Speaker 1: Hey guys, welcome back to Sunday Sampler. A bunch of clips from the podcast this week, so maybe you want to check it out. In the Vets Office with Doctor Josie Morgan from The Bobby Bone Show came on to talk about her pets adoption stories, how Remy became a therapy animal, and so much more.
Speaker 2: So we're going to start with that.
Speaker 1: Here's the clip of this week's in the Vets Office with Doctor Josie.
Speaker 3: You're listening to In the Vets Office with Doctor Josie Horschak.
Speaker 4: Do they sleep in your bed with you? Remy does.
Speaker 5: As you just heard the little scuffle between them. Remy doesn't really allow Hazel to come sleep in the bed. Sometimes she will if she's so tired. She doesn't pay attention because Hazel's a little sneaky. But yeah, Remy does. Hazel would love to whenever she does, especially when I go back home. They both sleep in the same bed together. But for some reason at my house.
Speaker 6: It's really so when you travel back to your hometown, they'll sleep in the same bed together.
Speaker 7: Ye.
Speaker 6: No, like we're not in our normal environment. We've got a band together.
Speaker 5: It's kind of like that because my parents have three dogs and they both kind of like like their space and they like being a little independent, so I think they choose to be together versus separate.
Speaker 3: On that that's totally fair. But then we go back home and it's all thanks for.
Speaker 6: This week only we are on the same team.
Speaker 3: It's funny how that works.
Speaker 6: And when we get home, it's over.
Speaker 3: Are you about to tell me not to let her sleep in the No?
Speaker 6: No, No, I'm definitely not. I feel like I'm like the fear of bad news.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 6: I have three dogs. Two of them sleep on the floor because they just get hot at night. And then my little ones like wrapped around my head.
Speaker 4: See, And I.
Speaker 3: Don't I get it.
Speaker 5: I know there's like, you know you sleep better or whatever. I'm like, honestly, I don't know that I would sleep better. I'd be like, where are you?
Speaker 3: Why won't you cuddle me? I like having used a snuggle.
Speaker 6: I love to sleep with my little dog. Biggie is his name.
Speaker 3: If his name is Biggie, he's a small dog.
Speaker 4: He's tiny.
Speaker 8: I know.
Speaker 6: His name when we adopted him was baby Bear, baby Bear, and he only came to the name baby and my husband was like, I'm not calling this dog baby. So we called him Biggie because it sounds, you know, similar to baby. Yeah, and he comes to Biggie though, he come, oh yeah, he's totally Biggie is for sure his name now. But no, like he's like my little space heater, and he's so cuddly and that I'm all about. If you want your pets to sleep in your bad with you, I support you.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: It's funny too when I'm on the couch hanging out with both of them, Like Remy will be cuddled like she's little spoon with me, and if I'm like kind of turned it all, Hazel will be in between my knees like back, and we're all just I'm just like, well, we're here until one of you moves back.
Speaker 6: You're like, I am just gonna have to hold it for the next twelve hours.
Speaker 3: That's exactly.
Speaker 5: Sometimes I will fall asleep on the couch if we're all peacefully sleeping there, I'm like.
Speaker 3: I'm just gonna sleep on the couch to night best.
Speaker 6: There's no better feeling.
Speaker 5: There really isn't, And I know there will become a day that I'm going to miss that. So I'm gonna soak it up every time that I can.
Speaker 6: So, you're single. Have you ever dated to anyone that didn't get along or like your pets?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, really no, I didn't date them for very long. That's what I don't know why I'm saying, really like I asked the question.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, it didn't last very long. That's honestly.
Speaker 5: One of my first questions before I even really start to consider even going on a date with them, is if they like animals.
Speaker 3: Because I am a massive animal lover.
Speaker 5: I me and you're producer of this podcast, have had this conversation I can't date a hunter, which is funny because yeah.
Speaker 3: I just I can't.
Speaker 5: I could if it was like out of sight, out of mind, you never bring it home. Yeah, but I just know most hunters that's not the lifestyle. No, And I just I love animals so much that if you don't, we're just going to be vastly on different scales, and you're also not going to understand me as a human.
Speaker 6: Being one thousand percent. It's like in your DNA. I feel like, if you're an animal lover and you know all their values, like finances, children, all of that, of course is super important, but like, if you don't like animals, that is right up there.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, and it's funny.
Speaker 5: I had I dated one guy and he oh yeah, all kinds and red flags, but he was actually really good to my animals. But something that's really important to me is that I if I see a straight animal, I am going to find a way to get it, and I'm gonna get it to safety.
Speaker 3: That's just all my plans will be curtailed. I don't care correct.
Speaker 5: And we were headed to dinner and I saw a dog. I was like, pull over right now, like I'm gonna go find out and he was like, no, we're not, and we're gonna keep going. And I sobbed about this dog I had never met in my life. But I was like, this is not going to work for me. And I remember like sitting in that car being like this is so important to me that I can't overlook this. We broke up for a multitude of other reasons, but that was something that really stuck in my brain. For future partners, Yeah, they have to be okay with this part of who I am.
Speaker 6: I feel like you at the first state need to be like would you or would you not stop on the side of the road for a straight animal. Just save us some time, Josie.
Speaker 5: There's also people that I've met who like purposely hit squirrels.
Speaker 3: Oh don't that Like I'm not kidding.
Speaker 5: Like they'll purpose and they'll see or they'll see possums or something. I'm like, stop, I don't what is that animal.
Speaker 3: Doing to you?
Speaker 4: I'm calling nine one one on them.
Speaker 3: That's how I feel.
Speaker 6: Not not only am I not gonna date you, You're going to jail. See that is horrible. Oh, the toothpaste one's funny. The toothpase story is funny.
Speaker 4: What's this?
Speaker 3: So I did?
Speaker 5: I did dat a guy, and you know, I brushed Remy's teeth every single night. Miss Hazel doesn't have to have her teeth brush teeth, but Rammy gets her teeth brush every night and it is with my toothpaste.
Speaker 3: So I never forget that this is something I have to do.
Speaker 10: Right.
Speaker 5: Well, I was dating a guy and we were at the point of him he was staying over and he had went into my wrathroom to brush his teeth and he came out and he was like, oh, that toothpaste is super weird. And I was like, what are you talking about? I have coldgate? Like, why is it weird? He's like in the green bottle and I was like, can you show me which one you use? And he comes out, I'm like, it literally says dog paste on this bottle.
Speaker 6: You're like, you just brush your teeth with the dog's toothpaste.
Speaker 11: I did.
Speaker 6: And you may or may not be illiterate because it says dog toothpaste.
Speaker 5: Oh, I guess says it Vet's best dog enzyme tooth face.
Speaker 6: Wait, that is disgusting. I they like put like chicken flavor in there.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah, that's why it tasted a little weird for this poor guy. And I was like, I'm really sorry, but that is not my toothpaste. And he's like, Noed, what did you guys? Yeah, we didn't work out for other reasons. But I'm I'm not sure if that did or did not play a part in that. It's very possible it did.
Speaker 1: Friday Night Read mentioned that that was a jam, but I believe if I'm correct, you wrote that I think Lady A cut it but didn't put as single.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it was on the on the Night record.
Speaker 12: And then you asked, Hey, you guys put a single? Do you care if I cut it and put it as single? Is that true?
Speaker 13: I actually was, I mean it was uh yeah. Basically I was playing a little show down in Birmingham and yeah, I got the one of the guys at the label, Kevin, came down and he came to the show and just after I played Friday night, he pointed out me.
Speaker 9: He said, there's your single, and I'm like, lady, hey, cut it, you know. From the stage.
Speaker 13: He goes in and put on the radio it's your single, Thanks Kevin, Keith Wildhearts.
Speaker 12: Yeah, man, how'd that one go?
Speaker 9: Uh? This goes out to the gift? Is all of the dreamers ready to fly?
Speaker 13: How like Whisper single that we were twenty I'm bringing you cookies next time I have a song on the radio. We we missed number one by twenty six spins Way. Yeah, so it's my first and I'm fine with you that.
Speaker 1: You know why, because I talked to Jen Wayne. I was on a golf course. Jen Wayne pulls up behind me. We're playing golf. Jen Wayne, by the way, was a professional tennis player again away one of the great, great people too. And she pulls up behind me and she's with Garth's lawyer, but she to her, that's not gard lawyer, that's like her friend or I don't know. And I only knew Gard' lawyer because he kind of got somebody I knew out of some trouble.
Speaker 12: Not Garth, but somebody I knew out of some trouble.
Speaker 1: And I just met him because we had opened for Garth in Faantville in the Razor Bake Stadium, and so I met him and I went up to him and I was like, hey, I just want to say thank you because he contributed to something that was very very beneficiar to me. It's very beneficial to me. I can take that out there. And so but then I see Jen and him coming up right and I'm like, what the crap? And she's like yeah, she goes can you believe? Because again, at this point, I wasn't like in the music game, meaning I'm just creating content at this point, but I don't even keep up. But I want to know if like my friends are doing well where you know, And she was like, we missed by twenty sixpence or twenty whatever the number was, and then she told me who beat it.
Speaker 12: I think there was like a multi.
Speaker 13: Way yeah, someone had it for multi w Yeah, I'm kind of like, why you don't need a three, five, seven week number one?
Speaker 9: Especially?
Speaker 12: Is that close? Like somebody opened the point that's a good song.
Speaker 9: No, it worked out.
Speaker 13: I mean, all that being said, and the interesting thing, people like, guy, you must have been upset, and I was like, honestly, I wasn't. That's the first time I ever had a song go top five and it didn't go number one, like it was my first number two. I'll take it, Yeah, you'll take it, but I'm no, I'm serious. It was like reve just in relative thinking. It was like, I've never had a number two? How cool was that I could have had six number twos.
Speaker 1: You know, Keith Urban is the guy too that had really instilled in me after saying it many times. What you said earlier was because Keith to be like this song not on air. We'd be talking and Keith and I left pretty close. I've been over to you know, we're Keith and I a friendly when he's here.
Speaker 12: He's not here a whole lot.
Speaker 1: But when he's here and he's like, dude, of my biggest songs weren't number ones. He goes everybody thinks they were because they were the everybody goes crazy for them, but he's like number seven, number thirteen.
Speaker 9: The honest truth is it was too early. People are catching up.
Speaker 13: And that being I will say if anybody he has never seen Keith play live, you, I don't care what genre and what zip code you thought you were born into where your parents didn't want you listening to that you listened to. Like whatever music you like, Keith Urban will melt your face off. Also, his whole band is like Frontmen and the and the cool thing is the fact that he has Nathan and Jerry out there singing, and that Keith isn't intimidated is because Keith is such a rock star. He doesn't need to be intimidated anyway. Go see Keith's live band. They're a freaking mind blowing.
Speaker 1: And he is such a it's where he gets thrown around a lot. But he's such a perfectionist in that I've been with and around him at times pre a show and he's making sure the lights are in the exact place the lights like before he does a show, like he's going, okay, what you know, sometimes depending on where you are when you are an artist, won't even need to do their soundcheck. Let somebody go do it for him. He ran a sound check, he ran some new stuff, he wanted to test the lights. You wanted to see with the light. Like, that's a guy I who wants to make sure that the people get out of it the money they put into it.
Speaker 13: Yeah, and he has the time to do it. I remember in earlier years doing tours. You're just like, I don't even have time for sound check because my day's books so much.
Speaker 12: What do you mean having to like, dude, like, yeah.
Speaker 9: Just all kinds of random stuff.
Speaker 1: Read not that you out of songs you like, I'm went whoa what no? Yeah, Rascal Flats, rewind Whisper sing that one.
Speaker 13: Uh uh well, put the moon back up in the sky, put a pull back into that sweet what oh.
Speaker 12: Yeah, No it's not it radio hear song that goes like this. When I grow up, up up, I can be whatever.
Speaker 1: I won't won't won't You See I never said it was that I said when I grow up, wasn't one kids song?
Speaker 9: Right, kids songs before I even had kids.
Speaker 12: I just remember being so grateful Phil Barton.
Speaker 1: And what's what's really cool is every once while I feel a play at a rite and people will tag me in it. I just remember being so grateful because you knew Phil and brought Phil over to the when I lived downtown, and I was just so grateful that because dude, you can write with anybody at any time.
Speaker 12: People do you have?
Speaker 9: But I was alright, any song ever.
Speaker 12: I was like, Eric, well don't say that, because it made me feel less special. But then it's I was.
Speaker 1: Like, He's like, all right with anybody, alright with every everybody asked.
Speaker 12: Uh yeah, yeah. I was very great to.
Speaker 1: Fool because I was like, and then Eric's like, let's do that that that that. I remember it vividly and it's awesome, and people still school still use that for like assemblies.
Speaker 9: That's great.
Speaker 1: It get tagged at like the end of the school year every year with schools and their kids like all like the secondart of singing the whole song and so yeah, that's it.
Speaker 12: You didn't know that digital read Yeah, see this guy's singing back in school.
Speaker 11: We're gonna do it live? Oh the one, two, three?
Speaker 2: Sore losers?
Speaker 11: What up?
Speaker 14: Everybody?
Speaker 15: I am lunchbox. I know the most about sports, so I'll give you the sports facts. My sports opinions, because I'm pretty much a sports genius, y'all.
Speaker 11: It's Sison. I'm from the North. I'm an alpha male. I live on the North side of Nashville with Bayser, my wife. We do have a farm. It's beautiful. A lot of acreage, no animals, a lot of crops. Hopefully soon corn pumpkins, rye. I believe maybe a little fescue to be determined.
Speaker 15: Over to you, coach, And here's a clip from this week's episode of The Sore Losers.
Speaker 14: Let me show you the picture, right, it.
Speaker 11: Looks like the N one mixtape to her out there. They've shown clips of basketball shorts from twenty years ago. It wasn't it crazy? How bad they used to have them? Oh my gosh, And now they all wear them right up their cranks.
Speaker 14: Dude. You can't even see the kid's legs.
Speaker 15: Dude, I mean, he has a head, arms, and ankles, that's all he has.
Speaker 14: Is that not hilarious?
Speaker 11: You almost got to get him another pair of shorts.
Speaker 14: I did. I got him another pair of black shorts. Yeah, I mean it.
Speaker 11: Is so you me my mom, she could sew those things.
Speaker 14: I mean, look at that. I mean it socks. It's his socks. You don't even see any skin.
Speaker 11: He does look like a baller though.
Speaker 14: He does look like a baller.
Speaker 11: Dude, what's the little one? Dude just dick around on.
Speaker 15: The soide, dig's around on the sideline with his basketball and cries because he can't go in the game.
Speaker 11: He looks like he'd be a little bit more efficient than Jessica.
Speaker 14: Yeah, he's ready, he'll he'll be in it next year. He'll be four next year and he can play. And I'm like, how the hell is he gonna play basketball? The basketball's three sizes, it's too big for.
Speaker 11: Him, Like, is it it's a women's ball.
Speaker 14: Probably it's like a twenty seven and a half inch youth ball. I don't know that's women.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 15: Yeah, that's where we're at. We got a game this coming weekend. We got two games left, man, We got to turn this season around. Finish five hundred. That's what we're hoping for. To go three and three in our first season would be a huge success. And you said it wraps up win in two weeks. Here's what you can hope. That'll be perfect. He goes right into March madness. Then this stuff with Keith with kid, I'm gonna make poster boards. You bring the march madness to the house. The kids get into it. It invigorates them, just like Lebron and Luca.
Speaker 11: Loving the game again. Maybe they get it. It all just works together. Hopefully they keep that excitement. Then in the offseason, this right now, you almost got to look at it as a wash.
Speaker 14: No, we're still excited. We still have fun. I mean, that's what we're trying to do.
Speaker 11: Like we played, I mean, I gotta tell you, I'm shocked you guys are doing the score.
Speaker 14: Tell me how good this practice was. Yesterday I forgot to tell you this.
Speaker 15: We played Duck Duck goosemies Duck Duck Goose basketball version. So they dribble the ball around the circle. Another person everybody in the circle has a ball Duck Duck duck goose, and whoever gets hit goose has to start dribbling and dribble around the circle and chase them around the circle as they're dribbling.
Speaker 14: If they get back to their spot.
Speaker 11: It's really good. Boom dude, yees. So you had to come up with the dumb ass stuff to keep them entertained. You're not running plays and doing conditioning. These kids don't need a condition at this age. There's two.
Speaker 14: They don't need conditioning because they got putty energy.
Speaker 11: These are the only two things I remember from basketball at that age. You got to try one of them. I'm just telling you. The one is where I told you a kid needs to bark like a dog in the middle of the lane, and then that distracts and you run a play to the basket. But he just gets on his knees and starts barking, and all the other kids are looking and then boom, you be line it to the right, get to the hoop, get a basket. It works once. I'll do it.
Speaker 14: Okay, I'll do it this weekend.
Speaker 11: That's one thing. It Yes, you got to get a kid just faking like their dog, going as loud as they can so then kids look and then boom, then you pass it. It works every time. The other thing tell the kids to write down a mistake on a piece of paper. Hey, what do you think you did wrong? What do you think? This is what I remember from four year old basketball. What did you do wrong? What'd you do wrong? All the kids write down bad pass, didn't make a basket? D d you take all you put them in a coffee can you bring a lighter with you? Light that bitch on fire? What is that day? None of those matter? Okay, let's change it now. I don't remember exactly how he outry.
Speaker 1: Damn.
Speaker 14: That's pretty good, man.
Speaker 11: But they're all on fire.
Speaker 14: That's really good.
Speaker 11: And it's in a coffee can. So it's not gonna start a fire in the basketball court. But it shocks them all and you're like, because guess what, none of those matter. They're all ashes.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 11: It's in the past. I remember from four years old, dude.
Speaker 14: So it's pretty legit.
Speaker 7: Dude.
Speaker 15: We're like, coach just started a fire and a coffee kid, that's pretty good.
Speaker 11: It goes out on its own. You're not going to start like a you know, gym fire.
Speaker 14: Okay, I like it, you guys.
Speaker 11: That's the type of stuff. It's something that they're going to remember.
Speaker 15: Of value, right, yes, get their attention, all right, Well, happy Wednesday, everybody.
Speaker 14: We're out of here. I mean, no football to talk about.
Speaker 11: I mean, coach started a fire at practice today in a coffee can?
Speaker 15: What what what the Okay? The league calls me. Hey, parents have been requesting to get off your team, saying you're turning their kids into pyromania.
Speaker 11: I'm sorry, maybe you gotta throw I remember our coach too, he had let a couple I don't need it was an F but he'd definitely say a little S or a D every once in a while. Okay, you let us swear words, slip tournament. Come on, sorry kids for saying that. Come on, just get them fired up. It's something they're not expecting.
Speaker 14: I do like that, all right, anything else? You got anything going on?
Speaker 11: No man, no bazer.
Speaker 7: Dude.
Speaker 11: They make her she's been working from home. She had to commute. She said they commute in traffic hour and a half.
Speaker 14: She had to commute.
Speaker 11: Yeah, they just they're doing a couple things in the office. Oh, HiT's me up. Almost the same drive. My drive's twenty minutes. Hers in traffic is an hour and a half. She goes, it's brutal. I'm quitting tomorrow. I'm like, totally kidding. She's not quitting, but she goes, Dude, this traffic is right, This traffic is awful. And I'm like, yeah, it's pretty bad, but working from home, you save yourself an hour and a half on the front end and the back end.
Speaker 14: Yeah, that's three hours of your day.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 14: I just those people are sitting in traffic. That sucks for them.
Speaker 16: But all right, cass up, little food for yourself life.
Speaker 2: Oh it's pretty bad.
Speaker 12: It's pretty beautiful thing beautiful.
Speaker 4: For that for a little more exciting because.
Speaker 16: Said he can't you're kicking with fulling with Amy Brown.
Speaker 17: All right, let's talk about closure, because well, I think this is something that we've likely all struggled with at some point, like whether it's a breakup or a friendship that fizzled or ended, or just any situation that never fully has been resolved. It's really really hard to move on without that final answer. And I will say, sometimes we want to receive that final answer, but also sometimes we want to give other people closure because we feel like it will be good for them, when maybe that's not necessarily our role. You may not have to provide that. So that's a whole other thing to work through as well. But I read something from psychologists Kavyat Shrivastov. Totally not sure if I'm saying her name right, but I gave it my best shot and it really hit close to home. She said closure isn't about what the other person gives you. It's about how you process what happened. Now, the main reasons behind why we crave closure are pretty obvious. Obviously, it helps us find peace after being hurt. It stops us from just ruminating over it, obsessing over any answered questions that we have. It helps us move forward without lingering regrets of sorts. And pretty much closure is like ceiling an emotional envelope. That's how I visualize it in my head, like you're able to just close it shut without it, you keep going into the envelope to reread all the old stuff, the letters, the messages, and you try to make it make sense and you can't. And the hard truth about closure is sometimes we think that it has to come from the other person, like we need to hear them explain or apologize or or even validate whatever it is that happened. But that's not always going to happen again because they don't even owe it to us. Now in some circumstances, yes, it's not a blanket statement, but let's just say, for the sake of this thing, it's never going to happen. You're not going to get the closure, So then what what do you do well. That's when you get stuck in the wide trap and you're like, why did they do this?
Speaker 4: Was it me?
Speaker 17: What could I have done differently? How could I fix it? And those types of questions will leave us spiraling forever. So the key for us is to accept that we don't need all the answers to move forward. And I have had to practice this multiple times in my adult life, and I wish I better understood this as a teen and a young young adult as well, because the power of acceptance is so good. And now that I know acceptance, it just helps me. And I know that it could sound like if you're accepting that you're just kind of rolling over and being like, Okay, cool, you know this horrible thing happened, and I'm fine with it. But that's not what the acceptance part is. Acceptance just means that you're not going to fight it. You're going to fight what's happening. It means instead of obsessing over why something happened, you focus on what you can do next. A little mantra that I had in my back pocket for twenty twenty, twenty twenty one, twenty twenty two, like I was using this one a lot. I may not understand it, but I can heal anyway. Because there was so much I wasn't understanding and I didn't have answers to but I knew I had the ability to heal anyway. Sometimes it was hard for me to just move on. I didn't like the idea of that, so I would think of it more as like moving along or moving forward, Like despite what was happening, I was going to move forward. Sometimes I would move backwards, but at least I was moving. It's a small shift from the word moving on to moving forward, but for me it made a big difference. It felt more practical and less forced. The energy is a little bit different. I don't know, see if that resonates with you, Like if you say I'm moving on or I'm moving forward, there's different energy there. So then comes the time where you'd have to really give yourself closure Again, it's not coming from the other person, It is coming from within you. At the end of the day, finding closure is you choosing yourself because you're not going to let those thoughts take up any more space rent free in your brain. So one thing you need to do, because who knows how long you've been thinking these thoughts. I mean, some of you listening right now, I know we're holding onto things from ten years ago and you want closure and you have been wondering why for the last ten years, or maybe it was just ten days ago. Well, this is going to be awesome for you to be reminded of this. I'm not saying anything new, by the way, and I'm gathering a lot of different things that I was taught over the last five years that I learned. Some of this I picked up in alan On. That is all about surrendering, releasing control. When you are stuck in trying to figure out the why of what happened, and you are stuck wanting closure from somebody else, this is the opposite of surrendering. You have to focus on what you can control, and you can't control that. So, whether you've been trying to operate that way, like I said, for ten years or ten days, pause and forgive yourself for holding on for however long it was. Let go of any resentment towards the person. You don't want to carry that around, and then prioritize peace. If you are waiting on that one last conversation or that one last explanation, just know that you don't actually need it. Your piece is within you. It's not dependent on what they do. This is honestly one of those things like when I was typing out what I wanted to say about this, I'm like, oh, I need to email this to myself so I can go back and read it when I need it, or maybe I'll just pull this part of the podcast and listen to it when I need it, because I think we all crave closure, and we can know that this is what we need to do to let it go and not get all wrapped up in that we need answers from somebody else when we're trying to force it.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 17: If someone wants to volunteer that information, that's totally fine, but just knowing that really change things for you.
Speaker 18: Fully.
Speaker 17: I know there are things that I have ended where I believe the person would appreciate more closure, and at the same time, I felt like what I was able to share was enough.
Speaker 13: Carylne, she's a queen and talking and she getting really not.
Speaker 14: Afraid to feel so and so just let it flow.
Speaker 2: No one can do We have a care line, is so Calne.
Speaker 18: It's so disgusting.
Speaker 10: But I have this hacking issue that I feel like every single time before I do a podcast, I got hack it up and it's like, okay, it's like a thing.
Speaker 18: And I've never met someone to join in with me before.
Speaker 7: Here we are best friends right off the job because I feel like it just really took us to the next level right away.
Speaker 4: What do you think, Well, I think being singers too.
Speaker 7: You know when your voice is like in the prime and when you know you've got stuff stuck in there. Yes, And the worst is on stage. Sometimes I'll take a puffer before I go on stage. Was actually I've learned is the worst thing.
Speaker 4: What's a puffer like abuterol? Like when you have asthma, Oh okay and you're like spray.
Speaker 7: It's like a steroid in your throat okay, to help you open your airwaists okay, and it actually gets all your mucus going. So I'm hacking on stage while doesn't work. Yeah, so I can't take that.
Speaker 10: What do you do when a hack attack comes on stage?
Speaker 4: My husband, who's my play he can talk in my ears. He's like, you need to take another shot of your puffer. Come to the side of the stage after the second song.
Speaker 18: But now I know the puffer is the problem.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the puffers is a problem. So I just went to the doctor.
Speaker 7: So I was this is not I'm not throwing names out there, but I was hanging out with Shania Twain, and I was.
Speaker 4: Just like as a friend, No, I opened for her and then I.
Speaker 18: Saw that and she like learned your song on stage and y'all did like three part harmony.
Speaker 7: Crazy, like like best moment of my life so far for sure, which.
Speaker 10: We'll circle back to the moment, but then let's talk about the hanging out.
Speaker 4: We were hanging out.
Speaker 18: How do you hang out with Shania Twain?
Speaker 7: Well, she was on a three run date at this festival in Newfoundland, which is like my family lives there, so it was Canada.
Speaker 18: Yeah, okay, so you're from Canada, Yes.
Speaker 4: From Canada, okay.
Speaker 7: And I got to meet her on stage because I play with her.
Speaker 10: And then how did you get that opening spad just because you're a badass? Oh, you were nominated for like Canadian Artists of the Year. I mean you got stuff going on all the all the Canadians, you were the one female.
Speaker 7: This was my first nomination ever. I was actually really surprised that I got it.
Speaker 10: So you're nominated for Female Hours a Year, Yeah, which, like I awesome.
Speaker 7: I thought maybe I would get like new Artists or something, but that straight to the top. But hanging out with Shanaia, I was like, this is my moment to ask her random.
Speaker 4: Shit and you did?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Would you do?
Speaker 19: So?
Speaker 7: I asked her because she's a fellow Canadian. I asked her about like her business manager. Is it a Canadian or is it an American? Because they need to know all the tax laws for both countries.
Speaker 4: What is it? She's like, you need a Canadian?
Speaker 7: Okay, So I did actually switch business managers okay to a Canadian.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I got it. I literally listened to every single thing she told me. What else I did?
Speaker 18: Can you share all the team?
Speaker 7: She told me to go on singular for asthma, so I did, okay, which is a medication for them, I think, so, I said, so, so I must have. And then I got my puffer and then I got I'm on zero tech allergy pills and uh acid reflux nexium.
Speaker 4: So I'm just taking all these things.
Speaker 7: And then she told me like this whole thing about like not eating before your show, and she like lays in the dark in her hotel all day and people just bring her like purified food.
Speaker 4: And I'm like, well, I don't have people.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and you have her husband. I have my husband, but he has like ten jobs come out. He's not going to pure a like pure pure raid.
Speaker 4: Sorry is it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Period, pure raid food.
Speaker 18: So she only wants it like much of like apple sauce style.
Speaker 7: Yes, she does not chew food day of her show. Meanwhile, I'm like, I eat McDonald's for every meal when I'm.
Speaker 12: On the road.
Speaker 18: Why does she not choose food because I guess just want to her throat.
Speaker 4: Yes, she doesn't want to have.
Speaker 7: She doesn't want to have she knows her body, I guess. So I wrote it down, but I'm not at that point yet. Like she brings her own ninja with her.
Speaker 18: Does she like do anything when she's laying in the dark, like wash TV?
Speaker 4: No, she dark like meditation music all day all day.
Speaker 18: How do you do that all day?
Speaker 5: I know?
Speaker 7: And I explained to her, I'm like, I'm at the point of my career where I'm flying in day up. Potentially I'm driving all morning and all night. I haven't slept for a week, haven't showered, and need to eat McDonald's. So I'm not at that point yet, but.
Speaker 18: Like, how does someone lay all day without going bananas?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 18: Man, that's amazing. She's put down too.
Speaker 7: Many art shows where she's she rips around stage like she's running.
Speaker 10: She this is like the rebirth of Shanaya because I feel like she kind of went silent for a little while and then re emerged. Yes, and like, man did she re emerge like with incredible costumes and I feel like she like cuts on herself backstage before. I've seen like documentaries or something where she's like the caution will be I could be.
Speaker 18: Wrong, but like shell like get some scissors and like change it.
Speaker 4: Up a little bit.
Speaker 7: And like, yeah, I've definitely watched all her documentaries and read her book and because she's Canadian, I just know everything about her. And she was like trying to she was like explaining some stuff about her past life.
Speaker 4: I'm like, I.
Speaker 18: Know, you don't have to.
Speaker 4: Tell me I know everything about yet, but thanks.
Speaker 10: So you go like hung out hung out? Yeah, Well she all like four am, so like how many hours?
Speaker 7: Well it was like after the show, so like midnight before ish, and she was just chatting with you. Yeah, and she was so chill. She drank a whole bottle of champagne and I was just.
Speaker 18: Is she living her best life these days?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 18: I feel like she's really in her like her best Stris.
Speaker 7: She's so cool and she like swore and she was like super Canadian and like, you know, Canadian hillbilly vibes.
Speaker 4: Which is what I am.
Speaker 18: So did you all like get numbers?
Speaker 4: No? Okay, but she was like, I'll send you this stuff. I'm like, how are you going to send me that? Let's be honest.
Speaker 10: That's so cool because a lot of times, like megastars like that don't hang out with people that like are opening for them.
Speaker 4: And I've never yes, I usually don't even get to meet the person there.
Speaker 18: Yeah, sometimes you don't even to me meet them.
Speaker 7: And the fact cause actually so I made that happen because oh go girl. I heard that she doesn't meet opener sometimes and her mean greets are not very big, okay, So I was like, how can I meet you? And I'm I'm literally opening for the queen and I need to meet her. So I side note when I play the bagpipes.
Speaker 18: Oh I know, and I've got to I have so many questions about bagpipes.
Speaker 7: So I was like, other than that, like, she's not gonna care who I am, So what if I played bagpipes to one of her songs?
Speaker 4: So you learned it?
Speaker 7: So that morning in the hotel, I learned any Man of Mine on bagpipes.
Speaker 4: I have like my electric bagpipe.
Speaker 7: So I sent her manager a video of me playing it and she was like, yeah, she loves it, so should I approved. And then when I was about to go on stage with her, I was like, you know, do you guys play it in the same key like I need to make They're like, no, you' you're not really going to play it, Like she's just gonna talk to you and you'll play it for like two seconds.
Speaker 4: You're not going to play with the band.
Speaker 7: I had in ears, but I didn't hear the count in of them actually joining me. So I did the beginning of any Man of Mine, and then the whole band came in in a different key because I did an album key, and so she talked to me in my ear and she's like.
Speaker 2: That's the row gate.
Speaker 7: Go figure out what key we're in, Shan I did, yeah, And I was like I specifically asked if you guys played it in this key and they're like, no, don't worry about it.
Speaker 8: Hey, it's Mike Dy and this week a Movie Mike's Movie Podcast. Kelsey and I recently rewatched all a Harry Potter movies. I reranked them from my least favorite to my most favorite. We got into a big discussion and heated debate on a death in the Harry Potter franchise that I thought was a little bit overrated. So a small spoiler warning. Even though the last movie came out now over ten years ago, and I think if you haven't seen any of the Harry Potter movies by this point, you're probably not going to. But we do get into all the details as far as the endings of the deaths, because in order to do this episode, you have to talk about it all. So here's just a little bit of the episode, but be sure to check out the entire thing on Movie Mike's Movie Podcast. At number four, I have from twenty ten Deathly Hallow's Part one, directed by David Yates. This one sets the stage and it went up on my list.
Speaker 19: I was gonna say, you weren't the biggest deathly hell.
Speaker 8: No, and I think it's because when we do rewatch them, we don't typically rewatch the last two, maybe because they are heavier. Maybe it's because the conclusion of the story. It's not one that I think, like, hey, let's put that one on the way.
Speaker 19: Light, family friendly film.
Speaker 8: But the way we rewatched them all and where I was able to see it build up towards the end and like really find out the true story, I almost feel like for the first time again because it's been a while since we sat down and rewatched them all.
Speaker 19: Now, imagine like having to wait a year even though I'd read the.
Speaker 2: Book, I couldn't do it.
Speaker 8: Like I put myself in that position of when these movies came out and thinking like going to a theater and not knowing what was going to happen, even though you probably read the book, you knew what was going to happen, but that level of excitement had to be wild.
Speaker 19: Oh it was unmatched.
Speaker 8: So that one went up, and at number three, this one also went up, and I put them together. It's deathly Hollo's Part two from twenty eleven, the conclusion to all of it. I don't remember the scene whenever Harry finds out the whole story of how it all connects and with Snape, Oh yeah, yeah. They go to the big position of what does he dips his head in like that water thing, like that fountain, and then he's able to like do well.
Speaker 19: Harry dips his head in the water and sees he puts like Snape's tears.
Speaker 2: That's what it was, his head that was sad.
Speaker 19: Sees all of Dumbledore telling Snape like you must be the one to kill me, and how Snape, like all along is tried to protect Harry and he wasn't the bad guy. I remember reading that.
Speaker 4: And my mind was blown.
Speaker 2: Life was changed.
Speaker 19: I was like, oh my god, he wasn't the bad guy because in the books it's the same, Like you think for six books that Snape hates Harry and that he's responsible for Dumbledore's death. You think that and then like you find out in the book truly changed me.
Speaker 8: And the fact that Voldemort has been a part of him, like he lives inside of him, that whole connection of when he what happened when he tried to kill him, and it just for the first time I was able to like really connect.
Speaker 2: It all and feel the gravity of it.
Speaker 8: And think, oh, like how well designed this story was and all the pieces that ended up connecting. This is the only movie franchise that I feel wraps up perfectly because I guess because it is based on the book. But there was nothing, no questions unanswered, there was no emotions that you were lacking.
Speaker 19: It had it all Yeah, And then they give you the scene in like twenty years when everyone's like married and has their own kids going to.
Speaker 2: Out that hits you emotionally.
Speaker 8: I also love whenever they go into whatever that white space is wherever he sees him again Dumbledore again and he like you think he's dead, but then he's not really dead. Then he comes back to live long Bottom has his moment where he shines. So there are so many great conclusions for different characters in this final movie that I found myself loving it more and now I feel like I could just go back and watch part two and enjoy it and feel like, oh yeah, that is one.
Speaker 2: Now I want to go back and rewatch. That is why I have it.
Speaker 8: At number three now, but at number two has stayed here pretty steadily. I'd say before Chamber of Secrets was in that number two spot forever. I just love those so much, but it's Prisoner of Azkaban came out in two thousand and four. The inter we've watched this one, I feel like the most.
Speaker 19: Because we've seen it anytime it's on TV. And then we did one of our outdoor movie nights. They showed that one.
Speaker 8: And this one. It's pretty It has a lot of vivid memories. Obviously the introduction of serious.
Speaker 19: Black Hermione has the like time travel thing. It's the first one where they look more like great older they don't look like tiny kids.
Speaker 8: There are streat children in the first two, but this one they get older.
Speaker 4: And it starts to get a little darker.
Speaker 11: The tone.
Speaker 8: The bus scene at the beginning, yes, which I think is the most iconic, one of the most iconic things out of all.
Speaker 2: Of these movies, the double ducker bus.
Speaker 8: That is very memorable and overall has just become one that I feel is a really good centerpiece of the entire story. And I think it's the fact that we have rewatched it so much that it has great rewatchability. It has crept up into my number two slot all right, and at number one. Sorcerer's Stone two thousand and one, Chris Columbus I just feel that this one embodies everything.
Speaker 2: That I love about Harry Potter.
Speaker 12: I had it on VHS.
Speaker 2: That is amazing.
Speaker 8: I wish, but it's I hate to pick the first one in a franchise because which you don't normally I don't because I feel like the first one is still setting the stage, but this one sets the stags.
Speaker 2: The best of him not knowing is a wizard Haggard Haggard coming. Yeah.
Speaker 8: The best line, that whole interaction with all them trying to get the notes to him, the mail to him post doesn't come on Sunday, him living beneath the stairs, them leaving and then still finding them and him finding out about the platform nine to.
Speaker 2: Three quarter like they're just is the best. Yeah.
Speaker 8: And it also the reason we associate these movies, at least for us, with Christmas time is because there is Christmas in this one, Happy Christmas Harry, and it just has like that warm, cozy vibe that even though it's not a Christmas movie. I think that's why anytime November December roll around, I want to rewatch these movies. And I also feel this was the first time that you're introduced to not knowing whether Snape is a good or a bad guy.
Speaker 2: You think he's the bad guy the entire time. You think he's the bad guy for six movies.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but this is the one where like, oh, he's the bad guy. He's doing it, he's the one messing up the quidditge man.
Speaker 19: Oh yeah, yeah, when he's doing the curse and it turns out it's Quirrel and Snape's like trying to counteract it, and Hermione sets Snape's robes on fire.
Speaker 8: So I think nothing will ever knock this one out of being my favorite Harry Potter movie. It has everything I want from every single character, and to me, it just feels the most magical and I feel kind of like a kid again whenever you watched this movie.
Speaker 11: Thanks for listening to this week's Sunday Sampler.
Speaker 1: If any of those clips tickled your fancy, go and check out the episode.
Speaker 12: Subscribe to the podcast. That would be great, That would help us.
Speaker 1: Maybe you liked the podcast The Bobby Cast Four Things with Amy Brown, Sore Losers, movie Mike Caroline Hobby, doctor Josie Morgan got her podcast Take this Personally.
Speaker 2: All are up there.
Speaker 1: Subscribe if you don't mind check them out thank you guys, and we will see you next week.