Speaker 1: Hey It's Delilah. Thank you for stopping by. I have put together some of my favorite radio moments here to share with you on our daily podcast through Hey It's Delilah. Today, I'm sharing some of the greatest calls I've taken recently. We're going to weave them together and share them with you on Hey It's Delilah.
Speaker 2: Lynn Welcome.
Speaker 1: What can I do to make your night more special tonight on the Delilah Show.
Speaker 3: Well, I would like for you to play a song from my wife. We met on the large college campus in the South through fraternity sorority stuff and got married two years later. We're still married, and I think the thing that's kept us together over the years We've only been married five years only, but I think it's been a combination of trust and adaptability. We've adapted to new situations. We've lived in the North, in the South, and just still going strong.
Speaker 1: So let me ask you this, Lynn, she was a sorority girl. Did she get the ring by spring?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I'm going to say it this way. Neither one of us really were worried about getting married, and then then we met each other and it was like almost love at first sight and it worked. It's worked well. If we kept together for fifty five years after being married?
Speaker 2: What is your wife's name?
Speaker 1: And and it was almost love at first sight. Who noticed the other one first? Did she make eyes at you? Or were you checking her out first?
Speaker 3: I think it was more of me checking her out? But she by the end of the first six months that we were together. It was pretty well solidly attached at the time, and her mother wanted us to get a ring it at Christmas that year. We didn't get that until the next year. And we've enjoyed lots of good things together. We've raised two kids there in their forties right now. Got a great grandkid actually now, so I'm a great grandparent. Became that on Saint Patrick's Day this year.
Speaker 1: Well, let me play a song for you two that are fifty five years and going strong. Here's to another fifty five. Okay, amen, thank you, thank you, thank.
Speaker 2: You for calling. Thank you for letting me be a part of your love story.
Speaker 3: Thank you. Love like.
Speaker 2: Hi, Allison, This is Delilah. Can I do for you?
Speaker 4: Hi, Delilah, I was just calling to maybe get some advice.
Speaker 2: Oh, do we have a Delilah dilemma?
Speaker 4: Yes, it's it's a happy dilemma. I suppose this uh guy, Travis, we've been friends. I met him last year through a mutual friend, and we had a lot in common, and he just became a really great friend. And I think he confessed to me, you know, that he liked me, and at the time, I just didn't return the feelings. I you know, I just wanted to be friends and I kind of liked another guy. And we've over the year, you know, we've he's liked other people, and I liked other people. And but now I've I've just kind of come to the realization that, you know, this guy is a great guy, and he's just got a great spirit, and we have a lot in common. And and but I'm scared that maybe he's already you know, I'm scared he's settled that you know, hey, we're just going to be friends.
Speaker 2: How old are you.
Speaker 1: I'm twenty three, So basically you're begging for a second chance.
Speaker 5: Yeah I am, Yeah, I am.
Speaker 1: I'm saying I was a big knucklehead. I wasn't quite over somebody else, and so I pushed him to the side.
Speaker 2: I kicked him to the curb. And now I'm going, Wait a minute, what was I thinking?
Speaker 4: You know, it's just the feelings weren't there, and now the more they are, feelings are here.
Speaker 1: Now you suddenly noticed that, Oh my gosh, she's so cute. Yes, ma'am, I will play a song for you.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 1: You have a good night. Hi, Dave, thank you for calling Hello. What can I do for you? This evening?
Speaker 5: I wanted to send a song out to an girlfriend, and I wanted to tell her that I'm sorry. We had dated for about three years and I had to move here about a year ago to be near her. And in that year some things changed and I wanted more. And I couldn't realize at the time that she was giving me everything that she could give me. She's a single parent, and I couldn't see that I had everything I needed. I was so busy looking for what I wanted it I couldn't see that I had everything I needed. And I just walked out of her life. She was waiting for me to call, I guess, and I was waiting for her to call, and we just never spoke again. And then about two months ago, I realized, you know, just how much I missed her and how much I wanted her back, and I tried to contact her, and we did. We talked a couple of times. But since she's dating someone else and she's moved on, and she says that she's forgiven me. But I just you know, I love her and I miss her, and I just wanted to know that if anything in her life ever changes, you know, I'm here.
Speaker 2: How long did you go without talking to her?
Speaker 5: About six months?
Speaker 2: Okay, and you think that this woman should give you another chance?
Speaker 5: I'm prayerful anyway.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm glad you're prayerful. But I would never, ever.
Speaker 1: In a million years, if a guy broke my heart that bad and was gone that long everything that he wouldn't do it. I'd be scared to death that the next time he got upset, he'd be hit the door and go.
Speaker 2: Running and not come back.
Speaker 5: I deserve that.
Speaker 1: What can you say or what can you tell me that would make her think that you wouldn't do that.
Speaker 5: I know in my heart that we should be together, and I know that I made a terrible mistake. And all I could do is just ask her to look inside what we had and you know, find it in her heart to hopefully you give me a second chance.
Speaker 2: Tarin, Hi, welcome to the Delilah Show.
Speaker 6: Hi, Delilah.
Speaker 2: So I hear congratulations are in order?
Speaker 6: Yes, I hope.
Speaker 2: So tell me what you're celebrating.
Speaker 6: Well, I'm going to be graduating from nursing school in four and a half months. I have to think my wonderful, amazing and supportive husband, because without him, I would not be where I am today. His name is Stephen.
Speaker 1: And how many times did you tell Stephen, Honey, I can't because I have to study tonight. I can't go there. I got homework to Stephen.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. I can't even clean that.
Speaker 1: I can't even get the dishes washed because I got homework to do.
Speaker 6: I think every single day.
Speaker 2: And he never complained, not once.
Speaker 6: And I have children from another marriage, and he has stepped in and he takes them to all of their extracurricular activities and he's always there helping with their homework. He's just wonderful. And the best part is that he has allowed me to quit my job after I was there for fifteen years, so that I could strictly focus on school because the material is just getting progressively more difficult and I really needed to focus and he just has taken over the signing answers and helping around the house, and he has just done everything for me.
Speaker 2: And where did you meet Saint Stephen?
Speaker 6: I imagine that Luke actually, Wow. Yes, we've been fun for fifteen years and we just got married two years ago.
Speaker 1: I will play a wonderful song for you for him. Congratulations on making it through nursing school. I know that is quite the accomplishment. I have a couple of friends that man, they just takes everything. It takes all your energy. So I'm so proud of you.
Speaker 6: Thank you so much. I'm so excited about my new career and just moving forward with my life. It's going to be wonderful.
Speaker 1: I so hope you have enjoyed these radio moments as much as I enjoy bringing them to you.
Speaker 2: I'll share more with you
Speaker 1: Each weekday on Hey It's Delilah.