Speaker 1: I gotta say, it takes a lot of courage to come onto this podcast and just, I don't know, reveal all about your dating life, you know, just to come.
Speaker 2: On and say hi and bye.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean if you're saying the wrong way, we might start teasing you.
Speaker 3: Just over that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's why you have to be proud of the woman on today's brand new Second Date Update podcast.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much for being here, because she's a shy girl. Yeah, she's a shy girl, and she gave us a shot.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're gonna hear that in just a second. But first comments from our very non shy girl over.
Speaker 3: Not shy girl.
Speaker 5: But this guy's a sad guy?
Speaker 3: Is their name?
Speaker 1: Comment?
Speaker 4: Name?
Speaker 3: Really? His handle is sad guy.
Speaker 6: Which may not help this comment that says, I've been listening for ten years and I've heard every episode over twenty five times through.
Speaker 3: Now we understand how we got that handled.
Speaker 5: Yeah exactly.
Speaker 3: The more the more episodes, the sadder he gets what happens.
Speaker 1: Yeah, change it a sad single guy we need to know. All right, Hey, thank you so much for being here and for your commitment to this show. Yeah, your brand new episode starts right now.
Speaker 5: Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: Second Date updates.
Speaker 5: What types of parties are the best? KEG parties, college parties?
Speaker 3: Are they the same?
Speaker 5: How about science parties? Rare dudes and dames with glasses and pocket protectors get together and nerd out over Bunsen burners and beakers.
Speaker 3: You haven't been to a science party?
Speaker 5: Have you not? Recently?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 5: I used to go a lot though. Oh yeah, it was super cool. We'd be like, hey, what's your atomic number of hot stuff? Because I'm about to reach critical mass.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got kicked out of the science part too.
Speaker 5: It was it was too sexy for the room. That is true. But our listener Bionca, met a guy at a science expo recently and we want to hear from her. So Bianca, welcome to the show.
Speaker 6: Hey guys, that's awesome.
Speaker 3: Does that mean like you're a scientist and you.
Speaker 6: Were well, okay, I'm not a scientist, but the company I worked for kind of is adjacent, I guess. And I was just volunteering at this science expo. I was signing people in, giving out name tags and stuff.
Speaker 3: Cool.
Speaker 1: Okay, do you sign up to volunteer so that you can meet some science hotties.
Speaker 6: I mean, it's not mandatory, but.
Speaker 5: It was.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I ain't complaining.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, So tell us about who you met.
Speaker 6: Okay, So I was signing people in and this guy was just he was super cute, and I checked him in gave him his name tag. Not much went down during this interaction, but I did see him later on while I was setting up displays.
Speaker 3: You noted him, You were like, okay, yeah.
Speaker 6: I was like, there's that kind again. And I already knew his name from giving him his name tag, And yeah.
Speaker 5: What's the name of this science hotty?
Speaker 6: Bladen?
Speaker 3: Bladen?
Speaker 5: Wow?
Speaker 3: Is scientists in the world?
Speaker 6: Did I forget that?
Speaker 3: Do you know?
Speaker 1: He had like two rockert parents that were like, yeah, he's gonna be in a band someday And he's like, nope, Mom and dad, I'm rebelling with science.
Speaker 5: So tell us more about you and Bladen and what you guys did together.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 6: So I saw him by some displays. Me and my boss were getting some slides ready for presentation leader, and I was like, all right, I'm going to slip over and talk to this guy really quick. I saw him playing with one of those plasma ball things like you know, the Chloe dappy things.
Speaker 5: And I was like, all right, is that the thing that you touch that makes your hair stand up?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it doesn't make your hair stand up, but it like exacts you a little bit.
Speaker 5: Maybe that's just a shampoo thing that I keep going.
Speaker 6: Okay, So I'm I'm chatting him up and he's asked me questions like why are you here? It's just your normal job. I was like, no, it's not my normal job, just volunteering. And he's like, well, if you need any help.
Speaker 4: I'm a science guy.
Speaker 5: So what you know? Wow, he never heard that used as a pickup line before.
Speaker 3: Is that how you took it as a pickup line?
Speaker 6: It was a pick up line, It absolutely was.
Speaker 4: So we got each other's numbers.
Speaker 1: Okay, you guys, you moved fast in Hey, you.
Speaker 6: Never know, chemicals are volatile, Like any second.
Speaker 5: We're trying really hard not to make a chemistry joke. So yeah, yeah, yeah, it was anything we could have come up with.
Speaker 6: So the next day there was a chemical spill behind the stage.
Speaker 5: And I was like, yeah, there was, I'm going to text blaydon oh no, that wasn't a actually spilled something.
Speaker 3: Wait, you text Blaydon for help.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he told me to text him if I needed help. And you know what, even if he couldn't help, it's still a good excuse to hang out with him.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: I feel like a janitor came over to mop it up and she's like.
Speaker 5: No, don't dodge it. I've got a science guy coming. So did he show up?
Speaker 1: Yeah he did.
Speaker 6: He knew how to clean it up up and you took care of it.
Speaker 2: What a hero?
Speaker 1: Were you ever able to turn these science expos moments into an actual date?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 6: Yeah, we were out for drinks after this.
Speaker 3: Okay, so that I care more about that than the chemical spill.
Speaker 5: Okay, tell us about drinks.
Speaker 4: I mean, we are each other, and how do you know that?
Speaker 6: Pretty well? It went pretty well. I'm just gonna leave it that.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 3: Wait, is he like have a hotel room that you went back to something?
Speaker 1: Maybe?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 4: I said I didn't want to say anything else.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, your voice said everything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you had a very fun evening.
Speaker 6: Yeah it was. It was very fun. I was blinded by science, to put it for sure.
Speaker 3: You still sound giddy over the whole thing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well that's why I need help from you. Guys, because I haven't her from him in a week now, and I don't know.
Speaker 2: He's the typical science player.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know how they are the Einstein's of the world.
Speaker 3: At Einstein was a notorious he was.
Speaker 5: He bounced around through all of his cousins. Oh no, there, sorry, that's true story.
Speaker 4: Oh god, do.
Speaker 3: You know does he live in your city or is he in from out of town?
Speaker 6: Well, I'm assuming he was out of town because it's area code and the hotel room.
Speaker 3: He didn't do much talking.
Speaker 6: Hey, we were busy experimenting.
Speaker 1: Okay, so do you have a theory as to why he's not calling I.
Speaker 6: Don't know why he's not calling me.
Speaker 4: Him.
Speaker 5: All right, Well, I think you came to the right people. We don't know much about science, but we do know a little bit about calling people and demanding to know why they aren't calling another person back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're afraid to make things awkward, so.
Speaker 5: We will reignite the sparks underneath your Bunsen burners hopefully when we come back and get you your scientific Second date update.
Speaker 2: Everyone put your safety goggles on.
Speaker 5: We already right after this Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: Second Date updates.
Speaker 5: You know what they say about science boys, serial rizzlers, Ah Bill Nye, Neil deGrasse, Tyson, Isaac the nude Newton.
Speaker 3: Oh is that your nickname for him?
Speaker 5: What's his name? Why do you think the apple fell on his head because he was down below shaking the branches with the seventeenth century honey? Oh, that's the rumor that I heard. And our listener Bianca is hoping praying that this guy that she met named Blaydon is not your stereotypical science scumbag.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't even think she said that so far.
Speaker 5: No, but that's what she's worried. I think, are there science players? We're not really sure, but.
Speaker 2: Well, for sure, dude, if you're attractive and smart, you got it made.
Speaker 5: The two of them did hang out in his hotel room, and she hasn't heard from him in a week after the science expo they attended. So we're just going to try and call and get to the bottom of this once and for all. Bianca, how you doing?
Speaker 6: I just really need you guys to help because I just don't often meet cute guys at science Expo's name Bladon, Okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's very specific.
Speaker 2: We have a different name than that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, can I ask you was there any reason to indicate that it wasn't just a one night fun thing, especially if he was in from out of town.
Speaker 6: It really seemed like we just had a deeper connection than that. That's why I'm surprised it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and from how she described it, they didn't do a whole lot of talking.
Speaker 3: He lives.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, maybe that's one of the first questions we can ask if he picks up the phone here.
Speaker 2: Wait, we should google the area code.
Speaker 5: It's too late. Now, we just gotta get going. I'm going to Isle Blayden's number and we'll see if he picks up. Here we go, Hello, Hey, is this Bladan?
Speaker 4: Yeah? This is Blaydon.
Speaker 5: Hey, Blaydan. We're a radio show called Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 1: Okay, scientists, I don't think we can have any research to back that up.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure, but we do want you to be today's featured guest on our most popular segment called the Second Date Update. How does that sound?
Speaker 4: Uh? I guess it sounds kind of intriguing.
Speaker 3: All right, that's more than we usually get, so thank you very much.
Speaker 5: I don't know if you know what the segment even is. But we're trying to help out one of our listeners who met up with you about a week ago. Her name is Bianca.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, wow, that was not what I wanted it down or tired.
Speaker 3: When we talked to her, she was excited.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, I mean, it's just complicated.
Speaker 1: Okay, are you can we just ask straight up, like are you single?
Speaker 5: Brooks not asking for herself, she's asking just general.
Speaker 1: I mean, anytime someone says complicated, that's immediately what anyone thinks.
Speaker 5: Shouldn't that there's other people in the picture.
Speaker 4: No, I'm single. I'm very much single.
Speaker 5: Then how is it complicated?
Speaker 4: Well, it's just things kind of are more. There's more than just at Faid's value with meeting people at these types of events, you know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, I definitely like all the vague ways you're describing it. But if you could be any more specific.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was going to say when he said, you know, I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't know how well.
Speaker 4: I mean, just because of her employer made it a little bit more difficult to pursue.
Speaker 3: Do you work for the same company as her?
Speaker 4: And she didn't realize it, well, not at the moment I'm actually applying to work at her company. I actually have like an interview schedule to go in and see them as like the follow up, Well, wouldn't.
Speaker 3: That be good? Like she would be a connection for you.
Speaker 4: Then, But I'm kind of like I didn't want her to think that I was using her to get preferential treatment at this company. And I didn't even realize that she even worked there until at my hotel room I noticed her name badge, and then I thought, you know the company, and I put two and together.
Speaker 3: Didn't talk.
Speaker 4: No, I mean, I know that it was a science expo, but there was way more chemistry going on between the two of us.
Speaker 3: You did like her, like you? Oh? Yeah, I thought she was amazing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she is amazing. She's an amazing one, and I would love circumstances different. I don't want to like mess up the opportunities at this company because it's a really good opportunity.
Speaker 3: Okay, you are all up in your head. Why would you not just call her and tell her all these things?
Speaker 5: Explain a little bit of like why because she feels like you're completely ignoring her for the last week and she has no idea why.
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't know what to do. I mean, I've been in touch with their boss. I was trying to get all that squared away, and I'm going to be going in at some point in the next week or so to.
Speaker 1: That would be so awkward if the first time you see that after your guys just fun night was in the office.
Speaker 4: Don't you think I haven't thought about that. I mean, if she's the one signing me at the interview, that's going to be horrible.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It's in your power to not have that happen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And in fact, we're going to take the power away from you at this point. And just let you know. Bianca is already on the phone right now, listening in on this conversation waiting talk to you.
Speaker 4: What.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're uncomplicating it, We're putting it all out there.
Speaker 2: You told her good job there.
Speaker 4: Oh yes, Oh, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 3: You didn't anything bad.
Speaker 6: Why wouldn't you just tell me that, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I didn't want you to think that I was like using you to get a job or anything.
Speaker 6: I don't know, is that what works in the science world, really, I mean, you still could have just told me. I guess I'm just disappointed.
Speaker 4: You're not disappointed in what happened in the hotel room. You're just disappointed that I didn't tell you about.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: If I was disappointed in what happened in the hotel room, then I wouldn't have called.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the fact she called the radio station to get in touch with you should be a pretty clear sign that there's feelings there.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, I mean the feelings are definitely neutral. I'm just I don't know. I just feel like going into a relationship, I don't want to make it more complicated, and it has to be.
Speaker 3: To present the one that's making this hard album.
Speaker 5: Not intentionally, but yes, you're overthinking it.
Speaker 6: Well, you guys don't know this, but my boss has this policy that's like no dating policy for everybody in the office.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but I feel like it wouldn't count if we were dating before he got hired. Though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's actually really smart.
Speaker 3: But it would probably be important to tell the boss in the interview.
Speaker 2: Oh no, that may affect a higher.
Speaker 3: Because you don't want to come off as line.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it could play against him to be like, oh, yeah, I don't want to hire your new boyfriend.
Speaker 4: See I told you guys this whole thing complicated, and what if they don't want to hire me because of the relationship, and that's the only reason you're right?
Speaker 5: Actually, I guess this is complicated and the only way to counteract this is to have Brooke go sleep with Bianca's boss first. I'm married, Jeff, but you don't work there.
Speaker 3: It's not going to make a Differ's have.
Speaker 5: Smooth things over for Bladon.
Speaker 1: Okay, honestly, I think you guys should just go out one more time.
Speaker 3: One date doesn't mean you're in a relationship.
Speaker 1: And like you're basing life on things that you don't know will even happen, Like you don't even know if he'll get hired there.
Speaker 4: Bianca, would it be okay if at the interview I told your boss that we hooked up, but our relationship is uncertain.
Speaker 2: What No, dude, I just.
Speaker 4: Don't and I don't want to mess up your employment opportunities there, Like what if they hire me but then fire you? That would be awful.
Speaker 3: All these what ifs.
Speaker 6: You're just way overthinking so bad.
Speaker 4: I mean, that's why they're looking to hire you, because how well I overthink things. I mean, that's I.
Speaker 5: Mean, Bladen, I know that you really seem to care about this job, and that's great, but it sounds like you care about Bianca too, And I think when you find somebody that you relate to the way that the two of you seem to, you can't just throw that away over a job opportunity.
Speaker 3: You have so much to talk about that you haven't.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we'd like to offer to send you two out on another date, and we would pay for it.
Speaker 4: Really.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if you're down, Uh yeah, definitely.
Speaker 4: Isn't that going to make things more complicated?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 3: That's the point. Nobody knows.
Speaker 5: With you, it probably will be, But I would just still go for it.
Speaker 4: All right, all right, I'm in. You guys convinced me. I'm in. You're still getting Yeah, of course, I don't want to mess anything up with you Bianca or with the job. But I think let's get back together and try it and see where things go.
Speaker 2: Try talking this time.
Speaker 5: I don't know. I think the more he talks, the less it's working. So talks when you're made up, say anything to each other. I can do that, all right, good Jeffrey in the morning. If there was any second ate update that needed an update update afterwards. This is the one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean there's so many what ifs that were going through his head.
Speaker 5: And I have a lot of what ifs for what could happen. Option A. They become secret lovers and he gets hired. They don't tell the boss anything until the day of their wedding.
Speaker 1: That would make it really I'm sorry this guy could not keep a secret, honest, he would crumble under the pressure.
Speaker 5: Of that fair Option B. Blaydon goes to the interview and Bianca sabotages it on purpose because she wants to be with him, but he knows that they can't be together if he gets the job.
Speaker 3: Drone, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think he'll sabotage it himself, saying, hey, I hooked up with with Bianca in your office.
Speaker 2: I mean, I have a strong attraction to that girl over there.
Speaker 5: Now I do have options C through Z.
Speaker 2: No, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I was kind of interested.
Speaker 5: We'll put that up on a later podcast if you want to hear my other theories. But I really do hope that we stay in touch with these two and find out how this works out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're like.
Speaker 5: Totally a perfect couple, or the next day they're gonna be like whoop, that was a mistake. Yeah, you're not meant to be, not at all, but make sure you follow our podcast. You can find us Brooke and Jeffrey on Second Date. Update like, share, subscribe, and hit all the other buttons that you can