Speaker 1: Bet don't don't bat bamp bam bam, bam, bam bam bam b.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 3: Music's all around us, Michelle is it? Music's all around us?
Speaker 2: Wow? What are you? Bobby McFerrin, Like, what's the end goal here? Friends? I think I.
Speaker 1: Am probably one of the more punishable people while walking down the street because I either whistle or sing or I snap my fingers. It's too much, right, it is a lot. I feel like me and Baron Vaughn should never hang out.
Speaker 4: Aaron Vo's a hilarious comedian who be bops a lot and like, I would love to play you guys one of his voice messages because he just sings and he's just.
Speaker 2: Like, Hello, you don't well, it's you.
Speaker 4: You don't know what I'm like what We had to share a hotel room one time years ago when we did the college circuit and there was toothpaste.
Speaker 2: All over the bathroom mirror.
Speaker 4: Because he's definitely be boxing while he's brushing the seat like Barn.
Speaker 2: Barn.
Speaker 4: But he's got two wonderful kids now, and I'm sure he's like the most fun dad to read a book at night, because for me, I start editing the book and these kids know what the book is now.
Speaker 2: They're like, no, no, you skipped a page. You can't skip a few pages in the book. I got shit to do, Jordan, I got shit to do.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, you skip pages?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Like what?
Speaker 3: Like what book? Like Curious George?
Speaker 4: I mean maybe Ada Aida Scientist, you know, like Doctor Seuss.
Speaker 2: That's just too long.
Speaker 4: Doctor Seus's books definitely came out when there was no TV or like women were not working as much as they are now, because I was like, Doctor Seuss, you gotta wrap us up the cat and the hat. It's like, fuck, it's like pages. I every time I get a book, they're like, read me a book, my mom, like okay, and I love reading them, like two books.
Speaker 2: But then you're like two more and I'm like, who said it? Well?
Speaker 3: You know what I do.
Speaker 1: Like with little man, I make him pick up three and then there's one extra a Bop book, which is like a developmental book, so he's going to read that to me.
Speaker 3: So it's like, make them pick three. That might help.
Speaker 1: But I understand for two because you got twins. So it's like they want to pick one, and they pick it. You know what I'm saying, like, yeah.
Speaker 4: And you know, I thought it was gonna be like Felicia Rashad and Jingle Jangle, like sit by the fire with me kids. No, they are circling me, circling, They're up, they're move I don't like this page. I don't like this book. I want to sit like this. I was like, when the fuck do we read the book? No, it's okay, I'm fine, you guys. I love my kids.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I want to do.
Speaker 4: I want to take them to a water park. But I'm just like, how do you clean them tubes? The little tubes you go through and shit like are people peeing in that?
Speaker 2: You mean the one? There's that one in Jersey? Yeah, the water park in Jersey.
Speaker 1: You can stay for the weekend, for the whole weekend in a water park which just smells like chlorine.
Speaker 2: You don't want to do? That is the dead of winner. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I yeah, I don't even because I'm just like, what if they get stuck and I can't do water parks. I'm too top heavy. I feel like I would topple the fuck over. What if you get a wedgie?
Speaker 2: Can I ask you a question?
Speaker 3: You're from Jersey? Did you ever go to Action Park when you were a kid.
Speaker 2: We didn't have Action Park.
Speaker 4: We had Great Adventure, but Great Adventure had like a water park too, right, I don't think it had a water park. It definitely had a safari. So you can drive through this wonderful big field with like an ostrich and then like a monkey and then some camels or some shit, and then people would like feed the giraffe, and I'm like, everything says do not feed the animals, and fucking yet somebody's got like a fucking Hogi from Wah Wah. They're trying to give to the fucking giraffe and you're surprised when the monkey goes into the window and now it's in the car. You dumb, basic cunt. Leave your seven meat pile high HOGI and your fucking car.
Speaker 2: It's like always a thing.
Speaker 3: People don't learn untill they burn. But I feel like you can also.
Speaker 4: You have everything, but like a spoon, like I don't im just.
Speaker 2: You need a Horrmonica Ahua Monica. Yeah, I know that's two spoons. Like people don't learn to burn. Now, you know what.
Speaker 1: There's also natural water parks you could take the children to you know, like you could go to the dells in like Wisconsin, which are very beautiful if you ever want to take a family trip out there. And not that Texas is the most popular place right now, but there's also New Bruns Fills which is beautiful and has a beautiful, amazing natural water water park.
Speaker 2: I just have a question, Yes, is it beautiful.
Speaker 1: It is, like I've said, third times a charm. Now it's a drinking game. It's pretty gorgeous. But why not take them to like, Okay, you're familiar with flow Rider, why not take them to like one of those beautiful natural springs that you guys have there.
Speaker 2: And then what and then what? I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you want to slide? Huh? You want the river that smells like Suntanocean. I feel you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you want to give him your childhood. I want to give him the childhood I didn't have.
Speaker 2: Like I don't. I don't know how to climb a tree. My parents never let me.
Speaker 3: You don't how to climate tree?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: True?
Speaker 4: You Ah, that is the nicest, weirdest thing you have ever offered.
Speaker 3: You gotta get to the first branch, the first branch of low branch.
Speaker 2: Get that leg over? Where are we going with this?
Speaker 1: We're talking about trees, but you know what, more importantly, it's more or less this. I love Michelle and I will roll with her till the wheels.
Speaker 2: Fall off and she come on. Friendship or bust?
Speaker 3: Friendship or bust? You know what?
Speaker 1: I feel like our guests, we made a new friend. You ever met somebody and you're like, this person has so much promise and they are the future.
Speaker 2: Also have Haitian like me? You know, you meet those.
Speaker 4: People who radiate lights and can fill a room and also educate without being condescending. It's my most favorite, but then also very fun and wild. Oh what can't they do? I'm very excited for you guys, and I wish y'all could have been there because it was cute.
Speaker 2: What can I say? What's that? Program? Makes some motherfucking noise? What are you?
Speaker 4: Why are you so cute? We got a mohawk and some pizza and white girls with curly hair.
Speaker 2: This is great. I can't believe I'm someone's mom. This is so stupid.
Speaker 3: You look great. I love your outfit. Who loves her outfit?
Speaker 4: Tonight?
Speaker 3: Come on, come on.
Speaker 2: I'm winning.
Speaker 4: Holy I know. I love Lizzie so much every fucking day. Oh my god, fucking.
Speaker 1: Don Will on the ones and twos, Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 2: I mean, how do you keep up with all the latest music on? It's a job, It's your job, the job. Who are you feeling now, there's so many albums that dropped this year.
Speaker 1: Who are you feeling so dropping? Yes, I mean I'm still I'm still on Renaissance. I can't even refront.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the energy, the church girl.
Speaker 4: I remember we did the show last week and I asked Jordan what he thought about Renaissance and he goes the era, the.
Speaker 3: Era that we're living in, the Renaissance era.
Speaker 2: Beyond my dad.
Speaker 1: I didn't know what the album was called. I was like, oh, it's the new Beyonce album. Okay, cool.
Speaker 4: It was like, while you're unpacking the dishwasher and helping the kids with their homework, please.
Speaker 2: Put on Spotify. I have it.
Speaker 3: Won't break my soul. I'm really excited. I like it. I like the album, especially the church going.
Speaker 4: That was really good, Like, yeah, I think that was written for one of her cousins that got shown from her church.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was very like it was very like the color purple. You know what I mean? God was trying to tell her something and you're saying this is I'm always like, who the fuck are you?
Speaker 4: Make some noise if you've seen the color purple, Okay, make some noise if you haven't.
Speaker 3: Racist No, I don't.
Speaker 4: Know basic anyway, Oh my god, what a fucking day. I cannot but this fucking day. How the fuck are you? I'm doing good, I feel great. I raced a teenager on on the track today.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: Who was like?
Speaker 1: This little ship had teenager. I was doing my intervals and uh and then.
Speaker 4: This pall, wait a minute, it is human as fuck you outside doing cardios.
Speaker 3: I know why, well, because I'm forty four and I'm just I wanna I just want to I want to live. And uh, I'm like, it's just read. I bet I'm bad at it.
Speaker 4: But I always feel bad for those people in CrossFit, like they look like they're being chased around a fucking block in the rain.
Speaker 2: I'm like, go home, and cat cow, why are you here?
Speaker 1: I admittedly I do have horrible runners for him. It looks like I've just escaped from a kill room and one of those people Like people are like, are you okay, you know, like I look terrible when I break out, but yeah, this kid was like I don't know. He was like doing soccer practice or soccer tryouts, and then he like sized me.
Speaker 2: Up and he's like, you want to go full up?
Speaker 3: And I was like, yeah, let's do this. Yeah.
Speaker 4: No one has ever looked at these titties and said do you want to go full up?
Speaker 2: Is that what men do at the gym? And such? I think, have you ever been challenged?
Speaker 3: I haven't.
Speaker 1: No one challenges me, but I think that happens. He chow, he chouts men.
Speaker 2: And you accepted the challenge. Of course.
Speaker 1: Of course I accepted, and it's it's because I'm a fool, and uh I was. I think I almost died of a major cornary. That kid he had birdbones. He was very he was built for speed, but he didn't know that I I am very competitive.
Speaker 3: So I found the strength inside me.
Speaker 1: I was like my ms, I like called almost no, and then just was like hineing it.
Speaker 4: And that's blacked up about you, because it's equal parts sad and inspirational.
Speaker 3: Thank you, thank you, Mike.
Speaker 2: Why would you do that to y'osea? Are you okay? Your ankles.
Speaker 1: Okay, I feel good. I feel sound as a pound. I'm these are my final moments.
Speaker 3: So I feel I did I did good. I did really good.
Speaker 1: I think I stayed probably like I don't know, maybe like ten meters ahead of him the whole time.
Speaker 2: You know, I don't know math like that ten.
Speaker 1: Meters is like thirty feet like at the end, because he didn't have endurance, motherfuckers, and it's about who slows down the least.
Speaker 2: Congratulations. Why, okay, that's.
Speaker 3: Nice, my wife? Oh yeah, my wife.
Speaker 4: I feel like, much like in work, much like in life, much like exercising, I'm not I'm only in competition with myself. I'm not going to compare myself to others I was. I'm not going to try to keep.
Speaker 2: Up, even if.
Speaker 4: I'm on the peloton, peloton whatever, I'm like peloton.
Speaker 2: Yes, this is what she's doing today, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like I was in competition with myself until I was so rudely interrupted he slapped me across the face with his silken glove, and I mean, come on, our rep was on the fucking line, like this.
Speaker 2: Is an episode of Bridgeton. I'm not even but when do we get finger fucked in the castle.
Speaker 4: I don't even understand what we're even talking about anymore, not even a little bit.
Speaker 1: Those four Hamilton kids will learn their lesson from now on, you know what I'm saying. They'll know that's right when Jordan Carlos comes to town.
Speaker 4: Anyways, I'm sorry I asked you how you were doing?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: How is? What did you do today?
Speaker 2: My day was fucking wild, like taking kids to daycare.
Speaker 4: It just feels like I'm an episode of like Supermarket Sweep, but there's no Leslie Jones and like a fucking blazer.
Speaker 2: I'm just like sneakers, socks.
Speaker 4: Like I understand why people just be high all day, you know what I mean? Because I want to be that mom. It's just like, you got your shit cool, let's go, and they just follow me, but they don't. Like I look at those videos of like the Mama bear trying to cross the street with the baby bears, and that's me.
Speaker 2: I'm like, come on, no.
Speaker 4: Not you too, And it's like no one listens to me and no one takes me seriously. I think it's my voice, the freckles, my spirit. It's fun. I understand that. I'm like the fun parent. But I'm like, you gotta listen to me, you know what I mean, Because then I just start to cry. I'm not sad, I'm happy. I'm frustrated, you know what I mean. Oh yeah, But then I turn on a little billy porter on the way to daycare and it feels like I'm teaching my kids how to vogue. It's fun. You gotta teach him like the real shit. But before where I left, my son had a blowout, and I.
Speaker 3: Know, I don't know if you know how to blow it up temper Like.
Speaker 4: No, it's it's not his temper. It's not when he straightens his hair. It's when he shits so badly it comes piping out of the fucking diaper up into his neck like just and that.
Speaker 2: Guy held his heart. Look at that. He just went like this, that's right. I'm brave, heart bitch.
Speaker 4: And like, you know, look at this jumper, look at these eyebrows.
Speaker 2: I don't have time for a blowout.
Speaker 1: There's just so many people that are like young and childless here They're like, this is this is what I have to look forward.
Speaker 2: You gout, you have no fuck. Thank god.
Speaker 4: I age well because I have two dogs, two kids. It's a lot make some noise. If you even have like a fucking plant, do you have do you have a pet? Okay, do you have a pet over thirty pounds? Do you have a pet over forty pounds? Do you have a pet over fifty pounds?
Speaker 3: Who has these fucking mastives?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 3: What's going on around here?
Speaker 4: Because I have a lab mastiff ninety pounds, she's my goal weight. This shits are Have you ever seen pictures of like dead people from Pompeii? That's what her shits look like.
Speaker 3: That's awful.
Speaker 2: Like my backyard is like the floor is love, but it is not.
Speaker 3: This is Whitney.
Speaker 2: It's not Whitney Houston is Lola Fulana. Here's the deal. This is really fucking gross.
Speaker 4: When people ask me if they should adopt a dog, I'm like, can you love something more than you love yourself?
Speaker 2: And they're like yes.
Speaker 4: I'm like, can you take care of something before you take care of yourself? They're like, what you mean? And then I like to tell them this story. Whitney Houston. Okay, that's the floor, it's not my butt.
Speaker 3: I was wondering what right I was wondering did I just.
Speaker 4: Fart and not know it is that something that happens with age in primary color jumpsuits.
Speaker 2: It is the floor. I thought I was queenfit all over this story. It's the floor.
Speaker 4: I was like, how much air do I have in my crotch that I don't even know is coming out?
Speaker 1: Turns out, turns out it's just the floor. Boy, you found the one squeaky floorboard right there.
Speaker 2: You're good? Always fine? You okay? Okay? Because your glasses are fugging up. I want to check in, are you okay? Okay? Great?
Speaker 4: So I don't know how, but Whitney Houston found a poop diaper and ate it and I was like, I hope you're okay. I don't have time to go to the vet at all. And then my husband and I woke up the next morning and it was like, have you ever seen Santa Clarita diet? Do you remember when she turned into the zombie and she was just vomiting all over the house And you're just like, Drew Barrymore, that's not real. Well, it's real when your dog eats a poop dip book and this is disgusting. Hold on to your fucking emotional seats, your basic bitches.
Speaker 2: Her Vomit smelled like shit.
Speaker 4: I wasn't prepared to tell the story, but I didn't realize I have to share. Look they're doing home alone. Face, they're just holding their faces. They don't know that guy's still holding his hard. We'll check on you in two minutes, check his harm. It was fucking yuck. And I've seen my husband cry three times. I didn't known him for fourteen years.
Speaker 2: Three times and fourteen years.
Speaker 4: This motherfucker was sobbing, sobbing, got down on his knees like a lifetime moving.
Speaker 2: I was like, am I Judith? Light?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: I didn't even know what was happening. And then I just looked at him and I was like, we shall overcome. I didn't even know what to do. I had to be strong for the both of us.
Speaker 4: He's the strong and it was instant it everywhere we went. It was like a fucking horror movie. I was like, is it gonna be in this room?
Speaker 2: And it was it?
Speaker 3: How long was the cleaning process?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: How long did it take you to get all of it?
Speaker 4: I had to leave because emotionally I couldn't do it anymore. I love that, so I just was like call people like call people to.
Speaker 2: Come in and do it. We can't. He's like, who do I call it?
Speaker 4: Like, you'll figure it out. And I had to leave. I had to be good for the both of us. I had to put my offer.
Speaker 1: Yeah the door slowly no, no, I ran out like again supermarket sweeps.
Speaker 2: I was like bye and just left.
Speaker 4: I was like I couldn't do it because you know, once we were taking the fucking pillows off, like the couch and just kind of figure and then we threw away two rugs.
Speaker 2: I was like, I.
Speaker 4: Can't do this anything I used to do. I was like, I'm cute. I went to college. Do you know I started doing this. I was like, I went to college. I know who my dad is. I worgasmed the first time I had sex. I started like doing all these I was like, be happy about something, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Did you ever consider like putting the dog in the backyard or anything like that, Like it was during the night. I know, but you know what, back in the day, black people used to do that.
Speaker 4: What the fuck is wrong with you?
Speaker 3: We used to put our dogs in the backyard.
Speaker 2: No, that's terrible. I would never leave her outside all night.
Speaker 3: Okay, things change.
Speaker 2: What a dick.
Speaker 3: No, I would never I'm just saying it stops.
Speaker 2: Sniping your wine after you say that.
Speaker 1: I had a similar thing happened when I was a kid and my parents did this to me in a second grade.
Speaker 3: We had the dog inside. My dad hated that the dog was inside. My dad was raised with dogs on the outside.
Speaker 2: And then we were in.
Speaker 1: This sediti like cul de sac, like we came up from civil rights and now we've got a nice house in a white neighborhood.
Speaker 2: And then the kid's voices, are you in Hamilton? What the fuck was that? It's a it's a civil rights leader, all right.
Speaker 1: So so anyway, we have the dog and the kids, you know, we want the dog inside, and then the dogs shits inside, and then it shits everywhere in this little shower and my dad in the second grade, my dad was like, either you clean it all up or the dog never lives in the house again.
Speaker 3: And I couldn't do it.
Speaker 2: You were responsible for that dog's.
Speaker 3: Life, yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: And I was just like, I am so sorry, Bud, but you're going outside it and it lived outside for the rest of its days.
Speaker 2: Now, oh my god.
Speaker 4: You were like that white racist dude in the colored purple that kicked Sophie in the face.
Speaker 2: With her kids. Yes, yes you are.
Speaker 1: You're responsible for the mist therapist. Network therapist told me, I.
Speaker 3: Am not that.
Speaker 1: I am not what my father you know what, I am not my father. So I'm kind and i am I'm absolved. This lady's nodding her head like, yes, yes, she gets it. Yeah, So what I did was course correct. And now my dog is to sleep in our house and you know he's he's well taken care.
Speaker 4: The whole point of this is that I'm a good person. The whole point of this is that you are not your father. And then also whenever someone's just like a busy person, it's just like should I adopt a dog?
Speaker 2: I tell him that story? Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Like if we actually thought about shit before we did it, then maybe we wouldn't do it. It's the point of that, because you know, I knew a chick in La and she would adopt a dog like every time she had a breakup or a bad date.
Speaker 2: Shou what I mean?
Speaker 4: But like she had no personality, Like she had to tell everybody she was allergic to milk, I'm like nobody, that's not a conversation. Start like, stop, you sound like you've fart a lot.
Speaker 2: Just say something else true.
Speaker 1: Here's the question, though, if we tell everybody about these certain things in life, like we tell them the.
Speaker 3: Raw truth, will they actually do it? Namely marriage?
Speaker 2: Kids?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 4: But I think a lot of people write like you have to be in those shoes, right if they hear all the things like the good and the bad, the pros and call that shit and then they still go with it, at least they'll be prepared with open eyes, yes, and open hearts and open legs. Yeah, I love it. We need a higher Letting's gonna be louder, thank you with open legs. There was a second to lay with open legs. Anyways, let's get on with the show. We got a great show for you all. This is very fucking exciting. You guys are cute as fun. I'm excited to be here. I got a babysit I never met before. I just left my children with some bitch.
Speaker 2: I don't know her.
Speaker 4: She had on bike shorts, a crop top and a camel toe.
Speaker 2: Us that call me if you name me.
Speaker 3: You just threw some hot pockets at them and just dipped.
Speaker 2: What'd you do like that? Anyways? Tell us who we're gonna fucking be talking.
Speaker 4: To, Jordan, don't judge for my journey.
Speaker 1: Our first guest today is actually a city council member for Crown Heights. Okay, represent the youngest city council member I think ever elected.
Speaker 3: Please give a huge round of applause to Geo, say.
Speaker 2: The gun.
Speaker 3: Welcome, Welcome, Welcome, welcome, welcome. Okay, the thirty six district? Are we doing Brooklyn? Yes, thirty six district?
Speaker 6: Correct, Yes, it's Bedsteging, Crown Heights. Yell if you live in Bedsti or Crown Heights. We got some gentrifiers in the house. What you gonna do about it?
Speaker 3: Cheese? I love all my constituents.
Speaker 2: You are so cute.
Speaker 3: Your mouth wide open right now? Are you okay?
Speaker 2: Why who's whose mouth is wide open?
Speaker 3: Someone right here?
Speaker 2: Can you not believe it's your?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 3: Your city council member?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Did you need any black? She was my prom date?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Surprising, right? You hear the sound of my in the Dawson's Creek is going on. Give me a fucking minute. It hasn't been a minute.
Speaker 4: Okay, we're gonna start asking about receiving ship. Well, you didn't pay for the Kentucky Fried Chicken at the problem?
Speaker 2: What is the problem.
Speaker 3: Here's the thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, here's what's even crazier. We have Danny Black right here. Oh my god, I'm kidding.
Speaker 3: I'm kidding. Okay, go ahead, Oh.
Speaker 2: My god, Okay.
Speaker 4: Steve Harvey, what made you decide to run?
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's a great, great question. I still ask myself that every single day.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Yeah.
Speaker 6: I never thought I would run for office before. I used to be a party promoter before the panny.
Speaker 2: I know that, I know.
Speaker 6: And when the pandemic hit, it turned the entire industry and world on its head. And it wasn't until the murder of George Floyd where you know, I left my quarantine and felt like I needed to do something anything, And you know, in the days that I was going out, you know, the way that the NYPD reacted to folks that were non violently protesting against that violence made me want to go more and do something even bigger than what I was doing besides protesting. And there was a conversation, yeah, and there was a conversation about divesting or defunding the police and the people that were responsible for the lack of defunding our police war our city council. So I said fuck it and threw my bid in to run for city council against a forty year democratic establishment and one at the tender age of nineteen.
Speaker 2: No, I'm kidding.
Speaker 6: Wait, you're nineteen, I'm twenty four, I'm twenty four, twenty three, I'm kidding.
Speaker 4: Nineteen from the waist down. That's gross. I'm so sorry. As it came out, it felt like vomit and shit. So listen, do you ever feel like you were in over your head? You are overwhelmed, there's something you don't know. How do you ask about things you don't know about and people take you seriously?
Speaker 2: That's a lot of questions. Go ahead.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I think something that I realized within this job, and especially now that i'm a council member now and work with other council members that are decades older than me, is that no one really knows what they're doing and we're all kind of learning on the spot, and maybe that's why things are the way that they are. But I will say that I'm a quick learner. I'm able to learn on my feet. And I think the most important quality that an elected official needs to have, and so many of them do not have, is someone that gives a shit, you know, and cares about their community and cares about the work that they do. And frankly, most of our elected officials care about you know, corporations and folks that are putting money in their pockets and the people that they represent.
Speaker 2: That the truth. So, okay, I.
Speaker 1: Love so tell us what's what's something you like wish people knew about their city council member? Like what they did, what you know, what their powers are, what you know, not like you're a warlock, but us just what exactly you.
Speaker 3: Do and what can you do for them?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 6: Yeah, So the City Council is responsible for four major things in our city. They vote on our over one hundred billion dollar budget, which goes to our NYPD, our schools, our infrastructure, our healthcare. We're the legislative body of New York City. We delegate land use that happens in New York. So when you see these high rises go up and you see rampant gentrification happen, sometimes that's because of our City Council. And finally, we are there for constituent services, so you know, we answer the needs of our people. But the reason you should care about the city council and your elected officials is because I believe that local government can go a lot further in terms of making change in our life than the federal government.
Speaker 3: You know, the.
Speaker 6: Clap it up, And we should care about the people that we're electing on the local level because it affects our day to day lives right here in New York City.
Speaker 3: Oh oh man, and and oh please go ahead, please no.
Speaker 4: I was going to say, it feels like you're doing God's work. And in today's climate where people can they can bully you online and in person, what has it been like for you because you have to have, you know, such thick skin. Do you read the comments? Does anyone try to undermine you? If so, how do you how do you deal with that? Because so many of us want more than what we have, and we just don't know how to ask for it because then we're going to be seen as difficult. And even when we put ourselves out there and become vulnerable, then like we're being vulnerable to everybody's opinion.
Speaker 2: So how do you deal with that? Yeah.
Speaker 6: I mean, I think the hardest part I'll say about this entire experience is being the first Gen Z elected official of New York City. The biggest hurdle that I've had to go over is not getting my be real on time during a press conference. But thank you to the young people that laugh. But besides that, I was like, sure, I know what that means. But besides that, you know, at first, it was it was very hard to not, you know, take the comments that I was getting to hard. And still sometimes there's some that come in and I'm like, ouch, But some of these trolls are funny, Like my right wing trolls will like take a picture of me and do like a poorly photoshopped image of me looking like a clown, and it's really fucking funny sometimes. But walking is a really great tool sometimes too. But I take so much confidence in the work that I do, and especially the work that I do within my community and for those that are marginalized, whether they're you know, black, trans queer. I feel so lucky to be in this place to uplift them and use my power. So uh, when I see those comments, it's it's it doesn't really hurt me because I'm helping other people that are not looking at those comments or even have social media in one way, shape or form.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you, ques, I.
Speaker 2: Want to clap every time you say something I know.
Speaker 4: I want to clap every time you see it's it's info.
Speaker 1: I want to ask this, so like it's a Pinterest page.
Speaker 3: I I wonder, I wonder this like when you when you were young, were you like like making speeches to like, you know whatever you're to boys and and things like that.
Speaker 2: What you know?
Speaker 3: Tell me were you were your student council president? Were you like what what were you doing in your young young youth?
Speaker 6: Actually, Danny Black will tell you I ran for like class president three times in high school and lost every single time. So this is my this is my redemption arc. Yes, no, but I was the kid in the playground that like created the other games, not like the traditional graames like it in Target, but like the games like cracking, which none of you have probably heard of.
Speaker 3: What is what is that? I'm in.
Speaker 2: Courtyard cracking A loser? Got a tattoo with a no.
Speaker 6: I I like telling people what to do, and I didn't like listening to authority too, So I think that brought me to this point that I'm at today.
Speaker 3: What do you think of coalitions though? Do you make do you try to make coalitions within uh, within the city council? Absolutely, that was good.
Speaker 1: Uh you did good, Jordan, Thank you.
Speaker 6: No, absolutely, I think we we need coalitions to win, uh, you know, the values and the rights that we all deserve. However, you know, sometimes it's hard to form a coalition with with people that you know, go back on their words.
Speaker 5: Just last summer, but just just to give you some insight into what a city council just recently did.
Speaker 6: But this past June, the council passed a budget that defunded our nearly five hundred million dollars. And yeah, and I was unfortunately one of six council members to vote no on that budget, but there were others that said that they were going to do the same thing. So, yes, coalition is so important, but uh, you really have to invest in and uplift those that really are there to fight in the trenches with you. And I'm here for the long run. But coalestions are important. It's just a lot harder and easier said than done.
Speaker 2: Of course, of course, so how do you let your hand down. What do you do for fun? Are you?
Speaker 3: And are you like the Prime Minister of Finland.
Speaker 6: I maybe I had to delete my grinder, which is like, I guess changed up my dating life a little bit. Never though, what I don't know, Like I think every single Rayah account that I get to, it's like someone playing like cold Heart by Dua Lipa as their song, so it's like, not really my type of pea. It's a good song, though, I was.
Speaker 4: Like, it's a bob, it's my warm up cold cold Hu. Yes, I love Elton, but.
Speaker 6: You know I go out. I still like to party obviously. Yeah, you know I'm a little more low key at the at the event, but I always smile and give a hug to a constituent if they see me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, is that what we call them? Now? Watch scancel.
Speaker 1: You're definitely one of the best looking districts. It's like got the youngest. We're gonna say, I'm one of the best looking counsels. You are, I gotta look at you. Come on, give it up. They know who they're sending. Yes, Betsy is beautiful. Crown Heights is beautiful. I grew up in in Crown Heights and you know. I'm just so lucky to have the honor to represent such a historic black.
Speaker 2: Mecca, New York City.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, I yeah, you're that, you're doing well.
Speaker 2: I'm just Italian. Stop. I love that we both have Haitian dads. That's fine.
Speaker 6: We do have Haitian dads. Mine isn't alive anymore, so you have a Haitian dad.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, but he's still Haitian.
Speaker 1: I like your darkness too. I love that from the city Council. It's like, we can be this, but we can be dark as well. I've been told I have a super villain laugh, which is not a good.
Speaker 4: Unless you're into that. We all have our kings. I'm not judging out loud.
Speaker 2: Listen. I love Haitian dads.
Speaker 4: They feel like like the last true Renaissance man.
Speaker 2: Well, like.
Speaker 3: I told you, I listened to the album.
Speaker 4: Because if I feel like they can do everything and I don't know what You're dead taught you. But my dad was like, no, everything you know because and go everywhere, because you know, you're not just half Haitian.
Speaker 2: You're a citizen of the world.
Speaker 4: When I was growing up, at first he would like, fuck with me, and be like, you'd be beautiful if you lost twenty pounds, and I was like, beautiful, no matter what.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 4: And then he goes, there, that's my girl, and I was like, you couldn't have said it another way.
Speaker 2: It was tough.
Speaker 4: Yes, it was tough love, but it was like enough love where I was just like, Okay, I'm prepared.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 6: I think Haitian dads like to test their their children, right. I think it's embedded in the history and the culture of voodoo, right, magic and trace, So I think.
Speaker 2: Right, I don't know, maybe we will say dad twenty three and met up.
Speaker 4: There's actually this app in Iceland because like you, it's so inbred up there that you can bump your phones your phones if you download this app and see if you are related.
Speaker 1: It's true. It's good for people form Mississippi. The probability is high in Iceland. My family's from Mississippi. Don't act like y'all love Mississippi.
Speaker 2: Noay, have you done twenty three? And me yes.
Speaker 6: I think it's ridiculous that white people took black people from Africa and they were like, here, give us twenty seven dollars and ninety nine cents and we'll tell you where you're from.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 2: I like that. That's a bit.
Speaker 3: Look at I love that very thing.
Speaker 2: I did it and my twenty three and meter was real crazy.
Speaker 4: It was just like all ports. I'm like, okay, that was a port. That's a port Cicily. Okay, who got dropped off? I picked up like it was sadisfuck, but I was like, okay, we got freckles. Listen, we got some questions from the audience about adulting.
Speaker 2: We're about to answer. Let me ready, let's ask you. Oh my god, no one goes why are we still single? Bitch? If you ask in when, what do you meet? Who asked that question? Raise your hand, ma'am.
Speaker 1: Oh listen, I think I think you're great. I don't know why. I don't know why.
Speaker 3: You're still single. We we don't. We don't know much about.
Speaker 2: You at all.
Speaker 4: I will say this, take a trip and meet someone. Yeah, going to Canada. Start small, you know, yeah? Yeah, go to Montreal. Good, good to put back here another language, have a different handbooker.
Speaker 3: Go to Vancouver, go to Toronto.
Speaker 4: You have to run ship by your friends before you make a decision. You can make your own decisions by yourself. Okay, don't think about it. What's one place you always want to go?
Speaker 2: I said, we.
Speaker 6: Know that the answer was in her eyes. I will say that everywhere you go there you are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we all.
Speaker 3: Know that one. But I feel like there's a place for you and a person.
Speaker 2: It's not terrible advice.
Speaker 1: I honestly think there's a little town and I just went there in Mexico called San Poncho, which is really beautiful.
Speaker 3: Thank you. And if you can't find love there, you can't find love. All right. Pick a question, just this question.
Speaker 1: My mom complained of a lackluster sex life with my dad exclamation point parenthetical. So I'm thinking of buying her a vibrator. What kind do you recommend?
Speaker 2: Oh, you know why.
Speaker 4: I don't know how your mom is built, but I will say, give her something with options, but start small. Maybe do something a little bit more fleshy. If she's she's straight, right, give her some a little more fleshy. Actually, just give us something that just goes on the clip. She just needs a little orgasm.
Speaker 2: Maybe she is.
Speaker 4: Any penetration like a little rabbit, right, yeah, give a little set and give her some of this, and give her some wipes with it too.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: And maybe dad and mom can go to Babes and toilet together and purchase said.
Speaker 2: Or you take her. Make it a fucking day.
Speaker 3: Out, make it real weird?
Speaker 2: Can I tell you, my ma?
Speaker 4: You know, when you look at someone, you could tell they haven't had an orgasm. And I'm just like, I'm so sorry for you, Like I just try to hug them like you're you're still here, you know what I mean? Like, go, it's like a deep hole.
Speaker 2: Why are you looking at me?
Speaker 1: I I'm fine, I have plenty.
Speaker 3: I always climb it.
Speaker 2: Okay, we have I have one. How often should you clean your bathroom?
Speaker 4: Yuck?
Speaker 1: More a lot more than you are right now. It's like, don't wait till the mold and mildews starts playing like hello through the cracks.
Speaker 4: Just be on top of it, as they do a deep clean once a week and a gentle wipe down every day.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Interesting.
Speaker 4: Also, I when I used to be an editor, I did this. I edited this story about bacteria in New York. It's a lot. It's a lot on all the railings and all the doe knobs, and don't white, don't do this to your eye after you told home. And you have to also get the knobs on your toilet and also in your bathroom. And also don't keep your toothbrush next to your toilet because the fecal matter spreads.
Speaker 6: Don't don't keep it next to it. Okay, Yeah, and keep for sis man peace sitting down pro tip peace sitting down. Yeah, yeah, you should pee sitting down. I already do.
Speaker 3: Okay, so I'm on it.
Speaker 2: I'm on it.
Speaker 3: Twenty twenty two.
Speaker 1: How much should I spin on a bottle of wine as a gift?
Speaker 2: Twenty five thirty five, twenty five.
Speaker 4: If it's a pino noir, make sure it's been aged at least four years. That's how you get a good body. Those grapes need four years twenty five. And if it's a wine, make sure a white wine. Make sure you know if they like dry or sweet, because that's disgusting if you like, if you don't like what they give you.
Speaker 3: This sounds so fancy. I am definitely from the phronsie camp.
Speaker 1: But my wife wanted to go to wine country.
Speaker 3: I was like, hell, that box wine country, let's do it.
Speaker 2: Also, like people.
Speaker 4: Google wines and shit to see how much it cost Oh, pick.
Speaker 2: Another one, yeah, and then put that one back in there. Thank you. I like this. What's the question?
Speaker 6: How do you figure out which rules you actually have to follow?
Speaker 4: That's interesting because I feel like I was trying to learn Dutch because my husband's Dutch, just to read his emails, and it's a lot of copy and pasting, you know what I mean. Wow, But it felt like learning Dutch was also like learning how to drive or walk in New York, Like you learn all the rules and then you learn how to break them to like sort of like figure out how to assimilate. So I don't know what you mean by this, but learn all the things you think you should do and then figure out what's good for you, Like ask people you should take your shoes off when you go into their house. Don't assume you know type shit. I feel like it's around manners.
Speaker 2: I don't know. These are very general questions, you guys.
Speaker 3: I know it's interesting.
Speaker 1: I love the generalities of it all, and I think I think they're looking for a lens for which to look through, you know, to look at life through, and I can't give it to you.
Speaker 2: I feel like it's followed the rules that don't hurt others. Oh, yes, ma'am, Yes, ma'am.
Speaker 1: Here's a good one. What do you do when the kids turn the tables? You can't beat them, and they are smart.
Speaker 3: It feels like a cry for help if I've ever heard on man uh, Mike, My child is nine and very smart, and you just you just have to if they're smart, you play up to their intelligence.
Speaker 1: So the height of your intelligence and their intelligence. But then also you need to be unreasonable at some point and and just be like because I said so, you know, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: That's so. There's too many steps for me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what are you gonna do? What you're gonna do?
Speaker 2: I just do whatever works.
Speaker 4: Like we were at H and M the other day and they were like putting their hands in front the elevators.
Speaker 2: I said, if you put your hand.
Speaker 4: In there and the door closes on your hand, you're gonna die.
Speaker 3: Okay, do you want to die?
Speaker 1: What you want to die is the most because.
Speaker 4: It feels like you're gonna die. So here you go. They're three and a half, they're still months old, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Remember, you're gonna die.
Speaker 2: You're gonna fucking die.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Okay, this next one is our boots and shorts and acceptable combination? I think it depends on the boot and it depends on the length of the short.
Speaker 2: What do you think? Talk about it? Let's talk about it. So I think like this, should there be a law for no.
Speaker 6: I think like a short this cut to this length and maybe like a boutaga or about it, maybe like a higher sock. I think that could work. So I think your skin color plays a role in it too.
Speaker 2: Oh does it not? Ever? But I think if.
Speaker 6: You're like white with shorts in a boot, it's giving, like colonizer a little bit.
Speaker 4: Saying I was going to say it's giving Sarah Silverman, but I allo, so understand where you're coming from.
Speaker 6: But when I see, like when I see like the white dude in like the short shorts and the boots and bedsty, I'm like, this is new age saka Jawaya, I got you, yes, kind.
Speaker 1: Of like a nineteenth century imperialist like yeah, and I presume.
Speaker 6: I've discovered this land of Bedford statisant.
Speaker 2: Yes. Oh my goodness, so many fantasies. I can't do this.
Speaker 4: We go, Oh my god, Christopher Columbus, come see my Nina.
Speaker 1: This is hilarious. Why didn't you answer my friend's question from two.
Speaker 2: Weeks to go? Make it three?
Speaker 3: Make it three?
Speaker 4: We ask all our guests what's the most adult thing you want to do for yourself this year that you haven't been able to do yet?
Speaker 2: And it can be anything. Oh my god, that's a huge question. Can be anything. I got fall in love? How tall are you? Thank you so much? Thank you? Listen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was a good good show. Yes, good show. Learned a lot. I lovechsa's presence.
Speaker 1: I love their facility with issues and sense of style, super relatable and approachable, local hometown product of these schools, you know what I'm saying, getting it done and has the people's backing.
Speaker 3: They're lucky over there in best I and Crown Heights.
Speaker 4: It makes me miss Brooklyn even more. If you are thinking about visiting New York, the city obviously is epic and beautiful and iconic, but definitely visit the other boroughs. You know, get some dim summon queens, go to Brooklyn. Yeah, there's these really great little shops on flat Bush, New like stuff that you can't find anywhere else but Brooklyn. I say, explore. And also, if you live in New York vote, you.
Speaker 3: Know, like please do it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's too important, Like, please vote, your vote matters. Ask a friend to go with you. It's sort of like a jog, you know, vote and then go get like a margarita.
Speaker 3: Yeah, make it special.
Speaker 1: Like early voting begins someventy two hours before election day, so please vote early. Get that sticker and post it and that you did that on ig like you said though, Michelle, like put it ahead of something fun. I know voting can be kind of like a chore, but it's like reward yourself with something nice after. And please read up about the candidates, you know, do that. Don't just be at the ballot be like.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'll just vot straight ticket on this, Like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I like conversations, but you can't just believe people's opinions and do the research for yourself, like, you know, treat whatever candidate you're about to vote for it sort of like your dentist or you're gonna call it just or whatever doctor, Like this person is representing you. They are important. And make sure you go to an outlet that is a good one.
Speaker 3: A viable outlet.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's so there is so much. There are too many sassy Russian bots out there.
Speaker 2: Say it out.
Speaker 3: I would only say this too.
Speaker 1: We want the full throated voice of the people, right, because it's like you want what they call in Latin the vox popular. The great historian Howard Zen once wrote, we get less than fifty percent of the electric voting, which means that it only takes twenty six percent of the electric to decide on who's representing you.
Speaker 3: That's one in four people. That's way out of whack.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's so crazy. Do you see what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Yes, they're deciding making decisions about your life, your body, everything, your money, so we need full participation.
Speaker 3: If those numbers don't frighten you, they should.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: In Australia it's illegal not to vote.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: I think the Ossis do a lot of bad stuff, but they got that right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's also do a lot of good stuff. I can't think of any right now.
Speaker 1: They're always out here saving Kowalas and they're giving back lands that they took away from the Aborigines back to them now, so I guess they're making amends. I'm not going to give him too much of a pat on the back, but one hundred percent voting. I think is great and I think that we've gotten away from that in country because we don't win on ideas anymore, do we.
Speaker 2: We went on threats.
Speaker 3: So that said just chiosa and talking to him gets you gets that part of me go wing and energize, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love talking to them.
Speaker 4: And you know, it's so funny because you're not a politician, but you did play one on TV and I love when to get passionate because y'all can't see it because it's a podcast, but you were even given me.
Speaker 1: Like Obama fingers. Yes, so Obama took this one right. Gosh, what would I do?
Speaker 4: You can't see what he's doing. I'm looking at it. I don't even know what's going on.
Speaker 2: I'm giving you.
Speaker 3: I've given like the Italian fingers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's given black.
Speaker 4: Robert de Niro, Well, Robert de Niro likes the chocolate cake. We know that, and so it's a yummy flavor.
Speaker 3: He's had layers and layers, He's had some.
Speaker 2: Much chocolate cake.
Speaker 4: It's like a show stopper in British Breakoff. It's like a season finale. Bobby, come do the show.
Speaker 2: Fop friend of the pod Robert de Niro, We know you are.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I would just have like I would just have red wine and chocolate pop tarts waiting for him.
Speaker 2: It's so silly. What a stupid show. Thank you guys for listening.
Speaker 3: It's a stupid show.
Speaker 2: But I love you.
Speaker 3: I love you too.
Speaker 2: Now I want a chocolate pop start. Bye bye everyone.
Speaker 3: This has been an exactly right production.
Speaker 2: Our senior producer is g Helly.
Speaker 3: Our associate producer is Alex Cheat.
Speaker 2: This episode was mixed by John Bradley.
Speaker 3: Our guest booker is Patrick.
Speaker 2: Additional production support from Hannah Kyle Kreich.
Speaker 1: Theme song and live show DJing is by DJ Don Will.
Speaker 2: Our live show producer is Mariann Ways. Artwork by Jamie Bechtel, Photography by Guys Savander.
Speaker 1: Most executive produced by Karen Kilgera, Georgia Hardstark and Daniel Kramer.
Speaker 2: Follow the show on Instagram at Adulting the Pod.
Speaker 1: Email your questions to Adulting Questions at gmail dot com.
Speaker 2: Okay,