Speaker 1: I am all in less you.
Speaker 2: I am all in with Scott Patterson, an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 1: Let's get a little business out of the way.
Speaker 3: I'm going to be appearing at the Motor City Comic Con, taking place in Detroit, Michigan, the week end of November ten through twelve, twenty twenty three. I think it's a little bit outside the city, but come and see me there. MotorCity Comic Con November ten through twelve, twenty twenty three. Also a Galaxy Con Columbus December two and three, twenty twenty three.
Speaker 1: Hope to see everybody there.
Speaker 3: Let's have some fun pop culture Season five, episode twenty one Blame Booze and Melville, Brought to you by Our Heart and one to eleven production. Logan tells Rory that he loves the non generic feeling of Rory's desk. Pointing at a picture hanging in her cubicle, Logan eccentric uncle Rory brian Eno. Brian Eno is a British musician, composer and record producer and visual artist best known for his contributions to ambient music and work in rock, pop and electronica. Described I've never heard of him, Oh, come on, never have you. Of course, his collaborations with Todd Rand are legendary, legendary, He's a legend. Everybody wanted to work with Brian Eno. He's like, he's like the Rick Rubin of his time, and he's yeah, yeah, he's still but.
Speaker 1: Is oh good? Lord okay.
Speaker 3: Described as a non musician, Eno has helped introduce unconventional concepts and approaches to contemporary music and has been described as one of music's most influential and innovative figures.
Speaker 1: You would recognize that thinks it even weird.
Speaker 3: Everything he has ever done, the sounds and influence on music and the culture is unmatched, going back to the seventies, I think, you know, even the sixties.
Speaker 1: So yeah, your.
Speaker 4: Question, yes, I would like to go.
Speaker 2: My first question though, is is it too early to be wearing my Halloween sweatshirt?
Speaker 1: No, it's never okay good?
Speaker 2: And number two, I'm wearing orange in honor of lover Lie wearing orange. In the whole episode, Mitcham approaches Roy's desk and fake introduces himself to Logan. Jose Logan says, Jose Canseco post door. Logan says, Jose Canseco post steroids should be a warning to people. Jose Canseco is a Cuban American former MLB outfielder and designated hitter who admitted to using performance enhancing drugs during his Major league playing career. Now I'm very familiar with Jose Canseco because I was in the Mark McGuire Jose Canseco oakland A's era, and.
Speaker 4: I am from here.
Speaker 2: But I don't get why Logan said.
Speaker 1: That post steroids?
Speaker 4: Uh was he was?
Speaker 2: He saying that's who he was to mitchem before steroids.
Speaker 3: Before steroids, Jose Canseco was a big star. He hit a lot of home runs, He was very powerful. Gone after steroids, he became so huge that it was obvious that something was going on. As fact, when I was with the Yankees, his brother was a member of the Yankees and was an outfielder, and in the locker room when he would take his shirt off, it was just like, what has happened to this human being? I mean he was so bloating, right, so musculary, so large that it was inappropriate. I mean he looked like he looked like a football player, you know.
Speaker 2: But does anybody get why he Logan said it?
Speaker 5: Is it because he's like fake introducing himself and like jose Can Seco was not fake during that time, but you know, was on steroids.
Speaker 2: Oh, I feel like we need a little more context on that one. I don't want to be annoying, but can anyone pull up the script so we can like look at the context.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let me do it right now, because.
Speaker 2: I think I'm just trying to you know, I want to help everybody listening.
Speaker 3: He was referring to his dad as jose Can Seco with post steroids, right.
Speaker 4: Oh, because he's so fake.
Speaker 3: No, no, because he's so muscular and so so overbearing and so mustulary too much.
Speaker 5: All right, you guys want to hear the script, so I do. Yeah, Logan says, but I know how to work the boss, at least a little. I know he's somewhere in the vicinity and where he said, who your dad? And Logan says, can't you send it the floor? Are you the shuffle of Psycho fans and sycophans, Oh, sorry, Siico fans, and Mitcham says, hey someone you have we been introduced and they shake hands and Logan goes, jose Canseco post steroids should be a warning to people, and Mitcham says, are you keeping Rory from her work? And Rory says, I was just about to call security.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no he was, so Logan was referring to himself right post steroids, so as a fallen star.
Speaker 4: Okay, it's not a great line.
Speaker 3: Not the greatest line, yeah, but kind of kind of great, kind of great.
Speaker 1: All right, who's up? Who's up? Who's up?
Speaker 4: I'll go.
Speaker 6: What happened to me?
Speaker 2: Well, it's got kind of great, not the greatest.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 6: So Rory is asking Laureli why she has such an attitude, and Laura I says there's no attitude. Rory says, you've been ant Sexton since I pulled up. An Sexon was an American poet known for her highly personal, confessional verse. She won the Pulitzer Prize for Poetry in nineteen sixty seven for her book Live or Die and her poetry details for long battle with bipolar disorders, suicidal tendencies, and intimate details from her private life.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Anne, uh, Danielle, it looks like you are up.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 5: So Kirk is reading the comics in his newspaper and Kirk says, I know he wants the bone. I know there's going to be a complication getting the bone, but Marmaduke still cracks me up every time. Marmaduke is a newspaper comic strip comic strip revolving around the Winslow family and their great Dane Marmaduke, drawn by Brad Anderson from June nineteen fifty four to twenty fifteen. Oh and there's a part two.
Speaker 1: There's a part two.
Speaker 5: So then Kirk says, Sally Forth is on fire today.
Speaker 4: On fire.
Speaker 5: Sally Forth is a daily comic strip created by Greg Howard in nineteen eighty two, focusing on the life of a white American middle class mother at home and work.
Speaker 3: There's more Kirk, Yeah, you going, Kirk, k you're Kirk binging?
Speaker 7: Go ahead, Okay, Kirk is telling me, I know, here we go.
Speaker 5: Kirk is telling Luke that he won't rescind his offer on the house, and Kirk says, an oral agreement is only as good as the paper it's written on.
Speaker 4: And then Kirk says.
Speaker 5: Again, Hey, that would be a good line for Dennis and Menace after he fails to mow mister Wilson's law, and I should send that in and Dennis and Menace is a daily syndicated newspaper comic strip strip about a five year old boy with a troublesome but good hearted personality getting into trouble in the neighborhood.
Speaker 2: Everbody named their favorite comic comic strip, not comic Peanuts.
Speaker 4: Peanuts, Yeah, Peanuts is always I liked one.
Speaker 2: I never I haven't seen it in one hundred years, but I think it was called Family Circus. That was so cute, remember that Kathy Woman too? Are there comics anymore? Like comic strips? Like, no one reads a newspapers.
Speaker 3: Nobody's reading I think.
Speaker 6: I think with like Avengers and stuff like that, people still follow those.
Speaker 4: That's a comic book.
Speaker 1: But are there comics?
Speaker 3: Prep precent teens dancing in Unison.
Speaker 1: That's what people do now.
Speaker 2: They read, they read what is it called?
Speaker 4: They're not called comic books anymore?
Speaker 1: Too.
Speaker 4: Graphic no graphic novels. Yeah, yeah, so does anybody. I mean, there's still newspapers, anybody.
Speaker 7: New York Times probably has something.
Speaker 3: The New York Times really is in a newspaper anymore, but even.
Speaker 4: Online they have San Francisco Chronica. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I never was a fan of newspapers because that print just all over my fingers smudges.
Speaker 1: You objected to the smudging.
Speaker 2: I just really obsessed with clean hands, So that just didn't mean you.
Speaker 1: Could have worn rubber gloves.
Speaker 4: True, but I'm allergic to latex.
Speaker 1: But anyway, what about clawin?
Speaker 4: Yeah, mittens, I could just wear mittens.
Speaker 3: Reading a newspaper with mittens, sure, okay, makes sense.
Speaker 1: Anyway.
Speaker 3: Listen, Suki going into labor at the hospital, Suki, I'm breathing. Hey, was that Andy Dick out in the hallway Jackson? No, honey, this happened. Last time you go into labor, you start thinking you see famous people. Suki, right, suddenly, my midwife was wolf Blitzer. Wolf Blitzer is an American journalist, television news anchor, and author who has been a CNN reporter since nineteen ninety and who currently serves as one of the principal anchors of CNN.
Speaker 2: Lorlai asked, Suki, she is all right? I am Penelope Cruise. Penelope Cruz is a Spanish actress known for her roles in films of several genres, particularly those in the Spanish language. She is the only Spanish actress to have won an Academy Award, as well as the only one to have received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Is that possibly true? How could she be the only Spanish actress to have a star on the Hollywood.
Speaker 3: About Selma High Well Spanish meaning from Spain, I guess Hispanic.
Speaker 2: So Suki Joint jokingly calls the Lorlai Penelope Cruz. But again, I hate to be just a broken record.
Speaker 4: I don't get it.
Speaker 3: She's Penelope Cruz, she says every time she goes into labor sheet.
Speaker 4: So she's just saying famous people, Okay, got it. So there's no it's just that, okay.
Speaker 3: Everybody looks like a like like the nurse that in the room Laurlai said, she looks like right, Okay.
Speaker 4: So it doesn't have to have a total meaning. And also, isn't Penela.
Speaker 2: There's so much more about Penelope Cruse than just what we've put here. Isn't She also married to Javier Barden.
Speaker 5: Yes, Penelope Cruz is a goat.
Speaker 7: She is so yeah gorgeous.
Speaker 4: Also, she is also in Sex and the City too.
Speaker 2: I know I'm doing a lot of Sex and the City stuff lately, but I just rewatched it and she's.
Speaker 5: In it, and she is married to Javier Barda by the way, and I feel like she's just done so many movies.
Speaker 1: The two of them are just fine actors.
Speaker 4: Right awesome?
Speaker 2: Or like eating an apple in front of Suki we were by a vending machine checking you in.
Speaker 4: It was there and it looked good. It does look good. It looks like Ben Stiller.
Speaker 2: Ben Stiller is an American actor, comedian, producer, director, and screenwriter, best known for his movies Zoolander and Meet the Parents.
Speaker 4: We love Ben.
Speaker 2: Stiller because we love his wife, Christine Taylor the most.
Speaker 7: She always loved Ben Stiller. Because we love it.
Speaker 2: We're literally like Ben Stiller, who that is Christine Taylor's husband? And that is how we feel about it because we love Christine Taylor.
Speaker 6: MM.
Speaker 2: Ben Stiller is fine, He's done excellent work, but.
Speaker 4: To us, it's.
Speaker 5: He's not a well accomplished a lister.
Speaker 7: We just really care about his wife a lot.
Speaker 2: Literally, we're like, you mean, mister Christine Taylor. Yeah, we are down with mister Christine Taylor.
Speaker 7: I guess you're cool too.
Speaker 4: We love her, but yeah, Ben is legit.
Speaker 1: And traffic tropic thunder.
Speaker 5: You know, I don't think it's his best work in the sense of he's done well established and very well accredited work. But Dodgeball can beat every time.
Speaker 2: I appearance Meet the Parents real.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Severance, yep, Severance.
Speaker 2: Also the one I love is He was the director of Escape from Dana Morrow, which was this like mini series that I was obsessed with.
Speaker 4: It was like based on a real story. It was amazing.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 7: He was good at Madagascar too.
Speaker 4: Who's Next?
Speaker 3: And his father was George Costanz's dad On Seinfeld? Yes, yes, Serenity now, Serenity Now.
Speaker 1: Now that's the guy. The funniest actor alive.
Speaker 4: We could do a whole thing on I think.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Both of his parents passed away.
Speaker 1: Dela and Mira.
Speaker 3: They were a famous comedy duo.
Speaker 2: Can I do one more?
Speaker 1: Talking about We're going to talk to you about that.
Speaker 2: Laurai talking about the nurse to Suki. She looks like Marlo Thomas. Marlo Thomas is an American actor, producer, author, and social activists. She is best known for starring the sitcom That Girl and her children's franchise Free to Be You and Me. Know what She's also best known for is Oh My God, Saint Jude Well yes, but Saint Jude.
Speaker 1: Yeah, her dad was Thomas and he.
Speaker 2: Started Saint Jude, and Marlow Thomas is like carrying it on and Saint Jude is so amazing and the work they do is so amazing. And also Marlo Thomas is married to Phil No is that his name? Oh my god? He was the talk show host. He was the Oprah before.
Speaker 4: Oprah pill don you. I couldn't get his last name.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they were married for a long time.
Speaker 4: They are married.
Speaker 7: So married.
Speaker 2: They wrote a book together about love and it's actually really good. They interviewed other couples that they were also in love.
Speaker 1: Did they have children? Did they have children?
Speaker 4: I actually don't know if they ever had children together. That's actually really good.
Speaker 1: I think they had five.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna find out.
Speaker 1: You find out.
Speaker 3: Ah, okay, who's taking the next one? Tara, jump in there, man, all right.
Speaker 6: I also don't think they had any kids, so I was just trying. Yeah, So Lorelai is talking to the doctor.
Speaker 4: About children together.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Scott, but they did it together, right, No, they do not have children.
Speaker 1: They did it together. Mm that's not my horse. I don't know where it came.
Speaker 6: From, all right, So Lorelai is talking to the doctor about once take a pregnancy test. Lorelai says, boy, sort of Damicles is really hovering over you for a couple of weeks there, huh. Sort of Damicles is an anecdote and allusion to the imminent and ever present peril faced by those impositions of power. It refers to an impending disaster. Lorelei is referencing the waiting period to find out if you are pregnant or an impending disaster.
Speaker 1: Okay, pregnancy equals disaster.
Speaker 7: Okay, good news for me. I will take the next one.
Speaker 5: So Emily calls Lorlai asking if she can give Pola her magic eight ball, and Laura says, whatever Pola wants, Pola gets, and Lorelai is referring to the song Whatever Lola Wants, sometimes rendered as whatever Lola Wants, Lola Gets.
Speaker 4: The music and words.
Speaker 5: Were written by Richard Adler and Jerry Ross for the nineteen fifty five musical play Damn Yankees.
Speaker 3: Hmmm all right. Lorelai calls Rory to give an update on Suki. Rory, I still can't get coming round the Mountain out of my mind. It's like one of those phrases like drop it like it's hot. That I wish I really never heard the expression drop it like it's hot means moving your butt down to the day. That's something rappers often implore women to do a little John An East Side Boys song get low?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 6: Does it not have to do with the Snoop Dogg song drop it like It's hot?
Speaker 1: That's not what it says here. Oh, that's the first thing I thought of.
Speaker 6: I thought of Snoop No.
Speaker 3: I didn't know it was so sehn east Side Boys, Huh get low. The expression was hang on was initially popularized when it was used during a rap by Lo Wayne on Juvenile's nineteen ninety nine single Back That has.
Speaker 1: Put up rating. That's funny.
Speaker 3: Okay, who's got the next one?
Speaker 1: Can I read the next one? Please? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Of course you can.
Speaker 1: Thank you. That's very kind.
Speaker 3: Uh. Newspaper employees arguing over hiring freelancers Lucille, So, Franz Ferdinand comes to New York forget freelancers. You'll go cover it, Sam, I didn't say that, and who's he? Franz Ferdinand is a Scottish rock band formed in Glasgow in two thousand and one.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: Okay, Emily apparently is upset. Who's gonna grab this one? Amy, Emily's upset.
Speaker 1: I'd be happy to she's upset.
Speaker 4: She sure is, she's upset. After reading Loreles covers chocks, I spit and fire mom.
Speaker 2: It was meant as a joke, the polepop, the walking Anthrax. I was just being edgy like Chris Rock, which is funny because Chris Rock was so famous for being a bit edgy at the Oscars. Chris Rock is an American stand up comedian, actor, and filmmaker. His jokes often start controversy, no kidding. Chris Rock host of the two thousand and five Oscars. The producers of the show hoped he would appeal to a younger audience and even described him as hot, edgy contemporary.
Speaker 4: I love Chris Rock.
Speaker 1: He is.
Speaker 4: Awesome.
Speaker 2: And if I had to name my favorite Chris Rock movie, we.
Speaker 4: Really still gonna say grown Ups one.
Speaker 6: M m oh.
Speaker 4: This last one makes me like Danielle.
Speaker 3: You want to you want to take us out?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I can take us out. So Emily is yelling at Laura Lai about her cover story, and Emily says, I did not force Jimmy Carter out of his out of his room at that hotel. This is my favorite line. And Laura says, see now, I thought that was just an amusing anecdote. And Emily says, I did not get into a quote bitch fight with him. He's an ex president. It was an unsufferable Rosalind. Jimmy Carter is an American former politician who served as the thirty ninth President of the United States. Roslin is an American writer and activist who served as First Lady of the United States as the wife of President Jimmy Carter.
Speaker 2: Hi, all right, kids, I just have a heart for Jimmy and Rosalind.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, he's in the final chapter she has know I did you read the article?
Speaker 2: Yes, and I saw the grandson on claim to fame and it made me cry.
Speaker 3: Ooh anyway, listen, thanks for download everybody, but the next episode is season five, episode twenty two. A house is not a home. All right, kids, We will see you next time. Thank you ladies, Thank you Danielle, thank you, Amy, thank you Tara. Always a pleasure, best fans on the planet. Keep the cards and letters comming. Thanks for downloading, and remember we and I am all.
Speaker 1: In Stay safety. Everybody, don't forget.
Speaker 3: Follow us on Instagram at i Am all In Podcast, and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com