Speaker 1: Welcome everyone to another edition of the KASR Pre Show. Today is Thursday May twenty first, No, it's Wednesday, Wednesday May twenty. First, you can give us a call and the Clarks Pumpshop phone line. It's eight five nine two eight oh two two eight seven Texas at five o two two six five sixty six five six and it is always the case. Our pre show is brought to you by Italics Fine Italian Dining in Lexington, Kentucky. Billy Rutledge along with Shannon the Dude. We're seeing each other for the nine hundredth time this morning. Congrats Shannon, we made it to nine hundred episodes. Are you sick and tired of seeing me every morning?
Speaker 2: Yet?
Speaker 3: Almost? We're about there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Mike and Mike twenty after twenty years they couldn't talk to each other.
Speaker 3: We're we're about there too. No, I'm not not at that point. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't understand like how you could do a show though if you just hate it the other person. Like I can understand maybe having like you know, maybe not being the best of friends because you know, let's be honest, do you are you best of friends with everybody that you work with?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: No, but somebody that you have to you know, talk to for an hour at least every day.
Speaker 3: You at least have to be cordial.
Speaker 4: Right, And you hear about Mike and Mike and they just didn't like each other, which fooled me.
Speaker 3: I guess they were great actors.
Speaker 1: Well after a while, right, I mean, I think they had a fine relationship for a while, but I mean after twenty years, you know, the light would go off and they wouldn't say a word to each other.
Speaker 4: It's like being in a band, you know, like these Yeah, but I've always said, like bands, I don't get it. You're you've got it made, like what you don't like the percentage of bands that actually make it to where they're playing sold out shows every night and then they just break up all creative differences.
Speaker 3: Forget about your creative differences.
Speaker 4: Like just get up there and play the songs, play the hits, and you know, you got to do it for an hour, hour and a half and then walk off and then you're done. You don't have to talk to them, you just you just go up on stage and play your instrument. It's different from doing a radio show. They don't even have to speak to each other.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, I guess both you have strong personalities, right, and egos can take over and after a while maybe you you harbor some resentment. Not yet, Shannon, I think we're still in the right the same page, and we talked to each other during the breaks. So a big thank you to everybody that's listened over the years, and we'd love to hear from you this morning. You know, a couple of weeks ago, I took a shot at Disney adults, unknowingly that Ryan Lemon may have been one of them.
Speaker 3: Shannon.
Speaker 1: We learned yesterday he spent his honeymoon back in nineteen ninety one in Orlando, and he said he's been to Disney World dozens of times. So maybe I should apologize to the people just trying to find a little happiness at the Magical Kingdom.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to shame anybody.
Speaker 4: If that's your thing, go for it, right, I mean, if if you, I mean, I don't think I would want to spend a honeymoon at Disney, But if that's your thing, then I'm not going to shame Ryan for it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well I was shaming people for it, and so I did feel a little bad when Ryan said that yesterday, but I just know you want to get on the teacups, babe. I mean, we're celebrating our wedding out for et Oh. Small world is actually what we've got playing two or three times today. But I mean, who knew Ryan was, you know, going to places like Orlando and Gatlinburg. It just seems like the more tourists to track it is, the more that Ryan might go to.
Speaker 4: Well, don't worry, don't feel bad about it, because I remember one time on the air, I said, anybody who owns a time share is an absolute idiot. And Ryan didn't say anything for like twenty minutes, and then we find out later he's got a time share, Like a why in the world did anybody have a time share? Either rent it or own it, don't time share it. It's the most ridiculous thing.
Speaker 3: I've asked. The biggest scam ever in the history of the world is a time share?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've heard the same thing. I he is the only person I know that owns a time share, So you know that that's our lovable Ryan Lemon, and we'd have it no other way. But I was shocked, and I mean shocked, Shannon to hear that Ryan was driving on Monday to the Tornado devastation sites while Matt was not. Shannon, have you ever been in the car with Matt while he was not driving, because that would definitely be a first if I.
Speaker 4: Was was that set on the show yesterday because I wasn't listening, I must have been taking a phone call when that happened.
Speaker 1: So Ryan let Ryan drive, Ryan drove, Matt drove me on Monday. I've only seen that happen like one time ever. That was on a road trip. But yeah, that doesn't happen very often.
Speaker 4: Matt loves to drive, not surprisingly, he likes to be in control.
Speaker 3: It's fun with me.
Speaker 4: I hate driving. I hate driving if you do. If I had somebody to drive me around all the time, that would be great. Like I'm the opposite, Like I do not want to drop. I would rather just sit there and ride and not have to pay attention to anything.
Speaker 1: Oh, I think it's somewhat relaxing, maybe clears your head a little bit. You can listen to a podcast or some music. I mean, I think you're a little bit of a psychopath if you just listen to the engine.
Speaker 3: But there's nothing wrong with going no music for a little while.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you're saying you don't like driving, Shannon, So when you have to drive three hours to Pineville on Friday and then and drive three hours back, you're not gonna be having much fun.
Speaker 3: Don't enjoy it. But you know it's part of the job.
Speaker 4: So I will enjoy it once I get to Pineville Mountain Laurel Fest.
Speaker 3: Right, that's right. So what happens at Mount Laurel Fest.
Speaker 4: I guess we're gonna find out, right, Well, I guess you guys will I guess you guys. Well, I've got a to do the show and then jump in the car and drive tolecs Into for another remote for WKQQ, my afternoon rock show.
Speaker 3: So I'll still able to hang around.
Speaker 1: Look at that that guy making money double remotes on Friday for Shannon.
Speaker 3: You know when you're in demand, you're in demand. What are you gonna do?
Speaker 1: Well, you said you'd hire a driver. Would you ever buy a Tesla or a car that drives itself?
Speaker 3: I'm not there yet.
Speaker 4: Like in the future, if it can prove to me that it's not gonna go rogue and drive me into a lake, then yeah, I could possibly see myself wanting to do that, but as of right now, no, I was. I don't know if this was on TikTok or wherever social media somewhere. There was a guy who got got in one of those cars that drives itself, and he was trying to get to the airport and this car just went berserk and started driving in a parking lot in circles and would not stop.
Speaker 3: And he's in the car.
Speaker 4: Yes, and the guys like, I'm about to be late for my flight, and you guys are gonna pay for this. And he's just calling this this one eight hundred number, and a person's like, sir, can you log in please? And he's like, I don't know my log in And he's just going in a circle and he's in a teacup and it can't it can't get out, and this thing just keeps going and going and go. I don't know how it ever got resolved. I mean, for all I know, he may still be in a parking lot going in circles.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, that's a horror story that I'd be like king and like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's the reason the reason I won't jump in it right now, Like maybe in the future when we get this thing perfected, but not now.
Speaker 1: I think Mario and the guys saw a driverless car when they're in Arizona recently, and that was the first time they have seen that. But I have yet to see one. So maybe we need to go to a bigger city where it's more common. But I'm all for it, Shannon, if I can take a nap and close my eyes, I'm I'm all about it. But it seems like you've got to keep your hands on the wheel or at least be kind of present while you're there. But we'll just see how technology advances. When Matt writes a book about Kentucky Sports Radio, I got to think that you're gonna be a big part of it, Shannon. I mean, you've been a producer for how many years on KSR?
Speaker 4: This will be fourteen years now. I guess, yeah, team, Yeah, I might. I might get like a mentioned in the what is the Ford? I might get a mentioned in that. Oh come one more than that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, there's gonna be a whole few pages on the first day and you guys screaming at Tony Vannetti saying I'm not gonna work with this guy. I mean, there's gonna be some good stories in there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm kind of with him.
Speaker 4: Like, I see people write these autobiographies and you're twenty six years old.
Speaker 3: I'm going, you haven't even lived life yet.
Speaker 4: You're barely out of the womb, and you're writing your autobiography. You know, you gotta of course, you don't want to wait too late, because you never know when this ride's gonna end. But uh, you know, I think we still got God willing a few more years in us, So I think maybe we wait before that that autobiography or behind the scenes tell all of KSR book has ever written.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what was the example given?
Speaker 1: Kim Kardashian's already got one and she's already making a second, so it's like, maybe just wait until you can make one. But I mean the chapter on beaver nuggets and mimosas and barbecue, I mean that will be legendary, Shannon. So I'm looking forward to this. I don't know, well, it just uh, I think it will come to fruition.
Speaker 3: One of these days. I think Matt will write another book, So I'll be looking forward to that.
Speaker 4: Well, maybe you'll be writing it, you never know, Like who's to say he has to be the one to write it.
Speaker 3: You can. You can write about all you're behind the scene and do a tell all book. Oh my own book. That's what you're saying. I'm just saying, why does it have to be him? You can write it.
Speaker 4: Everybody can write I could write it if I want it to. I don't have time to do it.
Speaker 3: But if I did. In theory, I guess I could. Anybody could write it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but don't you have to have something interesting in your life to write a book, Shannon, I mean.
Speaker 3: My life isn't that interesting?
Speaker 4: No yet, No you don't think Okay, I feel like mine's interesting. I got to interview Jesse James to prey from jockal later today.
Speaker 3: You were you were.
Speaker 1: Hosting booty shaking contests and you've got two.
Speaker 3: Remote on Friday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I mean you you were proposed to hit a bar, Like I feel like that's much more of a story than I had crazy hair back in eighth grade.
Speaker 4: The thing is like, I just don't have a I have a good memory, I guess, like in certain things, but there's other things that I just don't remember. I should be keeping a journal, a diary so that I can remember some of these things, because you know, you tell stories from a long time ago, and the details get lost in the mix, or sometimes you embellish a little bit to make the story better than what it is. So I don't you know, I try to tell like the stories exactly the way they were.
Speaker 3: I try not to embellish.
Speaker 4: I listen to Annettie tell me stories about his early days already, I'll go, come on, Tony, that didn't really happen, did it?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, And the story gets crazy and crazy every single time.
Speaker 4: I've heard you tell me the story five times, and it gets crazier every time you tell me.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm definitely one of those people.
Speaker 1: Maybe a little dramatic, maybe a little embellishment from the college days, but you know what, I think, it's it's all fair game.
Speaker 3: But no, you're right.
Speaker 1: Maybe we should start journaling, had maybe a little dream journal. Would you write down your dreams every morning?
Speaker 4: I don't ever remember them. I mean I shouldn't say ever, like ever, you don't ever remember I should I shouldn't say ever rarely. I mean, I don't know what I dreamt about last night. Do you or do we want to.
Speaker 1: Know, no, No, I guess I don't know. You and Jennifer Lawrence, well, I mean that's daydreaming, Shane, and I don't have to go to sleep for that, but I mean, like that droll off your face, it's like, yeah, you kind of forget in the first five minutes after you wake up.
Speaker 3: But I don't know. Sometimes you can have a lucid dream, Shane.
Speaker 1: And you ever have a lucid dream where you feel like you're awake and I have you can control things and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: I have, I've had that.
Speaker 4: I've also had it like where you're I don't know if it's a lucid dream, but you're half awake, half asleep, but you're paralyzed and you can't move.
Speaker 3: Yeah, is that a lucid dream? I think.
Speaker 1: I don't know if the definition of it is, but I think that could be considered one lucid dream. I always thought was like you could control what was going on, you knew you were dreaming. But I've also had that experience where I felt like I was above my body watching myself sleep.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, yeah, okay, now we're getting in like into the weird paranormal paranormal conversation. But I've had that too, like where you feel like you can't move and you can hear noises and you can see shadows and stuff, but you can't move.
Speaker 3: That's scary. That freaks me out.
Speaker 1: It only happened to me one time, though. It's like, is this habitual for you or is no? No, it's it's happened like a few times.
Speaker 4: But I could vividly hear like, you know, like a recliner when somebody's kicked back in a recliner and they got the leg part up and then they when they get back up, do you hear that that noise of that bottom part of the leg rest going back into the recliner. I can remember hearing that vividly and looking over and I could hear it, but I couldn't see anything like and I couldn't move. It's really weird, really really weird. So I think we're talking about the same thing.
Speaker 1: It's strange. I mean dreams here, who we get Kentucky's got a new player on the roster. Here we are talking about dream Shannon nine hundred.
Speaker 3: This is what we do. This is this is the pre show.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll talk about Braden Hawthorne, the newest commit for Kentucky here in a little bit.
Speaker 3: Well, ask him if he's ever had lucid dreams. Do you have dreams?
Speaker 2: Then?
Speaker 3: Do you have lucid dreams? Yes, so I got a dream of playing at Kentucky and going to the NBA. That's exactly right.
Speaker 1: And it may take a little while for him to get there. Maybe that's just the natural transition. SEA mean, maybe we should should start talking about Braden Hawthorne because the four Star twenty twenty five Wing will be the newest edition of the Kentucky roster, the fourteenth roster spot if you believe otega Oway will return. And for all the people that have asked if can poop Mark Pope and recruit Mark Pope Shannon, I think you have to be impressed with what he's done. I mean, how if you can convince a top thirty player to be your fourteenth man on the roster, I think that shows you that Pope is in control.
Speaker 4: Well, it tells me a commitment longer than one year. You're not coming here if you're in the top thirty top thirty five ranked players as the fourteenth guy and staying for one year, Right, I think that you're you've shown a commitment to Okay, I'm going to be fourteenth now, but I'm going to work myself up to being a guy who can get a meaningful minutes in the next year or two. So yeah, that's pretty impressive though, to be able to get somebody that highly ranked and convince them and sell the product of Kentucky basketball to where they're okay, being the fourteenth guy?
Speaker 3: Is red shirting still a thing?
Speaker 1: Like you know, of course, a guy like Colin Chandler can play some minutes and develop and be a much better player the next year. But to convince a freshman to come in as the fourteenth member of the team, I mean, you are basically red shirting this guy unless you are going to get into some injury issues. So in this college landscape, I think it's extremely impressive to get a it's such a talented guy to buy in like that. But on the flip side of that, how do you not see what's going on in Kentucky and want.
Speaker 3: To be a part of it?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I think so.
Speaker 4: I mean we were trying to figure out yesterday who would be our starting five, and you look at the transfers that you get you know, got a guy out from Alabama, guy from Florida, got from Tulane that's transferred in. You know, some really talented freshmen that are coming into So I think that Pope has done a great job.
Speaker 3: And we knew that he was.
Speaker 4: I mean, you know, we're saying, look at what he did in the first year quickly throwing that roster together. You have a team that it's you know, look like they could have you know, if they could have gotten by Tennessee, could have made a run to the final four. So you know, now you give him a fresh start after the year, give him a full recruiting season, and he's put together one hell of a roster so far.
Speaker 1: Braden Hawthorne gave this quote to Travis Brandham yesterday. If I come in and do what I got to do, then I will have an opportunity to play. If not, I'm going to put my head down and keep working and get ready for the next year and do what I can to support my team. And that's the mindset you have to have. This is a guy that was originally a guard and then had a growth spurt. So Shannon, while he's considered a wing, he's somebody that can handle the ball pretty well. And if he can gain some strength. He's six' eight point eighty, five he can put on a little. Muscle shan maybe The Trent noah gain eighteen, pounds then maybe he is somebody that can be a huge contributor next.
Speaker 4: YEAR i like that mentality from that quote because that's rare these, days BECAUSE i feel like most players now have the mentality Of, Okay i'm not going to play, well Then i'm just going to go transfer somewhere. Else he's, like all, Right i'm gonna put my head, down keep working and get ready for the next season to make myself a valuable part of this.
Speaker 1: Team AND i, mean you look at the roster now and this could be one of the most loaded deep rosters in the last ten fifteen years For.
Speaker 3: Kentucky.
Speaker 1: SHIT i Mean Jalen, Low Jasper, Johnson Colin, Chandler Denzel, aberdeen o Tega, Oway Trent, noah Cam, Williams Braiden, Hawthorne Bo, Diabat, Jayden quainton's Andre, Yelovich Brandon, Garrison malachim Moreno Reese.
Speaker 4: Potter would you say deepest roster since the platoon? Years you know because Cald you, know, YES i THINK i would cal had ten LIKE nba caliber players, There.
Speaker 3: NO i think.
Speaker 1: SO i mean Besides Reese potter And Braden. HAWTHORNE i expect all those guys to maybe even be in the mix at some, point and Even Malachi, moreno as you're, uh your member of the guy that might surprise us the, most.
Speaker 3: He's he's My Bryce hopkins this. Year, moreno you KNOW i gave You Bryce.
Speaker 4: Hopkins he wasn't a guy that was, starting but a guy that came out and had some big moments For. Kentucky So marino was my guy this. Year so exciting news About Brandon. Hawthorne we'd like to hear from. You what do you think About kentucky's roster eight five nine two eighth two two eight.
Speaker 3: Seven you can.
Speaker 1: Text us FIVE o two two sixty five six six five six if you want to tell us about your dreams or maybe WHEN ksr has the donut contest coming. Up if you've got a favorite donut, place, Uh, shannon if you're In, kentucky if you're In Bowling, green you've got to go To. Gads that is the number one donut shop in the. State that is my opinion on. That Besides North Line coffee And, donuts who sponsored the show for many eight, Years are you a donut, Guy SHANNON.
Speaker 4: H on occasion. DON'T i don't want to eat donuts every. MORNING i Think, ryan our, guy you, know we're talking about him. EARLIER i think he could eat donuts every. Morning he's like, Breakfast, yeah. Exactly If i'm In Panama City, beach there's a place Called Thomas donuts that's got really good. Donuts i'll eat then donuts for, breakfast and, then like you, know once twice a, year or Maybe i'll go In Mount. Washington we have a place Called Donut king that's been there for like twenty five years and it's. Amazing SO i don't do it, often but every now and THEN i.
Speaker 3: Like to think Of shannon on, vacation.
Speaker 1: Just seating donuts every, morning the little reprieve from the daily life of the radio.
Speaker 3: Show you get, donuts And i'm basic.
Speaker 4: TOO i, mean give me a, glaze maybe one of those Chocolate Long, john's you know What i'm talking? About those are, Yeah AND i don't really deviate much farther than, That LIKE i don't want the one that's got fruity pebbles and marshmallows on.
Speaker 3: It just give, me just give me the. Classic CAN i interest you in a little? Custard? No, no no? Filling, okay, yeah no.
Speaker 1: Filling If i'm nine, TWO i know two two Eight. Sevan we'll take a break and bear back here on THE KS i.
Speaker 3: Apprecia DID i mention no?
Speaker 1: Filling welcome. Back It's wednesday edition of the. Show you wonder why we talk about. Dreams i've got twenty text about, dreams none About Braden Hawthorne, shannons SO i guess we'll keep talking about.
Speaker 3: Them stupid, tough, Well. Schinda WHAT i was describing and couldn't remember the name of? It what you would call that?
Speaker 4: Condition sleep paralysis a temporary inability to move or speak while falling asleep or upon. Waking sleep paralysis most often occurs and people who have narcolepsy or sleep, apnea but it can affect.
Speaker 3: Anyone hmm. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh people on the text line were saying that you were just really stoned when that.
Speaker 3: Happened and it was sleep Paralys, nope.
Speaker 1: Nope also people are asking if this is a cornbread hemp AD i HAD i take my corn bread hemp every, night and so thank you to them for helping me dream big. Dreams so eight five nine eight zero two two eight. Seven it's tough loss for the boys, Yesterday, Shannon kentucky baseball five to one loss To oklahoma and THE Sec. Tournament they hit into three double plays during the, game including in the first ending when they had the bases. Loaded and, really if you're looking for something to embody what this season is been like this, year it's that was. It you have got the bases loaded in the first ending and you ground into a double.
Speaker 3: Play it's a.
Speaker 1: Tough loss For, kentucky who now finds themselves right on that, Bubble, shannon as we wait for THE Ncaa tournament selection show On.
Speaker 3: Monday, yeah if they've had plenty of.
Speaker 4: OPPORTUNITIES i mean in that game, yesterday like you just, said and you know, Again i'd go right back to That vanderbilt series where you could have easily won two out of, Three you could have swept them if you could just hold on to a. Lead you, know that's kind of the difference in good teams and great. Teams you, know great teams don't blow leads like, that and don't give up walk off home runs in back to back.
Speaker 3: Nights that bullpen is has really hurt.
Speaker 1: Them speaking of the, bullpen in thirty ONE sec games this, Year UK's had a lead in twenty eight of them and they've only had thirteen.
Speaker 3: Wins so it has been tough holding on to those leads this.
Speaker 1: Year if they make THE ncaa tournament be the third straight year That minjion has made the, tournament so we will cross our. FINGERS i did also want to pass along the congratulations To Daniel. Hager he does a great job on THE uk baseball beat FOR ksr dot. Com he announced that he's accepting a full time job With on three's national news. Desk So, daniel who's done a lot of great work for us over the, years want to give him a little. Shine he will be accepting a full time job here, soon so this will be his Last josh cover In, KENTUCKY i.
Speaker 3: Believe, yeah we've.
Speaker 1: Got to get him on during the, Summer, shannon maybe when one of your vacation weeks that you take will Have daniel.
Speaker 4: On, well If i'm not mistaken, IT i, mean DID i hear you right when you said you're gonna be taking vacation, Soon so you're gonna be going on vacation BEFORE i.
Speaker 3: WILL i.
Speaker 1: Am first week Of, june Gm BILLY R sports decided he would take at least one day off this.
Speaker 3: YEAR i have not. Yet so first week Of, June, shannon we Got next week's gonna be.
Speaker 1: FUN i mean we've Got Memorial day and then THE Ksr Golf scramble Next, friday the.
Speaker 3: Thirtieth, yeah Next.
Speaker 1: Friday So, shannon you're gonna stick around at the golf scrambled next?
Speaker 4: Week, WELL i, mean IF i didn't have four other shows to, do it'd be.
Speaker 1: Nice M, yeah that's a. Shame, WELL i wish we could bet on the Golf scramble On. DraftKings you can bet On kentucky. BASEBALL i think IN nba games, there.
Speaker 3: Yeah you.
Speaker 4: Can and THE Nba finals are almost here where every second. Counts did you watch the game last?
Speaker 3: NIGHT i did it under. Tonight you Got pacers And.
Speaker 4: Nicks you can bet on that game with the same game, parlays live, vetting player. Props it's all there for you On Draft king of. Sportsbook and if you're a new, customer make sure you sign up with promo CODE, ksr and you bet just five five. Dollars if your bet, hits you're gonna get three hundred dollars in bonus. Bets fast and easy payouts all there for. You on The Draft kings sportsbook promo CODE ksr bet five if that win, Hits if that bet hits and you, win you're gonna get three hundred dollars in bonus bets to go along with.
Speaker 3: It The Crown Iss.
Speaker 4: Horse if you have a gambling, problem come one tight Hundred gambler eighteen Plus kentucky. Only eligibility restrictions. Apply best bet must win to receive. Reward bonus bets expired one hundred and sixty eight hours after. Issue it's additional terms as possible gaming resources SEE dknj dot co Slash.
Speaker 1: Audio it's cool to See shay dominate like he. Is the seems like THE mvp this, year And case And wallace And Julius.
Speaker 3: Randall But i'm really.
Speaker 1: Excited for The Knicks pacers series, Tonight shannon starting. TONIGHT i, mean these teams hate each. Other there's been a rivalry back in the. Day Reggie miller is gonna be on the call for some of these, games if not all of, them so should be an exciting time in THE.
Speaker 4: Nba do we Get patrick Ke wing over there on the other, side just having a couple Of homers just going at.
Speaker 3: It, yeah he needs to be in for.
Speaker 4: It reminds me of those those nineties matchups between The pacers and The. Knicks so we're running it back and that's the One i'm really looking forward to see him starting.
Speaker 1: Time. Absolutely all, right we'll take a break much more on the way here on THE ksr pre.
Speaker 4: Show we'll be right back. Here it is believe that here's the. Chainsaw you never heard this?
Speaker 1: Before, NO i didn't know they had a chainsaw as a musical. Instrument, no it's The lumberjacket's. Jackal it's like that's their whole. Thing like the guy brings the chainsaw up on stage and plays. It oh my, Gosh i've never heard of this. Before oh you got to look him, up, man he, Said Jackal. Jackal, YEAH i think this is their.
Speaker 4: Thing, yeah he has like a whiskey he had like THE i think it's Called Full Throttle.
Speaker 3: Saloon it was like A tv show that was on for a few. Years.
Speaker 4: Wow, yeah, yeah got to learn you a thing or two About Jackal.
Speaker 1: Listen you don't know what we're going to talk about on this. SHOW i, mean, sleep, paralysis, chainsaws his. INSTRUMENTS i, mean you could be burning sage trying to lift. Curses, man it, is it, Is but we still got a little bit of sports to talk. About eight five nine two eight oh two two eight. Seven if you'd like to join us. Today matt kind of snuck it in at the end of the show yesterday breaking. News Bill belichick And Jordan hudson are.
Speaker 3: Engaged, Shannon do you believe the?
Speaker 1: Rumors do you think the love is still alive after all this drama over the last, month or.
Speaker 3: Oh, yeah for.
Speaker 4: Sure i'm sure he proposed with one of his Ten Super bowl rings. Too is that how he just slipped the one off his finger and put it on?
Speaker 1: Hers Does Bill belichick know he's, Engaged, Shannon that's my, question Because jordan is the one telling people.
Speaker 3: In her, says this is pure love.
Speaker 4: Here this has nothing to do with her trying to cash in on all of his money when he passes away one. Day On, Yeah i've heard to that. Issues this is granddaddy, issues granddaddy.
Speaker 1: Issues, NO i, mean it's she's clearly much more than the gold Digger, shan and she's asking, for you, know to be a creative.
Speaker 3: Head on hard.
Speaker 1: Knocks so she's just she's drunk with the power that comes with being With Bill belichick and in this story may carry us through the.
Speaker 3: Summer.
Speaker 1: SHIN i don't know what it is about, it BUT i feel like everybody's got an opinion about, it and it's somebody something that's captivated a lot of people's.
Speaker 4: Attention, yeah they're definitely not getting married In vegas with The elvis uh you, know impersonator marrying. Them they're not gonna get married In. Gatlinburg that's gonna be a big.
Speaker 3: Deal i'm.
Speaker 4: Sure i'm just going back the royal. Wedding oh, YEAH i mean should be broadcasted live ON. Espn, Oh bill wouldn't allow that. Though there's it's just.
Speaker 1: Amazing this is the, curmudgeon the guy that would not give anything to the, media that who's you, know number one talking point was to not be a distraction for your football. Team and yet like, this this, escapade this, fiasco, THIS i, mean is he ever even gonna coach a game At North carolina because he's such a, distraction.
Speaker 3: So she, is she's the, coach she's the real head coach's, well maybe there's some truth in.
Speaker 4: That what's gonna Happen when he calls a play and she just. Interrupts someone, goes, no we're not running. BACK i don't like, that and she calls the audible, like what's? GONNA i, Mean i've never had an interest in Watching North carolina football like, ever BUT i will.
Speaker 3: BE i Think i'll watching every game this.
Speaker 1: Year, yeah, NO i think this Is, uh THE tv numbers FOR unc football will be maybe as high as.
Speaker 3: Ever but if they, lose they start losing.
Speaker 1: Games, shannon you're gonna there's gonna be a lot of stupid narratives out. There jordan's calling the. Plays you, Know bill's two. Distracted, good that's WHAT i.
Speaker 3: Want, oh it's just it's it's.
Speaker 4: Like watching a car, Wreck, shannon you can't look. AWAY i don't Want North carolina football to be. MEDIOCRE i want them to be one of two, things either really really good or really really. Bad you, know if they're five, hundred, man nobody's gonna be. Talking but we need one or the. Other we need them to go like either undefeated or winless for like the first six or seven.
Speaker 1: Games this is somebody that's known as one, of if not the, best greatest coach in professional football of all. Time, yeah he had gratist of all. Time and in, this in all this personal life, story it's just been. Incredible but we will wait for confirmation on If Bill belichick And Jordan hudson will be getting engaged. Soon, now speaking OF, nfl before we get to the, Phones, shannon the owners OF nfl teams voted yesterday to make it so THAT nfl players are eligible to play in the flag Football Olympic games in twenty twenty eight In Los. Angeles, shannon can you Imagine Great britain's tackle football team going up against the best of THE.
Speaker 3: NFL i mean it's not gonna be, Close. Shannon, oh we're gonna smoke. Them, hey we're gonna kill. Them, YEAH i, mean why are we even playing? This just give us the?
Speaker 4: Gold, Now so one player per team is allowed to, go, RIGHT i think that's the, rules you. Know just, look don't send if you're The, packers don't send like one of our.
Speaker 2: Best.
Speaker 4: Guy we don't want to nobody to get. Hurt don't Send Jordan love out. There it's gonna happen and get hurt.
Speaker 1: Somebody this is why you don't see you haven't seen professionals in Collegiate olympic or excuse, me you haven't seen professionals In olympic. Games you've seen a lot of college. Athletes the miracle on Ice shannon was college kids right doing. That it wasn't professionals at the. Time SO i JUST i, ONE i can't believe flag football.
Speaker 3: Is An olympic. Sport, WOW i, MEAN i can't believe break dancing is An what are we? Doing do we have to? Expand?
Speaker 2: Like is?
Speaker 3: IT i, mean can we keep some? Tradition but?
Speaker 1: Two get ready for another gold BECAUSE i think THE nfl players are going to absolutely.
Speaker 3: DOMINATE i, mean think.
Speaker 1: About these Small european. Countries they're gonna field to tackle football team Against Derreck.
Speaker 3: Henry, no not. HAPPENING i like that.
Speaker 4: Though if we're going to expand The, olympics at least let's expand it in.
Speaker 3: Sports we know we're gonna win.
Speaker 1: Gold, okay all, Right so like the hot dog eating Contest Olympic, games.
Speaker 3: Or or nobody's Meeting joey chestnutt, no, no we Can.
Speaker 1: Japan be the only one that had a, chance, RIGHT i mean if, uh the the the The, Kobashi, Yeah. Kobyashi it was banned from the S was He american or was?
Speaker 4: HE i Don't i'm not, sure but either, WAY i don't think anybody is Beating Joey.
Speaker 1: Chestnut, no, no not not. Anymore, WELL i MEAN i think EATER x has gotten close a couple of.
Speaker 3: Times who EAT? X EATER x? Buddy is he a letter? People EATER? X i think he's just.
Speaker 1: One of the guys that have been contending With joey in recent. Years you, Know joey's A Kentucky. Shannon we gotta gotta support our.
Speaker 3: Guy.
Speaker 1: Uh if i've nine two two eight, seven let's go to the. Phones looks like free birds on the.
Speaker 3: Line what's? Up free?
Speaker 2: Bird come, on and, Gentlemen billy you said you always talking about some obscure. Topics this, Morning i've got a question for both of. You it's called late up into. Something, uh what is your favorite toppings on hot? Dogs?
Speaker 3: Mustard that's?
Speaker 1: It, Hmm, YEAH i MEAN i like mustard and, ketchup even though ketchup is banned by Some i'll even put a little white.
Speaker 3: Onion hold, ON i gotta walk that back.
Speaker 4: Mustard normally if it's just me like grilling, out but If i'm At, skyline give me the tony with the cheese and the mustard.
Speaker 3: Onions, yeah a big white onion fan free for Ye, well y'all you.
Speaker 2: Could google this while you're. There, uh there's a pre race before THE nd five hundred and it's going to be a six or Eight Oscar meer wienermobile. Race And i've heard that on another news channel AND i don't know if that's gonna be on Draft kings or.
Speaker 3: Not, WELL i don't. Know, yeah like we can.
Speaker 2: Check, yeah there's eight Regional wiener. Mobiles there's a Bill mex, said there's a shy. Dog it's there's one From, Chicago, seattle The, southwest the south so you, know they always like different types of toppings on the hot. Dog BUT i just thought that would be a nice little, obscure funny, story all.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah yeah, maybe so appreciate you, Man thanks for the.
Speaker 1: Call thank, you free. BIRD i found the found the. Story it's the Inaugural weenie five hundred This friday afternoon at two p. M on The Fox sports app if you'd like to. Watch it's gonna be six Different wiener mobiles in a race to celebrate The indy five. Hundred The Chicago, dog The New York, dog The Slaw, dog The Sonoran, dog The Chili, dog and The Seattle dog will all race In wiener Mobiles Indianapolis Motor.
Speaker 3: Speedway then get A himmi.
Speaker 1: THE v eight to carry that big of A Wiener, shannon what do you? MEAN i mean they got to have the the most horsepower that they. Can will you tune into the Inaugural wienie five, Hundred, well.
Speaker 3: You said It's. Friday probably, not but you can give me the.
Speaker 4: RESULTS i can't wait to hear about her On monday Or tuesday of next.
Speaker 3: Week, NO i don't Think i'll be watching.
Speaker 1: That, okay all, right well that'll that'll be something to catch up on. Later we were talking a little bit about THE. Nba our excitement For Nick pacers Tonight Thunder timberwolves was last. Night shaquille O'Neill told an interesting story on a podcast just. Recently we had THE Nba draft lottery just recently and many thought maybe the process is. Rigged you've heard about the frozen envelope With David stern and things in the. Past, Well shaq was coming out of college in nineteen ninety two and had a conversation With David stern before THE Nba draft, lottery And David stern Asked shack a very interesting. Question he, asks do you want to play where it's hot or where it's? Cold And shaq said? Hot and then just days, later The Orlando magic won the number one pick in the NEXT nba. Draft, shannon does this add fuel to the fire that this process has been rigged for all these?
Speaker 3: Years?
Speaker 4: Possibly, SO i mean it sounds kind of, suspicious does it?
Speaker 1: Not See shack could be just playing, Fun but why would he say that if he wasn't nn in the fire a little?
Speaker 3: Bit was he the number one pick that?
Speaker 2: Year?
Speaker 3: Yeah city was?
Speaker 1: Ok, Yeah Orlando magic got the number one. Pick and THEN i Believe shaq went one after the hot or cold.
Speaker 4: BECAUSE i thought there was like a thing like where there was two other cities Like charlotte and one other one like up, north Maybe, minnesota that was in, contention and somehow he ended up going To orlando and not those two. CITIES i, thought MAYBE i got it. WRONG i thought he was the third, pick AND i thought those other two teams pick. FIRST i could be completely wrong about.
Speaker 1: That maybe that's the thing because it was nineteen ninety. TWO i wasn't even alive, Yet so if somebody knows more about, it tell. Us but for the fact that he does go to a hot weather place After David stern says something like that is.
Speaker 3: Interesting it is BECAUSE i.
Speaker 4: Don't, yeah to, me it sounds like there's some shenanigans going on.
Speaker 1: Here and, well you rightly pointed out in the last, one they don't even show you the lottery. Balls, yeah, RIGHT i show us the process of picking the. Ball at least when you did the, envelopes you saw them actually getting the envelope out of the. Cylinder but you just come up there and say who won the? PICK i, mean, look would it benefit THE nba for their stars to go where they want?
Speaker 2: Them?
Speaker 3: Yes, Right and it's all about making. Money. YEP i don't.
Speaker 4: Know and you're, Right orlando did pick him. First but you have A charlotte In minnesota that had the second and third. Pick SO i think that maybe the controversy was That orlando got the first.
Speaker 1: Pick, YEAH a lot of times the team that gets the first pick doesn't have the most.
Speaker 3: Amount of Losses and is that? Fair but that's to prevent.
Speaker 1: Tanking But shack's always going to try to always going to try to create a little, drama, Right and he did so even more when he talked about that on a. Podcast another guy that's creating a lot of drama is Ze Kai. Ziegler, shan what is With Tennessee athletics over the last week or so because they just created a state law saying they're not going to follow any of THE ncaa, Rules and now Ze Kai, ziegler who has played four years of college basketball since twenty twenty, one is now suing THE ncaa for another year of.
Speaker 3: ELIGIBILITY i, mean do they just think they could do whatever they want in the state Of tennessee.
Speaker 4: Apparently SO i don't know why you would want to fight this and risk being kicked out of THE. Sec like if You're tennessee AND i Know, VANDERBILT i, mean they they definitely want to be in THE. Sec it Benefits vandy a lot more to be in THE sec than THE sec to Have vanderbilt in the.
Speaker 3: League so If I'm, Vandy i'm.
Speaker 4: Look university Of, tennessee we don't want any part of, This like you speak for, yourself but you, know the other teams in the state Of tennessee are kind of being dragged into. This and we haven't heard anything from a spokesperson From vanderbilt Or memphis, right any of these other. Schools it seems like to be The university Of tennessee is the one sort of leading the. Charge but how do we know that these other schools want to be a part of this where there's no, rules you know from THE, ncaa.
Speaker 1: Right AND i MEAN i as much as anybody has crapped on THE ncaa over the years for their lack of, leadership their lack of vision for the, future and their failure to. Act but THE ncaaa is ultimately made up of school. Presidents so the schools that are complaining about THE ncaa are THE ncaa to a. Degree but for The state Of tennessee to say just we're not gonna follow the, rules they're just doing it by. Themselves, SHANNON i could see THE sec breaking away or maybe The big, ten but Just memphis And vandy And, tennessee you're gonna make a fool out of. Yourselves and you guys were saying, like good luck playing in the conference TO sa Right Sam, Houston State Western. KENTUCKY i, mean that's the kind of level you'll drop to if if the power for schools are gonna put these rules into. Place but this on you, know And Zekai's egeler on top of all of, this it JUST i, mean they they really don't think they're rules a.
Speaker 4: Platf it doesn't seem Like tennessee's interested in backing down, Either so somebody something's got to give on this situation at one point or.
Speaker 3: Another it be a lot smarter For tennessee just to go all, right just.
Speaker 4: Kidding you, know kids left a, lot, Okay but also you, know they like they're calling their. Bluff, Okay, tennessee you say that you want to go in this by. Yourself you, know you got the other power conferences now sort of banding. Together so that doesn't leave the door open For tennessee to go to a big ten or AN. Acc so now you're kind of stuck out.
Speaker 3: There on your. Own you, know you're you're on an. Island, yeah, yeah maybe that's the way they want. It they want to be the Next Notre.
Speaker 1: Dame But zekai's either four, years one hundred and thirty eight college games and still looking to play. MORE i, MEAN i get maybe though eventually there'll be a five year eligibility, Window.
Speaker 4: But come, on, sikuy what year would he be on your? Five this would, yeah he'd be on year five if we've got a seven year quarterback in.
Speaker 3: Football so we can't really say too, much.
Speaker 1: But they get like hurt and like THERE covid years and like there're circumstances THAT i guess allow twenty eight year olds to sometimes still. COMPETE i don't. Know it's so, bizarre isn't? It like these they've got to change the whole landscape of.
Speaker 4: This BUT i think that's WHAT i think That's tennessee's. Argument, well, No tennessee's just Like. Tennessee let's get rid of The tennessee's, like let's get rid of THE nc DOUBLE a.
Speaker 1: Like a toddler throwing a Tantrum. Tennessee and now they, realize, hey, uh they had it pretty good in THE. Sec we'll see if they end up not running away from HOME a five, nine two eight. Seven we'll take a break and be right.
Speaker 3: Back you're on the. CASE i appreciate welcome.
Speaker 1: Back feel bad for the podcast, Listener, shannon the dude always kills it with the. Music thank, you. Buddy without chainsaws or baby making, music we've got on.
Speaker 4: Now, oh this Is gary, right this is Dream. Weaver this isn't baby making.
Speaker 3: Music what do you Mean you've just set the mood for the rest of the. Day you think this is baby making. Music, YES i don't know about. THAT i mean when you're It's gary, right Not Berry. White it's all the same as this generation eight, five two to eight.
Speaker 1: Seven you, know our thoughts and prayers are still with the communities impacted by the tornado over the last. Week we're still thinking Of somerset And. London but we got some more news. Yesterday yesterday more weather came. Through ALL i could think about, was you, know people with their roofs blown off and people needing.
Speaker 3: Tarps it's.
Speaker 1: Devastating but we also got the news that it was AN ef four tornado with winds up to one hundred and seventy miles an. Hour it was on the ground for fifty six. Miles, shannon there's only been Six category four or five tornadoes in the last fifty years In kentucky and that was one of.
Speaker 4: Them, yeah this, Week, yeah, definitely thoughts prayers still with all of the people who were affected by. THAT i saw an amazing picture of this tornado that went through a.
Speaker 3: Forest you could see the path THIN i saw the same.
Speaker 4: Photo, yeah it's an incredible. Picture so, yeah as bad as it, WAS i THINK i heard the guy say this the other, day it could have been even.
Speaker 3: Worse, so you, know just to put it all into.
Speaker 4: PERSPECTIVE i know that you know a lot of people lost their homes and lives were, lost but think that it could have even been worse is kind of a scary thing to imagine fifty six.
Speaker 1: Miles it is, unbelievable and so giving our best to everybody impacted by, that and donate if you.
Speaker 3: Can, SHANNON i made a mistake.
Speaker 1: YESTERDAY i let a social media ad influence a purchase of.
Speaker 3: MINE i bought a hat.
Speaker 1: THAT i saw on A facebook, Ad, Shannon and, NOW i MEAN i can't even look at my phone without getting a hat.
Speaker 3: Ad you know WHAT i? Mean, yeah.
Speaker 4: Exactly they're honing in on, you, like, oh this guy right here like.
Speaker 3: Hats oh was it we're talking like a baseball, cap or it was A Western kentucky.
Speaker 1: Hat oh and In western's official store is so bad that IF i find any knockoffs or any random website that has even a decent looking, Hat i'll splurge on. It.
Speaker 3: Shannon, yeah so that's the, thing, though you got to find.
Speaker 4: Those there are like a lot of knockoff stuff out, there so you got to make sure you're buying from something that taxially, legit otherwise you could get ripped.
Speaker 1: Off, NO i checked that it's a legit, site but it's. Now the targeting of my social media sites now is just, Ridiculous. SHANNON i, mean they really do listen to what you say and track what you. Do just be careful what you're looking up your browser, History. Shannon can we look through that? Someday you want to look through?
Speaker 3: Mine? Yeah for for what? Reason just see what you're looking. Up see What i'm up.
Speaker 4: To, yeah probably a lot of just show prep stuff more than. Anything Kentucky Sports radio Dot.
Speaker 3: Com i'll wear that.
Speaker 1: Out, Yeah i'm the same. Way, also maybe looking up a little DraftKings on Your google.
Speaker 3: Search, ah that's.
Speaker 4: Right, well you, KNOW i usually just go straight to the, app but you can look at. IT i guess you could just go to DraftKings dot com if you want your. WEBSITE i would say get the app, though and when you get that app and you sign, up make sure you use the promo CODE ksr because when you bet just five, dollars if your first bet, hits.
Speaker 3: You're gonna get three hundred dollars in bonus.
Speaker 4: Bets and it's a great time to do it right now with THE Nba eastern And Western Conference finals going. On you can do live, betting same game, parlays player props all there for you With draftkingsport promo code ks are the crown as.
Speaker 3: Yours if you.
Speaker 4: Have a gambling, problem we'll come one in a hundred gambler eighteen plus eligible to your restrictions Apply kentucky. Only bet must win to receive. Reward bonus BET's expiring one hundred and sixty eight hours after. Issue its additional terms and responsible gaming resources see dkanng dot.
Speaker 3: Co slash.
Speaker 1: Audio it's not The Matt jones, podcast it's not The Matt jones. Experience there's actually Multiple Matt jones shows out, there but our Own Matt jones His Matt Jones show is the number one podcast in sports today right.
Speaker 3: And, sports which is interesting because they don't talk. Sports that's, right no sports talked about in the FIRST i.
Speaker 4: Just feel bad for the Other Matt jones that who got the bad ratings with all the nose whistle. Comments he's probably, like what are they talking? About he's probably going to a. Doctor DO i have a nose?
Speaker 1: WHISTLE a strange day, indeed for that guy that's gonna do it for, us For shannon And billy ksrs, Next we'll talk to you.
Speaker 3: Tomorrow