Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong, Joe, Kaddy Armstrong and Jettie and keep.
Speaker 2: Arm draw.
Speaker 1: Live live the from Studio C. See.
Speaker 3: We are in a dimly lit room, deep within the bowels of the Armstrong and you're getting communications compound surrounded by alligators. We got that from that whole alligator Alfa draz. We designed out radios would be a nice touch, so.
Speaker 4: We got some focusingly inexpensive when you buy them in bulk.
Speaker 5: And today we're the tutelage of our general manager. Good times, Okay, good times, our general manager?
Speaker 1: What does that not? The wellove it seventies hit sitcom and or anything. It's funny.
Speaker 4: As I was preparing for the show, I came across a number of different stories, ideas, issues that all were connected by the sinew of the fact that good times, affluence, comfort lead to debauchery, self indulgence, laziness, softness in general. And I was thinking, it's as inevitable as a sine wave.
Speaker 1: I don't know anything about me. I wasn't good at math.
Speaker 5: But it's as inevitable as the sunrise and the sunset as.
Speaker 1: Inhaling and exhiling.
Speaker 5: I don't know if anything can be done about it except around the margins. When you have affluence in good times, you lose your edge as a society, as a person. Often not debauchery. Yeah, it's all about the debauchery.
Speaker 1: Hold on it. I'm enjoy the debauchery. I don't know if you can hear this or not. What is that?
Speaker 5: Huh?
Speaker 1: What is that?
Speaker 5: I'm dropping my Alka Seltzer plus cold medicine into the water and letting it fizz so that I can drink it during the show. See the only cold medicine I feel like, does anything? Of course, it might be Placebia. I have no idea of it. Hopefully not come out of hue. It is a weird color. It doesn't look like something you should drink. Surprisingly, have not come up with better cold medicine. It must be really hard because there would be a tremendous amount of money in it. Everybody gets a couple of colds per year. The profit would be just insane. But they really haven't moved the mark much on cold medicine as far as I can tell in my entire life, and one of the main cold medicines that have existed for the past quite a few years. Was announced by the FDA what two years ago. It doesn't do anything. Not only is it go off and in, not only is it not very effective, it does nothing. And every cold medicine on the shelf stillfenerin or whatever it is. Uh, however, you say that every single Okay, this one right here, al ca Celtzi cold medicine has a couple of things in it that must actually do something. Then the fenlephron, which does nothing, every cold medicine still has.
Speaker 1: So why do they still put that in there if it was announced that it doesn't do anything.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the name of that one is similar to something that does do something, and I can never remember which is which.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 4: I mean, you've got epinephrine, and that's good stuff. Pseudo epinephrine, sure, oh absolutely, pseudo fat Yeah, decongested, but you know, to me, it's a little tilan all, little ibuprofen whatever, and the grin Barrett, that's how you deal with a cold.
Speaker 1: Well, most of this stuff almost always has a tileanol in it, So I think that's the only thing you're getting out of it.
Speaker 4: I got a question, Maybe you're just tarten up your tile andol with a bunch of stuff that doesn't do anything. Almost certainly, I don't know that that's true. I just want if I had to bet, I would bet you're slutty, slutty tile and all. I got a question. So, if you're a news junkie, you almost certainly have seen the video of us blowing the Jesus out of the eleven drug people in the boat off a coast of Venezuela cartel.
Speaker 5: Terrorists. That's right, terrorists. Okay, that's interesting that you say that. Well, I'm quoting the administration, right. So the term narco terrorist has become a thing now, so if you bring a lot of drugs into the country, you're considered it a narco terrorist.
Speaker 1: And terrorists, in our.
Speaker 5: Minds, sounds like people that were allowed to kill wherever the hell they are, because we've been killing terrorists for a long long time. I did see some pushback online. There's always pushback online about everything, of what right do we have to kill kill drug smugglers? It's not a capital offence in the United States. If you get caught as a major drug dealer, we don't execute you. So how are we executing people out in a boat in the ocean. Do you know the answer to that? I'm not worried about this. I just thought it was an interesting question. I would agree completely. And that is the question that leapt to my mind as well. Can you kill somebody pre arrest for something? You can't kill them after you've arrested them for well? And then am I right that this narco terrorist thing is a way to make it sound like something that we're all in favor of killing. Sure, it's spin.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think the term terrorist in general is has been rendered useless through overuse. Plus, this is not that useful term honestly doesn't tell you enough. I think this is a really interesting and intriguing question. You have a criminal enterprise that is bent in its very purposes in doing evil. They are murderous, they are selling death, They have zero redeeming qualities, and their activities will inevitably lead to many, many deaths.
Speaker 5: So how does that How does that differ from a military force and its effects? I realized it's.
Speaker 4: It's purpose, it's reason for being why they get up in the morning, is different, but in its effect, it's remarkably similar to a military attack.
Speaker 5: It's just a little more indirect. So well, then to them now and again to keep them away from your shores. I've got a great deal of sympathy for the strategy, but I can't really explain why it's Okay, Well, if you're gonna make that argument, then would couldn't you make that argument for every Uh? You know, a group of six dudes that make meth in a trailer somewhere and put it out on the streets because it's gonna kill people or maybe whatever drug something? Yeah, Now, I know that if you directly can link a person to the pill that killed somebody, you can charge them with murder and should Uh, But you don't just preemptively assume they're a bunch of murderers and and and then kill them before you arrest them.
Speaker 4: Right this, by the way, is not some sort of editorial against it. We're just flipping the thing over and trying to figure out what it is. Oh yeah, how is I'm worried about today?
Speaker 5: US taking out drug lords in Venezuela, and whether or not it's legal is not on my list.
Speaker 4: Right Well, yeah, drug lords lords would be a different case.
Speaker 1: Though.
Speaker 4: These are drug lackeys, These are just runners. These are hourly employees, so which makes it more work. It's a good point. I'm not sure about the legalities, but grammar wise, you're absolutely correct. So now obviously they're outside the US is supposed to inside the US.
Speaker 1: Uh. And I'm not an expert on this.
Speaker 5: But if you had a guy a guy walking down the street and you threw undercover operations, you know, wearing a wire or whatever, you knew with certainty he was selling fentanyl to.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say teenagers, but let's not prejudice it. He's selling fentanyl. Fentanyl lays drugs to young people in America. Can I as the government gun him down in the street because he is delivering fentanyl to the homeland homeland or at.
Speaker 1: Least the people as the people in the boat differ from that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know, delibered talking about we do it seven or eight times and have an incredibly quick decline in the number of those boats bringing fentanyl into the country.
Speaker 1: I think that's the goal.
Speaker 5: I think the goal is as Marco Rubio said, I heard it the smile the lawyers argue about it. Yeah, I heard Marco Rubio say it on the news. The days of just with impunity, loading up a boat full of drugs and taking them. The United States are over, Those days are over. Well, that's the message we're trying to send. That will greatly curb the drug traffic as they realize, not a lot of people are going to take the job if you're just rolling up there in the ocean, beautiful day, not a cloud pow.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: One final thought on this, And if I were a more ambitious fellow, I would have written some sort of book about this that people would have ignored propatly. But and I used this phrase for the first time, ages and ages ago, and it had to do that's funny. I remember it was something Hillary Clinton was pitching. I don't remember specifics of it, but it's the question of necessity versus nicety. And this goes back to the whole good times create soft people. Soft people create bad times. Bad times create tough people. Tough people create good times. You know, circle that I think is impossible.
Speaker 1: That's right. Our general manager was good times. That's right. Ain't we lucky? We got them good times? Anyway?
Speaker 4: Eh So we as a got to the point and the woke thing and just the you know, the old school lefty thing when it was really really in charge, emptying out the prisons in California, for instance.
Speaker 1: California is a great example of it.
Speaker 4: The policies of California as a state right now, or a great example of You are so comfortable and affluent, you go after that final percent and a half of just fairness and goodness and gentleness and equity and whatever, and blah blah blah, and you completely forget the stuff you're supposed to do. You got criminals running wild in the streets, you got people shooting up and crapping in parks in front of children.
Speaker 1: You are so obsessed with.
Speaker 4: Nicety, you completely forget about necessity.
Speaker 6: Ah.
Speaker 4: And I don't have an answer on this. I'm noodling it through. And I find it really interesting.
Speaker 5: Is that snuffing of that boat full presuming their intelligence was excellent.
Speaker 1: There's always a chance of getting it wrong too right.
Speaker 4: It was guys going out tarp and fishing, but presuming that their their intelligence was as excellent as they say.
Speaker 5: That feels a little bit like a return to let's deal with necessity.
Speaker 1: That's an interesting one.
Speaker 5: We'll talk more about that later. And if you haven't seen the video, it is. Well, it's about what you'd expect. Well, we'll have no time to talk about it later. We've got to talk about the Epstein file release, the controversy and the hearings, and we need this, like God, we need to start the show officially. We got a fun little clip. I'm Jack Armstrong. He's Joe Getty on this. It is Hey, my dad's birthday Wednesday, September third of the year, twenty twenty five. He's eighty eight years old. We are armstrong in getting we approve of this program. Happy birthday, Jacks.
Speaker 1: Dad. Haven't seen you in ages. Hope you're well. God bless you.
Speaker 4: All Right, let's begin before the FCC drones us from the sky for starting late.
Speaker 1: Is that here we go? Oh yeah, now under Trump, here we go. At Mark, we had.
Speaker 2: Met up because I was going to sell him my sneakers. He just wanted to sniff my feet and I didn't feel comfortable with that. I mean, you could have my sneakers all you want. I mean, I don't care. I'm not wearing them. You know, they're just stinky old sneakers. But people like weird things. And I met him down in the parking garage, he did a three point turn and actually hit me with a car ran me over. I've met a lot of people who have foot fetishes. Nobody has ever done anything to this caliber. Mary.
Speaker 5: There's a lot there, and we don't get her, so, you know, I thought there was plenty there.
Speaker 1: And then the whole running are over thing.
Speaker 5: We don't have time to break it down now, we don't have to play that again later and point by point break down the whole guy says he wants to buy your sneakers online, you meet him in a parking garage.
Speaker 4: Not sure that's the best idea. And I'm sorry my headphone s glitched out, Michael. Did she say she was or was not comfortable with that hole?
Speaker 1: Rain? She wasn't.
Speaker 5: I was not. Ah, we'll get to that story later.
Speaker 1: In a hole?
Speaker 4: Where are you going, Jenny? I got a guy sniffing my feet in a parking garage? Oh my god, Oh my god.
Speaker 5: How about that parade that China put on that was one of the biggest military parades, maybe the biggest military parade in world history. As a little scary, and we got that a whole bunch of other stuff to talk about today. I hope you can stay here.
Speaker 1: Hey, hey, I is.
Speaker 5: Not going to take over the world and force all of us out of our jobs, at least as long as I can type into a computer the whole nine yards.
Speaker 1: And if I accidentally write mine yards, it.
Speaker 5: Just thinks that's what I want because it's completely unfamiliar with the phrase. So until they can fix all that, or if I write the word, if I write this happened either day, happy birthday, and it was birth bu day or something like that, and.
Speaker 1: It can't figure out what I want.
Speaker 4: It's not going to take over the world yet, right, Yeah, you know, it's funny, the ebb and flow of the it's going to take everybody's jobs by the end of the year. Oh no, it's not not even close. It'll be fine. Yeah, nope, nope, nope, nope. Entire restructuring of the economy, what's that. No, everything will be fine. I mean, back and forth.
Speaker 1: It's just right. Oh my god, it's nuts.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I'm I'm less concerned than I was six months ago that there will be massive changes to the workforce and therefore society, therefore our politics, therefore everything in the short term.
Speaker 1: But who knows.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't claim to. I think the timing is different than I thought it might be. I think it will happen, but it might be twenty five years from now instead of next June.
Speaker 4: I wonder interesting piece that came across about how China is approaching the whole AI thing differently. They are not going hardcore at the generalized artificial intelligence is that the term people use. We're the things learned to think for them. Else they're just like really concentrating on applications of what we have right now.
Speaker 5: You can talk about that more later. Quick rundown of the headlines. Katie is off today.
Speaker 4: And we'll love to have her back as soon as possible as she deals with and I don't I think we're cool. I always want to protect her privacy, but she's been so open about the fertility thing. And I will just tell you this. I feel like a reasonably well informed guy. But I did not have a single clue as to the difficulty and complexity of the whole IVF thing.
Speaker 1: No, it's funny.
Speaker 5: It was such a political football there for a while with JD Vance and something he said or whatever during the presidential campaign. No, I had no idea IVF is so complicated and longed and not always pleasant. I didn't know any.
Speaker 1: Of the stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, in fact, damn near always unpleasant. But you know so quickly look at headlines. We mentioned the US military struck of Venezuela and drug vessel in the South Caribbean, Kirkblowie. We'll talk about that more to come, I'm sure, especially if it keeps happening. Let's see. You know what, I don't have the bandwidth for third world disasters in these god forsaken as whole countries. I'm not happy it happened Landslide and darfour, but I just don't have the bandwidth.
Speaker 5: How about this one, on which I don't quite understand. Google avoided harshest penalties and landmark search monopoly ruling.
Speaker 4: What happened there? Candid course case been dragging on for a court case. I've been dragging on forever about Google's relationship with Apple and it buying its way to being the default search engine. And the net result is Google has to share a whole bunch of their info that they've gathered over the years with other companies, which is interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a slap on the wrist.
Speaker 4: Is the wrong term for a civil settlement like this, or a civil judge like this, but it was a fraction of the worst case scenario. Jony Ernsteiowa not going to run again at the end of her turn, probably because it's useless being in Congress at this point, or the Senate fat dopey communist Jerry Nadler also going to retire, go away. Let's see another headline. We talked about this yesterday. Seventy percent of Americans say it's no longer true that if you work hard you'll get ahead.
Speaker 5: And here's the important thing. Then one point three billion dollar powerball drawing tonight. Wait a minute, I have a new plan. Armstrong and getty.
Speaker 7: A massive show of force by China America's top adversaries attending a military parade in Beijing, sending a strong message that there's an alternative world order now competing with US domination.
Speaker 6: Chinese President Jean Shinping is hosting world leaders, including russia Is Vadimir Putin and North Korea's Kim Jong un. Kim arrived on a train so heavily planted with armor, it reportedly moves on average just thirty seven miles an hour.
Speaker 5: So the train is so heavy, so that it can withstand an explosion or attack of any kind, that it can barely move, kind of like the leader himself.
Speaker 1: Right, so heavy he can barely move. Anybody attacked the leader of North Korea. I don't know.
Speaker 5: I think you get pretty paranoid when you're a dictator and you're surrounded by people all the time. It probably would like to kill you. Yeah, final stray note. I like the way David Panel what's his name?
Speaker 1: Is that his name?
Speaker 4: Ian Panel? I like the way he says adversary. Yeah, adversary, well, because they're adverse to you. I like that better than the American adversary. I'm becoming a brit bit by bit.
Speaker 5: Okay, President g there at the biggest parade the world has ever seen, biggest military parade flanked by leaders from twenty six countries. Yes, that's quite a few people that think, you know, we better be kind of in the whole sphere of China is they're a pretty big power. And most importantly it was President she Vladimir Putin.
Speaker 1: And then Kim Jung un.
Speaker 5: I don't know why that seems so significant to people, but apparently it is because he doesn't usually go to these sorts of things. Trump in the midst of the whole parade, which we'll tell you more about a little bit truthed out a wish to President she and the Chinese people have a great and lasting day of celebration, before adding, please give my warmest regards to Vladimir Putin and Kim Jung Un as you conspire against the United States of America.
Speaker 1: Wow. That's it. It got a little sarcastic at the end. Wow.
Speaker 5: The military display was just absolutely if you haven't seen the videos, it's just it's unbelievable all the stuff that was there. She's speech. First of all, their rewriting history. Putin's been doing this for a long time. She and Putin together now are rear writing the end of World War two, or what World War two was, and their version which a lot of the people will only hear or be taught, World War two was Russia and China getting together to defeat Japan. That was what World War two was. And aren't they fantastic for having defeated Japan? China and Russia. That's funny, that's not the way I remember it. She's speech about that was followed by a display of the expanding military arsenal under his command, including new hypersonic nuclear capable missiles that we don't have and unmanned combat platforms that strengthened China's abilities to deter the United States to project power. They displayed for the first time their nuclear triad with the ability to attack any place in the world with nuclear weapons from sea, land, or air, which they had never displayed before. And if you mean you want to do something scary, I did just this the other day. I did a Google search on hypersonic weapons on like Washington Post.
Speaker 1: Or New York Times.
Speaker 5: Start reading the articles about where we are versus Russia and China. It's freaking frightening.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I hate the idea of us actually getting into a kinetic war at this point, and not that you know, we'd be a pushover or anything like that, but I think we are.
Speaker 1: You know, the old.
Speaker 4: Boxer who's been retired from fighting for a while and still thinks, you know, I could whoop these youngsters, but hasn't been tested in a big way. Certainly, the capabilities of our special forces and you know, the things we are involved in right now, they're the elite, they're the best in the world.
Speaker 1: Best. It's ever been. But in terms of mass, mass.
Speaker 4: Forces weaponry, I'm not sure we're as well equipped as we feel like we have.
Speaker 1: Well, I wonder I've been wondering this for quite a while.
Speaker 5: If we get attacked by someone, is the story is, oh my god, we're attacked.
Speaker 1: What do we all want ally together to do?
Speaker 5: Or is the story whoever's president caused it? And half the country is not on board with whatever the response is, and it just becomes a domestic political issue, like.
Speaker 4: And or starts wearing the T shirts of the country that attacked us in a show of how they hate the current guy.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 5: I wonder that Mark Alprin, writing in his newsletter today, if a charismatic American president can unite the nation in service of unmatchable United States economic might and global cultural influence, Uncle Sam wins otherwise dot dot.
Speaker 1: Dot Yeah, I would agree.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And honestly, I don't think Trump's the guy to do it. I love a lot of what he's doing domestically, but.
Speaker 5: But neither is going to be Gavin Newsom or Kamala Harris or whoever follows. That's a hell of a comparison, But that's.
Speaker 1: Where we are.
Speaker 5: That's who We're going to elect someone like Jady Vance, j D Maybe Vance.
Speaker 1: Maybe.
Speaker 5: Anyway, the parade was frightening on every damned level, and things are changing quickly. The world order is changing, maybe has changed. I was happy to hear on NPR today they had former ambassador to China. I think I don't remember what the guy's name was, but he said on NPR the United States cannot allow China to dominate that part of the world. He just stated that on NPR, which I'm happy to hear. I don't know if we can stop it from happening, but I'm glad that even on super progressive NPR, that was the take.
Speaker 1: That is interesting.
Speaker 4: So a quick rundown of what you saw if you were in Beijing for the big parade. They trotted out ten thousand troops, which is plenty. Beijing as the world's largest active army estimated at about two million personnel. Wow, not battlefield tested, so who knows. Formations in the parade included Chinese China's cyber Space Force and arrow Space Force, both brand new branches. They have a cyber Space Force, yes, Cyberspace Force and Aerospace Force computers in space branches of the military.
Speaker 1: China.
Speaker 4: That couple of phrases could loom large in a few years anyway, China, leader in hypersonic missile technology, showed off its new arrivals from its ying G series jack, which State me he described as a strategic hammer for defending China's maritime interests.
Speaker 1: I don't want to be condescending, nor be or not. I'll hit you with my strategic hammer, nor the opposite, whatever that would be.
Speaker 5: About hypersonic missiles, we've thrown around that term and maybe all of you don't know what those are, but those are the missiles that can fly so fast and so low that are super fantastic. Modern radar equipment can't pick them up. Yeah, can't pick them up. They could send a missile around the world so fast, so low, it could drop a nuke on loss A Angels before we even know that a missile has been sent. So they mentioned that the YJ nineteen missile features air inlets that you can see under the nose cone that appear very similar to those of Russian hypersonic cruise missiles powered by air breathing jet engines known as a scram jet. Hypersonic weapons can travel at extreme speeds to better evade most air defenses.
Speaker 1: To your point, it's an improvement.
Speaker 4: In the design blah blah blah blah, which delivers a hypersonic glide vehicle, a projectile that is propelled to with a high altitude before streaking down toward its target, maneuvering to make its path less predictable. You had your D five FC intercontinental ballistic missiles. It can strike anywhere in the world. Aerial drones were on display. Now these are the big drones, like our reaper and predator drones. I think those are the right names are they're unmanned fighter jets. Essentially, they had a bunch of those of various sorts, jet fighters, bombers, helicopters, a carrier based fighters, anti drone. Air defense systems were trotted by the appear to be laser beams, new high power laser and microwave weapons designed intercept targets such as drones and cruise missiles. You know, it's interesting, pretty Star Wars looking too. It's pretty inter cool looking.
Speaker 5: It's pretty interesting to me that we had this debate what a couple of months ago when Trump had that military parade, and whether or not that was appropriate or not war mongering in this or that our number one adversary or adversary on planet Earth just had a giant military play parade to show us what they've got. Why wouldn't we show them what we've got?
Speaker 4: Well, and the idiotic left the argument would be, well, we want to be different from them.
Speaker 1: That's not an argument. Shut up.
Speaker 4: I also think that in the real world, not the Ivory Tower of academia, which is so sick and perverse and ought to be blotted from the planet, and not in the lefty media, which is scarcely better. In the real world, when normal people look at their team and how cool the team is, and how well equipped it is, and how our taxes have been spent for stuff other than waste and crap, that makes you happy, makes you feel good, makes you want to say, look at our team.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah.
Speaker 4: As the NFL seasons about to kick off, I'm in favor of it again. We've lapped so far into this for like academic professorial seeking of being the most.
Speaker 1: Enlightened people we can possibly be.
Speaker 5: The big tough guy who does not give a single f about being enlightened is gonna kick down our door and take all our stuff and laugh as we but we blubber Geopolitically speaking, this is not a game for college professors. It's a game for big, tough, well trained guys with great gear. You saying shut up, says me. You saying shut up, that's not an argument, reminded me. I was watching a Jerry Seinfeld, a new one the other night, and he said, people.
Speaker 1: Who say it is what it is, why are you alive? Yeah?
Speaker 5: I happen to disagree with him on that point. I do, dude, I kind of like the phrase. But oh yeah, well it's it's an ancient sentiment. It means the same thing as amen essentially, so be it. I must accept it anyway.
Speaker 4: More interestingly to me anyway, about Jerry Seinfeld, I guess he got in quote unquote the Internet trouble for about a cup of coffee. Internet trouble, oh for some you know bit he did, and some columnists. I wish I had the name, because they deserve whatever slander I can generate.
Speaker 1: I think it was a New York Times guy.
Speaker 4: Somebody it was a fairly big name, said, you know, Jerry Seinfeld. I don't even find him funny. Oh goodness, I don't know Okay, all right, yeah, okay, Jerry Seinfeldt isn't funny. The Beatles didn't write any good songs. Whatever, shut up, you shut up to.
Speaker 1: Why are you alive? Okay, we got Joe's mailbag. Next.
Speaker 5: Hey, there's a new video game out called Take Us North, in which you let players players help migrants cross the border. Oh boy, why does everybody go out of their way to poke other people and create a controversy and whatever? Here's your freedom loving quote of the day. It's from Dallen Oaks, who was a religious leader and former Utah Supreme Court justice, to our scene earlier today. This is really an interesting quote.
Speaker 4: I know that relative poverty and hard work are not greater adversities than affluence and abundant free time. One more time, I know that relative poverty and hard work are not greater adversities than of affluence and abundant free time.
Speaker 1: And who said that? Dallan Oakes, who is a Utah Supreme Court justice. The idea that.
Speaker 4: Having to work hard and get ahead is a blessing compared to being affluent and having lots of free time in terms of your development as a human being.
Speaker 5: I would agree with that that's been my experience. Yeah, I do not do well with free time. More on that theme through mailbag more fairly, swiftly. I don't want to beat this to death, but bratt wrights guys. The poll you discussed yesterday regarding people's outlook on the future reminded me of this thing. This part easy times make for soft people. My kids have grown up very easy compared to me, and especially compared to my father and grandfather.
Speaker 1: I don't think my kids have ever had a blister.
Speaker 4: Their easy life has made them soft and unwilling to put in any effort.
Speaker 5: I could have written that email that would.
Speaker 1: Put my experience so far. Are you I forgot to say?
Speaker 4: Drop this note mail bag at Armstrong and yetty dot com.
Speaker 1: Moving on. Don't think my kids have ever had a blister. I don't think my kids had at either.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: Valerie Rights Jack, I loved hearing about your visit to your dad's home in Iowa. My mom was born in nineteen twenty two grew up in a small coal mining town in Wyoming. Growing up in the modern suburb of Big City, I was fascinated by my mom's grandmas and ant's reminiscences about their life. It was a hard life, but they did not complain, was the frequently spoken theme. They spoke fondly about their lives, laughed, shared memories. Mom said that at Christmas there is a community event where each child received a silver dollar and an orange, So we got a diamond an orange peel at my events. Well, or you lived like a queen and her grandma actually was a teacher at one of those one room schools like your dad attended.
Speaker 5: Well, that kind of fits in with that quote. Oh yeah, you probably did this on purpose. You're a crafter of magic. But that really fits in with that quote that you open with about affluence and you know, and leisure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's funny. Was my dad and his sister were telling all the stories. There was no that was awful or that was so hard or anything. It was. It was all kind of smiling, wistfully looking back on that lifestyle. Yeah, yeah, may be happy it was over.
Speaker 4: Just out of curiosity all all parents, especially, you know, if your kids are grown, what is your most cherished memory with each of your children? You know, you might have to think about it. I'd have to think about it. One that pops to mind is something my daughter and I did. That was very, very difficult cherish that memory, all sorts of fun times at amusement parks and stuff. You'd have to remind me that to even happened.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 4: I didn't get We didn't get satisfaction out of it. We got amusement out of it. And I'm pro amusement, trust me. Satisfaction is different thing. Yeah, moving along unless you have more.
Speaker 5: Satisfaction is way more valuable and deeper in the better feeling long term than amusement. God, amusement is almost worthless. It's barely okay in the time and has no lasting memory. It's just a breath you take before you go off and seek more satisfaction. I think Ryan from Houston with a really good and perceved email.
Speaker 4: The title is we are Doomed, Ryan. I'm not in the mood. Maybe later, maybe another time, but good stuff. I would like to hear it. Yeah, Nick in Minnesota, right, guys, I heard you talking about how you think Trump's tariffs on India are doing more harm than good and driving them into the arms of China. Just wanted your take on what you think Trump should do about them buying Russian oil the whole reason he cranked up the tariffs over the last month or so, he was because they would not stop buying Russian oil. If, as you've said many times, we need to put more pressure on Russia to stop the Ukraine War, I don't see a better way to do it than trying to starve the Russian war machine of funds. Well, that's absolutely true, Nick, You know, I don't mean to be snarky. He imposed the tariffs and drove India into the arms of Shijin Ping and Vladimir Putin, and they're still buying Russian oil and will continue.
Speaker 1: So A.
Speaker 4: It didn't work. B. That's what makes this stuff hard. It's almost like, you know, parenting or whatever. You can only exert so much negative pressure before you've alienated somebody to the point that you have no effect on them anymore.
Speaker 5: You gotta be careful, right. There's also though the bad outcome might have been gonna happen no matter what.
Speaker 4: Anyway, that's absolutely true. Yeah, Nick, I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm just saying this stuff is hard and well, and it takes really really smart, perceptive people to do it well.
Speaker 1: And that's why they're legends of history, honestly, and finally this Margaret.
Speaker 5: Margaret went to the cracker barrel played the IQ test game, the new one. Not only Jack, everybody gets a trophy verbiage on it. No more calling you a moron.
Speaker 4: Or an ignoramus No, it's everybody's a winner in this game. But it's cheap Chinese made and the word embarrassed is embarrassingly spelled incorrectly on the game.
Speaker 5: I heard that, yeah, and it's cheap plastic now instead of the way it used to be.
Speaker 1: Oh man, the good times are long on America. Come on, Armstrong and Getty