Speaker 1: Guess who just got back today. The Brooklyn Mores that had been away. They both have so much to see. You know their names, Scary and Brodie Fragons episode two sixty two. It's the Brooklyn Boys Podcast and we are back in town. Had a little bit more tan. Some of us are a little bit, just a little bit now all I'm redder. You know, I have to say, Scary, you pulled a fast Food on me just now. Why is that because because you had your head in your hand and your head was down and you were not paying attention to the song. And I thought, he's not gonna he's not gonna talk over the names in the song. He's not gonna say Scary. And then just as the song was about to get to the good part, Scary jumps, pops his head up, lowers the volume, and says, scam Brody. Yeah, you see what I did? Then I set you up trying to set me up. I thought for sure that you were gonna let it slide this time. Well, I mean, you know, this should have that Injo should have been redone a long time ago, because that's not the name of the show. And that's a whole other story. We don't have a name of the show. Namby shows The Brooking Boys with Scary Jones and David Brody. That was back in the day when before I was a podcast legend, and now you are. You're on all these kinds of podcasts. You were on another one today. I can't keep track of the kind of podcast you're doing. So today I did Appetite for Horror with the number four with my friend Brando. He has a podcast called Appetite for Distortion, which is a hard rock podcast. I see what they did a couple of days, yeah, And then last a few days ago, I did the Amazing, amazing, not amazing, amazing, but true podcast, which is a Mets podcast with Jake Brown and Nels's our buddy Nelson Figueroa from the Mets and from Brooklyn. Yeah, but Nelson was out this week, so I filled in. It's sponsored by the New York Post newspaper and your favorite that I love the sports section, and yeah, I read them from the back anyway, So I did that podcast, and our friends that you know I'm right podcast want me to do that podcast again. And then there's a Mets podcast. I got a lot of podcasts. I'll say this. I was on zero podcasts all during this break. But pools, parties and plane trips. That's all I did. My vacation was was wall to wall, ear to ear, front to back, parties, pools and planes. Yeah, but we'll get in a second, you know. I just you just jogged my memory for a second while you were mentioning all these podcasts you've been a part of. I was a part of a podcast that I recorded for the Cake Boss's wife, Lisa, Lisa Velastro, and I think it's called call Me Cuz or something like that, whatever, What's up, Cuz? And I recorded that and she's with she does it with a comedian comedian and they do a wonderful job of a video podcast. And I got to go to the Cake Boss's house in north northern Bergen County, New Jersey. Beautiful house, and then Lisa cooked me dinner and I spent the whole night there. And then next thing, you know, that was back in February. Huh, she goes, Yeah, it's coming out in like April and May. So you just remind me now that I don't know if it was ever released. Nobody ever tried to email me or contact me or tag me in anything. She said, Yeah, it's coming out in a couple of months. Did this did this podcast make the scrap heap? You may have gotten edited, you may have gotten clipped. I was the whole episode. Hold on a second, so got clip? Hold on? Call me what is it? Cuz? Call me, daddy, call her daddy, call me because podcast, Lisa Velastro, I gotta google this now. Maybe called What's Up? Cuz I'm starring bugs Bunny? What's up? What's up? Hold on? What's up? Because Scary Jones? Has it? Has it been released? I'd like to think it wasn't. I would love if they, if they, if they, if they, uh, they caught you?
Speaker 2: Why was that?
Speaker 1: We used to call people when they got bumped. Oh, we call it duffed because of Hillary Duff, right right, youet duffed. We basically we were supposed to do a phone tap one day and then Hillary Duff came into studio and that was the first time something ever got bumped on one of the phone taps. Didn't une nine twenty like always said, you got duffed, Yeah, because the phone tap got got deleted or you know, we didn't know time, we didn't play We didn't play it because of the hillaryduffin of you, which went overtime, and then so we we then would say anything you got duffed, anything right there after that got so you got duffed? On this podcast, it sounds like, well, I'm looking through right now and I don't see the Scary Jones episode of What's Up becuz, you know what, I'll have to reach out to Buddy. I know, Buddy, I'll see if I can do an episode with him. See if that gets on before yours. That's crazy. So anyway, yeah, wow, but anyway, Yeah, it's been a long trip. I'm glad you were on Appetite for Destruction. What is that the Guns and Roses podcast? Oh yeah, Also the name goes on Appetite for Horror. We talked about the Walking Dead all of the shows, all of the seasons. It was like a recap of everything walk Talkers anymore. So we did play Appetite, a song from the Guns and Roses album Appetite for Destruction on the show today Sweet Child of Mind kick this off on the Elvis Durram Big Show, and we got a lot of a lot of compliments about it. They're like, oh my god, it's great to hear this at six o'clock the morning. You know, Oh oh oh, how can I forget? Speaking of actual rose? Did you hear how awful he sounds a concert lately? Did you see this video that surfaced? Okay? Is it is it? Is it fake?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Because there's a fake Vince Neal from Motley Crue video going hold on, hold on where it looks like he can't pronounce words, but it's Overdube with a fake voice. Awful. I saw the one where he's on stage and he sounds terrible, but I don't know if that's original audio.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna play something for you.
Speaker 1: Wow, you hear that? Yeah, that's pretty bad Brodie? What happened him? Was it all those years? Yeah? Yeah, I think I think that's enough. You see you're looking for more footage. Yeah, it's a lot of news stories on. There's a dining of BBC for the for the quality of sound. What I just played was was was perfect? Yeah, it was pretty bad anyway. Poor What's going on? The Jungle came out forty five years ago. Forty five that's a lot thirty five years ago, nineteen eighty seven, Yeah, yeah, yeah, he seven thirty five. Yeah, so anyway, yeah, but yeah, so so. I mean, guess that's what happens to people's voice overtime when you abuse him screaming yeah, and screaming and singing and yelling, and his whole career is based on screaming. Yeah. But a lot of singers can't sing anymore. Kind of band's player recorded instrument tracks, I didn't play their instruments anymore. There was a video last week a Motley Crue where a guy came on stage and Nikki six took his bass off and was gonna hit the guy with it, but you could hear the bass kept playing. You mean a lot of these artists are just going through the motions, playing the chords, but they're not really playing right. Yes, they're not singing. The backing vocals are pumped in.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 1: I've always accused of band of songs, you know, vocalists for not singing sometimes, yeah, but not heavy hard rock heavy metal people pride themselves on singing, but when they get old, they can't sing. So they are like they have like two girls on stage doing backing vocal Yeah. No, I get that, but I never would have thought in a million years that the instrumentation was fake and they were they were kind of lip syncing that or you know, kind of like playing their guitar playing, well, that's their guitarist. Yeah yeah, oh okay, so yeah, So some bands have been accused of not even playing their instruments anymore. I realize drums or that there were there's drums added to make it sound fuller. Look, you have bands that are seventy five years old, you know, So when am I paying? You mess your father on stage playing dramas or guitar or whatever. But so what am I paying for? You're paying for the crowd? Should I be uh? Should I get a discount?
Speaker 2: Then?
Speaker 1: If they're only doing a theory a quarter of the worst, should I be paying the quarter the price of the ticket? Well, the artists don't think there's a problem with that. When I see them interview, they all say, you're there for the show and entertainment, And what's the difference if it's you know, uh, we're just giving a better show. If we don't, if we don't add to our voices and instrumentations can sound like shit and and then people won't be happy. So people calm and they're happy. I mean ultimately, you have to know. Like, for instance, my friend Jeff went to see Phil Collins. Phil COM's a legend, but the last time he tore it, he couldn't walk. He sat in a chair with genesis. Yeah, he sat there and he sang as best as he could. But you went because it was like last time to see him. And you know Elton John, Elton John's been on a farewell tour for seven years. He played his last show a couple of nights ago. He played his last tour tour show. Yes, tour, he'll probably do some billy Joel does pop ups. But he did his last tour show the other night. Yeah. But when I saw it in John in twenty nineteen, four years ago, he was like god, oh yeah, God camp damn. You know, there was no he didn't announciate eight.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, but you go for the piano and the costumes and the whole thing. You know the words, You don't need him to know the words, right and when that's a telltale sign right there they can't hit those notes when they oh, when they allow the crowd to sing and they point the microphone the crowd. Yeah, so here's a question speaking of singing. I saw this on Facebook and then I saw it again on Instagram. If someone had a gun, now I know what I said. I'll tell you my answer. If someone had a gun to your head and you had to sing one song perfectly from start to finish or you'd be dead, what song would it be? Twinkle Twinkle Little Star?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 1: I said, happy Birthday. It didn't say how simple the song could be. But let's say it. Let's say it had to be a real song. I value my life, I know, but let's what song would it be? So your idea, the question you're really asking is what song do you think? You said you you sing really well and I mean jump around that you wouldn't mess up, not vocally, I mean lyric wise, lyrically you will lyrically right, Oh yeah, because even jump Around it's a rap song and it's got some lines in there that I usually flub. Well, I would have to go with it. It would have to be a Beastie Boys song, maybe something from Paul's boutique, my favorite Beastie Boys album, you know, and I like the first song on that album. Uh, I know, no rock a house party at the job of ad down with a lumina bat and so people they be talking just to hear me rock the mic. They'd be staring at the radio, staying up all night like that. That's the Beastie Boys. Yeah, but you couldn't do the whole song. Oh man, there's a lot of d lines in it. Yeah. I guess I'd have to pick something like a ballad. Yeah, I think you know what I would. I would pick what the song? Tequila? Tequila? That's it. Pick a real song, that's a cop out, that's a real song. Okay, a real song. Then I'm picking Tequila. It's got one word, Tequila? What I pick? Yeah, that's got no words? Right, No, I think it has to have words. So Tequila is like it's the fewest words of any song because it's only got one. I mean, the songs with words, it's the fewest aside for first. Yeah, it's gotta be there's gotta be another one word song out there that all they do is say the same thing. Yeah. Uh so you said you're a big fan of the Beastie Boys. Can we talk about your METS experience? What do you want to talk about? Should do that now when we come back. I think when we come back. We'll talk about that because I have a bone to pick with you, and and the slices for that matter. Okay, So a couple of weeks ago, while we were on vacation, Yeah, I had this opportunity to go to a Met game where before the game they were going to be mock telling, like they were serving mocktails at a mocktail event. It was a almost like a mocktail gate, but it was inside of the of the Piazza Club, which is a beautiful space, and it was in conjunction with a company that says it's called absence of Proof, where you don't have to have liquor. Yes, hit the jingle with the jingle. What are you talking about? Hit the jingle?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 1: I went out to an event mocktawl, Hit hit I don't have to hit no jingle on that. What are you talking about? The jingle? Your son of a bitch? What do you mean?
Speaker 7: That was?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: They were a sponsor, So your sponsor, You got paid to go and you said, hey, Brody, would you like to go and hang out with my sponsored event and then we'll hang out at the Met game? And I said, well, you want to drive I'll come get you. But it was for a good cause, and the proceeds from the event were going toward a foundation called the Amazing the Amazing Mets Foundation. Yes, it was all so I said, I'll meet you at your house and one of us will drive. We already had a parking space reserved. And then you were like, oh, I may want to go straight into the city and hang out with my friends. I don't know. It was the promote out. It was with the room non alcoholic drinking. You don't like alcohol, it's a perfect fit for you. You don't like Okay, you don't drink, hold on, I have a case caloh and milk. Anyway, I would have had to come to you. And then you're like, I want to take the train. I don't know how I want to get there. I'm going to go into this city. It was a whole lot of whatever. It couldn't just be let's go in a car together and make it so. Anyway, by the time you finally said I'm going to go buy car, I couldn't get to you, and then to the game in time. There was traffic. It was too late. I couldn't go. So you went and talk about well, I want to hear all the things you did because it's amazing. But when you got there, who put this woman next to you? How did this happen? This woman? Well, okay, basically the app I'm not even gonna say the name because you're gonna make me play productions of proof. The Mocktail Company was promoting non alcoholic drinking and they were selling a package to the Met game where you would before the game come and party at this event. And basically the ticket package will include food, drinks, fake mocktails, and tickets to the game and like the next weekend and proceed for the whole weekend, and the pro seas of the event go toward the Amazing Mets Foundation, which is basically a Mets charity. Yeah and yeah, So so the woman there was a woman that when you were talking to her, I was talking kind of things that just what you say to her. They're like, hey, scary, this is Alex and she's the head of the foundation, the Amazing Mets Foundation. I'm like, oh my gosh, great to be here. So I'm like, I'm having a good time tonight and we're just chatting, rapping, you know, talking about the Mets. Having as deject here for a moment, You're not going interject here for a moment. You're telling me this story. Now, As a Mets fan, I follow my team, and as a Mets fan, I follow them on social media. And as a Mets fan, I know who Alex is because I've seen her on Instagram and on television. I know who Alex is. In fact, her nickname is Tia Alex, meaning aunt Tia, I mean aunt Alex, right Alex. So she's she's well known to Mets fans. You don't know who she is. You're talking about talking to her like a regular listener or like the owner of the Foundation. And I'm like, yeah, I'm like and she's a huge fan of Elvista, of Elvistair Morning Show, of Me, of you, of you know. I don't know if she knows about told me. She asked about me, I ask about the Brooklyn Boys, Popey. She did not ask about her podcast. So, so she you were talking a very important question, you said, So what did you say that? You said? So? I said, oh, so you're with the foundation and what do you what do you do? What do you do for the Mets? Right? And what was her answer? Her answer was very simple. She says, I own them. Now, that's not a Joe was talking to the owner. So that so Steve Cohen is the owner of the Mets and his wife is the owner of the Mets. They make it a point to point out the two of them own the Mets. They own the Mets. So you're talking to the to the owner of the team, one of the two owners of the team, right, Alex Cohen, And you don't know who she is, and you're like, oh, what do you do for the Mets? And then she points to your Met shirt and she says, I own that, and she plays the stadium, own this, I own it all. Been very fun, big last big lass. That was not sad, big media with the oldest. I watched the team, I watched the players, I watched the games. I'm living the heartaches. I've turned them off by the way. I can't watch them anymore. They I'm watching it tonight. It's Star break. Listen, it's the All Star break. I get it. But the thing is people can be fans of teams, but they don't need to know the owner's wife or the owners. I know, but she has such a large social media presence. She does. She does, and you should at least know you knew her name was Alex, right you were talking to her. I didn't put two and two together that I was talking to the Alex because I didn't think that that the Alex, owner of the Mets, would be talking to me. So colloquial, colloquial, colloquial, colly, you know what I'm like, just matter of fact. Yeah, I wouldn't expect that from her because she's the owner of the team, and she's you know, she's got you know, big you know, pants to fill, a big you know, she's got a lot going on. She's I didn't think that she'd be there hanging out of the mocktail event talking to the common man, talking to me and and a fan of Showy. Yes, I was. She gave you an amazing tour of the stadium and that's what you missed out. Yeah, because you decided and oh oh we got I got traffic. I don't want to I can't make it there in time, I said, bro, I got that. I couldn't make it to the pregame. I couldn't make it to your tour. You were like, oh my god, I'm eating again to come here. It's an hour and a half. I can't just come there. So she said, come on, let's go on the field. I'm like, huh. So we went down on the field. We went into the Mets dugout. I went put to the helmet rack famous, the famous picture, the video that you would see on TV. The I took one of the batters, you know, one of the practice bats, because I didn't want to you spook out any of the players by touching theirs, but they all had number don't. No, no, I'm not touching their bats. Although you must have touched Peter a Lonzo's bat because he hasn't had a hit in a while. I did not touch any of their bats. Let's make that clear for the record. It was one of the practice, the warm up bets. Okay. So the point is, yeah, fast forward. I mean, and I'm sitting there and I'm dying because I'm like, I'm not there. Brody. Brody's not to hear. Brody needs to be here now. And so that that's where the slices come in. They're like, oh, so you didn't take Brody to this, Huh you couldn't yet, No slices you only know half the story. I tried, I begged, and I pleaded for Brody, the number one met fans, to be there with me. He did. And what did Brody say? I didn't know that that was going to be the way it was. He just said, it's gonna be a fun time. Come and I wanted to. We just couldn't coordinate. He didn't tell me till three o'clock. Wasn't enough time for me to take care of the dogs and and and leave the house. You know, no one was home. Unfortunately, whatever Brody, you left out on that one. However, Scary said that that tia Al is a fan of us and me and my and our and our phone tap she was quoting phone taps. She was she's a hardcore listener to the morning show. And she told you, anytime you want to come to a game, bring Brody and you can sit in her box. Correct she did? Well, yeah, she said, let's she says, let's coordinate, and I'm in inviting you. I'm inviting you up to my suite. So I sent her a direct message on Instagram yep, and I said, I'm so sorry I missed out on the tour and I'm sorry, I wasn't there. I understand you what you asked about me. I'm flattered. I would love to come anytime, you know, maybe next time. Thank you so much, but I please understand I couldn't make it, and you know whatever, And she said, so she wrote me back within fifteen minutes. Ah, we missed you. You should have been there, she said. I'm going to put you in touch with my assistant and anytime you want to come and sit in my box, we'll go to a game.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: You know, we'll figure out your schedule when when the Mets come home, and absolutely you'll come out. So we have we have a makeup date. Booh yeah, tell me about that until just now, are you waiting to tell me? As a super waiting to tell you? I haven't seen you. You've been on a plane, in a pool and a party. Good? All right, So so this will work out for you. But can we do it in a better year? I mean, this is terrible? What's not all right? We'll go to a game. You have to go now so that when when they are better, we can we can get in anyway. I love I love her and Steve also, from what I understand, is a fan used to wait. I used to call up and try and get in on jingle ball tickets like for Z one hundred. I mean it's I mean, yeah, the family is local and fun and you know, her dad was there at the game. It was fun to see him, you know. Nice. Yeah. So anyway, yeah, I got introduced to him as well. So yeah, God bless them, God bless their family. Love this. So God bless the Mets. Hey, now can we get some hits and runs please? Yeah. Anyway, so that's that. What else I did? Yeah, so I went to Costa Rica. I'm not going to bore you all the details, but I did go to Costa Rica. A buddy, okay, perfect, a buddy of mine came with me, and he's a big fisher fisherman, I mean, takes fishing very seriously. And I don't know if you know this, but Costa Rica is one of the fishing capitals of the world. In fact, they have huge worldwide fishing competitions right there in the area we were staying in. So my buddy is like, it's been a lifelong dream, always wanted to come to Costa Rica, always wanted to go fishing. He went out on a boat and came back with sixty pounds of yellow fin tuna. I don't know if you're a fan, Brody, but it's life. I don't know him. It's a light. It's life changing to taste to fresh caught tuna or any fish right off the boat. I mean they literally were like they got it, they cleaned it, and then they were slicing it. And it's sushi grade. So I'm eating it like like over rice and soy sauce. I'm like, this is crazy. This is like grade mean, sushi grade speaks to hold on, I don't want to get this wrong. We may have to. You used it in a sentence. Yeah, no, no, no, it's specific means sushi grade according to this is it uh ways of identifying fish that's deemed safer raw consumption. Sushi grade indicates which of their supply is the freshest, yes, high, highest quality and treated with extra care. So basically, when you eat the fresh fish, the fresher it is, the more sushi grade it is. So for instance, sushi that's flown in from Japan is sushi grade and called that at a sushi restaurant because it's super fresh, is the way I understand it, okay, did you eat Did you didn't eat the fish raw? Though I did some of it? Okay, because it's according to what I'm looking at, it says regular fish is not safe to be consumed raw the high higher likelihood of having parasites. But that's only that is certain types of fish from what I understand. Yeah, but anyway, then they cooked it. Then they cooked it on the grill, and then there was that. So so then there was like, you know, tune of that you want, so back to that, like eleven different ways in in in Costa Rica. And I had a chance to go on the fishing boat with him, and I decided talking about seeing your food alive and then eating it. Yeah, and and we talked about how we I couldn't do it, so you did it. Well, I didn't see it alive. I didn't go on the fishing boat.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: Oh, so the fish were dead by the time they got to the dock. Well, yeah, they they literally put it on ice. They they they cleaned it right on the boat. They did the whole thing run on the boat anyway. So so shout out to my boy Bart Bart, real estate Bart, thank you so much, real estate Old Bart. Yes, yeah, another friend with another name real estate. I want to talk about. Don't say anything. I want to play this clip of the of the the hotel you stayed at. Hold on, I don't have to answer my question that we're in sort of loutress Via. Yeah, so Scary was at Via Kayets. Well, that's where we went for a sunset. That's where we went for I didn't stay there. That place is fancy. They got weddings there. It's actually that is it now? Yeah? So the place is spelled c A L E T A S. And let's see how this travel agent and everyone else says it traveling that you can write it from beautiful. In today's studio, we're going to discuss my best hotel in Costa Rica Via that's right via collect us. Because one L is not pronounced. You know, I was a really I was an honored Spanish student. And you're right, my bad, I forgot the rules. Double L is pronouncing so hard. Yeah, yep, double L is pronounced yea and then single L is look okay, great, all right, you got no No, I'm just and it was funny. Way Picky Brody brod, he's coming out. That's not Nitpicky Brody, wait for sound. That was it. Wow, you're a dick today, I am.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: All right, we go to That was funny. It was funny because you were so proud of yourself. It was funny.
Speaker 5: It was.
Speaker 1: But that woman says it's the best hotel in Costa Rica, so you must have stayed in a nice place. Well no, we we went there for little sunset cocktails. And man, they talk about like holding you up at gunpoint. That is that place is really expensive? Oh okay, that they literally held you up. No, no, no, Manhattan Manhattan prices. Manhattan prices. All right, that's what I got for you. All right. Should we take a break?
Speaker 3: Ord?
Speaker 1: Now we should, But when you we come back, I'll tell you about my my my vacation experience serving jury duty. Oh okay the Glyn Boys podcast.
Speaker 8: We will be right back.
Speaker 1: So I got a postcard in the mail, I don't know, a couple of months ago that said you got to call the night before and set up a zoom that the first day. This is in New Jersey. I'm not giving anything away that's that's secret or private. The first day of jury duty is on a zoom call. You don't have to go in. Used to be you'd have to go in and sit in a room with one hundred and fifty two hundred people and sweat your balls off, and they would call twenty people at a time into another room, into a courtroom. They'd pick people, and if you weren't picked, you went home. Do you ever do that? Scary? Yes, except I got picked and I had to serve on a grand jury. And that was annoying because it was twelve or eighteen tuesdays in a row, and I remember that you were coming in with a suit every day and leaving in the middle of the show. It was terrible. Yeah, but that's that's grand jury. You were talking about petit jury, which is where you go you'd go every day, right, So this was criminal. So they so we're all in a zoom room. It's like two hundred and fifty of us in the zoom room and you camera are on, and they say you have to leave your camera on the whole time. They need to be able to see you.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 1: It's like you can put the zoom on and then go away. So she says, look, this is an inconvenience to everybody. I understand that, but when sometimes you have an inconvenience, you go with the flow, you make the best of it. And then she said, what other things can we do when something inconvenient happens in our life? And all of a sudden, all the microphones start opening up and people are throwing in cliches, you know, like you take the good with the bad, you know, and the right. So then so I put my I said, I moved to Canada. She didn't find that very funny. So anyway, so at least it's better than you take the good with the bad, like you're singing the facts of life jingle right right, take the good, you take the bad, you take them bout the dare you have the facts of life?
Speaker 9: Hey?
Speaker 1: Right? And you would think scary with a two hundred and fifty people in the room after three people give exam pmples not everyone needs to say the same thing right wrong. Everybody wants to have their name, her their voice heard. So you have to sit there while I would say forty people, uh you know, oh you know I do this and I do that, and I you know, I whistle and whatever. So everyone had to give their what they do when something happens. They don't like, so, okay, fine. Then the woman says, okay, everyone mute your mute yourselves, and of course, you know there's thirty people that don't know how to mute themselves, so they're still talking. She says, I'm making a PSA announcement. Ooh yeah, yeah, that's a that's a that's like an ATM machine and young number exactly. It's a public service announcement announcement announcement. Right. So she says, I'm going to do her name roll call. She said, now, look, some of you have difficult names to pronounce, but if I come close and you're pretty sure it's you, just say here, okay, well, I'm not going to be exact. I'm apologizing in advance. Yeah. So she's going through Mike Jones and Phil Goldstein or whatever, and she gets to this guy. Uh, his name is like ugly Agbaga. Now, if your name is ugly Agabagga wagga, you're pretty sure it's you. You're close because there's no mony. It's pretty I think, pretty damn cut and clear that you're the only person with that even close to that pronunciation right in the room. Yes, he hits his button and he goes, excuse me. He says, yes, it's pronouncedly a buck, look a walk a look at dishwasher or something. And I'm like, I really really had interrupt for that, like you didn't know that was you. So then she goes some more names, and she says Aviva Lopez, excuse me, and the woman says, yes, it's a vaya. The accents on the second see gives a fuck. Woman says you're taking roll call. You're taking attended right. The woman says, I don't care. Is it you? She goes yes, She goes, good, turn your mic off. Aha. Good. That must have hurt like every twelve seconds. Yeah. So then one guy says excuse me. She says, yes, I dropped my wallet on the floor. Is it okay if I pick it up? So she pauses, She goes, yeah, why not? Well you said we had to be on camera and if I bend down to pick my wallet up, I'll be off camera. Oh right, These are people, These are the people deciding who is guilty and who is not guilty. Okay. So she says, I'm going to open the floor up for ten minutes for questions and just questions but nothing to do with getting out of jury duty. That will all be explained by the judge when the judge comes on. Okay, so don't ask me any questions about getting out of jury duty. Do you have any questions about how it's gonna run or anything like that. I can answer those questions. Yes, yes, ma'am. My son has problems with his bowels right now, and he needs me. He has some growths on his colon, and he goes Okay again, I don't really want to know why you can't serve jury duty. I'm just telling you if you have any questions about jury duty, but as far as getting out of jury duty, the judge will talk about all of that. We'll get to that later. Right My mother needs I'm her, please please, no more questions about getting out of jury duty. This one on for five minutes, okay. Then she says, I sent you all a questionnaire. It's an email questionnaire. You can print it, you can read it, whatever you want to do. I sent you guys a questionnaire that in about forty five minutes when the judge comes on, he will go over it. If you have any questions about the questionnaire, save it for the judge. Shave it for the judge. Okay. All of a sudden, all the little hand lights go on. Yes, I don't understand question two. Okay again, please don't look at the questionnaire until the judge comes on. Please do not scary twenty five people? Right then, the twenty sixth person, The twenty sixth person says to her, ma'am, I just want to say it's obvious that you have a very difficult job, and I know that people are asking questions and it's very frustrating. So I just want to say you're doing a great job. That's nice, right, that was nice. That is nice to that person to say another microphone, I'd like to second that you are fantastic and you're doing a great job. We're all very happy we have you. Okay, okay, thank you very much, thank you. Scary fourteen people had to chime in and tell us she's great, and why say the same thing, And because I don't want it to be part of it, move on. I don't want to chime in. I can't want to be okay, what's wrong with that? This is a oh tod. I cannot stand the masses. I can't in situations like this, and the motor vehicles the same way. Yeah. So then she says, okay, I'm gonna give everyone a fifteen minute break. You can go to the bathroom or grab a snack. However, if you have any questions we haven't answered, that fall into the realm of questions. You can ask me. You can ask me during this fifteen minutes. So I went and got food. People were asking questions. We all come back at the end of the fifteen minutes. Guy hits it, flashes his hands. He says, yes, sir, can help you. He said, yeah, when don't we Uh Now, now this guy was asking questions the whole time. Okay, so the break is over and he says hey. She goes, all right, we're gonna now move on to the next phase. And he says, oh, wait a minute. You promised this to fifteen minute break. She says, yeah, you chose to ask questions. Well, I still want a break. She says, no, No, I said you can ask questions or take a break. So he said, well that's not fair. She's like, so the people one guy times in, he goes, what guy times? And he goes, hey, man, I shut up. I was about to say, was there any profanity or fights breaking out anything because at some point someone loses their patience and starts going off on another potential juror. Right, So the one guy was like, shut up, man. So that guy, that guy stopped asking questions. Okay. So she says, all right, you can look at your email and the judge will be on in a minute. Okay. So the judge comes on. The judge spoke about the case. It was a criminal case. I'm not gonna give any details. I don't know any details. And he said, they say, fill out the questionnaire. Okay. After we felt the questionnaire, a woman comes on and says, if you answered yes to any of the first fifteen questions, stay in this chat room. If you answered no to all the questions, then you can log off and you'll get an email telling you what time to in person tomorrow. You follow. If you answered yes yes even one question, stay here, don't do anything. But if you answered no to all of the questions, sign off now and you'll get an email telling you when to come in tomorrow. So okay, okay, So was this is this where the plot twist happens. Nope, So this is when people start going well, I only answered yes to four questions what do I do? I only answered yes to one question, what do I do? And then one goes again, if you answered yes to any questions? An just don't do anything one or more one or more anything? Right? Stay here? Okay, okay, what did you What was your answers? Did you do all knows? Was it? Yes?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 1: I answered yes to a couple of questions because I honestly answered yes to a couple of questions. Okay, all right, So everybody's gone and they they were in this room and the woman comes on and says, okay, all I need you to do is tell me what number question you said yes to. If it's more than one question, that's fine, but just tell me any one question you said yes to. Yep. So they started calling names and the first guy says, uh, yeah, I don't trust the cops. Seven or whatever it was. She goes, all right, you're dismissed. Now. Now some of them were like, like, do you have a problem with people of races? Like you have a U see race or whatever, And the guy's like, yep, you're that guy's out of jury duty. Done so, so people were now they don't you don't say, but you didn't have to say anything, you just had to give a number number so as, but only the first guy was like, yeah, I don't trust cops. But that was one of the questions, like would your opinion be suayed because this case involves police officers. But the people were answering the numbers scary. I can't tell you. I can't believe there's that many people in the jury in any in America. Yeah, that feel like some of those numbers, well, maybe they were just trying to out smart the system and get out of jury duty because they heard from their friends and family that that's how you get out of jury duty is by being biased, because we've all heard that. I get it, and I get it. But you could have said, like number two, right, number two. I don't remember what number two was. I just remember number two was like not really into this, right, But like some of them were like hardcore offensive, and people were like choosing to say that. I think they believe they were like either they actually believed, well no, no, I think they believe because they were like it looks like they were going twelve. No, they were like twelve understood twelve all right. Well, then then once again we those people out anyway, don't you think? Yeah? I would, I would. I think this is part of the system. Yeah, yeah, absolutely part of the problems. Eight people. There's eight people left in the room. Earlier in this whole process, like an hour early, the woman who is administrating this says, okay, these are the date you may want to get a pen out. You'll get a follow up email, but if you want to know now this way you'll know if you have a conflict. These are the dates that this case is going to be held on. And it was like, I'm just going to make up names numbers July first, second, third, eighth, ninth and tenth, twentieth, twenty first, twenty second, twenty third, and August first, right, Yeah, like a whole bunch of dates. Okay. So people were like asking the judge like, oh, I have a surgery that day whatever. So an hour later, as there's only like six of us left and I'm waiting for my name to be called, the woman says, can I excuse me a second? That keep in mind everyone in this room said yes, and since you said yes, you're going home, correct, right, we've established that scary Yeah, everyone in this room is going home everyoneye just give you a number and you're out. You don't have to come back with three years. I'm waiting. I'm waiting to say my number. And she says, I hate to interrupt, but could you go over the dates again of the trial? And so I turned my mic on and I said, lady, you're getting out of jury duty. What do you need the dates for? And so one other guy goes, yeah, what do you need the dates for? She's like, oh, I want to know if I have to appear, what dates I have to calm? I need to write them down. So then the woman who's runing to think says, ma'am, if you're in this room, you don't have to search your duddy. What number did you check yes to? And she says the numbers and she's like, go home, you're done. Will you imagine you're asking the dates of the trial after you've basically been told you're going on. That's like, hey, we have no homework today. You're all dismissed. Oh wait, but wait a second, we really should be concentrating on chapter six of this because we needn't do that. Ah, fuck you, fuck you powers. Everybody that was everybody that all of them. Wow, they all wanted to be on the mic. They all wanted all hit that button. I'm gonna hit this button right now because I can't take any more of this. Okay, is this the episode called Two Angry Men? Isn't every so called back with Siri and Rody Man? You got you got problems? You got problem here in Riversey? I have a problem. Well, this is more of a question. I'm gonna throw it out to you, and the slices may may jump down my neck or my throat at whatever it is about. But I was one of the things I did on vacation was go to the Jersey Shore like I always do every year. And i mean, let's face it, I had some decad and dinners and lunches, places whatever. But on the way back on the last day, my girlfriend and I wanted something healthier, like we just need to eat healthy. Let's google something and we'll get it. On the way drive back from the Jersey Shore up north, and we stumble upon an organic place, a place that's like super organic, super healthy. It was like eight nine o'clock in the morning when we woke up and we were on Google Google Ratings, and I'm like this place gets a four point five, four point six and it's organic and look at the menu. It looks amazing. It's in Red Bank. Let's stop there on the way home. Okay, great, So we were just getting psyched for like the organic avocado toast whatever. You know. They had a lot of fun things, right whatever, that sounds perfect for me. And I said breakfast is served until eleven, or can order breakfast until eleven whatever it was. It was eleven o'clock cut off. Okay. So I'm driving up the shore and now I'm starting to sweat. So I'm like, uh oh, I'm like there, we hit traffic. We're not gonna make it there for eleven o'clock. You just know it's gonna hap sweating from all the unhealthy food you've been eating. Maybe that I had to meat sweats that as well. That's in addition too. And then we get there, pull up ten fifty nine, run out, go inside this takeout slash sit down cafe type place, and already I was like hi, and they're like can we help you? And like yeah, and they're like the menu is right there and I'm looking down and it says lunch, and then all the lunch menus are like, oh, we're the breakfast menus, and she goes, oh, yeah, we just put them away. She says, we're doing lunch now. And I look at my phone. I'm like, huh, it's eleven o'clock on the dot. And then I look back up at her and then she goes, yeah, she says, we're doing lunch. I said, yeah, Well, listen, we came for breakfast. It took a while for us to get here. I'm in the middle of deep into a neighborhood in Red Bank, not even like on a main street. I'm at a place that could obviously use the business. There were some people in there eating, there was no line, and eleven o'clock, let's face, it is an in between hour. So when you want to cut off breakfast at eleven, I understand you want to switch things over. Sure. McDonald's did that forever right. Well, don't you think she could have extended the courtesy that I walked in at eleven o'clock eleven zero zero and and and and allowed me to order my breakfast? What what if what changed in the sixty seconds prior to me walking in in the back. Okay, we're gonna play a game. You're gonna ask me that question, and you get to decide if you want me to answer as Brooklyn boy Brodie, Okay, guy who goes to restaurants, I'll do that right, or if you want me to answer as former guy used to work in manage restaurants, I'll give you both. Let's do both. Well. Before before I even asked that question, let's let's make it clear to the slices. Both of us have been in this situation where we worked. We worked counters, deli counters and grills and things were and we've done breakfast turning over into lunch. We've worked lunch to dinner, and we've worked dinner to close in. We've worked closing shiftye. Okay, before I go any further, I'll say this, going in and ordering the breakfast at the right at the last second is not the same of walking in at eight o'clock for we close at eight o'clock. Because we've talked about it on this podcast in a previous episode, how they start seven forty five, seven thirty, you're starting to close things down, You're starting to wipe down machines, put things away, wrap things up. We get that I guess although you might have had a gripe when you walked in at seven forty five and you couldn't be served your food for an eight o'clock closing. No, you do that well, but we've and we recognize that. However, when you're turning breakfast over to lunch, all you're really doing is maybe moving the bacon aside, taking the grease off the grill, changing a grill over because you have to get getting the eggs out of there, and putting over it and turning it over, flipping for lunch, maybe turning on the charcoal grill for like to grill burgers. Whatever it is. The flipover from breakfast to lunch is And by the way, you're at a wall. It's not like they're serving a line of people constant line coming in. There was no one in front of us, and there was no one in the back of us, and everyone sitting down had breakfast in front of them, so they were just at this sitting there at this lull and here I come at eleven o'clock sharp. Yeah, So yeah, go ahead, brody, what would you do? You don't think for not giving me because it's not like I walked into a quarter after eleven. It was eleven o'clock, all right, So let me answer as former restaurant manager. So I'm speaking for all of you who've worked in restaurants, who are listening, who want who want to break your phone right now? You are like, it's more than that. So when you have a breakfast service, you might have a steam table, which is a table filled with hot water. It's like a it's got a heating element in it and you put metal pans in it with sauces and gravies and things. You may have all of your hot stuff in there for breakfast, your hot syrups, your your egg your your pre scrambled egg fluid ready to go for attack eggs. A lot of places don't crack eggs like part water one hundred eggs and they beat them up in a blender and this way they can just laydle the eggs onto the grill. You've now scraped all the bacon off the grill. You've now taken your refrigeratable toppings, maybe your your strawberries and berries that are in the cold section of your counters for your service. Uh probably at a quarter to eleven you took them out. You started wrapping them in saran wrap because you know you didn't need them. You've already put your stuff in for long now, you've got your burgers and your American cheese, and all your buns are out, and they've read doone the whole thing, and so there's a lot to it. So I would imagine to go back into the walk in refrigerator and and try to get you the eggs and and maybe you want something that has like six ingredients. It's very difficult, and I totally understand what they're saying. Now, would you like to ask me again as Brody from the bunkt Yeah, the Brooklyn Boyd Brody from the podcast The Brody that I know and love, Yeah, what they were being assholes?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 1: They could have they could be. Honestly, before you answer, let me say I think, and again, this is not an intentive entitlement. This isn't me being Boogie scary. I personally feel that you could have made it happen. If you any anything you answer your point, anything you ask I could happen can be made. You can make it happen if you really wanted to. They didn't want to. They were being douches. M Okay, now do you want me to respond to brody? Fuck those people. Yes, they could have beaten a couple more eggs. They could have gone in the walk in. They could have you know, got me the sauce. They could have said, you know what, here are the five things that we could still make. Would you like one of these five things? Would you like an omelet? We have the ingredients for the omelets. We just can't do. We can't do on the grill. We can't do it. Whatever. We can't do a patty melt with eggs in it. Whatever. They could have limited you and said these three things we can serve all day, and they think these things we can't. We can't do a Belgian waffle because the waffle makers clean, but if you would like you know this and some toasts, we can do that on a muffin. They could have been a little flexible. I guess, yeah, my guess. The owners of the business weren't even present, and it was just a bunch of people working. And that's terrible because once again it's bad customer service. I've come from I'm a new customer, and I've come from the Jersey Shore, and you clearly see me passing through and I'm new here, I'm not a regular. Well all the more reason you're not a regular, which means you're not gonna come back either way. Well, I nay, that's the thing. You may have found a new fan in me. Now I'll fucking never go back there. So we look back at her, We look back at the menu. We loo looked at each other, me and Robin, and we're like Robin and I and we're like like, all right, you know what. And we sat there and we looked at the lunch menu to try and get on board. But it's eleven o'clock. It's not twelve or one, and we were craving breakfast. It was eleven o'clock on a holiday weekday pretty much. It was the day. It was July fifth, and I'm like, just don't want I don't want lunch right now. Fuck it. And I looked at her and I said, now we're good, and then we just and at that point, then don't you do something to real the customer back in. You really want to lose business over this again. You're at a lull. There's no one in front of you know, one behind you. There's no activity, there's just the people sitting down already eating with their breakfast, and you don't want to make a simple accommodation for maybe one or two of the menu or make a compromise. You said this was a healthy place. Fuck you. Yes, so they probably looked at you when he's not coming back. And I'm not pitch organics. You did not look old in Red Bank, Yes, yes, you know Bank, the home of Telesio's, the deli that I that I went to and I told you they do fantastic TikTok video. It's like you're a neighborhood place in the middle of nowhere. You're not even on the front street. You're not even on the main you know, you know people will find you the order. I get it. You know, some people may make you know you have a cult following. But but really, you're being so nitpicky. It was It wasn't It wasn't eleventh already, it wasn't even ten after, it was eleven o'clock on the dot. Nothing changed. If I would have came into ten fifty seven, you would have offered me breakfast.
Speaker 7: It was.
Speaker 1: But you know what, it's the principle behind it. Because people are robots and they can't think out of the box, and they don't. They don't want to do a damn thing to to to make any kind of you know, accommodation to the customer. Okay, you know you remember there, remember a few episodes ago when one hundred people left voicemails talkbacks that I didn't hear the s in that commercial. All right, I would like slices. I'd like you to go on the iHeartRadio, I hit the little talkback feature and leave scary a message. Was he right? Was he wrong with this restaurant? And please, if you do work in a restaurant, please make that part of your response. I work at a restaurant. I would have served scary. I work in a restaurant. Fuck Cam, he's not getting by the way, And whether it be Milli or anybody, it doesn't have to be Scary Jones. It could be would you serve scary? It could be just any Joe smoke beers, I think. But in this right, in this situation, you don't have to work in a restaurant. If don't work in a rest that's fine. But if you do, point it out. But if you don't work in a restaurant, you can still say as a customer you would have wanted the food, or as a customer, you would have under did not throw my name around, and I didn't, And I was just I was going in as undercover shopping that name around, well you know I was undercover shopper, and I didn't. I wouldn't. I was not expecting. I was not expecting any VIP treatment. But you didn't say anything like, you know, no we normally eat breakfast on the morning show at seven am. Oh no, it was. It was very quick. It was I was in, I was out. But but nobody should be treated that way. Everybody should be you know. You know you want you're running a business and you want to make a profit. This is you're turning away money. How do you do that? All right? Well, I said, I've said what I said quick. I have a very quick restaurant story. I want to know your opinion. Yes, sir, I went for dinner last night. And I'm not going to out them as a bad thing because it was. It was a good We had a good time. Went to a restaurant. It's spelled alice a l i ce, but it's announced a leech. Hey, it's all over TikTok. Anyway, we went for there was a lobster dinner last night, right. It was a special price fixed meal, and we went. It was very nice. But I looked at the menu, and I looked at the TikTok videos, and I saw on the menu, you know, on the TikTok videos that the lobster role, which is the second course, comes with pickles on the side. So you know, me, uh, I'm up, I'm not getting pickles on my plate. And so my wife is looking. She doesn't She's like, I didn't know there was pickles on there. I'm like, oh, yeah, look I screamshot at it from TikTok and she says, oh, look there's dil on top of your on top of the lobster role. I said, ooh, good catch. My wife knows I don't like dill. She may have heard the podcast. So, by the way, shout out to all the people that sent me Dill Dill Doe jokes this week about the people making dough with dill in it and called it dildo hilarious. Yeah. So the waiter comes over and he comes take an order, and I said, I would like the lobster bisc and I would like the lobster roll, no pickles on the side, and if you don't mind, can I have it without dill? He says, I'll ask the chef. I'll be right back. He comes back. He says, I'm sorry, said the dill is already in a lobster hole and can't take the dill out. I said, all right, you know what, I love lobster roll. I'll make it work, no problem, out for a nice dinner. My wife, Wow, no problem, you you allowed the dial hold on? Oh, so I said to my wife, I go, you know what, they probably made a whole batch of lobster roll with mayonnaise and whatever else they're put in it. It's probably like a big thing. And this, you know, the dill's aerty in there. What are you gonna do? So I said, I'll pick the dill out. And she said, look, because my wife wanted a different second course, she said, look, if if it's too dilly, we can switch appetizers. What is the what's the dilly? What's the dilly? So look, my wife's the best, that's why she's my wife. So she said, I will switch with you. If it's too dilly for you, I will eat it and you can have the barada and whatever. She ordered that lobster in it also, I said, that's fair. Okay. So the lobster roll comes to the plate. No pickles, very good. The lobster role has two sprigs of dill on top, like little bushes. So I take them off and I'm looking at the rest of the lobster role for dill. There's no dill. Oh, there's no deal. Scary, the dill was on top, So explain. So explain to me why they weren't able to not put the dill on top. They brought it out because they're robots. Once again, No, they're or they don't know what dill is, so they just know that it's part of the dish. They couldn't identify that that was dil. He's here. Here are the options that I came up with. Number one, the waiter never asked the chef, and he knows there's no substitution, so he didn't bother even asking. Probably number two, the chef said, my creation needs green and it must have dill on top, and he was offended by not throwing the two sprigs at dill on top. What other explanation could it be you could have easily served it. It wasn't like okay, it wasn't like they pre made lobster roles one hundred at a time, even if they did. I was easily just picked the dill off I was picturing. I was picturing the dill mixed in the mayo inside that. That's what I thought. That's what my wife thought when she said I'll eat it if it's if it's mixed in. It was two sprigs on top of this, you know, the six inch lobster role. But the ship we couldn't do that. It's already pre you know, it's already we can't do it. We can't serve it without dill. Or the waiter didn't know what dil was. He then you asked the chef, You say, hey, hey, kitchen staff, can I have it without dill? And they would have been like, yeah, dude, we'll just throw it on top. Of course, if it was and this was at a fancy place. Oh Alich has a beautiful restaurant. Consider themselves the best caccio pepe raveoli in the city. They say so, the chef was probably it was probably that, you know, the chef being you think it was a chefy this is it's an Italian place. Nobody with my creations. Yes, this is my Dilon, it's not now he's French. It puts it delon and he does not likes it. Dear, he's too good. Go so eat somewhere else, right, Yeah, I'm picturing that. Yeah, I pictured Dylan my but it was no, it was on top. I've never had that. We can't. I can't serve without dill. All right. You imagine that's like I'm sorry, we can't serve diet coke with no ice. The ice must be in there. The chef says it must have ice. It must have ice. That's how I felt. Yeah, but I would recommend the restaurant, all right, really nice place West thirteenth Street between six and seven. Not a sponsor, not a sponsor. We had a great meal. We have some sound coming up and a few talkbacks from the holiday. Okay, nice.
Speaker 2: Podcast.
Speaker 1: Man, you've been hard at work, brody nitpicking things on sound. I have seen five pieces of sound. How many are nitpicky brody things? Okay? Can I tell you something? When you do a morning show, does the DJ say here's a song that sucks? No? They go on the air and they say, oh my god, here's the new one from whoever. And they don't like it. Right, they don't like it. Any radio show, any rady DJ. You don't like all the songs he or she, there's something they don't like, but they sell it because that's their job. You're my buddy, I am your buddy. But then shut up and play them. But I will say this. I'll say this you. You know there are times, you know, there are times where you pull sound and then we listen to it and we're like, you're right, what is that like? You really? If you die, you ruined your day. I don't want to edit it out. We do what we do here, so I know all this. I don't know one of these where where the the word was pronounced possessive, no and not. I'll tell you what. I'll tell you what. There was a guy during the submarine gate thing, right when they couldn't find the submarine where he said, the depths they go to are out of this world. I could have played that sound, because the bottom of the ocean is still part of this world. But I didn't play that sound. I only played these five. So let's play them okay, and we'll see if they know you. You know that you know, all right, here we go. You should hear what I didn't send you, all right, So this is uh, uh, tell me the name of the clip. I'll say, ye pass mustard. Oh okay, So this guy listen to what he says. He's talking about something, whether or not it's gonna work or not. Okay, So any idea that he's got some defense that this was all bluff, just is not going to pass mustard here, Yeah, it's not guys, you know, especially if you're in the military, it's must pass mustard or it's not going to cut the mustard. Right, So it's either yeah, it's military inspection. So that the phrase was it's not going to pass mustard, meaning your clothes on the wrinkle. They're not going to pass muster. He said mustard he conflated two. Yeah, yeah, because the other thing is is cut the mustard. That's a mustard. But he's like, this isn't going to pass the mustard. That's that's hysterical. Thank you, all right? This is uh the sonic Mutz sticks one. Okay, yeah, Uh. Listen to the way they pronounced the special at Sonic would you eat there? Scary Jones for.
Speaker 3: Seven deal, you get to choose the Sonic cheeseburger, chicken sandwich and six piece motsticks. If that doesn't sound.
Speaker 1: Wow, can you make that louder?
Speaker 6: Or no?
Speaker 1: It was very low.
Speaker 3: With the Sonic for seven deal, you get to choose from the Sonic cheeseburger, chicken sandwich and six piece motsticks.
Speaker 1: Go away and then he goes. If this doesn't not appealing to you, it does Mott Sticks. You want to hear that again? Close yep, Motz sticks.
Speaker 9: The motsticks mustick sire.
Speaker 1: I'll even okay, I'll even go with the Americanized national mozzarella. But they're not Motz sticks. Then Matt Mozzarell Muzzarella. It's hard to do it because I can't take I can't take the Brooklyn Italian accident out of it. So yeah, all right, it's okay. This is the uh which one is this? This is Rondon? Oh so there's a picture on the Mets on the Yankees. Rather, his name is Rodan rodn right. Some people pronounce it. There's different ways to pronounce it. R O d o n. Okay, listen to the announcer. The way he pronounces it twice and then goes to commercial and how he pronounced it when he comes back the Rodan Carlo ron Don made his all anticipated Yankee debut. We'll show you how ron Don did and it was worth the wait. That's how he did it. Before we're going to see how ron Don did well commercial. Someone clearly corrected him during the break and got in his ears. Tretch, not ron Don. And this is what he said on the way back taking his spot, Carlos Rodon. There you go. So he made it. They fixed it. They fixed it. Okay, we were talking about accents and you talked about the you know, Mott sticks. Have you seen this? I sent it to you. The girl saying bagel, who's clearly from the Philadelphia area. Oh yeah, I said that guy making fun of it. I watched the video bagglegel. Here we go. He's talking about the reason why bagel fins. Here we go. Hold hold on, hold on now. The reason a bagel is.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm meaning?
Speaker 1: A bagel. I like to put on my bagel. Sometimes I like to put banking on my baggle.
Speaker 5: I'll chase it.
Speaker 1: That was a gotchap. I'm but that sounds like a South Park skit. Yeah, so that was the guy making fun of the way she said bag I often suspect that people mispronounced things on purpose just to go viral like she did. There's no way she doesn't. People say baggle in the in the outskirts of Philly and Delaware. I'm telling you, I know people who say bagle really, and they say eiggles instead of eagles, the iiggles, the eagles, the eiggles. Yes, the Philadelphia accent. There's certain yeah, good baggles. All right, Well, we're gonna play some talkbacks on the way out of here.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: I gotta be honest, Brody. Not a lot of activity, not a lot. We were on vacation, and by the way, I'd like to apologize, we did not do a good job of telling you that we were going on a two week vacation. This is the same two weeks that the Morning Show takes off every year. In fact, I made a joke, since I'm not on the Morning Show that even though I'm home all the time now, I pretended for two weeks I was on vacation exactly. So I kept thinking about how many days i'd left to vacation. I'm still on vacation, but yes we're back. We're sorry for the for the for leaving and not being blatant about being on We shouldn't. We forgot. People know we take this two weeks every year at this time, but okay, we shouldn't assume that. And here's a talkback from episode two sixty one. I don't know what this is, but let's play it fun.
Speaker 10: Hey, it's Lauren from Orlando, Florida. I just wanted to talk a.
Speaker 1: Little bit about.
Speaker 10: The being at fault and being in control of your car at all times. When I was in New Jersey still, I was at a stoplight and it was snowing, and the light turned green and then my car hydroplane going about five miles per hour making that turn, and my insurance fucked me because they said that I needed to maintain control of the car.
Speaker 1: So fuck you insurance. Fuck you insurance. And this goes to the points to the fact that I would say, and I'll always say that if you're in a motor vehicle, ninety ninety nine percent of the time, if you're at fault, just saying sucks, but it's true. You have to be in control of your car. So yeah, all right, here's another one.
Speaker 8: Hey, guys, this is Rashawn Williams, and I just want to say everything you guys do is great. I'm the biggest fan of the whole Pride thing, but I think you guys are great. You make me laugh every time I listen to you, and I love the fact that you do what you do. God bless you. Oh and Scary, keep pimping, bro, keep pimping. Well, Pee, I am p.
Speaker 1: I don't know what you heard about me, but I'm a mother vuger p imp. Hey did you see McDonald's. McDonald's like totally copped out on Pride. They just decided to celebrate Grimace's birthday for the entire month of Is that because he's purple and they're just trying to sell They're trying to show him, Hey, let's celebrate it's Grimace's birthday month at McDonald's. And everything was like Grimace branded. Well. I like the purple shakes and all the videos people are doing with the purple shakes. The purple shakes, I got that once. I got the purple shakes. Probably when you weren't eating healthy on the Jersey Shore Hey, Brody is scary e man not from here?
Speaker 6: Also or Manny originally from Brooklyn. Hashtag tribashtacs flies for life. In regarding to the conversation about the pedestian that jumps in front of a car, they would only win in a court of lord if there's no if there's zero footage, or zero if there's no surveillance footage. But if there is footage, they would probably never win in a court of low if they jumped in front of the car.
Speaker 1: Well, that's cold insurance for insurance front. Yeah, I told you, well, yeah, but once again, it's if there was no video on that, you know, they might they may have won it. I'm just he's trying to take both sides of that argument. Okay, there, Brody, what's the matter. Yeah, I'm good, Yeah, Yeah, I'm good. I'm waiting for the next one. Okay, it comes the next one.
Speaker 6: Hi, it's not gonna get Also, I forgot to say Brody is right. The one time that Brody was wrong, we got like five hundred talk backs.
Speaker 1: Yes you did.
Speaker 6: And now that Brody is right, where are all the Brody fans? Why aren't all the wicked fans coming in every week, except the scary hides them to say that.
Speaker 1: I play everything we play and enjoy. All right, thanks buddy, all right, there you go. I like that man. I do too. He's a good man.
Speaker 8: Hi.
Speaker 5: So I'm at a bar and I'm trying to figure out this song.
Speaker 1: He said, instant and.
Speaker 11: Instant, and then I think it's I like to kick it, and then it goes into like a.
Speaker 5: Mexican kind of thing.
Speaker 11: Somebody helped me out men since it's very loud, so I couldn't shoose them it anyway, hope sing Everybody's well, my name is Ada.
Speaker 5: And I live in Queen and a hair salon on Molly's hair Salon.
Speaker 1: By the way, shout out to Molly's Queen.
Speaker 5: Hold.
Speaker 1: We may have to go back that one again. So she's expecting us to come to the rescue on a song. Do you think she did? You think she was talking to the Brooklyn boys and she thinks she was talking to Ze one hundred. She's talking to me us, you me, It's okay.
Speaker 2: Let's she was.
Speaker 1: She was drunk and she hit the wrong button. I mean, she was cat. She's at the I love how she's at a bar. It's loud, and this is the time that she decides to uh to uh talk back.
Speaker 5: She works at the bar and I'm trying to figure out this song. It instant the stanst and then I think it's I like to kick it, and then it goes into like a Mexican kind of thing.
Speaker 1: Somebody helped me.
Speaker 11: Out then since it's very loud, I couldn't show them anyway. Ing everybody's well, my name is Ada and I live in Queen and a hair Salona Malia's hair salon.
Speaker 1: By the way, I like to kick it, lyric, I like to kick it. Uh this can I kick it? Tribe called quest? It's a little nots X song. Can I kick it? I know that? Or oh maybe it's uh, you gotta lick it before we kick it. No, that's an old song in the nineties. She says. It goes into a Mexican thing. Hey, things, I don't know if we'll ever be able to help you, but uh, it was worth the show. One recognizes that song. Please leave us a talk back, yeah, preferably from a loud bar, and let us know what song that is. Yeah, here's another one there with the.
Speaker 7: Name body is totally being a bully and my circle of friends, which is the same thing, especially if there's more than one of the same name. But all of our friends have names nicknames. For example, I'm Rock and Steve. We have Joan Chin because he has a big chin. That's fine, John Carping there because that's what he does. And on it must be an Italian thing.
Speaker 1: That body had no reference. Well for over there, okay, the first one, the first one. I think after two hundred and sixty two episodes, you know that I know Italian culture Brooklyn Italian culture. That does that have no reference? Friends with nicknames, honorary grief, Yeah, I would think I'm an honorary Italian. I was given scary grief because he named one of his friends Indian Matt. Yeah, not because he gave him a nickname. He named him Indian Matty the Chin, that Robert the Chin, whatever, that makes sense. He's got a big chin. I totally get that. But naming someone after their their country of origin, it seemed odd to me. If I knew Indian Matt first and then I met a white Matt would hold on, hold me, you're kicking it. What are you doing there? The first line of the song we'll kick it tonight. Matt's call I like to kick it. That's probably not it. Probably Nope, that's not it. As I was saying, yeah, if I knew, if I knew Indian Matt first and then I met a white Matt, Indian Matt would just be Matt. But what Matt would be White Matt because he's second. But why wouldn't it be Why wouldn't he be American Matt or or Italian Matt? What's his American Matt whatever, his grandparents from great grandparents, unless he's Native American. It's also syllable conservation. It's easier to say white than American white Matt. So two syllables to Matt. Two. But my point is no, it's not based on the culture. It's based on the descript and Indian Mats happens to be the second Mat, so he gets the descriptive, but he could have called him architective. He gets the adjective. It's that's the rule. The second person of that gets the adjective. The nickname's not the problem. The choice of nickname was the problem. You called him Indian Matt. I don't seem like it's like Chinese Pete. You look at be like, oh there's my friend Chinese peak. Okay, okay, all right, all right, next talkback.
Speaker 2: Brody and Scary John out in Texas listening back to all the episodes starting at episode one, not zero, but y'all are doing the startup song Startup, Startup, weed and Boys, and it just sounded weird as the original all I can think of as Brooklyn Boys.
Speaker 1: Oh he So this talkback was on commenting. Specifically, he was listening to episode number one, Birth of the Brooklyn Boys. So on that episode, I think we played Weed dem Boys, the original Weed and Boys, which is an actual song.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 1: And then it was weird for him to hear startup, Startup Brooklyn Boys because we then that's all we've played since then that I guess it does yep, And that's all our talkbacks, all right. So I got to that's what we got. It's been well, we're going to reinvigorate it. Here we are in the summer. Yes, we want to get to people at eleven o'clock lunch. People want your thoughts on whether or not we should have us. Scary should have gotten his food, his breakfast food. I should have gotten my breakfast food. Didn't get my breakfast food. But all right, well, okay, I'm gonna hold off for next week. Next episode, I'm gonna tell you about how my insurance company, Baton switched me and I said, if you don't call me back by tomorrow, I'm switching insurance companies. And they didn't call me back. Don't make promises you can't keep. That's correct, that's a song. That's a ye, boys shot brocol Broclym, Bob Poye, not brocly