Speaker 1: You are listening to The Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening to The Dan Patrick Show podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday morning nine to noon Eastern or six to nine Pacific on Fox Sports Radio. Find your local station for The Danpatrick Show at Foxsports Radio dot com, or stream us live every day on the iHeartRadio app by searching FSR, or stream us live on the Peacock app. Final hour in this Wednesday, Dan and the Dan Nuts Dan Patrick Show come on in Stay a While, Gangzo here, including Fritzie Ian Rappaport NFL Network insider. I got a lot of questions to ask him about the Raiders who let go their head coach and their GM last night, Dave Ziegler and Josh McDaniels. They're probably going to go to a backup quarterback now. I don't know if that'll be for the rest of the season. Jimmy Garoppolo's time is running out in Las Vegas eight seven to seven to three DP Show Tyler standing by to take your phone calls. Autograph calendars. They are almost sold out. If you want one for the holidays. Dan Patrick Show twenty twenty four calendar is available at dan Patrick dot com. We spent a lot of time first two hours we talked some football. With the trade deadline, the Niners got Chase Young. The Bears were reportedly interested in Chase Young. They instead went with Montes Sweat. Now, I don't know if you know. The Niners kind of swooped in, took Chase Young, and then they reached out to the Commanders the Bears did to get Montrez Sweat. I don't understand that move at all, because you're not winning. You're bringing in a pretty good player, but you're bringing him in he's in the last year of his contract. Is he part of the rebuild? Because you're not winning anything anytime soon. Chase Young is going into a team that should be a whole lot better up front. Their sack rate is under five percent, which ranks twenty sixth in the NFL. Might even be worse than that. I'm not even including the game against the Bengal, but San Francisco up front, there was supposed to be that was going to lead the team, that defense, Bosa Armstead, Javon Hargrave. They have fallen off the expectation level here. So there's three losses in a row. They're trying to bolster that defensive line and bringing in Chase Young. But Chase Young is in the fourth year of his deal. Washington didn't pick up his fifth year option, and now you're getting doesn't cost you a lot, maybe a half year rental there. But Josh Dobbs went to the Vikings.
Speaker 1: I host.
Speaker 2: I hope Josh Dobbs plays well because he played well for Arizona, made them interesting at least, and they weren't pushovers as I think most of his thought. So now is Kyler Murray coming back? But Josh Dobbs goes to the Vikings. I think the Vikings can still be a playoff team or at least a contender.
Speaker 1: Yes, Paulie.
Speaker 3: If the Arizona Cardinals start Clayton Tune a rookie, and get rid of Josh Jobbs and continue to keep, let's say the next three weeks a healthy Kyler Murray on the bench, their organization is tanking.
Speaker 2: Okay, but I don't think they're going to keep Kyler Murray out. I was told by somebody in the know that they're going to play Kyler Murray because you know, you have polar opposites here. Kyler Murray wants to play to keep his job there, whereas Arizona do they want him to play because if they lose, then they can get the quarterback that they want. That coaching staff did not sign up Kyler Murray, and then I'm wondering, do you want Kyler Murray to be your quarterback.
Speaker 1: I still think.
Speaker 2: Atlanta would be a great landing spot for him with that team, with those with those weapons, that would be fun to watch. I just I think Arizona needs to move on from Kyler Murray if they can.
Speaker 4: Yes, Martin, I think Atlanta's a really good spot because they'd be box office, they'd be fun, like, you know what, Hey, let's put them on Monday night. Let's just see what they have and they'll have an early season Monday night football game or Sunday night football game.
Speaker 2: I love Bjeon Robinson, Pitts, Drake London. They have some pieces there. I don't know how good Arthur Smith is, but he's an offensive minded head coach. You put Kyler in there because Desmond Ritter is not the answer.
Speaker 4: Yes, Martin, Kyle Pitts, I know he's got a I'm not sure what to think about because there's sometimes where he'll have a big game and the other time he'll just be non existing.
Speaker 2: I remember watching him in college and I thought, oh my god, like whoever is going to draft him? And then he was a top five pick. Now, granted, hasn't had a great quarterback play and is that all that's keeping him back? But they have names, which is dangerous sometimes. Hey, those guys should be good. I know who they are as opposed to I don't know that tight end's name with the Lions, but man, is he really good?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Pauling.
Speaker 3: Isn't Kyle Pitts the highest drafted tight end of all time?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: Vernon Davis was close, but like Kyle Pits was supposed to be not a project, a sure thing. Yeah, a Rookie of the Year candidate, Yes, yes.
Speaker 1: Vernon Davis. What did he go like seventh?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: I know where he won, But was he like seventh or eighth that he was taken? By the way, if you're watching on Peacock, thank you download the app if you haven't done so.
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 5: What was he?
Speaker 1: Pauline?
Speaker 3: The six picks Vernon Davis of the six draft? He was pick number six.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 3: Kellen Winslow Junior the third. Yeah, that's they're up there with the highest picks.
Speaker 2: Ever, is he still in prison? Kellen Winslow on the second. Yeah, I'm not sure how long his sentence was. All right, pull question seating for the final hour. We got some phone calls to get Ian Rappaport will stop by as well. Rangers roll the Diamondbacks eleven seven. They're up three games to one, Seaton.
Speaker 1: What do you have for me? Damn? We put up there.
Speaker 7: If these jobs were available, where would you want to coach? You have the Bears, the Raiders, and the Commanders. Okay, right now, the Raiders are winning with about forty one percent of the vote, Bears in second, Commander's third.
Speaker 1: But it's pretty close. It's pretty close.
Speaker 2: See the Commanders feels like they're going to spend the Bears I don't think so, and the Raiders, I don't think so.
Speaker 7: So like Commanders, you're basically just riding that new owner energy.
Speaker 1: Yes right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's like when you get in a new car and has that new car smell, and then it's gonna wear off and then it might smell differently.
Speaker 7: Bears is like history and it's the Chicago Bears. Hey, yeah, like a legacy franchise.
Speaker 1: If you're the Bears, do you reach out to Jim Harble?
Speaker 7: If you're the Raiders, do you reach out to Jim Harble?
Speaker 2: Or have you already? It's it's difficult to get fired during the season. Yeah, like how bad is the job you're doing? And I know this gives you a head start here, and then I think if you're the Raiders, the last thing you want them to do then is go on a winning streak, And then you can't fire your coach because.
Speaker 1: You're like, man, they're falling out, you're playing well.
Speaker 2: Back to baseball, the Rangers have won ten straight road playoff games, longest postseason road winning streak in baseball history. They hit for the cycle the team cycle in the second inning. They had a single double trip on a home run in the same inning. And the last time that happened was Game five of the nineteen ninety one World Series with the Atlanta Braves. Steat of the day sat the day, best stat of the day, stat of the day?
Speaker 3: Here comes that? What stat of the day?
Speaker 2: Rangers can close it out tonight? You know, it's been tough for the World Series. First of all, it's not a Marquee matchup. They had a game on a Friday night. They had a game on a Monday night. You had last night with Halloween, so you had Monday night football, you had Halloween a game on a Friday night. And it's not an enticing matchup. It's a matchup that the local fan bases have really enjoyed and gone crazy over as far as showing up for these games. And that's all it is. You know, it's not the Fall Classic the way it once was. You know, you can look for storylines here, but first game was wonderful. But you know, you have to be a really die hard fan, and if you're a Ranger fan or a Diamondback fan, don't worry about national coverage what people think of your team. Nobody's talking about it. I mean, look at the shows on Fox Sports one, all of those shows that they have that talk sports. They don't even cover the World Series, and they carry the World Series that tells you everything you need to know. And Fox Sports one they dictate what the programming is on those shows, they tell them what to cover, and you're not even covering the Fall Classic.
Speaker 1: So enjoy it.
Speaker 2: It's been an incredible run for both of these teams, the Rangers are the better team.
Speaker 1: Diamondbacks have been a great story. Enjoy it.
Speaker 2: You're not going to get the respect you deserve. Don't even ask for it. Just enjoy it. Arizona comes back, great, Texas wins it tonight. Enjoy it. It's a World Series and you want it. Yes, he'd If those other shows are not covering the World Series, which is a massive property, don't own. That's a colossal failure on somebody's part because one of the things that a place like ESPN does best is surround the things that they own, you know, is that everybody's talking about whatever they have going on, and that's why it feels like it's the biggest thing in the world. And that's why when you know they had hockey, it was doing pretty well and then it completely disappeared for a handfully and then it came.
Speaker 1: Back and it was like, hey, look at we're back. Hockey's back.
Speaker 2: Normally, if you're carrying the game, then you would have your shows that lead into the game talk about it. Yes, And that hasn't been the case because those shows go heavy on football.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 2: They do not cover most well. Skip Bayless will cover the Lakers, but they they do football for the most part. But you're not even covering baseball and you're carrying it, which is surprising. And I know the ratings are bad. We knew they were going to be bad. They're going to be historically bad.
Speaker 1: It's okay.
Speaker 2: If I'm a Ranger fan, wear that championship, you know shirt proudly. Where's when's the parade? If they happened to win this same with Arizona? You got there, you had eighty four wins. It's a great story.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: Let me see stat of the day, brought to you by Panini America, the official trading cards at the Dan Patrick Show. You see, Paully had a Corey Seeger question. He's the first shortstop to hit three home runs in a single World Series. By the way, case you were wondered, all right, what is your Corey Seeger question?
Speaker 3: So I spend a lot of money, I spend a lot of time thinking about this. Cory Seger was a very good player for the Dodgers, made a couple of All Star teams, Rookie of the Year, not an MVP, you know, but a very good career with the Dodgers. Wins the title. He was World Series MVP and NLCS MVP for the Dodgers same year. That's great. He if they if the Rangers win the World Series, I would almost bet that he's gonna win World Series MVP again with all the home runs he's got in the playoffs and he's an All Star of the past two years forty you know, he had like thirty three homers. I don't know if he's going to the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 1: I don't think so.
Speaker 3: No, but he's got a very good career. I think I would take Corey Seger's career if he wins MVP again over a lot of careers.
Speaker 1: Would you take it over Mike Trump?
Speaker 3: I would absolutely take it over Mike Trout. And I thought about this.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 3: I thought about this because wow, it's it's and I know this is not going to be popular, but I'm really competitive. I'd love to win. Corey Seeger is going to go down as a Dodger legend and maybe a Texas Rangers legend. He will maybe not get into the Baseball Hall of Fame, which is subjective, but he was directly responsible if they win tonight. For two World Series wins, directly responsible he's gonna have World Series MVP twice and he'll be overlooked maybe or this maybe sneaks him in the Hall. But you know, I would rather have Eli Manning's career over who's Dan Marino. We talked about this before. It's just I don't know when I look at it. Mike Trout's gonna walk around the rest of his life and they're gonna say, first ballot, there goes Mike Trout. One of the greatest hitters ever to walk the earth, however, and that they however, never played in big games, never did anything. Corey Seeger is not gonna have no regrets. He may not get invited to Cooperstown, yeah, but he will be.
Speaker 1: You would take Eli Manning over Dan.
Speaker 3: Marino, Yes, and it's not It's weird to say, but man, I want to be responsible for my team winning the title, two titles even better. And Dan Marine was a high end as it gets for an athlete to not win a title. It might be the ultimate athlete to not win a title. He's so good.
Speaker 2: But then you're taking Julian Edelman over some Hall of Fame wide receivers.
Speaker 3: I'm guessing I'll take Julian Edelman over Calvin Johnson. Randy Moss I didn't have a ring, right he does not?
Speaker 2: No, No, they lost to the Giants. Would you take Juliana Edelman's career over Randy Moss?
Speaker 3: I would, because I know I don't think it's that crazy.
Speaker 7: Actually, there's something to be said for winning. Winning is great. I know winning is awesome.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 3: I don't think I'd ever regret not getting the Hall of Fame, because that's a judgment of somebody else. But I think I would regret not getting a Super Bowl ring or a World Series title. Yeah, And I just want to throw that out there. Corey Seeger is probably gonna be in this position in twenty four hours.
Speaker 2: Okay, a couple of phone calls in here. Let me see Tyler in Portland. Hi, Tyler, what is on your mind today?
Speaker 6: Hey?
Speaker 1: Hey, good.
Speaker 6: A second time caller six two three fifteen, collar and lift your build. My question for you is Packers. I'm a Dieard Packer fan.
Speaker 1: Oh you're dying hard. You're dying hard for sure.
Speaker 6: That's my question. What do you think you think we're going to be rebuilding for a while or you think they can get this turnaround in the next year. I.
Speaker 2: Okay, it comes down to Jordan Love. You got to figure out if Jordan Love is going to be your guy. I was high on Jordan Love. I think the Pacor Packers thought they knew what they had in Jordan Love. I think the roster is a lot more talented than their showing because I thought that they were going to be a playoff team this year and be up there with Detroit. So I totally misread the Packers and Jordan Love right now the favorite to lead the NFL in interceptions. If if you said Jordan Love and Jimmy G you would be correct. Uh, Jimmy G is not going to lead the NFL in interceptions because I don't think he's going to be playing as much as Jordan Love. Then it's Josh Allen, Sam Howell, Patrick Mahomes and Mac Jones.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 3: Do you remember my preseason when we did hot takes and we had the Hot Take Draft, I said Jordan Love would lead the NFC in touchdown fastest. Okay, I should have just had d the category. Yes, we find that one.
Speaker 1: Let's see, is it shinel in California?
Speaker 8: How are you doing?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 9: In California?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Five eleven T thirty five. How are you guys doing this morning?
Speaker 10: Good?
Speaker 1: Good good.
Speaker 9: I was just giving you a call. I'm getting married this weekend on Saturday, and I plan on taking my wife or newly wife golfing with me on Sunday, and I've been lying tore telling I'm shooting in the nineties and I'm a plus one ten. So I just wanted to see if I should keep lying to should tell you the true before we go on someday.
Speaker 1: Does your wife play golf?
Speaker 9: Absolutely not, she does. She watches it sometimes with people never played, you know what.
Speaker 2: Then I would sort of just go along with it with the scoring. Maybe she's not going to go what did you get on that hole? And then you go, I had a triple?
Speaker 1: Ah?
Speaker 11: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think you had a quad. Maybe.
Speaker 2: But you can't start out your marriage with a lie if you're deceiving her about your golf score. Plus, you can find out more about somebody on a golf course than you can any other time. If I spend four hours on a golf course with you, I'm going to find out exactly who you are. If you are funny, interesting, you cheat at golf, like there's your competitive. But you can't just tell your wife, you know what, I was trying to impress you hunt and you know what, I have to be honest with you. I'm not that good a golfer. And then she's gonna go, oh, honey, you're going to be in the Hontan. You're still in the honeymoon phase. Go get it done, get it, get it over with, pull the band aid on. I'm just say I'm not any good at golf, honey, but I'm really good at loving you. Where my handicap, you're more of a plus one ten on that too, what Marvin.
Speaker 4: Dating usually starts off with a lie anyway, because you're not the real you, Like Chris Rock said, you're your representative. You're presenting the best version of you. And also live with you know, your potential husband or wife live with them first. That would be my suggestion, because you going to find out if you like them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, did anybody lie to start their relationship with their wives?
Speaker 6: Todd?
Speaker 1: Did you fabricate anything?
Speaker 10: I did not.
Speaker 3: I wasn't upfronts about how difficult my mom can be.
Speaker 4: And if you're a little wacky.
Speaker 1: Really outside of that, you know, you know you should have told you should have told me.
Speaker 10: She means, well, my mom puts that over everything that happens.
Speaker 2: She means, well, yes, however crazy she makes everybody, anybody else, maybe not tell the truth. They were full truth when they met their wives seton.
Speaker 1: I don't think so. I don't think so.
Speaker 7: We were pretty like right up front, like shockingly upfront about a lot of things right from the night we met, Like, so.
Speaker 1: Do you ever want to get married? Nope? You ever want to have kids? Nope?
Speaker 7: It's like, oh, okay, cool, you want to go get a beer?
Speaker 1: Yep?
Speaker 7: And it was almost exactly like that verbatim. So I don't know, Marvin, did you deceive No?
Speaker 4: When I met her, I wasn't trying to marry her.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, that's when you're probably lie most No, no, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 4: This was this was college when I met her, and I was I was in these streets heavy.
Speaker 2: Wait, what are you talking about? Were you a huggy bear from Star skiing on a streets?
Speaker 4: Urban dictionary for you guys. So when somebody says they belong to the streets, they're single, and they're a man about town.
Speaker 1: Yes, so they're saying he was enjoying his single life. Correct.
Speaker 4: So if you go on Urban Dictionary say oh, someone belongs to the streets, that means you are single and you're ready to mingle. That's what that means.
Speaker 7: I think Marvin's Urban Dictionary translator is pretty funny.
Speaker 1: No cap yeah, yeah in the streets, yeah pull.
Speaker 3: Dan, I was also in the streets.
Speaker 1: I'm going face down in the street.
Speaker 3: I was more on the sidewalk, Dan, that's more of a sidewalk guy. When I met my wife, because she told me how old she was and it was quite a bit younger than me, I avoided how old I am during that night, the first we're talking, I think, just I go, he goes, yeah, I'm twenty six. I'm at whatever. I go, Oh cool, I mean wanted a drink and I just try to avoid the topic. So I avoided.
Speaker 2: Let's take a break. Ian Rapaport will join us coming up. Uh, take a break back after this. What's your favorite part of Football Sunday?
Speaker 1: The game?
Speaker 2: Friends, family, tailgating? How about football? How about food with football kings? Hawaiian Slider Sunday the original Hawaiian sweet rolls, slider buns, pretzel slider buns, soft fluffy irresistible just like Fritzy, and they're so versatile you can create any kind of slider for your football get together. How about the barbecue Bacon Meatball Sliders recipe inspiration You can find it. It's being described as scrumptious. You can go to Kingshwaiian dot com. Now what's on the barbecue Bacon Meatball Sliders? Savory meatballs made from hickory smoke, bacon, ground beef, sweet brown sugar barbecue sauce, then topped with cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion pickles stacked on the og. The original Sweet Rolls. Football Sundays Nobody Sundays the Way kings Hawaiian. Thanks for listening to The Dan Patrick Show podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday morning nine until noon eastern six to nine Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and you can find us on the iHeartRadio app at FSR or stream us live on the Peacock app. The superbly versatile All Electric EQB from Mercedes Benz impressively techy and surprisingly roomy with available seating fro up to seven vehicle all electric feeling all Mercedes. Learn more at mbusa dot com. Slash EQB Ian Rappaport NFL Network, NFL dot Com Insider and you can see him Monday through Friday on The Insiders at one Eastern. Also Dolphins chiefs Airs Sunday at nine thirty am Eastern, exclusively on NFL Network. Ian, thanks for joining us. What's the deal that didn't get done yesterday?
Speaker 10: Hi? Sorry about that? The deal that didn't get done yesterday?
Speaker 2: Anything close that didn't get done or you thought that there was talk about.
Speaker 10: I would say there's not a lot that got close that didn't get done, because usually what happens is if a team is talking about it when you get to like Monday or Tuesday, usually those teams wanted to do a deal, right. I was a little surprised Hunter Renfro didn't go to the Saints. I thought there was a chance that might happen. Now once the Monday deadline at four pm came up of players' contracts to be adjusted pre trade. Once that happened, then a deal wasn't going to happen. But I think that was one that I thought. You know, I was maybe a little surprised that Denver or Minnesota didn't trade off any of their big pieces. But Denver won and kind of has like sneakily looked not bad the last couple of weeks, and then the vikings are at five hundred, so I understand why those deals didn't get done. But I mean, you know, it was another deadline of us talking about some really big names and then sometimes some other big names are the ones that ended up getting delt.
Speaker 2: Help me understand what Mark Davis and why he decided to make this move with his coaching staff.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean the coaching staff I can sort of understand. Josh McDaniels fired last night around nine to forty five. Actually I think ten forty five Eastern, around seven forty five local time than the news announced by the team one am Eastern time. You know, the product was really bad. I mean for a team that's like kind of talented, the product on the field was really bad. Jimmy Garoppolo played bad. The offense has been bad. I'm using the word bad a lot because it's bad, and I think that for the coaching staff makes sense. So what went into Mark Davis's decision is he's been having meetings over the course of the last week or so, dinners, meetings, et cetera. With some of the key team leaders, DeMont Adams, Josh Jacobs, et cetera, and kind of getting an understanding of like the culture of the locker room, helping him inform his decision. Then it ended up, you know, leading Josh McDaniels to get fired. I was a little more surprised that the general manager, Dave Ziggler got fired. That to me was a little surprising because usually GMS at least gets to pick their a head coach. These guys kind of came in together. But you know, this was the decision that was made and that's you know what Mark Davis went with, which is a clean house and starting over.
Speaker 2: But did that impede them maybe making any moves that the fact that you don't have a coach or a GM.
Speaker 10: No, Now, this all happened, the actual news happened after the deadline yesterday, right, But obviously for Mark Davis, he knew that something may be going on. I would say for about a week or so those in the building were like, this is bad or something is not right. Okay, so like you knew something was happening. But it seemed to me that the reason they didn't trade I guess DeVonta Adams would have been the big piece. So though people called about Josh Jacobs, they called about Max Crosby. The reason why is that Mark Davis likes the players and basically his choice was, I want to keep these players and win with these players. We just need a better coach and I guess general manager to do it. That was kind of the decision that he went through and that's why it wasn't a fire sale.
Speaker 1: How attractive is this job.
Speaker 10: It's a head coaching job in the NFL. They're not a lot of those. It is a roster that has some talent, has some young talent. Definitely need a quarterback. Well, I shouldn't say definitely may need a quarterback. Ad O'Connell is the rookie fourth rounder. He's going to start this week. He's pretty impressive and there are some people that really, really really like him. If he's the guy, if they find Kirk Cousins, whoever, then this is more attractive, right. But I would say, you know it's attractive, and that there's pieces. I think what you're asking is, does Mark Davis make it more unattractive?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 12: Is that fair?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 10: And I would say every owner wants to win, very badly. Like I understand, I think Mark Davis wanted to show more patience, but given with the product they showed on national TV, I understand why he did what he did with the coaching staff. Like I don't think this is like a rash, non thinking decision made by Mark Davis. I think it was a well thought out decision.
Speaker 1: What's Brady's involvement with the Raiders.
Speaker 10: If he has any involvement, and I have not heard that he does, then it is essentially as an informal right because he's not an owner, he doesn't have a deal there. He's not able to sort of function on behalf of the team in any set like that. His ownership's take has not been improved in It is not official, and it's not happening. I never was told by anyone I would trust that Mark Davis is leaning on him. I would be curious what he would have said for one of his favorite coaches being fired. But I never knew that Brady was consulted on this, and I'd never heard that his deal is done anyway.
Speaker 1: Help me understand what's going on in Washington.
Speaker 10: That one is a little sort of easier to grasp. I think for Josh Harris and the new owner. I think what he has wanted was the ability to have some resources right now. Obviously, the commanders had two guys they could have paid. They had Chase young they had Montest Sweat. In the end, they decided that instead of paying both, which was never really gonna happen, one was probably gonna leave him free agency get what amounts to a competittory pick. Now, okay for Chase younging that makes sense, and then the Montest Sweat deal is just too good to pass up. Because if you're the Commanders, it's not just do I want to keep Montest Sweat, it's do I want to keep them plus twenty five million dollars or whatever it ends up being. So I have no idea whether or not Washington is going to need a quarterback for the future, but I know it's possible. And so basically what they did was say, we're going to say goodbye to two edges who we really like but who are going to be very expensive. We're going to get more picks in case we need to use them to go find a quarterback. And the fact that we have to start over from the ground up is okay, and obviously calls into question like are there going to be some other people who are going to be starting over coaching staff, personnel, Like, there's a lot of questions, and I think all those were already there, but it just kind of heightens those questions.
Speaker 2: Ian Rapaport, NFL Network Insider, what are the Bears doing?
Speaker 10: So of all the things, this was the one. The Montes Sweat deal was the one that I think was the biggest curiosity. I my personal opinion, which matters literally zero, with all due respect to myself, I kind of liked it because what it was was you put a little deposit in a second round pick and you get a great free agent for the future who will now you will now pay right, We've seen people do in the past. Dave Gettolman did it for Leonard Williams. Everybody lost their mind. Turned out to be a great deal. He was a pro bowler for the Giants. That's what the Bears are hoping for. You pay a little bit, now you get Montes Sweat who might not have signed there in free agency, No, would not have signed, and they're in free agency and you pay them and you just add to a really good roster. It is not for everyone. Some people would rather just take your chance in free agency and have the second rounder. But you know what you are getting. You know that Montesuet is a good player. That's why to me that pick seems worth it.
Speaker 2: If the Niners didn't lose three in a row, would they have traded for Chase Young.
Speaker 10: The way they lost it? I would say that definitely contributed, you know what I mean, Like the defense really struggling, not having the front end together with the back end, and kind of giving up a bunch of point. Now, Joe Burrow's awesome, so like awesome, but some of the other losses not as much. Definitely contributed, And I think for the forty nine ers, like this is what the trade deadline is for, right. You have a team that's really good, who struggled a little bit, who's like, you know what, instead of being all good, we need one, we need a little infusion of juice. Remember a couple of years ago, the forty nine Ers traded for Emmanuel Sanders and kind of like gave them that juice for the second half of the season. Like I could kind of see Chase Young being that like it's not like, okay, well, now they have an edge presence opposite Nick Bosa. They're good. It's not like that. It's just sometimes new energy and new talent helps everyone. I think that's what they're hoping for.
Speaker 1: What's Arizona doing.
Speaker 10: They're waiting for Kyler. So the Josh Dobbs deal made sense because he was probably gonna be the backup, So you get a little pick for him, lets him go start, Totally fine. I think they want to look at their young quarterback, which they're gonna get on Clayton Toun and that's cool, and you're gonna see him this week, and then Kyler either plays a little bit this week possible or doesn't and just wait till next week and at least Arizona gets a look at do we have a backup quarterback for the future or not. The other thing is Kyler has been practicing for It'll be three weeks and then it'll be four weeks before his start, so that's training camp. I think the most important thing for them is is Kyler at one hundred percent when he plays, and I think that's where he's gonna be next week if assuming he starts.
Speaker 2: Good to talk to you is always know you're busy. Thanks for spending some time.
Speaker 10: Absolutely man, tick care.
Speaker 2: That's I in Rapaport, NFL Network, NFL dot Com, National Insider, and you can see the Chiefs and the Dolphins. Keep this in mind, write it down because that's nine thirty am Eastern on Sunday from Frankfurt, Germany. James in Virginia joins us.
Speaker 9: Hi, James, Oh, thank you for taking my call.
Speaker 8: Brother. Happy Wednesday, DP, Damn Matt, Salute the commanders, man oh Man Sell Sell Sell. It's just a fire sail in Washington, Man. But I gotta say I can't be mad about it. Montez sweat disappears sometimes in games, and they got a second round before case young Man. He's like a maverick man. He's a he's a beast on the field, but he does his thing. So I mean, they weren't going to refine them because they didn't pick up the fifty year option. I think the hardest thing about the Chase Young dealer is the year they drafted Chase Young, they passed on two in Herbert, yet they had Dwayne passes in the building. But Herbert and Toua are just a plus quarterbacks. Speaking of the quarterbacks, I don't think that they should go after a dumpster did veterans. I think they either got to stick with Sam Howe because this guy can make the throws if they can protect them, or go for a rookie if like ropin Ford was staying, trade up maybe just some picks. But I do think if they are going to get rid of the coaching staff, I think that's a parent the enemy should stay if they keep Howe, because the thing with Howe is if you bring in another coordinator, that's three systems in three years, and that's the best sentence for quarterbacks.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 8: So oh man, I can't wait to see what happens. There's still ten games, nine games left in the season, so you know, I'm riding Burgundy and Golds and I'll finished with this. It's not a lightning bolt that you had. It's a scar in the form of a lightning bolt. For Harry Potter, I definitely say, watched the movies. Man, love Harry Potter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you, Joe, thank you. Jim doesn't surprise me then he loves Harry Potter so much energy. I love that guy.
Speaker 2: Oh he's always glass half fully looking at the positives of the commanders.
Speaker 1: Yes, Marmon, and we got ten games left. Yet that's ten games a little possibly, all right.
Speaker 2: We'll take a break. Last call for phone calls. We'll hear from Aaron Rodgers after this. I remember meeting a guy and he was telling my daughters that his heart got broken. And my daughters were like, you're what. He goes my heart and they go, I don't know what you mean, No, my heart got broken, And then they eventually understood that he was saying his heart got broken. So every time I hear Keeper's Heart, I think of this poor guy whose heart got broken. But your heart won't be broken when you have Keeper's Heart. Segue. It's one of the best whiskeys you will find. Now, this is a combination of Irish and American whiskey. Nobody had ever done it. But then there's nobody like the best distiller perhaps in the world. Brian Nation, he was part of Ireland's most famous whiskey company, came to the United States to make Keepers Heart and their winning awards. They just won the world's Best Irish Whiskey by the Tasting Alliance with their ten year single math. How about that that's the best Irish Whiskey by the Tasting Alliance with their ten years Single Mom. Pick up a bottle in store today or buy online at Keeper's Heart Whiskey dot com. Use the promo CODEDP twenty twenty three for a ten dollars discount. Thanks for listening to The Dan Patrick Show podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday morning nine until noon Eastern six to nine Pacific on Fox Sports Radio, and you can find us on the iHeartRadio app at FSR or stream us live on the Peacock app.
Speaker 5: Hey, we're Cavino and Rich Fox Sports Radio every day five to seven pm Eastern.
Speaker 1: But here's the thing.
Speaker 5: We never have enough time to get to everything we want to get to, and that's why we have a brand new podcast called over Promised. You see, we're having so much fun in our two hour show. We never get to everything, honestly, because this guy is over promising things we never have time for.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you blubber lit me.
Speaker 5: Well, you know what it's called over promise. You should be good at it because you've been over promising women for years. Well, it's a Covino and Rich after show and we want you to be a part of it. We're gonna be talking sports, of course, but we're also gonna talk life and relationships. And if Rich and I are arguing about something or we didn't have enough time, it will continue on our after show called over Promised. Well, if you don't get enough Covino and Rich, make sure you check out over Promised and also Uncensored, by the way, so maybe we'll go at it even a little harder.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be the best after show podcast of all time.
Speaker 11: There you go, over Promising, Remember you could see on YouTube, but definitely join us. Listen to over Promised with Covino and Rich on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: Last call for phone calls. What we learn once in store tomorrow. Rangers Diamondbacks Game five could be the final game of the season. Rus Bochi is going to the Hall of Fame Texas manager. It's either World Series or bust. I mean, he's been incredible. Won what three World Series titles with the Giants and now here on the doorstep of another one with the Texas Rangers. How many managers have won and I know I'm ahead of myself, have won four World Series titles and not made it to the Hall of Fame. I'd be curious, but what he did with the Giants, and those Giants teams all seem like each team was different, like you had Kung Fu Panda. I mean, they had like these different kind of characters there, Bumgardner, you know, they just they had fun players, Timmy Lincicom, Tim lincecm. It was a fascinating, fascinating career. He had what two or three great years and you watch that wind up and you go, that won't last. But while he's doing it, it was pretty impressed.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 2: Uh So, Bruce Bochie and the Rangers on the doorstep of another World Series title.
Speaker 3: Yes, pum, if he gets four, he's tied with Joe Tory modern era. There's no one in the modern era over for you gotta go back like guys like Joe McCarthy, Casey Stengele, Connie Mack and Joe Tory's got four.
Speaker 2: And he's really well liked. Bruce Bochie is well liked in the baseball community writers. He's a wonderful guy to be around. And I think first time I ran in him was spring training in Arizona. Walked into a bar and uh we talked about how big his head was, almost exclusively Yeah, but he had an eight head.
Speaker 3: So you know what, I think you asked him if you took if he took his hat off, could you put ice in a six pack of beer in? And it was like a real discussion.
Speaker 2: I just meet him, and I mean, he couldn't have been nice nicer. He was with the padres. Kevin Towers was there.
Speaker 1: I think the GM. I just memor he was at the bar and walked up to him.
Speaker 2: We started talking, and uh, somehow we got around out big hit at.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think he said yes. I think he said yes, yes, yes.
Speaker 3: How quickly did you get such a positive vibe?
Speaker 1: Remember you felt like you're gonna drop that on him?
Speaker 4: So earlyer than just a meeting the guy?
Speaker 1: Early spring training is loose and uh, you just he was there, You walk up. How you doing got a giant head? I was wondering that.
Speaker 2: I didn't say it like like first thing. I mean it was the second thing I said. I was like, hey, skip p how are you man? You got a big head? Could I put a six bag in your hat? Charming final results of the pole question we got this day in sports history, we got college football coming up tonight.
Speaker 3: Dan, you got ball State at Bowling Green. You have Kent State at Akron. I think you may have some more one double a action Mississippi Valley State at Bethune Cookman, Okay, keep an eye on that.
Speaker 1: All right, Seaton. Final results of the pole question.
Speaker 7: If these jobs available, where would you want a coach?
Speaker 8: Right now?
Speaker 7: It's Raiders, Bears, and Commanders in that order. The funny thing about this poll question is that in the comments on Twitter, every single one of them apparently are high. Each one of these teams, Bears, Raiders, and Commanders are hiring Jim Harbaugh.
Speaker 1: Oh Okay Land with the Redskins.
Speaker 2: Aaron Rodgers was on McAfee show yesterday and I said, as soon as Kirk Cousins blew out his achilles, I said, I hope Aaron Rodgers reaches out to him.
Speaker 1: And Rogers addressed that situation.
Speaker 12: I actually got talked to him on the phone yesterday. I really, I really like Kirk, and I've compete against him over the years, and I have a lot of respect for him and passed on, you know, all the information I could and let him know what's been working for me. Not sure what he ends up doing. But because the rehab has been great, because I feel so good, obviously, people have been interested in what I'm doing, and you know, I've just been passing along what's been working for me. Obviously, I'm a big believer in doctor Elatrosh So that's the direction i'd probably point anybody to do. But you know, it just depends on what they're willing to do and how much you know, freedom they have to get out west. But definitely the type of surgery I did, I think is going to be way more mainstream moving forward. It's not for everybody, not for everybody type.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, if I'm kirk Cousin, sure i'd certainly. You know, after you talk to Rogers and then he tells, you know him, this is my progress, I'm, you know, so far ahead of schedule. Now Kirk Cousins isn't going to play the rest of this season. Aaron Rodgers might, and that may have something to do with what kind of surgery he elects or the procedure with his achilles. There's no rush to get back Rogers. There's a rush to get back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But you know what's really awkward for the Vikings Kirk Cousins was playing really good football we got injured. If he was somehow playing bad football, it would make their decision in the offseason a lot easier.
Speaker 2: You still hear his name being brought about, brought up with other teams. If he's healthy, I would be surprised that Minnesota moves on from him. He's really well liked in that locker room. Falcons are expected to start Taylor Heinike this weekend, per head coach Arthur Smith. Hey, I don't think they have a starting quarterback, you know, Desmond Ritter, Taylor Heineke. Okay, they got to figure that out. Because you have these weapons, you got to get a quarterback. Pretty obvious. Nice commentary, Dan, Yeah, I thought Todd was going to go. Thanks Dan, I was gonna do no, you could have.
Speaker 3: I was gonna talk about Heinekee. It's not like a place you bring in your car if you're having a muffler issue.
Speaker 1: Okay, Miniky, Yeah you go adails out? Thank you.
Speaker 2: I did uh trip in Las Vegas, Hi trip. What's on your mind today?
Speaker 13: Good morning, Dan mannet.
Speaker 8: So.
Speaker 13: I was able to go to a baseball game at crap And State and I had a quick recap for yall. Okay, so the campus was jam packed and overflowing. Most people rode in with the fudge shuttle. The team plays at Prairie Dogging Field, where the wind always blows out. The gift promotion was Plunge your Night. The team was playing with a certain looseness after facing a heart elimination last game, of which they squeezed one out. Their starting pitcher was known for dropping a nasty deuce in the bottom of the fourth inning. The right fielder had to be replaced due to a warning track accident. In the seventh inning, ten shitter Tommy Turtlehead was looking for a big blast. He just popped out. In the top of the ninth, closer Mike Scott came in and wiped the backside of the lineup clean and slammed the lid shut for victory.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you, trip, thank you trip.
Speaker 9: Great well thought out.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, he had that written down.
Speaker 3: That is a week well spent.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, this stand sports history. Yes, you know.
Speaker 2: His wife goes, what are you doing, honey, I've been working on this project for a while. Oh does it work? Uh no, it's about Crappensburg State.
Speaker 1: Oh, you're going to fix that thing in the garage.
Speaker 3: Nah, I'll get to that.
Speaker 1: You don't get around to that, all right, Paulin.
Speaker 3: Nineteen thirteen, Notre Dame defeated Army thirty five thirteen. It was the first time a forward pass was used as a weapon in a football game. M can you imagine the reaction that day? I always would have what are you doing? That's doing?
Speaker 1: It's gotta be is a replay?
Speaker 3: Okay? Right on?
Speaker 1: Cue?
Speaker 3: Jacques Plants nineteen fifty nine for the Canadians, the first goalkeeper to wear a mask totally soft of Jack Plant.
Speaker 1: Jacques Plant. I wonder what the other goalies must have thought, like, what are you doing this? Take a puck to the face at the rest of them?
Speaker 2: Come on, all these guys who have scars all over their face. And Jacques Plant's wife probably said, hey, why don't you protect your face?
Speaker 5: There?
Speaker 12: Who's an eye?
Speaker 3: A bunch of teams?
Speaker 4: What's the big deal?
Speaker 3: Twenty ten, the Giants won their first World Series since moving to California. The defeated the Rangers in five games.
Speaker 1: Mmmm uh.
Speaker 2: Who made his Boston debut and eighteen fifty on this day, seat no o' counter.
Speaker 1: Nineteen fifty Boston. I don't know what.
Speaker 7: Sport, oh, Bob Kuzi, Yes, so, I was thinking Red Sox for some reason. Why would they make their debut on it? November first, I was going.
Speaker 2: To say, Bobby York Wheeler and brought to you by Breeders Cup World Championships at Santa Anita Park. Coming up this weekend November third and fourth, the world's best thoroughbreds break from the starting gate. Expectations for this youngster Breeders Cup World Championship have great day.
Speaker 1: Everybody talked to him