Speaker 1: All right, thank you Scott Channon, and thanks to all of you for being with us. Right down our toll free telephone number if you want to be a part of the program, it is eight hundred nine to four one Sean if you'd like to join us. We've got a lot coming up in the course of the program today. We expect about the time that I come on TV tonight that there will be a vote in the US Senate on the nomination of Pete Hegseth. It is expected to be close, but you know, you can't say anything with any degree of certainty when it comes to Washington, d C. If you want a friend, get a dog. There's the best advice I can give people. And at this time, when it's freezing cold, you might want to get an extra sweater and bundle up to the maximum level. I've got to give Donald Trump credit beyond moving forget about the first hundred days, His first hundred hours have been incredible. We're going to play part of my interview with him in the Oval Office coming up later in the program as well today and the President now and just think about this for a second. You think that Joe Biden could sit with me for over an hour and answer any question. And by the way, I don't give him questions ahead of time, and sometimes it doesn't even matter what questions I ask him. He wants to talk about things. He wanted to talk a lot about California. He went to North Carolina. We're going to talk about that. He's headed to California. Gavin is planning on, you know, sabotaging this. I don't. I don't know what is going on in Gavin Newsom's mind. But whoever's advising him, or if he's just you know, running rogue, I just think it's the wrong strategy in so many different ways. We'll talk about that. But while he was in and he said this to me in the interview in the Oval Office, you know, while he was in North Carolina, he said he may eliminate FEMA. And we, probably more than any other show, have chronicled the disaster that has been the northeastern part of North Carolina, that it was devastated by Hurricane Helene. It was devastated and that is a failure of FEMA. Remember, we kept having the Operation Helo guys on there. One of the guys was on yesterday. We kept having Franklin Graham on the program. We kept talking to people that were raising money, and FEMA for weeks was nowhere to be found. And he the President today said he's considering an executive order that would eliminate FEMA, blasting it as a failure, saying that the states should oversee their own disaster recovery efforts. And if you think about North Carolina without neighbor helping neighbor and groups like Samaritans Purse and groups like Operation Helo, these people would be out in the freezing cold. I mean, just go back a week and a half ago, or two weeks ago, or a week ago, whatever it was. They were on a one day deadline if you didn't fill out the proper paperwork and you were being housed by FEMA. They were thinking of kicking out thirty five hundred people. And it's freezing right now in North Carolina. I mean, we've got this arctic blast that continues all throughout the country. But what the President is saying here, he's not saying that we're not going to help our fellow Americans in need, just the opposite. He was in Asheville, North Carolina. He surveyed the damage which is just devastating. He said a state response to the crisis would be faster and less expensive. He've rightly pointed out FEMA's not done its job. And where was Joe Biden, Where's Kamala Harris? During all of this, we kept calling them out, saying, when are you going to go help North Carolina? They never seem to care. I have no doubt it had an impact on the election. Early on, we were all worried whether or not people in the affected areas would even be able to vote, But they voted. They voted in big numbers, and Donald Trump carried the state by more than was anticipated. And he just said FEMA has not done the job. And I like, frankly, the concept when North Carolina gets hit that the governor will take care of it. When Arty gets hit, the governor takes care of it. And to have a group of people come in from an area they don't even know where they're going to solve immediately a problem is something that never worked for him. And he's right, he's not saying not to give money. No, We're going to give money to North Carolina, and North Carolinians, you know, deserve the support of the American people, especially in light of how much money we give foreign countries like Ukraine and others. It's a massive amount of money. And you know, so the American people are absolutely the most generous people on earth. They're willing to help the people in North Carolina and the people in Los Angeles, and we want them to rebuild. Now in Los Angeles a little bit of a different situation because a lot a lot of things were not done properly. And if we're going to give billions of dollars, and there's you know, estimate estimates out there, you know, two hundred and fifty billion, you know, up toward trillion dollars. It's not that high, but two hundred and fifty billion dollars a taxpayer money. You've got to give it with some conditions that prevent this from ever happening again, like practicing the science of forestry, removing the brush controlled burns. You know, you build these these areas, these these gaps where you know, even with Santa Ana winds, Santa Ana winds are predictable. Wildfires in California are predictable. These are events that can be stopped. These are events that could be handled. You don't cut the firefighters budget. When the lead firefighter is saying that you need twice the manpower if you ever have a wildfire in the state. I mean, that's just that. That is madness by its very definition. It's insane. And you do need hydrants that actually have water in them. You do need reservoirs that are filled. You can't be pouring you know, you know, hundreds of millions of gallons of water into the Pacific every year from northern California when southern California is very drought prone and you need that water, and you can easily transport that water from the north to the south in that state. It's not that complicated. It is the highest tax state in the country. And all of this is just as basic, simple common sense. The President also newly confirmed CIA director John Ratcliffe has vowed to conclusively answer questions about the origins of COVID. That was good news in my mind. Today we already know the origins of COVID. We know that it happened in the Wuhan virology lab. Why did Anthony Fauci, you know, why was he you know, feverishly texting in January of twenty twenty as he was with other members of the NIH knowing that they gave money to the Eco Health Alliance, knowing that the Eco Health Alliance had given that money to the Wuhan virology Lab that was known for gain of function research. It's insane, but Trump continues to move at the speed of light, at a pace that Joe Biden could never think of running at. Donald Trump today pardoning twenty three abortion protesters convicted by the Biden DOJ. These were peaceful pro life protesters. They should not have been prosecuted, he said. Many of them were elderly people. This is insane should they never should have been prosecuted. This is a great honor to sign this. And he issued the pardons on the eve of the annual March for Life on DC, a massive anti abortion protest that will take place in Washington to mark the Supreme Court's Roe v. Wade decision in nineteen seventy three. Back to California for a minute. We still have fires as of today going on in multiple areas in southern California. You know, you have the huge fire off the Pia Canyon Road which is ongoing, and you have other firefighters working to prevent the spread of that fire. And in the last day, hundreds of very tired, weary firefighters because they're undermanned and understaffed and underpaid. Frankly a battled multiple fire fires in the hills of Los Angeles, in Ventura County and other areas that are threatened like Brentwood and bel Air, and Mayor Bass says her brother lost her home in the Palisades fire. Okay, but they're not practicing basic fire management. And then you got to look at how they spend their money while they're cutting back. They don't have enough firefighters to fight a wildfire, according to the fire chief, and that yet they still cut the firefighters budget. But then they allocate over six hundred and fifty million federal and state dollars to make the Port of Los Angeles green. This is insane. I read this article today. It was in Politico, hardly a conservative publication. That Gavin Newsom has now said, you know, he's yet to hear from Donald Trump and whether he's invited or not. Newsom confirmed he's planning to show up at the airport for a customary greeting. You know, I look forward to being there in the tarmac to thank the president, welcome him. And making sure that all the resources he needs for successful briefing are provided to him. I mean this, this is no way to communicate with the president. I don't know who's advising Gavin, but it's really bad advice. You know, Trump to visit California, and he's been very critical of a lot of basic, basic, simple, you know, forest management items that have not been handled, including the water, including the hydrants, including the reservoirs, including cutting the firefighters budget, including money billions set aside for you know, turbines, and all this other nonsense and all these other green products. So that'll be interesting to watch. I'm not sure exactly if Newsom's you know, doing this for show, but we'll see what happens when he gets out there. I don't think the President's going out there not to help the people of California's going out to help them, but they do, they do have to make some changes out there. It's simple, basic, common sense. A lot of reaction to Donald Trump's signing in order to declassify the files on JFK, RFK and the MLK assassinations. He had promised to declassify the previously classified documents during the twenty twenty four campaign yesterday. It was when I actually saw the tape of it, it was more of a beatdown than I thought it was. A President Trump did it in a pretty nice way, calling out the Bank of American Chief Brian moynihan during the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland. He did it visa via a zoom link. But these are all important items for the president. We know that the President's nominations, the way things look like they're going tonight, that it looks like Senator Murkowski Lisa Murkowski will be a no vote on Pete hagg Seth Collins will be a no vote on Pete hagg Seth. And while Mitch McConnell did vote to move the bill to the Senate floor, there is absolutely no guidance at all from his office. I called over myself personally today as to which way he's going to vote, and so in that sense, it does hang in the bounds.
Speaker 2: JD.
Speaker 1: Vans will be on hand in case he needs to be a tie breaking vote. Our friend John Kennedy from Louisiana gave some pretty hilarious advice to one o' donald Trump's nominees during his confirmation hearing. Russell Voight, Trump's nominee to head the Office of Management and Budget, had his second hearing on Tuesday ahead of his confirmation. Void previously served in the OMB during the first Trump administration. He wants fiscal reform, tackling the administrative deep state. Anyways, said many people also call. He said, you served to Washington for years. You're going to be challenging the status quo. You're going to be called crazy. Many people thought, Noah and the Bible was crazy equipped and then he and then the rains came and all the fact checkers died. You have to persevere. You gotta love this guy. Anyway, So this major hurdle yesterday. But we still don't know about Senator Mitch McConnell. There's been some rumblings that others there might be some discontent among others until this vote takes place. You know, I don't count votes until they're actually cast. But this is an important vote because we need a Secretary of Defense and we need one in quickly. John Ratcleff was born in as CIA director. After the vote on Pete, heg seth, I believe they're going to vote next to and debate on PHS Secretary nominee Christy Nome is not a problem expected in that area. Hawaii's Urano is the only Senator to vote know on Collins, continuing partisan streak of the hearings. Anyway, the only lawmaker on the Senate Veterans Affair Committee to oppose Trump's nominee to the Department of Veterans Affairs. That's Doug Collins, former representative from Georgia. So that's the latest on the nominee front. And there's a lot there. We have a ton of immigration news we've got to get to today Donald Trump more economic news. The economy he is inheriting is an unmitigated disaster for the American people. That means all of you out there listening, and we'll give you that information so you know exactly where Donald Trump is starting as he begins the process of hopefully getting this economy humming again and getting prices down, and getting energy prices down, and getting inflation down and getting interest rates down. It won't happen overnight, but hopefully it can happen pretty quickly. Watching the people in North Carolina today, it is unbelievable. When when did Hurricane Helene actually Hitlinda. Was it October November? In November, the end of September, right the end of September. It's been such a long time. Anyway, here's President Trump. And why Joe Biden, Kamala Harris, you know, didn't give North Carolina at the time of day, is unfathomable to me. Telling the people in North Carolina, the victims, that you're not forgotten and how badly they were treated by the last administration.
Speaker 2: We've come to North Carolina with a simple message for all the people of this region who were hit so hard by Hurricane Helene. And that message is very simple. You are not forgotten any longer. You were treated very badly by the previous administration. And I'm here after a few days of the administration. We're going to California in Los Angeles. They got hit hard, as you know, a lot of that could have been prevented. I think of the head water, which they had plenty of, but they didn't use it. But I'm going there. But we set up to go there, and they said, what about North Carolina? They said, well, what would you? I said, I have to stop there first. I'm stopping in North Carolina. So we made the stop. I wanted to come here, and before I went anywhere, frankly, in the campaign, I promised that I'd come back to western North Carolina to help the people of the state. And today here I am to deliver on that promise. And we have a lot of things in mind, and we're getting the core of the Army Corps of Engineer engineers all set. You need your riverbanks fixed, you need a lot of roads fixed, and we're going to get it done and rapid time. And I've asked Susie Wiles and all of my people to start calling up, get the corps ready, and they're going to get ready to go.
Speaker 1: I don't know what it is.
Speaker 2: I don't know what took so long for the other administration, but remember I wasn't here for the first four months or three months, whatever it may be. See, we can only start as of essentially one or two days ago, and we've made a lot of progress over the last couple of days. Michael, I understand. We're going to get you the resources you need and the support that you deserve, and we'll be at de side through every step of the rebuilding. And no American is going to be left behind.
Speaker 1: No American is going to be left behind, and we don't need FEMA to do it. Let's go back to October Joe Biden telling another lie like the border's secure and the borders closed, and inflation is transitory, and all the Democrats saying, what a cognitive genius he is. I'm a young person. He runs circles around four or five of us at one time. He's so energetic, which we also know is a lie. But him promising that the victims of Hurricane Helene were getting everything they need in spite of everybody on the ground telling us the exact op Listen, well, what are.
Speaker 3: The states in the storm phone?
Speaker 2: What do they need after.
Speaker 3: What you saw today?
Speaker 1: Oh on the storm zone, Yes, sir, I'm going what storm is groving of?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they don't ever there they need.
Speaker 3: They're very happy across the board.
Speaker 1: So we're just trying to have to go back to the content and listen more money with.
Speaker 2: Her to President.
Speaker 1: Now, I will say this, if you want to know what really was going on on the ground of the time, let's listen to one of the victims that spoke out today, She saying she'd been fighting with FEMIS in September the twenty seventh Listen.
Speaker 3: I've been fighting with FEMA since day one. Our community there's like thirty two homes. We don't have a road in the bridge. We're driving through our neighbor's property. You know. I went to EMS and I said, look, my concern is if we have a fire or we have an emergency out here, you're not going to get to us. You can't get those big trucks up here. And and I've called and called and called FEMA, and you know, I said, it's this happened on September twenty seventh. That's four months ago. Well for us, today is still September twenty seventh. You know, we haven't had help. And so when I talk to FEMA, I'm explaining the road and the bridge, and they send me a letter that tells me to basically fix it and send in my receipts and they'll refund me some money. I'm on looking at a road and bridge that honestly, the bridge itself is probably going to be three hundred thousand dollars in the road could be close to that. Also, because we have to have the community has to have big boulders brought in. We're not a rich community. We can't fix it ourselves, you.
Speaker 2: Know, It's just.
Speaker 3: And as far as like house repairs, I'm still pending. I can't get money from FEMA until I fix the road and bridge and send in my my my proof that it's fixed and everything. It's just it's been a nightmare and I totally feel that we have been forgotten. If it had not been for for our fellow American citizens who stepped up to help us, I don't know what we would have done. I have. I have five neighbors around me who completely lost everything. You know, I have damage to my house, and I feel I don't feel entitled. I'm embarrassed to even say I need help because you know, and sometimes there's even that that that that survivors guilt us what they're calling it. But you feel guilty even be alive sometimes, you know, when you look around, you see your neighbors that are gone, and it's just, you know, we need help. I wrote a letter that to send to Congress. You know, I don't understand what's going on. If we can get FEMA help, then will you guys help us? Will you step up and be our fellow citizen? Will you step up? And be our neighbor and send us something, help us, help us get our community back. It's I could go on, it's just a I don't know. It's just heartbreaking. God appreciate you.
Speaker 1: Rebuild and will send you a check. Give us the receipt. What do they think people have hundreds of thousands of dollars just standing by to build a new house. Are they out of their minds? I've never This is why government I always say, don't trust them, don't count on them. And if you need any more evidence, look at government schools. They can't keep towns in cities safe and secure. Social Security, Medicare is headed towards insolvency. Obamacare a disaster, not one promise of Obamacare, and they want a green new deal. Cradle to grave, womb to the tomb, society. That's real life what that lady is describing. And again, neighbor helping neighbor, Samaritan's purse. Franklin Graham was with the President today. He grew up right near where the where hurricanes lean struck, and he pointed out Trump's not coming there for votes. The election is over. He's not running for office again. He wants to make life better to the people in North Carolina that have been abandoned. Oh, just just send us your receipts. Well, you can't get through the roads and there's no bridges. How are you going to get the building materials there? You're going to fly him in on a helicopter. These people out of their minds. It's unreal. They abandoned them. They abandon our fellow Americans, you know. And then I go to the economic numbers. I was pointing out earlier, higher mortgage rates, record home prices, you know, sales Now, US home sales in twenty twenty four, the last year of Biden fell to the lowest level in nearly thirty years. This is two years in running. It's been a disaster. What do you think that is? Higher mortgage rates, record home prices, you know, kept sales subdued for the second straight year. People cannot afford it. I've been there. I know what it's like. It sucks. It just does. Then we have you know that more people are paying the minimum payment on as credit card balances of rising. You know, in the third quarter of twenty twenty four, nearly eleven percent of active credit card accounts paid only the minimum balance well, you know, with twenty one twenty two percent interest rates, you're never going to pay that money off. And people using that money not for extravagance. They're not going to air mace and sacks, Fifth Avenue and expensive stores. No, they're going to grocery stores. They're putting gas in their cars that is way too expensive. You know, whether it's a busted refrigerator, car trouble, medical issues, unexpected cost of any kind. It's a part of life. But even routine curveballs are now spelling serious financial trouble for many Americans. According to a new report that came out surveying one thousand US adults about their ability to handle a surprise bill like that, they found fifty nine percent of Americans starting out this year don't have enough savings to cover an unex expected one thousand dollars emergency expense. I mean, I mean that's the bare minimum, a thousand dollars. Most people can't afford that this has had. This is what paying twelve thousand dollars more year because of Biden Harrison Plation does to people. By the way, Trump is ordered the halt of the wind energy and these ugly windmills by the way, California, you know, they're cutting the firefighters budget, but they put aside billions for that disaster. And by the way, don't forget it was Donald Trump that got Elon Musk. You know that's been attacked because he's friends with Donald Trump. Uh to get you know, starlink communications up for the people in north northeastern northwestern North Carolina so they can have communications back. And Trump's call what the Saudi Crown prince has resulted in a six hundred billion dollar pledge and investment to our country. And call it the Trump effect, you know, Trump warning economic leaders at Davos, you know, make your products in America or face tariffs. I mean, we can't even buy a dozen eggs. I eat eggs and meat, and the egg supply is now strained because of bird flew. Most people around the country paid nine bucks, you know, for a dozen eggs. I know for a fact, that's what it cost. I like to get organic, large cage free eggs, you know, trying to eat a little healthier, and it cost eleven dollars a dozen. Now I can afford it, and that's the diet of my choice. But still that's a lot of money for a lot of people. I remember when eggs were, you know, just a couple of dollars, a couple of dollars, a dozen. Now Donald Trump is using military cargo planes, fulfilling his promise on the border to fly Biden illegals back across the border. The President has shuddered the Biden administrations immigration offices in Latino, Memora, America. Donald Trump and Ice have raided, you know, make these raids even in sanctuary states and cities. They're finding tedophiles, gang bangers, and a suspected terrorist. You know, they're up to hundreds and hundreds of people, including new arrests of teedofiles, gang members and a suspected terrorist in New York. And this crackdown continues. Illegal alien gangs have been targeting the homes of NFL players, we find out according to the Daily Caller, I mean, we've been reading all about these NFL players. Tom Homan says that the Haitian illegal who vowed he'd never returned to Haiti is being returned to Haiti. And he was trashing Trump and praising Joe Biden and Barack Obama. The judge that block Trump's birthright citizenship Reform gave an anti cop rioter, according to the Justice Department website, who tried to burn down a Seattle police headquarters a slap on the wrist two years sentence. Gee, because you're appointed by a Republican doesn't mean a whole hell of a lot. Los Angeles suburb unanimously voting to become a non sanctuary city to support Donald Trump. On the other hand, then you have other cities vowing to fight Donald Trump. I mean, this is insanity. It's not my job, says the sheriff. Vows that Vegas police will not assist with Trump's illegal immigration roundups. Why not. That's called enforcing the law. The law enforcement Ice. You know, it's pretty unbelievable. Massachusetts Massachusetts District is instructing school bus drivers to harbor illegals from Ice. By the way, James Carvell has spoken out. He's calling on Joe Biden to disappear into retirement, wondering if he tries to steer the party forward that will have a negative impact. Your last act was terrible. Just get out of the way. Your party is moving on. And he's not wrong, and he said he should go to his home in Rehobeth and Delaware and just stay there. Ouch. Uh not exactly the nicest goodbye from James Carvill. James Comer warning that the Trump DOJ now has the power to subpoena Joe Biden's personal bank records, and they should. Trump pulled the plug on Anthony Fauci security detail. After all we know about what he knew about the origins of COVID. I believe he flat out lied to us. I want a full investigation and he can't plead the fifth anyway. We got so much news to get to. Oh and by the way, Kamala Harris and her husband were caught using plastic bags after going to the grocery store, but they wanted to ban plastic straws. You can request, by the way, and you can you have reusable bags. Because I like the reusable bags. I buy them and then I bring them with me. I know, I'm like a little old lady when I go to the grocery store, Alynd, I know you're laughing, because I buy them and they're much stronger and they don't breakastic ones in the paper one's break. I don't want to breaking