Speaker 1: Does it ever feel like you're a marketing professional.
Speaker 2: Just speaking into the boyd boy Well?
Speaker 1: With LinkedIn ads, if you can know you're reaching the right decision makers. You can even target buyers by job title, industry company, seniority skills. Wait, did I say job title yet? Get started today and see how you can avoid the void and reach the right buyers with LinkedIn ads. We'll even give you a one hundred dollars credit on your next campaign. Get started at LinkedIn dot com slash results. Terms and conditions apply.
Speaker 2: Welcome in everybody to Fantasy Bros. MLB. This is Leading Off Live. It's me Joey P. Joe P's a pea still alive after the four and a half hour onslaught that was the NFL Draft last night, and with me called up from the minor leagues yet again. You know, sometimes we send him back down for seasoning, but I think he's ready to stick this time. It's Joe Rico. Everybody the Welsh is off today, Arico. It's good to see you too. Joe's one show. What could go wrong? You know?
Speaker 3: The manager came into my office last night. He said, we're gonna need you for a spot. Started tomorrow. They got the hitting camera and everything, and there was a big, big scene on social media. No, I'm very happy to be here, Joe. We were both kind of cheating on baseball last night. You with football met with hockey with my Toronto Maple Leafs. But let's get into the action.
Speaker 2: My friend, I was more than cheating. I was in a whole other relationship. I mean it was Mormon style last night with me in the NFL draft. But I rested all morning and I'm back at it again and we're here to talk baseball today. And if you missed it, go back and watch our coverage on Fantasy Pros because it was awesome. Debro, Fitzie Bogman, Russell Brown, everybody just so good on that show. Andrew Erickson. It was a great fun evening of football, of posturing, of the take on the picks. All the other stuff is up there too, in terms of the breakdowns and the short clips from the video, so go check all of it out. It was fantastic, and of course we're back at it again tonight six point thirty. Join us. I'll be there, Believe me, somehow I will make it. Let's get to the baseball talk. Though, because we've got a lot to go on, and specifically we got to talk about some pitchers. The good the bad. That was last night Thursday the Royals. Cole Reagan's was struggling a little bit yesterday, kind of around the corners of the strike zone. Short start. Everybody had high expectations because it was against the Rockies and everybody wants a big strikeout total against the Rockies. But unfortunately it was not to be for Cole Reagan's. Not only did he struggle, but he came out of the game early with groin tightness. Now we don't have any updates as of yet on this, but the good news is always well it's not an arm thing, so that's good. Maybe he just didn't have it yesterday. Maybe that groin issue was bothering him from the bullpen on. It's hard to tell, but Joe Rico, whenever you have an ace have an issue, especially coming out in a game that looked like a slam dunk for productivity, that's always a huge bummer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's two in a row for Reagans as well, because the previous start lasted only four innings five and runs in three walks at Detroit so it's two starts where you figure he would have done well that he disappointed. Now. I don't know how much to read into the groin injury. It's a good thing that it's not arm four armed shoulder related, but I think we just kind of have to wait and see here. But I will say that everything below the surface for Reagans looks really good as long as he gets a clean bill of health here. If that four to forty era is scaring the guy who has Reagan's in your league, I would throw in an offer because I think that he's gonna be fine at the end of the day.
Speaker 2: Speaking of offers, m Rich is joining us today, first time Prime subscriber. Shout out to em Rich joining us here live on Twitch, twitch dot Tv Slash Fantasy Pros. First time liver. We love all when you guys gin us live for the first time. About three weeks ago, I propose a trade, giving away Langford and Max Meyer for Schwellenbach. The guy never responded to it and I completely forgot about it. I woke up this morning to a notification that the traded process. Should I let this ruin my Friday? Or is there room to be hopeful? Richie, this is on you, baby. You gotta know the trade offers you have and you got to be aware of them and if you want to pull them away. Look, schwan Bach is terrific, so you know, I don't want to. And Max Meyer has I think pitched over his head just to Tad Why at Langford since he's come back from the injury, has raked though. Do I love this trade for you?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: I don't think you should ruin your Friday, Joe Rico. But a lesson learned a hard lesson to here from rich which is if you send out trade proposals, you better be aware and honestly you make sure that within twenty four hours forty eight hours you pull that thing, because you never know when somebody gets hurt and the last thing you want is to get stuck with players that are injured. So, Joe, any other advice you want to give to RICHI here.
Speaker 3: On this one, Well, yeah, I wouldn't let it ruin your week or your weekend or anything. It's not amazing, but it's really not the end of the world. Schwellenbach could still be an sp one this year. He has ace like ceiling to him. Max Meyer is very good. Langford is fantastic, but it's not like you traded you know, two first rounders and got back a sixth rounder or something. It's not amazing, but it's not the end of the world either.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go to another question here. I believe I'm saying this right, el Ciba Cruz. I have four short stops, Willia, Thomas, Turner, Pishett and Pania. Thoughts on who I should start benjer Uses utility or drop maybe for rest of season, and now that Snell won't play for a bit, I replace him with somebody like, uh Myers, Casey mys or even Rope. Uh so, uh, what do you want to do here with all these shortstops here? Rupe? Excuse me?
Speaker 3: So Willie Domis, you probably have to hold because it doesn't.
Speaker 2: Mean Max Meyer. Is Max Meyer the one floating out there? Because he says Myers out here.
Speaker 3: I would imagine it could be Jake Myers maybe, but.
Speaker 2: It says m Myers. Why I assume you mean Max Meyer. If Max Meyer is out there, I want to pick him up. So I'm fine dropping somebody here. Casey Myes, I'm fine dropping too. You can never have enough pitching, especially if you have snell, I think you want to cover your basis. So who would you drop out of this? I would assume Penya is the first guy off the island, right, I.
Speaker 3: Guess it would have to be. But Penya is really good, really underrated, having a solid start of the year. I would probably see if I can pull off some kind of trade, try and trade Turner Basheki. If you're trading the damis you're selling low right now. I would kind of explore the trade market see if you're getting back a decent offer for either of those two, because dropping any of them is going to be kind of tricky. I think if you had to drop one, gun to the head is probably painia, but I would try and explore a trade there first if you can.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it seems like shallow league problems right here. This reeks of that to me, So I'm gonna say, uh, it's Max Meyer here, Uh pick him up? Drop Hania. It sucks, but I don't know. I mean, Doma's value is pretty low right now, so that's pretty tricky. Let's get to another pitching performance from yesterday. Jacob de Gram no decision, allow two runs, five and a third, six strikeouts, against the Athletics on Thursday. So you've been the biggest Jacob de Gram guy. So this is the first time you and I have gotten to talk in season about him. I know you talked about a little bit the Welsh when I was not around last week. So what do you give Jacob de Gram? So far as April's coming to a close, in terms of a grade on.
Speaker 3: His return, it's been a little bit lesser than I expected just in terms of the strikeouts, but a three thirty three ERA, a one zero seven whip. He's got the strike up minus walk right up to seventeen percent. And he's had a couple of tricky matchups recently, going into Oakland or going into that I did it again. Going into the Athletics ballpark has been pretty tricky. Their offense has been very good. He just faced the Dodgers and did well. So I've been overall pretty encouraged. That started against Seattle wasn't great. That was the one where you were kind of hoping for a massive, massive start out of him. But by and large, it's been pretty pretty solid. He's kind of learning how to pitch at a lower velocity, trying to keep himself healthy, this year. I'm not really concerned. I was a little bit after the first couple starts, but he's kind of set my worries at ease.
Speaker 2: This is really funny too. I'm looking at this in the chat, and by the way, it was I believe Max Meyer, So we got clarity on that, young Madge or Meige. I don't like you say it. I drafted my girlfriend's team because I needed one more team for my twelve team league, and her team is way better than mine. I knew this would happen. That is hilarious. That is brilliant. I love that. So you better give her the championship. I mean, it's our team. If she's managing it. If it's just like a ghost team, that's not great. But whatever. Corman Burns three runs, one earned, struck out eight five and a thirds, but no decision for him. That was kind of a bummer. I thought we'd get a w there with Burns on the mound. So Burns has been a guy that's concerned me. This is a good outing for him in terms of strikeouts, for sure. So any takeaways from Burns performance last night, Joe, he.
Speaker 3: Still kind of worries me overall. Last night was probably his best start of the season. He did walk three batters, which I don't love to see. But overall he has been trending in the right direction. I just still when you look at the year over year strikeout rate trends, if you look at those era estimators, his whip is still at one thirty five. Everything has kind of been trending in the wrong direction. So I think I'm kind of in the cell camp for Corbyn Burns. I'm not really that confident. If you can get another sp one back for him, I'd probably be doing that. Not to say that you have to sell him. Things are going to be awful, but I'm a little bit worried about what to expect going forward.
Speaker 2: Another question here from m sylv maximyer Andrew Painter pro Crochet and a twelve team Auction Points League. Look, I mean, what do you yeah, like you want Crochet, like right, that's what you're saying.
Speaker 3: Yes, if you can get Crochet for those to do it, cause the show and go do it right now and come back and keep listening.
Speaker 2: I don't even pause the show just he could do that. Yeah, I mean, yeah, definitely Crochet over those guys, all right, let's continue on here with another pitching performance. Tobias Myers back for the Brewers, no decision against the Giants yesterday in his twenty twenty five debut, two runs, four hits over four innings of work. Myers another piece of this rotation. You're gonna get Woodrof hopefully back. I would think in the days ahead, maybe even as soon as next week. That's encouraging. I think the Brewers make a run here. I do not believe in the Cubs. You know that, Joe. I've said it before. I think the Cubs have a lot of issues that are underlying that are going to rear their ugly heads sooner or later. I think Justin Steele is a loss you cannot fathom to have right now and stay in this thing over one hundred and sixty two games. So Myers last night back, what's his value rest of season? Is he a spot starter for you and matchups and he's somebody you're just leaving in the back end of your rotation.
Speaker 3: I played in a lot of deeper leagues, and then anything that's deeper than twelve teams, I think that he should be rostered. I think in twelve teamers he's kind of a borderline guy where he could be rostered in some leagues. Last year he was really solid, like a one to seventeen whip a three era solid, sixteen percent strike up minus walk. He's a He's a very good pitcher. I don't think the stealing is terribly high. So if you're in a shallower league and you're seeing like a Max Meyer or somebody like that on the waiver wire, I would make that swap and kind of use him as more of a streamer. But I'd also be perfectly fine to keep him at the end of your bench as your you know, six seventh eighth starting pitcher because he is serviceable.
Speaker 2: A lot of questions today, boobitch or all Kantara rest of season, I'm going with Sandy here. Sorry, I know Bloowhich has been great, but I'm gonna rely on the guy come back from Tommy John who is still getting a feelback from pitching, and I think once he gets that feelback, we're in good shape. That's my opinion.
Speaker 3: Plus, we're probably going to see him get dealt at some point. You'd think think it's a very team friendly contract, So maybe they don't, or maybe they're asking for too much. But I think it is Sandy by a hair for me as well, game.
Speaker 2: Ova, Shota, Olson, Paris, Ben Rice for Kwan Cese Lozardo, Wilmer Flores who won this trade A ten team head to hen roto.
Speaker 3: Shota, Olson, Paris and Ben Rice. That's a lot of moving pieces.
Speaker 2: Like the Kwan Ceas Lozardo side.
Speaker 3: Personally, yeah, I think it's relatively even. I'm not. I don't think there's like a huge winner or loser here.
Speaker 2: I don't know, man. I get kwans Olsen's a nice power hitter, but Shota's underlying metrics have not been good this year. Cease is a stud, Kuan's productive. Lozaro looks like a frontline starter right now. Again, I like that into this trade now. Flora is not going to keep up this pace. So just so you know, you need another first base option here, because I don't think that's gonna take you very far. D's twelve team points Francisco Alvarez, Kybert Ruiz or Augustine Ramirez. I'm going Alvarez here, Joe, where are you going?
Speaker 3: My My lenis kind of key bear in a in a points lead, get doesn't strike out a lot. I think that really is going to It depends on how your points scoring system works, but I think it's key bear for me. They're all relatively close. But Augustine Ramirez is pretty exciting.
Speaker 2: Joe, he is exciting, But I think that Mets lineup is pretty exciting too when it's going to get going completely. And Alvarez looked better this spring. I like the adjustments he made to the batting stance. I think we could I mean again, we forgets Galalvarez was there for the bat.
Speaker 3: You know how much as a hand worry you, how much is the hands stuff were you well?
Speaker 2: So it should worry a little bit. But at the same time, the fact that he's back so soon tells me that it was a minor sort of issue. It was a minor fracture. It wasn't to the extent of like back in the day. Remember Pablo Sandoval had the same thing and he was never the same player, and he was out for a long period of time. He was out for months with that handmate, So I think might have been a much lower end version of that. Should wonder if we stash in a ten team league on al absolutely go do that, right now again, right now, that's why we want you to do all these things. Let's do the rookie lookie, feel good moment. Matt Gorski solo homer yesterday in his major league debut. Fun fact there too, he was saying that his first at bat in every single level of the Major League except Triple A was a home run. In terms of his first hint, that was pretty cool. Now he's twenty seven years old, he's got some power. It's a nice story. Whether it's fantasy relevant, I don't know. But he was slashing three hundred and three to twenty five five twenty nine with three homers, fourteen rubies, two steals in seventy seven played appearances. Look, the Pirates need help. I don't know if he's a streamer even in a deep league, Joe, but I mean it was at least a feel good moment. Is there anything else you want to give to Gorsky here from his fun debut for the Pirates yesterday.
Speaker 3: He's kind of a career minor league here. He's been kicking around for a long time. I have a bad lineup. I don't think there's much here really. If you're in like an NL only league. Maybe you take a chance on him, but I think the majority of players can just ignore this.
Speaker 5: This episode is brought to you by Honda. When you test Draff the all the Electric Prologue SUV, there's a lot that could impress you about it. There's the generous passenger space, the clean, thoughtful design, and the intuitive technology. But out of everything, what you really love most is that it's a Honda. Visit Honda dot com slash ev to see authors.
Speaker 6: Ryan Reynolds here for Mintmobile. I don't know if you knew this, but anyone can get the same premium wireless for fifteen dollars a month plan that I've been enjoying. It's not just for celebrities. So do like I did and have one of your assistants assistants switch you to midmobile today. I'm told it's super easy to do at mintmobile dot com slash.
Speaker 4: Switch upfront paymental forty five dollars per three month plan equivalent to fifteen dollars per month required intro rate first three months only, then full price plan options available, taxes and fees, extra fefal terms at mintmobile dot Com.
Speaker 7: Out Here, there's no one way of doing things, No unwritten rules and no shortage of adventure, because out here the only requirement is having fun. Bank of America invites kids six to eighteen to golf with Us for a limited time. Sign them up for free one year membership, giving them access to discount to tee times at thousands of courses. Who learn more at Bank of America dot com slash golf with Us. What would you like the power to do? Bank of America restrictions Supply CPFA dot com slash golf with Us for complete details Copy right, twenty twenty five. Bank of America Corporation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would think so. Perfect transition here from one of our watchers from coaling differs is giving me massive heartburn. Well, if you'll listen to Uncle Joey, maybe you would have been out from that already. Which brings us to today's Microsoft Chasing Challengers brought to you by Microsoft. Just like the athletes who push boundaries and redefine what's possible in business, decision makers today are turning challenges into opportunities, and Microsoft meets you where you are with tools and guidance to help you make an impact with safe, secure Ahi solutions. So whatever challenges you're facing Microsoft empowers you with the expertise to say bring it on. In this segment, we're going to spot yet again, give a spotlight to Rafield Devers, who yesterday when a big alf fat zero for four with two strikeouts is fifth straight hitless game. This is a challenge for fantasy managers because Raffaeld Devers historically is a very good player. He's also coming off massive shoulder surgery. He also was not in shape coming into spring training, did not have the normal spring training. We've seen that effect players before very often when they don't have their normal routine. He is learning a new position, which is dh many great hitters, even healthy ones in their prime, can struggle sometimes with that transition. We've seen it time and time again. Yet everybody wanted to say, hey, everything's fine after a couple home runs one day against the Saint Louis Cardinals, and now here we are back again with a guy who is basically crushing your fantasy team. So what do you do? You find a solution. You find somebody that looks at Raffaeld Devers in your league and says, oh what a great bylow it Devors is going to come back. I tried to tell you once before, I'm worried about him rest of season. Nobody wanted to hear the bad news. Nobody wanted to hear me sing the blues. But unfortunately the song that's being sung right now for Raffield Devers, it's a sad one if you have them in any fantasy league. So if you can get out, get out, because I don't see it getting better anytime soon in twenty twenty five. Maybe I'm wrong, but the problem is even if it does turn around, will be too late for your fantasy team. That is the challenge that's facing everybody who's got Raffield Devers. And don't worry because Microsoft is going to help you with any of your challenges with their AI solutions that empower you to take bold steps and new ideas to help drive your business forward. With Microsoft as your trusted partner, you can navigate your journey with confidence, finding innovative solutions, and reaching new possibilities. Visit Microsoft dot com slash challengers to learn more. So, Raffield Nevers not having a good time so far in twenty twenty five, Let's go to the ups and down zach netto go ahead, Homer in the eighth inning. That was great to see McKenzie Gore another quality start, eight more strikeouts for him against the Orioles and Michael Lorenzen outstanding in his game seven strike outs and six innings. But let's go to Gore, who's leading the league in strikeouts right now. I gotta say I looked at Gore as an interesting late round pick there in rotations. I wish I had more shares Joe because in a lot of mock drafts I had him. But right now currently leading the league in strikeouts. So is Gore sustainable here as one of the top guys on the board at sp or Is this eventually going to regress somewhere else?
Speaker 3: It's really dependent on his command, I think, because we've seen the walk rate get down to the six percent range. The big thing with Mackenzie Gore is that he's always been a whip killer one forty seven, one forty two in his career, and a good chunk of that is due to the twelve nine and a half and nine percent walk rates we've seen. But if he's in the six percent range, he can really he can really live there with success. As the strikeout bump, I think it's legitimate to a certain extent. Do I think he's going to be in the mid thirties the high thirties, No, because no one really does that. But he can be like a twenty eight twenty nine percent strikeout rate guy as long as the come out and is good. I think Mackenzie Gore is that worse the top twenty five, top thirty starting pitcher. What do you think where would you rank him?
Speaker 2: I would definitely say top thirty. And the strikeouts are for real Now, some of the matchups he's had this year to have been a little bit more favorable too, So I'm fascinating to see what he has more games like the you know, the Mets are coming to town this weekend, right, Like, you know, he's not going to face them, unfortunately, but he's going to eventually face some of these better lineups, right, more Braves, more Phillies, more Mets in this in this schedule that's laying ahead of him. I'm fascinating to see how he does. If he handles those lineups well, then I think we can really look at Gore saying he's finally made that jump. That's my take on Mackenzie Gore. But right now, man, you gotta love the productivity you're getting. He's got more than fifty strikeouts already and we're not even in May. The downs for me yesterday Drew Rasmusen four runs, five innings. Thursday, no decision against the Dbacks, Chase de Lander rough against the Royals, five runs, seven hits, four and two thirty. Garrett Crochet gave up four runs and five innings in a lot lost to the Mariners. Now he did have nine strikeouts, but he also walked five guys season high one hundred and ten pitches. And Welsh is not here today, but we do have a videotaped response to share with you for Mike Mayer's earlier two Mondays ago dropping some Croche love maybe a little hate from the Welsh. Let's take a look.
Speaker 8: Happy Friday, America, or should I say Happy Friday everyone?
Speaker 5: Wow?
Speaker 8: But Mike Mayer.
Speaker 9: Happy Monday to everybody except Welsh. And I say that on behalf of Garrett Crochet, who went out there on Sunday and shoved And when I say shoved, I mean shoved it in Welsh's face, because Welsh came on here last week trashing Garrett Crochet. I'm worried about Garrett Crochet. He doesn't look great, he doesn't have the fastball, the change up doesn't look good.
Speaker 2: Hmm.
Speaker 8: Well, this one goes out to all the truth seekers and the inquisitors on the pot cast because I want you to learn and be better, and I want to ask the big questions. I don't want to silence you like Mike Mayer wants you to ask no questions. He wants to be the be all, end all, the commander and chief of fantasy baseball. Dare I say the dictator of fantasy baseball. It's truly disheartening that someone is not willing to just look a little bit further. I want to give you the tools to ask the big questions, not silence them. And Garrett Crochet brought more questions to the table that may try to be silenced. This last start wasn't no hit or ESQ. Was it one hundred and ten pitches over five innings or earned runs which gave up in the first two innings and five walks. Fastball command was barely over fifty percent, all the other pitches under fifty percent. Cutter wasn't cutting strikeouts, weren't striking. He just doesn't seem right now. Maybe it's just the first month and things are cold, maybe it's nothing at all, or maybe also he's changing as a picture in a hitter friendly environment, throwing more sinkers, which is creating more contact and getting less whiffs. I don't know. I love the guy, but I did think things seemed a little bit off. But Mike, I got an idea here, since we had so much fun with the name game before when Garrett Crochet almost threw a no hitter and then we're.
Speaker 1: Like, oh, oh, it's so hilarious.
Speaker 8: I got a name for you, So let's do it after this start. Let's go Mike, but let's take the last name CALLI. Let's go Meh meh little baby he or Mike meh.
Speaker 3: Er in the chat.
Speaker 8: Can I get some mets in the chat? I think we can.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 2: Uh that was a good time. Incredible production value as well. Shout out to Michael Kelly and the rest of our crew here for putting that together, especially the turnaround on draft day. That was pretty great. I see them as coming out there in the chat already. Who has more fun than us? Joe Rico? I mean, really, you know, baseball shows can be very boring, can be very stale. Nobody has fun like we have fun around here.
Speaker 3: We've kicked it up this year, man. I think having the live producer really just takes the show to a whole other level. This year, it's fantastic. I mean it's only April and we're already we're already killing it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, people don't realize that I used to produce the show as hosting it at the same time. It's a lot going on. It's a lot going on, so having the team behind us certainly does help. That was a fantastic I can't wait to see the next good start from Garret Crochet and then the salvo back from Mike Mehertt. It's gonna be a good time eventually. Maybe get those two crazy kids together. Let's talk injuries. So Kumar Rocker, we were crushing yesterday and saying, well, he's probably gonna get sent down. Well he got sent to the injured list instead. Right shoulder impingement. So Joe Rico, I assume this is a real injury. I assume also lighters going to take a spot in the rotation like we thought yesterday. But Kumar Rocker has been a volatile stock, to say the least. So far in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 3: He's been brutal. Like the strikeouts aren't there. He's not walking anybody, which is something that I was a little bit concerned about. Five percent walker, but he's a one to seven to five whipon an eight ten era. A lot of the supporting metrics suggests that it should be better. But he's getting barreled up twelve percent of the time more than fifty percent of the time. It's a hard hit, lots of homers, lots of everything bad. It's I think you might have been right, Joe. I think that they should put him in the pen. Put him in the ninth inning.
Speaker 2: Clean ninth inning, young guy innings situation. Mason Miller was the blueprint, folks, and I talked about it with Mason Miller the year before they moved him to the bullpen. Hey, Rocker should be a closer, just saying it's pretty easy. Life or death has a question here before we get more injuries. Got offered Sandy job and Ti Oscar for WU and PCA, who's been red hot right now. The problem is my staff is Snell's strike. Mclaahan de gram yikes, so you could use some pitching help. WU is a good starter, though PCA playing out of his mind. Whould you take this deal in life or death situation?
Speaker 3: I think the sandy side is where I would prefer to go sandy. Like we've talked about earlier, I think I think he's gonna be fine. They Oscar batting forth to the Dodgers is in a fantastic spot, and even though job hasn't been striking guys out, the performance has been really good.
Speaker 2: With Wu.
Speaker 3: I worry about his ability to pitch a whole season in PCA. I think it's a good time to kind of explore a cell high on him. So I would take the trio.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think what he's doing is sustainable. Good adjustments. He's made certainly a great second half last year, very hard nose player. I like him, but at the same time, unsustainable. That's what I'm saying about sodis from too Some things are just unsustainable, Tommy Edmond unsustainable. The Mets activated Jeff McNeil from the Tendail. They said, Baity to Syracuse, no surprise there. Look for Louis Angelecune, though, start playing some center field. I'm telling it's gonna happen real soon. So let's see what happens. To say with that lineup, looks like Royce Lewis begins a rehab assignment today in Triple A. Yay coming back from the hamstring. So over under games played before he goes on the ale again. I will set the number at seven and a half, Joe Rico, you want to go over.
Speaker 3: Under, Oh man, I'll go over, but not by a lot. If you'd set it like eleven and a half, I would have had to.
Speaker 2: Really, that was the first number in my head and I was like, no, that's too many. It's too many, it's too many games. Next up here, Willie Castro goes on the IL as well with the oblique strain, so can't catch a break for the Twinkies. The Rays put Jake Mangum on the ten day ill with a groinstring, and the Nationals activated CJ Abrams from the ten day IL. So that brings us Joey to our fun part of the show. It's time.
Speaker 3: You know what to do, right, Hope, you know what to oh?
Speaker 7: I know.
Speaker 2: It's time for the best bets of the day with Joey p and Joe Rico, and today I'm gonna go look at Code I Sengo, who's been awesome. Let's go over sixteen and a half outs recorded, minus one fourteen. Code Senga's ghost fourth ball looks for real. He looks the sharpest he ever has in the major leagues. At times in his career he was walking too many, but now it feels like he is really settling into the identity of the pitcher that we thought he might become, and that could be an ace in fantasy. So Senga looks terrific. Good matchup for him. Nats are tough, but I think he can get through them for seventeen outs today. Andrew Abbott five and a half strikeouts for him, Let's take the over. Another good matchup there on the other side, so minus one fourteen, let's take the over. Abbot's been very good again, a good matchup for him tonight. And Nick Kurtz, I'm doing it again. Let's take Nick Kurtz to hit a home run and the a's on the money line. The Athletics at minus one fourteen together. Actually that number is higher than that. That number is plus six fifty, So apologies there. I was gonna say minus one fourteen. That's not right. Plus six point fifty it's wrong. Michael Cally's tired from all the draft stuff. So Nick Kurtzomer Athletics money line. You put those two things together, you get plus six fifty. It's a huge risk and a huge reward. It's Friday. Let's have some fun. Joe Rico, walk us through your best bets for the day. I did Ron Burgundy myself there, which is weird because I know what everything is. I put my bets in and still I still self Burgundy. That's crazy. I can't believe I did that. I'm tired. Last night was a long night. We didn't get finished till midnight. So Joe Rico, what do you have here for the folks on a fun Friday?
Speaker 3: You definitely get a pass, Joe. So let's start with Shane Bozz going up against the Padres, who don't really strike out, which is where I'm going with this one under five and a half strikeouts to the padres're striking out less than any team in baseball to this point, and I think we're gonna shade to the under there. Cal Quantrell, this is funny. It's logan Gilbert, who may be the best pitcher in baseball right now, cal Quantrell, who might be the worst, will be facing up against each other tonight. But I'm taking Cayl Quantrell over two and a half walks. You're getting that at plus one ten. The Mariners walk more than any team in baseball almost twelve percent of the time. In Quantrell, as we know he's kind of prone to the walks seventeen innings, nine walks this year in a whip over too no bueno whatsoever there, So I'm taking that at plus money. And then Hayden west Neski, who I've kind of been in on as a breakout this season, goes up against the Royals, who don't really strike out a ton. But at four and a half it's a low line app plus money. I'm really liking that. So Shane Ba's under strikeouts, Kla Quantrill over walks, Hayden west Neski over strikeouts as well.
Speaker 2: All right, And if you're looking to place bets this weekend, make sure using the Betting Pros app and use our offer at fantasypros dot com slash leading off. New customers place their bets get five dollars when you bet and you get two hundred and fifty in bonus bets if it wins. So make sure you go check that out and don't forget to use our prop bet cheat sheet on the VP app if you're betting props this weekend. The MLB prop bet cheat sheet shows you the best value plays every single day. Get the daily prop value rankings based on projections, and you can find the best props for strikeouts, hits, home runs, no matter what it is, We've got them all. Use Betting Pros dot com slash MLB Props or just download the Betting Pros app, and remember when you do, you get Betting Pros Premium one week free trial. The draft is still going on to for NFL, it's a perfect time to download the Betting Pros app. Use that promo code leading off when you do to get the one week free trial. Great stuff going on there, all right, So yes, the abbotcas is minus one twenty two the Nick Kurtz did I give a big enough pause in between home runs? Plus money line? See what I did there? Plus six fifty? I can't believe. I can't believe that Salvo even had to go out though, So stupid anyway, let's look at the home run board because there was no movement. Everybody took a night off nothing. Sammy Sosa Jersey still available on our Discord Fantasypros dot Com slash chat. That's where you can win this bad boy by calling the most home runs this year. I've decided to wake the Beast this weekend. Anthony santander A going into little tiny, little iby bitty Yankee Stadium. Oh, it's so cute. It's show a door about Yankee Stadium. I want to pinch your cheeks. You're so cute. Here's so cute Yankee Stadium. Who likes to give up offense?
Speaker 5: You do?
Speaker 2: Anthony's and Endre is not just due, he's overdue. Let's wake the beast. So that's just for you. Joe Rico in honor of hanging out with my favorite Canadian Joe, where do you want to go for your home run call this week?
Speaker 1: Or?
Speaker 2: Should I say Friday?
Speaker 3: At least I'm gonna go with mister Colonel Kurtz himself, Nick Kurtz there, Yeah, on Burke going up in in that I was gonna say Oakland again in Sacramento in that little ballpark again. We're targeting the small ballparks, the header friendly environments. That ballpark has been playing like, you know, warm course field so far this year, so warm. I'll take it. Henna, he's gonna get his first, I should say, humid. I guess it's Friday. He's gonna go yard today against Sean Burke. I'm feeling it. First career homer plus six hundred or plus six fifty, depending on your book. I like it.
Speaker 2: I like it too. And this is what I kept saying. You know, you get the a's money line on top of this. You know you can parlay it into bigger odds. But the best part is about this is that Joe Rico and Joe Piezap are both on Nick Kurtz in the home run today, and you're thinking the same, which is Sean Burke is basically triple A pitching, and he's been killing Triple A pitching. And then once we get past Sean Burke, then we get some opportunities in that ballpen. And I think we're gonna get past Sean Berke probably around four and two thirds. So I like the chances for Nick Kurtz today to finally get on the board here, which would be very exciting. I want to thank all the Peanuts and cracker Jacks for joining us today and every single week. Don't forget We've got the cycle with more stuff dropping on YouTube. Subscribe to the YouTube channel. I want to get questions in here too before we go, because we've got a bunch of them. Let's go to the serve. Butter do I drop Tyler Holton or Tennor? How to activate bell off the IR? Joe?
Speaker 3: Probably Tyler Holton, I think, O tell you what are you thinking?
Speaker 2: I agree with I think Holton's the way I would go. Here's another one from Laser. Appreciate the advice I was offered Alvarez from my Langford A boy, oh boy.
Speaker 3: Keeping Langford personally wow, But jord On has not been amazing this year. I think it's the opposite trajectories. I mean, Langford has his own injury concerns with the oblique, but you're it on every year has to miss time. I think it's just a guy who's heading upwards or the guy who's kind of heading downward. I don't think it's a massive gap between them. But me personally, if it was my team, I'm taking Langford.
Speaker 2: I gotta say man, I'm hard pressed to turn away Alvarez. I know Langford's played very well. I think it depends on the format. I didn't see what the format was. I don't think he put it on there, but I would say most likely, like I know what you know, Alvarez, not get me steals like I get that, and I know what Langford's ceiling is. But I also seen the floor of Langford too. I've also seen a struggle for long periods of time. So until he puts it all together, I'm still an Alvarez guy. But that could be wrong, so there's definitely some volatility there in that one. It was a great week of shows everybody, and I also just want to shout out everybody who's joined our twitch. I know people coming over in the month, it was weird, it was different for them. I just want to shout out all of you. And of course you can always watch every episode on demand as well and subscribe to the Fantasy Pros MLB YouTube channel. Drop your comments below because somebody just days away now is going to win a Nico Horner signed jersey, so drop your comments below, and of course subscribe to the channel. Ring the Bell Today cost Ding that's all you have to do to be entered to win this bad boys, so go and do it today. Enjoy the rest of your weekend. Enjoy the rest of your baseball. Shout out to Joe helping us today as the Welsh is at his Jazz Hands dance competition, so hopefully that goes well for him and hopefully he'll have a medal or two when we see him on Monday. That'll do it for us, but the story of the game goes on for Joe Rico. I'm Joey P. We'll see you next time. Kids.
Speaker 10: Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Baseball podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify, Follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros MLB