Speaker 1: Get your hands together, and we're gonna stop to party start.
Speaker 2: I'm ready to party.
Speaker 3: The Elvis Duran after party.
Speaker 2: You have to show party car pod podcast, party cast. What are we gonna they have to show pod, party cast, party podcast. We're gonna stick with that. We're gonna stick with that party podcast, the after show, party podcast. It has a ring to it. Let's use that word. Let's talk about it. As we do this, I should lower my voice. Gandhi is still making out with the adoption puppy. Seriously, he's been on your lap and wrapped around your neck for how long today?
Speaker 4: I think we're going on like three hours at this point. Here's the thing. If you have dogs, and you know dogs at all, this guy's behavior is kind of outrageous because he's a little puppy. But he's not trying to run around and be rambunctious. He's just snuggling quietly. He doesn't even bite hard. He goes to sleep like he's so calm and well behaved. I know it could just be a good day.
Speaker 3: And then he pats your face. It's so key he does.
Speaker 4: He pets you back. Scotty fell in love with him for a second. I mean, he's he's a little gem. We love this.
Speaker 2: You don't want to give him back. We want to keep them. He should be our Well, okay, you know what considering adopting a puppy is. It's a lot to think about. But you've had dogs in your life, Gondi, so you you have an idea of what's waiting for you for sure. Option.
Speaker 4: Had I never had a dog, I would have taken him today and then like, yeah, absolutely, you and I clearly have bonded.
Speaker 2: You're my buddy.
Speaker 4: Were going home. But having had a dog, I know how much work a dog is and the lifestyle I currently live, I can't do that. If I had one other person living with me, it would be a different story. But on your own, Elvis, you know how hard it is when you're solo trying to take care of dogs, I mean home every four hours.
Speaker 2: It is. It is hard. They had to go out so many times a day, and they need to go out so many times. They have to be there for them, and to leave them at home for several hours. I you know, after an hour or two, I get anxious. My anxiety life will start to rise. But I tell you, you know, there are the things you can do. I follow this. These two guys, I forget their names, really really really handsome, fun guys. What they do is they go to shelters and they'll choose a dog and they'll take the dog out for the day. They'll take the dog out on just a day. It's either being groomed or they go into the beach or you know whatever the giving they give a dog an experience for the day, and they ended up taking the dog back at the end of the day. But they also put you know the name of the dog, and where the shelter is located, how you can adopt or foster this and that. So they're doing great things. Is that time they spend with that dog every day reminds me of the time you're spending with this little puppy right now.
Speaker 4: That makes me happy. Maybe I should start doing that, just take a dog out a day, but I think I would still end up with like two hundred and fifty dogs.
Speaker 3: My mom does this too. She volunteers with the cats at the pet every Monday at like one of these pet locations. And the amount of pictures I get, look at this, that's what mom, you have three cats already Oh, I know.
Speaker 2: But look at this one.
Speaker 3: Wouldn't it fit great in my house?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 3: Another cat. I'm like, Mom, you are going to be the crazy cat lady for real if you keep taking home every cat you fall in love with. But she loves them all and she just loves playing with them, and you know, spending the day with them. So I mean, maybe you could do the same thing. Just don't take them all home.
Speaker 4: They do such good stuff for us, Like I can feel it calming me down, It centers you, it helps your heart rhythm. Yeah, you just feel so relaxed when you have these little things. Especially this one's just not freaking out at all. I asked if you took Benadrul or something. They said, no, you just like this.
Speaker 2: Well that's the thing. Though. I will say that there have been several people in my life that insisted on going out to adopt a dog, and I did my best. Please do not do not. You are in no shape in your life to ever be responsible for any other living, breathing creature. And in both cases I was proven one wrong. Oh wow, so scary has a chance. No.
Speaker 5: I want two cats, I really do, but I don't have the time for them. I'm going to be unselfish here and say that I'm not going to adopt them, but for the.
Speaker 2: Right reasons, you know, like yes, Scutty just said no, that's being selfish.
Speaker 5: It's unselfish, ple know, because it's selfish. Would be me just on a whim saying yes, I want two cats, and then they arrive in my house and then I don't care.
Speaker 2: For them, but your home all the time.
Speaker 3: You told us that after the show you go home and rot all day around.
Speaker 5: Similarly, like similar to Gandhi, I have a lifestyle that I'm never home. I rot. Either either I'm zero or one hundreds. Either I'm home sleeping, or I'm out somewhere.
Speaker 2: That's me. That's my life. I can't if you want to figure it out. The equation is rot time equals cat time.
Speaker 3: They love to snuggle up against you, all right.
Speaker 1: I made the mistake of facetiving my family back home, so they're all in there like, oh, please, let's adopt. Then my dog, Scarlett, who's a Ausseydoodle, looked into the camera and then turned her head like don't you.
Speaker 2: Even dare.
Speaker 4: She wouldn't want to be at home.
Speaker 1: Well, at least from her expression of trying to see them.
Speaker 2: No, the world of two puppies versus one is a whole different world. But I tell you I love having two and if I could have three, I easily easily would roll into that. But I yeah, like you kind of.
Speaker 4: See how celebrities get to that point where like, what do you mean you had fifteen dogs at your house? Well, if you can, why wouldn't you? But it is very difficult to take care of a dog. You can't just I mean, they're like babies, but they never grow up. No, they are they like children, Yeah, they never become independent.
Speaker 2: We all have a really good friend. He and his husband have two dogs. They also have live in help at the house. There's a great couple. They live in the guest house. They're always there, so they're there at all times. So yeah, if you have living help, get some dogs. Can I get their number? Can I get their numbers?
Speaker 1: Please?
Speaker 2: Exactly? Can you having someone living at the house? Okay, we go whatever you How would your life be different if you had live in help? What would that be?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 3: A lot different?
Speaker 4: I need that for me, I say all the time. I need a nanny for me. Yeah, to remind me when to eat, wake me up, take care of me, walk my dog, walk me. Maybe I don't know, just a thought, all right.
Speaker 2: Pet adoptions. As you know, our friends at North Store Animal League were on our show of the Day that we recorded this, and uh, they're still here. We have a big adoption day going on outside in our living room. The whole iHeart family is rolling through on all of our iHeart floors, coming down to play with the puppies. If we can get one adopted today, we'll be happy. Yeah, and maybe who knows, it'll be this one right here.
Speaker 4: I think I'm close to getting Scott to take this one.
Speaker 5: I'm close.
Speaker 6: It really is the sweetest puppy I've ever seen.
Speaker 2: I don't understand it. I love him.
Speaker 3: You could bring him in here all the time every day because Ghani will keep taking care of him all day long.
Speaker 4: Absolutely.
Speaker 6: My only issue is just like if I'm ever not around for a week, it's really hard to get people to watch your animals without having to pay for it, and you know, I don't want to pay for anything. So like, I'm trying to get my parents to watch Sawyer this weekend because we're going away, and it's just not easy.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, these are things you are smartly considering.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you need to, Yes, I mean I will. I'm going to get another puppy at some point. The time just has to be right.
Speaker 2: And me too, Me too, I agree and thinks things reference at PetMeds dot Com. By the way, because of them, we have these puppy adoption days. Are we doing these once a month?
Speaker 5: Now? Is it?
Speaker 2: Is it on schedule?
Speaker 1: I thinks I don't believe.
Speaker 2: So it's about that. And they put on such a great party here, it's lovely PetMeds dot Com. I'm going there now. I'm gonna buy them out, love them.
Speaker 6: Do you know I've been I've been using pet meds since way before there was even a website.
Speaker 2: Website.
Speaker 6: I used to have to call one eight hundred pet mets. Really, yes, that's a long time. Yes, I started using them when I lived in Iowa, like twenty five thirty thirty two years.
Speaker 2: In Really, yes, I think they have been as far as prescription goes, they've been around longer than any other online or ordering company for pet means what do you call? I used them before AOL was even a thing.
Speaker 4: Pharmacy.
Speaker 3: That's crazy.
Speaker 2: Wow, I can see Scotty, I need to order some more pet meds. Hold on pretty much. Then someone picks on the phone. All right, there's always ways to adopt, there's always ways to foster, there's always way to don ways to donate time and money. So if it's if it's not North sor Animal League, it's it's a it's a shelter in your town you can donate to. We appreciate that. And good luck with your puppy over there, Gandhi. I think he's going to miss you very much.
Speaker 4: Maybe I can foster him for a little while.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I bet you good.
Speaker 4: Let's figure it out.
Speaker 1: Beans.
Speaker 3: We'll do this Beans, Beans, Beans is never leaving.
Speaker 2: Beans is now officially beans. I think.
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 2: Are we good?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Happy pet Adoption months guys ran after party Want to Day were