Speaker 1: Good Morning Football is the production of the NFL in partnership with iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Good Morning Football. Welcome back to GMFB. It's time for a segment we call we Iner we Out. Here's how it works.
Speaker 3: I say a statement and then my co hosts in LA tell me whether they agree with it or they veheminently disagree with it.
Speaker 2: It causes great debate. And we start with the draft.
Speaker 3: Let's take a look at the draft order as we head into drafts season here on NFL Network.
Speaker 2: Let's look at the top. It's the Titans.
Speaker 3: Then it's the Browns, and it's the Giants, and it's Cody Kessler's aforementioned team, the Patriots. Then it's Cody Kessler's other aforementioned team, the Jaguars. And we got the Raiders, the Jets, the Panthers, Manti Teo, Saints, and then the Bears. And then we've got Daniel Jeremiah's latest mock draft was twenty twenty five two point zero and he actually has the top pick, being a pass rusher Abdual Carter out of the Big Ten Penn State Tennessee Titans first pick.
Speaker 2: Overall, they don't trade out and they take a pass rusher. Let's already get into it. Guys.
Speaker 3: Here is my statement and Titan tends. If you're watching, we appreciate your viewership. Yes, the Titans can afford to skip on taking a quarterback with the first overall pick.
Speaker 2: Are we in or are we out?
Speaker 3: We will start with our lovely co host, who is wearing a Titan switch.
Speaker 2: Let's do it, missus. Jamie ard all, Jamie, what do you think? I don't know why. No, I'm going first.
Speaker 4: I always go first.
Speaker 5: We in reapply, No, no, no, Peter's right, okay, we A. It doesn't matter what that says. We don't pay attention to the prompter. We look at what Jamie goes first, and we rec Frankly, I get so. I get so caught off guard during We and We OTT, I was I prepared for this segment. There is an article from that I was reading on the Tennessee and Nick Sus I like your take, Nix Sus. It says the Tennessee Titans should call all trade partners and hulking linemen. So yet, Peter, I am in on the fact that they can afford to skip on quarterback with the first overall pick. They can either trade back for a team that is oh so desperate for a quarterback, or I like that passworder take and I will pretty much take anything, Daniel Jeremiah says to the Bank. So I like the fact that they are gonna skip at least what DJ says on the number one overall pick with quarterback trade sus, you are allowed to go trade us, Jamie, No, no trade?
Speaker 6: Is that the person's name nex sus, nix sus, next us.
Speaker 2: Next US.
Speaker 4: I'm with you, nix sus. I like it.
Speaker 6: I am totally in on this. And the reason being is if you look at this year's draft class as far as quarterbacks are concerned, it's not like the past two draft classes.
Speaker 4: Last year we had.
Speaker 6: Caleb Williams, we had Jayden Daniels, Boone Nicks, Drake Made.
Speaker 4: The year before that, we had Bryce Young, c J. Stroud.
Speaker 6: This isn't that type of year. And your right side of your O line needs some help. So there's some good offensive linemen that you could draft number one overall. Because I don't know if you watched the Super Bowl, but the Philadelphia Egos were able to just torture offensive line with just four guys. So if you don't want. You could have a future Hall of Famer at quarterback, but if you don't have the ability to keep him on his feet, it don't matter who's back there, he's.
Speaker 4: Not going to be He's not going to do anything. So I will I'm totally on this. People's up shrikes.
Speaker 3: They took an offensive lineman in the first round of the top ten last year, they did it the year before with Scoronsky. They're not taking offensive line So the question is do you take a pass rusher and then and then you got Will Levis?
Speaker 2: You're taking a right tackle first overall. That's not happening.
Speaker 3: So let's reinsest this from you. Could you pass on a quarterback? Could you roll with Will Levis or go with a free agent quarterback? Is that how you look at it.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying you roll with Will Levis.
Speaker 6: I'm saying there's a lot of free agents out there right now at the quarterback position that will be a better fit for you for your program. I'm just saying with the first overall pick, I don't think there's a first overall pick caliber quarterback in this draft class. There's nobody that I could look at that, say a war Shador Sat. There's nobody that I can look at it say you're my franchise quarterback if I am the Tennessee Titans.
Speaker 4: I do love Abdull Carter.
Speaker 6: I saw him just torture my Notre Dame fighting Irish with only one arm. He had a right shouldered injury. And this guy was still getting pressure. He's still making plays and I think in the first series he had like three out of the four tackles out of that first series. So I really like Abdull Carter in this regard.
Speaker 5: Okay, Cody, here comes your first test. If you go all in three across the table, then Kyle Branton's usually here throws his pen at the camera.
Speaker 2: So are you going to go three? And oh on the are you in on this? No?
Speaker 7: I wow disagree on I'm going to go out. And maybe because I'm a quarterback, I'm a little biased on this question here, Peter, but I think they take a quarterback, and I agree with Manton. I think Abdul Carter is a very good football player. He's a red dot player when we're on offense, right, Mantinos, When you get in the film room, you put the red laser pointer on the coach does and says, hey, this guy can disrupt the game plan like an Aaron Donald, Right, like TJ.
Speaker 4: Watt on the edge.
Speaker 7: I think Abdull Carter is zat caliber of a player. But the reason that I think the Titans go quarterback is because of their new head coach, Brian Callahan.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 7: What he's been able to do the last five years as the offensive coordinator for the Bengals with Joe Burrow and his development has been very impressive. He took Joe Burrow, who had two injuries during that time, right, who one comeback player of the Year, who had to overcome adversity, and he allowed him to become the quarterback.
Speaker 4: That he is today. Right.
Speaker 7: And Zach Taylor was a big part of that in the pieces around him. But Brian Callahan was instrumental in Joe Burrow's success. I think if he goes out and the guy I'm taking to be more upfront is cam Or, I would go out and take cam Ord.
Speaker 4: I think his arm talent is off the charts.
Speaker 7: I think he can make every throw that you can ask him to make from a platform, right from throwing sidearm, getting over the top with without getting his feet involved. There's a throw in the Bowl game where he's standing flat footed and just flicks it to the back of the end zone. He just has that natural thrower.
Speaker 4: Ability, which is very impressive.
Speaker 7: He just needs to learn when to play hero ball and when not to when to be Superman, and when it's okay to be Clark Kent, and I think Brian Callahan can help him do that.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 7: But if I was to say that I'm in on that and that they don't go that route and they go free agency, like NTI said, fifty million in cas space, they could go out and get a bridge quarterback if they want to take some time and then maybe wait till later drafts to find their rookie quarterback or.
Speaker 2: Their future franchise player.
Speaker 7: But yeah, I'm disagreeing on this and I'm gonna go out and I think they take Campboy.
Speaker 4: You like it.
Speaker 3: I love that Cody's talking quarterback play because here he is a great usc quarterback and the guy that succeeded him might be a free agent. I look at Sam Darnold as a real possibility for Tennessee if the Vikings let Sam Donald walk is It's not perfect. They have the offensive line they have the young quarterback coach, they have Nick Holes an offensive coordinator.
Speaker 2: To me, Sam Darnald, and doing that on.
Speaker 3: Like the first day of free agency, take all the money go, and then.
Speaker 2: You get up Duel Carter.
Speaker 3: You could have both another quarterback to watch. You mentioned Callie, and I haven't seen this anywhere and I'm not really as up to date on Titans dot com and the Titans Reddit message boards. But you talk about Callahan, He's got a lot of success with Derek Carr in his career. If the Saints are looking to ship Derek Carr somewhere, I would think Tennessee as a bridge quarterback situation could make sense reuniting Brian Callahan and Derek Carr. But I'm with you, I don't think you'd take a quarterback first over all, if there's all these veteran quarterbacks and there's a guy like Abdul Carter available, Manti, I'm gonna give you another whack at this because you.
Speaker 2: Said that you take a right guard first overall. What do you think.
Speaker 6: Shrikes right tackle that they need the right side strikes.
Speaker 4: I know you just said they had to line the right side.
Speaker 6: Is that I don't know, Maybe does that bit more offended?
Speaker 2: Iregs you?
Speaker 6: It was like a personal insult on that they have an a line.
Speaker 7: And Manti's the defensive guys saying take offense first.
Speaker 4: Give me anyway.
Speaker 6: I wanted to ask Cody this. I know you brought up cam Ward and I really like him. He's my favorite quarterback in this draft. Now, the thing about cam Ward, and I'm really asking you because you you know this better than me, I don't know. With cam Ward's lack of experience under center, how that will you know, maybe kind of hurt him or his development in the NFL? Is that something from a quarterbacks perspective, when you're under center compared to when you're in shotgun? Majority of time, I look back at his Washington State highlight tape, A lot of it is shot You look at all his Miama stuff shotgun?
Speaker 4: So how is that?
Speaker 2: Cody?
Speaker 5: Before you answer this, know that you were here for four more days and you don't have to burn your cam Ward take right now.
Speaker 7: I'll tell you right now just a little preview for later on this episode Tomorrow, we are going to talk a lot more about quarterbacks and where I found that. But I do I will say what I agree with is. I do think cam Ward is the first quarterback in this draft. I think he's a very good player. Even before Washington State, I'll razy when he went to Incarnate word right, and they were a shotgun pretty much ninety nine point nine percent of the time goes to Washington State.
Speaker 4: Same thing.
Speaker 7: I think if we're talking maybe five, six, seven years ago, mantid that makes a little bit more sense. In today's era of the NFL. There's not a ton of under centered. They're getting away from that po style type of offense, right. And then Brian Callahan when you see him back in Cincinnati, the same thing. There's a lot of shotgun right. It's a lot of situational football. But I don't think it's going to hurt him too much. I think where teams really excel, especially with the number one overall pick, is when they tailor their team to the quarterback that they just brought in. Instead of bringing a guy in and saying, all right, you better fit in our scheme or it's not going to work. Right, it's just a lose lose in that situation. You just got to be able to if you're bring a quarterback in to make your offense work for him like a cam Ward.
Speaker 3: Sure, okay, I love this and it's going to be all week. We're going to be talking cam Ward. We are going to talk Shandor Sanders, we will talk Jackson Dark, we will talk all of these guys because it is a draft and it really starts this week at the Combine. All right, sticking in that division, you know, the Jaguars made a pretty splashy hire last week while our show was off the air for a week, and it was James Gladstone, thirty four year old as their general manager. Thirty four years old, comes from the Rams organization. Take a look at this tweet that I put out here.
Speaker 2: This is just the facts, Hiri. I'm Gladstone.
Speaker 3: They now have a thirty nine year old head coach and Liam Cohne, a thirty four year old GM, and James Gladstone, a twenty nine year old offensive coordinator in Grant new Dinsky forty two year old d C Anthony camp Campanel, and all of them are in the first years in their respective roles. So all first time, first time head coach, first time GM, first time OHC, first time DC. My statement is this, Yes, with the hiring of a first time head coach GMOC and DC Jacksonville. This is a little worrisome with the lack of experience and guys who have been there and done that. Jamie, we start there with you as we are a young show and we always like to roll the dice on you.
Speaker 2: Yes, this is a really young group. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I had never hosted a TV show before and they hired me. It was great couple of years back, and here I am three years later. They can't get rid of me. I like the blind leading the blind concept, Peter. This doesn't stress me out at all. I guess I'm out on this. This is their first time in these roles, and that's a technicality because oftentimes guys like this get hired a year or two after they will probably do these certain jobs. And maybe these guys were available because they were being picky, because they're good at these certain jobs. The Liam Cohen experience has been a fascinating watch. The fact that he bounced between Kentucky and LA and back to Kentucky and the Baker Mayfield experience. I love that hire. And then to go after that, I don't know the other guys as well as shrags does. But this doesn't worry me at all. I think if you see this team all of a sudden and take back the division and division that is ripe for overtaking at times in the AFC South Cody, this doesn't streuss me out at all. After that, after this first season together, maybe, but like at this point, it's just like roll the dice out and play with these young guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm in on being worried.
Speaker 4: I couldn't.
Speaker 7: I don't really know how to worry aboutorting this one, but I'm in on the worrisome part. I just yeah, I'm worriedsome a little bit with the young hires because it's just it's now, if you hire a young head coach and Liam Cone and you surround him with experience, maybe not as much worried, right, because you have guys that he can learn from, that he can lean on.
Speaker 4: But you have.
Speaker 7: Udinsky first year, right, you have Campanelli first year, and then like Peter mentioned, you have Gladstone who's thirty four year old general manager. Now, the upside of that is he was with less need with the Rams for the last nine years. He saw some blockbuster trades, right, he saw the Stafford the golf trade.
Speaker 2: He saw that went down.
Speaker 7: He understands how it or what it takes to build a Super Bowl winning roster.
Speaker 2: So those things all work for him.
Speaker 7: Just the thing for me is that if this isn't right right, this doesn't get them over that hump, because they've been close before. We go back to Doug Maron and I was on that twenty eighteen twenty eighteen team. But before that they go and of the Patriots and the AFC Championship right a year away.
Speaker 4: This is our time.
Speaker 2: We're going to take over the AFC South.
Speaker 7: Slowly, you know, slowly regrets they go down, then they go back and kind of breeze over the urban my heart. But then we go to Doug Peterson, you have Trevor Lawrence right then we see them win or go to the playoffs and they have a chance to really take over the AFC South again. Then they slowly digress again and have a regression and go backwards. It's just frustrating for all the fans out in New Ball. They want to see it, you know, really turn the page and take that next step. I just don't know if hiring an all rookie staff, including your GM is going to get him over that hump.
Speaker 4: I'll ask you a question.
Speaker 6: If they're fifty three man roster and they're all rookies, would you be worriedsome would you?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Of course, Yeah, So that answers that's me. I'm in on that. Peter.
Speaker 6: I am so worrisome that these are all rookie guys at their positions.
Speaker 4: Now. Liam Cohen I was worried.
Speaker 6: Worries some from his his presser when he said, dude, I was waiting waiting.
Speaker 2: From that we don't tech that.
Speaker 6: But from from the fact that there's all first year guys.
Speaker 4: There's there's no veteran presence.
Speaker 6: Whenever you have a first year head coach, you want to make sure that you have somebody surrounding them that can teach them, that can lead them to say, hey, don't go down this path, don't make that call, don't make this decision. Whatever it is, whether there's a head coach, whether it's a linebacker, you want to make sure that you have a veteran presence that kind of show him the ropes a little bit. So, Peter, for this subject, I am definitely a little worrisome for the Jacksonville jag Wars Yeah, it's fair.
Speaker 2: It's fair.
Speaker 3: It's different, and it's one of those deals where when they got Liam Cohen from Tampa, it is basically like, we got to give Liam the keys because we need him to leave Tampa and being the highest paid offensive coordinator in football and take a risk on us, and in doing so, they gave away a lot of the power and a lot of the decision making.
Speaker 2: And I love that he says, you.
Speaker 3: Know what, I'm not going to do what Sean McVay did and hire away Phillips.
Speaker 4: I'm not going to do what.
Speaker 3: A Stefanski didn't hire.
Speaker 2: A Jim Schwartz. I'm coming in there. I'm hiring Camp, who.
Speaker 3: Is one of like the fiery defensive coordinators, but as a first year coordinator, and it's forty two, I'm hiring Grant new Dinsky. Guys twenty nine nine. Grant is twenty nine, twenty nine. And I have heard from from various people who are with him in Minnesota and they're like, he is the brightest young offensive mine in football. This guy is sharp. He's from Doylestown, PA. Like he's football football, football.
Speaker 2: That dude's twenty nine, twenty nine. And then to say Oh, in.
Speaker 3: Gm we'll interview all these other but we're also going to go with a thirty four year old who when we mention his name on NFL Network, there's not a lot of b roll of him because he's on the road so much. So I think it's really interesting that the Jaguars right this direction. I also think it's pretty cool. This is a youth movement in Jacksonville. They've done the Urban Meyer thing, They've done the Doug Peterson thing in liam We trust, they're basically saying, and it's in his hands. This is the organization and the I guess the model that he envisioned when he left Tampa to take this job in Jacksonville.
Speaker 2: Good stuff, Peter.
Speaker 5: We love you, AFC South, all right, don't say that we don't talk about you. Here we are day one of the offseason. We got your back. We're gonna check in with Tom Pellisera. We are checking in within the Appolis except for this on our show. It's Combine week.
Speaker 4: Everybody.
Speaker 2: We want to know how things are feeling.
Speaker 3: Good Morning Football, Welcome back to GMFB. We're live here in Indianapolis, and we're here with one of the top coaches in the NFL. The Buffalo Bills head coach mister Sean McDermott, Welcome back to the show.
Speaker 2: It's great to be here.
Speaker 4: Great to be here.
Speaker 9: I love I feel like I'm an assistant on the on the studio, on the team.
Speaker 2: Right, this is no joke.
Speaker 3: I feel like Martin Short, you always go on with like David Letterman, and it was like America's Guests.
Speaker 2: You're a good Morning Football's guest. You love having you on.
Speaker 3: You're always great and you are part of the family. And it's another off season. Now we turn the page again, but can't help but look back on last year and just if you could take a moment to talk about what this team accomplished. Maybe what's your quarterback accomplished along the way as well.
Speaker 9: Yeah, great season. We can't forget the type of year we have, really, I mean, everyone wants to win the last game of the year and we'll get there at some point. But you know, between now and then, the journey has been incredible, the amount of success we've been able to sustain. Josh Allen winning MVP. Super proud of him his accomplishment. That's a once in a lifetime deal. So just super proud. Of him and happy for him.
Speaker 3: We were watching a best of like miked up yesterday on Good Morning Football, and there's this awesome jovial scene in the locker room where Josh Allen's like.
Speaker 2: All right, Monday's off.
Speaker 8: Coaches, you got to come in, but the players were and I'm like, we forget everyone thinks about the end of the season, but it's like, what amazing moments of elation you guys had, and all these teams, it's only gonna be one team that hus Lombardi at the end, but we can't take away from the amazing year that all your players and your coachings have had.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I appreciate you saying that and acknowledging that. Yeah, it's the journey, right. I mean, you want to.
Speaker 2: Be happy at your job. You want to have fun at your job.
Speaker 9: I think we do a great job of balancing balancing that and all the while trying to win games and bring a world championship to Buffalo.
Speaker 3: And then you go to the the Super Bowl week and the Chiefs are playing the Eagles, and this could be a sour moment, but then you guys had this awesome moment on Thursday night where he is crowned MVP, and I thought it was pretty cool you actually flew in and attended as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we did.
Speaker 9: You know, we felt like, you know, he was gonna be the MVP. We wanted to be there to support him naturally, and knowing that he was going to have a lot of support down there as well. But even if he just if he knew we were there right with our hand on his back, and just so proud of him. Like I said, he's worked so hard to get to where he's at, so many questions about him, about his ability coming out of Wyoming, and just again can't be more proud of him and what he's meant to our team but also our community.
Speaker 3: And last year, a lot of the storylines in training camp when we were talking to guys.
Speaker 2: Was like, how are you gonna do it without this guy?
Speaker 3: People step up? People step up, and a lot of players did step up. One of my favorite players of the year was wild Card round Josh running around on a fourth and one and hits Ty Johnson in the back of the end zone and it's like a the.
Speaker 2: Courage to call that play be to executed and then.
Speaker 3: See it's Ty Johnson making the cat it's this third down running back who of course makes this huge play. You have to be so proud of the way that everyone stepped up despite some departures from the roster.
Speaker 9: Well, we had that, and you're always going to have that. You're always going to have guys graduate, so to speak. And you know, led by Josh and his leadership, others stepped up, right. And it's never about one person or one player or one coach. It's really about the team. And with Josh's leadership and the way he led our team this year, it just brought everybody else's level of.
Speaker 2: Play and performance.
Speaker 4: Though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and yesterday we got some news who was reported that Khalil Shakir got a new deal. That's a player that had an outstanding season less of the Boise State product. If you want to talk about a little bit what he brought. Knowing the departures at the wide receiver position last season.
Speaker 9: Well, when you talk about Khalil, you talk about consistency, dependability, availability. Sometimes there's players that fly under the radar, right, and he's one of them, and so we reward guys that work hard, guys that earn the right and then he's very consistent and what a team guy. So I just can't be more grateful of him and his family and the results have been on the field, but his impact off the field has been immeasurable for us.
Speaker 3: You got all these different free agents this year. We can go through the list. That's not what the point of this segment is. I do want to ask about James Cook, Jimbo, who had an outstanding breakout season, incredible running back, big piece of this. Anytime you get a free agent of that type of caliber and we're here at the COMBA, which kind of the first step, how do you proceed in what's the conversations and do you ever consider reaching out to the player himself As a head.
Speaker 2: Coach, Well, I do.
Speaker 9: I try and stay in touch with the players, especially the ones that are in these situations, and unfortunately, this is a business, right We try and be as transformational and caring for the players as we can. And even though it's a business, there's times then that the business does show up the business part of the business, and sometimes these things have a way of working themselves out. But to your point, communication is important.
Speaker 3: I think about this build team. You guys have had so many amazing seasons. He came up just short this year, but there are signs that this will happen.
Speaker 4: We know.
Speaker 3: I also think back in the nineties Marv Levy and like the Sir Andrews speech that he gave that one year after.
Speaker 2: The Super Bowl.
Speaker 3: What is the message now as we turn the page yet again and it's like, hey, gentlemen, we got to get back up off the mat and we've got to fight again.
Speaker 9: Well, I think again, you want to keep things in perspective, right, we're all shooting for that.
Speaker 2: We work extremely hard. This is not a hobby.
Speaker 9: It's a job and it's a profession and we spend a lot of time trying to become the best in the world at something and so it doesn't come easy.
Speaker 2: But we respect that process.
Speaker 9: And through all the journey and adversity that you go through, I think you develop character, and within that you discover or continue to discover or rediscover even your purpose.
Speaker 2: And that's why we're in Buffalo.
Speaker 9: We've got the best fans in the NFL, and we're there to win a world championship, but we're also there to bring hope and purpose.
Speaker 2: To a community. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I thought one of the cool moments of the season you guys play the shootout against the Rams and you come up just shore, but then Detroit is it and you guys take care of bus us on the road and show like, hey, we can do that.
Speaker 2: This seam has gotten better and better and better.
Speaker 3: What would you like to see from this group of men next season that maybe we can fine tune and maybe do something a little differently to even get even better the following year.
Speaker 9: Well, you know, every year is different. You've got to start over every season, shregs, and you know that. I think the biggest thing right now for us is to get healthy where we need to get healthy, having great offseason, and then start anew with a new team that we're gonna put together this offseason.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one of.
Speaker 3: The plays that we loved on an NFL network was the Josh Allen throws it to a Mario Cooper mar and.
Speaker 2: Throws a little pitch.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I ever got your your statement, like, obviously that's all improbaent.
Speaker 2: Well know I called it.
Speaker 9: I mean, Joe Brady gets a heck of a lot of.
Speaker 2: Credit, but I calved that play very rare that I'm gonna chime in. It's a guy do that play.
Speaker 9: We didn't know my brother and I did that in the backyard, you know, years ago and snow playing snow football. Right, Hey, I'm gonna catch it, I'm gonna pitch it.
Speaker 4: Back to me.
Speaker 2: Do it.
Speaker 3: But your reaction in real time, just think us through, like you see something like that, like.
Speaker 2: This is that guy's a free kind of even do well? So it worked?
Speaker 9: No, I'm like I was probably like every fan in the stadium and every fan at home going, but oh yeah, yeah, and then it doesn't. I'm like with Josh, doesn't surprise me exist that works.
Speaker 3: You and Andy have this great relationship obviously, Andy Reid. You guys were on the same staff, and now you're going up and down playing against each other all these years, the regular season, all the years in the postseason, Andy.
Speaker 2: Falls short of the Super Bowl? Do you give Andy a text? Do you give Andy a call?
Speaker 3: Knowing he's had all these moments of elation, but he might be feeling pretty down up to the way that thing ended.
Speaker 2: Well, yes and no.
Speaker 9: You know, he reached out to me after our game, and I've reached out to him after There's there's been you know, games we've beaten him as well, and so it's a tough business. It's hard to win one game, let alone a super Bowl, and he was on the on the losing end of this one. And but he's won a lot, right, So, but you know, my admiration, my respect for Andy Reid runs deep, and I've learned so much from him. Having said that, though our games are extremely competitive for a reason, he wants to beat me and I want to beat him. And I think that's high level come petition and good for the game.
Speaker 3: You guys both work together in Philly, which then brings up your job.
Speaker 2: Also that you were another hat here.
Speaker 3: The Competition Committee and the Tush push has been a big topic of conversation. You're in those conversations, you're in those meetings. Just give us a maybe even fifteen thirty second summary of what we're looking at as we have these conversations about potentially banning this play that has been so advantageous for the Eagles.
Speaker 9: Well, it's been a good play, right, it's been a good play. I can't argue that. I think there's just things every year you have to talk about. You have to whether it's changed or not, you have to talk about it because it is a unique style of play with unique call it techniques, and again give credit to the Eagles what they've been able to create been very creative and you know, kind of trailblazing in a way around the league a little bit. So it's just something we have to talk about. We'll see where it goes, but we have to give it to do.
Speaker 3: At least my last one, there was footage of Josh Allen and his new fiance in Italy going around. They were enjoying the European Do you get the invite like they're gonna go do like Milan Fashion Week?
Speaker 2: Is Sean McDermot getting the text coach you want to we got a.
Speaker 3: Spot on you know if you want to sit front row at the fashion show?
Speaker 2: No, yeah, no, no, they sent it.
Speaker 9: But I have a filter, right, and so yeah, I spend most of my off season in Buffalo.
Speaker 2: And the Elements and we look forward to that.
Speaker 9: I love skiing and and uh being around Buffalo. So yeah, no, no clear imitation came through on my phone.
Speaker 2: But we'll see.
Speaker 3: No, I mean, just for the viewers at home, I've been been to Italy, I've been to Buffalo, like Milan has nothing on Buffalo, like I just I think everyone would say, great, right, you agree, and that's it.
Speaker 9: That's where Bill's I mean, Bill's Mafia is everywhere right there course, But to be around Buffalo, you know, sometimes we get the question of hey, where do you go on the off season, Well, we live in Buffalo. Love this, We're members of the community and we love it there. So I think that's the real part of being in Buffalo and being the head coach of the Buffalo Bills.
Speaker 2: So cool.
Speaker 3: Sean McDermott, thank you, big season ahead, big a couple of weeks ahead.
Speaker 2: Good luck and as always, we appreciate you coming on the show.
Speaker 4: I love being with you.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 10: Good morning football, Good morning football.
Speaker 3: Now it's time for twenty twenty five, and let's get started with the top ten combined prospects going into the combine.
Speaker 2: It's my list.
Speaker 3: There are plenty of others out there. Take with this what you will, but let's get excited about some of these guys. And let's go to Ann Arbor for number ten, guy who missed a bunch of games this year but still is viewed as one of the top defensive backs to come out of the college game in quite some time. It's number ten Michigan defensive back Will Johnson. Will Johnson has that size guys six foot two, two hundred and five pounds, has the range, and in their national title season in twenty twenty three, was first team All Big Ten Conference. A dominant player. Where's that Charles Woodson number two? The ultimate compliment for a Michigan corner. Has the size, has the ability. Missed a bunch of games this year, so there are some questions on that it's he's going to be the same player he was in twenty twenty three as he would be in twenty twenty five. The answers, Yes, he was a freshman and he was the Big ten freshman player that he was All American.
Speaker 2: As a freshman.
Speaker 3: Goes On has the national title in twenty twenty three. Last year, plays in Wink Martindale's all out blitz defense where he was the man to watch out in the backfield. Will Johnson has the physical build and he's been one of these guys since the second he walked on campus in Ann Arbor that everybody has been talking.
Speaker 2: About as the next dude. He is number ten on the list.
Speaker 3: Look for him to go in the first round, of course, in April's draft. Number nine, I'm staying in ann Arbor and I'm going with another player out of the University of Michigan.
Speaker 2: Number nine is tight end Colston Loveland.
Speaker 3: If you want to talk about the different types of body shapes and body forms, different types of players that we get at tight end, there are guys who are more like Grunk in this draft, and then there's Colston Loveland, who I think as complimentary a high bar as you can set. Is compared to Travis Kelcey in the way that they use him and the way that he can move. Brock Bauers as well, more of a receiving tight end. Six foot five, two hundred and forty five pounds, runs.
Speaker 2: And moves like a receiver.
Speaker 3: There's a guy who led the team with fifty six catches, five hundred and eighty two receiving yards and five touchdowns this year and miss time as well due to injury. First team All Big Ten last year, and is one of those players that you circle when you're talking about.
Speaker 2: The next level.
Speaker 3: We're now at ten and nine and they both are out of the same school. How about we go for a rapid departure from cold and Arbor and go to Sonny Tucson for number eight. I am higher on this player than I think any of my fellow.
Speaker 2: Draft pundits are. But my number eight.
Speaker 3: Prospect is Arizona wide receiver Tatoroa McMillan. I'm gonna call him t mac and he is out of Hawaii, and I am sure my boy Mantai Teo has a little knowledge on this guy. First Team All American, first Team All Big twelve, and he has set a school record with three thousand, four hundred and twenty three career receiving yards. He is my number one wide receiver in this draft. He is six foot five, two hundred and fifteen pounds. I watched this guy these late night games going up here against Kansas State, and of course what he was doing before that when they were in the Pac twelve. This is a player that has been over different coaching stats, started with Jed Fish and of course.
Speaker 2: Has been there now the last year with a.
Speaker 3: Different coaching step and has just always produced.
Speaker 2: Reminds me of Drake London.
Speaker 3: That is the body size, six foot five basketball body, can get everything and was playing on an Arizona team that surprised a lot of folks in twenty twenty three, and then he still had a big year in twenty twenty four. That's ten, nine to eight, number seven. I know he might go first overall, but cam Ward is my seventh overall prospect in this draft.
Speaker 4: I'll tell it like.
Speaker 2: It is, folks.
Speaker 3: This is not a draft where the quarterbacks are one through five.
Speaker 2: As far as prospects.
Speaker 3: Go, there are far better depth and talent at the defensive line, at the tight end spot, and guess what the running back spot this year. So cam Ward he might go first or second overall, but coming into this thing, I've got him as my seventh best prospect.
Speaker 2: Loved watching him.
Speaker 3: At Washington State and of course when he transfers over to Miami and did the things he did last.
Speaker 2: Year, set an NCAA record with.
Speaker 3: One hundred and fifty eight passing touchdowns in his career over three different schools. Started at Incarnate Word, went to Washington State where he was a standout, and then came into Miami as a one year guy and absolutely blew everybody away. Led FBS with thirty nine passing touchdowns last year, the most ever by a Miami Hurricane in a season, and of course was the acc Player of the Year, great kid as well. But if I'm gonna be honest, I don't know if cam Ward is in the same conversation as a Caleb Williams. I don't know if cam Ward's in the same conversation as a Jaden Daniels. I don't know if he's in the same conversation as a Drake may As they were entering the league last year.
Speaker 2: Of course Bo Nicks.
Speaker 3: And Michael Pennix would both get time, and JJ McCarthy's going to play as well. I was asked recently where I have cam Ward if he was coming out last year, said, I'm not sure he's in that top tier. Probably in that next year, but I'm not even sure about that. So cam Ward great prospect. We'll be an NFL starter next year and will be a top five, top ten pick, no doubt. But I've got him at seven, not as number one in this prospect list, number six.
Speaker 2: I go defense again, and I go.
Speaker 3: To a place where it's been an absolute factory of pass rushing talent.
Speaker 2: That is Georgia, and that is Jalen Walker, who.
Speaker 3: This year won the Buckets Award for the best linebacker in all the Land.
Speaker 2: He looks to part.
Speaker 3: He's everything on that defense. He's everywhere on that defense. It was a third team All American but led the team with ten and a half tackles for a loss, led the team with five sacks.
Speaker 2: But here's the thing, this is last year. He was a bench player last year.
Speaker 3: So his big year came this season where he popped off the screen and was all over the place.
Speaker 2: I've got him as number six on.
Speaker 3: This list, and guys, he was a reserve in twenty twenty three.
Speaker 2: Think about all these.
Speaker 3: Different Georgia pass rushers over the last several years.
Speaker 2: Obviously, the Eagles.
Speaker 3: Have about a dozen of them, and Nolan Smith and Jordan Davis and of course Jalen Carter and Nakobe Dean, all those guys in the front seven. But Green Bay has a couple also with Kway Walker and what they've got up front there with Wyatt, Like this has become a factory. And if there's one thing you can say you can trust these Georgia pass rushers, you can trust these Georgia front seven guys. They come in and they make an impact in the league. Jalen Walker is not listed as like a top five pick on any other mock drafts, but I got him as number six right now going into the combine. I think he's going to be an outstanding performer and I think his stock will rise, both the pedigree and the performance.
Speaker 2: This is not everybody's less. It's different than the.
Speaker 3: Herd mentality is I always say I don't always have what everyone else has.
Speaker 2: No, there's no glory and.
Speaker 3: Copying someone's mock draft and saying here's is it.
Speaker 2: From calls and some discussions.
Speaker 3: Going into the combine and they're my guys, here are six, seven, eight, nine, and ten.
Speaker 2: Of course today we're going to go five through one.
Speaker 3: And we had two Michigan men at ten and nine yesterday. How about another Michigan man at number five. Mason Graham is the number five prospect for me going into this combine week. Mason Graham wearing number fifty five, just like Brandon Graham out of Michigan. But this guy's on the inside of the defensive line and one of the top players in all of college football. Had a career year in twenty twenty three when they won the national type.
Speaker 2: He started thirteen.
Speaker 3: Games for the national championship team and then followed it up by being a first team All American this year, two time First Team Big Ten Conference, and dominant inside. Now there's been critiques about his body. Does he have long enough armed?
Speaker 2: I don't want to hear it.
Speaker 3: He dominated the Big Ten, dominated the Big Ten. He is a top five pick and I wouldn't be shocked if he goes even higher than that. From a personal note, our show has a connection to him. He went to the same high school as te Mack, who was the wide receiver at of Arizona. They both could go in the top ten. If you're talking about two guys who went into high school together and they went to a school out there in Anaheim. Now, guess what our researcher on the show, Blake Blake, was a math teacher at this school when they were both there at the same time in Anaheim. So I love that team, Mac Mason Graham and of course our guy Blake in research the school itself. Let me get on the phone here because I gotta give it love. I'm here, I am, I'm trying to do all this stuff. It is call and at the school here, Servite High School.
Speaker 2: We see you Servite in Anaheim.
Speaker 3: Churning out NFL content and churning out, churning out NFL.
Speaker 2: Research gods, our guy blink. So there we go. That's number five. Yeah, number four. We go to Boise.
Speaker 3: State, where I think Ashton gent is one of the top running backs in this draft and will obviously be a.
Speaker 2: First round pick, number two in the Heisman this year.
Speaker 3: Did it all at Boise A product, of course, out of Florida. He's a Jacksonvin, Florida kid, five foot nine, two hundred and fifteen pounds, won the Dope Walker Awards, a nation's top running back.
Speaker 2: Why see led college football?
Speaker 3: We get this number, guys, twenty six one hundred rushing yards in one season.
Speaker 2: Twenty six rushing.
Speaker 3: Yards in one season, and that's major college football.
Speaker 2: That's not Division three, that's not Division one.
Speaker 3: Double as, two time AP All American, and he's two time Mountain West Conference Offensive Player of the Year.
Speaker 2: The size is the speed. He's got it all.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately, he's already said he's not going to work out at the combine. But if you watched him do any of the stuff he did at the Super Bowl, he did a lot of media. He is a big personality and he is very confident that he can bring it to the next level. I have seen some teams tell me. I've had conversations like he might just be the best player in this draft.
Speaker 2: It's a running backs.
Speaker 3: We're not sure where that goes, but I've got him at four on this list. Number three is my favorite player to watch in all of college football this past season. He's out of Penn State. He's the tight end who has number forty four. Mister Tyler Warren. If you watch any of these Penn State games, this guy does it all. He was a high school quarterback who plays HVAC and plays tight end, and he's an absolute machine. He's got a Mechanicsville Virginia finish seventh in the Heisman this year. That is the highest a tight end has finished since Notre Dames Ken McAfee finished third in nineteen seventy seven. He was the do it all player on this Penn State offense. Won the John mckew Award as the nation's top tight end. Was tied for second in all of college football, not amongst tight ends among all players with one hundred and four catches, First Team All Big Ten, Fiesta Bowl MVP, where he had two touchdowns and six catches, and of course, was that dominant force in that Penn State offense. Kyle Brant likes to do angry runs like this guy might win it every single week.
Speaker 2: Plays with a fury out there.
Speaker 3: Again a high school quarterback, so he's a superior athlete both up at Penn State.
Speaker 2: Where's that sea on his chest? As a captain. Unbelievable player, ty Warren.
Speaker 3: I think he might go as high as top five. He will not escape the top ten. We already had Lovelies, the one tight end aut of Michigan. I've got another tight end in Warren, and he's as high as number three. I've got a friend, my friend Eric Zip, who sees all this football. Two years ago. He put me on to Tyler Warren. Have been watching this guy for the last two seasons and he has gotten better and better and better. We'll see where he goes in the draft, which leaves two players left. And I think these two players have been batted around as the.
Speaker 2: Top two non quarterbacks in this draft.
Speaker 3: Number two, I've got Tyler Warren's teammate at of Penn State. It's for Abdul Carter. Abdul Carter did it all for Penn State this year. And what a lot of teams love was that he did it ball while he was hurt in the biggest of games. Yes, Abduall Carter, of course, he comes out of this thing, and you look at what he did at penn State.
Speaker 2: The numbers tell the story.
Speaker 3: He led all of college football with twenty three and a half tackles for a loss. He was the Big Ten Conference defensive player of the Year All American six three, two hundred and fifty two pounds out of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania gets hurt in that last semifinal game against Notre Dame and still found a way to dominate that game.
Speaker 2: Anti Tao, I know you were watching it. Number eleven was all over the field.
Speaker 3: Many people believe he'll be the first pick in this Abdul Carter will just go number one to Tennessee.
Speaker 2: You call it like that. It's easy. He's your Miles Garrett, he's your TJ. Watt.
Speaker 3: You put him in there, You're set for the next ten years. He is that good of a prospect. I've got him number two on my list because for number one coming into the NFL Draft and coming into the combine, I've got to go with the player that I watched every single week the past two seasons, and I watched him dominate on both sides of the field. I've got Travis Hunter as my number one prospect out of Colorado. Played corner, played a wide receiver, and he won the Heisman this year. I just don't think there's another player like him that we have seen in college football in some time. I actually don't think I in my lifetime i've seen a player do it as much as he did on both sides of the ball.
Speaker 2: You're talking about a guy who plays one hundred and twenty snaps a game.
Speaker 3: And doesn't get hurt, doesn't complain, doesn't demand the ball, and was an elite wide receiver, and was.
Speaker 2: An elite defensive back.
Speaker 3: The fact that we are already here at the Combine and there are still teams split on how they would use him tell you just how special a play he is. Travis Hunter six' one one to Ninety Heisman trophy, winner two Time First Team All. American he was The big Twelve Defensive player of The year this, year but he was also a first Team All big twelve wide. Receiver he averaged one hundred and twelve snaps per game last. Year and this year you're talking about the rarest of. Breeds you're talking about a pure, unicorn and to, me the best player in college football and the best football.
Speaker 2: Player entering this combine.
Speaker 3: Period, NOW i don't know if he's working out at defensive, back wide, receiver or none of it, all because we don't have that information yet here at the. COMBINE i will say, this he has been with the defensive backs group going through that as far as interviews and measurements and all that. Goes but don't be shocked if AN nfl team drafts him and uses him both at corner and wide, receiver something we have never seen in this. League and that Includes Charles woods And Deon, sanders all these guys to come out of college and be used that, way it just doesn't.
Speaker 2: Happen Chuck ben And narrick our last true two way, player.
Speaker 3: And that was the nineteen Sixty. Eagles Could Travis hunter be the next? ONE i love NEW i love precedent breaking. Players Travis hunter's that.
Speaker 10: Guy Good Morning, football