Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, Radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 1: On Tims Doanebek along with Carol Massler, Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today with us as Bloomberg News equity supporter Avalon Parnell. How are you good, Harry, you all we're doing well. A lot to choose from today, ye skin of funny trade.
Speaker 3: Even know the overall markets were mellow, there were some stocks that moved up and down a lot.
Speaker 4: Yes, no, healthcare is really busy today. We can start off with Compass Pathways, So I'm not sure if you know about the stock, but those yeares jumped as much as fifty one percent today. It actually helped the stock turn positive this year before it was down around sixteen percent, and it's all because of some good data. Compas is one of the leading psychedelic drug companies currently out and they release some positive data for its psilocybin based mental health treatment and the drug met all of the key goals. So we'll see what happens next because they still have a couple of hoops to jump through with the FDA. But it's a good sign.
Speaker 3: This is the one.
Speaker 1: Haven't we talked to them?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: We have, And I would say I have a friend who works in this industry. She is a health care provider and she started out as a nurse and now she's a nurse practitioner who just focuses on mental health treatment with these types of medications.
Speaker 3: She swears by it the game changer. Right, Yeah, yeah, I think these are the kinds of thing they're thinking too, for addictions and so on and so forth. But it's been a long journey, so this is another big step forward. So all right, take your CMPs. And as you said, quite a big move in the share price today, up about thirty one percent. All right, what's next?
Speaker 4: Yeah, what's next would be Masimo, that's tick her MASI. That stock also soared about thirty five percent today after Dana Hare agreed to buy the firm for one hundred and eighty dollars per share. And what I found to be kind of interesting about this is that dana Hare is actually more of a diagnostics firm, but Masimo is a medtech company, and so analysts see this as a moved closer towards medtech, just so that it's a more defensive area of healthcare, especially considering Dana Harri has been hit pretty hard by cuts in healthcare funding, especially from n h grants, so this could be a good move in the right direction for them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel like healthcare right in all its iterations, like there's still a lot of movement and like link ups and so on.
Speaker 1: Well, and I think people would be familiar with Masimo Corporation because of the Apple headlines from earlier, from last year, the year before the court settlement that happened a few months ago, So it was fun. It was kind of interesting to see that headline out there today. Goods company has been like a David and Goliath story.
Speaker 3: So definitely one of my gainers was earlier too, so Masi, as you said, definitely on the move here and no surprise as a target of an m and a deal that went up about thirty four percent.
Speaker 1: Okay, what's another one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we can end up with Nvidia, which jumped nearly two percent and post market trading after Meta said it plans to deploy millions of its chips over the next few years. I kind of found this one also to be interesting since the two companies aren't putting an exact dollar figure on the commitment, but it is another example of how we're seeing big tech continue to push further into the chip space and really making continued investments in AI.
Speaker 3: Well the circular financing or the whiteboard like continuing. But it is you know, this is where you kind of continue to see the demand, right, and it just kind of feeds into it in a big way.
Speaker 1: And Vidia shares up by more than one percent after hours as we speak in the company out with earnings next Wednesday, I believe after market that's the last of the mag seven to report.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think it's also interesting, right, this loyalty, right, these relationships, because you do see that there are maybe some companies maybe looking elsewhere or could there be at some point some competition to Nvidia. They definitely have the first mover advantage at this point. But to see Nvideo and Metas link up, that's it's an important one.
Speaker 1: Do we have time to talk about cheerios?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Can we go there?
Speaker 4: We could definitely get there.
Speaker 5: So from chips to chips to Carol's lunch. Now it's part of my breakfast, Oh breakfast, peanuts are my lunch. It's so lunch, breakfast and lunch of champions. Let's talk about General Mills.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, yes, gis General Mills. It was down about seven percent into the close after the company reported less than expected to say news. The consumers are still continued to be stressed, and they're not really going after these consumer goods that you could just get across the counter. They are sinking on that news.
Speaker 2: This stock mover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.