Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today. I'm Nathan Hager, joined by Bloomberg's Isabelle Lee on a chip recovery morning. Isabelle, A lot of the most actively traded stocks this morning are in the chip space, and they are in the green. Good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 1: They are indeed in the green. So we're looking at video. We have to talk about Nvidia, and the stock is actually now up by more than one percent in pre market trade, which is interesting because the shares have fallen in seven street sessions. That is the longest run of loss since twenty twenty two. And a lot of investors are becoming worried because tomorrow is, of course the earnings day for Video. Remember when that used to be such a big thing. We would have a watch party.
Speaker 3: I know, I always ask every time the earnings come up. It's still as big a deal as it used to be. And a lot of the analysts I talked to her like yeah, I mean this drives the AI trade still It.
Speaker 1: Definitely still is, and I think that people still forget that it's still a cash cow. Analysts estimate that revenue nearly doubled in the last quarter. That's more than any of its rivals in the full year. Sure, competition is heating up. We're seeing a growing number of upstarts, but it's still the star, although it has dimmed. On Wall Street, shares have climb fifteen percent in twenty twenty six. But again, the Philadelphia Stock Exchange Semiconductor Index or the socks has gained sixty six percent, So there is that bag of America. Last week did say that it's still a compelling opportunity to buy. But I want to touch on your software sell off. We are seeing a bit of that weakness there. I mean, since hitting a near term low on July twenty three, the Software sector index has edged higher eighteen percent, but that gain has still has since softened. But I mean, it's still AI world and we're all living in it, honestly, isn't it?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 3: And that leads to the next stock because SpaceX certainly wants to be a big player in the AI trade. What's happening with SpaceX this morning?
Speaker 1: SpaceX the stock is up by around one and a half percent in pre market trade, So I mean, yes to your point. A lot of their first AI satellites are powered by AI chips from Nvidia, but the news today is kind of unrelated to that. Elamas said that they will launch in the fourth quarter their first satellite, so he also said that it will hit quote significant scale in twenty twenty eight, so obviously he posted this on X He said that, of course, where else he said that this will be a significantly simpler, lower cost, denser and lighter than a traditional rack, So we'll see. I mean, Ela Musk has had a bumpy track record as of eight when it comes to these launches, but it's still spectacular what he's doing, I guess. I mean you're seeing these things shoot up to the.
Speaker 3: Sky absolutely and landing on barges and yes, trying to get orbital data centers up at some point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they've launched with a FCC approval to launch a network of as many as one million satellites to do computing for AI.
Speaker 3: Just time to tell us what's happening with Apple. I guess they're coming out with Macmini again.
Speaker 1: Yes, you see the stock kind of softer in pre market trade, down by two tens of one percent. It's a mini MacBook. I don't think I've ever had a mini MacBook. I've just had a normal MacBook.
Speaker 3: But you just have an iPhone.
Speaker 1: That's how you do it. You know, the saying that gen Z does things in iPhone and millennials do it in laptop. So you're gen Z. Yeah, yeah, you're gen Z.
Speaker 3: My gen Z daughter calls me a screenage or guilty as charged.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: This is the first and two years, so it's a big deal.
Speaker 2: This stock mover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.