Speaker 1: No, but I need a really big one. It's one more thing. I'm Strong and Getty following up on a conversation we had on the Armstrong and Getty radio show about things that you buy or almost buy when you're on vacation, because for some reason you get enthused about something you sometimes have never thought about in your life before you're walking through one of those shops. Maybe you've had a couple of drinks, or you just got that footloose, fancy free that you have free feeling you have on vacation anyhow, so we, uh, my son wanted to look at some cool rocks we're up at. It's the name of the place Shasta City. I think it is Shasta City at the foot of Mount Shasta, and it's one of your old timy towns, and they got a lot of tourist shops in one of them with all kinds of cool rocks and that sort of stuff from local minds, and my son wanted to look at it. So we walked in there and it was this great, big, giant room aff room of lots of rocks, but also a ton of hippie stuff, just all kinds of the hippiest hippie stuff, and my older son really likes laughing at mocking hippies and their ways, so he was highly amused by the hippies. And there there was one woman. She was actually she appeared to be praying to this quartz thing that was sitting on a shelf. She put her hand on it and closed her eyes and she was just kind of swaying back and forth slowly.
Speaker 2: Jeez like whatever.
Speaker 1: But I told my son, you know, you know that's her religion. You know, you have your religion, we have different. That's her religion. Is that rock at a store? All right? But anyway, lots of that sort of But I kept hearing this sound as we're walking around the store. Is really low, way lower than I can make with my mouth, very very very low sound, and I found it incredibly like attractive. It was like pleasing or relaxing or something. Thing this really low sound that I was hearing, And it took me a long time to figure out it was in the gong room where I was hearing this. So they got you got gongs like that. Every gong I've ever heard sounds kind of like this gong I've got here, really sharp, piercing unpleasant sound. But they had these great, big handmade from Tibet gongs that were really expensive.
Speaker 2: They very had gone bang a gong man.
Speaker 1: They were like between two and five thousand dollars, these giant gongs, but I mean they're huge. I'm sticking my hands out. They're probably three feet across, like a.
Speaker 2: Van Halen drum solo gong come on at the.
Speaker 1: End, Alex stands up, bam. I had never heard one this these. I'd never heard gongs this low before. It was almost like you felt it instead of heard it. It was practically inaudible. But they had a big soft mallet and you could hit these big, giant, heavy metal gongs and they come on a stand and you'd hit it and it just kind of go. And I filled the room with this really low home and I thought, I love this for some reason. I want this so badly in my home, and I still might look into one. I have learned over the years, if you ever do come across something you want to buy in a vacation town, by it somewhere else, because it's going to be like a third the price. I'm sure that three thousand dollars gong is one thousand dollars of Bye by It Joe's discount gongs on Amazon. But I just found that so pleasing in some way. It's the first time I'd like understood gongs or why you know, the Tibetans or the monks or the whoever might be into those when they're doing their mantras.
Speaker 2: Now I have a theory. Did you look into this at all? Because I think I know what's going on?
Speaker 1: Not really.
Speaker 2: From the dawn of life on Earth, the planet has had what's known as a natural frequency. The Earth resonates at seven point eighty three hurts.
Speaker 1: That's low.
Speaker 2: It's yeah, it's crazy low. You feel it more than you hear it. But we've been feeling that vibration since the moment, well, probably before we were born in utero even And so now I don't know if you can possibly design a gong to resonate at seven point eight three hurts, but I wonder if it's okay. Well. Research on the benefits of human resonance is ongoing. Multiple studies suggest that the human frequency of seven point eight three hurts positively affects human health and well being. It has been linked to linked to improved cognitive functions, reduce stress and anxiety, enhanced immune functions, sleep function much more. That resonates with what you're saying.
Speaker 1: I don't know that it's gonna, you know, help me medicinally. But but you just said it made you feel really good. Yeah, I did lower stress. I just felt I just I really liked it. I really enjoyed it for some reason. My kids we're like, all right, Dad, we get it. You like the gong because I was getting really enthusiastic about the gong. But but henry on to buy a dirigit ado or however you say that word. Okay, so dedrigit to do is okay, but the gong is silly. Huh uh No, did you do for you? But here's the question I got to ask Katie. It's a single guy. You go to a guy's house and he's got a big, giant gong in his bedroom. It's practically like being a snake owner, isn't it. So many questions similar to a guy. If you if I saw somebody that had a big gong, like I think, okay, you also have a bola and a couple of geckos, and uh yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it would definitely lead me to believe you're into some weird stuff.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: It's not a deal breaker, but it's a waving red flag.
Speaker 1: It is. It is a It is a I would want to ask more about it, Like.
Speaker 2: I said, so many questions. I can't feed audio through my station.
Speaker 1: But i'd hate to. In the deal. You know, everything's going great, and then all of a sudden they see my giant gong. Oh okay, you're one of those people.
Speaker 2: You could use it to break the ice. Is that coming through?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, I can hear it really low gong. I gotta tell you, I found it pleasing.
Speaker 2: And this is having an odd effect on me.
Speaker 1: I know, and I'm not gong guy. And then in the room or are.
Speaker 2: You Jack the gong guy. I'm gonna make it stop. It's weirding me out.
Speaker 1: Am I gonna have to start wearing robes like change my whole outfit and everything.
Speaker 2: Yes, snake, snake, and like a headband and wear the wearing of the prophetic robes.
Speaker 1: Grow my hair out and get the bony tail.
Speaker 2: Yes, perfect, Yes, keeps getting better and better. Burn incense in your home. Oh, get you a couple of quartz crystals, exactly, Get you a couple of chrits, a number of bracelets, different kinds of bracelets, like leather tied bracelets.
Speaker 1: Around my wrists, alas and shoelas. I never wear socks again. I'm sandals. You see my feet, guy, Get barking stocks exactly. I got a gone what's that?
Speaker 2: That's semi tattoo hen Ti and Hennah Hannah tattoo. Get yourself a Henna tattoo or five. I can't be jeans boots, t shirt guy and have a gong. I gotta change my whole look.
Speaker 3: No, right, you have to be Sandals, gong and essential oils guy, now essential loyalist.
Speaker 2: Yeah, none of your like superfluous oils, just the essential ones. Yeah. The gong is going to be the center of your identity, as it were.
Speaker 1: Can I rub you in some tertiary oils? No?
Speaker 2: No, come on, I'm the gong guy.
Speaker 1: Only essential oils.
Speaker 2: Right. You ever bought a vacation guitar?
Speaker 1: I did. I did one time in Mexico, and I'm glad I did because I played it the whole week guy's there and it wasn't very expensive, but I still have it. Cool like a nylon string Mexico guitar.
Speaker 2: Nice shortly after I swear I would never buy another guitar. I bought a vacation guitar. It's a really cool guitar, but I don't I don't need like more than three guitars at this point, and I have more than I'd like to admit trade them for a gong. I'm weird that way. I've only sold or gotten rid of like three guitars in my life. I just keep them and the one I got rid of because I thought I have enough guitars. I've spent enough time or money rather on them. I'm gonna sell this one to buy the new one I want. I've regretted it every moment since. I get attached to them, like their people. I have a very I get stressed even thinking about selling one of my guitars, like one I haven't played in three years.
Speaker 1: That's interesting.
Speaker 2: I know it's weird. I was gonna ask a harder, Yeah, go ahead, smash. Sorry if you guys have ever smashed a guitar. No, I couldn't do that, really, not intentionally. No.
Speaker 1: When Garth Brooks used to do that, I hated that part of his concert. He'd smash a perfectly good guitar really bothered me.
Speaker 2: I didn't. John Hyatt has a song that I know, John Jack knows perfectly good guitar. It's all about how terrible it is to see somebody smashing it perfectly good guitar.
Speaker 1: You smashed a guitar, Katie.
Speaker 3: It was a piece of crap. And it the the not the neck. I'm losing my terminology of it. But the bridge was about to snap back. It looked like if I played it anymore, it was gonna break my hand. So we we had a good time.
Speaker 2: Run grab it, should I say so?
Speaker 1: The only thing that will keep me from buying a gong, I think, is how it would affect possible future relationships. Do I hide it in the closet like I'm in the closet as a gong guy.
Speaker 2: I think as a purely practical matter, you embrace it completely in the way we were just discussing, and just get with hippie.
Speaker 1: Chicks with their with their armpit hair and their dirty feet. I can't do that.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe you don't have what it.
Speaker 1: Takes Bernie Sanders bumper stickers.
Speaker 3: Or you're too uptight man open with it, like, hey, check, I have a gong.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want to get this out of the way, like you're selling you got an STD. I need to tell you up front before we go any further. I own a gong.
Speaker 2: Why do I care it? Well, it's like five feet wide and it was fifteen thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: But I don't. But nothing else comes with it. I hate the smell of whatever that smell is that everybody has in their home. I don't smell pot. No, It's just it's my only thing in that world. But I really like my gong.
Speaker 2: Just flashing me on Serial Killer Cereal.
Speaker 3: You can have a conversation with her and just say, Okay, when I speak, I will hit the gong and then you can speak.
Speaker 1: Let's see how that goes.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, what why?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Well, I guess that's it.