Speaker 1: All right, We're good.
Speaker 2: You like go.
Speaker 3: Busting with the boys, hanging with the face, bending on the game. No moment's gonna tell us what you can not be. We're here just drinking beer and making that No baby, I'm hanging with the feelers, busting with the.
Speaker 2: Boys, bro.
Speaker 4: With the boys.
Speaker 2: We are back in action. If you're watching right now, make sure you subscribe to the Boys.
Speaker 4: Subscribe right five hours the whole thing, dude, So it keeps this motor running day in in, day out. It's very nice for us. One thing that you know about us, if you're tuning in for the first time, you're about to hear it for the first time, and that is that we are a Chevy podcast. Busting with the Boys is presented by Chevy. This is a Chevy truck podcast, the greatest trucks ever built in Our good friends at Chevrolet have been a big part of the bus and family and even in our personal lives. Chevy Silverado a longtime awesome partner of the show. A truck with commanding and unstoppable grit, grit, legendary capability and dependability too. So find yourself like so many of our boys, and head over to Chevy dot com. Check out the Chevy truck's grit and build your own Silverado for do it yourself projects to road trips, offered adventures, to tailgates wherever. Whatever your thing is, it all starts with the Chevy truck.
Speaker 2: I mean I talk about mine every episode. I'm obsessed. I love my truck. I see Sharan by the way, Sherman Young. He is a new member of Busting with the Boys. Surem, I saw you dabble with the Chevy. You got that Z seventy one.
Speaker 5: I got the Z seventy one. Now I don't have the Silverado. I'm envious of the Silverado, but I do have a Tahoe Schreevy Tahoe dependable, reliable for the boys, for the brand, dependable, reliable, just moved to Nashville. Could fit everything in there. God's the best.
Speaker 2: Your moving truck took down the electricity for your street. Yeah when you.
Speaker 5: For several neighbors, so essentially small part of the street is controlled by one cable. I come in with a twenty eight foot or twenty eight foot long box drug. Thank you professional movers that you guys help me supply.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 5: I think it took like ten seconds and they backed up into this electrical cord so it completely rips live wire.
Speaker 4: Is a fire host. Oh and I get the call.
Speaker 5: They don't speak the best English, so they request I call nine one one. I'm trying to explain to them what's going on, but they're giving it to me and broken English. I don't know really what's going on. So they're like, we'll send fire truck, we'll send cop cars. And next thing I know, I arrived to my new house and there's like twenty people out in the street. Hey, nice to eat you guys. I'm sure this is all my fault everything.
Speaker 4: How did that go where people pissed off? Were they all right, shout out?
Speaker 5: No free shout out? Am I doing that right?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Okay to my neighbor, Ramone, awesome guy. He was the one that got torn up the most, and he was super understanding. He was like, they have insurance, I'll be okay. Like the wall got ripped up. Apparently on the inside of his house exploded a mirror because yeah, when the cord came out, I guess like the first outlet there was a mirror in front of it, and it just like glass went everywhere.
Speaker 4: For those ten seconds. He was terrified.
Speaker 2: Terrified. Yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 4: But I was like, we'remoning to get a little more of a backbone though, and kind of stand up for himself. Yeah, well I did.
Speaker 5: He was mad with my movers, He was not mad at me. He realized that, like, it wasn't my fault, and I offer your street takers cookies like I was hooking it up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, right, dude, Ramone seems like he's doing a good job of channeling his anger and the right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure. Yeah, we're happy. Everybody's okay. We're happy to have you in Nashville. Finally, thank you, guys. Happy to be Sherman young.
Speaker 4: Boys, So he will be. He's he's part of the squad. He's part of the team.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 4: A story about Sherm. The way we found him was he would just randomly send us dms of videos over and over and over, and we would like, we hired like two two people or something like that, and then those processes were like, what about this guy? Right, this guy? Then we did a trial basis boy's been grinding his ass off for forever now and finally got the call up.
Speaker 5: Finally got the call up really excited.
Speaker 2: Taylor.
Speaker 5: Shout out Taylor. No free shout out for DM me.
Speaker 2: When you shout out the boys, there is you don't have to say no free shotuts. The boys get free shout outs, so you shout out the boy. It's just shout out Taylor.
Speaker 5: Shout out Taylor for hooking me up. He was the first m it really, it was kind of out of nowhere. You guys were hiring for uh Steven's position, uh, the executive producer role. That's how I found out about you guys. So I just love the brands. I'd make all these videos for you guys, and now we're here.
Speaker 4: The level of creativity and chaos you put in your videos is insane.
Speaker 2: It is. Yeah, it is. You do a really good job.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, thank you. You guys appreciate it. So that's the best part. That's the best part.
Speaker 2: I love it. We're just having a moment.
Speaker 4: This is a nice feel. I hope everybody on the other side feels it too. Yeah, everybody grown men complimenting each other and being like all right.
Speaker 2: All right. Yeah. Anyway, then people like, where's jelly roll at Dude? We have a loaded episode, jelly Roll. We talked about his ascension, all the things that he's been up to the success he's had since he dropped his album last year, kind of like his the sophomore slump that he's feeling at times fearing he's fearing, oh yeah, you're right, because he's got one hundred and thirty six songs right, and.
Speaker 4: He's got to now whattle it down to about twenty five twenty for this next album's supposed to come out, So his album is essentially done. He's just trying to figure out the best things right. And I think in sports, I guess now we know in music, I don't know if it's in acting, but any sort of entertainment it always feels like they're is something that qualifies as a sophomore slump, college, second year in the league type stuff.
Speaker 2: Especially when you're having the success that he's having. It's almost like, man, this next stuff I'm coming out with, like you almost can get in your own head as far as like feeling that expiation. So we break all that stuff down and it's a good old fashioned boys podcast. We cover a lot of ground in this episode.
Speaker 4: A really cool part about that is Jelly World made this common enough ten years overnight success because Jelly's been making music forever. He's been crushing, He's changed genres, he's been kind of doing anything and everything. You go through Nashville five years ago, you go through Jelly roll like this dude is.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: Now he's gone from this local kind of hero and now he's becoming global to and we became even comprehend where he's at. Literally, people made an article because he changes socks every single day. That's what we're getting at.
Speaker 2: With Jelly's like, we've got to be a little careful of some things. We say, However, did let it rip the entire time? Yeah, he's also Gary Brecca. He's on the health wave right now, we get into that. We talk about that the Jay roll because everybody cares about the boy.
Speaker 4: Everybody cares about the boy, and it was one of those things too. Before we got in this health kick, you and I would talk and be like, man, I'm you worry about him because he does he goes hard on the paint, he has a weird sleep schedule. He'd come on the bus with a whole gallon of water and some lemons and be like, I'm doing it boys. And then you know, you don't know what's coming from there. Yeah, now he gets it with Gary Breca, He's doing this thing. Dude could not be more fired up. I know. The boy gets up every single day, hits his son, it hits his cold top. Yeah, does his protocol wife k with two bears, Yeah, which is awesome. And he said he's gonna try to smoke it next year, which is which is awesome. It's gonna be interesting to see someday a skinny jelly roll. A little cowge part of me it doesn't want to see a skinny jelly roll.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 4: It's like when I think about that way, but you gotta stop somewhere. Yeah, because you're jelly roll.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: It's like Chris Farley, Like, what if Chris Farley got skinny? Would he be funny?
Speaker 2: Probably not?
Speaker 4: Probably not. What if Shane Weight would he be funny? Probably not? Like sh is obese, you know what I'm saying. But he does, he does. This is the textbook textbook.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 4: I know the winds blowing on my shirt and I don't want people to see it. Everyone's done that. You hit that right there, you kind of slouch up a little bit. That's the move.
Speaker 2: Get it out.
Speaker 4: You're like, I don't feeling like it's gonna grab my stomach a little bit. Yeah, especially when it starts tucking under the belly a little bit.
Speaker 7: It's the war.
Speaker 4: It's the war. We all have it.
Speaker 1: You.
Speaker 4: Uh you, I notice got a little tan on you.
Speaker 2: You see the boy give me.
Speaker 4: A lake flex real. I just want to see them things. I want your lower body like that is a first round draft pick. I know you had a first round lower body in back.
Speaker 2: I also I know you're into uh you ass you're in the tail lines.
Speaker 4: I do like tailins. Dog, let's talk about hang on, hang on.
Speaker 2: We're feeling good about the tan right now.
Speaker 4: God, I just saw you pull it down and it was like I could see plain skin, but I could all so see long hairs fighting for the life. And I thought I was gonna mention it. But I'm not gonna maketion what I'm about. Your tam looked good because you look fantastic, right, Yeah? Did that tanline do it for you? It?
Speaker 2: Did? You know? I almost I almost sent you a fully tucked or I tucked myself and just take like a mirror photo from the side and say, I know you love this ship.
Speaker 4: The fact that you didn't do that is that's something wrong with a relationship because I would have not Eve been my screen saver this morning.
Speaker 2: The shirt does look good too.
Speaker 4: We were talking before the podcast started about color shirts. I'm not a huge color shirt guy, but I love the color. Yeah, I'm loving the color.
Speaker 2: And by the way, Father's Day is coming up. We have golf merch. We have a shipload and an assortment of dad hats, girl, dad hats. Get your old man something. If your dad after watching shop for yourself. If you have to send it to your wife, send it to your daughter, send it to your son, send it to your wife to be you know, maybe your wife's pregnant, like, hey, let her know. We need to be wearing this.
Speaker 4: Baby's mooring, no question, because I mean, Gary, the last day to order this before Father's Day was yesterday.
Speaker 2: Correct, You take a shot.
Speaker 4: You might say that's okay because as being sons of fathers, if you're a son going to buy it for your father, it's a better late than never type of situation. You want to just make sure he knows something Father's Day comes around, call him, Hey, Dad, I love you. Also, you should get excited because there's a gift right around the corner coming for it. Now there's an anticipation. Now there's excitement. Now you're doing building blocks to make everything a whole lot better in the future.
Speaker 2: And men too. As long as you know something's on the way, you kind of doesn't matter. The day doesn't necessarily matter. It'll be Christmas. I'll bet Hey, I got something. It'll be.
Speaker 1: It'll be.
Speaker 2: And here in the mail next week.
Speaker 4: Dude, you just said, got me ready for my shadow? No for a shadowt?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, should we do it? Yeah, I'm down to do it. I love the start off, that's all right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely. I think it is brought to us by sport Clips. Yeah, the MVPs and men's hair. Your hair may grow fast, but after going to sport clips hair because you wish you grieven faster. That's because sport Clips has the best seats in hair. And that may or may not be because they happen to be right in front of TV's playing sports all day long every day. We know they're watching sports while getting a haircut. Sure beats watching your reflection getting hair cut, and potentially we all go through it. Listen to your barber project, his stuff that goes on at home to you, which is why at sport Clips every day is clippers and curveballs, high tops and hill Mary's. At sport Clips you can check in with the pros and men's hair and totally check out with pure uninterrupted relaxation. So come watch an endless room of sports on TV while getting and awesome haircut sport Clips. It is a game changer.
Speaker 4: They're just like these shoutouts coming up, sure, and you're gonna have to do one. You're gonna have to do one. Not bright, no shout out, no free shout out to finding somebody a gift and plenty of time before their birthday because I am I'm not great at it. Well, I know when Christmas comes around. Anytime a gift exchange is happening, I think about it and then my brain it kind of just gets packed somewhere else. Testosterone two days later.
Speaker 2: Testosterone has been good for planning, right, Okay, two days.
Speaker 4: Later or two days before the event, it's like, holy shit, I gott get a gift now. My boys' birthday is in September, September nineteenth. Out, you got me a gift already. I know a gift I'm getting you and I'm fired up about it. I saw it and I was like, that's I know, will Comfidon will love that. Hopefully it's the right size. We don't want to repeat of Christmas. Did you end up taking this back?
Speaker 2: No, I don't know what I did the thought that count of think. I just told Charles like, hey, you can rock these. She's like, I mean I don't love Nebraska like you. I'm like, you'll love Nebraska.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you gotta love. It's good for Rude to see Charlo and Nebraska shirt. So when she looks back, she's like, oh, my parents love Nebraska.
Speaker 2: I need to go to Nebraska. Yes, not Maryland.
Speaker 4: Not Maryland. Yeah that's where Charle went.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, but they did better than us last year, so that was kind of tough at home.
Speaker 4: So shout out finding a gift and plenty of time to get that gift for your boy.
Speaker 2: I love it all right, I'm fired up. I can't wait and see the gift. Uh yeah yeah yeah, let me uh come on, feel some space, feel some space. Make sure you're subscribed if you're watching.
Speaker 4: This hanging out having a good time. Also, the shirt that he's wearing. We already talked about it follows he's round the corner. Get that shirt, dude, get it. Get three of them and just send him out. You'll be the coolest guy. I'm the golf course.
Speaker 2: Have I I think I have? Have I shout it out room being close.
Speaker 4: To the elevator, Yes, I think that was last week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, two ago. I have a good one. Same size French fries that bring the entire moment together. When you're diving in on some French fries at the very beginning, you're excited, right. Usually you like the you like the not too thick, but a little I would say, like a Burger King fry. Let's say Burger King fries over McDonald's fries right out, a little McDonald's on the on the draft home from Rosemary. But when you're getting when you're diving into French fries at the very start, it's just kind of like a free fraw. You grab and go. You dip in the ketchup ketchup and and uh ketchup and mayonnaise for your boy. But when you start to get in the middle or toward the end, you're really trying to find those few fries because you like it. Nobody eats one French fry at a time unless you celebrate Pride month. Uh. But when you're getting toward the end, you're trying to grab a few fries, and it's important that when you get a really short one in a really long one, it kind of doesn't jibe. You kind of bite off half of the top one just so they're the right size so they dip in. So my shout out, no fore shout out is when you get those that handful of the same size French fries that you have a nice little dipping experience and it brings the entire moment together.
Speaker 4: God, that's great. Will can I tell you something?
Speaker 2: Yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 4: Let's just talk about two French fries that are different sizes. Let's say one is this long and one is this long. Now I'm gonna show you if you just take the smaller French fry and you put it up here, for sure, now you can dip and that experience is the same.
Speaker 2: I love your no question.
Speaker 4: There's a small victory in that. Like when you see a screensaver and is doing the little bouncing thing and it hits the corner.
Speaker 2: What a moment.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you find two French fries that are the same size, you don't have to do that little move, one less step to get in your mouth.
Speaker 2: But you don't have to like, yeah, you can switch the size and kind of put them together. But you don't have to use two hands. You don't have to sit there and look at it and be like all right, like let's get these on the same wavelength. You just grab and go, yeah, something about that. It's like the little things, bro, It's the little things you appreciate, And that's something that I appreciated in a French fry.
Speaker 8: Now, Burger King fries McDonald fries.
Speaker 2: Every day of the week, twice on Sunday.
Speaker 4: I have not been to bur King since I was a child.
Speaker 2: Show me some Windy's fries. You could be right, you could be right. Look at those, Look at those of Burking. Burger King is never the same McDonald's. McDonald's fries. McDonald's fries are overrated. I guess I didn't know that they're that that they are that beloved. But I don't think McDonald's. You don't go to McDonald's for the French fries.
Speaker 9: I would disagree.
Speaker 6: I've definitely gone to McDonald's and gotten French fries and a coke, and that's it.
Speaker 2: I think that's it. I think people are I think people are going off right now in the comments being like a fuck with comp like it's it's it's burning.
Speaker 9: Also celebrate pride burging.
Speaker 2: Price over McDonald's fries. Okay, burking fries, burger king fries or burking general.
Speaker 5: Burger king fries if you have enough burger king fries. I don't know if anyone else has experienced this. There's like a layer of grease on the roof of your mouth. That's the only place I've ever experienced that. Next time you go see.
Speaker 2: If I experienced it. And I do want to make one thing clear. I'm taking when I was referring and now I am pro burger king fries over McDonald's. I will be straight and stand on that hill. But also it was the type of fry like to me, McDonald's is too skinny, it's too scrawny, built a lot like Coop.
Speaker 4: Coop's got a sleeper build, and you know that he does have.
Speaker 2: A sleeper build. And every now and then you get a decent fry from McDonald's. When it's a little longer, you know what I mean. But overall, they're too scrawny. They're not They're not what you want to They're not what you want from a French fry.
Speaker 4: I don't really have a dog in this fight, because, like I said, I haven't been to Burger King in forever, so I can't compare.
Speaker 2: But are you a French fry guy?
Speaker 4: I like French fries, but the basic French fries I don't get. I don't get hot and bothered when I a basic skinny French fry. For me, it's the steak fry, it's the waffle fry, it's the curly fries. Those are the the exotic fries are for me what makes me go, Okay, I'm gonna dive into this situation. I even ketchup and fries in general. I'm just kind of like, ah, now you add ranch, you switch out the ketchup and the ranch. Now all of a sudden, I'm in those fries until that ranch is essentially gone. But when you start stepping up the levels or fries, that's when I have now entered the.
Speaker 2: Chat right right now about curly waffle. I think we can all agree those I think waffles out there.
Speaker 4: Without putting a lot of thought into it, Waffles number.
Speaker 2: One, Curly's competes, but curs up there.
Speaker 4: But I like waffle because there's so there's so much base make it easy to be able to fucking scoop whatever sauce you want, because you guys know me, big sauce guy. I love my sauces, yeah, but I love it.
Speaker 10: When it's the the waffle though, When you got the fucking waffle and then you're able to do that and then shove the whole thing in your mouth and worry about choking for a minute, but then all of a sudden, you chew enough throats were like, all, I'm safe right now.
Speaker 4: That's the thrilling I'm with.
Speaker 2: You take a good wall fry from Chick fil A and you're just fighting the corners of the sauce trying to scoop it up on the fry.
Speaker 4: But that's when you think yourself, I wish I had a skinny fry, because that's when you get those hard I never think I wish I had a shoestring fry. Steak and chake does. They think it's sneaky, But that's like you have to grab a pile of them and then just fucking shove the bullet.
Speaker 2: And that is where they need to be the same size.
Speaker 4: No, the staking chake fries my hand, Like, that's what you're grabbing when you're going that's exactly that.
Speaker 2: And when you're grabbing all them skinny fries, that's how you're like grabbing him and hoping they're all the same size. Are not? You start to push a few down and make sure there's the same size, and then then they're like scrawny and short to where then your finger kind of touches the ketch up and you're just like like get a better fry.
Speaker 4: You do in that situation, you take the whole thing and then for sure take that with you. Yeah, no survivors.
Speaker 2: Yeah, anyway, that's my shot out, no free shot off. Wow, Uh Mitch, you wait to hear the excitement voice here all yet before you go.
Speaker 8: Yeah, my my shadow of free shadow this week goes to, uh, just going home. I went home because we had we had the week off. I was able to go back.
Speaker 2: Up to Pa just kind of see the boys.
Speaker 8: See the like all two of them back there. We'll just hang out with the family. Golf a little bit, my family dog. Just really have no responsibilities and just kind of go out to dinner and have my meal paid for. Just kind of just kind of veg out a little bit and just hang out a little bit. And it's always nice seeing the family. Always nice seeing Like just drive in the back roads you have because you know those roads like.
Speaker 1: The back of your hand.
Speaker 8: You can maybe go a little bit fast around the corner because you know what's coming. Yeah, just shout out, shout out, going back.
Speaker 2: And take it and letting mom take care of you for a little bit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, kid, sleeping as long as you want. Don't do your own laundry.
Speaker 1: Yeah exactly.
Speaker 8: But like I mean, I only got like a twin bad back home and I got a king here, so kind of sucks the sleeping part, but everything else, like just just being home, shout out being home.
Speaker 2: That's nice. That's good.
Speaker 4: Still lacked enthusiasm and the voice, all right, man, don't don't flex on that.
Speaker 11: Also, on the note of the French fries, McDonald's has a patent on the kind of potato they use, so they literally the only person on planet Earth that can make this specific fringe fries.
Speaker 2: I think they're safe that nobody will come after that.
Speaker 7: Patent burging fries or soggy.
Speaker 2: No one's gonna come after the McDonald's French fry and say that's all we need to do.
Speaker 11: Just wait till we look at the comments and see how wrong you are in this argument.
Speaker 7: We'll see we will burg are soggy, and structurally the integrity of them falls apart immediately.
Speaker 2: You don't even know what you're saying.
Speaker 7: You already see you see that little that curve in it. It's already fallen sideways.
Speaker 2: It's a little soft.
Speaker 7: Their olymptic fries, they are okay.
Speaker 11: But anyways, my shout out enough shout out goes to Korean barbecue. I just had my first, like real experience in Korean barbecue this.
Speaker 7: Week, and it was phenomenal. It's so much fun.
Speaker 11: You get like the big cooking experience and you don't have to do any of the work if you I don't know if that's how it goes. Have you been to a Korean barbecue spot where you actually are the one placing on the grill or do.
Speaker 7: They cook it for you?
Speaker 11: Yeah, like the one I went to, they were putting it on the grill. In front of us and like getting it what was it called? This is out in California. I have no idea, but it was awesome and just seeing all the seeing all the meat. We had like ten people, so we just had like ten trays of just raw meat and they put it out there and you're like, damn, what cut is that was this?
Speaker 7: They just start throwing it on and next thing you know, you're just eating for hours.
Speaker 11: And so shout outs Korean barbecue the great experience and definitely need to check out some places in Nashville if they have them.
Speaker 7: So shout out Krean barbecue.
Speaker 4: Dude. There was a place we'd go to as a kid all the time.
Speaker 2: Time.
Speaker 4: It was that exact setup and it was big, like in the West area, West part of the country where it was like it was all like you said, raw meats everywhere, vegetables, your noodles, you pick up, you pick your sauces, everything. They have this giant ass plate. They toss it on there and cook it for you.
Speaker 2: What experience.
Speaker 4: Mongolian barbecue is what it was called.
Speaker 2: Yah do you have I've had?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's fire right real Nebraska and it is gas. You put everything in the bowl and give it to yes, yes, and you get a little crazy with the sauce too, like you just try a random shit.
Speaker 5: Yeah, did you say Genghis?
Speaker 2: No, I haven't been there, Mongolian grill?
Speaker 5: Oh oh got you got you? Mine's in the same van uh kind of barbecue, but it's barbecue in the summer and having those smells.
Speaker 2: Like your neighbor's barbecue.
Speaker 5: Been taking the dogs out on walks. You see the smoke from far away and you're like, oh, man, I hope that smells good. As you're getting closer, you're like, yeah, they're killing it. I want to jump the fence. I want to get back. Let me go, say what's up? Oh, yeah, for sure, I love haven't yet, but i'll I'll sack up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, baby steps, baby steps. I don't want to come in too hot, no doubt you don't.
Speaker 2: You don't want to.
Speaker 4: You don't want to ruin their power. And they hey, can you make me some dinner?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Oh, by the way, make me some food you'vemo me for your you know, electricity going out, YadA YadA. I did get electrician through that, by the way, I forgot.
Speaker 4: To add that in the nice big win silver Linings Playbook. Dude, I love it. Gee, did you do one yet? Let's go baby.
Speaker 6: My shout out, no free shout out is going to go to two things tied together into one for Taylor hooked me up with Joe at.
Speaker 5: The Red Rock.
Speaker 6: They are the absolute best.
Speaker 9: And the real shout out.
Speaker 6: Is going to the Sphere in Las Vegas.
Speaker 2: Go.
Speaker 9: That's all I really have to say.
Speaker 6: It is fucking insane, Like they got to figure out how to put one of those in every city. It's like next to like a outdoor, like the biggest show at a festival. It is like the best experience you could like ever experience.
Speaker 4: You hear that city's put a three billion dollars sphere in all of your cities. Yeah, yeah, we need it now.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, whatever we gotta do.
Speaker 4: Some of the videos you were sending me were insane. Yeah, just everywhere you look. Imagine being on mushrooms or acid or any Lucien tell you insane.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir good Man, good Man, is everyone go?
Speaker 6: If you go, DM ME, I'll probably go with you again because it was that bad. Good Yeah, And I would recommend at least two nights because you don't want it to end.
Speaker 4: Red Rock is the best to you never want to leave ever.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I was talking about that fear.
Speaker 4: It is awesome. Good shout out and a free shouts across the board. Will you hooked up everybody out with the fries a little bit? But so what we need? Yeah, I think I think people jab with that shadow. Yeah, I gotta go some bird king fries. I need to figure out what's really going on. Something you need to go?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Sure? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Is it that good other than number one fry?
Speaker 2: No, it's just when when people talk about no when when you don't let them get you.
Speaker 4: I see you over a laird looking at them. That's white noise. That's peanut gallery. You're talking to me right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Chick fil A is the best fry in my opinion.
Speaker 4: Have their waffle fries right, Arby says, great fries because curly, what about the crispy ones? The basic When you think of a basic fry in your head, that fry you're putting bird king one. What's Wendy's. Wendy's does hit really hard bacon eateter with cheese.
Speaker 2: Come on, I.
Speaker 4: Can't say I went to Wendy's a whole lot. Yeah, those look like great fries. Yeah, they have a little thickness to him too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, those look like great fries Checkers, checkers or rallies. Those fries, I.
Speaker 4: Don't think i've ever heard.
Speaker 2: I'm out there look at those bro Oh yeah, those things do look nuts, dude, They're so fucking good, holy shit.
Speaker 4: Garbage.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're kind of like basically yeah, like a like an unflavored McDonald's fry.
Speaker 4: It's the freshest fry. It's the freshest fries, but still not that great.
Speaker 2: It's the freshest fry.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a fresher fry still goes in oil, no question. Shout out Will Pales. By the way, he is married to the girl whose father has the right to make McDonald's potatoes in Montana. Oh yeah yeah, play with him for a year.
Speaker 2: Nice. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Anyway, onward, well, should we hit?
Speaker 2: Should we?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 2: Surviving Barstool? The boys are committed to surviving Barstool. It seems like a I mean, this is a superstar list.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be awesome.
Speaker 2: I heard Dave talking on the unnamed show too, like they're trying to pitch it to Netflix. Oh for real, Yeah, Like there He's like, there's there's no He's like, this might sound crazy, but we should have this thing on like on Netflix, something a massive platform like in Netflix.
Speaker 4: That would be awesome. That would be all taught.
Speaker 2: Sounds like there's gonna be twenty four to twenty four contestants, which I want to say the one that I did was sixteen. Maybe it's a much bigger sixteen fourteen sixteen something like that.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be awesome watching your show for a little bit. It was just seeing the game within the game, the strategy. Everyone's going. I can't wait to take part. I think I'm truly gonna watch the actual survivor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's kind of hard to there's I mean, there's a lot of squads, a lot of duos busting's in there. You got chick Lits, you got Wallow and Gilli, you got who else? Yeah, Pat Bevan Rone, I saw Arian Foster, he's now committed to it.
Speaker 4: A lot of duos going in. Yeah, it's just about you gotta find numbers early, Dan Rico, Jerry Dave's.
Speaker 2: Doing it again.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know PF.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I've seen p F T. I know Big Cat is that is this? I don't think I've seen fights. I don't know the entire list right now, but it's gonna be fun.
Speaker 4: That would be elite. If like a Netflix grabbed it, that would be elite.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be so massive. Like I know a lot of people bought the uh, the one that they had to take down off YouTube and put behind the paywall. I don't know if this one's gonna be behind a paywall. I would assume not.
Speaker 4: Yeah, even if it's not on like a major like a network like Netflix, if it's just on YouTube, it's gonna be awesome.
Speaker 2: Right, if it can pass all the all the stuff like the flags and shit like that, it's kind of right. I think Kirk is he is. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think Kirk is because I've said I want to experience. Yeah, I want to experience one of those blows I want to see. I don't want I don't want anything from his army or whatever he calls his mini fans. I want to see it. I kind of want to be a part of it, like, but like just catch a couple of strays. I'm not trying to be like the main vocal point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think Kirk's a shot. I think everybody's got a shot.
Speaker 4: Everyone's got a shot doing hey, when the game's played.
Speaker 2: When the game starts, you just don't. You have no clue because they're gonna break it up into teams. It's like everybody can play these games beforehand, but nothing will matter until teams are decided, and then you kind of know, like you're trying to figure out who's who in the zoo, who's going to be allied, who's not. Like, dude, it's so fun. I can't wait.
Speaker 4: It'll be a good time. Man, that is gonna be awesome. Speaking of things in the future, doing my best to learn from my mistakes. June first, dude, Sorry, July first through July fourteenth, I will not be at the shop. I'll be in Canada with my family. Okay, I will be in Canada with my family July first to July fourteenth, So I will not be doing intros. Hopefully we get a couple of interviews done. We'll be solid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll be in a good we'll be in.
Speaker 4: A good place.
Speaker 2: Announcement.
Speaker 4: Taylor's leaving again, but I'm telling you about it this time, so it's all good. It's all good this time, right, guys, it's all right.
Speaker 2: Should we uh some current TV? I saw your tweet. You're big in the suits right now? Yeah, you're in like, what four seasons in a couple of weeks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm on season four, episode one right now. And you guys saw my thing. It's a Harvey's one. Danis too, Donna's two, and then uh yeah Dana, and then who's my third, oh Lewis.
Speaker 2: And then I saw honorable mention Trevor.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because I kind of like Trevor, that lawyer that's a fuck boy who just like randomly comes in and tries to ruin Harvey's life because he's just a killer. But I do I couldn't put him in there because he's not more like, he's not like a mainstay on the show. But I do enjoy when he's around. It's like, oh, she's gonna get stirred up.
Speaker 2: You're not a fan of Mike right now.
Speaker 4: It's something I don't like Mike. I just think Mike is like him and his empathy and all that. But you're in a dog eat dog shark world, like you got to have a little bit more of that, Like you can still have the empathy, but pick and choose the right time to have the empathy. If you're gonna be a lawyer and you're working for this law firm, you gotta work for your clients, and that's it what he's doing now. You gotta work for those people and then try to do as good as possible around those edges. But don't jump out of the way. Like he got a beautiful brain that can remember absolutely everything, you should be a billionaire.
Speaker 2: And he's also got a great heart.
Speaker 4: He's got a great heart, no doubt. He's had a lot of trauma in his life. Eleven years old, loses both his parents, do a drunk driver. So it's a bit of a deal.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 4: What I don't like is Mike and Rachel's relationship. It is so fucking annoying to me. It's like it feels like a soap. I don't every time they pop up the armline, Rachel's always get interest you. Yeah, But I like the love interest when Harvey and Scottie or Harvey and somebody else and there's all like Lewis and his cat. I enjoy that. That's a love interest. Louis and the girlf that was headhunting for Harvard.
Speaker 2: I liked.
Speaker 4: That was funny to me. But when Rachel and Mike, Mike does one thing, Rachel gets mad about everything. Rachel does something, and then Mike gets really mad and they make up. It's just like it's a hamster wheel. It's a hamster wheel on that and that. To me, I'm just like, I get it's a little I'm a little over it. But Donna is number one, number one girl on that show. She's a fucking rock star.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she is.
Speaker 4: Harvey started to lose himself a little bit. Season three start to cross those lines a little bit. You're thinking, oh, man, is it finally over him? Finds himself back, does the right thing. Eventually. It's like one of those things.
Speaker 2: Man, You're just like then.
Speaker 4: You were telling me when when I started watching show, Hey, it gets a little bit redundant, and I can feel that coming a little bit. But they do a great job of kind of having the same thing happening with different storylines, for sure. Yeah, they do a good job of that. So I enjoyed the show quite a bit. Yeah, it's one of the best.
Speaker 2: It's awesome.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I want to buy a suit live in New York in an apartment.
Speaker 2: I'm watching a Jurassic World chaos theory?
Speaker 4: Is it the cartoon?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I put that on for a willow two days ago. Yeah, and the first I mean it is part of the kids genre. Yeah, but it's definitely not for three year olds.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, there's some shows on.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I put up a five minutes I know, is this for big kids? And she's like, no, no, we can watch this.
Speaker 2: It's like all right.
Speaker 4: I started watching along. I was like, we're going to turn this off.
Speaker 2: Then the philosopraptor kills the father.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, well I just the only thing I saw was like the two people with like the Trisarah tops and then the black guy comes and he like calms it down like Chris Pratt does in the actual Jurassic Parks.
Speaker 2: Oh, you're talking about very first episode.
Speaker 4: The very first episode. That's where I'm at. And then all of a sudden, a lost wrapper comes out of nowhere. I'm like, okay, we're done. That's it. That was the first scene. It was the first scene of the show. I was out of there and get didn't get off get out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm into it. I love all things dinosaurs. Man, I'm a big Jurassic Park Jurassic World. Just fiend, Bro, and I saw that pop up on the timeline. I was like, I have to watch this try every day. Is like so because we're also watching the Bear, like the Bear together on Hulu. Bear It's phenomenal. It's a cat from a Yeah, from Iron Claw.
Speaker 4: One of the brothers, Lip Gallagher from Shameless, Yeah is his government name, Jeremy han White.
Speaker 2: The trailer for the new Bear for Bear season three is coming out or just came out. That's awesome. Also fired up for the boys. I think that kicks back off this this month, right, Yeah, the boys. I'm ready for that. But to kill time right now, it's Jurassic World chaos theory.
Speaker 9: Have you watched Tires?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Bro, I didn't know if y'all talked about it yet or not, but we have not.
Speaker 2: We should definitely be shouting at the boy Shane and that whole squad the whole The other day.
Speaker 4: I was like, Bro, I love seeing you in tires, like you look so fucking jacked.
Speaker 9: When they pop in. He GE's just chaos.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's just wild. Yeah, him and Schultz just ripping in there, dude.
Speaker 2: It is awesome.
Speaker 9: It's really watched it in one sitting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's perfect, and it's all him do a great job. They what's his name, chubby dude? Oh stavdy Stavvy so fucking.
Speaker 2: Holl he is.
Speaker 4: And he's always eating something in the sho always.
Speaker 6: You see his post yeah about like how he was brad hit from Ocean.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, he's always eating dude.
Speaker 4: That is a great show. Yeah, I mean, you knew it was gonna be good when the day beforety Been came out. Netli was like, hey, we're doing a season two by the way, Yeah, got to have to.
Speaker 2: Francis crushes it. Francis the second episode that overdue, the show is great. Overall kettle Bells aren't gonna live themselves. Then we took ourselves to ice. Yeah, saunas work out grounding.
Speaker 9: Yeah, all before seven a.
Speaker 4: All before seven am.
Speaker 2: It is it's all time.
Speaker 6: You can tell they're like trying not to laugh when he's on. It feels like Francis is holding back like a huge.
Speaker 2: I bet they had so much fun making that. Oh yeah, yeah, he knows where'll find us? Yeah, camp bag, you know what I mean. Do I think there's a role for me somewhere in there? Absolutely?
Speaker 4: No question, no question. I mean, nice quick little cameo as person that's trying to buy something. Yeah, we do that.
Speaker 2: I might just send I might just send Chaine a video on just my Pitch for like, hey, here's the character, here's the scene. We think. But it's sick too because I like flying. I'll see people watching it on their iPad. Like, I just feel like everybody is, everybody is getting on board with tires.
Speaker 4: Did three point eight million views in the first week. Yeah, I kind of sucked that there's only what six episodes. Yeah, that's how Shoresy is too, so frustrating.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Season three for Suresy is out on Crave in Canada right now, comes out June twenty first.
Speaker 9: Is that why you're going to Canada?
Speaker 4: Well, yes, that's the only reason why I'm going to Canada. Do you want anything with me? Go ahead, all right, let's talk about DraftKings for a second. Everybody, we were this close to crowding an NBA champ and with action heating up on the court, it's even better at DraftKings Sportsbook, an official partner official sports betting partner of the NBA. There's only so many games left and Draftking Sportsbook has you covered with same game, same game parlays, live betting, odds, boosts, and so much more. Don't miss out or you'll have to wait until the next NBA season to place your bets. It's super easy for first time for first timers to get started. Try betting on something simple like picking a team to win. Go to DraftKings Sportsbook app, select your squad, and place your first bet. It's that simple. If you're new to DraftKings, you need to listen up right now. New customers can get a no sweat bet up to fifteen hundred dollars. Just to pause at least five dollars and you'll get a bonus bet back equal to your first bet if it doesn't hit. Download the DraftKings sports Book app now and use code bus that's code bus b us for new customers to get a no sweat bet up to fifteen hundred dollars if your first bet doesn't hit. Only on DraftKings, the crown is yours. We should we just get in this episode?
Speaker 2: You wanna answ some fan questions? Oh yeah, it took some screenshots. Number one, I have a first one from a stooly memes not a question, But trash Day is a couple of days away and coming off vacation and getting out of your routine can be killer. Set an extra reminder this week, so anybody who's on vacation, anybody else spin out of the loop on trash Day. Just make sure to set your reminders. If you want to cheat and go out the night before, go ahead and do that. But I like to I like to put all the pressure on me come game day.
Speaker 4: Performed day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like that, performed day of fuck that His question from stuy memes. Are you a plan every detailed vacation guy or figure it out when you get there kind of guy?
Speaker 4: Well, I think we can definitely guess what I figure it out when you figure out when I get there. There's probably one or two things I really want to do X, Y and Z, but that's that's it.
Speaker 2: I think some planning is good because I think I'm more of a figure it out when you get there. Then when you get there and you're trying to figure it out, you're kind of just thinking, like, hey, next time we do this, we should have a little bit more of a plan.
Speaker 4: It's always good to have an idea. Hit the Google rip around a little bit. What is there to do around there? Maybe talk to some friends, put out a tweet. Other than that, like to have an itinerary. That is not what I'm interested in when it comes to vicat it some like loose structure of like today is going to be a beach day. Today, we're going to do an excursion, you know tomorrow this day, that day.
Speaker 2: We're gonna go out dinner spots. You gotta get some reservations.
Speaker 4: You gotta rip those things out. That's what I'm the worst about. Yeah, it'll be like four o'clock, but you.
Speaker 2: Want to get dinner.
Speaker 4: It's like, oh, we're all full until nine thirty. It's like, well, yeah the hot dog stand. It is for the family. Yeah, that's what we're doing. That is a tough deal. But yeah, I think there should be like a main theme each day of what you're gonna do. But other than that that time in between, like we don't need an eight thirty to nine thirty is this then ninety five that?
Speaker 2: I hate that. Yeah, I want to go on vacation with people like that unless you have kids. You have kids, I think you got a plane around, you got nap times, you got bedtimes and shit like that. So you gotta you gotta have somewhat of a little bit of structure, like, hey, we will probably be down for this long. If you want to get dinner in this place doesn't have reservations, we're gonna want to go there early. Kind of head it in between five and five thirty.
Speaker 4: It's amazing how much your life opens up once your kid gets out of the nap face. Then you just got we gotta go to bed at a certain time, and when they wake up, they kind of just wake you up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna be upset when nap time's over. I think you're a big nap guy. Well not that, but you just get a break too.
Speaker 4: No, it's because when they get older, they're now like functioning and moving. You have a second one coming that one gets a little bit older. You need a break at any point in the day. Hey, you guys will play for ten minutes. They're just go and rip my kids. Finding a little time to myself. Hey, guys, go upstairs and go rip around for a little bit. Got a little camera up there. They're playing your old man's gotta binge suits. Yeah, yeah, I gotta. I got to watch shuits. It has been tough man during the day. When they're like that, let's play it, I'm like, dude, I really don't want to us, but I do most of the time. Sometimes I do sneak away a little bit. Yeah, because I am addicted. That's my add I gotta like when I get focused on something, it doesn't stop until it's over.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, for sure. Talking about views and stuff as well, you get Yeah, you get tunnel vision on like absolutely trying to figure stuff outracy. It's like, Okay, my man is so far down a rabbit hole. It's fun?
Speaker 4: Is it not a little fun? A little stressful on my part. It doesn't need to be stressful.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: You know me long enough.
Speaker 2: It's a great every day. So yeah, you can. You can. There's time to be both. You can uh not have a plan at all. You can have a lot of planning, or you can have a little bit of planning.
Speaker 4: Is there anybody who's a lot of planning? Guy on vacation on this bus.
Speaker 2: I would say, I'm more, uh, there needs to be some kind of plan than more of like, let's not have a plan right right. I want to know. I want to know what we're doing on certain days, I don't want to go to where we're gonna hate what's everybody feeling? I hate when it's like what are we all feeling? Because everybody has a different vibe.
Speaker 4: Especially with large groups. Yeah, you get in large groups, like what does everybody want? And then you can tell like two or three people don't want what the majority wants, and it's like you feel kind of bad for them. Really, it's better to make a decision.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like our families came and so each day we're like, hey, we're gonna be doing this on these days. You can join us. You cannot join us, but don't be surprised when we're not around type of thing, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: It's a power move.
Speaker 2: Well, it's kind of like you want to set the expectation, no doubt, because you don't want to. You don't want to sit up in the morning, like, hey, if we're gonna walk down to the coffee shop, Like hey, dad, we probably we're probably gonna walk down there around eight am, So you need to be up and ready. You're not. And then you come down and I, Hey, where'd you guys go? We're at the coffee shop. You know where we're at, and if it doesn't happen, it'll all build I'll build up a frustration in my head because number One, I didn't set the expectation. And then when he's not up, I'm like, why isn't Grandpa like wanting to walk down and do something a little bit different? He can sleep anytime you want to be up and.
Speaker 4: Going, then you'll you'll you'll have.
Speaker 2: That in your head. I think I'm a great time. I'm just saying. I'm just saying, like, I think you just gotta you just gotta set expectation.
Speaker 4: I always JP was here right now, just the grumpiness kind of coming out, and you know.
Speaker 2: I think it's more of just like there's there's principles that I stand on with it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I get it.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. No, I know what you're saying. You know what I'm fucking talking about. You gotta lay down the fucking ground and clear brother.
Speaker 4: Let's hit the next question.
Speaker 2: All right, Uh, this one is for the boys in the back. What is your what's the best and worst part about working with Taylor? And will nice? Question?
Speaker 4: Go ahead?
Speaker 2: Yeah, shrimp popping into a couple of oh, sorry, sorry, sorry, this one comes from uh pat Reezi at pat any bz.
Speaker 5: Okay, so, best part on my first day unofficial first day because official first days next week. Best part. I got a ton of free stuff, which was awesome. I showered with down Dish soap this morning. Okay, we haven't fully unpacked yet your skin, so since they're part of the brand, I just say, shout out do Cannon.
Speaker 2: Shout out no free, shot out do Cannon.
Speaker 5: Okay, shout out no, but we're still working it. Shout out no free shout out do Cannon. Now I have soap for my shower. That's best part so far.
Speaker 2: Worst part nice.
Speaker 1: Worst part.
Speaker 5: I'm easily the shortest guy in the office. I mean it's huge around here. I knew Taylor would be tall, but like everybody saw, I mean, y'all all have several inches off.
Speaker 4: You being five to seven really threw me for a loop.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well five seven on a good day, Like if I'm wearing the air Maxes five seven.
Speaker 2: We'll get a stool. We'll get a stool.
Speaker 5: I need more.
Speaker 4: So really we were You wanted a coffee and I had essentially pressed the button on top for you because you know.
Speaker 5: What we were pressing, I closed the key egg and I'm sitting there.
Speaker 4: I'm like, hey, did I do it wrong?
Speaker 2: I'm wait for me to his tiptoes.
Speaker 5: I go, hey, status report, what's up there, Taylor?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 5: He goes a button that you have to press.
Speaker 2: You we got your we got your dial then, Mitch. Best and worst part.
Speaker 8: Best part that you guys are like easily the best bosses I've ever had in the sense of like there's no Yes, there's pressure, but it's not like you have to be like buttoned up around you, Like you can kind of be relaxed. You can just kind of chill and like you guys are just one of the boys. Worst part is, uh, sometimes your communication skills are not the best. Sometimes you're hard to get in touch with or if we need something to like we need your input on We know you guys are on your phones because you're tweeting, and we'll text you and you guys have tweeted, but you haven't responded to our text. So it's like, we know you're on your phone, we know you probably saw the text. Be like I just want I just I'm just not gonna respond.
Speaker 2: This is a This is a vrabelism of a like a speak for yourself because I know when Mitch and I communicate, he probably has a crippling anxiety when he has to write stuff. So when he needs my input, it's because there's all of his confidence for executing his role isn't there, and he needs me to chime in and let him know what he needs to do.
Speaker 8: Yes, but I'm also.
Speaker 2: Talking who were talking about?
Speaker 8: Am I the only one who's gonna answer it?
Speaker 2: No, everybody's gonna answer.
Speaker 4: Everyone's gonna answer, everyone's gonna answer it.
Speaker 8: But no, it's just like when it comes to like group things. I know, I know you know that I and then it like in my head so much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when we say we all, it's like, Okay, I can't wait to just go with Mitch talk about our one on ones.
Speaker 8: With when I have to reach out to you, you know, I'm in my head already. But like when it comes to like a group consensus, like if it's something that we want to do with the pod or something like an intro or something, that's when it's like, Okay, we need your we need your input here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we read our assessments. So it's definitely a theme our communication skills.
Speaker 4: Communication is key. Communication and being here. Yeah, best thing.
Speaker 11: I can publicly rip you guys on the internet, and it only like helps my job sometimes, which is fun because then a normal.
Speaker 7: Job like I'm fired, So to me, I think that's fun.
Speaker 11: And you guys are good sports about it, like y'all are you are great about taking shots and then you know, having thick skin and being able to turn it around and being like.
Speaker 7: Well, you know you're also a fucking idiot.
Speaker 4: That's fun for me.
Speaker 7: Worst part.
Speaker 11: I don't I don't have like a specific thing. Yeah, you guys are the best. If I think of something, I really I will say it. I'm not just like trying to dog.
Speaker 4: You know, there's three things in his head.
Speaker 2: He's like, it's good to know he doesn't go into when I don't know who all mitches speaking for, but it's good to know Jack isn't part of that group.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, you guys are the best.
Speaker 9: I'll agree.
Speaker 5: The good parts are.
Speaker 6: I mean, you're coming to work with your friends every day, like learning through this process altogether. The worst parts, you know, there really are no worst parts. This is the best job asked for.
Speaker 2: I have no idea.
Speaker 9: What Mitch's talking about.
Speaker 6: Wake up every day and I'm like, let's get this breast well executed.
Speaker 2: Well executed.
Speaker 4: That's awesome.
Speaker 6: What about in return, what's the best and worst part about working with the back of the bus?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: Best part obviously we've been a crew that's been together for what four years?
Speaker 4: Are we going on five? Four?
Speaker 6: Yeah, we're on the other side of four and for the most.
Speaker 2: Part we've all been together. The worst parts is we've all been together so long, so we know it's like a brother it's like a brotherly vibe. At times, I would say, speaking for myself, it's.
Speaker 4: Will is so ready to answer this question. I was myself and he was like, oh, funk, Will is prepared. No, no, just like his vacations, He's fucking ready, I would say. I would say the hardest part is like.
Speaker 2: Being being the guy. You have to learn how to like manage each individual person because everybody's different, and that that's been the hardest learning curve because it's not like you can treat everything like you're in a film room and just watch film and kind of like, you know, be little or just be mean the guys or kind of just say what is black and white about it and how it either needs to get fixed or you end up getting cut or moving on whatever it is. You kind of have to like find the relationship foundation and understand what people are motivated by. So that's been the hardest part. That's probably that's probably the toughest part because you have Mitch. You said something like that, and it's like, fucking all right, does everybody feel this way? Oh it doesn't sound like it, Mitchell. I'm just kidding.
Speaker 4: I'm fucking with you, Mitch, Mitchell, be fair to you. The thing you brought up about texting and tweet tweeting, I think I've had that conversation with Will a few times, being like, hey, I see you tweeting, Please just text me back.
Speaker 2: That's payback, okay for the first half of our relationship together, like you just you just go off the radar.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, never.
Speaker 2: So absolutely big time payback. Okay, Well, let's get back to Neutrals payback. There's still a lot I have in the dank.
Speaker 4: Best part, yeah, to go off of. Will said, best part is definitely all the boys knowing each other really well and being around each other and kind of knowing how everybody clicks what pisses them off, what doesn't using how whichever one you want at that time. That is the best part, and then the worst part is probably the same thing like Wilson, But speaking for myself, my least favorite part of working with you guys is Monday's walking in the shop and there's no energy when I walk in to dapt the boys up and it's just like everyone's looking at their computer to dap it down. And I know you guys are working, but I'm trying to start Monday off. I'm not Garfield. I'm trying to have a hell of a Monday every Monday. Which I saw that movie by the way, have you seen that. It's horrible, The New The New girlfer Mond that just came out. It's garbage. It's bad. I love Chris Pratt too, but the movie is insane. So yeah, that's probably that's That's probably my one, just off the top of my dome is the lack of juice sometimes when I walk in.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm, speak your truth, man, That.
Speaker 4: Is my truth.
Speaker 2: Fan question right here at like Mike Now three hours at Mike Dubbs Radio. Well, we didn't, we didn't hit a little Dad segment so this could be a good one. What's your biggest tip for a new girl? Dad?
Speaker 4: How new is the baby? Is a baby brand new, we just get out of the womb, say saying you're a new girl dad, Like, what's your biggest tip for new fathers?
Speaker 1: Dude?
Speaker 4: The skin to skin It seems kind of ridiculous when you're when your wife is who is obviously brought up to you you did not think of this, But the whole taking your shirt off, laying down and putting the baby with just a diaper on on top of you, that connection, it is going to play a big role down the line as far as her feeling comfortable daddy, being a daddy's girl, or being more focused on mom. I think the skin to skin is a is a massive move and it doesn't take a whole lot of work.
Speaker 2: Oh I like that, Yeah, I like that.
Speaker 4: A small little tip.
Speaker 2: Mine would be I would say, because the first how many months would you say, are you kind of just in the in the trenches about it? Probably until they get in a good sleep routine.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so what first few months?
Speaker 2: They probably don't I mean roofs probably four months. I know. There's like the philosophies are anywhere from that three four five, I think anyway. Uh, but once you it's like being in that suck, being in those trenches. It's brutal. Like, let's just call a spade a spade. Shit is hard raising a kid and you have all of your stuff going on at home with your spouse who's going through what's it called postpartum, They're going through their journey after having the child. That you have your things going on at home, you have things going on at work, you have things going on with your boys, you have things going on with colleagues, whatever it is. And at the same time, you're you're getting minimal sleep, You're having to do all the necessary feedings and all the things going on. But if you could pull yourself out of it, because it is fucking hard. There's times I was holding heru and I wanted to swing on her and just be like, just get out of your will and just leak this family right now. But one day, when we are all empty nesters, we're gonna be old. The world's not gonna give a shit about us. We're not gonna be cool anymore. We're not gonna be any of that shit. We're going to want and miss those times when you're raising them, when they're at their smallest and seeing them kind of grow up. So during all the chaos, during all the mundane bullshit, which is really shitty at times, you can just remind yourself that, hey, you're going to you're gonna miss this, You're gonna wish you had this again. By the time they grow up, they don't need you anymore. They don't want you.
Speaker 4: That's usually what I battle with on a consistent basis. Right now, Yeah, the first I remember two springs or summers ago, seeing you when Rue was like firstborn, in those first couple of months, just a shell man, is it true? Nombre specifically sitting out in the parking area and just looking at you, bags under the eyes, just exhausted and coming in and then having to manufacture some sort of energy for another episode. Right, just brutal, totally rual. And then for those of you who are going through the whole sleep schedule. Everything human beings are love routine. So if you have a baby, and if you feed the baby, burn the baby, change the baby, or any combination, how you do it, do it the same exact way every single time, Because a lot of times babies. If you do it in a different combination and you miss one of those things, you put the baby down, the baby will be fussing and you think, oh, they need to be burnt moore, they need to be fed more, when really they're just looking for routine. Then that'll help a lot, because there is going to be it is hell, but there's gonna be a glimmer of hope. When you go and you're dreading to go put them down for the fourth nap of the day and they go down a little bit easier, You're like, oh, I'm getting better at this. I'm doing what I need to do right now. It kind of just then one nap goes away, then another nap goes away, and then find then you're at one nap, and that is that's when you're like, all right, naps a little bit longer, you get your time like you like, or when.
Speaker 2: You change their shitty diaper just to hold them and then they just shit themselves again and so you gotta change it again in like a matter of minutes.
Speaker 4: And when you're when you're potty training, you make them go to the bathroom like two times during bedtime. But then when you when you think it's over and you think they're nodding off, and they hit you with daddy, I have to go poop, get your ass up and get the toilet, pap, let's go. You're so mad. There's nothing more in for you because you know you kind of got to restart the bedtime.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: You can't just like go and lay down back a good night. When you were thinking I'm gonna take ten deep breaths and then I'm gonna get up, you're on like breath eight and they say that shit to you and you're like, no, I'm gonna have to redo some of this shit. Yeah, and that's day's end anyway, great question.
Speaker 2: A good book tip for sleep training twelve hours and twelve weeks rue is like six fifteen, sixteen weeks, but twelve hours and twelve weeks. That's my book recommendation for sleep training.
Speaker 4: All right, boys, with this. This is already been an hour intro. We've got y roll that he is two hours and ten minutes. Please enjoy. Are you good with this?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Absolutely, please enjoy this. Will's gonna read you this sattery and then we're gonna get out of your hair so you can enjoy the Enjoy the three of us talking.
Speaker 2: Get ready for the season with the official sunglasses brand of Barstools Sports, Shady Rays. Our friends have you covered with their newest and boldest premium polarized shades. They're kicking off the most anticipated release of twenty four with a limited edition debut of their rival collection. This is the new single in style in Barstool Blue with a premium stool in stars on each lens. And if you're looking for something more casual, the classics are also getting the barstool treatment. Both of these styles are perfect for all day, everyday comfort and performance. If you don't love your shades, exchange them for a new pair or return them worry free within thirty days. There's no risk with Shady Rays. Their team always has your back with personal in fast support and the shady dot Com and use code boys. It's b o y S for thirty five percent off polarized sunglasses. Try for yourself. The shades rated five stars by over three hundred thousand people. Shady Rays dot Com, use Code Boys. Enjoy this episode with the beloved jelly roll.
Speaker 1: Google jelly roll right now because I'm off the ear and there we'll talk about it yeah, which is just dark. But that's but like it's a headline. Now you google jelly roll and hit the news button, it's like rolling stone headlines. Jelly Roll only wears socks once says big people can't have stinky feet.
Speaker 4: This is on people, This is on people people. Yeah, so it's like just from you making that comment, it's like.
Speaker 2: You're instantly a news for us.
Speaker 4: Two times nominated.
Speaker 2: And I didn't want to have fucking stinky feet. I hope y'all are rolling. Yeah, I just didn't want to have steaky feet. But what people are treating like, oh, you onlybody's one para sos? Like what and you don't what the insting to say?
Speaker 1: It was an honest moment for me. It was my answer was they said, what's the last thing you bought on Amazon? I said, actually, this is also my most frivolous habit I have. I was like, I buy socks. That was my most recent Amazon purchase. I always buy new socks. I was like, I only wear socks. Watch no, like you, I'm scared of those dude. Everybody I know who don't.
Speaker 2: Addicted to them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like beads.
Speaker 1: My brother choose them like you. That is insane to me. He choose them like their fucking bubble gum.
Speaker 2: Though. Yeah, the boy says, if he's not eating or sleeping, they're in. That's even when I work out.
Speaker 4: If I get a workout in, I got two and a halfway through the workout, I'll switch them out.
Speaker 1: I would worry about swallowing water, sucking. We ever sucked one in the wind bike whoa sucked on twice? And where is he going?
Speaker 2: We have Kirk Cousins on and he said that Taylor honekey, he loves him. He's to him. He'll get up and take a piston in the middle night and as he goes and takes a piszel, throw one in.
Speaker 1: Dude, I haven't got there yet, Kurt. That episode was fine, by the way, Kurt. Yeah, And I got to meet him. He was with uh, he was he was our boy Kittle of all places, Augusta. Really, I was at the Masters and I'm like, there's no way I'll see anybody I know here for sure, And I look up and of all motherfuckers, it's George Kettley Kirk Cousins.
Speaker 4: But I bet there was so many fifty year old white people watching you up by going, let anybody now, I'm.
Speaker 1: Wearing a denim jacket, yeah, uh, blue jeans, boots. I'm out there dressed like I Wasna.
Speaker 4: Dude, don't they have a don't they have like a dress code there?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: And they said not.
Speaker 1: For you had a trick. So they posted a picture of Leon Bridges the year before and Leon Bridge is just standing at a man corner and like linen and loafers. And I'm like, if he can wear linen and loafers, I can wear denim and leather.
Speaker 2: I was like, you know what I mean. So I just showed up dressed like jelly roll, No problem at all. Let me tell you what happened. I got to tell this story. Every want to so bad.
Speaker 1: I said, can I take the Leon Bridges picture? They're like, of course, We'll take you to a man corner and let you take the picture and we'll send it to you and we'll post it from the masters. I'm like, this is crazy. They're gonna post me from the masters. They wouldn't post the picture because I have my fucking ball cap on backwards. No ship tats everywhere, trust me with the picture. Really, no, it's the backwards hats. What did it do next?
Speaker 4: Next thing? Dude magazine, Jilly Will in a lawsuit.
Speaker 2: That's crazy. Dude's got tats on his face and everything. That's the backwards hatt and my fault.
Speaker 1: I respect the game and I should have turned my hat around, but I wasn't. I wasn't thinking. And what's even worse is as soon as I walked off, some guy said you should have turned your hat around. I was like, man, they don't give a fuck what I do. I kind of joked back, kind of like, haha, dude was like, okay, warn you yeh. Some guy trying to give me game, and I thought we were just kind of jazz.
Speaker 4: I don't worry, let me smoke dude the whole. That's like the golf, the uppittiness of the golf. That is for me what turns me off to the game. The line that's where I draw the line is like I don't like dress codes. I don't like the call you have to wear color shirt tucked in, can't wear a backwards hat. That's why I'm like, what are we trying to prove here? And that's what kind of turned me off for for so long now.
Speaker 1: I just especially when you hang out with pro golfers and their degenerates like us, Like you know, John Daily's like me and Urtist's dad is so funny.
Speaker 2: When you see him go through the timeline like it's always something just absolutely and his son.
Speaker 4: He's heard the story of when he like started. I don't I'm gonna I'll butcher the story. But he was basically like a ninth reserve guy for this major I don't know if it was the Masters or what. He ends up getting a call, wakes up hungover, doesn't warm up at all. It's zero warm up time. Anything, ends up wanting the thing. That's like the like the legend of John Daily start who Ship Yes Rocket Yeah, I mean there's probably some major details I'm missing in that, but it was that that's the one day. Yeah, it's the back of the book.
Speaker 1: Dad will get on here anytime. I'll get on here, j'all will come on here and talk ship. He's the dude.
Speaker 4: Dude, he build up heart. He did a music video.
Speaker 1: How about this. I'll give y'all my word. I will call John Daily today. Tell me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's like my I call him.
Speaker 1: Dad for real. He's the sweetest dude. He uh he's I mean, he sent me the coolest Christmas gift I even got this year. It was a painting and it was like, I think. I don't know if he knows this or not, but I don't like most artists. I don't like stuff that says jelly roll. I won't wear a jelly Roll shirt, you know what I mean, or stuff like that, or like a picture of myself. I want hang pictures of me. So this painting is like my lyrics encapsulated in different picture styles. So it's like the skull, but a different style of the skull that always rock with this crame has all these cool lyrics spray painted in the background and like live animations. I'll send y'all a picture strip. Dude, it's super coold.
Speaker 2: He's just awful.
Speaker 1: Get I got y'all though. Man, I don't know if anybody else gets excited to come back on here as how I did. I just looked at.
Speaker 2: You, I know, on the bus. If I just get silent for a long time, if I get sided for a long time, just no, I'm just sitting and trying to just catch up.
Speaker 1: I just get excited.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: It just reminds me of we've had a lot of good times and the fact that we've stayed friends and we talked. But the cool thing I love about coming back here is that we don't never get to talk like this, Like this is like hours, like we'll catch up. They just checking in or shoot the voice memos or the videos or the text. But coming this is cool.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I've cried on this bus. I've been hung over on this bus. I've shipped myself on this Yeah, I've had some really wild me and my wife went viral. Yes, it's been.
Speaker 2: Crying over emotion and funny ship.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's crazy to see like your last year and we were just talking about right when you got on about people talking about you wear socks once a couple of years ago. No one give a shit about how many socks you were wearing.
Speaker 2: It'd be like us trying to clip that story and not. You know, you might get tracks, you might not. You probably will just because of social media jelly roll, But you know, I think it's gonna be some negative headline. No, it's crazy.
Speaker 4: It's got to be like an insane thing like you. I mean, you're you do really well, like sitting back and being appreciative of all this stuff. But bro, it's got insane.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, it's it's cool though, It's like I disconnected from it as soon as it started happening. I was like, oh, I know how to deal with this. I immediately got off social media. I was like, but now I consume life in an even wilder way through news, but not like old news, like you know how, Like you can get Google alerts for certain names, like I put my name, my wife's name, the Tennessee Titans busting anybody, any of our friends, like the Homies.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So like when like Bert's on jim Jimmy Kimmel, somebody, I see it, you know what I mean. It pops up Burt Christ for Jimmy Kimmel. I'm like, oh, I should go check this out. Which is a wild way to consume life too, you know what I mean. But it's it's way easier.
Speaker 2: That's basically what you transitioned to since you get away from social media for sure.
Speaker 1: And I don't spend no time scrolling or doing it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And here's the coolest part, y'all. I'm creating more content right now than I've ever created. I'm fixing the flood content, Like like I was an independent artist when y'all met me, how I was uploading fifty times a year on YouTube I'm fixing to y'all are watched.
Speaker 2: Why is that? Because now I'm not doing this for eight hours a day, yeah, six hours a day.
Speaker 1: Every time I have an extra second, I'm actually thinking about stuff now, yeah, you know what I mean. Like I'm actually present when a camera's on me, you know what I mean. I'm not looking for a moment to go checking. So I spent more time looking what was happening on social media than using it as a tool to promote what I was trying to do.
Speaker 4: Right, How freeing has that been, that process of change?
Speaker 1: It's been great many It has been like I've never been more aware of where I'm at. I've never been more present. Everywhere I'm at is that's where I am, And that hasn't been the case for a long time. I've been in really cool moments, dude. It was like, I think it was the ACMs last year. I'm sitting behind Jason al Dean. Is the first time I realized I had a real problem. I was at the ACM. So just like habit, We'll just pull my phone out and just kept getting lost in my phone. I'm at an award show sitting next to a list celebrities. What the fuck is happening on TikTok. That's going to be so cool to me.
Speaker 4: TikTok wants to know about it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure, it's like this is the tiktoks are coming from here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm just watching, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: It was just like, you know this is right?
Speaker 2: Then?
Speaker 1: I was like, this is getting sick.
Speaker 4: When you did the transition, was there like a piece of withdrawal at first? When you weren't scrolling, you kind of felt You're I'm a little fucking board right now?
Speaker 1: For sure? Well you still you still? I still reach for my pocket a bunch, you know what I mean. It's not even I don't even carry you know, I don't even carry the phone. So it's just I live in a whole different place. Dog, I'm in a great place.
Speaker 2: Do you feel like there's like because we're talking about we started with talking about that Socks headline, like how massive like in where there can be in a negative lot or whatever. Do you feel like there's more expectation on you now when you are creating, when you are getting in these environments.
Speaker 4: That's a great question.
Speaker 2: Will. I would assume you have to kind of battle with that, especially like you try to be real conscious of it. But there's gotta be times like you're you've been just doing this, like you say, we swap stories and keep up with each other because everybody's busy, but you've just been doing this. So when you're trying to stay intentional that do you find out difficult at times? Or do you feel like there's that expectation?
Speaker 1: I think, Man, I'm always vulnerable in here. I wouldn't say this in many places where I feel that the most will is in the studio. I'm in a weird place where I've released three hundred songs in my career. I've had success. I'm close to celebrating my fourth number one on country radio, my fifth number one on radio. I've had international songs. I mean, I've checked all the boxes of things that I never thought I would do. Grammy nominations, awards. But I'm technically in the world's eyes working on my sophomore album. And there's this age old cliche called the sophomore slump.
Speaker 4: Yeah, happens in sports too.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean, so it's like I'm feeling it when I'm writing songs, like I want to I want to send you all some stuff to listen to, Like I'm fixing to get to the point where I'm fixing it. Just start leaning on my friends and relying on honesty. Because when you write a hundred and something songs for an album, because you're that into it, they start all sounding the same. You don't know which one is the better one of the two that sound alike. And now you're in this place where you've got one hundred songs. I can have the best song of my career. I don't even really know it right now because they're all just like a big puddle of just noise to me almost. So it's a way it's a scary place to be.
Speaker 4: I'm petrified in the world of like writing songs and stuff.
Speaker 1: I mean that, like I'm genuinely petrified.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean it's it's a scary place to be because you've had all the success and there's always something in the back of your head when you are having a lot of success of like when's it gonna end? Like when's the fall? When when is you know that fear creeps up in the back.
Speaker 2: It really over socks, yeah, because.
Speaker 4: We know, like I mean, how many people do we know like lasted generation after generation of generation like five people in the music industry, and so you have to like there's always a piece of you that's like when's it, when's my time up? When's my time coming? And then once your time comes, you like, when is my time up? Right? And so it's it's a very legitimate fear to have, like when you're writing this music obviously, like Ernest is a dude that always like he's like with you, you roll party a lot, Morgan, those types of dudes, Like how much are you leaning on them to be able to zoom out a little bit? Because we even with busting, like, we get in the situations where we're so zoomed into what we're trying to do that we're kind of missing the right thing to do at the time. You know, Yeah, exactly what I was thinking.
Speaker 2: I remember, well, the only time I've ever seen y'all just miss and that that was on me as well. We saw.
Speaker 4: And it was like, what was it January or right right before January? Was like, hey, I think you know quicker say Nighthawks, Tip of the Cat, back to the like our original original intro, this that, and like he's like going through and he's like, this seems like a really good idea and I have the time, Like it's all Wilson. I was like, Yeah, that sounds dope, that sounds cool.
Speaker 2: I mean it took to get your mind around. It took me, and like I've done it a couple of times, but it's just we've never actually done it or pursued some body of writing us something. And there's a style like have you ever seen Club? Yeah, he's kind of got like a cliffhanger at the beginning and this undertone of nipsy and then it goes into the Nipsey Hustle song. And I always think it's like they have that one that grabs you in the first ten to fifteen seconds of a clip. So I was trying to think, like the song that we have with inertro, you don't necessarily have like an underlying tone where you can do that. So it's like, how can we find a song? And it's like I've always been obsessed with this. What was it some of Adam's blues by Quicker City Night, Yeah, and I was like, man, this could sound dope. We tried it. You know, we're back.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you this. I'll give you some gag. You ready for it. And this is something you just so much. Old head taught me I would be paying the cars for a living, right and he said, you're always one stroke away from either polishing it to a pearl or polishing the paint off, like one wipe away. It's that close, you know what I mean? Yeah, sometimes you just gotta go. Man, that motherfucker's a pearl right now.
Speaker 2: Message and friends that we talk about, being like, you should have just shot a message to that even I mean, we were getting double. I feel like you have missed it.
Speaker 1: The comments were listen, we're putting out the best content ever, and all you could see in the comments was bring back.
Speaker 4: You know at his house sitting there, Peton is not going yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, he's all those comments were just yeah the whole time.
Speaker 2: Bring back the intro.
Speaker 4: But yeah, who So of those guys that we were talking about and we were in your sophomore album, who are we talking to like are you like giving it to them? Being like, please tell me where I'm sucking up Ernest.
Speaker 1: Yes, I brought what whatever writing Ernest is always to do the Dominator's You've got to call the dominator what you say?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I thought I said the nominated dominated?
Speaker 1: Are you?
Speaker 7: How will?
Speaker 2: We're on the magic school buses? You really are?
Speaker 1: No, dude, I'll just shoot it to earn and ask and I'll shoot them and shoot snippets to friends. I'll shoot you Allso let me just kind of hit people that are honest. My wife's man, I'm scared to play her song if you ask her. I've had two hits. Ever.
Speaker 2: You know how many hits out there that never made it? Never made it out there because Bunny was like, this is garbage?
Speaker 1: How excited for the beer Olympics?
Speaker 4: Y'all fired? Depends what are we depending on I heard a rumor.
Speaker 2: There's some scuttle butt.
Speaker 4: I heard a rumor that logistically, Joey Roll might not be able to make it.
Speaker 1: We're doing it for sure. I've already figured that out. I'm doing Kimmel the same day, so I'm flying right there. We're just doing A and b rig There we go. There we have it. When I told you all was done, it was done.
Speaker 4: I know but I thought, so, you know how it is when management gets involved and then there's a third party. Well we can tell people now, yea, yeah, yeah, we're doing Beer Olympics at Red Rock in Las Vegas. Beer game, beer game, serioh beer game.
Speaker 2: How did you know?
Speaker 1: We out and all the way went no, I don't.
Speaker 9: Think we've hinted.
Speaker 4: No, this is great for you to be on the way announced it and there's been a lot of people coming and going, dude, we started in February, locking cats in. Yeah, put it on your calendar, and we've had people drop out. It's been it's been a bummer. So I get a call last week and I'm talking back and forth and uh, somebody the Red Rock is like, yeah, Jelly's on the fifty yard line right now. And I was like, whoa, because we talked a little bit ago. You say something like the ten and you we've had the conversation. So I'm like, oh, this is for sure happening. They say, logistically, he's just seeing if he can make it happen. But and then you just you just assume Red Rock management. They start talking and every.
Speaker 2: Few days, every few days, tailors usually hitting me with like here you see it. I have some some more bad news. It's just like I just put the bull in our head and he's like jelly roll and I was just like, no, let's figure it out. We got we're doing. We're doing Kimmel that day, I think, is what's happening. And we're just figuring out a way to knock out two.
Speaker 4: Birds because it, dude, it is good. It's gonna be incredible, like the event, all the stuff y'all going into it, the shake cover, the sponsors.
Speaker 1: What's probably happening is on our end inside baseball, and this is how we talk on the phone. Y'all get to see how we talk to each other. If I had to guess, they just haven't got back for them, they're just not getting back to them quick enough, like Red Rocks probably wants it in a certain timeline, and the way my people are probably looking at it sadly we have so much shit coming up, or probably like yo, chill, we'll be there for sure, you know what I mean, Like like dudes coming, you know what I mean. That's what my guess is right now, that they're more just worried that, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: And your team's sticking to a script too.
Speaker 2: It's like, if they're saying this, it's not fitting on our script, Like maybe you're this in the conversation.
Speaker 1: As soon as I hit y'all and said what way do y'all want to do it? And y'all told me I hit them right there, I was like, that's how we're doing it.
Speaker 4: We did have a lengthy conversation. So for everybody who doesn't know the text message group chat, you hit us up and you're like, you want to do a three hundred person like private show or do you want to do like an actual public show? Will was thinking private. I was thinking public. And the reason why I was in public because Beer Olympics. I mean, you saw us last year. No one's going to be hearing your music. We're all gonna black out anyway. Sure, so to have other people go and enjoy it, I was take it. It was a nice gesture to be amazing, but at the same time, like, I'm not gonna remember shit, I'm gonna be like, hey, how did Jelly do last night? That wasa did it awesome? And then we sent it to the boys and it was a unanimous, publicanimous public So that being said, Ladies and Gentlemen June twenty fifth, Tuesday at Red Rock One night only, the King himself Jilly Will will be playing a concert. Let's fucking around the boss for that boys.
Speaker 2: Yes, well, just to prepare everybody all of the beer games content that will be shot that they won't be coming out until I think in August. It's gonna get a lot of editing done and everything else.
Speaker 4: It's crazy how much that's blown up, not near as much as what we want to talk about. You, bro, you have been doing every time. I feel like you're never home.
Speaker 1: I was going three hundred days last year, really.
Speaker 2: Like what's happened in the last year?
Speaker 1: Just chasing the record. I dropped the album.
Speaker 2: Right right, but I'm saying, like, what, like, what are the cool new things that you've been doing in the last year. Because Jack's like, hey, what do we want to talk to Jelly about it? I'm like, man, I don't know if I've been able to just I see. It's like you come across my screen. You're giving some Southern Baptist church speech. Every time I bring up X.
Speaker 4: You're amazing talking about drugs. Yes, you're on American Idol, You're on the voice. You're on every Today's show ever, Tonight's show ever. Should I'm supposed you haven't hosted SNL yet.
Speaker 1: Yes, god man, whatever you need.
Speaker 4: To host SNL. That would be nasty.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what. I'm free this follow.
Speaker 4: But you've really been fucking doing it all.
Speaker 2: It's cool you're saying that. I'm learning, you know, about all the different things he's been. It's like hard to.
Speaker 4: This man was in front of people who make laws, yaying I am an ex drug dealer telling you this is a problem. And it's eight ten minutes long. Yeah, And he is articulate saying this thing. And how much did you prepare for that?
Speaker 1: I really did. I really did. I'm not gonna lie the ass shot from the hip. I'll tell you the coolest part of that story is that my sister went to college. She's the smartest one in our family by a country mile. But we've never found a point of connection to be able to work together on anything. And I called her and said, I got a job for us. She said what I said, I'm pretty well spoken, you're real smart. Why don't you get me some logistics and some some some peer reviewed facts here? And then we'll build a case. And I got to put together a speech to present the Congress, and me and her sat down and cook that up together.
Speaker 4: That is awesome.
Speaker 1: I was like, I'll figure out the analogies. You just give me the statistics and then I'll write it up. And man, I was in my My wife thought it was. She picked on me a little bit about it in a sweet way. How she does. She said, you were so cute. I was up my sheets of paper, reading them like I was reading a script, you know, practicing the night before. Because dude, this was serious. I was going in front of the United States Coress.
Speaker 2: I took it serious. Everyone's gonna see it.
Speaker 4: It's just something some no disrespects on Ranndom person walking up and saying, hey, we got to change this law. Like you're a super influential person for sure. How much prep when that phone call happened to your sister? How far was the Congress meeting away?
Speaker 1: Three weeks? But we took about three weeks to really start coming together.
Speaker 4: I feel like that's even a short amount of time.
Speaker 1: How nervous were you extremely?
Speaker 2: Yes, very more nervous than so liquid. Man.
Speaker 1: First of all, it was in a courthouse. They'll say, it's not a courthouse, but I've been to a courthouse. This is a courthouse, you know, you know what I mean. And then it's a courtroom. They said, it's not a court room, but it's a courtroom. I've been to a courtroom. It's set just like a courtroom. And I didn't think about this till I was sitting there. But it's already designed for you to feel less right. And I'm sure it's designed that way on purpose, because all the congressmen are sitting up and looking down at you so like you're peering up, and there's just I didn't think about it, but psychologically you're Intually, I'm not looking at you eye to eye. There's a separation between me and you, you know what I mean. There's a clear thing that you're here and I'm here. And that that made me more nervous than I anticipated, because that felt like a judge. Judges sit up too, you know what I'm saying. I was like, man, I'm in court right now, like but it was. And I hoped that they were going to go the other way because I look at the guy to the left of me from the FOP, great guy for turn to order police. I go, pardon me, sir. Have you done this before? He's like, oh yeah, all the time. The next guy next to him was a d A, federal d A. So you do this, He's like all the time. Yeah. We come speak here, you know, probably probably once every other week. And I was like, oh, great, well, one of these guys go first, and I kind of know what i'm doing here, you know what I'm saying, I'll get I'll get to see it. Right, I don't know what I'm doing, you know what I mean? And of course I'm in the headspace that I'm constantly in, right, So I'm there and I'm like maybe one of these right, I'm like, maybe one of these guys will show me the fucking way, you know what I mean. And now they were like, all right, mister d Ford, I'm sure you've never done this. I was like, never, never thought I'd do it.
Speaker 2: Go ahead first, get out there you go. The reaction of that speech was also like a very viral thing. How coming out of that did you You probably didn't expect that or anticipate that, nor care about it, but seeing that it blew up the way it did, I bet that that had to feel good knowing that you are pushing to make a wave like that.
Speaker 1: It did. It felt, really it felt. I had a moment where I was sitting there and I looked down at that camera and I seen the screen and I seen myself, and I was like, oh, this picture is gonna be everywhere the rest of my life. Like I'm on c SPAN right now.
Speaker 2: I didn't know I was going to, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I'm on public television, free, free television, OG, like everybody can get everybody that anywhere they could watch me. I'm getting watched in prison right now. Yeah, you know what I mean, Like I am on c SPAN, and uh, I think also it goes like how the award speech has worked for me. There's a true moment where this is just all unreal to me. And I take every one of those moments extremely serious, like way like not serious an aspect like I don't prep for award speeches, but like I take it serious. When I'm walking up there, I'm praying right then, quietly, God, this is the last time that I ever win one of these, and I get to address millions of people watching me. I'm in front of my peers. I am elated to be here. By the way, It's insane to me that artists win awards and they walk up there like, fuck, I hate I had to come out tonight, you know what I mean? You know what I mean, Like they walk up there like my feet hurt, you know what I mean. It's like I hadn't touched the ground the night. Dude, I'm four hundred and fifty pounds and I'm fucking floating, you know what I mean. It's like I don't you know, it's and I just want to take those moments serious. And the Congress one was even more serious because there was a side of me and I hope I don't get in trouble for this. Was walked in there a little pissed off, just a little bit, you know what I mean, just a little chip on my shoulder, because I walked up there thinking there's no way that two hundred Americans are dying a day, and that I am the guy that has to come in here and bring attention to it, like this is a little absurd that it took me, you know what I mean, of all people like it should have never got to this point. So I found myself feeling that emotion too in the moment, and I don't know if you could see it in me, but there was a hint.
Speaker 2: Of like, you don't see me that serious that often.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know I'm a serious songwriter. I'm not a serious guy. You know what I mean. Don't take anything I say very serious. But I was fucking see this is me walking in the court. You can see it on my face that initial clip. When I first walked in. They had Metia out there trying to talk to me, and I was first time ever I was kind of rude to media. You see, I'm not even looking at the yeah, And I wasn't trying to be mean. I was just like, hey, man, I'm nervous, and I'm gonna go in here and make a fucking point.
Speaker 4: At what point when you were having those feelings and you sat down with this.
Speaker 1: Is crazy that we're watching this with y'all.
Speaker 2: Dog.
Speaker 1: I would have never dreamed this when I came on y'all's bus the first time. If I'm just like selling two or three thousand tickets for me, I had made it when I got on this bus the first time, I was like, big as I'll ever being happy about it.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm.
Speaker 4: Saying, your catalog and I'll probably just sell that for thirty million dollars. That is just Yeah, it's crazy, bro, And it's crazy the how we met.
Speaker 1: This is so perspective, just sitting in here like this, Thank you dude.
Speaker 4: Having a shop was the reason why.
Speaker 1: Here the first two podcasts every week, the first two podcasts I ever did was A Shop and y'all.
Speaker 2: And now you've hit Rogan bro.
Speaker 1: Yeah, baby effect, Baby, I changed the name. It's not the experience anymore. It's Joe Rogan Effect.
Speaker 4: How fast is that?
Speaker 1: It's immediate? Really, it's immediate. Yeah, it's unreal.
Speaker 2: You've been seeing the Terrence Howard oh Man. Listen.
Speaker 1: I'll listen to the first thirty minutes of it in the Sona this morning. It starts like, so how did you get into acting? And I don't know Joe knew that was the trigger phrase, but it's like, yo, like Joe knew the one sentenced un I'm wondering if Joe would have said, so, how's your mourning? But would have unlocked that same Yeah, He's like, let me tell you, before I.
Speaker 4: Was born, it was right beneath the surface and the look key when he's talking. When he starts saying like one times one is two, He's like, because you have a multiplication is a multiple and if you put anything in front of another, one has to get bigger. Yeah, I'm thinking kind of makes sense. I felt like I put my calculator Neil the gross Tyson, right, that's the scientist. He's like telling how Neil's coming at him and all this. But he's talking about Adams separating and there's four edges, but when you put eight bubbles together, I'm just like.
Speaker 1: You know, the crazy.
Speaker 4: He's kind of a genius man. Maybe he's a psychopath. I don't know. I haven't picked aside yet.
Speaker 1: It all came from the dude that played a pimp and Hustle and Flower. That's the part I can't get. I watched this dude play a Memphis pimp.
Speaker 2: And my favorite movie.
Speaker 4: It's the only movie I've ever known them motest man you've ever met in your entire ya.
Speaker 1: That's insane. He's fucking Tyson. Neil de Grass.
Speaker 2: The one that made the biggest impact on me was when he was the divorced father in Big Mama's house. That's like what I think is I think of like an intimidating cat. Yeah, like with Terrence Howard and then also in the Fighting movie with uh Channing Tatum.
Speaker 1: Right, you know, I don't remember this in either one of these films. Now, I just remember Hustling Floats, the only film I've ever remembered him being actor.
Speaker 2: He was like the he was like the scary dude that that you were trying to predict. It's called Fighting.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I don't think i've even seen this movie.
Speaker 1: I'm getting crucified online right now for people watching this or like you're telling me only one Terrence hour movie.
Speaker 4: I was kind of with you. I don't know what this is, what you should have picked up that you should have picked up, Mama.
Speaker 1: I just can't look at him and think of him doing anything but going in my eyes out of seeing some crazy things in the streets. Got a couple of girls working on the track just for me.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Oh, he's an iron man.
Speaker 2: He was in Crash yo. And the thing is what you like find yourself enjoying about that conversation is right wrong whatever. Everybody's gonna argue, picking apart whatever it is, but his enthusiasm and talking about you just know that this dude obsesses over this stuff for sure. So it's like it like pulls you in when he's talking about being naked in his dreams and accessing the future, like he's low in hot top time machine where he can like that's why he's got ninety seven patents, you're just saiding. They're like, you know what, can we look up his patents as anybody look? Then he had a gym bag. He hands Joe a couple and I'm just so curious what's going on in Joe's mind, like as he's holding them, because Joe doesn't like say a word for those third first thirty minutes, first thirty minutes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and he's just at one point of those. Can just stop it there for a second.
Speaker 2: Back a couple of optanes here.
Speaker 1: No, I'm only thirty minutes in and it was all Terrance and it was incredible. But I'm sitting in the sona this morning. Yeah, we saw yourself. You got the cold tube, you got the suna going on. Dude, listen, Gary breck in your life. Gary Breca is like helped me. I dropped those first like sixty pounds effortless. We just did our blood work, our first ninety day blood work cycle together to see the differences insiling down. Hemoglobin's great, liver's doing great, kidney's doing great, heartstrong. I had obviously, being a big guy, I had a spike protein marker in my heart. It was just a little bit showed a lot of inflammation. Big cars, big engine kind of thing. But still not right. I mean it's the effects of obesity, right, that's went down dramatically points a whole point or something point and a half two points in ninety days. Like I've been a pre diabetic as you could imagine, like at a six point two forever as long as I remember, Like how I'm not a full blown diabetic. Mind blowing a little bit, Yeah right, you know what I'm saying. So and it went from six two to like five to nine and three months and that just seems like three points. But that's that's a consistent ninety day blood marker. It's not like your instant you know, the prick of what's in your bloodstream. You know, that's a ninety day I've only had ninety day what is a one c You see what I'm saying Like this, I should have just brought my blood work we could have nerded out about. I'm so proud of it. What is that I carry my blood work around? Like when I was in jail and I carried my paperwork around to prove I didn't snitch, Like, see, I didn't snitch.
Speaker 2: Read it? Yeah, I would never tell you, dude? What is you said?
Speaker 4: Five point eight? Six point two? Like, what is what's the number that you're a diabetic?
Speaker 1: Six point three?
Speaker 4: Oh shit, you were right there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's called being a pre diabetic. I've been in a six y two for like a.
Speaker 4: Decade, right, so I'm type one diabetic?
Speaker 2: Oh wowah? The other one to you give ref So your A one C?
Speaker 7: Like I check my blood sugar. You probably see me to do it before.
Speaker 11: That's an immediate result and you know exactly in real time what your blood sugar is. Your A one C is essentially like what Joe is saying, like a ninety day average of where you're at. It doesn't correlate to the number you'd see on a glucometer. But the A one C is crucial because, like mine being type one diabetic, it's good if I'm like seven point two and six point two for someone who's not is like considered, you're on the of it, but you want to be between five and seven being like the like max, they wont you in between like six and seven and like the decimal point system. But yeah, the A one se is just like your average glucose over the last ninety days. It gives you a good measurement for long term effects.
Speaker 1: And doctr McPherson man, should I should have brought the paperwork that we've had a really cool like it's been cool.
Speaker 4: How did you get put on?
Speaker 1: Like your just one same way? Did y'all say?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 1: I get put on with everybody? And I learned this from Rogan being a Joe Rogan fan. When Joe Grogan was like, man, I just get into the stuff I'm a fan of. It's like that's what I do. I just get into the stuff I'm a fan of. So like, as soon as I started seeing the Dane of White chit Trent change because it was like clear to me because you know, we watched danea White fight manears before, like you know, being a fan of his over the years, I've seen him go through some ship and I've seen him look really bad, like scarily like big and red faced, like puffy, just like scarily bad. And I mean, y'all you hang out with him more than I do. Man, that dude looks incredible. He looks young, he's sharp, he here's great. Remember I used to not hear nothing.
Speaker 4: He still can't hear it.
Speaker 2: Seems like that left ear turn up. Yeah, but dude, Yeah, but he.
Speaker 1: Just seems really you know, just and I started watching his transition, so I was like, man, I should I should maybe reach out to this guy. Maybe maybe I got some blood works that's off, maybe he can see something. So I just cold hit him, and lucky for me, his wife, Sage love you.
Speaker 2: Sage.
Speaker 1: Sage is the best Sage as a country music fan, so she knew who I was. They just loved like her and her daughter. Her daughter's Bailey's age, so they love Morgan. They just love the whole community of country music. So they were familiar enough with me to be like, yo, we want to get you on a on a thing with him. So Gary immediately got involved and changed everything and I bought right into it too. It didn't take me no time at all.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm curious about, because I mean, I've been around you, like we known each other for what four years? Yeah, something like that. And I feel like there's been like moments and phases to where you're in the middle of doing something right.
Speaker 4: He's showing up at a gallon of water that lemon juice in it. Right, I'm doing it boys and.
Speaker 2: Being super intentional with this one this time. What feels different about it?
Speaker 1: I think it was really the like realizing that I just want to feel good. Like I thought. I said this whenever we did our five K and I meant this. I thought that every problem I had in life would be solved if I ever found any kind of success in stability. And then I started getting success in stability, and I still none of those problems were solved. And I know that's the old cliche thing. And trust me, when I was broke and I heard wealthy people say this, I would get sick. I'd be like, we don't love your money. Give it to me, you fucking fat asshole. I'll be happy with it, you know what I'm saying. It's like, but that's not like, trust me, I enjoy the things that money can do. But it was that and hmm, I'll let y'all know if we can keep this part in, because if we can, this will be the biggest clip of this show. My wife and I are talking about having a baby, and it really what made me realize it. Almost forty, I was like, I mean, I gotta live at least sixty. I gotta see this kid into college, like, and my plan was never to be sixty.
Speaker 2: It was to be like fifty five.
Speaker 1: I think Garcia died in.
Speaker 2: Fifty six, so since I was young, I was like, fifty six.
Speaker 1: It'd be great for me, you know what I'm to saying, like a tween Garcia win, I mean, you know what I'm saying there twenty seven. That's when all the other stars died twenty seven or fifty six, and Celebrity Worlds let me fifty two. Yeah, but now I'm like, well, I'd like to see my sixties, you know what I mean? And uh, And that really lit it up, and being able to see blood work got kind of nerdy. You have do you have a constant? Do you have a Libra on you?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 7: Have you ever worren one?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 11: So I wear like it's got a dex com G seven and it's just like can They're trying to find a continuous loop, which is like a device you wear that registers your blood sugar and then gives you the appropriate insulin. That is essentially the cure they're looking for. But they I have a thing I can wear on me that constantly monitors it, but I'm not wearing right now.
Speaker 1: I know this sounds crazy, but I just started nerding out about it. Taylor, I got this thing he knows what I'm talking about, called Libra, and it just it'll show my constant blood sugar in real time. Right, So then I started getting nerdy and being like I would eat certain things to watch the effects of it. Yeah, and it's little shit like that has just changed my whole life.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 1: I just want to eat better because I feel better. Like, I know that sounds so corny, and who would have thought being fucking fat my whole life that all I would feel better if I just ate better.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's the crazies insane, because.
Speaker 4: It's like when I, like when I was three hundred ten pounds, or when anybody is overweight or anything or eats like shit and has a good body, you it becomes your norm. So you just think this is how normal feels. All the time, and you really don't start realizing until you start peeling back layers, doing the blood work and eating a little bit healthy and getting that one two three weeks of eating healthy where you're like, I can notice an obvious difference in my mood, my cognitive function. I can even start to see it a little bit. Hey, that that wasn't there before. That's kind of nice to have that there. Like, you start to see those things now, you start to realize what you were dealing with wasn't normal. The normals over here. You just have to get to that point. And so it's I think it is one of those things that people don't think about a whole lot. There's like, oh, I always feel X, Y and Z, not realizing it's not it doesn't have to be like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but getting obsessive with the measuring, the data and everything else. I feel you on that because then it's like your competitive nature. It becomes like a little game you start. It starts, and dude, I'm falling in love with the clarity. I'm getting, like, like a clarity I've never had, Like, Man, I get out of that. I wake up every morning to do anywhere from fifteen to thirty minutes in a sauna. Uh, and then I immediately do six minutes in the cold water, and then I go for my walk or go from my swim. It's the first thing I do every morning. And I'm thinking so clear in that sauna. Man, I've only been up six seven minutes and I'm just already just cooking. It's just man, I've just never felt more fucking focused and dialed in. I get to bring to suna and the cold plunge on the road now, no shit, no shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you know how dang is. I told Dane, I was like, hey, how do you carry your mobile sauna? Well, he just sends me one already in a you know what. I'm just saying, That's what's like to have real rich It's just like, yo, no problem, will send it straight over. Yeah, and they literally I got one in storage now it just follows me.
Speaker 4: It's great for real, that is what's like.
Speaker 1: And Gary becas have y'all been with me? Y'all should fuck with him? Just y'all should have him on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we would love to have him, only we've kind of we went back and forth in I think we've been out to him for Yeah, like January when we were kind of talking back and forth, and then he went on Rogan and then he went on Elk Boys, and then he went on all these other shows, and so his people kind of reached out with like, well, what are your guys's numbers? What's going on here? And I think that's what that's what kind of w of the red tape pits. Because I've been around Gary on three separate occasions now, every single time, I've enjoyed him every single time. He's just a wealth of knowledge, great personality, Like he's just and he seems like intentionally speaks to you, like he's not trying to think about the next thing he has to do. He's right there with you. So I really enjoy him. One person he's had on his show, his podcast, Superhuman podcast or whatever is Gabriel Lyon, who Will and I work with. And she's in the she in the same world. She does very similar blood tests. She you know, you zoom with her and all that stuff, and it's it is fascinating stuff to kind of feel like find that little edge of where you can kind of get better and you know what your body can process, what it can't process, and because when we get older. I mean, dude, I'm thirty two and I'm like, you know, I got a shoulder the knee that my fingers are facing different directions, and you' just kind of worry Like, now that that part of my life is over, I want to make sure that cognitively I can handle stuff and I can you know, be old enough and I don't like run around my kids when they're older and all all that stuff. You really start to think about future stuff that you do right now. It's tough.
Speaker 1: Was that something you thought about when you got the weight off? Like have you have you already talked about this a bunch on this podcast? I don't want make you No, I haven't really talked.
Speaker 4: We we'll just kind of mentioned, hey, Taylor lost a lot of weight, and I say, yeah, like we haven't talked about that. But like I noticed like back pain or sleeping on my side on my shoulder were hurt in the morning. And now that my shoulder doesn't really hurt the more, my back doesn't really hurt anymore. Like there's things that I just thought were normal because oh, I'm playing football, I'm lifting weights, and you.
Speaker 2: Play through everything.
Speaker 4: You play through everything. And you start to get you start to lose when you're like, oh damn, like this already feels so much better to me, right that I'm like sixty fifty five yea, And it is. It's a it's a noticeable difference.
Speaker 1: Was inal though, to lose that weight.
Speaker 4: When I knew that the writing was on the wall and I was going to get cut and you know, the knee thing happened and all that, I was like, let me, you know, I'm just probably donking eat for a little bit. I'd yeah, get Jackson, Yeah, get yeah, I got. I have a body type where when I was at my playing weight, it was, you know, three ships a day, there were twelve hundred calories, three meals, and I'm losing five pounds at night. Like I always had to be a guy that had to gain weight. So when I kind of just ate normal for a little bit, it just flew off. I lost like thirty forty pounds in a hurry to the point will say, hey, you're starting a little sickly.
Speaker 2: Like me right now?
Speaker 4: Yeah, everything all right in a little whi It was, you know, you kind of just live, and I've never lived like that before in sports where you like live and you're just eating when you're hungry and that's it. You're not like shoving a meal. Like when the high school we joked about this. I would look up at three in the morning, just have a protein chink wow, and I go back to sleep, not realizing that's actually horrible for you to do.
Speaker 2: But you would do shit like when you're you're like trying to put on the weight process to get but you you've you can obviously see your body is already changing.
Speaker 4: What's your now that you see that this is achievable? What is the goal for you?
Speaker 1: I'm doing it in little goals. So the five k B I made was my first one, and I needed that because between us, I came out of the gun hard for about ninety days, and about twenty five days before the five K started, I just fell off the rails. Really yeah, I just gave up all that work, ate like shit a little bit on and off, had a couple of big drinking benders, just kind of went back to old habits.
Speaker 2: You think, oh, it's only a few hours that I'm doing today like that on that one, just thought about schedule.
Speaker 1: I just I don't have no excuse the schedule swallowed me, and I'd learned from it. I won't do it again, but I will up the day of the five K, like I'm not as prepared for this as I was three weeks ago. It sucks, and I still feeling it's a tough feeling, and you show up and you still do it because you know I could, because I got in better shape and I did lose a lot of weight and I was feeling better. But I had a moment them where kind of refired me up and I was like, all right, now I want to do another five K. I want to do it around Thanksgiving, and I want to do it at a constant job. This right here was at a brisk power walk. I'm not I'm not embarrassed of my mouth minute. It was like eighteen nineteen minute miles, which for me, when a guy that started at five hundred and something pounds and couldn't walk a mile, felt great about that. Yeah, and now I'd like to get it down to like sixteen fifteen and a little jog, really kind of slow, steady jog, and then go to the five K the two Bears five K next year and put up a real fucking time twice like Burt did.
Speaker 2: Burt did it the first time and then went back and did it with me.
Speaker 1: Really, and if this goes the way I wanted to, I am dragging Burt Chraischer to do a half marathon next fall. That's okay. I like that goals and I love saying it here because I said I was gonna do the five k on nelk and fucking went and did it and lost a lot of weight. So y'all hold me to this, just like y'all help me do it. And I had to show up and may and fucking sweat my balls off in passing day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, any kind of I feel like to probably remotivates you because you're getting around all your boys and everybody who was kind of either preparing for it or they're in the middle of doing something for themselves. You're just kind of like Burt doing it twice.
Speaker 1: The second time. It made me feel great and it was cool to see other how many other big guys did it because of Bird, because of me. Foley was there from you know what I'm talking about, a ru Garbage podcast. He walked it with us. He's a very robust man, you know what I'm saying, you know, it's like he encouraged he inspired me because I kept looking at him like we're about equally yoked here.
Speaker 2: It was like, this is fair.
Speaker 1: My only goal was like not to let him smoke me quiet, and I bet he quiet. He was like, similar, dude starts jogging right now, I'm gonna die because I'm.
Speaker 2: Going I'll faint, you know what I'm saying before I beat.
Speaker 1: I'm sure he looked at me. That's how fat people size each other. I'm sure he looked at me, and I was like, fully, let's stake together.
Speaker 2: So we can control our own I kind of. I wrote to me immediately, I'm like, come on, be my guy now.
Speaker 4: As you just took off at the start, yeah, I got a ways to go. But that's awesome.
Speaker 2: That is that is cool.
Speaker 4: You're knocking those things off, no problem.
Speaker 1: You feel good, man, and I do feel good. My testosterones going up, my my labs as you could expect, were bad. You know what I mean, they just wasn't good. It's all every level that could be off, and the beast man as you could expect him to balance and some of that stuff I just helped so much.
Speaker 4: Were they they're obviously expected to be bad. Were they as bad as you thought they would be? Or were there a couple of silver linings and they're.
Speaker 2: Like, okay, all right, the kidney and the ever surprise me. Yeah, they surprised everybody for what it was. It was big shock.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: It was you should Everybody was like, are you sure they didn't want to read that?
Speaker 4: We got to do that again?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're gonna go get a second opinion.
Speaker 1: Even Garrett was like, I don't want to tell you this, but your kidney's a liver. Incredible, you know what I was like.
Speaker 2: But that was about the twenty five day off from two bears Mark, Yeah you heard that. Good right now? Looking for an assistant with your credit card but can't get a hold of anyone. Luckily, with twenty four to seven US based live customer service from Discover, everyone has the option to talk to a real person anytime, day or night. Yes, you heard that right. You can talk to a real human and customer service anytime. Sounds like a real game changer. If you ask the boys, make the right call and get the service you deserve. With Discover, limitations apply see terms that discover dot com slash credit card. I've been doing pretty good too.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: When's the last time y'all talk one on ship?
Speaker 2: Spring Tour? Spring Tour. You get on the road, you do a show like you have some tequila soda to take the edge off before you, you know, go out there and do your thing with the fans and stuff, and then it just like kicks coup like a motivator.
Speaker 11: Yea.
Speaker 4: And by the end of the show, you're like, we should just drink all night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you'll lives are up, yall people to drink with. I've had I've had a good one, y'all. I swear to God a lot of people. You're a lot. I've got you puke and drunk and had a blast doing it.
Speaker 4: You were already so fun with Lebron. Yes, you are so funny home and I like.
Speaker 1: Taylor because Taylor drinks like me. You see it in his eyes. There's a switch that happens where he's intertally like I'm doing this until I pass out. Yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: It's also a goal, like if I'm gonna get this fucked up, everyone else around me instantly.
Speaker 2: This ship sinks like the Titanic. We play music to the death.
Speaker 1: Motherfucker.
Speaker 4: Women and children can live first. The rest of the men.
Speaker 2: You're dying.
Speaker 4: That is the end of it.
Speaker 2: I know it is.
Speaker 4: I'll try to sneak because Will Will Will unders drunk Will understands when it's time to stop, but drunk Taylor will not let drunk Will stop. Let's have one, and I'll have one if you have one. I've I'm taken a couple of waters while he's taking some tequila.
Speaker 2: I knew by to the bar tend Hey give me that cup you just threw away, and they're kind of like.
Speaker 4: Four or five ahead of Will. I'm like, no fucking chance, I'm gonna let this guy. And then the next day it's like, you pretty fucked up last night, weren't you. No, no, no, no, We're both gonna be hety. You were pretty fucked up.
Speaker 2: I'll be looking at tailor in the face, like, I know you're fucking lying to me. He's like, brod to you, just line to your face.
Speaker 1: I'm taking the water trick. I like that was that because you got Because I've been in a situation where you're like me, I'm like the host kind of so like a group of people coming, I'm like, we should take a shot. The next group comes in, I'm like we should take a shot. And then Will comes over and Will's like we should take a shot. And I'm like, I just took three shots.
Speaker 2: Right, you know what I'm saying. No, just walks it behind you. Hey for the boys, Bubba double shot.
Speaker 1: That is a little blackout drunk grimlin especially only a comedy clubs. We're safe there. It's the last safe Frontier.
Speaker 4: June twelfth, Dude live show in Nashville. Man, here here, what's what we're doing?
Speaker 1: Let me check it.
Speaker 4: And you know last time we were a live show when you came on, we got fucked up to like midnight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was a good night.
Speaker 4: That was a good one night.
Speaker 2: It was a great night. He tried to getting me at the softball game.
Speaker 4: Did I remember we were We were saying to the crowd and the came up. It was like, ohs out a big lure and the whole crowd lost. And I was like, god damn it.
Speaker 2: Wednesday the twelfth, Wednesday twelfth. I like them.
Speaker 4: We can't teach them to no, no, no, I'll tell you what I do. Love you saying maybe, because what I've noticed with this beer Olympics thing is everyone wants to say yes first, everyone wants to come in absolutely one hundred and then schedules getting away. So the fact that you said maybe made me feel whole lot better. When that note comes for sure that this conversation, I'm like, man, I feel real good about that. No, when it comes back, I get it. And you knew you were gonna be a little bit busy what I'm about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got you.
Speaker 2: It looks like, so you've gotten to do American Idol in the Voice which one you prefer? Thank you will? What a friend.
Speaker 4: I think that was? Of course you came from JP, didn't it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're such a good friend. You re broke up Florida Georgia line. Any chance we had of that reunion tour happened. I just went.
Speaker 2: Special. Maybe it's just started something.
Speaker 4: Hopefully, I mean, you want them to get back together. They're putting absolute banger after banger out and behind the scenes it was way worse than it wasn't public.
Speaker 2: So after American Idol in the Voice, where where's your alliance with BK? And just divided on who I'm voting for.
Speaker 1: I can't vote. That right has been that has been restricted. I loved the I love the Voice. I love them both obviously the political answer, I do love them.
Speaker 2: Experiencing them both.
Speaker 1: I've had more time with American Idol, so I've done more with them, so by default I know more about everything, their production crew. It's obviously I'm gonna it's hard because Reeba is at the Voice now, Dan and Share at the Voice too. It was easy even just a year or two ago, because it was like all the Homies or an American Idol. Luke Bryan's at American Idol, Lionel Richie loves me. I fucking love him. Katy Perry is the coolest person ever. By the way, Katy Perry is a boss. She is so gangster. But but the Voice now with reebund Dan, dude, it's Dan, and say it's really cool over there. I got the mentor at American Idol, though, and that was different. I spent a whole day and I could not believe how excited I was to do it, Like when I started like getting to hear their stories and seeing that I could actually help because I just assumed, dude, if you've made it to the top twenty four on American Idol. I don't got much advice for you.
Speaker 2: Like, what do I know that you haven't figured out? You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I go out here and sing off key right now. You know I'm bombit.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I'm too drinks away from going completely tone deaf in this old family, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I don't think I can help.
Speaker 1: But when I realized that they were young and had never even some of these people had like never left their home state, and here they are in Hawaii and they're fixing to go live in LA for three weeks with a bunch of strangers and battle it out on national TV. I was like, I can help these people, you know what I mean. It's like you think about how that's a moment in their life that they'll tell to their great grandchildren that they're alive. You know what I mean. Brother, They came in first through fifteenth. That's a wild story that I'm getting to be a part of. So by default, probably American Idol.
Speaker 2: We got them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, DMZ Jollyroll hates the voice, and I love the voice.
Speaker 2: You've always enjoyed that kind of stuff though, because you you'll go to the local juvenile and everything else. I feel like, and you can crag me if I'm wrong, but it almost you strike me as somebody who there's been so many people who's imprinted on you that when now that you have the platform and the voice that you do, you know you can have that same effect on a young you for sure, for sure.
Speaker 1: And I also draw from the times that nobody was there, like the juvenile thing is a stroke because the only people that came to see us when I was in juvenile the Gideons. Are you familiar with the Gideon organization? Have you ever been to a hotel and open up a drawer and there was a Bible? Yeah, that's the Gideons. So what they do is they mass produce Bibles and give them away free. They give them the people incarcerated, hotels, motels across America. They just give away Bibles. That's kind of there, and it's a led by kind of a bunch of older men. But they were just coming to give us bibles once a month, the New Testaments because they fit in urb pocket, and which I appreciate because I read the Bible because of that. But nobody ever came in that like spoke like, since I partner with this juvenile up here, Joiner Lucas, machine gun Kelly, Uh, we've had Titan players go do Hope hit me? He wants to go, y'all are waiting on me to send y'all a date right now? You hit me about that more than anybody will about to hit you, and d hop do you Hop?
Speaker 2: Hits me a lot?
Speaker 1: Like Yo? When am I going to the juvenile?
Speaker 11: Like?
Speaker 1: It's so cool to see that, you know. It's like, man, we never had nobody that cool come talk to us like me and MGK went in there the other day and played spades for four hours with every unit, no shit, clean house, running dimes on the doll you know what I mean. It was awesome, And it's like the coolest thing is most of these kids in here don't know either one of us. Really. They might have known him because he's like uber famous, so they know me because I'm local in the studios named after me in the facility. You know what I'm just saying. Yeah, they're not like Jelly. They're not there banging save me. You know what I'm saying. It's not a big hitting there. You never know, you know what I'm saying. But they watch me on TV. Now when I have an Awards show, they watch. That's why I shollowed them out to seemfts I need they'd be watching. But yeah, so it's I go in there because I just want them to see people that I don't know. Man, It be really just to see things you don't see before, like just people to go in there and treat them like humans or kids again, Like I'm just going to treat them like kids. I go play spades and talk shit to them, you know what I mean, Like it's fun. You know, that's what they need. We forget their kids. And you know, the coolest thing is Judge Calloway has been coming in there. She went in there when we did the songwriting program and wrote songs with the kids. She went in there when I went to see them last time to say hi and watch his play spades and Judge Judge, Judge Calloway is one of the judges at Juvenile Okay, you know how awesome that is for them to see her being a human, not this godlike figure and a gown and a gavel, and it's so good for her to see them be sixteen, right, you know what I mean empathy.
Speaker 4: I see all the people walking through her door every day. Eventually you get numb to it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and all you see, all you see, you don't see the agent think of them as a kid. You see specially aggravated robbery, you see attempted homicide, you see their charges. Because this juvenile down here is only houses serious crimes. It's like, when I take you all there, you'll see there's kids and they're looking at twenty thirty, forty fifty years. It's crazy. No sad, it's really sad. It's really dark. That's why I was for so many years. I spent years in that same facility.
Speaker 4: Music City Miracle, you watch it there.
Speaker 1: I had the funniest moment in there last week, Taylor. I'm talking to this kid and we're doing the music program and Ernest is up there singing or something, and he goes, why you do this? And I go why do I do what? He goes, why do you come here and sing for us? And I was like because I was here. He was like, oh, you were somewhere like this, and I was like, no, I was here.
Speaker 2: He was like like in a.
Speaker 1: Juvenile or a group home or something. I was like, here, motherfucker, right here, in this kitchen right here. I worked in there. I served food. A guy named Oscar was the kitchen I was in these cells. He was like, oh you were here. I was like, yeah, man, here And instantly I watched him look at me a little differently, right, you know, because it wasn't like I was from Minnesota or somewhere else, like oh no, no, I was in this juvenile you know what I mean. Once he got it took him so long. It also made me realize, you know, that's also so humbling for me. I'm going and serving dudes really, Like I said, they know me, but they don't. Wasn't its cool when I brought Joining and Lucas that was a big deal.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: When I facetimed NBA young boy in there, they lost their shit walks in They're like, whatever, you want to play spades, old dude?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 1: How's the case is that area?
Speaker 4: Is that all pretty much Nashville and Tennessee?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's all Nashville. You have a couple like from Columbia. They can't house them up there, uh, gallating if they can't hold them up there, if it's a serious charge from like a county.
Speaker 4: Over when you go when you go there, is it pretty much looked the exact same or there's been some upgrades, Like how does it feel walking back into that building after you exist so much time in there, it's exact same?
Speaker 1: Is that a good thing? It's kind of sad. Yeah, it's kind of sad. The good news is they've they've been approved because of the stadium moving. All that lands getting brought down eventually, so in the next three years they're gonna move to a new juvenile to Nice, which is cool because the county has agreed to let me get in early and build the studio in it from the beginning, so I'll be able to build a real stadium because right now we've had to put a studio in a concrete and steal closet in every unit, so I've had to build like five of them. There we're here, I'm gonna be able to build like real educational unit and education. I'm gonna be able to dump a couple million dollars into this place and really build it up.
Speaker 2: That's cool, man. Yeah, you bought up that new stadium.
Speaker 4: First concert, new stadium, Jelly Roll I have a twenty twenty seven.
Speaker 1: Can I tell you the craziest dream I have? This is like me dreaming big. I dreamed to be the last show at Nissan Stadium and the first show at Nissan Stadium.
Speaker 4: That would be hype.
Speaker 2: That wouldn't that be? Like? How much more poet it could it be?
Speaker 1: For the local kid.
Speaker 4: Time?
Speaker 1: I tell you what my big You know? You know I'm doing the stadium for CMAS this year Saturday night, the Saturday Night CMA. I'll do the thirty minute set. But I think we're gonna swing for it next year. Really, that's a breaking news to and.
Speaker 4: Concert.
Speaker 1: That's why everybody who wants to know why I didn't do Nashville this year wasn't because of the c m A fest. It was because I think next year I want to really go for it.
Speaker 4: If you're creating a lineup for that last one in the old Nisund Stadium, who's a lineup?
Speaker 1: Oh goodness, great question. Friends, It's like, who are the ideal is? You gotta bring Ernest God because he's a Nashville guy. That's like a must do.
Speaker 4: You know what you do?
Speaker 1: You got to bring all the Nashville guys to some capacity. So like Tenpenny, Chris Young, you know what I mean, like Dustin Lynch. The obvious is like all the Middle Tennessee guys have got to come straight in, you know what I mean? You know who's from Middle Tennessee. I didn't know it, and I was so embarrassed by this, the singer from Lady A Hillary. Oh for real, she grew up in Donaldson.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have no that's over my.
Speaker 4: They've been clean up for about two decades.
Speaker 1: Yeah, up, there a huge deal. Yeah, I believe her name is Hill.
Speaker 2: There's three of them.
Speaker 1: Their her name is Hillary. I'm sure I'm not butchering it.
Speaker 2: And uh.
Speaker 1: Yeah she's Uh she's from Nashville too, and she came to me the other day about that and just kind of we got to really talk about some Nashville stuff. So I do those. Then I would extend to the Tennessee portion of it. So I would love to have I don't know, if I blow this could be some of my tricks. So I can't give all these away. Yeah right, but I would reach out to my Memphis friends. I would have a couple of my Memphis friends come up and be surprised guests and i'd have a couple of my East Tennessee friends be surprised guests. Okay, I would reach throughout the state for sure. I'd make it a Tennessee thing.
Speaker 2: And I love it too because the people who are day one jelly roll people, they're already like, he's talking about so and so, He's talking about so and so.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I have no idea who's talking about Check you have any idea.
Speaker 2: From either East Sennac or Memphis.
Speaker 11: Oh No, I mean I can.
Speaker 4: I can probably guess on who's guests.
Speaker 7: Was thinking about that fucking freestyle you have we go my po ask. I swear to God that freestyle.
Speaker 11: My friends are watching it two weekends ago, like two am, and we're just like all stand up, but like it's just fucking so good.
Speaker 2: I'm proud of that. Freestyle stands the test of time.
Speaker 4: Record for the record, all of my old.
Speaker 2: Music did not stand the test of time. Record freestyle did.
Speaker 1: Dude?
Speaker 4: What was that transition like going from rap to country?
Speaker 1: It was easy because I was just starting to sing a lot more and play the guitar, and I was just I was growing as a human and as a man. And I don't want to say I was running out of subject matter, But I really felt what Andre said when he was like, man and my I think he's in his fifties now, late forties or whatever it is. He's like, what am I? What am I gonna rap about? You know, we're just understand we've never hip hop's like the UFC. It's not as old as we think it is. Like we look at the UFC, like this has been around one hundred years. People have been fighting forever, yeah, but the UFC has really been around thirty, yeah, twenty five something like that. Like if you compared to how long football's been around, people have been throwing leather balls and calling it touchdowns, you know what I mean. Like in comparison, the same thing happened with hip hop, Like we don't know what that tailwind looks like. We're just watching our first real generation of hip real commercial success, commercially successful rappers age the ice cubes, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Like we're just now seeing that happen.
Speaker 1: So I didn't even know how hip hop would age, to be honest, because all I seen was guys like jay Z at the peak when they were at their absolute best. Say I'm too old to do it. I'm done, Yeah, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I mean. So I kind of always had it in my head of like, okay, this is a young man sport, you know.
Speaker 4: One of the jay Z's best fuck you moments to me. And I just found out about this. The lead singer of Oasis Wonderwall. Have you seen that clip? This is he was headlining. He's headlining at a festival, and it's like it used to be like just a strict rock and roll festival, right, and jay Z is like the number one dude and the guy from Oasis.
Speaker 1: This is two thousand and eight in Glastonbury, by the way, It's one of the biggest festivals ever.
Speaker 4: Basically goes off on jay Z like this is about rock and roll, this is disgusting. Blah blah blah. That kind of goes in on jay Z. Jay Z opens his show singing Wonderwall. He comes out singing wonder and then then it goes I got ninety half problems with a bitch, ain't one and he goes into it. He's like obviously not playing the guitar, but this ship goes so hard.
Speaker 1: No, no, he's just being petty. This is how he started this show. Yeah, this is what makes him the king. We share a birthday, and I take pride.
Speaker 4: In that he turned that out. You turn that up, Jack the headphones, can you hear it? Put those headphones on, Jelly?
Speaker 2: Does Jelly have any Do you have phones?
Speaker 4: Yes, damn, Jelly, I had no headphones.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I know what he's doing here. I've watched this one thousand towns such a.
Speaker 2: Fan, So this dude's been talking ship to him. This is this is literally how he starts the show.
Speaker 4: And jay Z didn't say a word in the media. People, Hey, what do you think He ignored radio, ignored news, all that, and he comes out and just ships on this cat. But yeah, that's basically it. When he said jay Z, I was like, damn, that is awesome. Yeah, you also brought up our boy MGK, which I know you did me a solid. That night at the super Bowl, he was the first time him and I met. I think I told this already on the podcast. He was obviously going through some I think the thing with the UFC fighter Sean Sean Strickland, so he was kind of off do a little shoulder into me whatever, and I see Jelly roll a couple of nights later, and I was like, yeah, I madam K, because you know I'm a huge fan. I was like it was all right, blah blah blah. Fast forward two nights later, we're at Caesar's in this like private room and it's me and Jelly Dana Dana Squad and he walks in and I was like in the bathroom. Came back and this man was so fucking nice to me, to the point where he's like, yo, I'll send you my music, you can give me pointers and thinking Jolly must have.
Speaker 1: Seen he is like the most misunderstood dude, you know what I mean. You caught him in those moments where he's constantly misunderstood because he just doesn't understand this all still in his mind. He's like, I don't even know this UFC fighter, Like why would he even fuck.
Speaker 2: With me like that? You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's like, which I love Sean Strickland too, so it sucks to kind of, you know, I'm such a fan of both. But it's like MGK just looks at it like and he had the realist thing he said to me one time, he said, man, I just feel like if I didn't have make the fashion choices I made, I would have never caught all the ship I've caught, you know what I mean. He's like, I feel like I kind of get unfairly picked on just because I'm I'm you know, I'm artsy, you know what I'm saying. He's like, I'm uniquely myself. He's like, but like he's the sad thing. You might not know it he's, but he says it just like this. He's like, don't let the pain and nails failure. Like I'm like a dude's dude. He really is. He's like a go like wrestle with you in the yard, go party with you all night. Like he's like a dude's dude, you know what I mean. Like he's a funny kind of dude man, and he's a you've seen it that night. He's charming, he's funny. He's a sweet dude. But its headlines would have you believe he's a monster, you know what I mean. He's got a chip on his shoulder and there's a little bit of that. But he's also I remind people remember where people are from. This dude is from the east side of Cleveland, Ohio. I don't know if you've ever been to Cleveland, Ohio, except for the time you spent at the Brown Stadium, Yeah, but you've seen it.
Speaker 10: That was it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I'm willing that the sun wasn't shining a bunch.
Speaker 1: I love that city to death. It's one of my favorite places to play because it's hard working America. But it's a tough fucking town. Huh. But listen, I compare all those towns like that, that rust Belt. Pittsburgh's the same way. That's a tough town like which is why the shows are great. Truck Listen, this isn't a safe this is real. I would rather play anywhere in the Roust Belt than anywhere.
Speaker 2: L A and down.
Speaker 4: Damn, that's a shot of Arizona.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, no, no, I love Arizona to Arizona's I'm saying coastal coastal.
Speaker 4: Why I go to Ohio because of state and I went to Michigan.
Speaker 1: Sometimes those super major cities can be a little too cool for the show. Oh really, they'll enjoy the show. But like when you go play Indiana, they lose their ship on a Tuesday. Yeah, you go play l A on.
Speaker 2: A Saturday, they'll get out of their seat for seven songs.
Speaker 4: LA is gonna be one of the hardest places to play because everyone's in the music industry or the acting industry.
Speaker 1: Everybody thinks. That's why my success in Nashville is so mind blowing to people. That's why it's always been a big deal that I could sell tickets here because most artists can't.
Speaker 2: Really.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, so many people come in.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I hate to cut this off, but I have to pee so bad.
Speaker 1: Did you drink too much water? They're a big fellow. Yeah, I sucked me down a leader and feel great.
Speaker 4: Hey you with the sucking. That's that's the third time.
Speaker 2: No, I'm telling you, Yeah, what did What did you do to Willy this morning?
Speaker 1: Why was he pinn? Y'all drink last night?
Speaker 2: Or no?
Speaker 4: No, we did nothing. We haven't dode we drink at spring tour?
Speaker 1: Are y'all really? What are y'all doing right now? Like three pods a week?
Speaker 4: No, just one? We did our spring tour and our spring tour is like falcons we just did two weeks ago last week. That kid's a stud too. Talk about a kid who's just like what a cool person? Yes, he's awesome. Raheem Morris the head coach. He's like a dude's dude, like talking ship. We walked in the in the facility and he's legit like, hey, you guys, do whatever the fuck you want, Like we're like walking on the field while they're doing practice, and a lot of NFL teams do not do that. Then obviously Kirks the Man two. But we during those spring tours, we'll do like three episodes in the week. But right now, I mean it's Tuesday afternoons or Tuesday mornings is when you're gonna catch bus.
Speaker 2: With the boys?
Speaker 1: How was how was the ram one? It hadn't came out.
Speaker 4: Get oh, Ran, bro, you're gonna like Ran the way he talks about Rabel, how he left. I think the people listening now that one came out last week. But he was He's like one of those guys too, where with John Robinson, how he was a GM he kept it tight like the Patriots. They minutes like everything was like I needed need to know. Basis kind of kept to himself, kept a major like arms length with the players. With Ran, he walks into the facility, dude, and everyone's like loves him. He's sitting down, he's eating with the boys like it keeps it very personal. It's a completely different energy in the Titans facility right now, which low key being a Titans fan, did, you should be hype right now He's.
Speaker 1: Gonna be the man. I mean, I think will Levis has got the eye of the Tiger. I've said it from day one. Yeah, I really do. It felt really good to hear Callahan feel the same way whenever he said I think he said that was one of the things that made him want to take the job here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and the quarterbacks he's been before, Joe Stafford, get out of Stafford.
Speaker 2: Watch he's gonna go.
Speaker 1: I really think that. Not all right, We're gonna go to a practice sometime in the summer. Summer, I'll call, I'll text you to day you should come. Yeah, well we're gonna go there and just shoot content.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, that would be awesome. But uh, before Willie left, we were talking about MGK if you guys talked about changing genres? Was that anything he has?
Speaker 2: He was one of the ones that inspired me for sure. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Whenever he his his fearless tread in the rock about the same time I was releasing Save Me. It was so funny because two dudes that came up doing the same thing. And there was a time me and mg K had real beef.
Speaker 2: We were very compared. There was a time where there could only be one white rapper at a time.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: It's kind of that thing. And him and Yellow Wolf had.
Speaker 4: Problem in a different traps between the two for.
Speaker 1: Sure, Yeah, yeah, yeah, And I know him and Kills had their thing. But at the end of the day, I'm not gonna I'm not gonna you know what I mean, Like that dude is the fucking greatest of all time, period, no discussion, you know what I means.
Speaker 2: Over period.
Speaker 1: It's kind of like when Stapleton gets the best male vocalist and you're just like, we should just called the Chris Stables in the ward. He should give it away. That's what we did with him and m you know what I'm saying, Like we all know that. It's like, you know, but and back then we took you know, it's a bunch of street factors to it. We we only squashed the beef because some street dudes got together and was like, Yo, y'all need to figure this out because y'all are sucking up some money. We got some shit going on that this is interfering with outside of y'all being too goofy white rappers, you know what I mean. We were like, all right, Cole, So what was I was gonna say? I figure it out. I was a young, fucking hater and I thought I was just a loyal writer because you know whatever. But at the end of the day, I was just desperate, you know what I mean. Yeah, just fucking desperate, just being a fucking stone cold hater, you know, and had to call and be a man and say that one day, you know what I mean. But uh, and we've been cool ever since. Man, he's he's he's a he's a great dude. Man, that dude is as he's salt of the earth. I look, I'm hoping I'm encouraging him right now to go do long for him. I'm like, go do salts, Go do Joe, Go, go get on the bus, like go do the rounds, like go. If the world seen what I see, they would look at you different, you know what I mean. But they only see these real artistic pictures you post and these wild outfits and these headlines, you know what I mean. It's like they don't really get to see your heart and you've got such a good heart, Like, go show the world your heart. Like this dude flies to Cleveland every single weekend to watch his daughter play volleyball every weekend. Like won't tour do shows during volleyball season. Like it's just what he's on. That's just who that dude is.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, go tell that story, you know what i mean.
Speaker 4: Where's his hesitation from going and doing these long form shows.
Speaker 1: He's kind of getting willing to you know what I mean. He's just he's just you know, he's been misunderstood and outcasting for so long he don't even know how to approach it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's got to be hard. Man.
Speaker 2: If he's got like an introverted personality too, It's there's that fear of like if they're hating me like this, like what if I show them myself an yeah, they can actually hate you, right right?
Speaker 4: Yeah, because right now he can probably sit there and look all the hate and be like, well they don't really know meod the minute you allow them to understand you and hate you, that's a new fear on luck.
Speaker 1: And he's also growing. He's young man, he's a little younger than me, even like when Morgan had this incident with the barstool, I got to remind people that, like I could not as famous as I am today. If me and Bunny would have been this famous when we got together, we'd have gotten canceled immediately, for sure, canceled before cancel having for sure, we would have blown it. For sure, we'd have blew it. We'd got in trouble every way you can get in trouble. To Sunday, we'd have been I am not proud to say this, and this in the headline I'm looking for, but I have I've never thrown a barstool off one of those routes, but I've thrown shit off of them before. I've been drunk enough to throw a plastic cup, you know what I mean. Like, I'm not proud of that, neither in my early late classic cup big difference. But what I'm saying is is that you're not fucking far. We got escorted out by the police, you know what I'm saying. It's like I've gotten You know, we got in bar fights back then, like real deal, like we were we were living a totally different thing. We were like I just be patient, be graceful. You're talking about the most famous artists in America and he's thirty two years old and he's from spit Bucket, East Tennessee. Yeah, you know what I mean, Like I have a little grace.
Speaker 4: Which, by the way, that's one of your East Tennessee friends, you would call in to do the.
Speaker 2: Show taking those pieces out. Huh that weed you gave me.
Speaker 4: I'm in flot now.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you do right.
Speaker 1: But it is crazy and I and I'm not saying he was a talented but it's like, man, give my man, give my man for grace, y'all for sure. Also, thank god he blessed me because at thirty two years old, I'm not going to Congress and talking about fantah. Right, But at forty years old, I got a sixteen year old and I'm afraid of doing drugs. Yeah you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: You just life is more. His son's gonna grow, He's gonna grow. Man.
Speaker 1: Man, my man just made a bad mistake. He was over celebrating. Could you imagine being that famous.
Speaker 4: I'd be over.
Speaker 2: Celebrated too, you barstool downtown, Yeah, that was crazy. Like he catches a lot of heat too, because he's had some he's had some dust ups recently over the last couple of years, or yeah, what I'm saying. Then you go out, you're like, oh, I'm gonna go do rehab, like you're gonna go through all this stuff, and then you have an incident like the barstool, and you know, yeah, and you're that, like you said.
Speaker 1: The most Sultz when he came to town. Did y'all see that? No, side two things, sidebar. We'll get back to that. But because this is parallel Andrew Schultz hour that he's doing right now, the life might be the best. And I'm a comedy fan, he might be the best hour I've ever seen. Really, ship, I'm not bullshitting, And I went to I went and seen everybody Comedy Week, hung out with Tony Hinchcliff. Again, that's myme, one of my best friends. Tony Hinchcliff's fucking murderer. I got to watch him work out some of them roast jokes at the Ryman.
Speaker 4: Yeah, dude, it was so you obviously watched the roast. Oh god, how incredible. He owned the show and Will was talking to him. I didn't say what you were saying.
Speaker 2: Is the blog is gonna come out, right, because this will come out This CMA Fest is this weekend. Yeah, but he was at We were in Austin to do two Bears one Cave, and I was on before him. I did an hour with him. And then as we're sitting and eating, you know they have that comic Dave who does all the grilling, the barbecue and everything else. We're in there eating like, oh, Tony's next. So Tony Hinchcliff comes in and I'm like, oh shit, like I know you've heard this, but you obviously absolutely murdered it. It's been crazy to see you're just not overnight success, but the way that mainstream has seen you in your popularity in the last since then, And yeah, he was like, yo, step outside with me while while I ripped this dart, like when he's smoking cigarettes, like I'll be in there in a minute. We're just out there talking and he's telling me how he basically squeezed in more time of how everything unfolded during the roast because they were only giving him he could stand up and roast like the table he was at. And then he like kind of talked his way in the night before to do what he did. He knew in his mind he was gonna do that, but he had to keep it close to the vest because there's like, there's gonna be a situation where I walk up there on stage and I do everything that he basically did.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, he's uh, that dude owned the night to me. Him and Nicky owned it.
Speaker 2: And he even talks through that strategy because he's like, I'm two hours after NICKI, so you're feeling the energy in the room, and I probably wouldn't have done these jokes up front if I was at the beginning, or if I was right after or at a different time. He talks about the instinct and the field thing. Through it all, you can tell like he's I mean, he's I think eleven years, seventeen years in comedy, eleven years at the live show.
Speaker 1: He is one of the greatest comedians. I said this when I got to introduce him at Rhyme, And because we've become really good buddies. Is he has done more for new comedians in the last ten years than any comic ever.
Speaker 2: Has ever because of that sixty second.
Speaker 1: Because of that Kill Tony show, He's been put comedians on for a decade plus now eleven years he's been putting comedians on. His timing is impeccable, His reading a room, his roasting, he's one of the original roasters with Jeff Rosh. You look back at young baby face Tony Enscliffe just slaughtering people. But I think he owned the night for this reason. He was the one comedian that you could tell he didn't just make you laugh, He made you go. You know what I mean, right, every single just he's just Zach Kraw said it the best. He's a knife of a man is a knife of a man. And watching him walk and me being like really good friends with him when it was over, and then watching Kevin kick it back, like, hold on, we don't need to gloss by this one, y'all. We just watched something happen here. Let's let this simmer for a second. And you just watched all them comedians on stage loving on them. Yeah, he's even blushing a little bit. It was like clip this to me so I could sit at the Tony. Yeah, it's like, man, that dude watching him and I'm I'm looking, I'm seeing myself and all these parallel stories too. It's that like when he wins I feel like I want a little bit kind of thing right, And I think that's how y'all feel when I win. It's how I feel when y'all win, because I feel like we all kind of started not at the same time, but we were all at the same place around the same time, all hungry, y'all like trying to figure it out. He just moved to Austin about the same time y'all were busting the boat. And that's when it really started, you know, till Tony's been going, but it's when it started growing legs and getting bigger. Then we watched the bus grow. I've watched the same thing happened with Schultz. When me and Schultz wrote Opener up in twenty twenty. You know, he was doing two nights at Zanies. Miss Schultz is doing arenas everywhere in America and.
Speaker 2: Multiple nights.
Speaker 4: He's a stud too.
Speaker 2: He murdering, Yeah, murdering. He even talks about knowing him doing all the ust and everything else. He's doing it for the audience. That is like a part of his show. He knows there's there's so many people beyond the walls of it. Some of those jokes feeling uncomfortable, which is what we love. Is like you're sitting in there, like, man, you gotta wonder what the temperature is in that room, and these jokes are being said, but uh, he talks about it through that lens, like about how much of a of a game it is like in real time, like being an athlete on the field. And he's from Youngstown, Ohio, so we were connected.
Speaker 4: With yeah, which is already a poor sut of Ohio's got a couple of shotouts on this podcast.
Speaker 2: Man, he says, he says he runs his operations Detroit.
Speaker 4: I actually loved Detroit, one of my favorite places.
Speaker 2: Literally, But he was saying how he runs his operation like a college football team because you got the stoops, the Polinies that grew up in youngs a very hard nosed town. But uh, he was cool man, super nice.
Speaker 1: Dude, and he's an old school he's a comics comic too. Every night he's at that comedy mother ship and he's downstairs after a set, smoking a cigarette, talking to carry the bartender at Mitzi's and running back material with the boys.
Speaker 2: That's awesome, Like I get to sit in there and watch it every time I go.
Speaker 1: I've got to go I think four times this year already, just because we've been out there so much for different for the awards, and that's been a week out there for the CMTS. But I've you know, it's just he's just who he is. He lives in Yeah. I love people that live their craft. That's why we're all drawn to Ernest Or. Y'all are drawn to me like people who are like I love old school music men too, like them dudes that show up in boots and dusters and hats and they just look dirty and they'd be like, they've been playing guitar for twenty years straight.
Speaker 4: The best guitar players are there.
Speaker 1: I love those dudes. I love people that truly live their craft.
Speaker 2: You can tell his life is dedicated to that style of comedy for sure. Yeah.
Speaker 4: It's incredible to me because when you were talking about meeting Tony and I was like, yeah, it's crazy. This thing he did just blew up and he were telling me it was eleven years I so I fell a victim to seeing something that's now popular and not realizing how long it took to get to that point, which is so many things. I feel like casual fans of whatever don't see because he is.
Speaker 2: He is.
Speaker 1: Ten year overnight success store.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the ten year over ten year overnight success story.
Speaker 1: It is crazy, man, it's it's it's which is funny because it's fun to see you in that business now because y'all two came from the opposite business. Yeah, I guess it's what's it's still kind of the same though y'all played football for fifteen years for free, you know what I mean, before y'all went on for it to change your life and every way it could. But it's like the meat of your career is that twenty one to twenty nine, where like they say, an artist didn't hit his actual peak until he's like twenty seven. It's like the artistic peak, you know what I mean. So it's just it's just it's just a different game.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 4: It is a weird world. It's weird transitioning worlds too, like going from one to then now doing this I playing football forever, it's all, you know, because now.
Speaker 1: You're half a decade into the ten year grind.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: It is absolutely but you're already getting big calls, cool calls, really cools. Yeah, I tell you what, five years in, I wasn't getting cool calls. I can tell you that no cool calls were happening five.
Speaker 2: Years in for me.
Speaker 4: We will see. We will need you to watch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it comes out.
Speaker 1: I'm in God, I'm just I'm supporting you in general, but whatever.
Speaker 2: You know me speaking of cool calls. Our agent's on the way over.
Speaker 4: He's like out of breath, sprinting around there.
Speaker 2: Work Oh is he?
Speaker 4: Yeah? One on the other side had to bite a food so hungry I had one took a piss and climb what's up over here?
Speaker 2: Loves you?
Speaker 6: I love you.
Speaker 2: He's sprinting around the here like once it was I saw the group chat when I was taking a piss and it was like all right. He's like hey, I landed all head right on over and stuff like that, and Steve was like, okay, all good, take your time. The boys are in the middle of an interview with Jelly Roll and everybody's just hitting the chat like oh, Cline's gonna lose his mind, and he's like he's like, I'm out of breath, trying to get to my uber. I'm out of breath. I want to meet him.
Speaker 1: Was what he represents you' all on the book a lab booking side or he represents the bust and brand in general.
Speaker 2: Wo yes, friend, Yeah yeah, he loves agents. Yeah yeah. Our deals up, we got we got its contract.
Speaker 4: Year for the contract for the boy contract.
Speaker 1: Feel about it, solid, man.
Speaker 4: We kind of just do the content and then whenever the conversations come up, you just have the conversations. But then you had to put in your back pocket and just keep moving forward.
Speaker 1: Kind of circle back. But you know, me Andrew Schultz show, Yes, best show, best I've ever seen. And I'm sure he won't mind me stepping on this joke because I don't think he's gonna use it for his vescival obviously, but you know, he does kind of crowd work at the beginning of all his shows kind of what he you know, Schultz is just a sharp guy. He's just he's one of the best comedies comedians ever. And he came out talking about the Morton Wallens bit about you know, because it just happened. It was like the week up and he was like, we're not mad at him, though, right, he goes because we don't really know who he was throwing that barstool at. He said, if he was throwing in a bachelorette party. He is the hero Nashville.
Speaker 4: Needs, you know what I'm saying, the one we deserve.
Speaker 2: But then, but just here in him, just how sharp Shults is that? He just bro he he just seems so knowledgeable and he understands like enough, it feels like in every area of life to where you sit there, You're like, how does this man come up with all of this stuff? Yeah?
Speaker 4: It wasn't a show, is it?
Speaker 1: Flagrant?
Speaker 4: That's his podcast? Yeah, bro, it is so good and he's he just had a CIA operative on there for sure, x CI a guy and they're going back and forth the whole bunch. You watched that little thirty second clip showing you what the show is going to be about. Yeah, God damn, this is gonna be an awesome show. He does. He does a great job, very with it, very well spoken, very curious.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, he does a great job.
Speaker 1: His hours. It's one of the tightest hours I've ever seen.
Speaker 4: Really, you you did say it's the best hour.
Speaker 2: You've ever seen.
Speaker 1: It might be the best I've ever seen. It's in the top five. I'm high, so I'm I don't want to get hill number one ever, I will hold it. It's definitely a top five for sure when it comes out. I put it this way, there's two moments in it that I teared up. It's like it's it's a one man show almost, it's it was special man.
Speaker 2: We had the shot to go when he was he was at the Ryman. Was he at the Ryman? He was at the Grand ol opry House. Y'all should have came.
Speaker 1: I came out.
Speaker 2: There was something happening that weekend where we weren't in town, neither of us were because Derek posting. You know Derek, of course he was like, hey, you and the boys, you guys want to come out to shows the show. I was like, man, nobody's in town this weekend.
Speaker 1: Derek killed it that night too.
Speaker 2: Bro seeing even seeing him, he's he's been ascending, Like that's Darren Bates. That's like one of DB's best friends really, and he was on when My time on the Raw Room. And then we're over at a J's house one night, just cut it up and he's telling sal where he's like talking about cereals and scary movies and seeing like him and who's his? Uh, who's his? Like co host and his show, and I'm putting us on the spot there. But seeing seeing those two at that moment in time and now seeing the circles that they're in, like the circles that Derek come about Eric and Derek because Derek has a pot too. I know he kind of said, doesn't he sit in now on shows the show he's like part of the crew.
Speaker 1: Well he's been he's him and have been together for a while.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but seeing him in all those circles and then Rogan Tony Tony was bringing him up. Uh, It's just like it's it's cool to see because everybody in that community is like, you're one person removed from everybody. Man, who is this guy Derek Posting? Go ahead, bring it.
Speaker 1: He's a hoot and a half man.
Speaker 2: He was on here, dude. He was on the back of the bus when Shaub was on with a chamber and I that want that the very first time in summer you're number one.
Speaker 1: He was in the back.
Speaker 2: Dude. He's yes, he really is. Met and matter of fact, the Shaw when we went to see Shaw. But Zany's Posting was one of the openers. One of the three. Yeah, one of the three openers. No, he's super funny, and it seemed like he's like, you know, ascending ill.
Speaker 1: Another hour to watch right now on Netflix is Brian Simpson.
Speaker 4: Brian Simpson, pull him up.
Speaker 1: It's lab from the Comedy Mothership. It's the first one that He's the first one that came lave from the Comedy Mothership. He's one of the first ones to move down there.
Speaker 2: I got to say.
Speaker 11: So.
Speaker 1: The cool thing about this was it's on Netflix. I got to experience him in the club the first time, and he stole the night. Like I left. He had a bit I won't say it because it's on his special that he said. I heard it one time that night, and I've told it a thousand times probably to anybody who will listen. It's one of the funniest bits I've ever heard. It's just the one funny bit. It's whole The whole special is great. But he had a fifteen minute set on The Ron White Show the first time I've ever seen him. Yeah, and I thinking about that bit, you know what I mean, That's what I left thinking about.
Speaker 4: I wonder what those headliners think when they have a guy like that who just kills you really want him on your show. Yeah, people walking away not thinking about you, think about them instead.
Speaker 1: No, dude, they love that though it makes them step it up. I seen him talk about it in the green rooms. Really, it's the most comedians I heard. There's a lot of competition in comedy, but I've only experienced the groups of people that love each other. So when they're like no, trust me, comedy is not always like this, I'm like, it's all I've ever seen your homies. Yeah, My truth is the twelve friends I've made in comedy all love the funk out of each other, work together, boost each other up, and are all damn near arena acts, now you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they's got to be high school.
Speaker 1: What's like the music that's right, It's like this, Nashville is high schoolers. There's artists that you got clicks. There's artists that are you know, they're the homie songwriters are the same way. They're kind of all right with the same people. Don't let somebody in and out every now and then, rent, but it's.
Speaker 2: All click, You're right all high school, and then you kind of hate on the circles that are not in the circle.
Speaker 4: It happens always that always happens.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jilly Rolling GK prime example.
Speaker 4: Yeah right, not in the same circles at one point decide to hate on each other.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not even on each other. I was the hater.
Speaker 2: The sad part was I was.
Speaker 1: That it was all me.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm just saying. Damn.
Speaker 4: He said, you guys got a squad just beef And Mgk's like, what are you talking?
Speaker 2: He's like, why does this guy hate me? You know what he did?
Speaker 4: Get all those like all black tattoos.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he blacked to that. I probably butchered this right now, but I think it was somebody from maybe not Limp Biscuit, But uh, I don't know. This has been happening. This is an age old rock and roll thing. Ronnie radkeep my buddy from following the reverse has blackout tads. There's another big band that does it, twenty one Pile Paints. There's a bunch of bands that do that on stage that just pain. It's a thing what he did it for, and I appreciate this, And I don't know. I don't want to share his story. I'll let him share it. But this was more about a think him. He's transition. He's like that's not the word in this climate.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, definitely.
Speaker 1: He's making a big change in his life.
Speaker 2: Transition, don't do that to me.
Speaker 1: He's making big changes in his life. He's like really trying to become a new person. He's he's kind of been that I remember when I did it, you know what I mean, He's done it before, but he's shedding that last bit of that that old mentality away. And I think that was something to do with his tattoos.
Speaker 4: People a couple of years ago. Yeah, the right body.
Speaker 1: I think the first time I've seen Ronnie do it, I was insane. But hey, you know, I can also tell you I've thought about doing it. I hate so many of my tattoos. Not everybody had the privilege of like getting tattoos they love. Like we were getting scratched on. And Motel six is from a guy that made one out of dude. The one out of a guitar string and a boombox.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: It's like, you know, some of these tattoos suck.
Speaker 4: You know what my tattoo this is in town?
Speaker 2: Yeah, next one in.
Speaker 1: Town next week, next week? Does he do cover up? Well, we'll do it.
Speaker 4: Yes, man, I'm to start covering up all that tribal and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, look, I'd let him do anything because I've thought about it too.
Speaker 4: Man, I think it kind of goes there's parts of to me, I wouldn't get the tattoo, but I think it kind of looks hard.
Speaker 1: I think it's.
Speaker 4: Fucking guys.
Speaker 1: No, not at all, bro.
Speaker 2: I would love to hear the story.
Speaker 12: Behind the will has gotten you hear me will reverse. He's got him to and I hate to make you do this cat Bondi's blacked out, like if he's.
Speaker 2: Trying to like cover up cats. There's also the procedures where you can get removed.
Speaker 4: You know that sh hurts.
Speaker 1: So he went blacked out too.
Speaker 4: I mean that is a neck on that thing.
Speaker 2: So man, you think that goes hard?
Speaker 4: I think certain spots like I think like, have you had a piece of your form that was all blocked out?
Speaker 2: There's another rock man that's I don't want to think.
Speaker 1: I don't think it was.
Speaker 4: But he's got the body.
Speaker 1: He got.
Speaker 4: Big peace body type.
Speaker 2: Is that true? Tray Cyrus blackout too.
Speaker 1: I haven't been on social media in a while. It looks like Tray Cyrus over there to the left. Is that trace? No, it's not true.
Speaker 2: Jesus Christ say, hey, that's spooky.
Speaker 1: That's what that is.
Speaker 2: I forgot who it was.
Speaker 4: I don't know about the body Minds.
Speaker 1: And I'm telling you, twenty one Pilots there's been a lot of bands that paint for like, uh like shows, so that's kind of always been a rock and roll thing.
Speaker 4: Twenty one Pilots car radio that song that music video goes so hard.
Speaker 1: Twenty one Pilots slaps period. Yeah, they're just fucking dope.
Speaker 2: I love it. An MC and a drummer like what a cool little two man crew? Do you know what I'm saying? Gangster all school just.
Speaker 1: Like yo, we don't need a lot. Their production is always crazy?
Speaker 4: Is it nuts?
Speaker 1: Their production? How much thought projects do you put into that with your production tons. I'm doing my first real arena tour this year. I've done arenas and amphitheaters last year. But because you're going from an arena to an amphitheater, there's only one way you can build a stage in an amphitheater. It's the stage. They're all pre built. Yeah, there's no you can't. You know what I mean, like so, because I'm doing all arenas now, I've got to like make some cool decisions. We'll talk about loft camera, but I've got to make some like that whole arena becomes a canvas for you to a degree, you know what I mean, Like you've got sixteen twenty thousand seed arena that you're like, I can put a stage here, I could put something up here, I could do something here.
Speaker 4: I can have a light go here, I could you know. It's like it's cool get the butch. Know when you've got that golf cart to go the other side. Yeah, he's got a ship. He's got to get that.
Speaker 1: And I hit to pop up with the boom.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm saying that did go crazy?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 7: We got that?
Speaker 2: What else? What else? Yeah? What else? Are you working on? The album?
Speaker 1: New music? Like I told y'all, new music most important thing I want to talk about. If I I'm I need to start talking about music again. I've been talking about I told the jelly Roll story for like two years because nobody, you know, I was introducing myself to the world and then I got Now I get caught up in like the headlines and like what's happening currently, Like I needed to start talking about music. It's time to start really talking about music.
Speaker 4: Yeah, with it with your new album, Like how closer.
Speaker 1: Man, it's done. I just need to figure out what songs I'm keeping thirty songs, Yeah, I always been done. I just don't know what song I'm putting on it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm that is there is there like a number of range that you want to I want to do.
Speaker 1: Like twenty something this year because I think Morgan had it right. I think Morgan's feeding the consumption the right way, you know. I think that they dropped thirty six songs last year. He's already teasing new singles, dropped like a four pack on YouTube. Did the post single already? Like he's it's the song of the summer that Andy or the song.
Speaker 4: We were banging that on the way back to Atlanta Bang. People hate on it too. He just played on basement right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good, which is good for him. I'm proud of him to have the song of the summer, the biggest dream song in America right now, and to still go out and play clubs. It shows your integrity. Yeah, because it's like he knows he's got to learn the road. He's a great guy, y'all text me about him, and I didn't know him much at the time, and I was like, I don't know. And then I got to really spend some time with him at the ACMs. He is he is a great, great guy, like young, charismatic, just handsome, fun, just good energy. So we ACMs. We ended up at this after. We had a little party after and uh, you know, I'm old school man. We do the no phones thing, yep. So we're in there just you know, you know, we're doing our thing, right, We're having a good time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And uh, there's a moment where I look up and it's me Camee Brown playing against Jason Alden and Post Malone and beer pong for like ten k or something, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Like it's like a real game and the whole the bar is full and everybody's there and full disclosure. And I hadn't shared this shit. I had never played beer pong, right, I mean, I didn't go to college or nothing.
Speaker 4: And gave you don't know how to play well.
Speaker 1: I knew something most people. I knew Post was really good, and I knew Kane was really good. And then I had to cipher as to which one was more competitive, and in my heart, I knew it was Kane because Post is just a real love not the knees, not a loving guy. But Post is just like a real like you know, he's a competitive guy when he plays, but he's fun. Kine is a fierce competitor, you know what. I didn't come here to have fun. I came to fucking beat you.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. So I was like, I'm a Kine, you know what I'm saying this, And Kate was like, Post is good, I'm good.
Speaker 1: Al Dean's mid, You're mid. And I was just like, all right, I'll take me. And I'm thinking, I don't have never played, but I don't disclose this right. And I got the picture because we Al Dean's photographer took a couple of pictures, but it ended up being I don't even know how I got Bunny Trail, Oh, Shaboozy, That's how I got here. So we're playing. We're having the best night of Peer of Bark and Shaboozie's just he's like the life of the party. He's cutting in and throwing for posts.
Speaker 2: He's just fun.
Speaker 1: Everybody instantly loves him, Like he's got that natural walks in the room and you're like, I like this guy. You know what I'm saying. It's just naturally that thing, you know, Like he's a great guy man.
Speaker 2: In the k Yeah, but Caine did funk.
Speaker 1: I didn't do anything any I made three out of thirteen or something. I did something. Caine carried me though. But the next game, Kane stepped out and Shaye Mooney stepped in, and I dropped like eleven cups. Once I figured out what was going on, I was bald, no ship. Yes, I I'm instantly good at it.
Speaker 4: I don't know what it is.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's just, you know, maybe I was just high enough. It's just a lazy enough sport that works for me, you know what.
Speaker 4: It's just fucking that I never heard of played for ten k It's a real thing. It happened, and I know he posted like a game show. At one point he was playing beer games of people.
Speaker 2: Him and Kane were.
Speaker 1: It was almost like watching a different language be spoken, like the way they would talk about the symmetrics of the game. They'd be like, uh, He's like, you get what you want to use?
Speaker 2: One of them.
Speaker 1: I was like, yeah, but I want to do a two three one two, and he would set the cups up. You know what I'm talking about?
Speaker 2: Sound fire.
Speaker 4: Time.
Speaker 2: I haven't told it.
Speaker 1: They're gonna learn this.
Speaker 2: Let me get it. Let me get a zipper, let me get a zipper with those They're.
Speaker 7: Gonna learn this.
Speaker 1: Watching this, I had no clue what. I just went along with it, like, yeah, for sure, never played in my whole life.
Speaker 4: There's these brothers on Instagram, the ones they did that the Little Side. I think they do a whole deal about beer pong and how they all the aggressive setups you can do. But the three two one two, give me that your mother's daughter? Yeah, those cups?
Speaker 1: We did a Mario flag, Yeah, there was a good one. A Mario flag was a fun one.
Speaker 2: What is that? I don't know?
Speaker 1: Two and three I don't remember, dude. I listen now, keep in mind, I'm learning this be like like a three in the morning after I just want a fucking award. I'm crank.
Speaker 2: Yeah you know what I'm I'm fucking I have the lights are all but nobody was home. You know what I'm saying. Definitely one of those what's the monro Jack. What's the Mario flags? Gotta be the three with two extra, like if there's five, you know what I mean? Yeah, yeah, okay, I'm gonna take that little pointy flag. That's a nice Mario. Yeah no, I said, because Cane called for it, give me the Mario flag.
Speaker 1: And Post looked disgusted, and I was like, this is deep, this is this is deep. Right then I looked at Aldi and I was like, I hope al D knows as much as I know. And I could tell he knew some ship, and I was like, I really don't know what's going on.
Speaker 4: Keep it close to your vest though. You heard him give them the Mario flag. Yeah, it sounds like we should reach out to Cane and Post Malone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Beer Game for Beer Olympics. Excuse me, games keep calling it the We can't call the BO no more. Now.
Speaker 4: Well, the real O is this year, so I feel like there's some copyright things. Yeah, it can really come after it since it's so official. Tighters build Beer Games Championship with the world.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how do y'all feel about it? I know y'all have had some drops, some come, some go. How's it balancing out?
Speaker 4: I think based in the last couple of years and how we're gonna release it, how we're.
Speaker 2: Gonna roll this one out. Yeah, there's at it. It's going to be.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be so much more than just drinking. Like the first night, there's gonna be the gambling, the Dana White, the Tunnel of Chaos type vibe.
Speaker 2: We have it themed out, yeah, like we're doing the whole.
Speaker 4: High Roller room and we're all busting with the boys, all all that stuff. So it'll be really cool. And then obviously your concert.
Speaker 2: At the end, Yeah for sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the beer games will be out there by that pool.
Speaker 2: Everything. Stuff's shrubs getting put in.
Speaker 1: Oh dope.
Speaker 2: So'll happen at the pool and then they'll clear it out and let patrons.
Speaker 4: In, patrons and let them get after. Yeah, we just have one little section of the pool. The pool is still in republic, but it'll be high enough so people can't see in. It's gonna be a nice little setup.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I love Red Rocks anyways, for y'all to meet you, and then I meet you at the other spot. But I went in there and won immediately. Yeah, me and Cody exposed when in there.
Speaker 4: And one Hey, that was where you at all, I'm a red rock. You coming, Yeah, I'm coming. Three hours go by. Then hits me he come to Caesars. I was like, all right, I guess Jelly's not coming. Literally getting the carm halfway the Caesars.
Speaker 2: Hey, where you're at?
Speaker 4: I just got here, I said, this is where I'm Matt. Yeah, so he can met us up time.
Speaker 1: Today.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, we're joking about the times and stuff in our group chat yesterday you said like we got twelve third and expect one or twelve.
Speaker 1: Expect we'll go.
Speaker 4: Aha, Twelve'll fully expect the twelve.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how is your changed? No, just the routine when you wake up has changed.
Speaker 1: The routine has changed. And and I'm what I am now willing to do is I used to be totally anti this, but days like today, I sacrificed a little sleep to make sure I got my morning in. Yeah, and I'm okay with it. I used to be like sleep is more important than that. I was like, you're gonna die in your sleep of.
Speaker 2: Sleep?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, it's like nah, they losing weight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let me fucking quit making that. I'm eating a cookie, Like, oh, I got sleep. You know it's important enough.
Speaker 4: It's a legit, like a religious thing for you. You gotta do it every single day.
Speaker 2: I love that said.
Speaker 1: I'll take like one day off a week, or even then I'll still do one of I'll probably do something, you know what I mean. Or I'll take one or two days off. I'll take two to three days off the walking portion, just because I'm still so big that if I try to walk six days a week, it would just beat me to break so many pairs of Ye.
Speaker 2: The worst part is my wife put me on blast.
Speaker 1: She immediately commented under it when it was going viral. She was like, he also does this with shirts. She was like, shirts and boxers, and that's all true.
Speaker 4: You love how Bunny just doesn't give a funk about the noise.
Speaker 1: Bunny doesn't care about that.
Speaker 4: She's maybe the number one savage in the world.
Speaker 1: Yes, dude, she's the greatest woman ever and she doesn't care about She will, first of all, she will clap back. Be careful coming for Bunny, she will fire. You know what I'm saying, said something about me. I thought it. It's the coolest thing ever.
Speaker 2: What is Bill? Maher? Did you not read this?
Speaker 1: No, you'll pull up the New York Post what Bill mar said about jelly roll. Please, I'm sorry not to tell you what to do, Jack, but this is fucking.
Speaker 2: Really and just knowing and going off of how bad as your wife is, Like you, I have such that vibe about her to where I'm not even nervous when I text like, Hey, we're trying to hit up jelly roll. This is what we're trying to get done. What do you know? What can you tell me? She's like responding, Yeah, I'm about to go on the podcast. I'll hate you after it hits me. After she just handles her business.
Speaker 1: Bro, she's all business man. So he did a New York Post art article. In one of the headlines of it was no, that's not the one it's up. It'll be Bill maher New York Post. But there's a quote in there where he says, we're all jelly roll now, we're all sloppy, complicated and contradictory. And I thought that was awesome because he referenced it to like eight fifty percent of Democrats, sixty percent of Democrats own a on her live with a gun owner, and two thirds of Republicans agree for legalization in marijuana. He's like, at least Jelly rolls honest about his contradictions. Yeah, he's like, so the world's kind of my wish the world would be more like Jelly.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: He was kind of saying, but like but but it was a real backhanded, fucking compliment, right.
Speaker 4: He said it in the mean way, but think part of them.
Speaker 1: He's also a comedian. It's like Mia Saults laughed about it because sults like he said, you were like every man. I was like, exactly, I thought it was the coolest thing ever.
Speaker 2: You're the relatable guy in the middle.
Speaker 1: My wife immediately shot at him. She went straight online and lit Bill.
Speaker 2: Maher up it was and I was and I was, I was like, you know what, I'm gonna let you do you But I think he was right ahead and I'm not gonna get in your way. But to be honest, I think it's all good.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Did he had a good He's got a show too, he did with Bill Burr.
Speaker 2: And Bill.
Speaker 1: Yep, it's the next one down. You'll see it.
Speaker 2: Or did you say my name in that one? We're all now, we're sloppy.
Speaker 1: Complicated and contradictory, two thirds of Republican voters support weed legalization of forty one percent of Democrats owner live with someone who owns a gun. Miss Marvel is Pakistani. The winner of the last two NBA Dunk contest is white. The new Captain America is black, and Spider Man is black and Puerto Rican.
Speaker 2: So anyways, he's guys who won the dunk contest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got to put that up.
Speaker 4: We gotta take that anyway, dude, Johnny, keep up with that dunk the dunk contest. So, yeah, that is sick that Well, just saw two white guys went down to bringing towards that. Cooper Dean, I got to go this year. White guys are making to come back in sports. Yeah, and as not any type of way other than hell yeah, comeback and sports.
Speaker 2: He said, that's not any other kind of weight.
Speaker 4: But that's kind of dope sitting here as a white guy. All right, Cool, we are athletic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like that. We're not dying. I know.
Speaker 4: We had a corner get drafted in the first round of the drafts.
Speaker 2: You see that, no second, Oh, you're.
Speaker 4: Right, because I forgot I.
Speaker 2: Gotta do Yeah, we gotta do. You gotta do bad yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Thought, man, I mean that is crazy that a corner is a white corner in the NFL, right now, that's the crazy ship ever, the new world you're living in. We can't about it.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna put this thing in reverse. We're gonna get then out of this subject.
Speaker 1: And if we got yeah, shout out Max Cross that's what That's what I got for this segment. Shout out to my homie Max. You know, no doubt, no doubt.
Speaker 2: So Pittsburgh's good, Cleveland's good. You hate the choice, Let's get into that. What else can I say to.
Speaker 4: Guys?
Speaker 2: Can't say words now, I've don't step off of the before you pussing cubs.
Speaker 11: And I don't know if Willi and Taylor saw this, but I guess Bunny caught Bailey sneaking out on cameras and they're just like crawling through the grass.
Speaker 1: She got like eight million views.
Speaker 2: Yeah she was. She did a barrel roll like in the army. Yeah, this this my house is funny. Man. Watch just oo oop little crouch tiger crawl.
Speaker 4: They think they're getting out of there, I really thought, and.
Speaker 1: I watched the disappointment.
Speaker 2: Damn yeh security's sending them right back home.
Speaker 1: Security.
Speaker 2: I don't know what she was thinking. So she gets down the driveway and he's like, Yo, the fuck are y'all going on every camera? He's so gangster that that he goes. I won't tell him till tomorrow. Get yours.
Speaker 4: That is hilarious, man.
Speaker 1: This formula to sixteen year old the farm?
Speaker 2: You know what you got here?
Speaker 1: Five hundred acres? Me and Bunny just went to look at it. I actually was I just the call I was having while I was ten minutes later. I was here on time, but I was talking about this farm.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna snip it up.
Speaker 1: It's pretty much done. What are we gonna do with it?
Speaker 2: I'm torn? Man.
Speaker 1: We put the bus, yeah, wherever y'all want. The way it's divided is there's three ridges, divided by two creeks like this, an upper and a lower, and there's three entrances to the property. I think the side with two entrances, I'm gonna build a family compound, and on the other one hundred acres, I'm gonna subdivide and make a you know, make a play.
Speaker 4: No ship, you a better go off that property high. I think so hey, that is nice.
Speaker 1: I think, so got some Look at it's beautiful man, some hunting land out there. Man, five hundred acres comp Dude, I cried, it's unreal. It's like, I mean, that is the dream.
Speaker 2: That is unreal.
Speaker 1: Man, that awesome I had.
Speaker 2: I have a rich uncle.
Speaker 1: His name's Uncle Beefford Man. He's been really good to me my whole life. He just made really good decisions, owned a dry cleaning company, saved his money. Right, he bought like four or five hundred acres in Williamson County thirty years ago, so you know what that's worth now. Crazy. And when I was a kid, the first time I ever shot a gun, I went and shot it there, and I remember leaving and leaving and I asked my father, I'll go, man, how come we don't have one of those? He was like, well, just just wasn't in our cards. But if you ever want one, you just got to you got a plan for it and make the right financial decisions to get it. Then ever since then I wanted one, I was like, I want a farm. I killed my first quail out there, learned how to ride a four wheeler out of that farm. You know, my dad me and my dad go out there all the time. And Beaufort didn't even live out there back then. It was something else he believed in. Was like he bought the farmers the dream. He just let it, you know, had like a little farmhouse on he was just like one day, yeah, you know, and now him and his wife live out there and that's where you know, the end of their life there in their late seventies. But it's really cool. So yeah, just getting to do it was like, yeah, this is it. But if I keep being successful, I'm gonna build three or four houses in the studio and move my whole family and have a little jelly roll neighborhood and the other side and make a little play.
Speaker 4: That's awesome, man.
Speaker 1: It's cool. It's cool to see Bunny get excited. When we pulled in. She was like kind of lacklesser. She's also from the desert. Yeah, like I want like, you gotta remember that you're from Texas but went to school in Michigan.
Speaker 4: Arizonaol in Michigan.
Speaker 1: Arizona went to school in Michigan. You know a little bit about the desert, so you get this too, Like, but you got to see more of the Green Side of America.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she grew up in a desert, you know what I mean, so like her still.
Speaker 1: The first time we did a show in Indiana, I remember her filming the trees because she was just like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, snow and just having all those bullshit pictures in your Yeah, a little bit of snow, and so she kind of get in.
Speaker 1: But when we got up on that first ridge and it just opened up, it was like the light of God. Ah and she I just watched her. She said, Oh, we gotta do this. And I was like, I told you, man, we turned the gator off. No noise, pollution. Couldn't hear a highway, you know, you don't hear nothing but just nature, genuine nature.
Speaker 2: I was like, this is what we need. Hell, that's awesome, man. It's yeah. Before we get off here, anything for us to look forward to the CMA Fest. You're gonna make another speech.
Speaker 1: Well, I can tell you this. At CMA Fest, I'm gonna bring out a guest. I'm gonna have a real special set. It's gonna be my first time playing the big stage at the stadium. Last time I got to play the satellite stage. So it's gonna be a really really really big thing. We're playing Saturday. We got the best night. I'm hosting the whole thing for TV and Astony McBride or we're hosting the because they do CMA fes becomes a TV show and we're hosting it.
Speaker 4: No ship.
Speaker 2: Call the other day. Our scriptwriting call is fun.
Speaker 1: It's cool. She's fun too. I don't know if y'all ever met Asty McBride. She's a real bad ass.
Speaker 4: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: I have not met her, unless that she's been one of the softball games, because we'll be doing that. Actually, by the time this comes out the day after we had a great time. We had a great time.
Speaker 1: This is a great week. So this is c M a fest week my I don't think they're live stream my set, but it will be on the show portion that will come out in a couple of months. And if you're in Nashville, come see at the stadium all weekend. It's a really really come see us Nissan Stadium. Uh jelly roll hardy. I mean, dude, I can't even remember the lineups.
Speaker 2: Insane.
Speaker 1: It's cm as the biggest line up on her had a banger come out to Keith Crazy Nuts Cycle his whole news, his whole new project is awesome. He literally does it the way he wants to do it. It's so cool to watch you at Kelsey Brothers, Osbourne, Cody Johnson, my boy, Cody Johnson. He's fucking one of the greatest dudes ever. Ash McBride, Parker, Megan Maroney, John Party, Carlely Thomas, Rhett Keith, Urban, Warren Tree, Laney, Bailey Zimmerman. It's a big.
Speaker 2: Weekend that.
Speaker 1: It is a big and there's a bunch of special guests you won't see that are all through out there.
Speaker 4: Man, what's that of Tennessee?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: I don't know if there are any vene them are from Tennessee. I think these are awesome Georgia.
Speaker 4: Dude, trying to figure out, try to figure out who could be that lineup?
Speaker 1: This is like, my guest is different. I got a different thing going on. But what the festival itself does. Guess like there's people that are gonna come out that you're gonna be like, no way I thought this dude was gonna be here.
Speaker 4: No ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, they do it right. When I'm going to this. Since I was a kid, by the way, I used to call it fanfare and did it at the fair grounds. You just stoodn't line and waited for autographs. You know, no pictures or nothing. You didn't have a camera. You just went up they had the dude, looked at you, signed his name and handed it.
Speaker 4: Dude, the best night in that. Talk to me about Ernest. Dude, we know Ernest has the most talent in the world. When is my man gonna get his shot and be like triple platinum, no Number one song? When's that coming from him?
Speaker 1: It's on the way.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: It's so close. Ernest is so close to it. As an artist. The thing about Ernest is is he serves two masters. Ernest is still writing the biggest hits we're hearing, you know what I mean. Yeah, But the thing about Ernest is he's still servicing hits to everybody else, you know what I mean. So he's serving two masters. He's still the go to guy in town to bring into a room if you need to get one across the line. Yeah, you know what I mean. And that's paying a lot of the bills too, So he's kind of struggling. I tell you what I am trying to do. And you should harass him about this. We should corner him. I'm trying to bring him on. Fuck it, I'll say it here. We are adding fifteen seventeen shows to my tour. My first arena tour was scheduled to be forty two cities and they're already almost completely sold out. So we're adding like another fifteen. But this won't come out for another few weeks, which now y'all know though it's coming, But for those fifteen days, I couldn't keep warning in Alexander because they had already had previous commitments for the extra seventeen, it might be twenty days between us. No shit, yeah, and uh so I'm calling Ernest like come.
Speaker 2: He's like, I don't.
Speaker 1: I can't tour the way you tour. He really anchors himself down into a normal life Monday through Wednesday, like he'll go write songs, but he's there with Delaney, they're gardening, he's with Rhyme, and he's like super dad, super husband. He lives like he's like fucking you know Batman, right, you know what I'm saying. It's like and then he puts on the Batman outfit on Thursdays and goes and he's Ernest Thursday, Friday, Saturday where when Jelly Row leaves for a tour, kissed the Laney and ryman or put him on the bus. But you're not coming home for forty five days. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: It's like, I just do it.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. Ernest is like, I can't do that. I was like Quip being a puss. I'll have a nurse, We'll get IV's. You know what I'm saying. We'll be okay, We'll be all right. If I can do it, you can do it.
Speaker 2: So we need to corn him and get him on this.
Speaker 4: Get him one.
Speaker 2: Be huge dude.
Speaker 1: And I like, do it with your friend, man, why not you do the reason he tours with Morgan, It's the reason I'm going out and doing five shows with more in the summer. So we're with your friends, man. It's the reason I open up for Eric Church all the time. It don't matter how big I am.
Speaker 2: I want to go be with my friends.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Why in the from a game standpoint of music, why wouldn't Ernest start keeping those hits for himself.
Speaker 1: I think he's just got such a good flow over there, and I think Ernest ain't in a rush to be a celebrity. To be honest, I think Ernest is just like, man, I'm just he's gonna do it his way. He's not gonna do any of the another part of it too, if we're gonna be frank with each other as the traveling you know what I mean, Like he's really he really is honest with me when he's like, yo, man, like I like being just a normal dude. Three days a week, I go right from nine in the morning to three in the afternoon. I stop by Losers and have lunch, drink a couple of beers, go home to my wife. He's I got a really cool thing. Then I can go be a rock star with my best friends on the weekends, you know what I mean. Where it's like I'm like, I'm like, oh, we're doing busting with the boys. To stay cool.
Speaker 2: We let's sueeze in Kimel while we're on that side of the coast, and let's do this while we're out there, you know what I mean. Like I'm just in constant, Like you know, I'm more like Burt.
Speaker 1: In constant. Go. So I think Ernest is really cool, just writing songs, and he I love that. Ernest is willing to die on the hell of his own artistic sound. He doesn't want to make commercial records. He loves making old country, Roberts Western world kind of records. He's not looking for something to get played at Dirk s Bentley's. He's looking for something to get played at Roberts. You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: He's just got it. He just loves the old feeling of this old sad. I was listening to it last night. That record with him and Laney is just so old school country. I could if I would, but I can't, so I won't, but I won't to, you know what I mean saying like, just fucking what a fucking genius.
Speaker 4: You know he really is. So he's so talented, and that's.
Speaker 1: Real, Taylor. They don't joke when Garth Brooks said he started that radio station so people could hear country the way it's intended to hear. I'm dealing with this now that I've become an international artist. You get outside of America, they immediately won't play anything on any radio station or play listing in other countries that has a pedal steel on. It was that you got a fiddle or a steel guitar. It's just two country.
Speaker 2: Really.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a true story. And Earnest his whole album is fiddles and steel guitars.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean. For me, it was like I took the fiddle off of Need a Favor and just sent it. I was like, okay, cool, we'll just send it out to Done No None No no.
Speaker 1: No, which is actually a fiddle with voices over it, but there was a fiddle behind it doing and we from Need a Favorite, so we had to take it off or international radio was like we won't play it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that is wild, all the all the nuances of music in the business side, no doubt.
Speaker 2: Mit, you got a twisted question.
Speaker 4: God damn it, Jack, you got tear talk.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the tier talk. There's a couple of options.
Speaker 11: One with stern Round, which I funk is just kind of a loo hanging through like top three artists. I think we're better than that. Another one that we would have to take some time and think about. But you could create three fictional band names and then you give like an idea of what the band is, and then you rank them like hypothetically, like you're like your favorite, our.
Speaker 1: Own made up band.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that would be hard to talk. That'd be a hard tear talk.
Speaker 7: I know that's something I we need. You might need a little more preparation for or you go best condiments.
Speaker 1: Oh, I believe it or not, I'm any one of those three can work for me. Let's and I've got three fucking I got three artists of all time, that's all.
Speaker 2: Here's a question, James, Jim and Bob Baby, James, Jim and Bob, you can.
Speaker 11: Write a song with anybody dead or alive hit hit record number one?
Speaker 7: Who are you taking?
Speaker 4: That's a twisted question.
Speaker 1: That's our twisted question. If I could write a hit song with anybody dead or alive, dead or alive. There, he's still living. I would love to sit down and watch the way James Taylor writes songs.
Speaker 4: Why is that?
Speaker 1: It's just different man. You know, he taught himself the guitar, so he plays like weird shapes, like different shapes than most people play. And his his songwriting is just style has always been so abstract. He's just He's my favorite songwriter. Him, Jim Croachey, Bob Dylan, those are my favorite songwriters of all time. So I'd love to sit down and and I think he would give me more. I'd love to see how Bob writes a song. But I could imagine Bob kind of being tough, you know, just kind of He's so elusive and doesn't talk.
Speaker 2: I couldn't see him being.
Speaker 1: Really engaging where I could imagine Jim looking at me like, what do you think if we turn it around like this and we went you know, I'd.
Speaker 2: Love to hear how he structures out his songs.
Speaker 1: That'd be really crazy. Thank you. Twist the tea for my twisted.
Speaker 2: Question fire good friend Anna, the one are your condiments? Will you can do tournaments? I don't know if I'm ready yet, but I can be ready. Do you have yours?
Speaker 4: Do you know yours? I can probably do my condiments? Tournaments is like mustard mayo.
Speaker 11: Yeah, We're not like Chick fil a sauce or like any like commercial kind of sauce. It's your strict condiments you find in the side of your fridge.
Speaker 4: Where do we stand undressing? Is that a condiment?
Speaker 7: I would say that if you're trying to put a ranch in there, I would.
Speaker 4: I'd let that all right, I'm ready. You just needed the ram that's all I need to hear. Yes, absolutely, I'll go first, since well the still working on it. My tier.
Speaker 1: Are you googling condiments right now?
Speaker 2: Will please don't please don't interrupt my process, But yeah.
Speaker 4: Sometimes you ask you from the heap O. My tier three is going to go to the honey mustard. I think a lot of times it's a great dipping sauce. You can put it on a sandwich. It's got a lot of different lanes that can live in. Honey mustard to me is fantastic. My tier two is going to go to barbecue sauce. Just as long as we've all been alive. You get a chicken sandwich and you throw a little bit of barbecue sauce on it, you're just not there's no way to get better.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: It's just a nice barbecue. You can sandwich, boom in and out, southwich, you can sandwich. There's gonna be a spicy barbecue on there. So many different varieties and taste and ingredients, whether it's vinegar or mustard or tomato. You have your bases. But barbecue sauce goes hard so much so that there's cults, like there's Kansas City Barbecue. There's Texas Barbecue, There's Memphis Barbecue, North Carolina Barbecue where everybody stands what's up Nashville Barbecue. Everyone plants their flag on the ground, they say ours is the best.
Speaker 1: What's your favorite barbecue?
Speaker 4: I was hoping you won't ask me that my favorite barbecue is gonna be a honey barbecue. Like I lean towards a sweet more than anything else. Also, I'm a big fan of the Alabama White, Alabama White, for.
Speaker 1: I think it business alone.
Speaker 4: And my dear one is going to go to my gods here, which is ranch. I think there's two kinds of people. There's people that enjoy ranch and there's people that are dead to me that enjoy blue cheese. And those people can go fuck themselves disrespect, but disrespect ranch is to me the best condiment you can have dipping.
Speaker 2: I love that list.
Speaker 4: Thank you love that Listrate my list.
Speaker 2: You're right, You're right, You're right. With the word word.
Speaker 1: Electric, I gotta say incredible. It's a good list. It's a strong link. It made me rethink my list. I'm glad you went first.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, from that was my heart. That was purely me because I was going to go ketch up mustard man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but we would have said twelve.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I will say that. Oh yes, sorry guys, you.
Speaker 7: Mouth watering.
Speaker 4: Oh solid god, okay, okay, bitch bringing back slid.
Speaker 2: Huh mine, dude, this this is so hard, but you kind of sold me on on barbecue sauce. Barbecue sauce was in my list, but it moved up one because of the range and variety that you have in barbecue sauce. You can do so many different things with it. So my Tier three is now going to be honorable. Mentioned Ranch, Ranch didn't make it.
Speaker 4: Cheese is on his tear talk. That's the end of the blue cheese.
Speaker 2: No blue cheese, listen, I fell with your mold blue cheese is dead to me. I hate blue cheese, but I do everybody talks about you get a mature taste, like as you get older, you start enjoying it. That's the thing. You can say, My tier three based on how often I use it, is hot sauce. My tier three is hot sauce. I feel like there there's a variety of hot sauces, just like there is barbecue. But the fact of, like you know, using barbecue sauce with marionnade and just slathering ribs on it. All the different styles where you hit the different parts of the country. That is what put barbecue sauce now at two instead of hot sauce, because hot sauce I like to put it on stuff, but barbecue sauce you can you can kind of overdo it. So Tier three hot sauce, Tier two barbecue sauce. My tier one condiment, my mouth watering just thinking about it. Mayonnaise. I love mayonnaise. Bro I love it damn near on everything, and I feel like it's a good foundational condiment that you can even create with other condiments, like if you want an aoli, you're using mayo to mix it in there with sarracha. Hot sauce, you can mix it with ketchup. Love mixing mayonnaise with ketchup. But my number one condiment is mayonnaise, mayonnaise, barbecue sauce, hot sauce. Shout out to a ranch.
Speaker 4: Hyphenated plot twist.
Speaker 2: Jack almost gritty Joe, you got a word to rate my list?
Speaker 1: Break your I'm having to look up conniments now I see why you did it. It's actually plot twistings here. Yeah, kind of jugs your memory a little bit because there's stuff you're like, I didn't think of that as a connoiment. It's actually really fire.
Speaker 4: That's what happened to me with the hot sauce, because that was.
Speaker 2: One because you're a hot sauce line, I know.
Speaker 1: And it's the same argument of read your three to me again before I give you one word.
Speaker 2: My honorable mention's ranch. My tier three's hot sauce. Tier two is barbecue sauce. My tier one is mayonnaise.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna rade solid rat solid. Okay, that solid with the homie. That's a solid list.
Speaker 2: Pressure.
Speaker 1: Before I start this Jelly Roll's favorite condiments, I've got to ask this question first because I just read a couple of articles and this is a big point of contingency that could change everything. There are people that qualify peanut butter as a condiment that I almost can because Will.
Speaker 4: I will lean on Will because he is a peanut butter guy.
Speaker 2: Peanut butter.
Speaker 4: Have you ever been a peanut butter sandwich with chili dipped and chili?
Speaker 1: Peanut butter is considered a condiment the internet will. With that being said, I gotta stand by With that being said, With that being said, boys.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go in with ranch number three because I think we can all agree ranches. Ranch.
Speaker 1: I'm going to pick hot sauce over barbecue today just because I'm I'm I love a good hot sauce. But if peanut butter is foresure e conoment, it's by number one, by Country Mouths, the greatest condiment that's ever infitted ever. And this is a little deeper because if that's considered a conniment because it's spreadable, that also means nutella and everything in that family, all kind of nut butters.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm you're trying to claim all the nut butters right now.
Speaker 1: All I'm saying, listen, if we could claim the thirty differ from kind of barbecue question? My head, Yeah, it's like there is you know, there's maple syrup, almond butter, there's cinnamon.
Speaker 2: It's like, damn, have you had a peanut butter sandwich?
Speaker 1: Honorable mention, here's a hot one? Till you're waiting for this salsa.
Speaker 2: I want that question there so bad. Salsa was on a couple of listen, I was even guacamo. Guacamole is a little bit of a stretch.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a side.
Speaker 2: Have you ever had a peanut butter sandwich dipped in chili? No?
Speaker 1: Are they five?
Speaker 4: Insane?
Speaker 2: Bro? You love peanut butter like I think you do. You're going to love this, dude. You're gonna love that combination.
Speaker 1: The greatest sandwich ever, Dude, I would rate that in two words, almost perfect.
Speaker 4: You didn't have mayo, So that's why I had the kind of but that peanut butter at the top.
Speaker 2: Great pool. I'm sick about mine, but I proud of myself.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna take yours.
Speaker 2: This was a host of yours. It's a big days. It looks like it's missing a little peanut butter, though, peoples in the sandwich is I put it on both sides.
Speaker 4: I put it on both the ass in the middle.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, man.
Speaker 2: I will say I had a meal an hour before that, so a part of me was a little already full.
Speaker 1: So were you?
Speaker 2: Probably you probably just ate that for the picture. Then I couldn't wait chili cooking. When I got home yesterday. It wasn't ready for two more. This was yesterday. Yeah, that photo yesterday, Yeah, that was yesterday. I love it man. One year I had charges. She was like she wanted to cook for me, and she's like, what I want to make you whatever you want to have for your meal on your birthday? And I said chili and peanut butter sandwiches. Simple man. Based that one. That one is Audrey's. It looks dude, it is. She dumped some cream cheese in it.
Speaker 4: Color by the way, cream cheese sour cream. Yeah, could have could have easily been on a man, I'll take yours.
Speaker 2: Incredible Wow, cream cheese cream.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the mix?
Speaker 2: Whoa, that changes all the condiments.
Speaker 4: This is this makes me when hit that fucking pipe again? Town on something crazy?
Speaker 2: I got something in what more for you always?
Speaker 4: Because that was that first started once podcast. I was on the moon for a little white. I kind of came to and my pistols like where have I been for the last hour?
Speaker 2: I literally said, like, what have you done this past year? Yeah? For what it's worth.
Speaker 4: When we started it, I was like this might be the shortest podcast that we might just chill.
Speaker 1: You were like, so what do you want to talk about?
Speaker 2: And I still you know, you're like you know how you have boys? Are like, so what have you even done recently everywhere.
Speaker 1: I'm sure you want to promote something. I do love y'all, man, and I loved when I get to come on here and hang out with y'all. Truly, truly, this is why this is always a no brainer.
Speaker 4: And Bro, I'm sure I speak for all of us. I said, seeing your ascension has been We've been so proud about everything, even when your documentary and Hulu came out, and that was like the beginning of everything.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 4: It's been so cool to watch you and just see the dude staying the exact same all the way through, and people seeing your personality and be able to appreciate who you are and knowing that person before all this. We're all proud of you, man.
Speaker 2: Unbelievable. Nobody hesitates to drop a link whether Jack finds a tweet something where jelly is popping off on the internet.
Speaker 1: Yo, dude, Jack has single handedly kept me relevant on Twitter the last two years. Seriously, anytime I have a jelly roll moment go fucking viral, I can always you know, how you see where it goes back to, and it's always him.
Speaker 2: The very origin is Jack McPherson, very origin. It is always Jack I love it, man, We appreciate it coming on.
Speaker 4: Love you too, man, Thank you for this subscriber five stars.
Speaker 1: Yep, yep, unsubscribed. Resubscribe like comment below, fuck with us, love you face, bust with the boys.
Speaker 7: What a good boy.
Speaker 4: Boys. For those of you who love nicotine and know me, you know that I love nicotine, and I've bounced around from brand to brand, But one brand that I've found and chosen and loved is the.
Speaker 1: Brand of Lucy.
Speaker 4: They got these breakers inside. Dude, you crack those things that add so much flavor, lasts for so long. The pouches feel good in your bottom lip, so you feel like you're really having that legit true. You feel like a real man when you pop a Lucy in your lip. Now there's a lot of talk about big tobacco and all that stuff. Here's what I love about Lucy. Two gentlemen started this company. One guy is what he's like, an astrophysicist or something like that. He's got a crazy degree and his dad he doesn't know if he's doing it. He's doing what he's supposed to be doing. He starts this company. There are so many hoops you have to jump through when you go through a nicotine situation. He has jumped through those hoops and he has made a brand that is quality and amazing that you guys should all try. Dude, listen, let me tell you some gastation pouches. They get the job done. But once you've had a Lucy, you won't want anything else in your pocket. You can get Lucy ships straight to your door if you just visit Lucy dot com, Forward, slash bustin and use code busting. That's BUSSI n for twenty percent off your first order, subscribe for another fifteen percent off, and shipping is always free. Lucy products are only for adults of legal age and every in every order is age verified. Warning, this product contains nicotine. Nicotine is an adictive chemical. I have a great day. Let's get back to this episode of Big hugstwn Kisses.
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 4: Do you want to tell context first? So just jump back on the bus.
Speaker 1: Yeah so, bunny, but we'll just you can put this y'all know hYP We just I don't want to tell this story because you asked about daughter sweet sixteen. It's how to start it tenor when I was a kid, nobody came to anything.
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 1: I was not a popular kid. I'll never forget. I mean, I passed out the rs vps with the free candy in it to come to my birthday party. My mother would make a table for thirty kids. Not a kid would show up.
Speaker 2: Damn.
Speaker 1: I've carried that trauma with me my whole life, right, So like when I announce a tour, I'm nervous, like, is this gonna be the tore people quit behind tickets to give a fuck that I'm doing this, Like it really pumps me out. Bailey comes to me and goes, I want to do a Sweet sixteen party. Comes to Bunny and I'm like, no, absolutely not, because Bailey's had a couple of parties that went similar to mind when I was young, and I was like, I'm telling you, man, we're setting this kid up for failure, like we're gonna put all this money, You're gonna have this big party. And I was the negative voice tailor. And I want to share this story on this poding with y'all because y'all are fathers. I hope you learn from this. I was so against it and kicking and screaming. It was so hard to get put together. She put it together and then I was like, well, the good news is we have a big family, you know. But what I've learned is, and this is the hardest part of life. You can pay for the best party ever, you can plan the best party ever, and you can have forty five family members show up, but you can't. You can't plan on fifteen or sixteen year old showing up. You just never know, you know what I mean. It's like, so I was just so nervous for baby, and to the point, I mean I hadn't been that nervous for something in a while, like stomach hurting the day of Dude, it was a blast.
Speaker 2: I was so wrong.
Speaker 1: I carried that fear for four weeks, that anxiety for four weeks about this party.
Speaker 2: I was so stressed. I cried about it a couple of times.
Speaker 1: I was upset. I was worried for she wasn't getting no RSVPs. At first, I was like, this is just not going to go. And even then it was like a typical high school party. We walked in with like twenty RSVPs. So I was like, you know what, that's good, you know what I mean? But I was like, we just need to make sure we got the family here to fill the room up. Dude. By nine o'clock at night, you could tell the pen location was getting dropped. All you've seen was car after a car. It ended up with like hundreds kids from other schools. It turned to one of those parties turned into like one. Well listen, I left. How about that?
Speaker 2: I mean I looked at my wife. My wife looked at me, and I looked at her, and she was like, I don't think we got no business. I was like me, neither.
Speaker 1: We had security there. I was like, we know they're not going to get too crazy, you know what I mean. Yeah, I was like, let that run its course, dude. It was the thank you for even asking. I'm glad we got to bring it back on here. It was the coolest thing to see and experience. And what I realized early in the night was the real lesson for me was before one teenager showed up, were the whole family was there, and I was like, there's if not a kid shows up, it's going to be a great night, you know what I mean. Like, it was just such a cool party, man, And it taught me a lot about not projecting. We accidentally project our shit on our children, right, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I mean.
Speaker 1: And I never really wrapped that and rooms still really young, you know what I mean. But think about this in the years to come, because at a place that I had fell short, I projected that on my own daughter, you know what I mean. And it was just really cool to see that turn around and actually be such a heartfelt moment and has a shameless plug. You can see the whole party on Bunny's Patreon.
Speaker 4: I barely yes, it's