Speaker 1: Okay, we just need to apologize right now for taking over your TikTok for you page.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Sorry, my god.
Speaker 1: Yes, all the old ones are going viral, but the new ones are so much better.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm so glad you found them.
Speaker 1: Follow like whatever you're supposed to do on these podcasts and just sit back and listen.
Speaker 4: Second Date, Up Date. I believe in any relationship it's good to try new things together.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 4: That's a way to grow, whether it's a new restaurant, new haircut, or Brooks House, a new pair of ankle restraints. He these ones are electrified for your pleasure. Nice and one of our listeners said she bonded with a guy about trying out something new for the first time. So let's learn a little bit about it, Holly, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 5: Hi, guys, how are you?
Speaker 3: Did you go with the extra patting like I did.
Speaker 4: The strength?
Speaker 3: I'm joking. That's a joke. I'm sorry you.
Speaker 4: Know a little bit too much about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that is really that was sposed to be funny, and you didn't laugh.
Speaker 5: I'm laughing just when.
Speaker 4: It was quite inside. Sorry, So tell us, what did you try new with this guy? What's his name?
Speaker 5: By the way, So his name is Justin.
Speaker 4: Okay, what did you and Justin try?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 6: We met on the apps and while we were chatting, we were talking about pizza toppings.
Speaker 4: It's actually a really good combo.
Speaker 3: I should really, I don't feel like it last that long.
Speaker 5: What are you like?
Speaker 4: What you like everything? Okay?
Speaker 6: Okay, well, I mean it got me to a date, so it's good.
Speaker 4: Some people like mushroom you Is that what you guys were doing, like comparing favorites?
Speaker 6: Yes, so that's how we got into the try new things. His was sausage, which is a classic possibly euphemism too, but yeah, I warned him that mine was the one that was different.
Speaker 5: I have a weird topping. So my I said, it's fruit loop.
Speaker 3: Fruit loop? Who was serving that to you?
Speaker 6: So it was something that I had as a kid and I kind of just love it.
Speaker 5: It's like sweat and savory.
Speaker 4: You know, put it on your pizza as a kid, got acquired to the taste.
Speaker 5: And now bring.
Speaker 4: Okay, we're breaking down the fruit pizza important.
Speaker 1: Why she brings the conversation up because it isn't just a one and time.
Speaker 4: Okay, so this must be the new thing that he tried.
Speaker 3: Yes, God, you must be hot.
Speaker 4: Maybe it's really good, Brooke. I don't know. You gotta taste it right now in your head. Okay, So you guys did a tasting for your guys' meat?
Speaker 1: Up?
Speaker 4: Did you guys both have to eat each other's Is that what I'm assuming You're like, you got to eat the sausage and I'm gonna eat the fruit lupe.
Speaker 6: I mean I've had sausage on pizza. I think he was more curious about what what.
Speaker 5: I was talking about.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, okay, his is like minimal his face run us through it? How did this go?
Speaker 5: Okay? So we met at a pizza place.
Speaker 6: It was late at night. I had to do like a work things. Was like mine thirty.
Speaker 5: Oh you're doing this in public?
Speaker 4: Oh wow?
Speaker 6: So we got we got a large pizza, but we brought it back to my place.
Speaker 5: We got it to go.
Speaker 4: So you're not embarrassed in the middle of a pizza hut.
Speaker 5: I'm not embarrassed by it. I just we needed to get like the perfect fruit lube ratio. Okay, yeah, I don't know my thought.
Speaker 3: Was nervous or was this fun for you guys? You're laughing through it all.
Speaker 5: No, we were like laughing through it.
Speaker 6: We had We had a great time. I felt like we really bonded. He tried it and he said that he liked it, which I don't know if I fully believe that he was.
Speaker 5: He was sweet about it, you know.
Speaker 3: Between gagging with blood coming on.
Speaker 5: It's really it's really not as bad as you think.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, well good, he liked your favor. That must feel good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean I thought it was. I thought it went really great and we had a fun conversation.
Speaker 6: But I did feel really bad because we had to cut things short. And I don't want to get into specifics at the moment, but he left probably around midnight, so I did feel bad that he had to leave.
Speaker 3: That doesn't feel like short to me, Like it's midnight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you're not going to stay the night, if you aren't going there, then that seems fun.
Speaker 4: Why do you feel bad?
Speaker 6: We had talked about spending the night together, but previously.
Speaker 4: Promises were made and promises weren't.
Speaker 3: Oh no, but that's okay. Things changed. Life happens, you know, Like he had some fruits.
Speaker 4: Maybe he followed his nose all the way home.
Speaker 1: Nobody.
Speaker 3: I got it.
Speaker 6: I mean I like him and that's why I am reaching out to you guys like I need your help here.
Speaker 1: Oh. I mean he does sound fun, like he's a guy who's re to try new Absolutely, if it's the reason that he had to go home and stay to stay of the night and that's why he's not calling you back, he sucks Exactly, I.
Speaker 4: Don't like her pizza topics.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, what else do you think it could be?
Speaker 4: He didn't like stab him raving?
Speaker 5: Did you No? I didn't. I didn't do that.
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay, she takes all that question, so seriously he is. Okay, but we're gonna come back. We're gonna call Justin for you, and we're gonna try and figure out why he's been avoiding you.
Speaker 5: Great, thank you guys, so much.
Speaker 4: Optimistic if we're going to continue with your second date up date right after this hold on second date update. When a man really likes a woman, he will do anything for her. It's true. He'll go to target with her on a football Sunday a sacrifice. He'll snap five hundred photos of her so she can get the perfect instapos. Absolutely, he will even lie about fruit loops tasting good off. Okay, this is where we're doing. That's why our listener Holly cannot let this guy Justin slip away because he wasn't just willing to try her weird favorite pizza topping fruit loops, but actually swallow it and say, did we can confirmation?
Speaker 3: He said, young, No, he said it. It's fine.
Speaker 4: Interesting, it's a good man right there. Sadly their date ended a little bit early, so she needs our help. Brook, How are you feeling about this?
Speaker 3: I just am still stuck on that pizza thing. I can't get over it. I can't get over the fruit loops. I want to.
Speaker 1: I have like a million try it, Like is it just cheese that you add it to?
Speaker 3: Or do you buy a cheese with a vegetable and you add it on there?
Speaker 4: Like, Polly, where's your head at?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 5: Are we talking about the fruit loop?
Speaker 3: It's hard not to. It's hard for me to concentrate on anything else.
Speaker 5: Yes, it's just on cheese. It's not a bunch of other topping.
Speaker 4: Like, you're right, we don't need to break down the fruit loops anymore. We really should concentrate on Justin and getting you back together. With him for another date.
Speaker 5: Are you hopeful at least I'm trying to be.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's good.
Speaker 3: As hopeful as he was on that first bite.
Speaker 4: I'm feeling optimistic. I'm gonna dial his number right now. We'll see if he answers. Here we go. Hey, is this justin? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Who's it?
Speaker 4: We're a radio show. We're called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 3: Hey, justin, Good morning.
Speaker 4: My name is Jeff okay cool of Brook and Jeffrey. Okay, Jeff, I know we're probably interrupting your day. So what is this about. Yeah, we're doing a segment. It's called Second Date Update, but it could.
Speaker 1: Be food reviews, because I am really curious to hear you really feel about one thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we'll get to that in a second. But yeah, well, too excited. We're all excited for that, but we're more excited to talk to you about a girl you went out with named Holly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, honestly sounds lovely.
Speaker 4: Wait what Yeah, Holly listened Holly, she listens to our show and told us about the date that you guys had where you went to the pizza place and tried the fruit Loop pizza.
Speaker 3: Yeah, back at her place, yeah.
Speaker 4: And now you two haven't really connected since that night.
Speaker 2: No, I did you tell you that she asked me to spend the night and it didn't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well I thought you guys.
Speaker 1: I thought you guys discussed day in the night. She sounds like you're insulted by that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, no, no, no, no, no, I'm not insulting. She asked me like it was like a whole thing early on, like we were leading all.
Speaker 4: Up to that.
Speaker 5: At least that's what I thought, and then like, okay.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: Around midnight, she gets this text or something like that. Her phone goes off and she says like, I'm so sorry, you're gonna hate me, but I need to leave and you do too, And I'm like what she was like, Yeah, something came up and she had to take care of it. And I'm like, okay, it's another guy.
Speaker 4: Okay, so it's a booty call.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, why would you.
Speaker 3: Think it's a booty call?
Speaker 4: Honest, he's probably thinking that because she's leaving at midnight.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she already has a booty call there.
Speaker 4: Maybe it's like he thinks it's like a better guy that called. She's like, oh, actually, let's be real. There is mind. So it is that where your head was at, justin.
Speaker 2: And that's not no. Maybe some guys might want to be interested in that, but like, not me.
Speaker 3: Okay, why wouldn't you ask her? Why wouldn't you say can you tell me? Because this is what I'm thinking, this is what is happening.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to like suggest to her on the spot that there might be another guy, but like I asked her about it, don't get me wrong, and she was like super cagey about it.
Speaker 5: Okay, So.
Speaker 3: My first thought is there's like a drug roommate downtown that she has to go.
Speaker 2: Rescue or there's no reason why she should keep that secret if it's something like that.
Speaker 4: Okay, when you follow her, when you followed her out afterwards, all the way to wherever she went, you didn't learn anything from that.
Speaker 3: It is not ad idea.
Speaker 4: That is creepy, friend, So I'm not alone.
Speaker 2: Start, we walked down the stairs, we got in our separate cars. It was awkward, it was super awkward, and I didn't know what to say, and we parted our ways.
Speaker 1: At that point, she okay, okay, everyone needs to slow down on this.
Speaker 3: Because she called us to get a hold of you. She literally said, I like this guy, but.
Speaker 4: She didn't tell us why. Maybe her main priority guy fell off. So this is like backup d.
Speaker 3: In a three day period. The guy fell Come on, let's.
Speaker 4: Let's ask her because you don't know this, Justin. But she is on the other line right now waiting to talk to you.
Speaker 5: Great, Hi, Justin. Hey, how you doing.
Speaker 4: She sounds guilty. Did he catch you?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: Well no, did you actually go hook up with a different dude because a better one called you?
Speaker 6: Oh my no, No, that's not what happened. I feel terrible because I left so abruptly, but it was not for another guy.
Speaker 5: It's an embarrassing reason and it's going to sound ridiculous, but I left for a pair of pants. Ok I'm being honest. There's a shop. Okay, this is embarrassing. There's a shop near.
Speaker 6: Me called Planet of the Pants, and they were having an event where everyone lines up around the night to get these dance pants. And my friends and my friends and I have these plans for like wee and I totally.
Speaker 5: Forgot about it. I totally forgot about them.
Speaker 4: So I don't believe it. It's too elaborate for it to be.
Speaker 3: Pants. That is, that is way too embarrassing to tell a guy. Hey, by the way, I got to cancel the hookup because I'm moving my ladies for some dance pants.
Speaker 4: She wouldn't insulted. I get it now, because if she says that would be like, you're choosing pants over me. Just how does it feel that you got ditched for a pair of pants?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's the weirdest thing. I don't like being ditched for a pair of pants. Come, I.
Speaker 5: Like, but like, look, if you're.
Speaker 2: Really telling me the truth, Like, you got to promise me that you're telling me the truth because I would forgive you if this is true.
Speaker 5: I have the receipt from the night.
Speaker 4: Pants presumably hopefully.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but how does she feel that he's still not believing.
Speaker 4: Brook? You know what it's like in the dating world. You should be skeptical of everything the other person says.
Speaker 3: You're dating so much, I'm not this show.
Speaker 4: I know that discount pants aside, Let's let's not forget about the fruit loops. You guys bonded over that.
Speaker 3: That's all I want actually wanted to hear, bro.
Speaker 2: Did you like it?
Speaker 5: Did you like the y I actually did.
Speaker 2: I thought it was a perfect combination of sweet and salty.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is the only man for you.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 4: Justin her entire relationship lies in your hands right now. If you want to go out with her one more time, we will pay for a date for the two of you.
Speaker 3: She wear the pants on the date.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, do that, that'd be funny.
Speaker 2: Actually, all right, I'm actually really glad that you guys reached out, because like I was just going to ignore you.
Speaker 4: So that's not end with that note, but justin officially it's a yes from you then.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it wasn't.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, well awesome, We're gonna send you guys out on another date.
Speaker 5: Correct. I'm so excited. Thanks guys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yay. Gloves don't go on sale anytime.
Speaker 1: No, send the Lexus and I that linked to the Planet of the Pants.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's got a huge boost in sales, Brookie Jeffrey in the morning. You know, I think ninety nine percent of the time women are going to choose clothes over men. Oh yeah, just going back to the caveman days when the brute male would beat a saber toothed tiger over the head with the club and the cave lady is like, Oh, I want the skin to make a pimplem blouse slip. You can keep all the meat. Oh, I want the pause for a clutch.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty sure that's how it went, I know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, wow, I mean the thing is Justin and Hawley sound like, actually there might be a good match, similar sense of humor.
Speaker 3: He was just so jaded from the dving world.
Speaker 4: Well, you better be prepared because if there's like a midnight sale at total eclipse of the scarf, you know that she's out.
Speaker 3: Oh that is a great name. Yes, first scarf store.
Speaker 1: I've never seen a scarf only store, but if there ever was one, it should be called.
Speaker 4: That's gonna be hard for that. Yeah, the sales are real.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Anyway, you can always email the show because we'll give you a cool discount on a second date update. They're free, Jack, Yeah, that's what we're gonna do for you, Okay, free help for your dating life. If you email the show, we'll call that person who's not calling you back. And go check out our podcast, which is also free. Wherever you get yours at Brook and Jeffrey
Speaker 2: Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning,