he has surrounding him, Look at the personnel, look at the offensive line, look at the running back, look at the receiver, the receiving corps. So you're gonna look like a competent quarterback when you're playing for a team from top to bottom that understands how to build a team where you can compete week in and week out. Of course, I mean, when's the last Tennessee. When is the last time Tennessee has a team that's been structurally built from the top to bottom, you know, to be able to compete week the week. There's a reason it was picking number one in the draft last year. There's a reason why. So they're not gonna look the same. And unless you're a superman. You can't go to a team that's not structurally built the right way. You gotta be superman to make them look good, if that makes sense.
Speaker 2: Bears take control of the NFC North Ojoe, Yeah, eleven and four, their game behind the Seattle Seahawks that are twelve and three. But there are two games in front of the green Bay Packers. Now, well, they're game and a half because green Bay has a tie. Actually yeah, well theoretically that's two games because you know, they only have four in the lost column and you got one got five in the lost column and one in the tie column. So there are two games ahead of green Bay and there three games uh uh, and the win column ahead of Detroit. We'll see what Detroit does tomorrow. But if they win one of these last two games, one of their last two ball games, they're gonna win the nf They're gonna win the NFC North, and they'll be the number they have. They'll be the number two seed. Oh yeah, Can can the Eagles be the two seed? No yet, I guess they theoretically they could, but yeah, I'm talking about Chicago because Chicago's gonna win that division. The question is do they'll do. Do the Eagles own any tie breakers over them? And like if they went out and and and the Bears lose one of their last two ball games, does that give them the Eagles enough to jump them. That'll be very interesting. But oh yeah, well yeah, oh so that's that's a mood point. So all they have to do is win one of their last two games, and they're the number two seed, but they're eyeing they're eyeing potentially that number one seed, so which is gonna be very very interesting if they have enough, if theyre on the tiebreakers over Seattle or the Rams.
Speaker 1: But we'll see how that turns out.
Speaker 2: But I was very impressed with Chicago because it seemed like they were meandering, going through the motion, going through the motion, and then all of a sudden, Caleb Williams. This is why they selected them number one overall because he can just make plays.
Speaker 1: He has the ability to make plays.
Speaker 2: On the move. He can fit the ball in the tight window. He can throw from the pocket, but he can throw off his back foot, he can throw rolling left, he can throw rolling right. And they've done a great job of giving him that. You know, DJ Moore, Roman dudes, they didn't play the Kills coach, the Lovelin cole Comet.
Speaker 1: They have guys.
Speaker 2: Yes, Green Bay messed this up in the down there oho and went when they went for on what was that fourth down brought the brown blitz. Look like on the left the right side, like I'm facing to the right side. It looks like they was gonna pass this off. If he comes in, I'm gonna take him. You stay outside. Yeah, but it seemed like the outside guy said, oh damn.
Speaker 3: I'm a jumping you got it? Yeah. If any if anything, they shouldn't. They should have passed it off because the person the person listen, the person going from out the end. I mean, once you pass it off, you're already in position, in position, yeah.
Speaker 1: So you don't have to worry about you don't have to worry about anything.
Speaker 2: You got everything covered because the guy goes in, he goes in to a guy that's already inside and out.
Speaker 1: And if the guy coming out.
Speaker 3: Your position to make that play, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Some of the frustration with somebody like how do how do we how do we see this? Is why I can't coach, because if you're supposed to pass it off on your how we gonna practice that now you you don't think they practiced that formation against that?
Speaker 3: He absolutely and getting the game and with the pressure.
Speaker 1: That's what say, press pipes?
Speaker 3: It does it does?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 3: Lack of lack of communication, that's all. Lack of communication in the ball.
Speaker 1: I don't need to communicate. We don't rehearse this. What do I do?
Speaker 2: Oh Joe, I don't need to tell you the O Joe, you got an out rock. We don't really render where You've been running the out rope the whole the whole practice all week long.
Speaker 1: O Joe.
Speaker 2: You've been hitting ten, roll to twelve. Now all of a sudden, come to the game. Time to rubber, need to read the road, you run the in cut?
Speaker 1: What you know?
Speaker 2: Just miscommunication, no miscommunication. That's the most important time. That is the difference between good and great, because the great in that moment, they don't succumb to the pressure. First quarter, he probably all over it, but he understands what's at stake, O Joe.
Speaker 1: Now all of a sudden, what was this big all of a sudden?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, very very tight.
Speaker 1: Now he hadn't got now he ate a bag of limbas.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're right, and that pression that, especially a situation like that, that that's what happens.
Speaker 2: That's look, Green Bay gonna be kicking themselves because we had him dead the right and we had him out and we had an opportunity, we had an opportunity to set ourselves in great, great positions, and we let him off the hook.
Speaker 3: Yep. And you can't you know what, you can't blame the quarterback situation. You can't blame Jordan Love going out, because Malik Willis came out and they were able to call exact same plays, run the exact same offense, and had the exact same efficiency efficiency as if Jordan Love was still in.
Speaker 2: So no, no, no, no, no, this is not This is not a quarterback where we like yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. This is not a quarterback issue. This is a situation where you squadned too many opportunities. You fumbled the ball going in. You're gonna get points out of that at worst case scenario, Oh Joe, you're gonna get three.
Speaker 1: And then you had a situation on third.
Speaker 2: Down, I don't know what the play you call, and you call something and Green and the Bears had it covered. Elie Willis scrambles and he gets back to their line of scrimmage, and then on fourth down, the center quarterback exchange out of don't know if I don't know if he took it out because wasn't it wasn't they in the gun?
Speaker 1: He wasn't under center. Wasn't he was in the gun? Yeah, I forget Yeah, and another can you.
Speaker 2: Pull that and see if they were in the gun. If he's under center, he might have been under centered. I don't because all I know is that the back reached down and picked it up and tried to get back, but there was too much penetration.
Speaker 3: You know. Another thing who deserves credit the Bears kicker. I can't remember what his last name was, but he had a fifty four or fifty one, and fifty four in those conditions. Listen, in those conditions with the wind blowing like that, and the fact that I was able, I was, I was watching him, and if the wind was blowing to the right, he kicked the ball just to smidge far left so the wind would take do the rest of the work for him.
Speaker 1: He was under center. Malie Wis was under center. He was okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And that's the thing we're gonna talk about the Miami kicker because I thought in that situation on Jo, I thought they was gonna say, hey, if you get the first down, go down and let us walk it off. But because the kicker had missed, and people like, well you try kicking in that conditions, Oh Joe. The reason why we go out there and warm up is that we can take advantage. We want to see what our cleats are like. We want to see what our gloves are like. The kickers go out there before us to see what the elements are.
Speaker 1: They cook it each hash. They start at like twenty five yards.
Speaker 2: They go left, hash middle, right, hash X, Y, and z and they back out go ahead oo.
Speaker 3: And the funny thing about it as a kicker, and I can say this somebody, I'm not even joking around. As a kicker, you see the kicker during the game when you flip sides of the field, you take the grass, You take the grass, you hold it up or whatever you need to do. No, lick your finger. Put your finger so you can see which way the wind is blowing. Because the weather in the way, and then in the direction of which the wind is blowing, it changes. As the game is going on it changes. So you as a kicker, you're supposed to know that. I don't understand what Miami kicker was doing today. I don't notice you you adjust to the climate. It's it's okay.
Speaker 2: And what do kickers and punters do? The kick on both ends of the field field? You have to, I mean you kick it on one end there the opposing team is kicking on one end and then you guys flip yes. So therefore you know what it's like kicking in that direction. You know the kicking like in this direction. So now the elements and you get a field. We go out there before we want to test our shoes. Do we need the motive bottom is good knock? Or do we need studs?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: The gloves?
Speaker 2: What type of gloves do you need? All that, that's why you go out there to feel it. Your quarterbacks go out there to throw because they need to know the conditions. So we don't just you know, hey and and and text it and them kicking. So that's that's that's what that. We weren't talk about that game a little a little later, but Caleb Williams walks it off with DJ Moore back hey throwing off his back foot. But go back and look at though he is calm. I mean he throws the ball and puts his hands in his warmers.
Speaker 3: That's what hey hold on. That just wasn't any throw. No, that retreated. That was a dot in the in the bread basket. He didn't have to break stride, he didn't have to do nothing except put his hands up and make sure he secured the catch. That was it. That was a beautiful throw.
Speaker 2: And that was the heck of a catch because the guy was all over it. He was all over him. He did a hell he did a hell of a job holding on to that football. But Kayla Wibbs, that was a great throw. That was a tremendous win by the Chicago Bears. They did an unbelievable job of remaining poise, keeping the coup and and finding a way to win this ball game. That is the that's coaching. That's coaching, and that's the belief that we're never out of.
Speaker 1: A ball game. Okay, okay, yeah.
Speaker 2: But you know, turnovers, get your beat, o yoe, get your beat every time. And that was you know, that was the different really the difference in the ball game because you took points off the board, and but uh, Chicago man, Caleb. They hey, they're young team, they're gonna they're gonna ask some more. They're gonna ask some more peace. I mean, they got a quarterback. They got a quarterback that they're gonna have for the.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 3: So all you got to do or you got.
Speaker 2: Like I said, you got the kias, you got loveling a uh walker cole comment DeAndre Swift. You can run the ball the number one rushing team, and when you can run the football, your playoffs should be.
Speaker 3: Exemplary, beautiful. It makes everything that much easier. Anytime you get run, it makes everything else you want to do offensively easier. You're running the ball, the playbook opens up exponentially.
Speaker 2: Absolutely well, Chicago A they might not have a place to play.
Speaker 1: They might be looking for a venues to play. They talked about going to.
Speaker 2: Gary, and they talking about Gary, Indiana city everywhere. But hey, all I know you're gonna have wherever you go right now. You got a great team to go into that building.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely absolutely, And I saw I saw those reports about them going to Gary, Indiana. Uncle, it ain't nothing but a thirty minute drive from from down from Chicago, from downtown.
Speaker 2: You know what, O Joe, It's just that you have to think about how long you've been at Soldier Field, right, I mean, you know you're just something about the monsters of the Midway.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: But hey, teams are moving working you see, Uh, there's a Kansas City they're thinking about moving out moving there. You know, these these lawmakers talk about, hey we got a billion dollars, come on out here go where?
Speaker 1: Uh they're trying to move to Missouri? Right? Oh?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: St whoa Kansas city?
Speaker 3: Okay, hold on, you know you listen, my geography is kind of off. Now, how far is Kandasity away from Missouri?
Speaker 2: Don't start me to line? Aren't they trying to move? Aren't they trying to move them out of Missouri to Kansas City or the other way around? So yeah, they're moving them out of Missouri to Kansas.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, uh.
Speaker 1: So but you could see Kansas right.
Speaker 2: So look, and the thing is what we're what we're seeing is that these owners, although they're billionaires, they're trying to spend as little as possible on the U stadium. Uh maybe you do you think like, okay, somebody's gonna give us a sweetheart deal, blah blah blah, because everybody ain't got money like stan Kronk stan Kronkay, say I'm leaving Saint Louis, I'm gonna have a bill. I got a billion dollars of that scrow. Because it costs money to move. You have to play the league to move to relocate. O, Joe.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, I understand it. I understand it. You know, economically, you know, financially, I mean what it does when they have to move, what owners need to be able to move. Yes, and Standard is in a different situation than everybody else. Do you understand do you understand how many franchises staying owns outside of justin goddamn Rams man. Listen yeah, Arsenal, Yeah you know what Arsenal? Yeah, yeah, listen. I would if if, hypothetically speaking as much as I love the game of soccer, you know who would have been the first person to play for the Rams and for the for Arsenal?
Speaker 1: Who?
Speaker 3: Who?
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, I don't know, Joe.
Speaker 2: It's I've never seen nobody play two sports, and and that was sports. I mean we see baseball, basketball, baseball, football, football, basketball, football, baseball, but that cross over there.
Speaker 3: I would have I would have been for I would have been the first one. I would have been. I would have been a gunner, would have been a ram Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But see all he does is kick. See Ojo used to do it with hands. So they're gonna kick that ball, you're gonna catch it unless he's gonna be a goalie. But I thought Brandon, as we mentioned Brandon Aubrey, I watched him in the and and the u f L, and he he had a leg. He was booming it.
Speaker 3: He'd been doing that, boy, he been doing it.
Speaker 2: But the Bears still top of the NFC nor thanks to a twenty two to sixteen overtime victory over the Green Bay Packers.
Speaker 1: Oh Joe.
Speaker 2: The Eagles beat the Commanders by the score of twenty nine to eighteen. Nick s around and said this team wasn't trying to run his score up against Washington with a two point conversion late to give him a seventeen point lead, but as the play ended, a fight broke out on the field, resulting in three players being ejected, line with Tyler Steen and the Commander's defensive end Javon Kenilong and Kwan Martin. O Joe, did you like the moves by the Eagles.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, damn there. You know what I like about the Eagles that you know, they were able to do to they own that they haven't been able to do all year successfully consistently. They were able to run the ball. They were able to run the ball. Sae Quan had twenty one carries, He had a TV he had one hundred and thirty two yards jenning Hurst through the area, I mean was he was okay, twenty two for thirty two tens for one sixty five, one five. But my eyes so bad. Damn, my eyes so bad. Oh yeah, yeah, one eighty five. I mean it was cool. They did what needed to be done to get the job done today.
Speaker 1: To drop past it too.
Speaker 2: Dropped a couple of day, Yeah, Davante dropped a couple of yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And so his stats probably I don't think they weren't like huge yardage, but he could have had a couple more touchdowns to that, Yeah.
Speaker 3: A few more. And you know what, there was really no threat at no point in the game where the command is a threat to the Eagles at all. The Eagles were really able to have their way and do everything they wanted to do, whether it was through the air, whether it's through the ground, and I mean it was, it was, it was. It was a winnable game in the game they should have won, and they did just that.
Speaker 2: The Eagles need to get their kicking situation resolved. I'm right here, Elliott, Elliott. Elliott is not automatic like he once was, Oh Joe. And you know in the playoffs it comes down it. These games are a one possession game and lo times it's a field goal.
Speaker 1: Is that the different in that possession?
Speaker 3: Yes? And hey, hey, I'm telling you you got somebody right here with a fresh leg. You know, I'm good from seventy. I'm not just good from seventy. I'm good from seventy consistently. I'm good from sixty to fifty forty thirty after field goals p A T. I mean, that's what I do, Sirihanni. If you need someone, if you need someone like me, if you need some what's up baby, a vacuum? Who spilled something? Stop eating? Go pick the pringers up and don't take no more food in that room. Yeah, go ahead, I mean no, I mean, I mean just I mean, there's there's no way you can get a kicker right now, not this time, because anyone that's available is a reason why they're available.
Speaker 2: You well, hey, what do you call him available? I don't know if they're looking at him. I mean he had two try outs, justin Tucker.
Speaker 3: Oh, I forgot I forgot Tuck.
Speaker 2: You know, hell and you, Hey, you're gonna have to block You're gonna have to block out the noise. Yeah, I mean, and you know what comes along. He had a couple of seat he had a couple of tryouts.
Speaker 3: We'll see, you know, when one of our favorite kicks is available, young ho Coup.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when I think, no, I think I think after your way, after he missed the whole ball, it's gonna be tough for him to get back.
Speaker 3: Yeah you think that. Yeah, Yeah, it's unfortunate.
Speaker 2: But the Eagles, the Eagles are twenty six first downs. They uh, they got three first downs. They were only for they were four to nine. Uh from on third down. I mean they possessed the ball thirty four minutes, like you said. Uh and then uh Marcus Marioda looked like he dislocated a finger or something, and they brought they bought Johnson. Then on Yoa, he's been on there's been thirty two teams in the NFL. He's been on damn near twenty of them. Yeah, I mean at that point in time, you know, all there was no chance right that the commanders were gonna mound anything as far as the comeback. There's a reason why a guy and I thought Josh McCown had been on a bunch of teams. Hey, he ain't got no room for nobody else's jerseys. He got all his jerseys on his wall in the basement.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: How many teams that he's been on, ash, he's gotta been on like thirteen to fourteen.
Speaker 3: Oh, Joe, so he's he's in the same boat with God, damn it, damn who Fitzpatrick.
Speaker 2: Oh, he's been on way more teams. He doubled, he done double, Fitzpatrick. Josh McCown has been on a bunch of teams. He doesn't got he don't pay. He way past Josh McCown. Okay, he's done been on like thirteen fourteen teams.
Speaker 3: Okay, damn, I'm trying to think. He says I could have swong.
Speaker 2: He've been We've been on Washington twice, eight total different teams and how many years only well, he had two stints with Washington. How many have Josh McCown and Fitzpatrick's been on Because I know Fitzpatrick's with the Jets, he's with Buffalo, He's with Miami.
Speaker 1: He think with Cincinnati. I think he's with the.
Speaker 3: Texans and everywhere. Physical boy, he'd be dealing that thing.
Speaker 2: Boy, just know you ain't going to the playoffs. He's gonna be fancy, but you ain't going to the playoffs, right. Josh McCown has been on eleven teams. But he played like twenty years, didn't he. I think he played like twenty years, don't Joe. Yeah, he's a he's somewhere. He's coaching now. He's a quarterback coach in Minnesota. I just saw him real recently. I think he's a quarterback coach in Minnesota. Don't be surprised because remember he got interviewed for a job. Don't be surprised if he get a job. I mean, how can you Can you still be the Chicago Bears if you play it, if you play if you play in another state mm hmm, if you're in Indiana, can you still be called the Chicago Bears?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Because it's not that far you you still, you still and Gary Indian Yeah, that's you know what, that's a good question. That's hey, listen, that's a great question, even though it's so close.
Speaker 2: Well, I guess they say, well, theoretically the Giants they don't play in New York.
Speaker 1: They're playing Jersey in Jersey. Yeah, so, and they still call them the New York Giants. It makes sense. Do you think they were trying You had a problem with them going for two? No, you, I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't know what the purpose was. I mean, whatever, play that you I'll save it for a rady day. I'm damn sure not breaking it out now after I'm already beating the team by the score up, which we beating.
Speaker 3: Them, and probably they just want to try something. They probably worked on it. They you heard what up?
Speaker 2: What you call them saying? Though he said we see him, we'll see him in two weeks now, I'm telling you, now, you're gonna get guys going out there. You hey, oh, you want to run this score up? Okay, they're gonna cheap shots here, They're gonna do all that stuff.
Speaker 3: Hey, stop it if you don't like it, stop it.
Speaker 2: Uh, it's gonna be interesting. It's gonna be a lot of fights. I mean, you got for you saw the fight happen when you went for two. Oh yeah, so you so you.
Speaker 1: Know what's coming when you when we go to Philly.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, hold.
Speaker 1: On extra to it now.
Speaker 3: They played, they play again and what two weeks? Oh yeah, Well, it ain't gonna be no different. It ain't gonna be no different. You don't have enough horse power. I love I love the Commanders. You don't have enough horsepower to compete with the Eagles right now, even even as up and down and it's inconsistent as they've been all year long. You don't have enough horsepower.
Speaker 1: You don't.
Speaker 3: They would have to, they would have to just lay down.
Speaker 2: Nah, they're not gonna lay down because they got to play, because they're trying to get You know that. You know you tried to Obviously you wanted the vision, so you're gonna get the home playoff ge yeah yah yeah yeah yeah, but okay, I may have a little sauce to it. So y'all want to be out here, y'all want to go for two, don't worry about it.
Speaker 3: We got something for that.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, oh yeah, yeah, Hey, you saw earning the game.
Speaker 1: How they stole on DJ Moore?
Speaker 3: Ah, you noticed that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I noticed it.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 1: I had nothing to do with the play.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I thought you would have missed that.
Speaker 2: Nah, hell Na, I saw it. I got something for y'all, did you say, See what you'll get. That's what y'all get for trying the.
Speaker 3: Cheap shot me. Let me let me send y'all home. Let me send y'all home the right way.
Speaker 2: But the Eagles, this is the first time in a long time we were The last time we had back to back champs in the NFC East hadn't have been like twenty years.
Speaker 1: That's been different, you know.
Speaker 2: It's been the Giants, the Cowboys, the Eagles, the Eagles down bars. But now we finally have a back to back the NFC champ and the Cowboys are officially eliminated from the postseason.
Speaker 3: Ad damn, damn.
Speaker 2: It's been two decades since we've had a back to back division champion in the NFC East.
Speaker 3: As long as long twenty years.
Speaker 1: Right, last time was two thousand and four. Oh, Joe SR.
Speaker 2: And I said, we did what we thought was the best interest to go one more point in my mind, is not running up the score. Eagles right tackle Fred Jones says, I guess they were upset we went for two, But I don't give a f It's football. You can't control what the next person does. Absolutely right, Sirianni job as the coach fifteen. Let Dan Quinn coach the commanders.
Speaker 3: That's it. I mean, they're gonna start complaining about everything. First touch push, they want to get the touch push playing. Next thing, you know, they're gonna start complaining about people going for two point. They're gonna try to get the goddamn two point convergent bands. Listen, they don't matter what the other team is running. Your job is to call and play defensively, and the job for the players is to stop the goddamn play. That's it, right, running up the goddamn score.
Speaker 2: Man, Come on, now, you see they call you see they calling them guards for false starting that to push.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, they called it.
Speaker 1: I'm like they've been doing it, yeah, been jumping the snap.
Speaker 3: Yeah they got an eye on it.
Speaker 1: That absolutely m oh joe.
Speaker 2: Three of the sloppiest wins quarters in recent football college history, followed by an incredible dramatic fourth quarter it looked like taxas say, and then was going to force overtime or score and potentially go for two like we saw with the Seattle Seahawks due on Thursday night. Yes, but bright Fitzgerald picked off Marcel Reid and the ends on with twenty three seconds left of Miami's defensive linement. Ruben Bain Junior put together performance for the age. Bane had four tackles for losses three SAT and they blocked field goal. Uh, you know, just getting he's the best college for He's the best D lineman that I've seen this. Yes, but hey, maybe there's there's some other guys out there. Oh, you're the only thing with Marshall role that you cannot throw. You gotta throw that guy open. There was a window you would lay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, super late, super late, Hey, super l trying to aim it and obviously when you're that close, when you're that when you're that close to the end zone, but you gotta let that ball go early because you're running out of god damn real estate. Not only not only not early, you throwing the ball behind him anyway, So it make it that it make it that easier for the for the young freshman who had a second pick of the day to send you home in the game, it was. It was a defensive game today, Unk. It was a defensive game with plays being made and sprinkled out. Malakai Tony, Well, he's special, Unk. They called him down here at the crib.
Speaker 1: Unk.
Speaker 3: We call him baby Jesus. We call him Baby Jesus for a reason. Man, listen, he was special. I was kind of up. I was kind of sad for him when he fumbled the ball. He fumbled the ball, then went to the sideline, had his head down and seeing his teammates Mark Mark Fletcher, Man Mark Fletcher was toting that rock today. Yunk was toting that rock today. Year seventeen carried for one seventy two, and I had a lot of people say, well, hell, if the Hurricanes were running the ball like that, why didn't you just do that the entirety of the game, just keep running the ball until they stop it.
Speaker 1: Man Carson back, Hey.
Speaker 3: He had he ain't had that kind of he had that kind of year, that kind of game was. It was bad.
Speaker 2: Uh, he did the right thing getting up out of Georgia. You're gonna be on the bench behind Stoptor.
Speaker 3: You think so.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, hell yeah. Those two interceptions really really killed him. I mean texting them. They really couldn't run the football. They had thirty five rushes on you for eighty nine yards.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, uh me.
Speaker 2: But it was a defensive game. Yeah, you're sprinkling some drops, just you know, fumble here. Miami came to play in a hostile environment. You know, I think Miami's office is kind of challenged because of the quarterback play. I think they got some skill position players that can play uh ten to three. But they got it right, They got it right. I think Miami deserved to be there, Yes, they got Who does Miami? Miami play Ohio State?
Speaker 3: Ohio State. Listen, they're gonna have to come to the party.
Speaker 2: Man, Okay, we're gonna talk about this a little later.
Speaker 1: O Yo.
Speaker 2: Oregon beat James beat James Madison, beat the breaks off them. That wasn't even interesting. So Oregon is at plays Texas Tech. Alabama plays Indiana, Old Miss plays Georgia. This was a game that went down to the wire earlier this year. Old Mess was in control of this game and Georgia came back and won. And do you play Ohio State?
Speaker 3: So, uh hey, are you and you can't play like this, uh against Ohio State, they can't play like this offensively, not gonna happen. Carson, Carson back, where you got a you got.
Speaker 2: Because Ohio State got a defense. Boy, they get appier, they got they got some guys gonna go hide in the draft. They get appier. They can get after Carson Banks will have to have to play the game of his life because I don't know. I don't know. And Miami has a great defense. You don't don't. Yeah, they play, They're here for a reason. We're not selling them short, but they Ohio State has an offense. The question is Carson Beckett quarterback. Can he crack Ohio State's defense?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I mean, you know what you know? For Carson beck honestly, it makes it easy because he has a receiving cause to do that. He has a supporting cast. I mean you you know the comparison people say Carnell Taitan and Jeremiah Smith. There's nothing like that there over there at m But youim they got some homegrown boys that's straight here from Dade County. Yeah, that can play some ball. They can protective, but that that too because.
Speaker 1: I don't come up about your receivers.
Speaker 2: Your offensive line can't hold up because the Ohio State got some guys get can get out of the quarterback.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, absolutely, it's gonna be a good one. It's gonna I just know offensively, them boys gonna have to show up, all of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but this game, I mean Texas A and them. I mean they let the they let the they let they lose the Texas, you know, last game of the season and now miss an opportunity to go to the SEC championship game and then they lose. Look, there's a lot to be proud of, but there's a lot there's some disappointment because you never want to lose your last last two games, and they didn't play their best football. Marcel Reeves got to do a better job of throwing the football. I don't know what he's gonna do. I don't know if he's coming back. He probably could use another year in college if he has it. Ocho, Yeah, he got to do a better job. You got to have better anticipation because, as Ocho said, when the feeling is condensed, you got to realize where do you think the guy's going?
Speaker 3: Everything, everything snees up for.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying that window was open.
Speaker 2: You got to throw him, throw him and let him go get to the ball, because if you even if even if you're not that far behind him, you're gonna give the dB a chance because he can't backpedal out of the end zone.
Speaker 1: What do you think he's going?
Speaker 3: And I can't. I can't remember to say. He's name the young freshman. And he played it so well too, just just the rout in general, how he said his feet in the ground, He didn't back up anywhere. He held his ground and broke right on it.
Speaker 1: He broke.
Speaker 2: He can't because if I if I stand right where I am, you're gonna have to.
Speaker 3: Run over me or go behind me, one or the other.
Speaker 1: If I backpedal, I'm gonna be out the end zone and you cut across my face. So I ain't. I'm already eight yards deep in the ends. One. Where do I need to go?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not.
Speaker 2: It's not a field play where you have to get some depth. Company might throw them all over your head.
Speaker 3: You have no choice. Yeah, all over your head.
Speaker 1: They're gonna be in love it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he played it. He played it really well.
Speaker 2: He played he played it. He played it perfect. He played it perfect. But the U moves on take on Ohio State. Uh old Miss beat to Lane forty one ten. Oh Joe, I know Tulane, but a Old Miss team looked very good today. Lane Kiffin made two hundred and fifty thousand dollars even though he's not coaching. Uh Look, I thought Lane allowing some of the coaches that he took with him to go back there and coach to help Pete Golden, who's the defensive coordinator. The question is before we talk about this game, if they win the national championship, does Lane get a national championship ring on you?
Speaker 3: Absolutely? Absolutely, because he was he was a party of Ysten, heyy listen, he was, he was a part. He was he's a reason and he was a part of that team just before leaving. It was a huge part of their success, huge part of their success. And and I mean you remember, you got to remember who they playing today. On you got you got to remember who they were playing to say nothing, to clap about nothing, to be to who you know, be be excited about. I call it that would be a tune up game for what's real and for what's to come. That ain't about nothing.
Speaker 2: Ah, try to dad Chamblers two one touchdown. Austin Simmons came in, played well, he plumbled the ball right before the half, but they about to get points out of that. That ran the ball thirty four times for a buck fifty one t one Lacy fifteen.
Speaker 1: Here's eighty seven yards.
Speaker 2: I mean, oh joe, they scored with like if it's like three plays with fifty seconds.
Speaker 1: Yeah, game was over.
Speaker 2: It wasn't even I mean, look, you could just see the difference. You know, my grandfaces always say, boy, just because you got the fastest dunky, that don't mean you deserve an invite to Kentucky Derby. Now got a fast ass donkey. Yeah, Tulaine got a good teach, but ain't need to play. Tulane should have been playing James Madison in the boat.
Speaker 3: Now that's a that's a good match. That would have been a good game because at.
Speaker 2: No point in time did anybody think Tulane was gonna beat it in this ball game. Nobody thought that the same thing with James Madison. It's called the thirty four to six. At the half game was over and we were gonna look at it.
Speaker 1: Man, that game was it? You know it wasn't. No, it wasn't.
Speaker 2: That wasn't even closed. They gotta come up to the system. They gotta come up with Vanderbilt. Vanderbilt Texas would have been better in this. You know, the same mens know the name till they get in the conversation. They did the right They stay y'all ass on crying, we ain't going to a bowl game, and ain't nobody missing you?
Speaker 1: But uh, forty one to ten.
Speaker 3: That's crazy.
Speaker 1: Forty one.
Speaker 3: Oh Joe, you knew that was gonna happen, though, anybody that understands what.
Speaker 2: Everybody knew that was happening, except the committee. Okay, if they're top ten, okay, oh Joe, we put them in. But come on, now, come on there, y'all know, y'all know this is not the same. Now, y'all know James Madison in Tulane doesn't have the same caliber player.
Speaker 1: It's old missing the Oregon So what did you expect to happen?
Speaker 3: I mean, listen, they understood what was gonna happen. They understood what's gonna happen. But they were deserving based on what they did throughout the season.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe, you got to look at who they're playing. Okay, if you put Tulane in the SEC, you think they're gonna have this record, well they're gonna be overh okay, you put them into Big ten, they're.
Speaker 1: Gonna have this record.
Speaker 3: They might go find honey.
Speaker 1: Propable opponents you playing.
Speaker 3: Come on now, yeah, I'm listening. I'm with you.
Speaker 1: When you're right.
Speaker 3: I ain't gonna, I ain't gonna, I ain't gonna hug at the point I'm witching when you're right.
Speaker 1: And it's a great story. It is.
Speaker 2: Hey, we went to the college football playoffs one year and you can still recruits that. But after this ass whipping y'all took, it's gonna be hard for y'all to get back in there again. You're gonna need to be You're gonna probably need to be uh thirty. Can you want lost three games? So the lost fister one today. So you came in eleven to two. You're gonna need to be thirteen to know you're gonna have to be in the top ten. We can't be putting teams in like, come on, now, come on, we got to be real about this. There's a there there and y'all are okay, if Tulane if y'all schedule one of these SEC teams, because I think they played the Old Miss. Didn't they play the Old Miss this year? I think it was the second time they played Old Miss them forty five ten in the regular season. Yeah, okay, now they beat them forty one to ten.
Speaker 1: Hey, so they beat you. They beat you eighty six to twenty two times.
Speaker 3: Hey, that's like it's like you get beat up, You go home and you tell your momy you had to fight. You got beat up, and she sent you back at the house. Go back and fight me.
Speaker 1: Do you whip you ass again?
Speaker 3: Whoop you ass again? Nah?
Speaker 1: You the a?
Speaker 2: He beat you so bad, saying you don't go out there and you fight him. You don't fight him, You're gonna have to fight me. Well, Mama, I'm gonna have to whip you though that did you told me up?
Speaker 1: Mama? You got to take it? Hey?
Speaker 3: That's hell boy?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, what come, I get it? Like you know, there's like, okay, we gotta find ways for this for the I guess like a mid major. They're not a mid major, O Joe. But I'm saying they're not a part. There's there's levels to this. There's levels.
Speaker 3: Yeah it is, and listen, oh yo, just because look the committee knows that. They know that, so I'm not listen. I'm not sure how the voting goes. I'm not sure who those are that control the voting. But they saw fit to allow two Lane to be in. They saw fit to allow James Madison to be in.
Speaker 1: Well, rolled the hell out that wave. You know, they rolled the hell out that wave. I mean they that supposed to be that wave, and the old miss that you know, they ain't got nowhere to be riding no waves in no Mississippi.
Speaker 2: I get getting the dirty as the Mississippi River. But anyway, Old Miss rolled the hell out that green wave. Look, you got some nice gifts. I wonder what the gift bag was. You probably got some headphones and nice and some nice gear and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: You got a little check, got a little check too, right, Yeah, huh.
Speaker 1: I guess they. I'm sure they do. I'm sure they got a little money. They probably get fit. They probably got a fousand dollars fifteen hundred. And you have the local barbers, the local barbers in Mississippi come cut the teams here and everything like that. That's what they normally do. Ojo. That's it. Yeah. I mean you can get your nice get your nice temper fade or whatever you want to do.
Speaker 2: You got I guess you got braids. They'll have people come braid your hair. But this, come on, man, and I listen. I'm not saying that couldn't happen to a Power five team. I'm not saying I guess the Power four is not. But anyway, I'm not saying that that can't happen. But when you look at but look at the Power five and people, I know everybody's gonna say, well, look what Georgia did.
Speaker 1: The TCU. TCU kicked Michigan ass to get there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if Taulane had to beat Alabama or Vanderbilt or Texas or Texas Tech, you know somebody, Ohio State, sign.
Speaker 1: Me up, you got your boy?
Speaker 3: It may it makes sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, you can't be beating the teams like that. Man.
Speaker 2: But uh, and that's the thing I'm it'd be interesting to see. I didn't I didn't hear it because well, coach Sable was on it. They had been interested. What did coach Saban have to say? Did you hear what he had to say, oh, Joe, because I'm sure he was, because he wasn't. He wasn't too pleased to begin with. He's like, because the level of competition that you played and to get this invite, I think he compared I think I read he compared it to a minor league team, a Triple A team winning a bunch of games and getting the opportunity to play for the World Series, getting the opportunity to go to the playoffs.
Speaker 1: And you know, the big guy.
Speaker 3: That makes sense.
Speaker 2: But weight classes, there's a reason why we have all these things. There's a difference, and just because you're good, that doesn't mean you're the best at it. So oh man, they're eleven and two, okay. And in regardless, you think that you think Tulane is better than than than Vanderbilt, you think you think Delane is better than Tennessee Texas.
Speaker 3: No, absolutely no, Listen, there's a reason they have way classes. Like you said, also, in college football, there's there's levels, there's levels. There's levels to it, and you see the discrepancy and the difference in levels when you have some of the smaller schools playing some of the bigger schools regards to what your record shows the play is different, the skill gap is different, the quality of players you get is different.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it showed there's a reason why the SEC and the Big Ten put more players in the NFL than any other conference.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a reason why. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: If you just take the Big.
Speaker 2: Ten and you take the SCC, and you take all the other conferences, you take the ACC, you take the Big Twelve, you take the Sunbelt, you take the A, A, C, you take whatever, they still don't because when you look at it, I mean they putting forty guys. They're putting forty guys, the instance putting forty guys, the big team putting thirty five forty guys.
Speaker 3: That's crazy a year. Come on, man, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: In Texas, I'm sure Sark is like, man, these jokers got an opportunity to get their ass kicked. Texas was playing good at the right time, Vanderbilt playing good at.
Speaker 1: The right time. Time.
Speaker 3: Timing is everything.
Speaker 2: Oregon Blast James madisonbody scored fifty one to thirty four. James Madison Duke's making their playoff debut, played well, played well on offense the game five hundred nine yards and scored thirty four points despite leaving a couple of points on the board.
Speaker 1: This game wasn't even close.
Speaker 3: No, not at all. And listen, don't don't don't let the end the end game or the end score for you now was.
Speaker 2: Thirty four to six at the half yep I said that, like, well, how much more of this game do I need to watch? They talking about? Man, go watch go go watch the Bears, Packers, Lebrono, the Laker game by the cop right, I mean, at.
Speaker 1: One point, wasn't it forty eight?
Speaker 2: It was forty eight to something, forty eight though twenty three, forty eight to twenty something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was bad. It was bad. I mean, there's no there's no way, there's no way that James Madison, they don't they don't. They ain't got enough rocks in their back pocket. Even even heat with organ on. It's not even fair. But one, as you know, games have won and lost right up front. Yeah, that alone right there. You don't have a chance. You don't have a chance. That's that's all that was was a tune up game. You know, I box boxes have two enough fights and most of the time you have a tune up fight. Is somebody that they know you are better than and all you're doing, you're trying, You're just working on your stuff.
Speaker 1: That's all.
Speaker 3: That's all it was.
Speaker 2: I mean you look at that, what fifty one to thirty five? So people look at that like man, and they had five hundred yards of offense. Man, I think so out today's like, look, let's not get anybody hurt, right, got we got a game next week or in two weeks or.
Speaker 1: Whenever they play. But it's a I don't know.
Speaker 2: Committee, y'all gott to rethink how y'all do things. And I understand, take the twelve best teams. Take the twelve best teams, not necessarily twelve highest ranked team you think so, committee, can you honestly say that James Madison and Tulane are better, are better than Texas Vanderbilt and know to Dame, I ain't got no love lost for no today?
Speaker 1: Do it?
Speaker 2: Do you actually believe that James Madison and Tulane are better than the three teams I just mentioned?
Speaker 3: No, absolutely not. And the people that the people that are part of the committee, they know that. But the criteria that they judge on that they base everything off of on who gets in and who doesn't. I mean the criterias was messed up because the ain't no where in hell, ain't nowhere in hell. James Madison, organ like, come on now, come on now, old Lane, I mean Tulane, old, come on now. You had better team that could have been in regards to what it regards to whether they had two or three losses or not. You know, that would have given us better games to watch. It would have been better competition.
Speaker 2: And Texas is a bigger draw than James Madison or Tulane Van the Bilt would have been bigger. A draw not to Dame would have been a bigger draw. Because you said it's about money.
Speaker 1: This is this was this was. They missed on this, Joe, Yeah, they did. They missed on this one. They definitely need to do a better job because this was a oh my goodness. I don't really know what to say. I mean, oh, Joe, I can't, I can't.
Speaker 2: I mean, how many people do you think turn the game at halftime thirty four to six? What about watching?
Speaker 1: What about?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: What do I hope this is gonna happen?
Speaker 3: I mean, people, man, that this the only people that are watching.
Speaker 1: Honestly, Yeah, they put them there's a reason why ESPN passed those games of T and T.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's a good one.
Speaker 1: It ain't no accident. It is not an accident. It's I don't know, chat, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry guys that you had to watch James Madison and and congratulations to those schools. Hey, it's a hell of an accomplishment. It's a hell of an accomplishment. But it's just like, Oh Joe, with the HBC used and you win your tournament and you get guess who they give you. They give you Duke digging your North Carolina, they give you Kansas, they give you Kentucky.
Speaker 3: Mm hm, hey bet it, bet it. Better put your big boy bridges on. That's goodball, Oh Joe.
Speaker 1: Adam Schefter just giving us an update on T J.
Speaker 2: Watt After missing two games due to a partially collapsed lung, wats return to play remains murky and uncertain. Wat's focus has been getting on getting healthy from his partially collapsed lung returning to play as secondary and he's not, and that's not been its focus. Darkness will assess how he feels next to see if there's even a chance to play in week seventeen, but ideally what gets more time to recover from his lung injury that resulted in him being ruled out Sunday game versus Detroit. Pittsburgh has got their fingers cross saying I hope he don't see.
Speaker 3: Us, and knowing knowing him, I don't really see.
Speaker 2: Plus they got they gave him money. They ga him a hundred and what one hundred and eight hundred and nine million dollars fully guaranteed.
Speaker 1: He's straight good.
Speaker 3: He's good because it's.
Speaker 1: The same thing that happened to remember Taylor the Chargers.
Speaker 2: The Chargers had some some rib issues in the preseason. He got it, got a thing and jack Dad and they approached his lung. He sued him. If I'm not mistaking, I think he won. Don't quote well that I believe it is by what I've read that you know he had he did file a suit. Can we look that up to make sure, because I did think he filed a suit.
Speaker 3: Hey, just a just thinking about that needle going through the skin now, that don't bother me. That don't bother me at all. Because I had to get shot up at halftime because I was cramping in my calf. The only thing that bothers me and is cringey. Is the fact that them going in the ribs and then actually puncturing the lung. That's the part that doesn't sit well with me. Cause you got you uncle, what you say when you do dry kneedling, they got to move it around.
Speaker 2: What dry kneeling is that they're trying to you know, they're trying to get blood flow in there. And then you know it's kind of like, I mean, you see you seen James Harrison get all those acupunctures where he's looking like pin head, He's got his whole back, his legs, ass, calves everything.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't know. I wasn't no, I wasn't no big fan of acupuncture. I did it one time.
Speaker 2: Man, that thing hurt worse than the needles then getting injected. I was like, noah, no more of this for me. I'm good cuz is that bad for me?
Speaker 3: For me? Now?
Speaker 1: Some people say it didn't bother them, but and I was like I did. I like, I'm good, Yeah, I'm good.
Speaker 3: But I want to see what that's like.
Speaker 2: Uh. I think it's gonna be very hard. I think more probably more probable than not that all things being equal, o Joe. If the Pittsburgh Steelers make the playoffs, I think that's probably when we'll see JJ because that Lung's gonna have to inflate back up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just don't like the way that sound. Yeah, okay, okay, Hong shit long.
Speaker 2: So well, I guess they're saying that he got his salary. Yeah, so that's why you know it's going to trial. But he said, well, I had him sent this too. I could have I could have reached because that's when they had drafted Justin Herbert and he was gonna be the starter. But he gets hurt. Justin Herbert plays out of his mind's rookie of the Year because Herbert and and and Chase came in the same year. Yeah, so he's like, I could have played and potentially got more, uh as a starter somewhere else he should have suited for more.
Speaker 1: But hey, they'll figure it out.