Speaker 1: Hello, gorgeous as Lala Kent, Welcome back to Get them All a podcast. We are here ready to bump gums evergreen style, because Mama is ready to give hearts and I may that's coming, Baby is coming. So today's episode is going to be about sobriety because we had an overwhelming amount of people right in with their sobriety stories and their journeys experiences to the bonus episode that we did on sobriety, So I just felt the need to talk about it again. And me and my pregnancy brain put this shirt on that is so comfortable and is covered in.
Speaker 2: Alcoholic Shout out Kent, whose shirt is that?
Speaker 1: But it is my dad's shirt, and it reminds me of him and in honor of him, because I got sober six months to the day after my dad's passing. So let's try to ignore the alcoholic beverages and focus more on the.
Speaker 3: Fact that you've said it before. You're you're good. You're the first person to pour somebody else to drink.
Speaker 2: Enorm me.
Speaker 1: If there have been people around me where I'm sensing, I'm not. I'm not diagnosing, because alcoholism is a self diagnosed.
Speaker 2: Diagnosed disease.
Speaker 1: But there are moments where I'm like, I'm sensing that this could be a problem. So I'm not going to promote drinking with this person. I will offer them all of the sparkling.
Speaker 2: Beverages alcohol free, right. Yeah.
Speaker 1: But people who are like super normal and they just want to get lit because they are celebrating something, Oh honey.
Speaker 4: You'll pour? Do you overpour? Sometimes? Like do you have the people?
Speaker 2: Do you?
Speaker 3: I remember the last time that drink when I don't drink, since I haven't been drinking. When I'm with people that do drink, I'm the first person to be like, hey, let me pour that for you.
Speaker 4: Really?
Speaker 5: Hell yeah, because like the pouring of it is kind of like it's kind of like.
Speaker 6: Taking it, you know, like like you're like it's like you get the placebo effect of like you pour the shot totally see you take it, You're like, we're fucked.
Speaker 5: So yeah, I love I love pouring the drinks.
Speaker 3: I may not be the best one to be pouring them for everybody, right, getting.
Speaker 2: Everybody turned, But not everyone is like that.
Speaker 1: I have many friends in sobriety who they can't go out to bars, they can't be around drinking because it triggers them. So again, I always say that, uh sobriety is not one size fits all. Everybody's journey and experience is going to be different. Everybody works the program differently if you are in the program, which is why it kind of takes a minute to find your sponsor, you know, because it's like we're all working the program, but there's not a play by play on how it's not math.
Speaker 2: Two plus two is not always four.
Speaker 1: So you and I may be able to pour people drinks, but not everybody is able to do that.
Speaker 4: So you don't drink?
Speaker 7: Or is it just like, are you like sober from alcohol or are you like I'll do it sometimes.
Speaker 5: I'm liquor free. Okay, I'm thinking and.
Speaker 2: Dude, alcohol free.
Speaker 5: Yeah, liquor liquor free.
Speaker 4: So you still drink beer?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 5: He doesn't, Yeah, just liquor free. Do you drink beer? No? Isn't liquor is.
Speaker 2: Vodka to ke? Yeah? Hard alcohol is liquor.
Speaker 5: And then beer is not like I thought liquor was in beer.
Speaker 2: You should never be able to drink because you don't even know what it is.
Speaker 7: I don't like beer and wine And people say liquor free they're like, oh, I'll.
Speaker 4: Drink beer and wine.
Speaker 3: So when Landing was doing his cooking video, he was like, do you want to help me do this? I was like no, do you want me to open your high noon? And he was like yes, And I said, I got you on that one, so I can do that because there it is. It's like the placebo effect of me just like handing it to him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but you already don't drink.
Speaker 2: You're dry.
Speaker 5: I am dry.
Speaker 3: I am all liquor, beer, wines and spilcohol free. Alcohol free, but I am, and so is Lisa.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Alcohol free marijuana is marijuana, non free marijuana.
Speaker 5: Over doing that now.
Speaker 4: Enthusiast that I could be happier.
Speaker 2: I don't feel like you overdo the weed.
Speaker 4: I don't feel like you do either. Actually I wouldn't know.
Speaker 5: I guess here's the thing.
Speaker 3: Even if I smoke, I know I have to do something. So it's like my relationship with weed is good. I'm smoking, but I know I have to get something done. Most people will smoke and then do nothing, right, So the relationship I.
Speaker 5: Have with marijuana is a good one.
Speaker 3: It's like I smoke and now I'm productive, and there's I don't know why.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I get in that month.
Speaker 4: Do you only smoke a certain time of day?
Speaker 7: Because I remember an ex boyfriend of mine years and years ago had to start smoking only at night.
Speaker 2: No to go to bed.
Speaker 5: No, he just he it was like a reward for him, Yes.
Speaker 4: A productive day.
Speaker 7: And he started realizing like he thought he was productive when he smoked, but he wasn't. Actually it would just be a lot of thoughts and ideas. But he's like, I'm not actually getting stuff done.
Speaker 4: So he would smoke at.
Speaker 7: Night and it was like a reward. Yeah, like before bed and stuff. Yeah, do you do that or are you like you can do it whenever?
Speaker 3: No, I smoke, and then I say I need to do something because I smoke.
Speaker 4: That's really good.
Speaker 1: So that's my re I feel like you smoke like the pen And then when it's nighttime and it's like dusk dusk.
Speaker 2: He and land and go out and spark the doobies.
Speaker 7: Really, yeah, do you and watch a movie when I smoke? Those are my favorite. I love a joint or blunt hits a little hard, but a joint is so like nice, not like a face or a spliff.
Speaker 4: Really, yeah, that's what he said really, Oh yeah, I always loved the feeling of like rolling this, this.
Speaker 7: Is a sobriety I and I'm like, I love.
Speaker 4: A good margarita too.
Speaker 1: Don't worry, No, don't worry about it. I mean we're a well rounded podcast.
Speaker 7: Okay, I have a question for you, La, do you because I find it interesting you wrote about your sobriety, like why you Got Sober in your book.
Speaker 4: I do feel like you talk about it a lot and mention it a lot.
Speaker 7: However, it's always the number one people or thing when we ask whether or not on Amazon Live or whether or not on in the stories Instagram, what do you want us to talk about? They're like, Lala, we want to hear Lala's sobriety journey. Do you Does that get you frustrated because you're like, I literally talk about it all the time.
Speaker 4: I've told it many times.
Speaker 7: Or are you like, okay, yeah, I'll tell it again, Like how do you feel when that happens?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: I feel because there's as I stay in this game longer and longer, more people find out who I am, or more people start watching the show or come in contact with my Instagram, so there's always new people who maybe haven't heard it, don't know that I have a book. It's similar to like, it's not about the pasta. We've explained this that five hundred times, that happened years ago, and I'm still having to talk about it. Right, sobriety is not something that I'll ever get sick of because you're always gonna have people who also are familiar with you, sobriety doesn't necessarily affect them right now, or they're not into it, and then all of a sudden they want to get sober and they're looking for your story because they heard that I'm sober right.
Speaker 2: So, No, I don't get sick of it the posta question. I get sick of the positive question when I'm done.
Speaker 7: We did, Yes, do you mind us asking a couple questions on your sobriety before we get into other stories or would you rather get straight into other stories?
Speaker 2: No, I'm let's ask questions.
Speaker 7: I know one of the most asked questions, and we've touched on it, but they all always will be like, what was Lalla's rock bottom moment? Was there a moment where you're like, that's it, I'm done, I'm sober.
Speaker 4: You did have it? In your book. I remember reading about it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, did you feel like the plane and the coloring on the face like that was the next morning you were like, that's.
Speaker 3: It because also there's a story that you told me, and I don't know if it was in that same rock bottom moment, but you were in Vegas. Yeah, at dinner and you tripped upstairs. No, that was the same trip, same trip that was in Florida. Yeah, okay, Disney World there it is.
Speaker 1: No, there were there were many moments that I would say to myself that I needed to reel it in over, you know, the course of a few years before I got sober in twenty eighteen, where it was like I'm not going to get drunk tonight, and then I would end up drunk again, and then it was like I'm only going to drink beer and wine. And keep in mind in the Big Book they talk about this, it's like literally what I experienced. You try to limit your right. So I was like only beer and wine. And then it was like I can have a cocktail, but let's only have two. And then the cocktails turned into like in big glasses that really equaled maybe six, right, And then I did AA for a while where I was still smoking weed, and then I felt like I was making a mockery of the program.
Speaker 2: Finally I had just given up. I was like, I like to drink, and everyone's gonna have to just get over it.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: So I would say that my rock bottom moment did happen six months after my dad died, because that's when I really leaned into drinking.
Speaker 2: Drinking for me used to just.
Speaker 1: Be fun and like we'd go out on the weekends and it would make me loose back in Utide, go out maybe twice a month, you know, and I get a little lit. But it wasn't It wasn't an everyday thing. Once I moved to LA and then once I met my ex, it was really bad, okay, And I don't want to place blame on that situation. I'm just using that as the time marker of when it got bad.
Speaker 5: He made it easy.
Speaker 3: Your life was easy for you to drink every day, the responsibilities lowered. I feel like when you met him, it's not like he made you drink or things like that. Your life became easy. You were on a TV show, Things were taken care of. Your life became easier to just have fun, on Tuesday Wednesday.
Speaker 5: That's how I I.
Speaker 2: Just feel like in La, there's something happening all the time.
Speaker 5: It's crazy that Friday and Saturday is a slow night in La. Yeah, you know, it's like it's crazy.
Speaker 1: We were like Tuesday through Thursday was when we were like having the best time ever. And then Friday and Saturday is when I'd go into sir because my friends had to work, so like i'd drink, but those weren't the party nights.
Speaker 2: Tuesday through Thursday, it was like, let's fucking go.
Speaker 7: You're also, you know, not like it's the elephant in the room, but you're filming a TV show. I don't think I could film a reality TV show which thrives off of drama, thrives off of interactions that are a little more wild, and not drink because I'd be like, I'm doing my job. I'm gonna make a TV I'm gonna get loose lit say some shit. I might not I might filter myself because cameras are around.
Speaker 3: So that probably back to the point of your friend who moved who had to have drinks to make friends. It's like how you've felt the need to drink to make TV. Yeah, fall into that hole.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course, and everyone else is drinking and you are absolutely terrified being in this new environment.
Speaker 2: And then it became my norm.
Speaker 1: It was like I would be on movie sets and be drinking before scenes.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: It was like we were full blown, like off to the races of alcoholism.
Speaker 2: Right. So when I went on.
Speaker 1: At that trip to Mexico season seven, and I hadn't been drinking, but then I started sneaking drinks in the middle of the season, got wasted in Mexico. After that trip, I came home and was like, I'm never picking up alcohol again. At Jackson Brittany's engagement party, you see me talking to Stossy saying it doesn't mix. I'm gonna be sober. It did not last, okay. I was still spiraling, And then it got to the point where I just caved into the fact that I liked to drink and at some point it would go away. Mm, Like literally, I didn't give a fuck. I was like, I'm not ever gonna question this again. Like, one day I'll get pregnant and be a mom and that's when I'll stop drinking, because who would drink pregnant? Well, you'd be surprised. Addiction is a wild thing, right, So I'm in that zone. My ex says, I want us to go meet with a psychiatrist. You know, he's sensing that I need to talk to somebody. I meet with this woman. As I'm talking to her, she dismisses my ex and says, like, I would like to talk to Lalla by herself. We venture into my drinking habits. She tells me to take this number down, and I felt like she was pushing me to get help. So as I'm writing it down, I was like, are you giving this to me because you're asking me to be sober, because.
Speaker 2: That's not fucking happening.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll get sober when I get pregnant, bitch, not a few good years, right, And she was like, I'm not asking you to do anything. I'm asking you to put this number in your phone. If you use it, great, if you don't, great. We go to Florida on the family vacation to Disney Worlds. I am beyond wasted and not like the fun, like let's get a little buzzed, you know how. You see like parents that are with the kids and they're like, there's no driving involved because you're literally staying on the park and it's like, oh, that's fun. That person like works really hard, Like I'm just going to take a load off. My kids are gonna ride rides. Yes, it was not like that.
Speaker 5: I will say it was fun during the mornings.
Speaker 4: You were there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everyone was there. Yeah, my exes, whole family, my whole family. Okay, Brannan and Cheryl. Did anyone else drink with you or was it a weird like.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think no one was keeping up with me, that's for sure.
Speaker 3: But that's the thing is like she was funduring the morning and the afternoon, but that's where you would hit that one point of you over drink and then.
Speaker 5: Afternoons and dinners became nightmares, me.
Speaker 2: Falling down the stairs, I mean, mabing someone to walk me to.
Speaker 3: The bathroom, like the fun that we would have in the morning because you just had started right and then the other drinking.
Speaker 1: Is just talking about this is taking me to such a dark place that I'm having to remind myself like we don't live in that.
Speaker 2: No, exactly.
Speaker 4: And I also want to get to year one.
Speaker 7: When you hit your one and half, you felt like I want to get to that but I know a lot of people ask about rock bottom and we can.
Speaker 2: We can see.
Speaker 1: But this is why I tell people, I think it's important to talk about your rock bottom moment and in some way relive it, because it does take you back to a place where you're like, well, I'm never going there again, Like I don't want to go there. This is why we go to meetings because it's a constant I don't want to say rehashing, but it takes you to where you can remember your lowest place. And then when the speaker is sharing, they're taking you to their lowest place and you're relating, and then all of this sudden the moment that they get sober and the whole room feels like they're not suffocating anymore, and you feel inspired and you go out and you're back to loving sobriety.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So we go through Disneyland, me being wasted the entire time. We're leaving to go back to la We chartered a jet. We easton, got a bottle of Hennessy in the gift shop and I was fixated on where it was at all times.
Speaker 2: I got two roadies to take.
Speaker 3: The one thing that I will say, I was like yeah, I want to get some Hennessy for the plane.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I d.
Speaker 5: I poured one little drink.
Speaker 3: Of cocaine Hennessy and I'm just sipping it, chatting.
Speaker 2: I drink the whole thing was gone. And then.
Speaker 4: Were you concerned or were you like no, you know, everyone.
Speaker 2: Was concerned after this trip.
Speaker 5: After this trip, I was concerned.
Speaker 2: But remember my family didn't live in l A.
Speaker 5: Like, I had never seen her like this.
Speaker 1: I think there would have been an intervention. Okay, there were moments that my mom would talk to Easton. I did at moments drink and drive and that's.
Speaker 5: Where and that's where I almost got it.
Speaker 3: But that's where my mother would fly out when she would call us and we could tell she was drunk, and she was like, I'm getting away from x Y and Z, whether that be the person she was with or the eggs like the fight, but it wasn't always it was x Y and Z. Whatever the story was. She was trying to get away, but we knew she was drunk, but she was driving. And those are the times where my mother was like, yeah, like I'm flying out. So that's why she would go out and things like that is because of those reasons of that, but that's when we were scared, We were nervous.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was reckless. My life had become unmanageable.
Speaker 1: And on that plane ride when I was drinking, it was I was letting the kids because they were getting antsy. I was letting them draw with markers on my legs, letting them put makeup on my face. And then you know, we get home and funds over were back to reality and I couldn't get any drunker, and it was I was depressed.
Speaker 2: I had hit that you know, where you want.
Speaker 1: To drive your car off of a cliff because you're just in such a dark place, which is what alcohol does to a lot of people. And that's why I would continue to drink the next day because I didn't want to deal with that level of depression, right, So the cycle just continued. But I remember waking up the next morning. Easton was gone, my mom was gone, his girlfriend that he brought out was gone, and I was I had scrubbed my legs the night before because I didn't want to remember the darkness. But it didn't matter if I did that or not, because all of the marker was gone off my legs. But I woke up still and said, like admitted to myself, you're an alcoholic. You're calling the number that the woman gave you. I called my partner at the time and said, I need to talk to you at your office.
Speaker 2: Went to his office.
Speaker 1: I told him I'm an alcoholic and I'm reaching out today to get help. I had a meeting that day about something, and it was just like a very freeing moment in my life.
Speaker 2: For the first time. The elephant had like lifted off of my chest when I first entered the AA meetings, because you know, I was going and meeting with my sober coach. She was like a caseworker, Ashley.
Speaker 1: She would call me every day and I would meet with her every Thursday, and she was trying to link me up with She knew I was in a delicate position right I was also on a television show. She just wanted to handle it with care of I wasn't Kim Kardashian getting sober, but she just wanted to make sure I was protected.
Speaker 2: And so we found my sponsor. I started going to meetings.
Speaker 1: I did the whole thing, and for the first thirty days I went to this meeting and I had so much guilt because listening to Sorry, I gotta breathe, no breathe.
Speaker 5: Take a couple of them.
Speaker 1: Listening to the stories that people were it was like so many of them got into cars drunk and something horrible happened. And then here I am getting into cars drunk, acting fucking reckless for years on end and just nothing happened. Like what made me so special that my rock bottom was thirty five thousand feet in the air on a private jet. Yeah, but this person had to have his whole life change, you know, you struggle with the guilt of I just don't understand that, like why does life work that way?
Speaker 2: Like someone make it make sense.
Speaker 1: But then after I got through thirty days, this woman came up to me and she was like, you have like a bright light to you now, like you came in so defeated, and I hope me telling you this makes you come back over and over and over again, because some people fall off after thirty days.
Speaker 2: That's the hardest point to reach.
Speaker 4: Is it every day just so I know?
Speaker 7: Or is it just like thirty days, like maybe a couple days here, a couple of days there.
Speaker 1: Like meetings, Yes, No, I did ninety meetings in ninety days.
Speaker 7: Wowulation amazing whatever.
Speaker 2: I walked in and I was like, show me the way.
Speaker 1: There's no version of me. Tell me what to do, what to do, I'll eat dog shit. That'll get me fucking sober. Like, I don't care.
Speaker 2: I want what you have. What do I do?
Speaker 7: Okay, So we go back you did after the thirty days? She said, there's a bright light now. Is that the pink cloud you were talking about or no?
Speaker 2: I think she just saw it in my eyes.
Speaker 1: There was clarity, you know, like I look back on pictures like I'm like, you.
Speaker 2: Look like shit.
Speaker 1: How did you possibly walk out into the world and feel confident? Your eyes are bloodshot, your puffy is shit, your your coloring is off. You look not good, bitch, and you're going out into the world thinking that you're hitting right.
Speaker 2: That's what alcohol does see you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, you guys don't have your summer bots.
Speaker 4: You body shame people the false confidence.
Speaker 1: Right now, I can go out and have confrontation with people, but at least I can own it and be like, yeah, well there was not a proud moment. But I have no one to blame but myself. I was you know, I can't blame it on alcohol. I remember everything that happened, and although that sounds like a shitty thing, we're like, I can't blame something, right, it actually feels very good.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say it probably feels freeing.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, because to me, it's like embarrassing when I have to blame alcohol.
Speaker 4: I feel like, ugh, how gross? How grow up? I was drunk. Okay, you're thirty two, get.
Speaker 2: It together, get it.
Speaker 1: It's not cute in high school where like you leave your friends at the high school party like the rivalry team's house or whatever.
Speaker 2: You're like, I was just wasted, Sierra, Sierra, so drunk. You know, it's like not cute.
Speaker 7: Yes, okay, so happy now because you get to a year, You get to a year of sobriety are you? And there might have been a moment before a year, who knows six months where you're like, holy shit, I can't believe I made it.
Speaker 4: Do you get to a year.
Speaker 7: And you're like easy, breezy, like it's not even a big deal. How are you feeling when you get to a year, your year anniversary?
Speaker 1: You know, it was weird because I remember just randomly getting on Instagram on my five month sobriety and treating it like it was no big deal.
Speaker 2: Like, by the way, I'm.
Speaker 1: A friend of Bill W's now and then like the internet blew up was like La La Kent has a drinking problem and has been sober for five months, which is such a random number, right, And I was like, oh, this is like a kind of a big deal, right to be like someone who admits to having a drinking problem and now you're sober.
Speaker 2: So when I hit a year, it was fucking wild.
Speaker 1: When they gave me my one year chip, I was like, this is the greatest prize of my life.
Speaker 5: Every year. She's yes, wait for that second third. It's like the Lord of the Rings.
Speaker 1: You wanted Easton and my mom got me the diamond five for my five year. I still haven't gotten my five year chip.
Speaker 5: You have to go get that. I finally Jewelers for the five.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's the only thing I have that represents my five years.
Speaker 5: We love I see it a lot.
Speaker 4: You have to go get it in person. They won't mail it to you or anything.
Speaker 2: No, it's just it's special to get it in person. But now I'm you know, we're just.
Speaker 5: This year.
Speaker 1: But that's when my sponsor told me that she not my sponsor, my sober coach. I'm sorry because I was still seeing her along with my sponsor in AA meetings, but she told.
Speaker 2: Me you're my little unicorn.
Speaker 1: Why because she said it's a rare thing to have someone come in and want it so badly and not ever in the course of a year talk about wanting to drink less.
Speaker 2: Work through that because I didn't. You didn't.
Speaker 4: No, you were not tempted you.
Speaker 5: Nope, it of your rock bottom.
Speaker 3: You thought of that often, because I really I think you thinking or anybody thinking of where they were at rock bottom is a very good thing to think about.
Speaker 5: I know you hated talking.
Speaker 3: About it and thinking about it, but what did that do just for you to not drink for the next three months?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Is that what it was?
Speaker 3: I sitting your rock bottom puts you in a place again of I don't even care to talk about it because I just revisited.
Speaker 4: Or was it people counting on you?
Speaker 7: I remember seeing a clip Was it because you actually made a public statement? I remember seeing a clip on like watch What Happens Live or something, and You're like, I'm never drinking again. Was it that that you're like, well, I can't, like, what was it you think that?
Speaker 1: I just think for the first time, I was like so happy and clear, and I liked the way that I looked. I liked the way that I felt. It just was a good I never had to worry about, like getting in my car, like I'm always gonna get in my car sober, and if something bad happens, God forbid.
Speaker 2: At least I wasn't.
Speaker 5: Fucked up, you know, But I do feelings.
Speaker 1: Like that made me just want to keep staying sober, and that feeling has not ended since the day I got sober.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And for me, I.
Speaker 3: Do, I have a feeling And maybe it's subconscious on you of I think the jet and having all of them writing on you and all of that. You revisiting that moment is what will keep you sober throughout. I think so too, Even though you don't want to revisit it, revisiting it is the thing that will give you longevity and what you're doing, I think so too. And to everybody, like, that's the other thing that I'm trying to say, like for you, for everybody, if you have to revisit that thing and get disgusted, however, you have to do it with friends, family, however you do it, revisiting it for me because you've brought up those points so many times. I feel like that is what has kept you sober as well and not even wanting a drink, right, And that's just coming from me.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and what like a simple statement, but like that's probably so freeing that you said, like I could get in my car anytime I want. That's like, oh yeah, people like you could get in your car anytime you want and know you're not going to be fucked up. That is so simple but so powerful. That's like you're not trapped anywhere. You literally can leave any time you need, which probably.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, and I don't ever want because I was on a pretty high dose of anti anxiety and antidepressants. And I don't say to people like, once you get sober, you don't need meds anymore.
Speaker 2: That's not what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Like, I'm not a doctor, listen to your doctor for me personally, After I got sober, I no longer needed medication for my anxiety or depression and have not been on medication and since I got sober.
Speaker 5: Wow, But that's where I can battle you.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, about But that's why I say.
Speaker 1: That's why I say, don't listen to me, because this is just my own person.
Speaker 5: Just as much as the next person. I promise.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's meaning let me back. You're not a sober person.
Speaker 3: I smoke weed. You're right, so you're right. Maybe the weed would kick it.
Speaker 5: I don't know, and I don't know where you could battle me.
Speaker 1: I'm fully sober.
Speaker 3: But also the only other thing is you've been in this world for like a decade of.
Speaker 5: Just getting.
Speaker 1: They all say that the comments section won't affect that until.
Speaker 3: Until you're in that thing, and you're like, you know what, I'm a little just stay home for a couple of years.
Speaker 5: But no, you're right. You're right.
Speaker 2: I'm not sober, so I can't not change anything.
Speaker 5: It may not, but i'm not.
Speaker 7: But we all have different it's all relative. We all have different brains, chemicality, your doctor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't listen to me. I'm just coming from personal experiences, right.
Speaker 4: Thank you for sharing that with us, law.
Speaker 7: Is there anything else you want to say about your sobriety story for now in your journey?
Speaker 4: I know we have other stories to share, but I.
Speaker 1: Think the biggest thing is that my sobriety has made it so that I can be the person that the daughter my mom deserves, the sister that Easton deserves.
Speaker 2: And there are.
Speaker 1: Moments where I'm a hot head and I don't want to listen, and I always think that my feelings are facts. The difference is is once I retreat after battle, I can understand where the other person is coming.
Speaker 5: From, back to where we go for the jugular.
Speaker 2: Right, That's just in my nature.
Speaker 5: Yes, is what we all do. I do it now too.
Speaker 1: We all do it, yes many and my family not the world this Yeah, and it's allowed me to be the parent that Ocean deserves. Yeah, because I would not be this kind of mom if I was not sober.
Speaker 7: That's really sweet and great. Yeah, thank you for sharing that, And I'm really glad. I don't even know if we've done a full on like just you know.
Speaker 3: Guests talking about I love you, I love your way more.
Speaker 4: Do you want to get into some shared stories?
Speaker 2: I know?
Speaker 7: Okay, So we did a few longer ones the last time or whenever the Sober Bonus episode aired. So I'll do like a few of the short ones that people wrote in so this person, I'll start with us. My husband just entered a thirty day program for alcoholism.
Speaker 4: Any words of advice.
Speaker 1: Ooh, I would suggest going to number one.
Speaker 2: That's incredible, congratulations.
Speaker 1: I think alan On is extremely beneficial to people who have been on the receiving end of an addict because as much as it is a disease and the person is not who they are truly when they're under the influence, you know, we have deeply affected people, and I think that that could be beneficial. And also I would say sticking to one day at a time is like the most important thing, Like do not look at the bigger picture. Sometimes you have to take it one second at a time. And when you can just get through that one second, one minute at a time, it's like a freaking win. So that would be my biggest piece of advice.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I think one day at a time, one second at a time, for me, helps with so much too, not even sobriety, like just for like, if I'm feeling for me, if I'm feeling wildly overwhelmed and I have a list of fifty things to do, I go one item at a time, right list them out what's most important, and literally, just if I look at the entire list, I like almost feel frozen.
Speaker 4: Right, but one item at a time. I don't know, but that is I.
Speaker 1: Also think if I had a partner who was entering a thirty day program, once they got out, you have to create a very safe space for them and see what they need. If they say I don't feel comfortable, I wouldn't keep alcohol in the house. People bring alcohol to my house and leave it and it's there for them when they return.
Speaker 2: But again, everybody's different.
Speaker 1: So just like making your person feel safe enough to say, like, hey, this is how I'm going to best practice my sobriety and continue on this road.
Speaker 2: Please no alcohol in the house. Please.
Speaker 1: I can't go here and listen to listen to them, and you know, I'm sure it could get difficult. Your life is going to change tremendously because normies think about it. Everywhere you go there's really a bar or someone's offering you a beverage.
Speaker 2: So life is going to change.
Speaker 1: But you have to like incubate that person because this is like life or death for an addict.
Speaker 7: Yeah, this person said, I literally hit rock bottom and almost ruined my marriage. I've been sober for one year and could not be happier. You've been such an inspiration, Lalla.
Speaker 2: I love that human in one year is so special?
Speaker 4: Huge.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Can I tell you for everybody though, well, thank you.
Speaker 3: That's what I want you to know that, thank you for sharing for all of them, because what you share has helped a lot of people.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 5: Thank you for being strong and doing.
Speaker 2: It one year.
Speaker 1: Thank you for that was really sweet tea with the one year. So, after my relationship ended and I basically ran away from the house, I took as much as I could, but I didn't empty out my chores, and so I had called someone who was still in the house and I said, please go back in there. You you have to empty my bedside table. My one year sobriety chip is in there. She called us back, remember, and she was like, I don't know how to tell you this, but all of your things are gone and there's like another chick stuff in there. And I was totally fine with everything except for where is my one year chip? Like that I must get and do you remember she delivered it to us. Yeah, she found it in some garbage bag that all my shit was in and I was like, I don't care about anything else in the bag, just the chip.
Speaker 7: This person said, well, you brought this up. I got pregnant, so maybe it just works for some people. They get pregnant and then they never drink again.
Speaker 5: I have another question on top of this and being sober and that, I want to know on the vape with this, do you think you'll ever go back to smoking the vape after not being pregnant one day?
Speaker 4: Guys, I think about it every.
Speaker 5: Day, didn't I know? I in front of her and I need to stop.
Speaker 1: I don't think about it ever until it's in front of me going into someone's mouth Easton.
Speaker 7: But yours is weed vape, so it's different, right, he says, double puffet.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 4: No, I don't see them as much anymore because.
Speaker 2: Probably because you were hanging out with me every day.
Speaker 5: You had him in your purse. I remember, Laura, let you go. Do you have my vape? And I'd have to text you do you have one? Yeah? I have two extra in my bag.
Speaker 7: Always a backup, always a backup, always a backup.
Speaker 4: If I was didn't have a backup, oh my god.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 1: But that's what's wild is people asking me, how have you been doing with the vape since being pregnant.
Speaker 5: I'm like, good, I think I am very good.
Speaker 1: The moment I went through with the I U I the vape was in the trash.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I guess that's the point some people.
Speaker 3: If I were you and I was pregnant once that kid shot out mbilical cord.
Speaker 2: But I can't talk about it.
Speaker 4: That's going to be my present for her. It's a basket of vape.
Speaker 1: You can never get me to drink again, but vaping I need to go to. Like, I think there is a bow text to me. This was a while ago, probably a year ago. Vape, vape, vapes and no, there is a lot like doing smoking cigarettes vape.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of vape groups that are like vape help groups. Christian dads who vape, Oh, I've.
Speaker 5: Been in the car before.
Speaker 2: Really is that a thing?
Speaker 7: Christian dads who vape, dads who are addicted to the vape, who are Christian, who want to get off it.
Speaker 2: Everyone, It truly is the heart.
Speaker 3: I see somebody hitting it in their car and I'm like, oh, I have one, and then I hit mine.
Speaker 1: When you okay, I have to tell you something about this guy at my AA meeting.
Speaker 5: This was a while I have to get back to her question. Now. I do feel bad that I which one.
Speaker 1: We will We will get back to it. But I was smoking my vabe and he was like, you know, those are really bad for you. And I was like, I know, but I figure like if I could stop drinking alcohol and quit that, I can certainly quit this. And he goes, you ever quit heroin? Before I go no, no, and he goes, wow. They're saying it's the equivalent to quitting that it's good luck. And I was like, oh, really stressed, stressed exactly.
Speaker 2: I need to stress it people.
Speaker 7: I'm telling you there are the sober groups for the vapes because they are so bad.
Speaker 3: I'll have to dismiss myself for like six days, no vape. No, we know nothing, and I'm just going to be running and nobody can be near me because they'll assault anybody near me, lovely assault that I'm.
Speaker 5: Going to be just in a house, locked doors, just walking around.
Speaker 2: Are going to put him in a pat room.
Speaker 1: Wait, tell me what the she got pressured? She got sober after she got pregnant.
Speaker 7: Yes, well, she just said I got pregnant, So I'm assuming that because it was share your sobriety journey simple as that can.
Speaker 1: I tell you a lot of people say, after I got pregnant, I loved the feeling of not drinking and waking up and feeling okay.
Speaker 2: And there's so many.
Speaker 1: Like alcohol free replacements yes that they're like, I just never drank again.
Speaker 4: Right, So I will share this because she'd be fine with it.
Speaker 7: But my sister, she drank, and she had gotten on a certain anxiety medication. She got pregnant, she gave up the alcohol, and I believe she either lowered the dose or.
Speaker 4: Got on a different medication for anxiety.
Speaker 7: Whatever, she got pregnant, and in a healthy way, she started like dropping weight like crazy. Her face slammed, and I was like, and she was very much and she still is pregnant. But she I was like, do you think it was the alcohol the medicine. She's like, I don't know, but like I've never felt better.
Speaker 1: This is not me shaming anyone's body, Okay, so please don't take it that way. The way that alcohol weight attaches itself to you is very fair your face and right in your mid section, like you could have the skinniest little legs and these cute little arms or whatever and toned because you do the shake weight like I do. If you drink excessively, it is such a specific type of weight that you're carrying, sugarweight, isn't it. Yeah, it's all sugar.
Speaker 2: Sugars as we know, sugar like grips itself to you. It is very hard to lose sugar weight.
Speaker 1: Again, not body shaming, But if you drink a lot and you've been trying to lose a few pounds and you're wondering why it's not happening, look into the.
Speaker 2: Alcohol of it.
Speaker 5: Well, that's not body shaming. That's like I mean, well, I'm.
Speaker 1: Talking about people's bodies and if i'm I'm just.
Speaker 5: But you can just tell a drinker's body. That's not a shaming, that's just it's facts mine.
Speaker 7: Like I literally get like jowls of sorts, Like my face starts to get heavy and I get like and the eyes.
Speaker 5: It's after I eat like a lot of like soy sauce salt.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it looks the same. It's gross.
Speaker 5: And I love soy sauce.
Speaker 1: I love soy sauce too. The best part of being pregnant is like have a ton of soy sauce on this rice, because if I look puffy, no one's gonna be like, she looks like shit, because they're gonna be like, oh, she's pregnant.
Speaker 5: You look great, baby, sweetheart.
Speaker 4: Do you know you might not know this? I don't.
Speaker 7: But someone saying, can you touch on the caral from Summer House sobriety journey?
Speaker 4: Do you know his journey?
Speaker 2: I don't know his exact journey. I will say that I do.
Speaker 1: He's very open about his addiction being alcohol and cocaine. Okay, And I've spoken about this before that I was never a drug user. I smoked weed and I liked my weed, and I always had a pen at my house. I always had joints and blunts, but it wasn't like I was obsessive about it. I just enjoyed it. And then I did mushrooms one time. But as far as like the drugs, I would be wasted and people would be like, why.
Speaker 2: Don't you do it?
Speaker 1: I'm like, I just have a super addictive personality, not.
Speaker 4: Sound all can have another shot?
Speaker 5: Yeah wild right?
Speaker 4: Oh wow.
Speaker 1: I don't know his journey to sobriety. All I know is watching Summer House, and again that's such a small piece of like his life and what happens in his world and friendships and relationships. But I really enjoyed watching his perspective on situations coming from a sober place.
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah, this person says sixteen days sober, huge and so happy to say, I'm finally the mom I hoped to be.
Speaker 2: I hope that you forever. Just keep that in mind.
Speaker 5: Tomorrow's seventeen. The next day is eighteen, day by day.
Speaker 1: Day by day, and remember, if there's a problem, you will never conquer the beast. The moment you think you've conquered it and you dabble in it again, you just have.
Speaker 2: It's it's woke again.
Speaker 5: You created two beasts.
Speaker 7: It's celebrating four hundred and nineteen days of sobriety today. Couldn't be more thankful for you as a role model.
Speaker 2: That's incredible. You have a year over a year journeys.
Speaker 7: I didn't know sobriety was possible for me until you appeared on my screen.
Speaker 4: Number three hundred and twenty four. You're almost there. Forty days until you've hit a year forty one God, I have chills.
Speaker 2: H that's really you have to do something to celebrate a year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what's your like? I know it's dependent on the person.
Speaker 7: Would you say, like an overnight trip or like a little party. I guess it also depends on what triggers you. What would you say?
Speaker 1: I love to have like people over or I love to do like a cute little dinner with all of the people who have I I will celebrate my sobriety birthday way before I celebrate my like I'm like, everybody has a fucking birthday.
Speaker 2: Birthday? No right, Yes, that one's hard to get.
Speaker 4: Yeah, celebrating rare, Oh my god, it's.
Speaker 5: Not just given to you if you have to work for it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I think a cute dinner is always so fun. Or if if you're still in the place of like things trigger you, But you could always pick a super cute restaurant that likes not alcohol, or.
Speaker 4: A trip, or buy something or that.
Speaker 2: I'm a huge fan of the buying of something. I love a good I have someone else buy it for you. Treat yourself if.
Speaker 5: It deserved. Yeah, yeah, people feel bad, don't buy you they will. Yeah.
Speaker 4: This person said I drank to fit in. I never liked the taste. Quit drinking. Twenty five plus years ago and so happy. It's cool.
Speaker 2: It is cool now, well that's a new thing.
Speaker 5: Like in all the bars, like people are you can.
Speaker 3: We went to just a bar on last Sunday, just me and four buddies and we were just chilling live music.
Speaker 5: They went to the bar.
Speaker 3: No one at it because everybody's like sobering.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and they have the fully sober bars, the mocktails like those are fun.
Speaker 3: But yeah, no, like the bar you used to see the ball, I mean I used to remember bars just packed. And now you go up hundreds of people you can get a drink right away. It looks like, yeah you can because everybody's just on that sober train.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's amazing. Twenty five years so great.
Speaker 4: This person said, not me, but my brother.
Speaker 7: I prayed to have him back one day and finally two years sober.
Speaker 3: Yay.
Speaker 5: I always relations.
Speaker 1: I always feel so sad for families that are dealing with a loved one who's like really strong with addiction, because even if you hold an intervention, you know, unless the person wants to be sober, Yeah, it's like extremely difficult.
Speaker 5: You can lead a horse to water, but you can't.
Speaker 7: No, and it's so painful too, Like it's you know, this is a distant family, but like you do everything, you offer to pay fully for the nicest some families. If you can the nicest facilities, the whole family gets behind you.
Speaker 4: There's there's the tough love.
Speaker 7: Uh try, there's the fucking intervention, try, like it's everything, and then they might go into the facility, but then they check themselves out, like it's such a painful fucking cycle. They truly have to be ready, and then you get to a point where you're like you just have to kind of accept this is personal experience, but like watching them die until they're hopefully ready to change.
Speaker 1: It's so that's that's an uh uh what's it called a success story with amazing two years sober?
Speaker 4: It's beautiful? Oh my god. The same person writes in every time we want to see Lala's tits? This person this person.
Speaker 8: Okay comments on all?
Speaker 4: Does he comment on YouTube to comments on all?
Speaker 7: Please ask Lala if she'll wear a mesh shirt with her tits out.
Speaker 2: I want to see La.
Speaker 7: Why hasn't Lala shown her tits?
Speaker 4: Fucking A They're on TV somewhere there.
Speaker 1: I love, I love how big is the check that you're writing the moment I received the wire.
Speaker 2: The moment I.
Speaker 1: Receive the wire, family, right, I will be in a mesh top.
Speaker 4: See there we have it.
Speaker 5: Okay, Christ, So it's just money.
Speaker 8: Someone show this man of God or Lala every comment. I mean at least fifty five comments, Laala, please your squeaky wheels, honestly show us your tits for la La, I mean, my.
Speaker 2: God, for real.
Speaker 1: Your your check can pay both my mortgages and all my bills for the next year.
Speaker 2: I will show you my tits.
Speaker 4: She will show you her. She will sell you a photo of her tits or video.
Speaker 5: I love.
Speaker 1: About sobriety and and I'm like, how BIG's shack before.
Speaker 5: I talking about what I know?
Speaker 2: I know?
Speaker 4: I'm like, I love a joint. It's your episode, you enormy what are we doing?
Speaker 2: You freaking?
Speaker 7: This is really great because I've I'll just share it. I'm a bar owner who has been sober for a little over three years now. Bar owners and bartenders. I was a bartender.
Speaker 4: I know a lot of.
Speaker 7: People who struggled with balancing working and drinking. Because you see your regulars, they go, let me buy you a shot. You I for like the first few months of bartending, I would take the shots to like you get more tips.
Speaker 4: They'd be like, oh, but.
Speaker 7: Then I started making fake drinks of course, but a lot of people become alcoholics that way.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, I found out all the people who have bars or anything like that, the sober ones are the ones that still have them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because they they're like, no, I'm not drunk. You're not getting a drink for free.
Speaker 1: Game like a bar rescue. How much of the time they're bankrupt because he's.
Speaker 2: Like, you're drinking your own alcohol.
Speaker 1: Yes, you're taking shots every time that young.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you're handing five out to the patrons and taking one with That's two bottles in an hour that you gave out, and it's like, wow, once that guy stops drinking, those two bottles are now paid for a boy the patrons because you're like, I'm not paying.
Speaker 4: For this show, I know, or they have employees like me who give them out, and they don't. They give it out for free to their friends.
Speaker 2: Not for law, not good no, for real.
Speaker 4: They should have kept track. They did it.
Speaker 7: They allowed me, you know, they didn't keep an eye on me because I had my regulars coming up and they're like, oh, look at all the people, but the amount of alcohol I was giving away should be.
Speaker 5: Good for him to have a bar still have it her.
Speaker 3: I think her apologies good for her to still have a bar okay for.
Speaker 5: X amount of years and not having workers like Jess.
Speaker 1: Yes, congratulation because she's she's got the clarity to say that's what looks like she's gonna drink my supply. This one doesn't. She seems like a stand up gal.
Speaker 7: Stand up gal. Good for you. Congrats. And also that's probably the thing with drug dealers. I'm sure drug dealers, but for.
Speaker 3: Real drug dealing successful drug off your own supply.
Speaker 2: They say that all the time.
Speaker 4: Don't get high. I'm sure they're like.
Speaker 5: Don't get high in your own supply.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I for a short, short amount of time was considering dealing drugs when I went in when I was in college, Me and my friend Angela, we had a whole like drive through scenario. You guys would have got you would have killed every night, every night, probably every night, but our scenario we would have been so good.
Speaker 4: We're like we'll do pick up only we'll have And.
Speaker 7: Then quickly our friend was like you don't think anyone's going to be shocked at like cars driving through the Landlord's not going to say anything.
Speaker 4: And we quickly realized we would get arrested.
Speaker 1: And it was a stupid help you helped you.
Speaker 5: I would have just bought it all and just smoked it for you.
Speaker 1: Wow, what a fun sober episode. I doesn't want you all to look at the table and look at who the boss is.
Speaker 2: At the table and why.
Speaker 1: Get sober and don't do drugs. I'm just kidding, guys, I'm just teasing.
Speaker 2: I just don't this episode anyone going off the rails. Okay, my god, I.
Speaker 5: Am thank you for my job.
Speaker 2: I'm sober. I was totally kidding.
Speaker 1: But I do love sobriety and it has been tremendously helpful in my life. I will never give it up again, one day at a time, because every time I say never, there's always some score that's like, aren't you not supposed to say that in sobriety?
Speaker 4: Your some just like them.
Speaker 1: Guess as sober And I'm sure I'm not supposed to say that, but I'm going to say it because I'm happy with the life that I have. So if you or anybody that you know is struggling with addiction. We obviously love to hear from you guys in the DMS, but there is an addiction crisis hotline. That number is one eight eight eight four zero three seven to one zero three. Thank you guys for sharing your sobriety journeys. I know that that is not easy. Sobriety bonds us man. All my people who slide in the DMS and they're like, I've been sober. I'm like, there's just something that happens where it's like I see you, you see me. Thank you guys, Easton and Jess for asking questions. I'm sorry, I through a dig in.
Speaker 4: There at the We Love a Day. It's not the podcast without a Day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love y'all.
Speaker 1: Thank y'all for listening to another episode of the Give Them All a Podcast and we will catch you next week.