Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: I'm strong and Jetty and he Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 3: It's a really sad thing. But actually about eighty five to ninety percent of psychologists identify as.
Speaker 2: Left of center.
Speaker 3: And so when we pair that with knowledge that, for example, there's a study out of Rutgers showing that over half of people who identify as left of center felt it was somewhat justified potentially to murder President Trump. So I think that my own field psychology has a real blind spot to this assassination culture.
Speaker 2: That's interesting.
Speaker 1: We've talked about the polling that shows way too many people are comfortable with political violence now.
Speaker 2: As a way to get what you want.
Speaker 1: And you got the Luigiani story with murdering the United Healthcare guy and people that are okay with that. But but Luigiani, how you say his name? I forgot No, you're you're you're, that's a portmanteau. You're giving them a single name like benefit. Stop doing that, Luigi Menngioni. And actually I was going to vote for replaying some of those unhinged CNN clips with the Taylor Lorenz but we can get that in a minute. But he seems pretty crazy, Luigi seems pretty crazy. And and so we're about to tell you about the guy who set Governor Shapiro's governor mansion on fire in Pennsylvania.
Speaker 2: All these people are crazy. So I don't.
Speaker 1: Understand how that fits in with our acceptance of political viole. I mean, do crazy people pick up in the wind different differing attitudes towards political violence or what have I think the way they relate to their overton window, which is essentially just the list of things you could do, is different than a sane person. But crazy, obviously is a really imprecise term.
Speaker 2: You can have somebody that's profoundly psychotic.
Speaker 1: You can have somebody who's just stupid and alienated, alienated and neurotic.
Speaker 2: I mean, like the kid who took chunk of Trump's ear.
Speaker 1: I mean he wasn't like seriously mentally ill, he was just really odd.
Speaker 2: Okay, this guy.
Speaker 1: Balmer, he's the guy that if he didn't hear this over the weekend, it was Saturday night. He got onto the property where Governor Shapiro lives in Pennsylvania, to the Governor's mansion, got in there, got to the house, had a hammer, smashed the windows open, threw in Molotov cocktails, and started one.
Speaker 2: Heck of a fire.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you've seen the damage that was done, but I mean it caught things on fire for real, and I mean Balmer, in an interview with the police have been caught afterwards, admitted to harboring hatred of Governor Shapiro and said that he would have beaten him with his hammer had he run into him that night at the mansion. According to an affidated file in the case, Balmer's social media suggested not a particular ideology so much as deep cynicism, in some posts espousing a libertarian bent bordering on anarchism, and others praising violence. His Facebook posts included rants about big pharma, women, and the government, while several posts slammed former President Biden. There was little sign of any loyalty to any party. Of course, they say that when he's you know, as we all know, the mainstream media adjusts their sales on these things depending on who.
Speaker 2: They're mad at.
Speaker 1: But sure, anyway, this guy didn't have a particular ideology. It seems pretty clear outside of sociomyture of him. Yes, his ideology is lunatic. Outside of social media, mister Balmer's life appeared to have been unraveling in recent days. A man who picked up the phone at Balmer's parents' home on Monday said that we tried.
Speaker 2: This is troubling.
Speaker 1: We tried to get him help and he wouldn't take his medicine, said probably dad, and refused to answer any more questions.
Speaker 2: Excuse me, I'm dying from an unknown ailment. So.
Speaker 1: Mister Balmer's mother told CBS News that her son was mentally ill and that she had reached out to local police departments last week to have him picked up, but couldn't get anybody to help. The district attorney said the police officers had gone to the parents home on Thursday, more than two days before the attack, but they'd left without taking any action. He didn't make any threats, he wasn't violent or expressing any violent intention, so there's nothing they could really do.
Speaker 2: He's an adult.
Speaker 1: This is a serious problem We've got everywhere in the country with these school shooters, political assassins.
Speaker 2: Whoever.
Speaker 1: You talked to their friends and parents, they say, yeah, he's crazy. We knew he was crazy. We've been trying to get somebody to block him up, but we can't get anybody to lock him up because they haven't done anything yet.
Speaker 2: This happens over and over and over again. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I would love to see our best and brightest get together and have a you know, a week long confab where they come up with, okay, the idea that you can just be loose until you murder somebody or come close. He had bets not acceptable. He had beaten his wife and kid, both kids, so he's violent. She went after him. But you know, you don't go to prison for the rest of your life for that sort of thing. But if I can finish my thought, we agree that waiting until somebody has been killed is not a very good standard.
Speaker 2: Can we come up with a standard short of.
Speaker 1: That, that somebody's so plainly fruit loops and clearly, according to any but a reasonable observer, dangerous, that we intercede before the.
Speaker 2: Blood is spilled? How can we not do that as a society? How awful is that? As a parent?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: It's heartbreaking.
Speaker 1: And they were calling the police last week, So I mean he went off the rails, like right, before Saturday night when he actually tried to kill the governor.
Speaker 2: There were twenty five people in that place. By the way, that could have been an awful situation. Obviously.
Speaker 1: How many children, Yeah, last week or several children, siblings and parents were calling the police saying.
Speaker 2: You gotta lock this guy up. He's nuts. Yeah, get him out. But there's nothing you can do.
Speaker 1: The police in, the police go there, they interview him. He didn't make any threats, So what are you gonna do? And obviously, as civil libertarians, we all understand the downside of moving the line. The other direction is that if you're a vengeful ex husband, you can just call police saying, my wife's saying crazy things.
Speaker 2: Lock her up. She gets locked up, you say, because that needs to happened.
Speaker 1: Back in the day, Yeah, there was especially a presumption of nuttiness toward females.
Speaker 2: But make your own jokes at home if you like. But surely we.
Speaker 1: Can design a system that's got a fail safe for two so that can't happen.
Speaker 2: It's again, this is not insurmountable.
Speaker 1: So that's one aspect of this which I find interesting that almost all the time, the people that knew them best knew this was gonna happen.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The other part is a person's crazy. So is the.
Speaker 1: You know, over the top rhetoric from our house members or the news channels or whatever.
Speaker 2: Is this causing this when the people are nuts? I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe again I don't I couldn't explain how Again, the overton window of a crazy person is different from that of a sane person or somebody who's just at their wits end and loses their temper and loses perspective temporarily. I don't know, but it would seem there are ebbs and flows to political.
Speaker 2: Violence in US history. Definitely, that's undeniable.
Speaker 1: And the crazy and the saying seemed to take part in it during the periods of time when there's a lot of it, most notably, you know, in our lifetimes the early seventies when there were what something like two hundred bombings in the US by mostly far left groups in the early seventies, weather underground at all. So yeah, it's just I don't know exactly how it works, but it's undeniable.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 1: But like, was this guy if Marjorie Taylor Green and AOC tempered their rhetoric, would that have made any difference to this guy or the guy who shot Trumper. I just don't know, different answers for different people. Yeah, hey, run eighty two. This is embarrassment to journalism. Donnie O'Sullivan on embarrassment to journalism, CNN with embarrassment to journalism.
Speaker 2: Taylor Lorenz, who was the it girl.
Speaker 1: At the New York Times in Washington Post for quite some time eighty two.
Speaker 4: The women who got her outside coorsh in New York.
Speaker 5: So you're gonna see women especially that feel like, oh my god, right, Like, here's this man who who's revolutionary, who's famous, who's handsome, who's young, who's smart. He's a person that seems this like this morally good man, which is hard to find.
Speaker 1: He murdered a young dad in gold Blood, but he's a morally good man. Agree and chuckle Taylor Lorenz and Donnio Sullivan on CNN. Now granted they're not, they don't have huge influence in America anymore. But their comfort expressing that point of view that somebody you committed a heinous act of political violence against somebody who had not wronged them directly at all, well, Taylor Lorenz and Donnie Sullivan not at all. But Luigi Mangioni, I mean, he didn't deal with United Healthcare at all, He had no relationship with him. He just thought, all right, healthcare insurance in general is evil. I'm gonna gun down a young dad on the streets of Manhattan, and they're chuckling about it and loving it and explaining how he's a revolutionary. He's young, smart, he's a morally good man, which is hard to find. That sort of tolerance of horrifying political violence seeps into brains both sane and insane. It has to, but it shouldn't have anything to do with your political view either. If somebody gunned down Randy Weingarten today, I would think that was awful. Yeah, she's the one that locked up your kids in school for two years because she's.
Speaker 2: An evil human being.
Speaker 1: But you can't be going around shooting people to solve things. You need to vote and organize, and you know, we have a system for this, right or it all falls It all falls apart immediately when we use violence to solve things. Yeah, absolutely true. God, that is horrifying. That aired on CNN. It did, and there's quite a bit to it, and good solid learned commentators have joined us in saying that is one of the most sickening spectacles they'd ever seen.
Speaker 2: It really is.
Speaker 1: Holding him up is not only like cool, but like you can't find guys like this again where you know, don't you wish all more guys were like this cute and morally brave mars to shoot a guy in the back who's walking to work. And let's go ahead and play clip number eighty, in which Taylor Lorenz expresses, just just open contempt for anybody who's concerned about this.
Speaker 5: Hilarious to see these millionaire media pundits on TV clutching their pearls about someone standing a murderer when this is this is the United States of America. As if we don't lionize criminals, as if we don't have you know, we don't stan murderers of all sorts, and we give them Netflix shows. There's a huge disconnect between the narratives and angles those are of mainstream media pushes and what the American public feels. And you see that in moments like this.
Speaker 1: Lots of men hold women down and forcibly rape them. The question isn't whether it happens or how much it happens, Taylor. The question is it morally repugnant or not? And the answer is, in both of these cases, it's horrific. It's repugnant millionaire pundits clutching their pearls.
Speaker 2: She's a despicable human where she is? Oh my god, man.
Speaker 1: It it one thing we've learned in the last couple of years that I never understood my whole life.
Speaker 2: I didn't understand how.
Speaker 1: The French Revolution could happen, how the Soviet Union could happen, how lots of things could.
Speaker 2: Happen over time. And I now understand.
Speaker 1: Because there are whotudes, slaughter institute, seasoned vice versa.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: I never understood how those things could happen, and now I fully get it. People can justify anything. Uh troubling. What do you think about that? Text line four one, five, two nine five kftc.
Speaker 2: Arm Straw and.
Speaker 6: Getty Star studied all female Blue Origin flight grew, including Katie Perry and Gail King lasting off headed to the edge of space.
Speaker 2: Oh for crying at lift off? How would you describe it? It's very difficult because you're you're floating.
Speaker 7: But the best part was when we got back in our seats after zero G's Katie sang, what a wonderful world?
Speaker 2: She did that nice? She said, what a wonderful I see dreams? Oh, yes, yes, yes, oh. Because we've been asking her.
Speaker 7: To sing all the time and she wouldn't and she wouldn't. And then because everybody said sing roars, sing fire, and she said.
Speaker 2: It's not about me. I wanted to talk about the world. Wow, you know, is that nice? You got to ask her about that?
Speaker 1: And now the stoned girl you wish you hadn't started talking to at a party.
Speaker 2: You are officially an astra or not? How do you feel? I still can't accept that word.
Speaker 6: I just feel a renewed connection to everything in life and where we are, and I can't wait to go back out there.
Speaker 1: It is the highest high, and it is surrender to the unknown.
Speaker 2: Trust God. We have played these that first clip about the Katy Perry saying what a wonderful world? Oh my god, she did.
Speaker 1: We've played this like fifteen times and we're all still rolling our eyes and shaking our heads.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, she did?
Speaker 4: Did you cry?
Speaker 2: Yes? It must be.
Speaker 1: Would it be more enjoyable to go through life like that or less? But you're you're you're more easily awe stricken than I am.
Speaker 4: I feel like more people would be funny, people would be put off by you, right if you're constantly awe stricken.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Oh my god, that's awesome. It's the highest tie.
Speaker 1: It's the rendered to the unknown. Susie Weiss writes for The Free Press.
Speaker 2: I love this.
Speaker 1: If you don't know what a bachelorette party is like, let me tell you. It's like being vacuum sealed in a tin can with a bunch of girls you don't know that well, that well, but with whom you have to pretend to have a life changing experience for the sake of the bride, who invited everyone and.
Speaker 2: Who has a vision.
Speaker 1: What happened on this this morning's historic American space flight.
Speaker 4: H Truer words have never been written.
Speaker 2: Really, Katie, that's interesting.
Speaker 1: I never thought about the bachelorette party where there's like it's got to be like a life changing experience, especially.
Speaker 4: When it's like a group of friends and you're not part of that group and you have to go in and it's all ah.
Speaker 2: Going.
Speaker 1: The tagline of the trip was taking up space, and the whole thing smelled of a hen party, down to the custom flight patch and matching outfits. The women all wore figure hugging blue bell bottom Flight who is custom made by the brand Moms and delivered on Perry's promise Katie Perry that the six lady crew would put.
Speaker 2: The ass in an astronaut. Well, I had no problem with that. That part I approved of. Let's see.
Speaker 1: A few days ago, Perry told the AP she was doing this to inspire the next generation. But watching all the coverage, it seems like this flight was more like the most publicized and most expensive bachelorette party ever, rather than a generational watershed.
Speaker 2: It's hard to know where to start.
Speaker 1: Sometime in the days before the flight, the women were recorded standing with their arms around each other, looking up at the dock rocket, telling it we love you and bring us back safe, as though they were talking to an uber driver charged with getting them to and from a club in Las Vegas. Harry also inexplicably told the rocket, thank you for helping us heal my God, and then she mentions she talks about some of them ringing the bell, which is a tradition. There are always two kinds of women at a bachelorette party one usually the having the absolute time of her life and the older girl, maybe a cousin or future sister in law, who is an abject hell, questioning why she even said yes in the first place.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and getty, complete and utter joy and gratefulness. You can hear no dream is too wild.
Speaker 5: The moon was so beautiful, and that was like, I felt like that was a special gift.
Speaker 1: Just for me.
Speaker 7: You can't go through what we went through to look out for each other, to help each other.
Speaker 2: And not be changed by that. I will never be the same. This experience is right second to being a mom.
Speaker 1: You can't go through what we went through together, the way we had to help each other and be there for each other without being.
Speaker 2: What did you do at all?
Speaker 1: You walked into a room, basically you sat down. They buckled your belts, They shot up, and he came back down.
Speaker 2: What the hell are you talking about? I've got to admit you're not we few?
Speaker 1: We happy few. I mean, come on, yeah, exactly. It did not go to the moon on top of a tin can. Nobody would. I was sure would work. So I've got to admit I so misread this. I was just rolling my eyes at this entire thing and paid no attention to it, not realizing the enormous comedic potential that it would you know, well, never mind potential, the yield from this mission, this ship of fools, if you will. So I was we were quoting Susie Weiss earlier, who writes for the Free Press, and it's just hilarious.
Speaker 2: I so want to hang out with her.
Speaker 1: But so she's relating it to like the bachelorette party from Hell, and how all the dynamics are exactly the same. If you missed last segment, I suggest strongly you get it via the podcast Armstrong, you Getty on demand, But she says, and I missed all of this. When the group got up to space and started floating, everyone's perfectly coft hair flying everywhere. The group huddled to chant take up space, and then like when your pregate, when you pregram, when you pregame too hard before hitting a bar, they all split up to do their own thing.
Speaker 2: This is so freaking good, Katy Perry, too hard.
Speaker 1: Katie Perry held a daisy her daughter is named Daisy, for the camera and teared up. She also revealed a set list for her upcoming Lifetime's tour on a cardboard butterfly before letting it float away. Oh my god, you did the thing with your daughter and then publicized your tour in the same breath.
Speaker 2: Whoa boy? You held a daisy for your daughter named Daisy.
Speaker 1: I'm just I'm having trouble connecting dots here and then I taking the spaceship in your how does this fit together? Elsewhere in the pod, Lauren Sanchez held up a plushy of Flynn, the dyslexic fly character from her children's book The Fly Who Flew to Space, and like a drunk person, kissed it and said, proud of you, Flynn, look a droppers. Proud of you, Flynn, because you're on a space tourist flight that some of these people paid for. By the way, Katy Perry was a freebie, but anyway. Bo held up an embroidered patch that said Bahamas with the Bahamian flag, while nun Shot gave a shout out to Vietnam. Apparently at one point, Katy Perry sang, what a wonderful world, which isn't my choice for karaoki, but a solid one nonetheless, Like the Maid of Honor who takes her job very seriously.
Speaker 2: Perry never sat still.
Speaker 1: In another shot, she was upside down making a shape of a heart with her hands. Then, like any group of girls who knows their horoscopes, someone screams.
Speaker 2: Out look at the moon.
Speaker 1: These spacecraft's descent had the same audio footprint cackling, screaming, whooping as one of those eighteen person party bikes that you see bachelorettes drinking on all over Nashville when they got out of the When they got out of the vehicle back on Earth, like any exhausted bridal party member, landing at LaGuardia at two am Monday morning, it was as though they'd spent years up there. Perry and King each kissed the air at ground once they disembarked the pod, with King exclaiming thank you Jesus. Sanchez and Nuen both sobbed. And I must point out that Bezos, the eager groom, fell on his face as he maneuvered to free his bride.
Speaker 2: Yeah he fell down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the whole kissing the ground after you get back eight minutes later, what the hell is that?
Speaker 2: There's just a little more.
Speaker 1: In the postgame interview, Perry said the experience in space was up there with meditation or the Hoffman process, whatever that is. We're all looking around and saying, what that's the uber expensive retreat where celebrities go to meditate and exercise childhood traumas because quote, you're like really finding the love for yourself, because you got to trust in yourself. That's a quote from Katy Perry that she felt connected to, quote the divine feminine. The purpose of the trip wasn't to bring back any moon rocks or calculate the astronomical unit between stars. The point was just to be literally to take up space up near the edge of Earth.
Speaker 2: Much like The Bachelorette.
Speaker 1: The concept was to look good, have a great time, and do a lot of screaming and honestly, mission accomplished.
Speaker 2: Now come the instagrams.
Speaker 1: If you have a face full of makeup, had your hair done, and schlept to West Texas for your friends to blast through the sound barrier, you might as well get some likes out of it and sounding for all the world like someone who narrowly survived Atlantic City and who has a rehearsal dinner to plan. Sanchez told the on site Blue Origin interviewer, quote, I had to come back. I mean, we're getting married. Oh wow, that was women really delicious. Hilarity in this is is well delicious. That is really brilliant to compare that to a bachelorette party, because it's it is spot on, it is it is absolutely the same vibe. I can't wait to send this to both my daughta from another mother, Katie, and my actual youngest daughter, who has been party to many of these exhausting spectacles and testaments to how much you love the bride.
Speaker 2: I'm glad some she truly does. Yeah, I'm glad that Katie's here.
Speaker 1: You know, so we got a woman who's mocking this and not just a couple of dudes, because.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean you can. You can love the bride and the bachelorette party can still be hell on earth.
Speaker 1: It's just you know, well, the thing I used to I worked at a bar for many many years, a big country bar, like dance club sort of bar, really big, and I would see this every Friday and Saturday night. So there'd be the couple of chicks that got there at like nine and then they're one of their friends from work would walk in it like fifteen, and they would all go and run over and hug each other, and I would think, I mean a lot of times I knew these people and I thought, you just you just.
Speaker 2: Left work at five o'clock.
Speaker 1: I mean like four hours ago, you worked all day today, and you are you seeing each other a few hours later at the bar and you're acting like you haven't seen each other in two years?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, what is that?
Speaker 1: And they would do it every Friday and Saturday night, and I've never quite understood.
Speaker 2: And they run them and they hug each other.
Speaker 1: I can't believe you're here, even though we said when we left work four hours ago, see at the bar later. I mean, I just I don't so I don't understand that whole thing. And then you saw the womanhood, yes, right, you saw that whole thing on display kind of with the rocket yesterday.
Speaker 2: It was basically the same thing. Told me, God, I can't believe you're here. Yeah, we trained for this, for.
Speaker 4: What are you doing here?
Speaker 2: Exactly? Oh?
Speaker 1: And it has to be so magical important and oh you can't just say, hey, that was really fun, that's great, views amazing.
Speaker 2: No, it's got to be transcendent.
Speaker 4: Well, I have a couple of I have a couple of friends that do that every time they see friends, and nothing makes you want to turn around and just walk out.
Speaker 1: You're either that kind of person you're not, And I have no I personally have known preeople that do that, and they're very nice people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's very sweet, but boy, I just don't get it.
Speaker 1: So I didn't realize this till you mentioned it, Joe. So the space tourism you can pay to do that thing has begun.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, what does it cost currently? Do you know? Oh gosh, I don't remember. I remember when it was like six figures.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Yeah, it's five six figures, fifty grand, one hundred grand something like that.
Speaker 2: I don't know what price.
Speaker 1: What would it have to get down to where you would even consider it, because I I wouldn't pay, And I don't even mean from a whether you can afford it or not.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's worth ten thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: I think for ten thousand dollars, I could take a better vacation that ought to have better memories of them doing that personally. Uh yeah, yeah, I haven't really thought about it.
Speaker 2: It would be pretty amazing, I think, but pretty I don't think.
Speaker 1: It would like I would change my view of all humanity and what love means the way some of these people seem.
Speaker 2: To claim it.
Speaker 1: And I feel like I already have an appreciation for the fact that when you look at the planet, you think, all right, the disputes of the people in that tiny corner and those people right next to them are stupid, and they ought to drop it and figure out a way not to slaughter each other's children.
Speaker 2: I already think that. Actually.
Speaker 1: The one that made the most sense to me was William Shatner when he went up last year sometime and he was talking about everything being dead in space. There's just life is here on Earth. This is where all the life is happening in love and everything like that. Everything outside of here is dead. It's just a barren rock, which is kind of interesting. Well, and I think it would be actually a transcendent experience if you got up high enough, and I'm not sure, I mean, they could absolutely see the curvature of the Earth and comprehend that it is indeed a sphere.
Speaker 2: Roughly. I think that.
Speaker 1: Would be really really cool and interesting. But again, I already know what I've seen the pictures. Yeah, I've seen really good pictures like in a I've seen them in the sphere in Las Vegas, surrounded by four k I mean, so.
Speaker 2: How much better would it be than that?
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm not trying to be too cynical, but no, I just find it hard to believe.
Speaker 2: I'd come back and say, I now understand what love means.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I would enjoy the feeling of weightlessness. I would love that that I would like to experience. How long do they get to do it? Like a minute? I've wanted to do that since I was little kid. Get to float around like an astronaut. I think that would be That'd be the most amazing.
Speaker 2: Part to me to ever get to do that. You know what the best part would be?
Speaker 1: You know that my little yellow pad that I have in the bathroom where I write down my weight every day. That day I would write down to zero, and the next day I'd go back to whatever happens to be. Yes, briefly today, I wait nothing. Then I had a bad day. I had more, but I knew I shouldn't have that last piece of pizza, and I gained one hundred and ninety eight pounds of.
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll finish strong.
Speaker 6: Next, in a new interview, Rosie O'Donnell revealed her friendship with Lyle Menendez, saying that he made her feel quote safe enough to trust and love a straight man. Upon hearing this, Menendez came out as gay and returned to his prison cell.
Speaker 1: It's tax day, and I have a feeling many of you have heard this before.
Speaker 2: I hadn't. Somehow, it's pretty good.
Speaker 1: It's a letter Donald Rumsfeld sent to the IRS back in twenty fourteen on tax Day. Donald Rumsfeld, who was the oldest Secretary of Defense we've ever had and the youngest Secretary of Defense we've ever had under Ford and Bush.
Speaker 2: You might remember him from the.
Speaker 1: Go for anyway, he and his wife sent this letter to the IRS in twenty fourteen. Dear Sir Madam, I have sent in our federal income tax as in prioris. Is important for you to know that I have absolutely no idea whether our tax returns and our tax payments are accurate. I say this despite the fact that I am a college graduate and I try hard to make sure our tax returns are accurate. The tax code is so complex and the forms are so complicated that I know I cannot have any confidence that I know what is being requested, and therefore I cannot and do not know. And I suspect a great many Americans cannot know whether or not their tax returns are accurate. As in past year, as I have spent more money than and I wanted to spend to hire an accounting firm to prepare our tax returns, and believe they are well qualified. This note is to alert you that I know that I do not know whether or not my tax returns are accurate. Which is a sad commentary on governance in our nation's capital, and it goes on. It's in other words, it is yes, how does the end? He says, I do hope that at some point in my lifetime, and I am now in my eighties, so there are not many years left, the US government will simplify the US tax code so that those citizens who sincerely want to pay what they should are able to do it right and know they have done it right. I should add that my wife of fifty nine years, also a college graduate, has signed our joint return, but she also knows that this does not have any idea whether or not our tax payments are accurate.
Speaker 2: Sincerely, Donald Rumsfeld, that's pretty funny. Wow, wow, yeah, no kidding. Well, I've been saying this for years. It's clearly true.
Speaker 1: The government, at the point of a prison sentence makes you pay taxes. Okay, fine, but then you make it so complicated that you have to hire somebody to figure out how much you have to pay your own expense to the government, and even then you can't be certain that you haven't violated any law. That's a ridiculous system. Yeah, it's abusive, it's absurd. It's the product of lobbyists and social engineering and legitimate desires to shape society and the rest of it. But you know, I just if someone proposed this system, they would probably be fifty one fifty and held for their own safety and that of others, right, because you'd have.
Speaker 2: To be insane to propose our current system.
Speaker 1: And always keep in mind, while the Democratic Party winds and moans about taxes all the time, and they would like taxes to be higher in general, they don't attack a lot of these regulations that help out them and their friends and all kinds of different people that want them to stay the same way.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: Right, when Hillary Clinton was running for president and going on or whoever democratic president's going around running around complaining about the Richard. They don't point out specific things that they want change in the textago.
Speaker 2: They don't.
Speaker 1: Well, if there were any reason for this conversation to take place, and I don't think there was, it would have Hillary would have spouted about taxing the billionaires and their assets and blah blah blah. Jamie Diamond, some Wall Street giant would call her and say you don't really mean that stuff, and she's say, no, no, of course not. And he said, okay, fine, I get it right here. You're it's populism. Admit me quotus to this history. Who prologue like your humble patients, prey gently to hear, kindly to judge the final thoughts of Armstrong and Ditty. Yeah, so I'd rather have people talk like that than say, Finna, get a sandwich.
Speaker 2: Finn to do final thoughts with our host Joe Geddy. Let's get a final thought from everybody on the crew.
Speaker 1: Say how about our technical director Michael Angelo leading us off, Michael, Yeah, next time I fly Southwest Airlines, I'm gonna kiss the ground when we land.
Speaker 6: And hold up a daisy and tell everybody I now know what love is.
Speaker 1: I think you should Katie Green or Esteemed to use women as a final thought, Katie, Well, for.
Speaker 2: The rest of the week.
Speaker 4: Every time I see you guys, I'm gonna go show my excitement and.
Speaker 2: I'll yell it back.
Speaker 1: Jack. A final thought for us, Yeah, next time I do the fifty minute flight to Burbank and get off the plane, which by the way, is five times longer than their flight, I will talk about how what love means to me, and how we all pulled together and had each other's backs and all that sort of stuff, and how it was just trust and the highest high sir, get off the flight.
Speaker 2: There are people beyond you.
Speaker 1: My final thought is I've often said I would love the federal government to show me the bridge I have paid for or the battleship. But honestly, if that were to happen, it would probably be a bunch of lazy bastards with the pot addictions who don't work and I've been paying for their Medicaid all along, or something like that.
Speaker 2: How disappointing would that be?
Speaker 1: Armstrong In and Getty wrapping up another grueling four hour workday. So many people think so little time good to Armstrong in getdy dot com. Many pleasures await you there, including the hot links, Katie's Corner, the swag shop, get an a, andng lighthood. It's the perfect way drops an omail bag at Armstrong You getdy dot com so something we ought to be talking about.
Speaker 2: You see, send it along.
Speaker 1: So many pleasures await you there. Oh we will see you tomorrow. God bless America for here.
Speaker 3: Because an extreme concentration of Armstrong.
Speaker 2: And Getty, it became a parent that what we have here is I feel like that was a special gift just for me.
Speaker 7: I still can't accept that word.
Speaker 2: I will never be the same, are you sure? Oh dead show one final message. You can't go through.
Speaker 7: What we went through to look out for each other, to help each other and not be changed by that moron.
Speaker 2: Get the hell out of here. Bye bye, Armstrong and Getty