Speaker 1: Home run Land, Let's play ball. Welcome in everybody to leading off right here on Fantasy Pros, brought to you by at MGM, the King of Sports Books. It is me, Joey p Joe Pi's appia with me today is Mike Mayer, and of course it's you. All the Peanuts and the Crackerjacks are subscribers to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros m LB. Today we're going to talk about all the home runs that were hit so many. In fact, Mike Mayer, you've got another one on the board. I don't know if you're up on the official board yet.
Speaker 2: We shall find out.
Speaker 1: I know, and I'm right behind you because I got another one from my boy mister Alvarez last night. So am I have the six now? I think? In the home runs right seven?
Speaker 2: Check the board.
Speaker 1: I definitely am over five, That's what I think. And I don't know if I'm going to be the heel today or Mike Mayor will find out. But again, we want to make sure that you're always joining us live here every day Monday through Friday, we do the show. Mike Mayor. A lot of home runs hit yesterday once again, pitching seems to be all over the place. It's not too shocking considering some of the guys that are on the mound. Of all these guys been giving up a lot of fly balls. So a whole lot of them left the yard yesterday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but one of them did not leave the yard yesterday, and a certain eron Judge is not too happy about that ball.
Speaker 1: All right, here we go, there we go. He is kicked into full full heel mote already Aaron Judge hat to him runs robbed by a third. Go ahead, I'm just gonna step back and give you the floor on this one. So we went the Little League ballpark to the Orioles Ballpark is now ridiculous. So what do you want to say about this?
Speaker 2: Well, you and I can agree that that Cannon Yards is ridiculous now with what they do with that fan ridiculous, ridiculous. But it is funny that, you know, like the Yankees of all teams were like complaining about other ballparks, and like, you know, it didn't even seem like it was tongue in cheek, which would have been perfect if they're you know, after the Rangers complained about Yankee Stadium, if they were just like, oh, like, look at this ballpark. But they were absolutely dead serious. And it's like Aaron Judge was like, I got two home runs, but I could add three. Boo, I'm so sad.
Speaker 1: Boo hoo, boo hoo. Indeed, well, you know, every one of those home runs is another million dollars guaranteed, probably a year if he keeps going at this rate. Uh. The Astros tied a major league record last night by hitting five home runs off Red Sox starter Nathan Eavaldi in one single inning. It was a glorious thing to behold. The Astros just completely unloaded. And this is why you look when you're looking at the home run contest or in DFS or even in the prop market. You're looking for those pictures with fly ball rates and power hitters and it's just not too hard. I mean, Alvarez was such an easy call for me last night. As soon as I saw those things match up, I was like, well, that's my dude for tonight. If it doesn't work.
Speaker 2: When I were a guy with six home runs, like, oh, what an easy call.
Speaker 1: I was just stone cold in April. That's my problem there. I was just I have won April or something pathetic like that. So what I liked to say is, I'm giving everybody a head start this year. Whereas last year I was leading from the pack on the front, this year, I'm gonna let everybody go and this time, sa I'm gonna go when and catch them from behind. Here Trey Turner drives in four as the Dodgers route the Dbacks. We also had a Christian Walker hitting a home run his third consecutive game, so he is hot as hell. Corey Seeger got two hits and home run nurs the Angels. Mike tried to three hits and a home run for Mike Mayor. You must feel pretty strong about that one, a Mayor.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, all, MIC's all the time, except for today, I didn't.
Speaker 1: Ronald Acunia continues to say, don't worry. I'll be fine. He came back, stole base, and his return tuesday into action, so that's good. So anyone who's panicking a little bit, look, this was bound to happen. A guy coming back from kne surgery who's gonna have some other leg issues at some point in time, and you know, it's nice that he bounced back. Nice that he's continuing to steal bases because I think a lot of people, you know, it's funny how a narrative takes hold in the fantasy community, whether it be baseball or football or what have you. And the narrative was, well, if you're gonna draft a Kunya, you have to understand you're probably not gonna get him for a month, and then when you do get him, he's probably not gonna steal basis. That couldn't be further from the truth.
Speaker 2: And he showed that, like like he wasn't even joking around in his rehab starts. He's like, let me swipe two bags tonight in the miners and you know, no concern about his name, Okay, let's.
Speaker 1: Do it, No none at all. Kenley Jansen got his ninth saved, So congratulations to him. Jonathan VR Homer steals a base and the Cubs win. He is cheap today on DFS. We'll get to him later on the show, but he's a lineup builder right now as far as I'm concerned. If he's swinging a good bat, VR is a guy that can get you some points and can tell Marte with scratched Tuesday with a sore left hand. We also had on the injury front, JP Crawford saying that he was fine after the Tuesday incident with his ankle, then Brandon Nemo's day day with a quad contusion. I continue to look for Jake Odoreesi news and I was looking this morning and all I keep seeing is leg discomfort. More to come. Have you seen anything else? Have you found anything else on Jake Odoresei in the last hour or so, because I can't eemn to find anything more specific than his leg hurts. And that seems like a weird thing considering there was a cart involved.
Speaker 2: It wasn't even like a car. I was watching that game. It was like a legitimate hospital bed that they like strapped him to and like rolled him out of the state. It wasn't even like the old like trainer's cart where they like, you know, the guy pulls up like with one arm and he just like drives it across like they rolled out a hospital bed and then tied him to it and then brought him into the stands, you know, underneath the stands to get him out of there. But I haven't seen anything specific about it. I know he hit the injured list, but I mean, like it's got to be like Achilles or something, because he hopped off the mound and went down immediately and was in a lot of pain.
Speaker 1: So, my guess is a kid, we shall see. I'm learning for more than just discomfort. I mean, you know this coorts doesn't seem to really be the the official word. But yeah, well Mark is discomforted by Max Meyer's last few starts.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: He wants to know, are we still feeling good about Max Meyer? Uh? Coming up? I know, back to back bad starts. Do we drop? No, we don't drop, We hold, we wait, we be patient. He was so good. It could just be a little tipping of the pitches. It could just be a little bit of an arm issues working through a little dead art. Who knows. It could be a million things. I'm not worried at all. I'm not concerned. I'm gonna stay the course here. He could also just be pouting. He could be like, I don't want to be here in Triple A, because I've seen that with guys too. They're dominating and they're like, you know what, why am I still here? I should be able with the big club. That happens sometimes, So it could be a lot of reasons. I'm not panicked. Are you panicked at all?
Speaker 2: I'm not. I'm a huge Max Meyer guy. Also, can you continue to correct Welsh when he calls a Max Mayor because that really throws me off every time you call it.
Speaker 1: I always I thought it was Max Meyer too, you know, and then I got, you know, corrected by Welsh about mister Noisy a few.
Speaker 2: Weeks ago, I still insisted that his name is like noise, like saying noise like noise.
Speaker 1: Maybe perhaps it is, But I wonder if Meyer is going to come back in the bullpen, though, which is I I stashed him in a couple of deep leagues before the season, hoping to maybe get some cheap saves out of him, because I don't know what the interesting take. I don't know if that's the route they would go with the young kid. I feel like they don't like to move guys into you know, those kind of roles necessarily. I will say this, in any sort of keeper situation, you're just holding. I mean, that's it, because you picked them up. Just hold. Not even donna, I mean dynasty, that's a that's a given. But in keeper formats, you're holding. If you're in a shallow format and you need help and you have to drop them. There's something out there that can happen and help. That's fine. By the way, I saw your take on the whole by low sell high guys, and I saw you put Paul Blackburn in the cell high category. I noticed there. I was like, Oh, who wrote this one? Oh no, it's Mike Mayor. What a shock. So how many stars is it gonna take for you to buy you into Paul Blackburn's at thirty two thirty three? Where are we at?
Speaker 2: Uh? Yeah, yeah, whenever. At the end of October, if he's still sub three e r A, then I'll be out by Maybe I'll maybe I'll just sell high for next year at that point.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe. All right, Also, let's talk.
Speaker 2: About excellent Mara score too.
Speaker 1: Oh like the Mara. I hope this becomes a thing. You got the Sierra, you got, the Mara, you got the you got the Zips, you got the whole thing.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you. I'm just going to casually like mention it like in write ups, like like it's a mainstream stat like oh he had a great year, like his Mara was this, and just like not even give any context.
Speaker 1: Can we add it to Fantasy pros. Can we add it to like our you know, like on the side as as one of the like next to e RA and Whip? Can we add it as a column? I don't see why not, right, I feel like that would be low in the priority list for the dev team. But probably let's let's get on it. Maybe we start a petition with the peanuts and cracker Jacks. All right, let's talk about this. A one fan caught two of the five Astro home runs yesterday, didn't give them to any children, so Mike Marher was okay with this. He was fine about this. Also fun fact that Diaz brothers recorded saves on the same day Tuesday, a very nice day for the dz family, Edwin Diaz of the Mets and Alexis Diaz of the Reds. And this has only happened what two other pairs of siblings did this? So I remember Todd and Tim Worel very well them. I remember and remember.
Speaker 2: The stuff that happened like thirty years ago. You were like, I remember when this happened?
Speaker 1: Well because watch baseball, so yeah, I do remember it. And Tim Moorel was I hated Tim morew pitched for the Cardinals, and he was a closer. He's very good at the time, he had a very good window in the mid to late eighties. I want to say he was a rookie like eighty five, if memory serves, was eighty six something like that, and good mustache, solid mustache. I don't remember who the other pair was, and it was the Men's and Nillos, right, that's the other one now, Zius and.
Speaker 2: Very proud family, the Manzanillos.
Speaker 1: The Manzanillas are a very proud family.
Speaker 2: When you asked Sias of house Manzanillo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, when you need to, you know, a favor, you have to ask mister Manzanello on his daughter's wedding day. I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 2: Also, what a year to do a ninety four of the strike here?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, uh. But this one I don't recall because by this time I was in high school when I was playing a lot of baseball, so I wasn't and by then I had discovered girls also, so I don't think I had the Manzanillos. I don't remember the Warrel's totally remember that. So uh, let's go to some of the stat heroes of the day. Brady Singer appearance how nice. What a fantastic debut for Bradie Singer. Seven innings, no earned runs, nine k's What are your thoughts on the masked Singer coming out of twenty twenty two Guns of Blazon here?
Speaker 2: I like it. I've always I've kind of like, unlike Kyle Right, I've held on to Singer in Dynasty, much to my own fault, for a while now. But I'm hoping this is the beginning of the breakout. I'm a big Singer fan, always have been, and I will see if I will continue to be going forward. Would you rather have Brady Singer called Blackburn the rest of the year?
Speaker 1: Look, man, I agree with you, and I'm trying to sell Blackburn in a couple of leagues. Look, if you're desperate for pitching, I would say, by high on Blackburn and ride away. I mean, he's Man, it's more than just two starts now, It's more than just five stars now, Like it's enough starts where you're like, something's click for this guy. I don't know what. I don't know when it's going to fall apart. Do all the underlying metrics of his minor league career tell you it's probably not a good. Yes, but this is baseball. These weird things happen sometime, I guarantee you singers probably. I wonder what his roster percentage is. What do you think Brady Singer's roster percentage? Why don't you look at that? Why I run through the rest of these and make yourself useful there. J McClanahan, who was our number one pitcher last night on DFS, we basically said, just don't overthink it, just starts. McClanahan. If you did, you did well. Seven k's, seven innings, one earned run. Clevenger with a good start, five k's over five innings, no earned Jose Burrios a very important start for him, only four strikeouts but just two walks, no earned runs over seven innings. Adrian Houser also a nice start with six k's over six score lists. Dylan sees again yesterday afternoon. I caught some of this one five and two thirds for him, nine strikeouts, and Logan Gilbert nine strikeouts for him, three earned runs and seven innings. So Gilbert McLanahan, those were our two dudes. Did you find the Brady Singer roster percentage? So we know where we're at with that.
Speaker 2: I did. It's It's love. It's five percent on Yaho, the two percent of ESPN. I don't see CBS, but I imagine it's slightly higher than those two just because of the nature of CBS. But it's love.
Speaker 1: Well, I will tell you this. I think Brady Singer is going to be leading the pack in the Waiver Wire video this week.
Speaker 2: So that's why I look forward to that.
Speaker 1: Well you should. This is why I see it.
Speaker 2: I embedded in a lot of articles, so I see those videos many times.
Speaker 1: Well, they're very entertaining thanks to Chris, he creates him entertaining. I just I just talk and talk and talk, and he makes cool graphics to hide my goofy face. The hitters last night, Aaron Judge only two home runs, not three, four for five, though the guy is absolutely on fire right now, certainly in the MVP conversation, if if he was also a pitcher, but he's not, so he's really not. In that conversation, Kyle talks to home runs too. For fuck, what's that?
Speaker 2: The chat has been since the beginning of the show, calling for Aaron Judge, MVP adds, you know.
Speaker 1: Say aarons all they want? When he picks up the ball and starts. Every fifth day, I'll be listening.
Speaker 2: He's also probably in June. He's gonna like swing too hard and like rip his rib cage, cannon or whatever he did last time, because he's like six foot eight and eighty five pounds. He's gonna hurt himself again.
Speaker 1: Well, he did change the regiment. I believe he went from less weightlifting to more yoga and stretching for the last two years, which is also something I've done, which is why I'm able to do so many podcasts in a week. It is. It's very good. As you get older, you have to stay a little bit more limber. And people think I'm joking, but I do the yoga. I do this stretching not before the show. Well actually technically I do it before the show because I go to the gym usually before the show and then come here and do the show. So yes, so that's why I'm all stretched out beforehand. But look, it's the same thing a Blad Guerrero last year. Well, this is why people tune into the show. Blad Guerrero was threatening a triple crown last year, and I don't think anybody in their right mind should vote for Blad Guarrel for MVP last year when Otani was pitching and hitting. If you're pitching and hitting at a high level, it's your award. Everybody else's second place, And it's a shame to say so. But kind of like Well said yesterday, if you are if you get fatigue in the voters of Otani, that's the only thing that could creep in. But right now we're living in the Otani world, and if he has another good start tonight, forget it. It's going gonna be minus money everywhere. Kyle Tucker two home runs, two for five, Freddy Freeman with a three for four night with three Ribi's Bookie Betts had a good night is well. He was three for four with a dinger and two run scored. Tommy Listella my people home run, three for five. Here Meyer three for four with a dinger, Miguel Rojas had a home run, Anthony Rendone had a home run in Mikey Stremsky three for four. Hopefully he picks things up as well. Stat zeros Merle was bad. Merle Kelly eight earned runs and to my boy, he's only my boy because it's the joke of Merle Alex Cobb. I thought he was an interesting apple play yesterday turned out to not be the case. Seven earned runs. I traded Alex Cobb right after the first start he made. I'm pleased with this move that I made because once again the group think about Alex Cobb was very intense, and I link Alex Cobb is fine. I know this was in Colorado, so you want to give him a pass. What are your thoughts on Alex Cobb's value the rest of the season for the Giants in fantasy?
Speaker 2: I'm buying, Well, it's actually gonna ask you, would you rather the rest of the season Merle Kelly or Alex Capp.
Speaker 1: I'd rather have Alex Cobb because I've never been a Merle Kelly guy. Never happen. But Cobb is gonna have some good starts. But my thing with Cobb is always the health. You know you're gonna get one hundred and twenty innings out of Cob. I mean that's maybe it's possible. Stranger things. Tyler Gilbert six earned runs for him, Nadi Valdi six earned runs in one and two third, and Cool Chad five earned runs in three innings. Here you go, You're ready for the hitters. I love this, by the way, every day when we go through the hitters with their offers and their multiple k's, but this is, this is a glorious one. Tyler O'Neal two for nine and a double header with six strikeouts. Your thoughts on Tyler O'Neal.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't even know. I mean he uh. I've been all over the place with him in like Dynasty, and I've been selling a lot, especially because everyone was like buying the power speed I've never really bought into like him being consistent enough to be valuable and like, you know, love the biceps, you know, love the the overall look of a chisel. O'Neal looks like a great ballpaper ballplayer. But I just like this is like two for nine is like not the worst line in the world. But then like spoom, six k's thrown right in there, and I just like happen to see that, like right away, I was like, two for nine is in the worst day, but six strikeouts. I got to include them in the zeros for that.
Speaker 1: Struggle with Over the years, I have struggled with Cardinals outfielders, starting with Mendel Gritchick it's even Piscatti into the Harrison Baders, Tyler O'Neill's, Dylan Carlson's, Randy Rosaredo was one that you know, left the Cardinal system and went to Tampa and was great. Then he struggled this year. So it's just it's it's such a weird lineage, if you will, talent, that you're waiting for one of them to really just kind of work out for a long sustained period as something you can believe it, but it is incredible. It's like it's like almost like Cleveland Brown's quarterbacks. I feel like where he's just like cycling through a bunch every year, you know, like eventually it just doesn't matter. And yet there's still Nolan Gorman hitting what he's got thirteen home runs now. I can't even keep tracking me home runs that guy's got in the minor leagues and he's still sitting there and I don't get it. I just don't understand. And it's more frightening to me that we get a guy who over an entire day, can strike out six times in two games. Just put the ball in play, maybe some good things happen. I just it just bothers me Kyle Schwarber. Also, Schwarber's bothering me to zero for four with four k's. Boy, he has been dreadful and I did not see this coming. I thought, finally Kyle Schwarber had turned the corner. We got him in the free agent last year. Last year, he came into Washington Nationals camp in great shape, was hitting the snot out of the ball, did get the injury, then went to the Red Sox, was a contributor there. I thought Schwarber was gonna have a nice like finish here in his career in this next contract. Nope, it's been awful in Philadelphia this year. Is he over like about fifteen?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: Where is he batting at?
Speaker 2: He's down there. I have him in a couple.
Speaker 1: Gotta be in like that one thirty range by now find me that number. Mayor in the meantime, Jack Peterson over five with three k's, Nelson Cruz four with three k's. Looks like Nelly Cruz might finally have hit the age wall, which makes me sad. Pete Alonzo oh for seven with two strikeouts over the two games, and then you had Joey Gallo over five with a K as well, let's get old. Do you have the number for Kyle Schwarber.
Speaker 2: Do you have any home runs he has?
Speaker 1: Schwarber? Yeah, I'm gonna say four, nine nine, he's got nine dingers. Well, I take back all the bad things I said about I didn't realize he had that many. The way you were saying it, it felt like it was less, So my head went fine, I was surprised. Well, look the problem is once again it's the home runs are great, but in those Roto formats, I gotta imagine and I and I made it a point this year to pull myself out of Roto formats because I don't like them, So why do I have to do it anymore? But why why do I have to do it anymore? If I don't like them? Play my points leagues, have my fun, have my cake, eat it too. What's it like there in Rotoland where nobody can hit for batting average anymore? Is like just you just pray that you had wander Franco and your roster, Like, what do you guys doing out there in the batting average world?
Speaker 2: I'm also not a huge Roto guy. I'm in a couple of Roto leagues, but I'm more of it. I prefer head to head, but it's bad. I don't know what.
Speaker 1: Points or head to head roto categories.
Speaker 2: I play more categories, but I'm in a couple of points leagues too. I'm in too many leagues overall. First off, like.
Speaker 1: Go Kart says, photo is for real men, Yes, real men and women who love the fact that a stolen base is as valuable as a home run, or a save is as valuable as a five inning win. Yeah, three outs and and you know, five innings worth of pitching is totally the same thing. Totally makes sense. All right, let's get to the home run board, shall we? Mic Mayor'll Mike Mayor be on it today? I don't know. No, oh no, he's not quite yet. All I do is win, still comfortably at the top. But here's the thing.
Speaker 2: Wait a second, I think that's updated again?
Speaker 1: Is it not updated today? Well, here's the thing. Here's the thing with this that you know, we have a crack team here. I don't know if you have the updated one. That's the one that I have.
Speaker 2: It's in the sheet.
Speaker 1: What's in the sheet? It should be? And well, look the updated board now has Ni King of the North with fourteen because he had Jordan Alvarez. And now I'm on my head about what's that bloom the Blum de Blum's name d Blum. So de Blum has fourteen, Ni King of the North has nineteen. All I do is win as thirteen. So I'll have to go, you know, yell at somebody why we don't have the board in here today. But I'll go do that after in the main time.
Speaker 2: A quick note on that before we move on. Sorry to cut you off. Oh yeah, sure, Bnky Penman put the notes in here. We called forty you know, a day after calling three home runs, we called forty eight eight home runs last night.
Speaker 1: Well they were all hit by the Astros last night, that's why.
Speaker 2: Yeah. In one and we blew past seven hundred home runs as a group and we're out seven thirty seven.
Speaker 1: Wow. So wait, how many were as a group last year? What was our group total? You can make me it was over a thousand, wasn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was like twelve hundred or something.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, so we're at seven hundred already. That is That is glorious. You guys are great. I love you guys. I don't care what Mike Maher says about you, I.
Speaker 2: Think twelve eighty two, twelve eighty two.
Speaker 1: Twelve eighty two, and where it's seven hundred and it's not even Memorial Day, that's pretty pretty impressive and only.
Speaker 2: Six from you.
Speaker 1: Let's move on. Special offer for new users right now. Bet ten dollars and win two hundred at bet mgm, the king of sportsbooks. Sign up today, download the bet mgm app or go to betmgm dot com. Enter the promo code leading off again, that's one word, leading off is the promo code, and then you could start making your wagers ten bucks win to two hundred with the code leading off. Come on, let's go and do it baby. And today we've got a lot of good wagers. Actually on bet mgm. We've got some Yankee ones. Gian Carlos Tanton at one and a half total basis on bet mgm, the juice is plus one twenty against Baltimore Jordan Lyles. Hell yeah, let's go Aaron Judge, same thing against Lyles one and a half. It's minus one fifteen, so the Stanton one is better at plus one twenty. Anthony Rizzo is a pretty good win two against Lyles at plus one twenty five. That's at bet MGM. The judge ones on DK. Going back to bet MGM, you get even money on Tiascar Rnandez one and a half total basis tonight against Gonzales. You got Vlad Grrero Junior against Gonzales, same thing bet MGM one and a half plus one oh five. And then Garrett Cole on DK is at six and a half strikeouts and the over on that is plus one fifty five, but nine or more strikeouts in three of his last four starts, so he's been very good. Mike mayor what else you got terms of betting stuff going on tonight that you want everyone to get involved in.
Speaker 2: So I like that cole one, especially that six and a half strikeouts, like that's a high number for strikeouts, But like you said, nine or more ks and three of his last four starts it is the Orioles and the other start where he didn't have ninety has six which is just under that number, and the other one that I liked. I'm actually going against the betting pros prop that teaches first.
Speaker 1: How dare you? That could get you fired?
Speaker 2: I heard, well, don't tell Andrew about it.
Speaker 1: I will I will tell Andrew.
Speaker 2: I'm going so Blake Snell's over under for strikeouts is five and a half, only one fewer than Coal. But it's his first start back, and I just feel like there's no way he's hitting five and a half strikeouts. I mean, he might only go three or four innings, and you know, he might have five and a half walks.
Speaker 1: You know, I don't think you're wrong here. I don't think you're wrong. I think when you talk about the limitations there, and especially if he is in one of those Blake Snell walk moods, then all of a sudden, it could be a real short outing. You know, he could easily go three innings, strike out four guys, walk four guys, and be out of this ball game. That's nice, not five and a half.
Speaker 2: That seems like a very high And of course he's gonna go out and his trick out twelve.
Speaker 1: Now that I'm saying this probably blew him in all your DFS lineups tonight. There's a lot of big pictures on the slate. Garrett Cole on DK is only nine point nine, though he's like cheaper than some of the other guys like Kevin Gosmin's at ten to one. Max Sure's is at ten six, which doesn't sound like a big difference, but you know, look a couple hundred dollars here and there is the difference in getting the hitters you like and you don't. That being said, if Cole's cheaper than Schurezer and Gosman on DK, then I'm going to go that route. If you want to just have your one lineup that's got a little bit of play in it, where you can put Schurzer and you'll rotate the pictures out with Schurzer, with Kevin Gosman being the league guy, or with Cole being the league guy. That's fine. You's Lucas j Alito at eight point three. Then who's undervalued? Showyotani's at nine point two. He's also a little under Tonight on FanDuel, they have the game starting a little earlier so you have extra games. So you get Pablo Lopez on that slate at ten point five. He's been terrific. I would hard pass on Blake Snell because of the Blakesnell stuff you bring up. How do you feel about Zach Wheeler Toine at nine point five in an investment? I struggle with it because of the other guys on the board. This was like a lighter slate with five games. I would be into Wheeler tonight, but with Schurzer, with Gossman, with Lopez, I have a harder time buying in. What are your thoughts tonight on that one?
Speaker 2: I mean the thing he said before, He's significantly cheaper, so it's it kind of depends on what else do you want to do, like how deep you want to go with your lineup builders, because I mean, he's a thousand dollars cheaper than some of those other names, and you could get a similar performance out of him. So I actually kind of like Wheeler especially, you know, he's been good Wheeler as a you know.
Speaker 1: A yar Wheeler. Yeah, because Wheeler's is nine point five, whereas you go to Gerett Cole on Fandoli's ten point six, so Cole hit You know, again, this is very specific, So on FanDuel you could do the one picture right, you have your one pitcher setup, you have one coal lineup, one Sureser lineup, one Otani lineup. Gosman's at nine point eight. You can upgrade one hitter spot there if you want. Tonight's a multi entry kind of night, because you've got so many big pitchers. So if you're not a multi entry per, if you just like to play your one cash game lineup, it might be a tougher night to make some money there. Some of the stacks tonight, obviously the Yankees continuously against the Baltimore Orioles. You would look also to Toronto Blue Jays tonight. Love the Blue Jays as well. Some lineup builders. Jonahheim at two point two over on FanDuel side, you got actually on DraftKings rather pardon me. Then you got Jankowski at two point zero, who's very cheap over on FanDuel, Tiascar Rnandez three k on FanDuel, vers Marko Gonzalez and say Suzuki at three point one on FanDuel as well. Not a lot of play on the DK side in terms of lineup builders, which is again wackyed. Whenever you get all of these big pitchers in one slate together, one of them is gonna go off, and you don't have that right one, it's gonna be a tough night to cash. So you really have to be careful and if you're not into playing multiples and then sit this one out, or if you are this is the night for you? Anything else for you to add tonight? Mayor in terms of looking at the slate, looking at the DFS landscape, looking at the baseball landscape before we get to our home run calls of the night.
Speaker 2: Now, hasn't it been like a weird start? I mean, I guess it's not really a start to the season where almost two months in now, but or maybe like six weeks in. But isn't it weird with like the DFS slates, like all the different start times. We're getting really wacky slates through these first several weeks.
Speaker 1: They're very weird.
Speaker 2: I'm very lost. I'm so glad we got rid of the main slate home run call rule because Wonky and I would have just been spinning our brains trying to keep up with everything. It's hard enough people double headers the main slate thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well well that's the other thing too, is the double headers and which company puts the double headers in, which doesn't depending on when they're announced. It's it's a there's a lot going on. And what's nice is, you know, the isolation stuff you could do because you can't just kind of play the day games like you're sitting at work, you can play the day games. It's a fun thing to do. You're just sitting there and watching stuff going on. But for us traditionalists, they'd like that seven o'clock start main slate and then all of a sudden you got games to start at six forty that aren't in that slate. But why it's only a twenty minute, twenty five minute difference from seven oh five to six forty. Why can't we loop them in? I don't know, but that's the choice that they've made. Home run calls tonight, I'm going with Lad Guerrero Junior. That's my home run call, sticking to it. Where are you going tonight? Who are you calling your shot with? Mike Maher?
Speaker 2: I'm going with Freddie.
Speaker 1: Freeman, Freddie Freeman, very nice, Freddie Freeman tonight. So there you go. So Freeman for mayor Vlad for me. We'll see who is right. Also in terms of what's going on right now, like I said, there's a great article about the by low Sell High candidates out there. I know you've seen that article. Did anybody pop for you in the by low Sell High categories where you were going through your names?
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm a big by low. I think I feel like you're going to be the opposite of this one. I'm a big bilo, say a Suzuki guy, and I know that you are probably not. You were so high, Suzuki guy.
Speaker 1: I was sell high in the first day, opening day. Let's go. But why are you a bye guy? Tell me why?
Speaker 2: I just think, you know. I watch him and I see just a good hitter with a good approach, and I think some of his recent struggles are just what everyone's talking about. I think it's just some of the league adjusting to him, and I'm confident that he will adjust back. And I don't see anything in his swing or his profile that scares me.
Speaker 1: Okay, I like that he changes his approach with two strikes. It's something I do like about Suzuki. When I watch him take at bats. I just think that there are some holes that people have discovered, and I think they're going to I think he's going to get frustrated as the season goes on, because the only other piece in that lineup, really, I mean, Halps a decent player. Contraras is a nice player, but again, it's it's kind of tough to come in and be the guy. I just think it's going to be a long season for him. I don't say he can't be productive, but if you could buy low on him, I'm okay with that now, because everybody has a price. Austin Riley was my guy because us and only a buck eighty four over the last two week with a five to seventy one ops. And to me, Austin Riley is just a much better hitter than that. We've seen him be streaky in the past where he goes on cold streaks, but last year, to me, he really just blossomed into the player I thought he would be. It's an outstanding lineup. I think the Braves collectively have just kind of scuffled a little bit. I think they're gonna hit their stride in the summertime, and when they do, you're gonna want Austin Riley on your team. That's my guy. My cell though, was not Paul Blackburn. Ironically, it was Taylor Ward again, the twenty eight year old late bloomer. To me, is still that piece that I just kind of look at and I go, it's amazing, But is he gonna hit three eighty five with a twelve hundred ops? The rest of the season. No, he is not. He is the massive beneficiary of great lineup placement, hitting in front of two of the best hitters in baseball. And I'm gonna ask you this question, would you rather have Jared Walsh on the same team or Taylor Ward rest of season? Who's rather have?
Speaker 2: That's a great question because I was selling high on Walsh too, so I don't really want either one of them.
Speaker 1: Well, he struggled, so I don't know how you sell it high on him because I like Walsh's another guy too that's had a bigger track record for me than I like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I could have kept him for relatively cheap in an auction league, and I didn't because I didn't want to spend the money and I'm not a huge believer in turn Wash. I like him, I like watching him, but like, there's a lot of holes in that swing. If Taylor would.
Speaker 1: You rather have in a roto league rest of season Randy a Rose Arena who struggled a bit, or Taylor Ward who has who doesn't know the meaning of the words struggle right now?
Speaker 2: I think I'd go Ward, because I mean, there were a lot of concerns about Rose arena Coming into this year, I did by Low in one league and I was like, I don't really, this feels super gross to me, but I'm gonna. I'm gonna do it, And now I was right. I should have just stayed away.
Speaker 1: Super gross. There you have it. I would take a Rose arena in a Rodo format because of the stole base potential period.
Speaker 2: And if you played rod, which you don't.
Speaker 1: If I played Rodo. But a lot of people do, so I got to help them too. Look, I'm the host of the people just because I finally said to myself, why are you doing this? If you hate it, stop doing it. You don't have to do it anymore. You're a grown ass man. Cut it out. And I did. And you know what, I'm better off for it. Fantasy should be what everybody wanted to be. And yes, of course we have to cover everything for everyone. I think it is actually whatever you want it to be. Baby, and tomorrow it's gonna be the Welsh back joining us. And if you want to dig a little deeper into some more of these names, head over to fantasypros dot com because that article and all the Bylows and sell Highs and Mike Mahyor's dissertation about why Paul Blackburn is so terrible and why shou get rid of him? It's worth reading. And of course Mike Mahyor does fantastic work over on our site, not just writing but editing and doing all the things that he does. So all jokes aside, Mike Mayor is pretty important around here. That being said, get out because you're done. You're done for the day. That'll do it for us. But the story of the game goes on for Mike Mayor. I'm Joey p. We'll see you next time. Kids, than than the, than the
Speaker 2: Then, than the