Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, Radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 1: I'm Jim Stadevak along with Carol Master. Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today with us as Bloomberg News cross Asset reporter Deniza Sakova. Stocks maybe higher, but one prominent tech name, chip name lower today.
Speaker 3: Yes, old days old Ice on Intel today the stock is down nine percent.
Speaker 4: Now, obviously this comes off.
Speaker 3: The chip maker report in second quarter results and plans to make significant workforce cutbacks. Of course, the ticker is i NTC. The biggest concern is that their new CEO, Lib Bhutan. There was so much excitement about it, but the big concern was that he was more focused on costcutting than restoring the chip maker's technological edge. So what we saw in the report is that they will cancel some factory project and take on a more conservative approach to future spending. And clearly investors are not reacting very well to that. When the job cuts, their goal is to reduce to end the year with seventy five thousand employees. This is actually a twenty percent cut, So that's perhaps one reason investors are reacting. There is actually a lot of support from the PC industry.
Speaker 4: But what are you seeing.
Speaker 3: There is that maybe some of that is coming from build up in inventory, and als are not so optimistic about that. Despite the strong first quarter. They're saying that obviously this may not happen in the same second part of the year. That said into given a bit third quarter sales forecast, but still the ear today rally less than three percent.
Speaker 4: It's really lugging behind the big names. But it was up. It was at Memory Bill.
Speaker 5: Right, this is a huge haircut today, and so it was doing better than it certainly is. All right, so I feel like we're going to go from high tech Intel to a little bit low tech.
Speaker 1: Sorry Deckers, Okay, Ugs, Hoka, Teva.
Speaker 4: What's going on exactly?
Speaker 3: These are the brands driving driving the stock higher. The ticker is de e Ck and the stock is a twelve percent today. Of course, it comes after reporting net sales for the first quarter that beat the average channelist estimate, and the two brands start driving it as Ugs and Hokka.
Speaker 4: That's an interesting one.
Speaker 3: Where for Ugs they're releasing new items they have like ah year round items. I don't know if you've seen the sandals and then the lifestyle sneakers platform ugs.
Speaker 5: That came out a couple of years ago, a year and a half ago, and they're everywhere.
Speaker 4: I see them a lot.
Speaker 3: Hoka is also raising prices, so that seems to be paying off their CEO, Stefan Karoate, has been steering Decoras through tariff pressures. It's actually been a pretty rough year despite the big jump today, the company is down more than thirty percent, so this is.
Speaker 4: Much needed relief. But we see a lot of buzz across their famous brands.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean the famous brands are driving the driving sales there. I mean Hoca brand net sales increased close to twenty percent, UG brand net sales increased close to nineteen percent, while other brand net sales decrease nineteen percent.
Speaker 4: So it's being powered by UG and Hoca.
Speaker 5: Right now, let me some mugs, Let me some Sam Adams.
Speaker 4: Yes, all right, that's a transition.
Speaker 5: I do love this tick, our Sam. We're talking about Boston Bear Beer. I always say that very good.
Speaker 3: Friday transition shares are up six percent. The alcoholic beverage maker reported earnings per share for the second quarter that beat the AVORA Channel ass estimate. The most important bit that is bringing relief to investors. The company expects some more moderate effect from proposed TIPE rates and revised lower their respective financial hits to earnings. There are new term factors such as economic uncertainty and household budget tightening that are definitely weighing on demand. That's what the COO is saying. But they also have an interesting new brand. It's called sun Cruiser, and it's been boosting sales and they expect this to continue.
Speaker 4: So this is like a vodka iced tea. Is the first time I see it, but it looks very interesting.
Speaker 3: It was launched last summer, but it continues to grows volumes week over week, distribution expands to the big chains, so you know, bails are not drinking, but clearly this one is doing well. This even though Boston Beer is still down almost thirty percent year to date.
Speaker 5: Sorry, give me a glass of red wine. I'll be happy.
Speaker 2: This stock mover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines, Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live. Catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.