Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong, Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Jetty and now he Armstrong and Yetty. How you doing.
Speaker 1: We're a million miles from victory. But later this half hour a couple of examples where WOKE is definitely on the retreat. Part of that is it's just laying low or has changed its stripes or changed the name of this, that and the other to pretend that it's not still doing what it's doing. So again, it's going to be a long, long, long, long fight, but at least there are signs of progress. Later on the hour, going to be talking to CBS military analyst Jeff mccauslin about the situation Ukraine and and just Europe in general, as I think it's at least possible that there is an era of real instability about to start. You know what's funny is nobody ever talks about one of the major factors, how long Putin lives. He's in his seventies now, he's not gonna live forever anyway, So that is to come. Plus boy, all sorts of good stuff. Let's take a moment, though, to take fun look back at the week that was. The Friday tradition is cow clips of the week.
Speaker 3: They need to tone it down.
Speaker 2: Maybe you guys, not Grady the whips of the week. Great, We're in a brave new world.
Speaker 1: Not my Captain America okay, Fiancas and sorry, and Kanye West of cold it quits.
Speaker 2: I just hope this doesn't make Kanye do something stupid.
Speaker 4: It didn't reach that level to me to say something terrible could happen.
Speaker 2: And maybe you shouldn't have gone on the trip. Why didn't it to me? I don't know.
Speaker 5: I mean I think that that's one of the things we need to look at.
Speaker 6: President Trump sending shock waves throughout Europe.
Speaker 2: You should have never started it. You could have made a deal. Doubling down and accusing the Ukrainian leader of being a dictator, a dictator without elections. Zelensky better move fast or he's not going to have a country left. Got to move got to move fast.
Speaker 1: Zelenski, who's pulling over fifty percent cooling Trump's accusation Russian disinformation.
Speaker 2: They need to.
Speaker 1: Tone it down and take a hard look and sign that deal.
Speaker 2: As a war criminal and should be in jail. For the rest of his life if not executed.
Speaker 6: I trust a scottlike I trust gas stations solution, and I think I have the power to end this war, and I think it's going very well.
Speaker 2: Free speech meets boundaries, so we said no, we have free speech as well, but it also his limits. You might sue them, I might choose up.
Speaker 7: What no democracy, American, German or European will survive is telling millions of voters that their thoughts and concerns, their aspirations they're pleased for relief are invalid.
Speaker 1: He was standing in a country where free speech was.
Speaker 2: Weaponized to kentuct a genocide. Why would our allies there anybody be irritated by free speech and by someone giving their opinion. We are, after all, democracies, you know, I wanted to find somebody smarter than him, We said a little, Well, thanks having me. I'm here to provide the present with technology support.
Speaker 7: We've got people that are taking faxes off facts machines.
Speaker 1: They had to leave the building and they were never able to walk back in the building.
Speaker 2: Again. It comes down to two things, competence and caring.
Speaker 1: You could be talking about saving over a trillion dollars if.
Speaker 2: You're doing solve the deficit. I mean I will go bankrupt if this is not done. This is the chain's off of bureaucracy. Turns off chainsall.
Speaker 1: Elon Musk, there, boy, turns you know what I want to talk about? Briefly, Elon Michael, do me a favor. Queue up clip number thirty two.
Speaker 2: This is the lead.
Speaker 5: See where he's got for a slim majority using presidential power.
Speaker 2: Fifty two percent say he's gone too far? There uh cutting federal programs? Fifty one percent of Americans say gone too.
Speaker 1: Far So breathless reporting of various polls that express skepticism about some of the things Trump and Elon Musk are doing. And as always I must point out, we must point out that unfortunately a lot of America still has its perceptions based on or shaped by the legacy media.
Speaker 2: Or even cable news.
Speaker 1: Gotta help you, And it doesn't surprise me if a good idea that is relentlessly described as a bad idea isn't as popular as it should be, that's not an indictment of the idea. If somebody just bad mouths a person over and over again before you meet them, your ill perception of them is based on that bad mouthing. It's not on the facts of that person. You hardly know them yet. So what a Weasley report on Cenna. And here's an example for you. It's clip number eighty, Michael. This is a variety of talking heads talking during the campaign. Do you remember this when there was a bit of a flap about IVF There was a court case was it in Florida is one of the Southeastern states, about the personhood of embryos and the ethical quandary that that is.
Speaker 2: And here's what it sounded like. Under Donald Trump and JD. Vance's policies and proposals, of course, we would see total bands on IVF around the country.
Speaker 7: Trump keeps saying that not only does he is he opposed to abortion rights, he's also opposed to contraception. He's also opposed to IVF.
Speaker 2: They clearly, as you said, hate women.
Speaker 4: Donald Trump is the father not of IVF, but of abortion bands.
Speaker 1: So I was talking to a couple of fellas yesterday whose adult kids live in progressive areas of the country, has to do a couple of mind and they or one person removed like a friend or the relative of theirs, literally crying because their gay marriage or their their friends gay marriage or whatever was going to be ended by the Trump administration and they would be jailed for it. They sincerely believe that. And these are not stupid people, because wildly wildly misinformed is different than stupid. But there are people so wildly misinformed that they're divorced from reality. Like all that crap about how Trump is against IVF and will ban it and is going to ban birth control.
Speaker 2: And blah blah blah. They just put out.
Speaker 1: The White House just put out an executive order expanding access to in vitro fertilization for Americans, directs policy recommendations to protect IVF access and aggressively reduce out of pocket and health plan costs for such treatments, focus on how to ensure reliable access to IVF et cetera, support for families.
Speaker 2: It goes into a fair amount of detail.
Speaker 1: But it was utterly, utterly the opposite of the truth to suggest that Trump and Republicans wanted to end IVF procedures. There's just a really interesting question about the personhood of a fertilized egg among people who an embryo, and for short, among people who think about these things. So anyway, just completely dishonest. But we're kind of used to that, aren't we. So I'm so tempted to geek out on the German election. Probably shouldn't, but I think it's so interesting. What time is it, Yeah, we got a minute, Michael, do me a favor. This is from Morning Jose Raf Sanchez talking about the German elections, and I'll explain why you want to care about it in the second but fireway.
Speaker 5: So, at first glance, this very much looks like a normal election in Germany. You have an unpopular government here, it's led by the center left. It's presiding over a bad economy. Germany has been in recession for two years, and it looks like the voters are going to chuck them out and they're going to replace them with a government led by the center right, the CDU Angela Merkel's old party, a traditional trans atlantic party. They are supporters of Ukraine.
Speaker 2: And all that is true. Next clip, Michael.
Speaker 5: What is not normal is that the far right is absolutely surging in a way we have not seen since the defeat of the Nazis in the Second World War. The polls show the alternative for Germany, known as the AfD likely to win the second largest number of seats in Parliament to be the largest opposition party, and that is sending shock waves absolutely through this country.
Speaker 2: So two things.
Speaker 1: Number one, as I've said before, the rise of the AfD, which includes some characters who are absolutely repugnant. The AFDs is right a lot about a lot of things. They also include some absolute Nazi sympathizers and pro putin lunatics and various other unsavory elements. But the reason they have power is that it was so verboten to use the German to talk frankly about the shock of mass immigration among the so called respectable parties of right of center, that the expression of that frustration and anger and fear was reserved for the far right. And so you've got lunatics who don't care. They're not all lunatics, but you've got a party that includes a fair amount of lunatics who just don't care, being the only ones willing to say what was obviously true about the rampant immigration. And that's why they grew, and that's why they've gained as much power as they have and will be a factor. Now here's what you have to understand about Germany. And it matters because they're one of our biggest trading partners, one of our biggest allies, the biggest economy in Europe, and ought to be ought to be a big, strong, robust part of NATO, but they're not. So there's what they call the firewall in German politics. You cannot play footsie with the AfD because they include neo Nazis and some lunatics, seriously bad people with bad ideas. So the problem is this guy, fred Mertz. Fans of classic TV very amused by that, Friedrich Mertz, fred Mertz the best buddy of Ralph Kramden and the Honeymooners. Anyway, Friedrich Mertz is a fairly reasonable center right type guy, but he can't include the AfD in his coalition in a parliamentary system, so he's got to look to his left to socialist losers and utopians and green energy morons and the rest of it. And so you remember when Bill Clinton famously said in a speech, there's nothing that is wrong with America that cannot be fixed by what is right with America, which is actually a great line. I've used that on my kids. Germany's the opposite. There is practically nothing wrong with Germany. Is that we can fix any more with what is right with Germany because they've gone so far down the road of high taxes, high regulations, utterly ridiculous commitments to green energy, phasing out their nuclear programs, begging Russia for oil and gas, that their economy is shrinking while everybody else's is growing. Their military is a joke. Their society is falling apart because it's well the imported people who hate their culture by the hundreds of thousand, by the millions, is much smaller country than the US, and it's falling apart. And because they silent Lenst the reasonable right for so long now the alternative on the writer lunatics, there are multiple lessons that we can learn from their awful, awful example.
Speaker 2: So which woke on the retreat, we'll talk about that.
Speaker 1: Some encouraging signs in a moment stay with us. I keep meaning to dig up the podcast from last Friday's show when I was on vacation and Jack was talking to our friend Tim Sandefer about the Playboy magazine's rebranding and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Because I'd love to hear his take.
Speaker 1: I was just reading in the uh, I guess it was Brightbart covering that Playboys returning to its roots after going through a failed woke rebrand that included pop star Lizzo on a centerfold, a transgender playmate, and a ban on nudity. Now, whatever you think of nudity and softcore erotica, if you prefer porn, I mean, I don't really want to get into that. But just the spirit of the thing, just masculating, denying masculinity, denying heterosexuality, just to everybody needs to be like a Kendall transgender. It's part of a really unhealthy impulse. I think it's complicated. Books have been written about it and will continue to be. But a lot of it has to do with kind of passive conformity. I think because there would be you know, the neo Marxists and socialists and woke crowd. The one thing they demand always is obedience. They have no interest in rugged individuality. It's antithetical to what they're trying to do. And I think stamping out masculinity is a big part.
Speaker 2: Of that program. It runs through a lot of it.
Speaker 1: But I hadn't realized how far it had gone.
Speaker 2: So in twenty.
Speaker 1: Seventeen, Just one month after Hugh Hefner, who is a pig but he died, they announced that they would have a transgender playmate, and Hefner's then twenty six year old son, Cooper God knows what his upbringing was like, said at the time of the decision to feature men in Playboy, quote, it's the right thing to do. We're at a moment where gender roles are evolving, a part of the hashtag me to cancel culture thing. And then an editorial team of two women in a gay man took over with a mission to make Playboy more progressive, and it failed horrifically. The magazine's play by bunnies were renamed brand ambassadors and given sex neutral names, such as September Playmate rather than Miss September. Who thought this would work only lunatics anyway, And again grab the podcast Armstrong and Getting on demand from last Friday. I can't remember what hour it is, I'm not really sure, but Tim and Jack talk about that. I'm sure it was very interesting. But I was also glad to see the woke numb skulls at Disney have at least shown signs that they understand that America is not where they're radical lefty employees, and the internet are and they've scaled back a bunch of the content. Warnings on classic films, your dumbos, your Peter's pan will no longer have auto played warnings about triggers and racial stereotypes. And you may be offended by this. These stereotypes are wrong then and wrong now. Negative depictions, enormous treatment of people or colors. No, we don't need you to shove that down our throat. We can see it when it happens, and we're interested in it, and there's no need to cleanse Classic entertainment a teaching tool if nothing else. But what I think is more significant at least, is that Disney is aware of the world has changed, Thank goodness, but it's going to be a long, long battle. Speaking of long, long battles, the situation in Europe, Ukraine Russia. Military analyst Jeff mccauslin to talk about the immediate and long term concerns Armstrong and Getty, but.
Speaker 6: He should have taken it serious in allowed the United States to engage. President Trump is the only one that could have prevented this war from taking place, and President Trump now is cleaning out the mess. That Biden left behind, and President Trump will get it done. He will negotiate an end to this war. He wants to see the war ended, regardless of how that takes place. He wants to see a win for Ukraine and a win for Russia at the same time, because there's a lose lose going on for both countries.
Speaker 2: Right now.
Speaker 6: People are dying, and the President said he wants people to stop dying.
Speaker 1: Senator Mark Wayne Mullen, they're helping interpret some of the statements the President has made lately, some of them looney tunes in my opinion, But let's not get hung up on that. There's a lot to discus, whether it's Ukraine or the Middle East or a couple of other fronts. And what a pleasure to welcome doctor Jeff mccauslin back to the show. Jeff is a CBS News Military Consultant Senior Fellow at the Stockdale Center for Ethical Leadership at the Naval Academy.
Speaker 2: Jeff, it's always a pleasure. How are you, Joe.
Speaker 3: It's a trip to Boudi and I'm doing fine, excellent.
Speaker 1: So while I am not an expert on the level of a doctor, Jeff mccauslan. For instance, I can usually if I'm presented with a question of what would peace in Ukraine look like? I can cook up some scenarios that are fairly reasonable, and I might even say I'm only fifty to fifty that this would work.
Speaker 2: But this is the most likely thing I can see.
Speaker 1: I've got to admit I'm a little at a loss to even describe what a peace settlement with long term security for Ukraine would look like.
Speaker 3: Help me, Well, peace for a settlement for Ukraine would look like. Of course, the Russians can end this war tomorrow. They've always been in this world of war. They just got to pull their forces back to their territory. That's a pretty easy solution. But obviously they don't seem to convince to do that. And some of the arguments that are being made by the President that actually a Ukraine's fault that this war occurred not only are counterfactual but also make this whole process more difficult on the Ukrainian side. What might peace look like, Well, sometime of the negotiated settlement, whereby, of course, they received some sort of security guarantees, doesn't look like that security guarantee would be membership in NATO, but some guaranteed BI latterly by the United States, but by europeanized with the United States that if there was an attack on them, those powers would then come to their support. Second of all, perhaps the emplacement of some kind of a peacekeeping force to monitor whatever the agreement determined in terms of territorial changes, if those were made. This was done back in two thousand and fourteen, following the invasion of Russia of the Crimea and also a portion of Dombas under the austices of the Organization for Security Cooperation in Europe. They're quite frankly, the Russian's basically ignored a lot of those peacekeepers that were present and clearly prepared to do what they then did in twenty twenty two. So the question of peacekeeping also means, are you going to have a very small force just can kind of monitor what's going on Some people call that bluff and prey, or are you going to put a larger force in up saying a couple hundred thousand peacekeepers that actually have the physical capacity not only to terra as it's going to attack, but actually defense.
Speaker 1: Do you have any optimism that Europe has the will to actively participate in that sort of program.
Speaker 3: I think the Europeans will is growing, But of course there's two things they've got to have. They've got to have the political capital, better the population support for programs and policies like that, and then the economic capacity to expand their own internal defense industries and expand their military significantly. And that's going to take some time. There's already clear discussions ongoing between the British and the French. I'm told they're talking about implementing some kind of of an air effort that would supplement for peacekeeping force on the ground. Again, this is all preliminary. Would that be some kind of a no fly zone whereby European aircraft would be over the battlefield area? And if the Russians violated that airspace heedsed by launching missiles into it or bringing their aircraft into it, that they again that would be engaged. But all again, that is very preliminary and it remains to be seen. And furthermore, of course, the real question is where and when and how are these negotiations going to occur that are going to craft this particular agreement. And initially it appeared that it was going to be a bilateral negotiation from the United States and Russia. Well, the Ukrainians, for obvious reasons, pushed back on that you're negotiating about US. So the President now acknowledge that Ukraine won't be participating, But it's unclear what that means. Is this going to be a trilateral negotiation of three countries, going to be a bilateral negotiation between the Nie States in Russia with Ukraine in the next room, or are the Ukrainians and Russians gonna have a byladder on negotiation with the United States as a mediator. Those diplomatic nuances are very important, not only in terms of what that solution looks like, but frankly, how it actually is conducted and concluded.
Speaker 1: And we both know that if there's an asymmetry of desire to reach a deal in whatever sort of negotiation you're talking about, the person who is willing to walk away has an enormous advantage. How anxious is putin at this point to end the war and come to some sort of deal, I think.
Speaker 3: He's more anxious than we might well imagine. Everybody said, well, it's inevitable the Russians are going to win, so we should give in to him. And it concerns me, frankly, that the administration has already made major concessions in advance. Whether you agree with those concessions or not, you don't go into an agreement say hey, I'm going to give you these following things. Let's talk and what have we giving them? Well, we've said, first of all, Ukraine will never be into NATO number one. We've already said that Ukraine has to make certain territorial concessions. The President's already said, well, we should bring Russia back in the G seven. There's even been some talk of reducing to other sanctions. Well, those might all be appropriate concessions to make, making them before you've actually begun the conversation does not appear to me to be a terrific negotiating strategy.
Speaker 1: Doctor Jeff mccouslan online, CBS News Military consultant. Let's talk a little bit about the very concept of striking a deal with Vladimir Putin. How does he differ from other leaders of major powers that we might sign a treaty with.
Speaker 3: Well, person, only, you can't trust this guy. He's violated about every agreement you can think of. You know there was an agreement reach that MINS about the invasion of the Don Boss in Crimea twenty fourteen, which of course he has violated. And as we to answer better, the last question is does he want a deal?
Speaker 2: He does.
Speaker 3: I think he's being forced to think about that because he's had seven hundred thousand casualtis, maybe one hundred and fifty thousand of those are dead. He's lost thousands of pieces of equipment, tanks, artillery, armed personnel, cares. I was talking to colleagues of mine who monitored us very closely, and they told me the Russians are now employing T fifty five tanks on the battlefield. These were made in nineteen sixties. There have been some suggestion that sixty percent of all the artillery being fired by the Russian military right now in Ukraine is made in North Korea. And so he's starting to have some very severe manpower issues to keep that force going if you're losing a thousand guys or more a day, which is what the Russians are in fact doing. So the one thing he fears, of course, is being forced into a mobilization of the population, which would be very politically unpopular at home. Also, the economically Russia right now has about a nine to nine and a half percent inflation rate in Russia about twenty one percent. Would you and I Jack can only imagine how the average American would react to that. So he has some motivations, But at the same time, without commitments and without the ability to verifying agreement and enforce agreement, you can't trust about recruiting at all.
Speaker 1: We don't like unnecessary, unnecessary hyperbole around here if we can avoid it. But as a guy who grew up in the post two WW two era and the Cold warror and the rest of it, then the dissolution of the Soviet Union.
Speaker 2: This era that we're at the dawn of seems.
Speaker 1: Unbelievably unstable virtually everywhere you look.
Speaker 2: Would you agree what concerns you the most? Well?
Speaker 3: I would agree wholehearty. And we've had a system of international norms, international institution, the rules of the Road that was established at the end of World War Two that we're about to give away. Let's be very candid about that. This is coming to a close if we're not careful. The commitments we've made to to NATO, which has been the most successful alliance in the history of Man is that we're about to walk away from like that, which will be enormously unsettling in Europe. Secondly, of course, this has a ripple effect all the way around the globe. If anybody doesn't think that Jijing Ping is watching this very closely and saying to himself, well, if the Americans are willing to walk away from seventy five years of commitment to NATO and take Vladimir Putin's talking points, and also walking away from Ukraine, then there really should be no problem with us invading Taiwan some bright day. The Americans will probably complain, but they'll they'll do very very little about that. And our allies in Asia that mister Biden, when he was president least was trying to establish a more cohesive alliance with the Japanese, with the Koreans, and those countries working together support to Taiwan's alliances with the Philippines, Australia, possibly in India. The question they will be asked themselves as well, if the Americans are no longer reliable partners for the European friends of twenty five years, why can we depend on the Americans to come to ouran Perhaps we should cut our own deals with the Chinese and try to get the best deal we can. If that's not bad enough, One of the things that we have done over those period of times since World War Two is obviously extend the American Nuclear Security Guarantee. This ensured that a large number of countries did not then create their own nuclear weapons because they depended on that guarantee. Well, if we walk away, those countries may say, well, we're on our own, and one way to ensure a conflict is to acquire nuclear weapons. And certainly countries like hey, Germany, Sweden, Finland, perhaps Poland surely had the industrial capacity to produce nuclear weapons, as do the Koreans, as do the Japanese. Even Taiwan at one time had a nation nuclear program. It might they think that's one way to deterre Chinese aggression in a world of thirty forty fifty countries are but nuclear weapons doesn't seem to me to be a stable point.
Speaker 1: Wow, buckle up, doctor Jeff mccauslin's CBS News military consultant. Thanks so much for the time, Jeff, Really great stuff.
Speaker 2: Take care Jack, Thanks you got it. Yeah, don't worry about it. It's fine. It's fine Jackson vacation.
Speaker 7: Eh.
Speaker 1: So yeah, gully Gy. It's like they say about your health. If you have your health, nobody thinks about it. If you don't have your health, it's all you can think about. I'm realizing that even though a lot of us grew up in the you know, when obviously we grew up had the Cold War and the threat of nuclear war hanging over us. I mean, it's not like I thought about it on the baseball field or when I was trying to woo my best girl.
Speaker 7: It was.
Speaker 1: Stable instability, you know, the mutually assured destruction, determs and and all that stuff. It was a fairly stable world. And then the dissolution of the Soviet Union unfolded reasonably well really, but what a blip that was compared to nineteen fifteen through nineteen forty five. And it appears that that blip is now over, for better or worse. And we and our leaders and our allies will do our best to keep some level of stability going just so people can live their lives and enjoy the good things in life. But yeah, we definitely need to be standing on our garden thinking long term.
Speaker 2: And I hope the Potus, for all of his.
Speaker 1: Bluster and occasionally shooting out his mouth, is thinking long term, because we need to for the American people.
Speaker 2: We'll finish strong, next strong. I think naps are the most disgusting thing you can do. Gree There's another word for napping.
Speaker 5: It's called sleeping, and sleeping should be done at night.
Speaker 4: There's nothing you should do where you wake up that disoriented and feel sick.
Speaker 2: Knops are for pets and for babies. It always feels like you've had a hangover.
Speaker 5: When you wake up from a knap, you are the most foul you'll ever be.
Speaker 2: Bad, breath, ugly, puffy eyes, sick. That's what a knop is.
Speaker 4: How stupid do you have to be be able to turn your brain off in the middle of the day?
Speaker 2: Knop Taking a knop?
Speaker 1: She says, it was, oh, you know you had me at Hello, you lost me at knop knop. All right, I'm gonna be all controversial and stoke an argument online and gay lots and lots of engagement, just so over it, total rage bait, right, thank you? Yeah, I gotta I gotta learn all those hipster terms, or do I m.
Speaker 2: Maybe?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's handy if you're gonna exist at all in the online world, you at least know some of the lingo rage bait.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's exactly what it is.
Speaker 4: I would love to know what she does for a living or lack thereof.
Speaker 2: Maybe she's a cop sitter who has time for knops. Yeah, oh boy.
Speaker 1: So I'm trying to decide whether we have time for this really interesting and weighty topic two minutes.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure I have it in me.
Speaker 1: It's about the birthright citizenship thing, and it's really interesting, but I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm tired, tired. Take a nap this weekend. You should take a knop.
Speaker 1: I should take a knop and then I'll totally wake up from a knop and rub the sleep out of my eyes.
Speaker 2: Oh, don't I tell you what.
Speaker 1: The cat nap, the brain reset cat nap is one of the most amazing things that exists.
Speaker 2: I can't always get her done.
Speaker 1: I've heard it described as a nap where you like, lay down on the couch, close your eyes, space out, whatever, maybe a little white noise on the phone, whatever you like, and if you have a book in your hand, you fall asleep just to the point that you drop the book and it wakes you up, huh, and that resets your brain in a way that it's difficult to explain, Like when I get done with the show. It's not like we're digging ditches around here, but it takes a fair amount of converse concentration, enough concentration to say concentration, not conversation for instance. Obviously it's waning, but by the end of it a mentally like shot. And if I can take the ten to fifteen minute cat nap, it's like hitting a reset Button's cott nap, so the internet morons can stuff it.
Speaker 2: I've never taken a cat nap.
Speaker 4: I don't sleep well period, but it's if I take a nap, it's too long.
Speaker 2: Usually.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you gotta be careful with that because it can keep you up in night and you're better off just going to bed, really really tired and go to sleep.
Speaker 2: Why do you have sleep troubles? Is it the terrible things you've done?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: They haunt me. Yeah, trust I know what you mean.
Speaker 4: I lay down and it's like me laying down to go to bed is my brain's cue to just go nuts thinking about anything and everything.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, Yeah, there's gotta be a cure.
Speaker 1: For that. Do you wind down or do you like go straight from activity to trying to go to sleep?
Speaker 3: Ah?
Speaker 4: I wind down ish, you know, I'll like usually on my way into the bedroom, like I'll pick up a couple of things or do whatever and then go to bed.
Speaker 1: But have you ever tried the deal where you have a pad and pen next to your bed and if you start to worry about something, you write it down and say to yourself, there it is.
Speaker 2: I'll think about it in the morning. I won't forget. It'll be right there for me. It really helps.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm starting that tonight.
Speaker 2: Always try vodka. No, yeah, that too. Hey, kids, it's that time again with Armstrong and getdy. Let's do final thoughts. Now here's your host me.
Speaker 1: Let's get a final thought from everybody on the crew to wrap things up for the day. Our technical director Mike Langelo keeping us on the air, will lead us off.
Speaker 2: Michael, talk to us. Just happy birthday to our good friend Jack.
Speaker 5: I hope he's doing well, and I just don't want to see him on the news this weekend, that's all.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to decide whether it was a mistake not to have like a big deal for my birthday.
Speaker 2: But I don't know.
Speaker 1: I know this sounds odd, but I'm not comfortable being the center of attention in real life anyway.
Speaker 4: Final thought, Katie, Yeah, same as Michael. Happy birthday to Jack, and I hope he has at least.
Speaker 2: One solid bang bang this weekend. Bo to back big meal.
Speaker 1: The way he eats would put me in the hospital. Michael, plain me Clip thirty five. Here's my final thought. Chainsaw.
Speaker 2: This is the chainsaw for bureaucracy.
Speaker 1: Turns all, these are odd times, these are odd times. Change potent's invading foreign countries are President blames the victim. He's probably working at something, But you got the richest man on earth dancing around chain saw.
Speaker 2: Crouds all.
Speaker 1: SpaceX just pulled off another miracle, a technical leap forward this week. Nobody's even talking about it because Elon Musk is dancing around with.
Speaker 2: The chainsaw Chad Saw Odd Times.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Armstrong and Getty wrapping up another grueling four hour workday, so many people to thank you a little time go to Armstrong and Giddy dot com. Do not subscribed to the podcast you ought to be pickups of ag swag for your favorite ag fen including if that's you, drove us a note mail bag at Armstrong in giddy dot com We'll see you Monday.
Speaker 2: God bless America. Armstrong and Getty were unquestionably in poor taste. They need to tone it down. And when it's over, it is over. It is over, And I think I have the power to end this let hell break out. Doesn't that sound crazy? Yees?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean obviously it's not serious. It's huge and you know what, everybody knows it. One final message, It's cool. Bye, bye, Great Friday. The Armstrong and Getty