Speaker 1: Welcome in Brendos. Leading off starts right now. I am your host, Chris Welsh. Of course it's always been me. And look at that with power and all lights on camera action. It's Bubba in the house. Bubba. We missed you earlier this week.
Speaker 2: I missed being here. I felt I felt bad, but I had no control over the situation.
Speaker 3: I was pretty pretty bummed about it. But we're back.
Speaker 2: I get to join you guys on a Thursday this week and have some fun chatting up with my friend the Welsh.
Speaker 1: We had the stinky old bogman on the show.
Speaker 2: My brother from another mother. You know, if he's kept his head and shaved, well, we good to go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that'd be good. He should do I'd like him to do. Uh just yeah, that'd be adorable. You'd be really funny, be Adorable's definitely look at it. We all we got all the happenings around base ball for you today. And of course number one is Julio is the best, the best. But I love Julio Rodriguez, so do you. We all do, and friends, he just continues to go and what else? What else can be said about Huli Rodriguez blasted a lead off Homer swiped a base on Wednesday as the Mariners won six to one. Now, twenty six homers, twenty five stolen bases, and we've got some fun notes here. Here were some fun facts from Sarah Langs two. Julio Rodriguez is the first player on MLB history with twenty five homers and twenty five stolen bases in his first MLB season. The other two rookies to do it had debuted the year prior and twenty five homer twenty four twenty five stolen bases in a rookie season. Going to that was Mike Trout in twenty twelve and Chris Young the Arizona Diamondbacks in two thousand and seven. Huleo is the best. BU love Julio. How much do we love Julio?
Speaker 3: A ton, a ton And it's fun.
Speaker 2: I did an early draft a few weeks ago for twenty twenty three, and he went I.
Speaker 3: Believe it was fifth overall, fourth overt Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, it's a draft Champions League for twenty twenty three on n FBC, and we did the first seven rounds and I wanted him very badly. I got the six pick and he went right before me. I think he's legit as it comes, like legit thirty thirty type guy.
Speaker 3: He's amazing.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be fun because I could even if he keeps doing this, there's gonna be conversation of like a top one or two pick by certain leagues.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I mentioned my as far as my dynasty ranks go, I moved him to number one overall. And that's the last thing I've got to do is actually sort all of my redraft players on like an overall list, and Julio is in that consideration for sure. But he continues to just go nuts to think. He has an interesting thing too, where he's like, I don't consider myself a rookie, and it's like, well, you know, you can't even rent a car, and you're the best player on the planet right now. You you barely are able to stay out past midnight and drink. But you are a kid. You are a rookie. But yeah, you are maybe one of the best players in baseball. And sometimes those things just coincide with each other, so Mariners win games. Julio Rodriguez continues to go and it's really been a great spot for any betting stuff too, because hitting, you know, at the top of the lineup just more opportunities for a bat. So there you go. Gunnar Henderson triple doubled and knocked in four as the Orioles vested the National six to two on Wednesday. The locks were flowing and he continues to ball out with the rookies. You know, Corvin Carroll, I don't see this on this list. Corbyn Carroll hit his third homer, which was he has his knack, by the way, not to turn this into Corbyn Carroll, he just a snack. When he hits the ball, you just don't notice how far it's gonna go. It kind of looks like this innocuous pop up and it's not. And Gunner and Corbin just kind of going blow for blow right now. Probably the two leading candidates for a Rookie of the Year for next season. But gun with a big game and Corman Carroll with a big game as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, both monster games. Gunner, he's been a staple in my DFS line up slate leakaus. He's been super cheap, so I've been rolling that and he just continues to produce and eventually they're gonna move them up in that order you'd imagine at some point this season. But Carrol's been great, and even seeing the replay, it's almost like he didn't even think it was going to go out last night, so he was kind of running and he's kind of slowed down all of a sudden, they like, oh now I can trot. So both these guys are getting comfortable and they're starting to produce and a thing of beauty watching all these young players every week, it seems like we get a new batch, and it's been pretty cool.
Speaker 1: Carol Barrel's baby Carol so far with three homers, no still in bases, which is actually the biggest shock to me of all of those because he but Lavello is such a monster about running and stealing. Unless it's Jake McCarthy. Where McCarthy can go, he can steal home and by the way, be safe but be called out and the Diamondbacks win. That happened last night. McCarthy just has the green light to do whatever the hell he wants. I don't know if they're giving that to Carroll because he's not stealing any bases. But three homers, two seventy three batting average, so far twelve hits in this shorts and only forty three at bats, but he's already got nine RBI. Gunner hitting three twenty only one homer, but he's got one stolen base, sixteen hits, nine RBI, four of which came last night. Both have been very very good pushes for you guys into the year, so into your playoff runs, which is very very nice. I'll remind everybody if you guys got any fantasy questions at the end, I will I will kind of star them as we go and we'll see if we can answer a few of these questions whatever it is for the rest of the season. So just put them in the chat for the Peanuts and the cracker Jacks and we will try to get to it at the end of the episode. If you have any Luis Castillo nine strikeouts over six scoreless frames on Wednesday, defeating the Padres, earning his sixth victory of the year, and that's another one of those guys. I actually think Castillo and Gallon to me are like one A one B of will be my most targeted mid range pitchers next year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, They're gonna be fun because you know, everyone likes to talk about making pictures early, get your races early. If you're not in that camp, you could legit start with a Castillo or a Gallon and be cool with that. Hopefully in round three. I don't know Castillo, I could see creeping up in a deeper leagues in a round two, so it'll be fun. But he's been a beast, got out a great American small park. He's doing we thought he would do walks her down, which is huge, but he's just you know, taking advantage of real defense behind him, and he's striking guys out and he's awesome. He's everything we all thought he would be on a real team though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, by the way, I just like this. I just like James's take on McCarthy. Just bro he was safe. He was safe, and he's an interesting article too. Not to make it back about McCarthy, but just tabling back here Arizona. An easy Central article out here talking about how he's making it a tough situation for the Diamondbacks and what they're going to have to do with how they put it all together next season. But there's no doubt he's going to be in there. And by the way, a dead ringer for lip gallagher. If you ever watched Shameless, he looks exactly like, yeah.
Speaker 3: That's interesting.
Speaker 2: That's a good comp now that I noticed that, because I believe it was after the walk off you guys had last night, you guys in Arizona. I believe Jake jumped over the railing and had the locks kind of going out there.
Speaker 3: I believe it was Jake, and it was a good look, very good.
Speaker 1: Then, so then go watch Shameless and you're like, oh, McCarthy's in it, it's crazy. Let's watch Shameles because it's a great show early the last season. Actually, I'm behind. I haven't watched the last season, which I'm a little bummed about. Not bad, was it not great?
Speaker 3: It's it's well, it's never gonna be as good as when the whole cast is there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, what's her name left? Yeah, I watched that season, but yeah, sorry, yeah, all right. The last of the big headlines, raise are activating Shae McClanahan from the fifteen Day I l and he's already bat his money and price is already back up there. Bubba.
Speaker 3: Yeah. No, people are all aboard the SHANEA.
Speaker 2: Mack train as you'd expect, and they were kind of playing down playing the injury. Looks like he's okay. If he's good to go, then yeah, rock and Roll and Shane O. Mack could be getting you some awards coming the end of the season.
Speaker 1: I remember back in the day watching him cry on his pitching coach's shoulder and how terrified it was, like, Oh God, are we going to lose him? Are we going to lose him? We didn't, thankfully on the injury front. Luis Roberts still not in the White Sox lineup as a Thursday against the Guardians. He's just perpetually never.
Speaker 2: See the White Sox realize they have an injured list. Is that like something that they just don't believe in or is it only because Tim Anderson's on it we can of other people.
Speaker 3: I'm really confused.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know with like, you know what, the biggest nightmare of playing in September this and it's kind of dead now of course, but like the biggest nightmare of playing your fantasy baseball in December was when it went to forty man rosters. No one would ever go on the IL anymore because of the rosters. They would never do it. And you were but now it's not. They added like three roster spots, put him on the el go ahead. It makes no Yeah, I don't know. I don't it's not gonna hurt them. Maybe there's like some contractual thing or something like that. I'm not one hundred percent sure. Who the hell knows at this point. Seya Suzuki heading for X rays on his left hand wrist after being hit by a pitch during Wednesday's game against the Men. That's you know, he's having an average pickup, but you know someone you could probably easily move through. Also, X rays on an injured hand of Ree Hoskins came back negative, which is great, but you know, the hand injuries in general just make me worried. And you might only have a week or so left, and you know, if you're kind of slowly recovering from it, it might be a zapp of power. So if you play in a league, you know, I could throw Hoskins maybe on the bench just monitor it, I suppose, but I would be a little bit worried about it. And Luisa Rise was pulled from Wednesday's contest against the Royals due to left hamstring tightness. Would you be willing to pull the plug on a Reese Hoskins right now with only like a week and a half or two to go with it. Even if like he's like, hey, it's negative, he's going to rest a day and come back, would you be willing to pull the plug if there or something out there?
Speaker 2: Not yet, but it's one of those where I don't really have daily leagus. If you have daily leagues, it's a lot more tricky. Like my moves come on Sunday, so I want to see some news the next couple of days. But if he's not playing for the next few days and it's still kind of a day to day thing, possibly, it definitely would depend on.
Speaker 3: What's out there.
Speaker 2: I'm not just for any willy nilly move, but if it's something that could help me in the last couple of weeks, yes, because it is that time of the year you just start cutting ties. I made a joke on a recent episode of my show that you almost need to just like cover up names and just look at what stats are best for what your team needs are right now, and.
Speaker 3: That's all that matters anymore.
Speaker 2: So if that's the case, fine, But Reese has been awesome this year, so it's tough to do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, pictures sometimes make it a little bit tough. If you have like a good picture that might miss a start. But then it's like in the championship week, you can get that one big start can make a difference. But it really is that case with hitters and chasing categories and stuff like that. If you have a great power team already and he's hurt and there's something out here for sure, Yeah, but the big question always, Uh, these blanket statements come out that hey, you can move on, but it's dependent on what is out there. But just letting you know that's one of them. But I do like your idea of covering up the names. Let's talk about some stat heroes. JT Realmuto two for four with two homers. Yesterday, Radolfo Castro had a homer with four RBIs, Julio Combo, Meal homer, stolen base, two runs with an RBI, Gunner Henderson. As we mentioned how the four RBI, Mickey moniac Love the homer in two rb Let's talk about money at in a second. Oscar Gonzalez three for four with a homer. Jonaheim had a home run, Riley Adams, Mark Mathis and Sergia Alcantra with the walkoff homer for the Diamondbacks. Let's talk about moniac then for a minute.
Speaker 3: What do you got?
Speaker 2: I just love seeing it because it's the old you know, top pick kind of flailed out the second he's been traded to Anaheim. He was playing great, then he got hurt. I've kind of he wasn't playing great. He's playing well, he got hurt, and I felt bad for him. Like he's getting regular run, looks kind of more confident at the plate, comes back already, he gets the homer and the double yesterday, he's leading off for the angel They're gonna give him solid run the rest of the way here. I think it's good to see and you know, the talent was there at one point time. You've probably seen him in person potentially, and it's just I think this is a really sneaky thing to keep an eye on come next season that if he's starting for that team, they need that player out in the outfield that can.
Speaker 3: Do this and lead off, and that's a big, big boom for him.
Speaker 1: You know. The there's an interesting trade, uh overall with this, all those Philly guys going at the end of the day seeing Moniac and like Logan o'hop if people pay attention, and Logan ohop has been on another just world since he's been traded from the Phillies over to the Angels. He looked like their top prospect right now. And both of those guys kind of thriving with playing time if anything, you know what marsh is kind of thriving as well.
Speaker 2: And it worked out for everybody, Like everyone got kind of a new look on life, and that's all it takes sometimes, like is it's just not working out a certain place.
Speaker 1: So it's funny, yeah, and Moniac might be a guy you can ride out the rest of the year. The chat's kind of like going on talking about the kind of blinding yourself with the player's names. With McCarthy, we see Oscar Gonzalez popping up. I think Moniac can kind of fall into the same of like, you know, these guys that you get out there that are going to kind of get regular playing time through the rest of this season. And it's interesting seeing, you know, Moniac succeed and Adele still struggle. It really tooks a bigger story about like what Adele's future probably looks like, which really should be on another team like he would do that.
Speaker 2: Maybe he's the perfect example. Go go somewhere else, like get new new lease on life, whatever.
Speaker 1: Get get a hitting coach, get somewhere where they're really gonna like work with them hard.
Speaker 3: On Lasik eye surgery so you can find the strike zone.
Speaker 1: I don't know, ever the hell you gotta do exact like play the whiffle ball games so theotball is easy. You know something I always like to do in draft season, I always tell people you want a great strategy for being able to adjust to twelve man leagues, Go draft some sixteen mans, do some sixteen mans, and then you're gonna have like just a better take on it. Maybe same thing with baseball. Go hit some whiffle balls or something, and maybe maybe that'll help.
Speaker 3: I don't know, it's very very possible.
Speaker 1: Joe Ell might need to get into fantasy baseball here soon.
Speaker 3: If this ya, I got, I got. I can always use a guest spot, so I'm available Joe if you need me.
Speaker 1: I'm sure he's dying on the pitching side. Sonny Gray struck out eight over seven, only gave up three hits. Christian Javier struck out eight over six, two hits, no walks, thank you very much. Luis Castill struck out nine like we mentioned, over six, walk one, giving up only four hits. Carlos for Don continues an incredible year. Five innings, eight strikeouts, walk one, give up two hits in ross, strippling six and one thirds with four strikeouts in a walk. I've actually struggled a little bit with what I'm doing with Redon in even redraft for next season. Dynasty's kind of another question. Where do you think he lies? Do you think he lies in that Luis Castillo range or you know, obviously statistically, I think even on Yahoo's algorithm, he's performed way over that. Do you think he belongs in that upper tier range or more in the Gallon and castillos.
Speaker 3: I think he belongs in the Gallon and Castillo and in that range. I still won't have any of Rodon like. I love the guy. He's been amazing this year and last year.
Speaker 2: But I'm still just I guess in the back of my brain it's always those injuries, and I'm concerned. You got to see where he pitches next year. I don't see him coming back to s F. Let's give him a big deal, which I don't think they'll do. It's not far on strategy, so we'll see how that plays out. He's been outstanding, but right about now you're paying for his best and that's something I don't like to do come draft season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Wonky, here, that'll help increase baseball's populated understand our fantasy game. Go play wiffle ball first, Yeah, Wonky. As you know, baseball really really curates great, great ways for everyone to understand fantasy baseball better and real baseball, you know, by like the money and manipulation and not caring about the players. And baseball does a really good job of its popularity across the board. So you know what, if anything, I think wiffleball would help. You know, hey, you want to you want a great thing for the All Star weekend, do a wiffleball tournament.
Speaker 2: I would grave that would be amazing. Let's go play cutball remember those days? Yeah yeah, let's bring back the little league days. Don't you dismiss me, the Wonky Penguin.
Speaker 1: Don't you dismiss me? With football actually might be better for baseball in general, clearly would be for jo Adell. So we're not going to have that argument on the stat zero's John Carlos Stanton four k's he did have a hit was one for five with four strikeouts, Charlie Blackman oh for four with four strikeouts, and Manny Machado oh for four with three as well. Austin Riley OH for four with three strikeouts, and big names there on the pitching side. David Peterson didn't make it into the second out one third of an inning, gave up five earned runs, walk three, Mike six e and runs in five. Gave up three homers. That's been the thing with him. JP Sears gave up five earned runs and Gi Rasmussen, I'm glad I didn't do it. I almost got tempted to play a k prop with him. He only went four, gave up four, struck out one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, gras is weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I liked him a lot last night too in tournaments as a tournament player, and that did not go so well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no I didn't. I told you guys about this before, but just give you a reminder. We haven't done it in a couple of days. I know Austin Riley did go over four with four strikeouts, but last year he was quite good so much they made the World Series. And in the month of September, if you guys subscribe to the podcast, the Leading Off Podcast, if you rate it and then you review it, you will become eligible to win an Austin Riley twenty twenty one signed World Series Baseball, which would be awesome for the collection. And you take it like a minute. You just got to hit, subscribe, hit rate, put in a thing, put in a little thing, and you're done. And that's it, and you could potentially win on the month of September. For anybody that goes and dos that goes and dos that, So go and do it. Do it today. Over on the home run leader Board, I would just like to point out we had wonky Wednesday, and on the wonky Wednesday it was hit a homer with a lefty and you get double points. Bingo bango. Yes, nobody in the top ten got their lefty or their righty or any of them, because the top ten did not change whatsoever, not a single homer hit by any of them. And when I say hit it is us digitally and virtually, you know, predicting people that will hit it. We don't actually, but I did with my Bryce Harper call, so thank you very much. I doesn't put me remotely close to the leaderboard, so I shouldn't be bragging. But it was nice to have a little home run called Bubby. You know how it goes?
Speaker 3: Right? Oh, I feel you. It's so gratifying, even though it really doesn't mean anything. But yes, it's great.
Speaker 1: Yeah it doesn't. All right, and it's time. Yes we will do it for bet MGM. We've got the blue it's the blue diamond tiara because when we go to bet MGM, we are royalty. We wear our crowns. Sometimes we just have ti eras, but we don't discriminate and bet MGM doesn't either. And if you use the promo code leading Off, you will be eligible for a one thousand dollars risk free first bet. All you gotta do is go and sign up today. Use that promo code and you can get in on those bad boys. You can start making bets, whether it's straight bets. You could go props, you could go strike at whatever you want. You can go parlays, however you want to do it. Get a risk free bet. Go and sign up today. Support Betting Pros Fantasy Pros with Leading Off and you know, get yourself at Tiara, which a shout out to a cousin Donnie for the tirs. They look good. I didn't want to do the hair because I don't know if the hair is now here's all right today. I got a hat on. It looks it's a good look, right, Bubba.
Speaker 3: It's outstanding. I love every This is my favorite segment every day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know everybody loves it. It's because I look like, you know, like fat wonder woman when I put it on with a beard. That's my I.
Speaker 3: You got some cosplay going on over there, yep.
Speaker 1: We cons play over here. We've got some props for you. So bettingpros dot Com the prop cheat sheet, it is awesome. I love using it, and I especially even if it is just simply to kind of just put this back forward, if we are just trying to look for like what's being pushed out there, even if the algorithm is right or wrong, I always like it because it highlights players for me to do more work and studying on. And we've got total bases and strikeout. So the total base props for today, the number one prop of any of them, of anything whatsoever, and the total base is Jose Ramirez. You only need one total base today. It's juiced up minus one eighty and this is over on DraftKings, but one total base they are projecting over to the plus money play. The number one plus money play over at bet is Will Benson with the Guardians, where you need one, so that's it. They project him at one and a half, you only need one. On the strikeout front, Dylan Bundy is the number one strikeout play at minus one sixty for two and a half, so you need three strikeouts versus Kansas City. He's projected at four. A little bit of a risk, but boys at a low number and what I say it was minus one sixty on DK And Daniel Lynch is the number one plus money k prop. On the other side, four and a half strikeouts versus Minnesota, which they love to do, is the number. He is projected at four point six. So it's a little bacy plus one ten bubba. Any of these that you dig that you would want to put a bet on.
Speaker 2: Well, the Jay ram one's outstanding, little juicy for sure, but I kind of like the plus money on Daniel Lynch there. This Twins team's a little scoffling just enough to make this interesting. So I like that plus money on Lynch. But Jay Ram's the guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think the Guardians one already started too.
Speaker 3: I guess it is the first.
Speaker 1: There's so much going on. I gotta get better with that of pulling that and pulling a different one. But that game did start going. Actually, hosramires as we are speaking in the pop I think it's over over half right here. I was about to say, I think it's illegal to do like like play by play or anything like that, but I almost would love to the game on and call like does it get a hit? And we would have We would have done it. You could have got it. If you guys would have jumped over to uh bettingpros dot com, go to the mlbprop cheat sheet, you would have got in on that a little bit of go but yes, good call go cards. Right as we were going, he's literally hitting right now and we'll see he's got two balls. But we're not going to go illegal here. Someone tell me if he gets it, because that'll be fun. I got okay, you do, Yeah, I don't. I don't want to to screw up all my stuff over on the DFS side. I'm gonna pick your brain here because I've only got a couple of things. I picked up some prices from fan duel Seye McClanahan on his return is ten eight tonight, Lance mccoher's on a pretty good matchup nine to nine and Miles Miles michaelis nine to two. You're projected five or more team total runs only as looking at Houston and Saint Louis, which I think then goes back to making Michaelis and mcculler's interesting. So that might be some lineup stacks if you want to go Saint Louis in Houston. But but but what do you think tonight as far as pitching, it could be dk FanDuel lineup builders.
Speaker 3: How do you see it? Yeah?
Speaker 2: For DK like mcculler's is good. I Carrasco could be a nice little pivot off. Mculer's going up against Pittsburgh. A lot of strikeouts in that lineup. I do have a question for you before I get onto my bats though, talk to me about Drey Jamison.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you know what, that's funny. I forgot to put him on here, and I knew he was going to come up. So Drey Jamison I mentioned the baby Backs are coming, then I'm actually bringing everybody up. Drey Jamison is going to be pitching for the Diamondbacks tonight. Super athletic pitcher, big fastball, that's his big play. He can dial it up high nineties. He's got a really solid change up, throws a slider in there, and he started throwing like a two seamer as well, so he can move around the plate. His problem is consistency. So he lit it up in Double A this year, he had like a two and a half and I think it was over four starts. Then he went up into the PCL get lit up in the PCL, so you've got to kind of watch out for that. I think it's great stuff. I do think it's going to be relief long term. But if he's any bit consistent tonight and hitters not seeing him before, I think he could have a game. I just don't know. I don't want to pull like because Tommy Henry had a great first game, Ry Nelson has had two. I think Dre is the most dangerous of all of them in that he could be the biggest strikeout guy, but he also could get lit up in one inning, so I think he's super super risky.
Speaker 2: All right, Yeah, No, I like dre at four k though I think he's a sp two on DK kind of like that ah four k. Okay, yeah, obviously you mentioned the Houston Saint Louis one's the stack. I like the most folks as a traditional like any other give me the d backs because we're fading Sean Manyah yet again, so like, let's just roll beat up on Sean Manyah. And they dropped a fly ball in front of home plate, so it should be an air on grind otherwise.
Speaker 1: See I'm seeing it right now.
Speaker 3: It's in play.
Speaker 1: Yep, it's a fielding air they that is horrific.
Speaker 3: Dang it.
Speaker 1: We didn't get the Ramirez one live, so you had to remind someone remind me too. I gotta not be picking. I literally just go on to betting pros and the prop cheat sheet, and I like to I like to back in the day when Joe was hosting, I would give you more of like my plays in this. I kind of like the idea of giving you what some of the generated plays are. But I didn't even look at the time on there, so that was my bad, But that would have been fun if you would have got to hit there.
Speaker 3: All good. I'll get in the hood all right.
Speaker 1: So anything else on there, any lineups that you want to be targeting. That's an interesting SB two for DK, the D backs for me, D backs for Sham and I A all day long. Yeah, I mean, Jack McCarthy. Whatever you can do, and I has been poop over the four of our five's, you.
Speaker 2: Go there and if you want to get sneaky, I think that that attacking Dylan Bundy with Kansas City's and play as well.
Speaker 1: Okay, Corbyn Carroll, get Corbyn Carroll in there. I like the stack on the uh on the d backs we have got. I think a few questions. If you guys have any this is your chance again a few more. I've targeted a few. James had asked where does Jeffrey Springs go in drafts next year? That's another one of those guys that if you look at algorithms as far as like all the sites calculate players differently, Yahoo's calculates a bit different, but boy does he go way higher as far as what he performed on the year statwise. Two wins, one hundred and twenty four strikeouts, a tiny little smidge over a one whip. What do you think, what's the general range of springs.
Speaker 3: He's gonna be.
Speaker 2: He's very very good, and it's one of those it's like, well, will the Rays finally let him go? Kind of like shamee McLanahan. Then it's a whole other game. I'm not saying any shame. McLanahan was talking about workload usage. I'd say he has the potential to be a top forty pitcher, maybe top thirty. I'd take top forty for sure. I think he's very very good. It's just a caveat of what did the Rays actually do.
Speaker 1: I think he could get into the top thirty range next season. The plus is, as far as pitch counts go, he has I'd have to do a quick math here. I mean, it looks like on average he's averaged between eighty five and ninety pitches a game. His last two have been a little bit less. He had a short outing in Boston, but he went ninety seven against the Yankees on the second in the month of August. Four of his five starts where eighty five pitches are more so, there really are letting the rains go a bit, and obviously he's gonna have a whole bunch of more innings under his belt this season. Because his total, he's at one hundred and fifteen this year, you're probably gonna end around what like one hundred and thirty maybe at best, and then next year you push him into the one hundred and fifty to seventy range. I mean, he looks like he is on the Drew Rasmussen McClanahan bus, Like he's just he's gonna be unloaded. So now they don't have to do these, you know, these opener situations you're gonna have, like you know, McClanahan and Rasmu and Springs. I think they'll let him go. I think he has potential because he's a high K guy too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree, like he's so he's very very good. I just if they let him go, then it's all hands on deck.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how about this? And I should have put that one up on the board. That was from James. Shout out to James uh Kuan versus ikf for steals for next week rest of the Fantasy Playoffs. Steven Kwan, by the way, I was actually shocked when I was regoing and looking at some numbers on the amount of steels he actually pulled up because he was one of those guys that you know, he was kind of empty stats in general, and he's he's made do his fantasy value by having a good batting average, runs and stolen basis. So instead of being a one category guy, he really is like a three categy not elite, but he's a three category player now. Ikf for Kwan next week.
Speaker 2: Man, that's a tough one because Cleveland it's all hit and missed. But Kwan's been very, very good. I'm gonna lean Kwan just because I know he's gonna lead off pretty much every day, IK if he should play every day, which you never know. The Yankees do have death there, so give me Stephen Kwan in that conundrum.
Speaker 1: I agree with you on that one. I'm also gonna go with Stephen Kwan there. I cast fine, they they do have They do have a couple of the young kids that are looming around if they want to give him days and stuff, so I don't know. I'm gonna go with Kwan. I completely agree with you on that one. And they go a couple questions. You guys can continuously drop that as we are ending out, I can start them through the show from the Peanuts and Cracker Jackson the Chat and we can get those from you guys. So feel free in every episode drop a few questions and we will come back at the end to answer them and maybe we can help you guys, either in your next year prep or for your fantasy playoffs. That leads us finally to the home run call of the day. I hadn't even actually picked mine out of the gates, Bubba, so let's hear from you first. What do you got on the home run call?
Speaker 2: As I said earlier, I want to fade Sean and Iyak. That's a tradition unlike any other. Give me Christian Walker, Christian Walker going deep tonight, love me some Christian Walker.
Speaker 3: Love the d bags. Have some fun with that one.
Speaker 1: Ooh, now you're getting me kind of going here that I wonder you know what we're gonna go. We're gonna go with Rake. I'm going with Rake McCarthy, Jake McCarthy tonight. I'm gonna play you on that. When I was tempted to go CORVN Carrol, I also think on the Padres side, I wouldn't be surprised if Dre Jamison gives up a little bit. But you know, I know I'm playing both sides of the plate. But don't be surprised if Dre Jamison comes out first game hot, because that is a possibility. This is a four pitch repertoire. It's a good change up. It's a slider's technically, they got a slider curveball that's in there. He can play all sides of the plate. He throws it really, really hard. It's all going to be about his command if he's on. Dude, mind strikeout eight tonight. But I don't know if that's gonna be working long term, because I do believe Dre is going to be more of a closer long term. But I will go with McCarthy. I like your play. I don't know if I see any others Wonking literally as we were speaking, just put on Nolan Eronato. So those are the home run calls. We will see what your guys is next episode. Because you guys made no movement on the board. As I mentioned, I didn't really give you the leaders, but cat Fox is still at fifty three. Top Dog l Scale is fifty one, high, Covey and de Blum at fifty in Cards Go Cards is at forty nine. Trying to make a little bit of movement here. So that's what the leaderboard looks like. On the home run, calls Bubba, what do you got going on? My friend? What's going down?
Speaker 2: The usual fun and things got written content at a few different websites, but more importantly Bench with Bubba coming at you a couple times a week Thursday Night, bub and the Bloom, I'm gonna have some fun looking at some relief pitching targets late in the season to help pad your stats. That'll be one topic we will be covering. Got an MLBDF has quick gets money through Friday as well to preview the draftings slate for the day. But other than that, check me on Twitter at bed and Trick and I'll see you again next week.
Speaker 1: That's right, Well, actually yeah, we'll be here. It'll be beautiful. You guys can catch in this week Fantasy Baseball podcast Bogman and I doing a full breakdown for the weekend. I've got a Prospect one show, My Prospect Show if you guys don't know about that coming up on Friday with James Anderson. We're gonna be breaking down the minor league season, some of the biggest prospects, doing kind of a full throttle through that. And if you guys dig any of the other sports on twitch dot tv, slash in this league. Bog and I will be doing live streaming for Thursday night football. We'll be playing a little bit of Madden before we'll play the Thursday night game, and we'll be just hanging with everybody and having fun. If you want to check that out and find me on Twitter at is It the Welsh friends, thank you so much for hanging out with us. Peanuts and cracker Jacks are the best. That is you guys, and we will be back again tomorrow. Chris Cleig in the house with me as we'll end out the week. Poor Baba, I am Welsh. Let's go do it. Let's go hoose A Ramirez, Let's get a hit even though we were super late. All right, my friends,