Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess Rock, You're you're private l against the Seahawks, And I know it's obviously a team sport and stuff, but I mean, how much pride do you take in having beaten a division rival that well?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I mean they're they're a great organization, great team. I got really good players, and so it's never easy. I'll tell you that it's not. You know, I think we've had some success going against them, but it's it's always been a dog fight and it's never just been given to us or anything. So and we know that we feel like that's the case with you know, our whole division, especially this year. So great team, and there's never a moment where we walk into this game going you know, it's going to be given to us or anything. Like we know the history of the forty nine ers and the Seahawks and and you have to have the right mindset going into this game or else you know, you can get exposed.
Speaker 3: So, yeah, you're four.
Speaker 4: And oh this year, when you don't fumble the ball or throw an interception, I think you're sixteen and o's that you've been here in those situations when you hear those numbers, what's the first thing that comes to mind.
Speaker 2: I mean, it makes sense. You know, if you win the turnover battle, I forgot what the stat is, but it's you know, like it's almost an automatic win. And so for me, that's my job and I take pride in that and those games where you know, you know, turn the ball over anything like that, and you're protecting the team, you're protecting offense, and your defense can then go out and create turnovers and you can feed off each other. So like that that's a huge part of the game. And so it makes sense, and that's probably the case with a lot of teams around the league. You know, the quarterbacks that play smart and do their job and put up points without turning the ball over, you're gonna have a really really high chance of winning.
Speaker 3: So that's the goal. Every week a.
Speaker 5: New regime they brought in, you've played them one time and then you played the other regime before. Was it like preparing for an entirely new defense or is it was there some carryover?
Speaker 2: I mean it was the scheme was different, for sure, but like going against the players and stuff, we sort of knew how some guys were. But you know, in the NFL, man this game is a really big deal with you know, how they play certain coverages, leverages, you know, how they're you know, their run defenses and how they're filling in the gaps like all that stuff is slightly different. So that was, you know, a new challenge for us and in studying them and trying to scheme up them compared to the years past. But you know, going back and watching some stuff in Baltimore and stuff like sort of just trying.
Speaker 3: To put it all together.
Speaker 2: And then obviously all the games that they've played this year so far, we have some good tape on them and everything. So but it was a challenge, especially going on a Thursday night game. But you know, this time around, you know, hopefully we can you know, just build off of the game plan from last time and and have a feel for him. But I mean it's our second time going against some in this scheme, so you know, it's still a challenge for us.
Speaker 3: As always, the red zone.
Speaker 6: Production hasn't been where you want to, but Georgia has kind of been a constant for you this year, and even when you took over, he scored a lot more touchdowns than he did previously. How were you, guys able to kind of develop that you know, connection that you have and where is your trust level in terms of you know, George specifically.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think, uh, you know, when you go down there, man, just the tight end, his frame and everything, and how explosive he is his hands. You know, he's a he's a really good matchup against guys down there, especially when it's you know, tighter and in the red zone.
Speaker 3: You don't have a lot of room for air or anything.
Speaker 2: And so when you have a guy that is a good mismatch as a quarterback, it makes you comfortable and like knowing that, right I have an outlet with you know, Kittle, And so it's been you know, really just going through my progressions and trusting in Kyle and trying to get George in the right matchups and and getting them the ball and giving him an opportunity. He's come down with some crazy catches and and so for me it's it's almost like, you know, I have my my tight end, has my checkdown down there, you know, knowing that George is gonna find a way and and give me a chance. And so it's obviously really nice and hopefully we can continue our connection and growth together.
Speaker 6: You see toe taps. A lot of receivers you don't necessarily see tight ends. How unusual is it to have somebody who is making clays like that in those situations?
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, for a tight end for how you know, big he is and the run blocking and all the stuff you have to do as a gritty tight end to then go and toe tap you know, on the sidelines and jump up and make acrobatic catches and stuff like that's unheard of, dude, And uh, you know he does that on a weekly basis, it seems like. And so you know, George is a future Hall of Famer man. So I'm very thankful to be playing with him. And and you know, like I said, I hope I can continue to feed him and and and continue to grow together.
Speaker 7: Change your wow.
Speaker 3: Silly?
Speaker 7: He is silly, right, There has to be.
Speaker 4: A serious side.
Speaker 6: What have you learn from him? Whether it's just the business of the NFL or.
Speaker 4: You know, just the wisdom he's been able to partant to you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean he's uh, he's done a lot sort of just taking me under his wing, be like a you know, older brother, and just sort of give me the the layout of everything of of what this business is and what it looks like, and obviously how to treat people, what to do, what not to do off the field stuff and how to handle just the spotlight and everything and what he does that helps him, you know, center back in to what matters most with his family, friends and football. Like, he's given me some really good advice and continues to It's not it wasn't just a one time thing when I was a rookie. Like, he continues to do that, and I'm very appreciative of that. And and you know, obviously he's got the fun, you know, charismatic you know personality.
Speaker 3: Which we all love.
Speaker 2: But he also knows what it takes to be great at this level and he does what's best for obviously the team and himself and his family. And so I respect you know, how he goes about what he does. You know, obviously the treatment on his body, studying, performing all of it.
Speaker 3: Man, you see it.
Speaker 2: And so I'm extremely blessed to you know, be a teammate of his and for him to you know, teach me the ropes.
Speaker 6: Back at practice now for a second week.
Speaker 8: Do you see a difference in what it does for everybody else?
Speaker 4: Does it elevate everybody else.
Speaker 6: What does that bring just to every practice day?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean he goes hard, you know, every rep, does everything right. You know, he doesn't mess up or anything. And so when we see, you know, the standard that he's playing at for all of us, we're like, all right, man, Like, you know, Christian's back and we just got to do our job really well.
Speaker 3: And when we get.
Speaker 2: Him the ball, let's you know, make sure the block blocking is right for me. It's how can I give him? Give him a accurate ball and transition so that he can get the most yak as possible. Is it's like all those little things that you sort of start to see everybody elevate their game with. And so it's crazy what uh, you know, when a person comes back like of his caliber, what it does to our team man, and and and everybody elevating their game. So obviously, Exhume, we happy to have him back for everything that he does for us. But more than anything, we've got so much respect for you know, how he goes about his business and being such a great teammate that he is.
Speaker 4: When you and your wives and George went on a vacation during the bye week, did was there any football? Did you guys throw by patterns or or talk ball or did you kind of agree ahead of time we're gonna we're not doing that.
Speaker 2: We both brought a football, like without telling each other. He was like, I brought a football, and I was like, so did I and so just in case, but we flew in together.
Speaker 3: We golfed together one day. But outside of that, we were.
Speaker 2: You know, just a way away just with our wives on our own and and just getting away from football. But you know, we obviously just brought a football to to hold in touch and not forget what it feels like.
Speaker 3: But uh, that that was about it. We didn't throw or anything, so we got away.
Speaker 8: Chemistry with Christian McCaffrey. That throw to the right sideline that you kind of arped over, he said that it was you know, it was halfway there before he looked when he looked back to catch it. Is it just your trust in him that you've already had built up from the past that you knew he was going to be there.
Speaker 3: For sure?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean we've ran that route, you know, so many times from camp to games in the past, and obviously it just goes to you know, a testament to you know, his detail, Like I know where he's going to be because every time he runs that practice on air against a defender, like he just he gives me an indicator like there's like subtle movements because he does it constantly. And so for me in that moment, it was just all about trust because I knew where he was supposed to be and how he runs the route, and you know, that's the kind of guy he is. So he's he you know, has set those kinds of plays up for me. So if it is off schedule or anything, I know where he's supposed to be. And so that's just the chemistry and trust that we've built, and you know, hopefully we can continue to have that going forward.
Speaker 1: Last week because he obviously hasn't practiced much in the last couple of months.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'd we'd ran it last week at practice, but going back to you know, watching last year and then the reps that he did have at camp early on, like uh, those were all those are all.
Speaker 3: Reps that we've gotten together.
Speaker 2: So once he came back, we're like, all right, this plays back up and we're like all right, sweet.
Speaker 7: So a little bit at his faith and like how certain things have happened to him since the shooting or with the shooting that like he just doesn't think our coincidences.
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 7: Does he talk to you about that at all or if not, Like, do you like kind of feel the same way when you look at his story.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's talked about it to me, and I totally agree with him, man, And obviously I'm a believer in God, and and uh, you know, to see him go through that and then to get back and just the story that he has, like I'm not like, there's no way that's just a coincidence. Like that's just my firm belief. And I know he's told me that, and he told all the guys that, and to see him back playing and in his story, man, it's it's something bigger than football. It's bigger than you know, what we're doing here right now. It's it's way bigger than that. We're still sort of trying to figure it out and we'll see what happens with it all. But uh, yeah, if you ask us if it was God, so thank God