Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is Nick shot screaming live on Dallascowboys dot Com.
Speaker 3: And the official Dallas Cowboys at now Here.
Speaker 1: Are Bill Jones, Everson Wolves, and Nicky Spagnola.
Speaker 4: It's Friday, Yes it is you.
Speaker 3: You know what that means. If it's Friday, there's.
Speaker 5: Cowboys are heating to the Valley of the Sun.
Speaker 3: Nothing but celiz boy.
Speaker 5: There's a football game to get fired up for.
Speaker 3: There's a number of.
Speaker 5: Football games to get fired up for, and the most important ones. It's three twenty five on Sunday afternoon, State Farm Stadiums. To call that still, I believe it is Glendale, Arizona, your Dallas Cowboys taking on the Arizona Cardinals in front of a full house of Cowboys fans. And yes, we have a distractable player, the producer Supreme Chris Beam, who was telling us all these things that we need to include in the show, and he forgot the most important thing, which was stampede.
Speaker 3: But we got it Friday, We got it. Yes, we did.
Speaker 4: Way to go, producer, and it better be a go team too.
Speaker 1: By the way the go, Team, Go, team, better go, and we're gonna get it fixed one of these days.
Speaker 6: We've got Savannah on the show.
Speaker 3: And I hear it's going to be Monday, Monday, all.
Speaker 5: Right, big open for Savannah Sports Savvy on X.
Speaker 1: Now she'll know she has made it.
Speaker 3: Ever Walls is on assignment. We needed him today.
Speaker 7: He's calling in.
Speaker 6: Of all days.
Speaker 7: He mentioned something.
Speaker 3: Yesterday, something about calling in or texting.
Speaker 5: He might whoever he was going to be with today is a big fan of the show and would like to call in. And he actually took a picture of the phone line and the and the text line as well, the number to call or text. And so we may be hearing from Ever soon. But as Mickey has alluded to already, the big story of the day is number seven, and that would be Trayvon Dicks.
Speaker 1: Probably was taking place while we were doing the show.
Speaker 3: That's right. During practice, yes, practice, Yeah.
Speaker 1: The part of practice that nobody got to watch. They were doing one on one drills and I think.
Speaker 3: You heard that stepped on somebody's foot and to a one on one drills during practice, and of.
Speaker 1: Course somebody had to tweet out, well, why are they doing one on one drills.
Speaker 3: It's like, well, let's practice.
Speaker 5: They gotta get ready for Sunday and there will be one on one drills that count on Sunday.
Speaker 1: No, it's just it's just weird how you can suffer an injury in this game with very little contact. You can suffer a torn achilles stepping off the.
Speaker 4: Curb, and this one, as.
Speaker 1: Mike McCarthy called it, a real gut punch this morning on his radio segment, And it was really the first one and I think that's why everything was going so perfectly gosh since the start of training camp.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they had a couple guys, young.
Speaker 1: Guys suffered acls, but it was no big injury to anybody that was already significant to this team until now.
Speaker 4: And you're sitting there.
Speaker 5: You could make the case, obviously Micah is playing better than anyone on this team and anyone on probably any team.
Speaker 3: In the league.
Speaker 5: But you can make the case that Trayvon Diggs was number two on that list of impactful players.
Speaker 4: Well this season, let me give you the stats.
Speaker 1: Six tackles, one forced fumble, one interception, three passes defensed, one of us leading to a interception for a touchdown, and he was really playing well, almost had another interception on the goal line, and.
Speaker 5: Even going back to training camp, I mean we would rave about Micah and Trayvon was right behind him right.
Speaker 3: As far as making plays during absolutely and.
Speaker 1: I almost forgot it Wednesday was his birthday.
Speaker 4: I don't know if I.
Speaker 3: Need to say more.
Speaker 1: You know, it's just I mean, I think the whole thing for the team was heartbreaking to see this happen to him.
Speaker 7: I think also just who he is and how he has grown here at the Cowboys. I think he was so confident going into this season and you could even start to see that the first couple of games. And I think there was such an outpour of you know, concern for him after yesterday, and he tweeted out, you know, thanking everyone for the prayers, and everyone was checking on him. But I think, you know, it really is kind of a thing here now. Everyone's a little down today because of it.
Speaker 1: For sure, and Mike McCarthy talked about it, and they can't remain down too long, exactly. Still got to play, to play a game, and welcome to the NFL.
Speaker 3: This stuff happens.
Speaker 1: I mean, look at no one's feeling sorry for you, No one's feeling sorry for Arizona that they don't have Kyler Murray or they just have to put Buddha Baker on injured reserve, So you gotta go on.
Speaker 5: It's not even to every team in the league, and you just hope it doesn't happen like it did to the Cowboys who have a significant player like this. But it's going to happen to significant players all season long.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and uh, and I kind of liked Micah's tweet that I saw, I think it was yesterday last night. He said, I am my brother's keeper. I got you seven. No more need to be said. And I think the team's got to rally around this and realize that, you know, you got to go on. The show goes on. And uh, that's why you know my point. My column's not up yet. But it's two games into the season and already, you know, out there we're naming Mike McCarthy the co of the Year and the Cowboys are going to the Super Bowl and they're the best team in the league. It's two games and I get it, you know, they haven't won two in a row to start a season, you know, too often of late, But.
Speaker 3: It's two games, you got fifteen to go.
Speaker 1: As Dak Prescott would tell you, you know, it's no time to start sniffing yourself or build parcels.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: Don't let the loaf hanging cheese, you know, get in your way. You still got to put your head down. And I don't care if you're playing a zero and two teams. This is the NFL. You can't start being complacent. So I think this is a reminder that you know there's still a hell of.
Speaker 4: A lot of work to do.
Speaker 5: This is why you build a roster the way you build it to be able to offset injuries that occur like this. That's why I think the prudent people who make their picks at the beginning of the season, you pick teams that have the best depth, should in order to make it through what is the longer season than has ever been before in the last couple of years, expanding it out to seventeen games, and injuries happened so often, and so now it's on others to step up in Trayvon's place, and they've got capable guys to step up. They may not have the playmaking ability that Trayvon has, but you can win football games with these guys.
Speaker 1: Well, the way it looks and Mike McCarthy's going, I mean, he talked on the radar this morning. He didn't qualify this but and his conference calls at twelve thirty here today. The way it looks is Deron Bland, who's been in the slot, is going to go out to Diggs's spot at the right cornerback spot. And if everybody remembers last year when Anthony Brown went down, it was week thirteen of last year, I believe it was that it was Deron Bland that went and played the cornerback spot. He played the left cornerback spot after he was working in the slot in place of Jordan Lewis, and he played well. I mean, he led the team last year with five interceptions, and he got one in the season opener thanks to the Diggs's hit on I believe it was right, yeah, and the ball popped up and he catches it returns for touchdown.
Speaker 4: And there was a note in the.
Speaker 1: Cowboys release about how his six interceptions since the start of last season is tied for the league lead at this point.
Speaker 3: So the guy could play.
Speaker 7: And he had five in eight starts last year for interceptions. Yeah, he I think he's gonna really step up to the plate here and now he has that expectation.
Speaker 5: Well, he was in that position, as you point out, last year, he was in the position when Jordan Lewis went down with his Liz Frank injury. It was Deron Bland who had to step up in that slot position. He came through with flying colors.
Speaker 3: And we're talking a fifth round draft choice. It was a rookie last year. It was a rookie.
Speaker 4: Uh so uh.
Speaker 1: The fact that they can put him out there and then very fratuitously is that a word? Yes, it looks like Jordan Lewis is ready to go and take on his old job as the nickel corner.
Speaker 6: He had his ramp up of ten snaps steps.
Speaker 3: Right now, By golly, you're ready to go. Here you go. We didn't give Savannah a ramp up on this.
Speaker 5: And then there's Noahogany right now? What your first round draft pick of the Dolphins four years ago.
Speaker 4: I don't know you'd rather say that than saying, oh, we got.
Speaker 1: To play Kelvin Joseph now, who definitely wasn't ready. But Igbinoghany is least an outside guy, and you could still have Eric Scott, who early in training camp stepped up and earned a spot.
Speaker 4: On this team. So, but what happens is when you have these and you go.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think I got enough depth to get through this, but it's like, okay, what happens with one more injury? Then you've depleted your depth and you've got to go to people that you weren't planning on playing. But again, you know, you got an experienced guy to put in the slot now with with Jordan Lewis and a guy that performed well last year, Deron Bland. And by the way, Bland played well enough that even though Jordan Lewis is going to be healthy, if this hadn't happened, Jordan Lewis was going to be the fourth corner because Bland was playing right.
Speaker 5: And there's another experienced corner who was a former Cowboys draft pick and started here for several years who was let go by the San Francisco forty nine ers yesterday after.
Speaker 3: A few days here.
Speaker 4: Two days he.
Speaker 5: Was with Pittsburgh on the practice squad. Anthony Brown we speak.
Speaker 4: Of and he must not be ready.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know.
Speaker 6: It just depends on.
Speaker 4: It.
Speaker 3: Could be with the forty nine. It could be that. I don't know, well, but what happened.
Speaker 5: San Francisco played a game last night and so they had to make some moves to play a game last night.
Speaker 1: The Steelers had released him off their practice squad.
Speaker 4: I thought he got poached, but he didn't.
Speaker 1: He got released off the practice squad and then San Francisco picked him up at the beginning of the week. He was there two days and then they decided to promote Trey Swilling from their practice squad to the active roster for the game. So I don't know if they saw that once Anthony got there that he hadn't recovered, or.
Speaker 5: If it was with the idea that we'll sign you back or what.
Speaker 4: Yeah, right, So you never know.
Speaker 1: But again, like I said, you know, it was week thirteen last year, so when he got hurt, and so he has not even had ten months to recover. And it's a torn achilles, so that takes some time. And you know, the kind of the sad part for his situation was he ended up at the start of the league year being a free agent because his contract was up, so that meant he wasn't allowed to be in the building continue as rehab, so you never know exactly where he's at, but you know they'll keep their eyes open. But look, let's end this discussion. They're not using a first round pick to trade for a cornerback, and anybody that's got a cornerback worth the first round pick is probably not trading them for just a first round pick. So this I saw somebody on X. Maybe that's why they call it X. We should exit out right. Oh, let's go trade for sauce gardener because the ye I saw that so him seriously, seriously, oh lord, so stop the nonsense. Even if you even considered it, that's not going to happen. So you got what you got. That's why, as Bill said, you put together a fifty three man roster, and you should put it together to have to withstand things like this. It happened early to the Cowboys, but chances are there'll be something else you have to overcome. That's just part of being in the NFL.
Speaker 5: And we're just getting started here on mixed shots. We're taking your text eight one nine oh three two eight sports seven. You get anything there you want to pull off to the next segment.
Speaker 7: We can hold off to the next segment, we're gonna see if some more trickle in here.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, We're just it's gotta be good trickles in and.
Speaker 5: Uh, we're going to take an up close look at the Arizona Cardinals too. This football game the Cowboys will play at three five on Sunday afternoon.
Speaker 3: When we come back in.
Speaker 4: Just a moment, they ain't cancel it.
Speaker 2: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 8: And they snapped the fresh guy who looks right, it's not there. He escaped, flapped. He'll run full a first down.
Speaker 2: Just like football. When it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 8: Prescott's gonna run this ship show, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 2: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered. What are you waiting for? Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 4: You know that sound anywhere?
Speaker 9: It's the crisp crunch, that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection. That's what we're looking for. Add a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana. Because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping, there's no topping of pepsy finish nachos better with pepsi.
Speaker 6: That's what I like.
Speaker 10: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 11: Cowboys Football and Miller Lite. What a pairing can cracks a kickoff tailgates going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes, followed by Monday morning swag, Brisky and the Smoker Miller Lyte and the two America's team playing America's Greatest school. Miller Lite, the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys football tastes like Miller Time Celebrate Responsibly twenty twenty three Miliberal Company, Fort Worth, Texas, Demitt.
Speaker 7: Shuts K Post Roofing and Waterproofing, the official roofer of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: All right, we.
Speaker 5: Did hear Jerry Jones this morning also on the radio talking about Trayvon Diggs. He got any notes on what Jerry had to say.
Speaker 3: Uh, one of the things he said, it was pretty good.
Speaker 1: He said, I wish we could roll that back to the beginning of the week and sit Old Digs down the whole week in that practice.
Speaker 3: So well, that's not the way it works.
Speaker 1: He also pointed out, and I think they asked him about making a trade. He goes, no one has the impact he has. We do have depth relative to playing that position. So we've talked about.
Speaker 4: That, and you know, I think.
Speaker 1: The guys on the fan this morning thought that, you know, McCarthy was going to come on and be all somber and you know, and he was kind of being level and the thing he told him is you know, the biggest thing, the most important thing for us is to continue being consistent, and that's the hardest thing in the NFL to achieve. He actually talked about, we know how hard it is to win a Super Bowl, but the thing I valued the most at Green Bay is that we had eight consecutive winning seasons, which means we remain consistent. And he was talking about how the coaching staff's message to the team has to remain consistent. You can't go in there and oh woe is me and have everybody feel in that way. You feel that way for Trayvon Diggs, but you got a job to do and you've got to go.
Speaker 7: So we have a game on Sunday, so you've got to prepare for it.
Speaker 5: Exactly before we leave the cornerback room, I'll throw another name out there of a free agent and as Casey Hayward, who has a history with some of the defensive coaches, including Joe Witt, who was the cornerbacks coach for Green Bay when they drafted him twenty twelve, which means he's thirty three thirty four years old, and he had a shoulder injury last year and that's one of the reasons why he hasn't signed with anyone or two of the reasons, one his age, the other coming off a shoulder injury. But that's another name to keep in mind that there is a history with the defensive coaches on this staff too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the other thing that they've got to deal with, and I'm thinking, you know, they don't have to immediately put Digs on injured reserve. He can be one of the seven inactives on Sunday because remember Ig Binogay, it was inactive and so was Eric Scott. So now at least one of those guys, if not both, might have to be active on Sunday. And then the other thing you got to consider is with Beatdish's hamstring that he didn't finish and he went for an MRI. But I've been told that that was purely precautionary and that even Jerry thought he had a very good chance of playing on Sunday, and they're.
Speaker 4: Sort of counting on it.
Speaker 1: But you have one more elevation for brock Hoffman to be the backup center. But if they've got concern about him, or if he can't go, then you might have to sign somebody to that spot. And then the other the other possibility at center as Sean Harlowe, who was also on the practice squad, but you would have to elevate him, and you want to continue elevating CG. Goodwin as your special team's got so to.
Speaker 3: Me, he's got one more.
Speaker 4: He's got one more left.
Speaker 1: So I'm thinking if they need a spot, you're going to sign him to a spot on the fifty three at some point.
Speaker 4: So they're juggling.
Speaker 3: That has for sure. By next week, yeah, he's exactly signed to the fifty.
Speaker 1: And then the other thing you could do is what Trent sig the long snapper snapper long snapper. You could release him, put him on the practice squad and elevate him three times to keep buying yourself some time on the active game day thing. So there's some juggling acts that have to go on to be able to pull this up.
Speaker 6: But it looks like beyond is probably good.
Speaker 4: That's what it sounds like. I had two people tell me, By the.
Speaker 5: Way, one of the best plays from that game the other day was late first quarter where the pass was complete from the Cowboys are backed up deeping their own into the field at the three yard line, thirty three yard past the lamb and who was it but Tyler Beyondis she was trailing.
Speaker 3: What was he doing down there?
Speaker 1: He was?
Speaker 5: He was playing through the whistle, Mickey, he was. He was doing as he's coached to do. And I talked to Michael McCarthy about it. We taped his coaches show before the Digs injury yesterday and and he was as you can imagine. During the team meetings, they that was profiled at the beginning and the end of the team meeting. It showed Tyler Biottish and this is the way you do it. This is the way you play all the way through the whistle. But the great thing about it, if you especially if you go look at the coaches film on it, you know, Beyondish falls on the football and it looked like nobody really nobody touch touched him. Yeah, he gets up and starts running with the football and he had a ten yard head start on everybody.
Speaker 6: But they blown the whistle.
Speaker 5: I just wish that the whistle hadn't been blown and we could have seen how far that hamstring might happened.
Speaker 1: So it might be a good thing that they blew the whistle. That was that was a huge play that was still a contested game.
Speaker 3: It was late first quarter. Yeah, absolutely, So.
Speaker 5: That's one of those plays that happens that you realize at the time that that was a big play, but once you win thirty to ten, you kind of forget that.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that had to happen, you know.
Speaker 1: And and let's talk about that importance too, because people forget he was a pro bowler last year. Now, I know he replaced something, but he was that close to being voted on there.
Speaker 3: So that's a huge and that's a huge position.
Speaker 1: It may be harder to replace your starting center than your starting cornerback. And I'm not talking about value on you know who's doing it, but what they have behind Beatdish is not what they had behind Digs.
Speaker 4: So that one's one that we keep an eye on.
Speaker 7: Good point. I do have a question in for still talking about everything going on with Diggs. Gabriel from Austin would like to know what we think about. Help me pronounce this, Mikuamu correct, Yes, getting more playing time on the outside with Diggs being out. He feels he has the size and speed.
Speaker 1: Well, he was a corner in college. The Cowboys moved him to safety he would be more I think an option in the slot than maybe outside. Yeah, they haven't really used him outside. The only other guy that's been outside is Nashaun Wright, but he's still on injured reserve for two more games. But I think the way they've got it right now is fine the way to go.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they were there, they were basic.
Speaker 5: They are right now basically set to replace either one of the corners that went down with a Doran Bland, with a Jordan Lewis coming back with the trade for egban Aghany with Nashawan Wright coming off injured reserve. The question is when I throw out an Anthony Brown or a Casey Hayward, those guys would be on down the road if they had if they needed more.
Speaker 4: Like what if he had have one more?
Speaker 3: Yeah, like the second half of the season.
Speaker 1: That's what you're scared about, right And now, how great is this trade for Stefan Gilmour. I mean we thought it was a hell of a trade to start with, And now in lieu of this boy, if you didn't have that experience there, you could be really in trouble.
Speaker 5: Well you were going to replace I mean that's the Anthony Brown roster spot, right and so you were going to replace him with somebody, and they're just lucky that they were able to get a guy who is playing at such a high level in Stephan Gilmour, who's a former NFL Defensive Player of the Year for what a fifth or sixth or fifth round or I think, yeah, yeah, so that's a steal.
Speaker 6: Okay, Arizona Cardinals.
Speaker 1: Yes, which we got a pretty good summary of yesterday from.
Speaker 6: From from Danny Surek.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 5: I did a little segment for The Coaches Show with Will McLay yesterday and he was talking about the weapons that they have on offense. James Connor guy who of course was drafted by Pittsburgh. Interesting thing, he was the third round pick of the Steelers in twenty seventeen. Joshua Dobbs, who's now the starting quarterback for the Cardinals, was also in that same draft class, the fourth round pick of the Cardinals in twenty seventeen, same pick in the draft one thirty five that Dak was the previous year.
Speaker 4: That's amazing.
Speaker 5: Both coming out of an SEC school and both were successful in the SEC. Joshua Dobbs led Tennessee to two straight nine and four seasons Bowl wins with the Volunteers. He just hasn't had an opportunity. He was a backup in Pittsburgh his first contract, and then of course we saw him Christmas time last year, December twenty ninth, or eight days after being signed by the Titans, he starts against the Cowboys. The link with Arizona for the quarterback, Joshua Dobbs is the offensive coordinator. Drew Petsing, who was with Cleveland last year and Dobbs last season, was with Cleveland throughout the year until Deshaun Watson came back from his suspension. Then he was released, signed with Detroit their practice squad, and then Tennessee posched him off the practice squad when Tannehill got hurt late in the year.
Speaker 1: Last year, and then he started against the Cowboys like he had only been there a week, I think, right, and he ended up twenty of thirty nine for two hundred and thirty two yards, a touchdown and an interception in the Cowboys twenty seven to thirteen win.
Speaker 5: Going back and just looking at the Giants game, I mean, he's got a strong arm, he's a very smart player, and you can see that that offense is built for Kyler Murray. But it's you know, he was in the same type of offense last year with Drew Petsing as the offensive coordinator or the quarterbacks coach in Cleveland, which they had for Deshaun Watson there, and so it was only natural that the Cardinals were able to work the trade and they gave up a fifth round or late in training camp to get Dobbs and that's why they released Colt McCoy. But receivers Marku's Brown I think is playing maybe the best that he's played in his NFL career, just looking at what he's done the first couple of games this year. Six catches, eighty four yards and a touchdown last week against the Giants. Rondell Moore, who is a four to three playmaker, was a second round draft pick two years ago out of Purdue and a guy that has started the first two games at wide receiver for them who I really liked in the draft. Michael Wilson out of Stanford. This was funny yesterday when Will did his telestrator segment for the Coaches Show. He did a little something on number six James Connor and number two Marquis Brown and number four Rondell Moore, and we got done with it and I said, you know what, I really liked this wide receiver number fourteen. He said, yeah, we did too. We liked him coming out draft. And I said, you know who he reminds me of. And at the same time we said, Miles Miles Austin. Oh wow, it's an uncanny Michael Wilson. It was a third round pick of the Cardinals.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 5: He is six to two hundred and thirteen pounds, which is basically what Miles was. Runs of four or five, that's what Miles ran. H you look at his measurables at the combine, it's almost identical to Miles Austin. And he also wears number fourteen, which is the same number that Miles Austin wore his rookie year with the Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Taverick, tell you my Miles Austin story rookie year training camp.
Speaker 4: He's an undrafted free.
Speaker 1: Agent ow a Monmoth Mamoth College, and he's from New Jersey. So I'm over there by the where the locker room is, and Miles come. I'm talking with Bill Parcells and Miles comes walking up unexpectedly right from his standpoint.
Speaker 3: And Parcels looks at it.
Speaker 1: We've probably only been in training camp maybe a week a week and a half at the most, and he looks at Miles and.
Speaker 3: He goes, Miles, are you such and such smart? At Miles looks at him and he goes, well, yeah, coach. He goes, which you.
Speaker 4: Get on your s A T. I don't know what number he threw out.
Speaker 1: He goes, all right, well, I'm just wondering, and he goes, do you ever eat at such and such place in New Jersey? Because it was in Parcel's neighborhood, right.
Speaker 3: At Parson.
Speaker 1: At Miles, he's very quiet at that time, and he probably still was kind of shy and he's like, yes, sir, yes, sir. Oh yeah, I ate there too, good stuff. Yeah, coach, but he said are you smart?
Speaker 9: Wow?
Speaker 4: That's Parcel's way of intimidating somebody and see if they.
Speaker 5: Can handle it. And Miles Austin handled it, yes, offensive line.
Speaker 1: By way that we don't leave don't leave the yet. I noticed that Jeff Swayin is on their tight end former Cowboy tight end from twentyfeen to twenty eighteen.
Speaker 6: They have He's like their third tight end.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 6: And Zach Ertz, the veteran.
Speaker 5: Who used to be with the Eagles, and Trey McBride, another guy the Cowboys liked in the draft last year out of Colorado State. Those are the two primary tight ends.
Speaker 1: And you know, and Swayin had to play behind Witten. But he's got in eighty eight games in his career.
Speaker 3: Yeah, career.
Speaker 5: What was it twenty fifteen, he was afeen seventh round pick and the Cowboys traded the future seventh round to get him in the seventh round.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they liked him.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I can't believe it's been that long eight years ago since he was a Cowboys seventh round draft pick. He's put together a nice career. How The University of Texas Arizona also has two first round draft picks at the offensive tackle positions, including the veteran DJ Humphreys on the left side and rookie Paris Johnson from Ohio State sixth pick in the draft at right tackle.
Speaker 4: I think the Giants could use.
Speaker 5: Him, well, I mean, you look at last night's game. You watch that story, well, and they were down too offensive linemen and they're running back right and I watch some of it.
Speaker 3: You know it's not enough off in the linemen to go around in this league.
Speaker 5: By the way, it's going to be two four and oh teams playing against each other Week five.
Speaker 1: Don't get ahead of your South one game.
Speaker 5: What's standing in front of areas but in front of San Francisco to before the Cowboy game.
Speaker 3: They play Arizona next, Well do they really? That's right?
Speaker 1: And the Cowboys have Arizona and the New England New England, right, Okay, so yes, we won't get ahead of ourselves anyway. That's sort of a look at the Cardinals on offense, and they got out twenty eight to seven on the Giants in the third quarter the other day.
Speaker 4: The people I'm writing my column for.
Speaker 5: The ones that getting in herselves for although I have a lot more respect for Arizona, as you will find when I make my pick later in the show. And let me just say this, at the beginning of the week, I made the comment that the Cowboys were going to avenge a Monday night football loss to the Cardinals, which was then the Saint Louis Cardinals from the seventies. That was that was one of the worst football games I've ever seen. I went with my Dad took me to the game. Cowboys lost thirty eight to nothing to the Saint Louis Cardinals, and I was bounding determined at the beginning of the week that my prediction is going to be thirty eight to nothing. Cowboys turn the tables, It's going to be much closer. They're backing off on Yeah, I'm backing off on that. After watching the Cardinals.
Speaker 1: This week, I wish Everson was here to remind him. And I want to make sure it was nineteen eighty five.
Speaker 4: They went to Saint Louis.
Speaker 1: That was the year they were staying at the old rain station and there was it turned it into like a shopping mall type thing, and the players went into this Habitasherie and bought those gangster hats.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, remember that, And they.
Speaker 1: Wore them to the game thieves And they went up there and Saint Louis beat them twenty one to ten. And I think Randy White after the.
Speaker 4: Game said something.
Speaker 1: It was something like, yeah, we ought to worry about playing football, the buying hats or something, because they did interviews before the game. One of the TVs.
Speaker 5: I think I think it was I think it it may have been earlier than that eighty one or so.
Speaker 10: No, this was.
Speaker 1: Definitely five okay, and I think they did it with Hansoon Okay, yeah, who Yeah.
Speaker 6: All right, anything else on the text.
Speaker 7: Line, honestly know, there's not a lot of texts coming in today.
Speaker 3: Cowboys Nation is stunned.
Speaker 7: I think they're they're a little shock styll.
Speaker 4: They're in morning.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: We got enough to talk about, all.
Speaker 5: Right, and we will talk more and make our picks to click when we come back on mix shots.
Speaker 10: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 11: Cowboys Football and Miller Lite.
Speaker 4: What a pairing can cracks?
Speaker 11: A kickoff, tailgates, going waypass, postgame Sunday night overtimes followed by Monday Mornings, Swag Brisky and the Smoker, Miller Lte and the Creek, America's team playing America's Greatest school. Miller Lyte the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys football tastes like midder time. Celebrate Responsibly twenty twenty three, Miliberal Company, Fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 2: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 8: And they snapped the fresh guy who looks right, it's not there. He escaped flapped. He'll love full a perns down.
Speaker 6: Just like football.
Speaker 2: When it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 8: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 2: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered. What are you waiting for? Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 4: You know that sound anywhere.
Speaker 9: It's the crisp crunch, that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio, sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection. That's what we're looking for. Add a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana. Because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping, there's no topping of school. Petsy finish nachos better with pepsi.
Speaker 3: That's what I like.
Speaker 2: Shots.
Speaker 7: Mark your calendars and get your lead. Horsen and Stein's already Frisco October Fest officially returns for the fourth annual celebration on Saturday, October seventh at the Star in Frisco, featuring Bavarian inspired activities, delicious food and drink, and plenty of great live entertainment at the stardistrict dot com slash events for more info. Lead Horsen letter Hoosen Letter hose In Hoosen.
Speaker 3: Is that like a mug, I'm going to find out. I'm glad she had to do it, and it wasn't me.
Speaker 4: I butchered it.
Speaker 5: All right, We've got seven minutes left of mixed shots for this week. And the thing that concerns you the most about the Arizona Cardinals.
Speaker 1: If they get their running going. If James Connor.
Speaker 6: He had one hundred and six yards against the Giant.
Speaker 1: Is able to get off running, that'll make Joshua Dobbs much more dangerous because he can run a little bit too, and.
Speaker 4: You know he can throw the ball.
Speaker 1: So yeah, that's my concern, and then you're gonna have to you know. The other thing we didn't point out about compensating for Diggs's absence is if this front continues playing the way they are defensively, that lessens the pressure on your cornerbacks, by the way, so they might have to do things to put more pressure on opposing quarterbacks, but you can't do that until you stop the run.
Speaker 5: All right, I'm going to I don't have time to look this up right now off the top of your head, but I'll try to tweet it out after I do my research on it. When was the last time the Cowboys won three straight games?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 3: I know, by twenty or more points?
Speaker 4: Oh, by twenty or more? I thought, just three stroke?
Speaker 3: Three straight games by twenty or more points.
Speaker 5: Point being the longer you win in this league, the closer yard a losing, and the longer that you have blowout wins in this league, the closer yard to playing a close winning game.
Speaker 4: But you know the last time they won three straight dude?
Speaker 3: Do you? I bet you do.
Speaker 1: Two thousand and eight, better not be yeah, nineteen yeah, two thousand and eight.
Speaker 4: They started the.
Speaker 6: Season at the start of the season.
Speaker 1: At the start of the season, three straight yeah yeah. At the start of the season, three straight game they won at Cleveland, beat Philadelphia at home forty one thirty seven. And then how about this one at green Bay? No, yeah, one at green Bay twenty seven to sixteen. That was the Tony Romo game, going back to Wisconsin and beat the Packers and and the Packers and then at some point he got hurt, remember that season, and they finished nine and seven and can only go one and.
Speaker 4: Two without him.
Speaker 1: With the back of No No, the backup quarterback was Johnson, Brad Johnson.
Speaker 5: Johnson couldn't Okay, time to make our picks here, time to make our picks.
Speaker 4: So I think we ought to let Savannah be the leadoff.
Speaker 6: Okay, Savannah on first, thanks guy.
Speaker 3: First, you got to pick to click in the game first.
Speaker 7: To you unpopular opinion here, I think my click to pick Peyton hendershot.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, No, I think.
Speaker 7: It's his time. He hasn't you know. I think the last game there were some questions around him whether you know, he can make some of those catches down in the end zone for us, And I think I think he's going to make a couple this week.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, And I.
Speaker 7: Think the final score twenty four fourteen Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Twenty four fourteen Cowboys's okay. We also had a reason. We also had a pod pick and we'll save the pod pit.
Speaker 3: We'll go around the horn again.
Speaker 5: O pick here in a second, which was who will score the first non offensive touchdown for this team? So think about that and meaning either on special teams or a defensive touchdown, which Micah almost had if not being grazed by Tomlinson.
Speaker 3: The other day. Yeah, you should at least have to like touch the guy bump into it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, alright, alright, he's down, all right, So Mickey, I'm not pick to click.
Speaker 1: Pick to click is going to be because he's going to get many opportunities.
Speaker 3: Deron Bland, Oh, I love it. I love it great.
Speaker 1: And I've got the Cowboys giving up more points in a single game than they.
Speaker 4: Have this year.
Speaker 1: But they beat Arizona despite that thirty one thirteen, thirty.
Speaker 3: One, thirteen, thirty one, thirty.
Speaker 5: They give it up zero and they've given up ten, So to give up.
Speaker 1: More points in one game than they have in.
Speaker 4: The first two.
Speaker 5: Okay, thirty one thirteen can I CD's not off the board right now? Okay, I'm going CD.
Speaker 7: CD.
Speaker 5: Then his match up against his former college teammate, Hollywood Brown, not that they match up against each other, but he's a wide receiver for the Cardinals, and I think.
Speaker 4: That's a lot of Oklahoma stuff there.
Speaker 3: Huh, yeah it is.
Speaker 5: But I like I like CD to have another big game, and instead of thirty eight to nothing, I'll go let's go thirty to sixteen.
Speaker 3: As our final score.
Speaker 5: All right, thirty to sixteen Cowboys win over the Cardinals to come home to face New England to.
Speaker 4: Eight point touchdowns?
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, right now, the pod pick for this week. Okay, who scores the cowboys first non offensive touchdown? Who wants to go first?
Speaker 4: And are we talking about in the game or the season?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, in the game, are we saying we're gonna the Cowboys are going to score multiple non offensive touchdowns?
Speaker 6: Who scores the first.
Speaker 1: Boy if you guys got a thought go, I'm kind of searching here.
Speaker 7: Stefan Gilmore is mine, Okay, Gilmore Gilmore. I think I think he's ready to go. I think it's going to be Sunday.
Speaker 6: Well, we can pick Micah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not a cop out.
Speaker 6: That's a pick Micah.
Speaker 3: That's just part of our picking Micah.
Speaker 5: Micah scores the first non offensive touchdown.
Speaker 4: I was going to do.
Speaker 6: But well, you had your opportunity.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let you I let you go Ah first non Turpan's too easy, right, that's.
Speaker 3: Thought Parsons was too easy? Yeah.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, I got a good one.
Speaker 1: Okay, DeMarcus Lawrence Okay, fumble recovery for a touchdown.
Speaker 3: All right, Scoop and scoot, scoop and score.
Speaker 6: Okay, very good?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 5: What are you doing leading up to game time on? Or what do you got this weekend?
Speaker 3: Saturday?
Speaker 1: Star Sports Tour reception at the Cowboys team hotel for the people that are on their tour. So there'll be a player or two that.
Speaker 4: Is part of that.
Speaker 3: They sign autographs and I sign autographs too.
Speaker 4: Anybody asked, and I.
Speaker 1: Would imagine we'll we'll talk amongst ourselves about the loss of Trayvon Diggs and.
Speaker 5: What will be and the stands there at State Farms. How much blue will there be in the stand What percentage quite a bit?
Speaker 6: What percentage quite a bit?
Speaker 1: I would say thirty five to forty percent like it. And I need to under make people understand. I heard him talking about this on the radio, about why there'll be so many Cowboy fans there, and you know, they were talking about, well, there's so many people that I don't know why they said it, but they you know, they Cowboy fans moved there or whatever. No, they were raised there because back in the day when tex Shram started the Dallas Cowboys Radio Network and there were no teams in that area whatsoever that were in the NFL, he put radio stations on the Cowboys Network in Tucson and Phoenix, Arizona.
Speaker 4: And so these people they are able to touch.
Speaker 1: The Cowboys was on the radio, sort of like what the Cubs did on w GN nationwide see Savannah.
Speaker 5: This was back when people listened to the radio.
Speaker 1: Oh come on now, right and so and so the Cowboys developed a fan base there. And by the way, when we were doing our bus tour on the way to training, camp. We stopped in Tucson and Phoenix, and there were huge Cowboy fan clubs that showed up for our stop.
Speaker 7: That's great.
Speaker 3: So these people.
Speaker 1: They lived there, They actually lived there. They're not people that just moved there, by the way.
Speaker 4: So there.
Speaker 5: I'm not a radio listener anymore. I'm a podcast listener.
Speaker 1: Podcast yeah, yeah, yeah, but how but how do you listen to the Rangers.
Speaker 3: On an app on my radio?
Speaker 1: Well, I guess it's on the app. Yeah, but it's the radio broad.
Speaker 6: But I'm still using an app to do it, to call it up.
Speaker 1: So actually I can turn it on my uh the TV sound connection.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, that the receiver the receiver.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you wondered how the world he watched the game on Amazon last not the way you described that I did.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I watched it. All right.
Speaker 5: We're out of time for another week of mixed shots. Everson will be back on Monday, and we'll see you on a victory Monday. And someone's got to say, go Cowboys.
Speaker 4: I think Savannah's got it.
Speaker 7: Go Cowboys.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's the way.
Speaker 4: Ever since, this has
Speaker 8: Been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club