Speaker 1: And i'd show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.
Speaker 2: Data dish is presented by Rapsodo. Here is JJ Cooper from Baseball America. Let's start with the freshest trade here, Jefferson Rojas. JJ tell us what the Mets are getting back in this deal for Clay Holmes and Tyron Taylor.
Speaker 3: Very back of the top hundred prospected guy who's kind of been hovering in that on the top hundred, just off the top hundred range for a while. Now, this is what the Cubs are doing here to talk for their side is they are trading guys who have real value but also probably do not fit for the Cubs. We saw that you mentioned Basilsterras I a would say the same thing. Kind of Jefferson Rojas. They had Jefferson Rojas, they have paid Road Ramirez. They're kind of two guys to be who are very similar, I would say as far as how they would fit on the big league club.
Speaker 4: For the Cubs. Okay, so you trade one of them. Rojas has real value.
Speaker 3: I think when you say were of the Mes getting film, that's a guy who you know is a legitimate middle dfielder.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think he's kind of on that fringe of is he going to be an everyday shortstop? I'm I'm not so sure about that. But is he going to play second? Can he play some short maybe some third? Have real value with the bat? Like he's again, he's a solid prospect, He's a solid acquisition. But you go down the rest of these Cubs moves, Jonathan Long wasn't going to play for them. I think that with Liam Hicks being traded, he might just go straight into the Marlins lineup as their first base. And we mentioned Ballis Scaris. There's a number of these guys who I think have real value in trade. We've seen that today. But at the same time, they're not guys that the Cubs necessarily should rue giving up because they often in many cases have better players than them on their big leag roster.
Speaker 5: Right now, j J, let's talk about USA Baseball here for a second. Oh wait, yeah, just kidding. I just wanted to see Scott's reaction. He's telling me, you have to stay on task here, and I'm so good at staying on task. Do they come so many players left because they made the trade for GOLs. When they made the trade for Zephyr John. They're making all these moves. Do they have any prospects left? Because I only thought teams, you know, all team have thirty prospects. I feel like they've traded all thirty away.
Speaker 3: The funny thing about it is, I don't think, okay, grow we had row houses. They are number two, But the most important guy they have is Josiah Hartshorn and they've kept him.
Speaker 6: That's the guy.
Speaker 3: That's the one guy I would say you don't trade right. This is the guy who's a potentially premium you know bat. This is a corner outfielder, but one who really can't swing it. Had a breakthrough season this year. That's the guy you don't want to give up. I've Katan Kepley's a center fielder. I wouldn't be shocked even to see if is Owen Air is going to get to go get traded. We talked about Ballistaiirs. Ballistairs isn't a catcher realistically. Owen AIIRs is a catcher and has had really a breakthrough season. That's the guy who partly also though with them trading Ballisterio's, I would say that owen Aires has a better path to being a big league catcher for the Cubs than Ballistaios did.
Speaker 7: All right, what about the Cardinals return for the trade that they made?
Speaker 3: Okay, that's the trade. If you asked me a team that's selling and I just love the return, that's the return, right, Dustin made Jojo Rovera not saying they're not good, but Alexander Friez is the guy we talked about. Rojas has been on the kind of very edge of our top hundred. Fries was on our hundred when we updated in July. Guy who had a great year in the DSL last year, I had a monster year in the Complex and then just got promoted to low A. This is an eighteen year old with I would describe it as kind of like Junior Camonaro level power. Now, a lot of guys at eighteen who have Junior Camonaro level power don't end up being Junior Camenero. But he has that kind of could hit thirty for thirty five homer power, you know, potential if everything comes together. Long boys away, far away, but you take a flyer on that and a move like this, and then Josiah Ragsdale they also got, I think, is a guy who if he was in another system, we'd be talking about him all years, like, wow, is this one of the top five, top six, top seven prospects in a system. It's the Brewers. So it's like, hey, he's a Brewers prospects having a great year. And he said, what do you mean Andrew Fischer who leeds the miners and home runs?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: Do you mean Blake Burke who's gonna have a thirty thirty season as a first baseman. No, I mean Ragsdale who's had a twenty double. He has nineteen hovers up twenty soon thirty steel season, And there's real power there. He's made massive power games this year. When I watch him hit, the thing that just stands out is is he hits fly balls that you think are going to be about, you know, ten feet from the you know, from the warning track, and the outfitters keeps drifting back and drifting back, and then he realizes that the wall and looks up and goes, oh, it's a homer. And he did that ten home runs in July. You could say that the Brewers may be selling a little bit high, but I do think there's real potential that this guy could continue to do this. Going forward and center fielder too, probably a corner in the feat in the future, but could play center in a pinch and can run as well.
Speaker 5: Apparently the Tigers didn't think these guys are very good because you know, school ball instead of Dustin Man Jojo Romeira.
Speaker 7: I don't know, j J.
Speaker 5: Seems seems strange to me that, you know, if these guys are so good that apparently the Tigers hated him, so that's why they went with dust and man Jojo Romeiro. No knock, no knock on those guys. But you know, Terrek Schouogl, I'm just just just just just spitball in the here.
Speaker 3: That is it, Logan Henderson, is that they didn't like Again, that's the question is It's like if you said how it would be a difficult fit. And again I don't have reporting on this, I don't want make clear, but if the Tigers were like, we need a pitcher who we feel like will be in our rotation all next year and really, you know, being potentially impactful, that's where the Brewers might have had a little bit more trouble because again I don't think you know, if you don't want to trade Logan Henderson, then that becomes a little bit tougher to you want to find a fit. But yeah, I do agree that the Brewers obviously have enough prospect potential that they should be a way to make a deal.
Speaker 5: I mean, River Ryan has a pitch in two years, but never mind, jj You know, there's no counting on him being in the rotation next year.
Speaker 1: But Logan Henderson is going to be Logan.
Speaker 5: He is going to keep you from getting Trek's scuba. I'm sorry, sorry.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be twenty eighty nine and we're gonna be like, you know, the Brewers could have won the World Series in twenty twenty six, but Logan Henderson.
Speaker 5: Sorry, don't offense the Logan Henderson just loco.
Speaker 1: I believe in you. But that prevents Trek Scoogle.
Speaker 5: Yeah true, But anyways, jj W other prospects. The apparently the return that the Orioles got for Adley is the greatest return in the last thirty years, according to some executive. Is this true that it's the greatest return ever in the last thirty years?
Speaker 4: One Sota was traded, right, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying that's what like if you said one Soto was traded for CJ. Abrams, James Wood, McKenzie Gore, and Harlan Susannah and Robert Haslo didn't turn out. I struggle to come up with a prospect return better than that. That is a guy who could win the MVP. Another guy who is the all star starting r star shortstop I believe for the National League this year. Another guy who is a mid rotation starter who was then turned around this year and traded in another big deal. And a guy who's still the miners but throws one hundred and two and could end up being a very impactful Big leaguer.
Speaker 5: Okay, so you disagree, I would say, again it's a good return, but it's hard to beat that.
Speaker 3: I mean that that return is and yes, at the Asacar better be an absolute stud down.
Speaker 4: The road for the beat to beat that return.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's fair. So all right, So do you think what they gave up here? I mean, do you think what the red Soux gave up is that a lot for Adli Rushman?
Speaker 3: It's a lot unless Adelie Rushman comes back healthy quickly. Like again, this is one of those things I am one who says, like I know, I cover prospects, and that's what I do. But I absolutely get not being a prospect hugger at this time of year, right because if you run the numbers on this, and I try to do that, when you say, like, okay, even they got you know, they got as we see it, they got a top fifty prospect in Anianssen, in uh Anthony Einsen, they got a back of the top hundred right on that frames Alexander Fries and him no different. I mean that like ones, you know, ninety seven ones, one oh one, same thing basically. And I would say that Indy Aslakar, we're kind of trending towards that he was getting closer and closer to Kyson Witherspoon. How we would line those guys up as well. But if you said you're getting a thirty five to you know, thirty to fifty prospect and two fringes of the top hundred prospects, if one of those guys ends up being a ten more player, you know, for his career, that would be a great return. Two would be an outstanding return. Prospects when these trades like there, if you get a solid regular and you get someone else who's a useful role player, even in a deal like this, that's generally kind of the return you get.
Speaker 2: Today's episode is sponsored by the ASPCA Pet Health Insurance Program.
Speaker 6: Kratz.
Speaker 1: We love our pups, we.
Speaker 7: Do, and I can't put Bella in a bubble.
Speaker 5: So you know what I'll do.
Speaker 7: I'll do the next best thing for.
Speaker 4: Her, That's right.
Speaker 2: The ASPCA Pet Health Insurance Program offers customizable accident and illness plans that can fit your budget, your lifestyle, and even your pets particular quirks. ASPCA Pet Health Insurance has been around for almost thirty years and has covered over one million pets, and when it's time to submit a claim, it's easy. Just use their app and receive reimbursement for eligible VET bills directly into your bank account, so you can get back to focusing on what really matters, that's your pet. To explore coverage, visit ASPCA Pet Insurance dot com slash foul. That's ASPCA Pet Insurance dot com slash faul again one more time. ASPCA Pet Insurance dot Com slash foul. This is a paid advertisement. Insurance is underwritten by either Independence American Insurance Company or United States Fire Insurance Company and produced by PTZ Insurance Agency Limited. The ASPCA is not an insurer and is not engaged in the business of insurance.
Speaker 7: Before we get to the next return, I heard you say it on hotsheet, What would you say the percentage of these guys that get traded become impactful big leaguers because you have top one hundred numbers. You still have the top one hundred numbers because you're just talking about them in another organization. So it's not like you're sitting here going, oh, now, we're losing all our prospects.
Speaker 3: Right, So I tried to run some numbers on this. Basically I'm trying to find them right now, so I don't misquote them. But basically what you kind of find this is so the thing that's important kind of on all of this is is that over and over when you talk about these kind of deals, one of the things that happens is is that there is such a difference between that top The reason we're not seeing the Jesus Madaes the you know, the hoseway Topaula is traded.
Speaker 4: The success rate.
Speaker 3: Really does kind of steadily decline even as you go down the top hundred. Right if you're talking about top ten prospect in baseball, you're talking about top three prospect in baseball.
Speaker 4: My expectation is that guy is.
Speaker 3: Going to be a long time, successful regular and all star, right, And it doesn't always work out that way.
Speaker 4: But a lot of the time.
Speaker 3: Does you get to top ten and you're talking about still a really good chance to see that and a really good chance to get a regular. By the time you get about fifty on the list, now you're talking to like it's a coin flip toss, you know, chance. And then by the time you get to like one hundred on the list, now you're talking you got more like a twenty five to thirty percent chance of a long term regular, still a good chance. You still want those kind of guys. Those kind of guys can absolutely change the direction of your organization. But at the same time, it's not something where if you see again, I think we are up to now, last I checked five top hundred prospects trade at the deadline, which by the way, makes it basically one of the busiest deadlines. Already with an hour to go, you know, well almost an hour to go, an hour plus until we'll find out of all the deals it's one of the busiest deadlines ever. But five top hundred prospects means if we get two or three of those who end up being slng term studs, that's a good return.
Speaker 7: All right about the Angels, you had them on there, number one, number one returned player in a trade the Angels got.
Speaker 3: So they get their shortstop of the future, which, again you can ask, does that mean that Zach detO is is he Are they gonna have two short stops of the short term future or are they gonna have one? We'll see, But I will say that the thing that stands out to me about this is and if I'm an Angels fan, I'm not, but if I was, I would be very excited about today because all I just said about prospect hugging and all the opposite that the worst thing you can do is year after year be like, Nope, we're not traded prospects.
Speaker 4: We're in it. It's like we won seventy three games. Next year, we're in it. We won seventy four games. And they've done this.
Speaker 3: They have not had a winning record in the past decade. They everyone knows, we all you know, we were seeing scouts for the Angels who were going out scouting for the return for Shoeo Tani at the deadline, the owner said, nope, flip it, We're going the other way around.
Speaker 4: They didn't do that this year.
Speaker 3: This year they are actually trading valuable pieces, but for they've realized they're not were anywhere near to being where they need to be. Argent Namala, it's the big return in that trade. That's the Blue Jay's number one prospect, a shortstop who's kind of had up and down kind of development paths so far. There are times where he looks lost at the plate. There are times he looks locked in, but then you have to remember he's kind of in one of the youngest guys at every level he's played at.
Speaker 4: He's still only twenty years old. It's in Double A.
Speaker 3: There's real power here, there's the real you know, shortstop glove of Eventually he may out grow up in the short dum. I think he could be an above average shortstop defensively at the big league level, and he's making much more contact strikeouts are concerned. In the past twenty two percent strikeout rate. This year, he's showing the kind of steps forward you want to see and yeah, Like if you look at for the Angels and you say, okay, they've added him. We talked about boys as Palisteros, We've talked about they're adding players who The one other thing I would say about the Angels is the thing that's tripped at the Angels year after year after year has been yes they have Mike Trout, Yes they had Choey O'tani, but every year they're always like one il trip away from looking around and going, we don't have a second baseman, we don't have a third basement, we don't have a short stop, we don't have a number four starter or whatever it is. And they've often had to hand those two players, you know, basically waiver claims at all, and they've lost so many games because they really haven't had kind of the next up. Nacho Alvarez, who they added from the Braves in the trade today, I think not Avaaz is a great He's not even a prospect anymore.
Speaker 4: It's officially graduated. But he's not a great player in anyway.
Speaker 3: You're not going to say, oh, that's a game changing player, but he has way more value for the Angels. I would say that he does for say the Braves because I do think with the Angels, if you said send him to Triple A, but when there's.
Speaker 4: An injury, and there will be, we know there are going to be injuries.
Speaker 3: When there is, okay, you bring him up and he can play third for a little while, or play second, even play short a little bit in a pinch.
Speaker 4: He can do all those things.
Speaker 3: Those are the things that I would say year after year the Angels haven't had.
Speaker 5: Have one more question for you, can we can we show the board of the ba's top rank prospects traded so far? Can we can we pull this back? Please? I just want to know JJ. I have a question for JJ about it. Namal Is one, Hope is to Marquez three, and then we get to really.
Speaker 3: I'll give you the updated one because we've had more players traded since then. So right now it's Anthony Ayes Iinsen one, Themala two, Hope three, Kyson Witherspoon four, and Alexander Friez five because no trades are happening fast and furious.
Speaker 5: Okay, no problem, But my question is more on River Ryan. He's about to be twenty eight years old. Is he still considered a prospect?
Speaker 3: He is because he's prospect eligibly could win Rooie the year next year.
Speaker 4: That's our rule we have.
Speaker 3: But I would say like he is one of the most difficult guys to rank in a long time, because I cannot find you an example. I've been I've got a piece coming out whenever they stopped doing trades, and so it'll be tomorrow probably before I get to do it. But I looked at every big league starter who graduated from rookie status as age twenty eight or older of the twenty first century, and there are a couple on there.
Speaker 6: There's Al R.
Speaker 3: Dickey, you know, who blew out his arm and then reinvented himself as a knuckleballer. And there's Jeremy Guthrie who went on a two year you know, mission trip and so got off to a late started his career.
Speaker 4: It's a very short list there aren't, you know.
Speaker 3: If you take out the Japanese pitchers who were coming over after long careers in the you know, in the MPB, and taking away a few Cuban pitchers who pitched in Syria you know, in Seria now now for a long time and then came over, you know, take those away, and there just aren't a whole lot of starters of Vinnie Ilk domestic starters who graduate at age twenty eight. River Ryan is a weird case. He was a two way player at UNC Pembroke, a shortstop second baseman who then would relieve and it was still going to starter at the end of the year that had started him. But he first year as a pitcher in college was twenty seventeen and here we are it's twenty twenty six and he's thrown one hundred innings once in his career. That's a hard guy to evaluate because even next year, as great as his stuff is, even next year, it's going to be hard to ramp him up because he's thrown thirty six innings this year, basically throw any last year he didn't throw the year before that. What I mean, it's one hundred and one hundred and twenty you know, going to be the realistic outcome, Like that's what's going to be interesting to watch.
Speaker 2: This is that time of year, aj it is Baseball's time to shine, and it is Sea geeks time to shine with MLB tickets and finding the best, best pricing seating and games that are even sold out available on Sea.
Speaker 5: Geek absolutely if you want to go to the biggest matchups coming up. We have Yankees Cubs coming up. Where's Yankees red sox? That means stuff. Again, there's some big moments that are coming up here in the as the penachases really heat up. Go to ske can find those green tickets with the best deals and get yourself out to an MLB game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they're straightforward with you.
Speaker 2: They will actually put a red dot next to a ticket that they don't feel is your best.
Speaker 6: Look.
Speaker 2: Green dot means very good code for you. It's Territory ten ten percent off your next set of MLB tickets at Sea Gek. That's ten percent off MLB tickets when you use the promo code Territory one zero. Make sure you click the link in the description to download the app and have the code automatically added to your account so you can use it later. Okay, So it doesn't sound like we're in love with him, right, It sounds like the.
Speaker 5: Guy like a lot of things.
Speaker 2: Like sounds like the real prize in that package was zyr Hoope.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 2: There are other prospects similar ILK in terms of potential to be impacts big leaguers that are on your list, right, It's not like Hope's in his own category? Is Terrek Scooble in his own category? Like when you see what's going on today? Logan Henderson Scott Logan Henderson. Does it make me think that the Tigers traded Schooble too soon on a Saturday night before everything else happened? Or did the industry do the classic We have to wait and see what happens with Schoogle. My point is, does that look like by far the best package? And I know that it's it's different for a rental versus controllable years.
Speaker 4: That's where I was going to go.
Speaker 6: Is this.
Speaker 3: I think that the rental piece of it is the key component. And you can say that you should overpay you when you're talking about it's a rental, but it's a two time back to back defending cy Young Champion young winner.
Speaker 4: That's that's not the.
Speaker 3: Same thing as a normal even ACE. But this I studied every twenty first century ACE rental trade package and this one fits very much within those parameters. And then you see a trade like the Soriano trade and you're like that it seems weird. You know that that would be cause Sorianis. No one thinks that Sorianos is good a pictures as Scoble. But then you look at it a different way and you say, but again two plus years versus a couple of months, and I do the other, you know, the other thing that is being discussed. I think you again, I've done reporting on this. I'll all make it my reporting. But how much of it is like we do also have that Schooble is coming off of you know, he's pitching well, but he had a new, more novel type of elbow procedure earlier this year. Seems like the medicals are fine, but I do also wonder if there are teams who are more cautious when it comes to that. Again, there's all these things where I said it to you guys on Sunday, like to me for all those things, I'm not saying that you sacrifice everything for the long term. But if you have a chance to have Trek Scougel in your playoff rotation, I do think it doesn't guarantee you anything, even for the Dodgers guarantee you anything, but it does definitely up your chances and when you get to October, upping your chances. That's kind of the point of the game in a lot of ways.
Speaker 2: Hey, we're about to go over a breaking news trade after rechat with you, which is Hellya Ramos being acquired by the Yankees. I'm going to put you on the spot with one name that seems to be surfacing here as the primary prospect in the trade. His name is Henry Lalane in the New York Yankee system.
Speaker 1: I know that you know him. I've heard you talk about him. Can you tell us what are.
Speaker 2: Your thoughts on the Giants picking up someone like this and giving away someone in Ramos who is not just a rental.
Speaker 3: He's the young guy version of River Ryan. And that sounds weird to say this because he's much younger. But Henry Lelane was a guy who was a breakout prospect few years ago and then he injured I believe it was his shoulder off top of my head, and he really kind of disappeared right. There was a multi year's period where the stuff was just gone. When he would make appearances, rehab appearances, you'd be like, it was kind of depressing to see a guy used to have top tier stuff not have it. And this year the stuff's back, and we saw him basically come out and just shove time after time and a time. He's been the fastest riser, the biggest riser on that Yankees top thirty list for us. He is a guy who I think is a very good git for the Giants. I think that you look at this Giants farm system now and I don't think there's a lot of consolation for a Giants fan right now if you thought you're gonna be a lot better than this. But that is a very good git to get for a guy like Elliott Ramos, who's a good, solid player. But again, this is I think if I was looking at the Yankees system and you said, what picture do I want, there's a couple of guys who probably a little bit closer proximity, little less risk, that maybe you would go after.
Speaker 4: But if you're saying I want to shoot the moon for.
Speaker 3: A guy who could be a front of the rotation starter if everything breaks right and most importantly stays healthy, that's the that's the guy you'd be looking at.
Speaker 5: That's a lot of ifs. By the way, sorry, that's a lot of traded.
Speaker 4: That's why it's trading.
Speaker 1: A lot of ifs six seven lefty though, you gotta.
Speaker 5: You know what they say from my aunt and uncle?
Speaker 1: What do they say?
Speaker 5: And I love to say it. I was scolded. I was reprimanded for using it once. Okay, JJ ahead balls, she'd be my uncle.
Speaker 4: I gotta get back to writing. Thank you guys, do it, thank you.
Speaker 7: Thanks.
Speaker 2: That was data dish from JJ Cooper, going over prospects and getting inside the data. Whether you're building a program, developing players are just tired of guessing. Rahapsoda dot com is the spot to learn more data wins. Rhapsodo helps you use it trying the rubber for the Dodgers Mega team will be Trek Schoogle. This is our little window to talk about the deal that rocked the weekend. We did a a forty minute show over the weekend breaking news. It all still applies if you want to check that out at some point later on. But we're live here within the Ft trade deadline extravaganza. So when you saw that, your first reaction was duh, Really you weren't surprised that nobody else this time?
Speaker 5: I thought it was no, I know here's I was no, okay, So what's funny is I was with Ken on Saturday. We were in Wrigleyville. We were driving back to the hotel after the game. First of all, took him forever. Ken, hurry up after the games. You're making me wait. And I had all these awkward Cup fans coming up to me asking me for pictures and stuff. I'm like, you're a Cup.
Speaker 1: Fan, they love you.
Speaker 5: But he was in the car and I've written with Ken before, and he texted me before the games, like, don't bother me today, just leave me alone.
Speaker 7: Right, So he's.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, no, no, no no, it's Ken. Okay, Can and I haven't boss. Can and I. Can and I love each other, okay, So anyone thinks we don't get along, we get along awesome. And Can and I just give each other a grief because we like each other. Yes, But he's sitting I'm sitting in the passenger side backsteam He's across from me and the behind the driver, and all I hear is and I'm like, Ken, what is happening? And he' said I told you not to bother me. And I was like what. He's like, let me finish this, let me finish this, and on his and I could see his iPad. It wasn't on the phone. It was on his iPad, and I could see on his iPad it said it was text from people, and I wasn't. I just saw text.
Speaker 3: I was.
Speaker 5: I didn't read them, so ken don't. I didn't read them. I just saw it was like, dude, a million texts. And I was like, can what's happened? He's like, I think Scoogle happens tonight and I was like, oh, oh where, and he's I can't tell you, but I think it's happened in the night. And I was like, oh, okay, sweet, sweet sweet. And then so I don't know. We get back to the hotel and I think it was probably twenty minutes later, ten minutes later where it came out he was going to the Dodgers. And my first reaction was duh. And then my second reaction was anger for the Brewers and the race because Brewers and Rais fans, because then you see what they got back. And again, Okay, White might end up being the best player ever. Okay, but on paper, you would think that the Brewers, who we've all heard have the best farm system of going right, say, might be the best player. Your hope sorry, call him, say you're white sorry, Zay your hope sorry, zire hope might be there. It is say your hope sorry, might be the And Jim said he's gonna he's gonna be an awesome player in this and now. But I was thinking, and We've talked about this on the show so many times, and so many people I've talked to over the last week were like, please let someone other than the Dodgers go for it. And we've talked about on the show. Raise Brewers, go for it, get this guy, get it done. The Rays. You have a great chance to win the American League this year and get to the postseason. And yes, Freddy Peralta is a nice pickup, but you also have Rasmus, and you also have McClanahan. You also have Nick Martinez, right, and you just lost two out of three to the White Sox. Go get Scooble doesn't happen, Brewers, you have a great chance if you go miss schoolball. Harrison, your team, the way you play your bullpen with McGill and a Rebay and the rest of that group that did ashby the way Pat Murphy handles it, you have a chance to knock off and not only knock them off, but take the one guy they really wanted and basically say, here's the guy you wanted. We got them and they didn't do it. And that's why my second reaction was anger, because I just as a baseball fan. Okay, listen, Dodgers are awesome. I love the Dodgers. I love the Dodger players. The organization's unbelievable. They go and do what they want to do right, money aside, they use their resources and they do it better than anybody else. Okay, but gosh darn it, I want to see one of these other teams one time say screw it, we're just gonna give up our third best prospect and our eighth best prospect and make a deal happen. And they didn't do it. And listen, Matt Arnold, we love Matt Earland's been on the show and I love talking to Matt Arnold. And Kratz I know loves Matt Arnold and he's pickleball and this and that. Gosh darn it, and Matt Mark Attanasio gave you the okay to go get Derek Scooble, and this was the time to do it, even if it's only for two months. You saw what happened in two thousand and eight when you went and got Cecson Maathia, and none of those players turned out to be that great. I mean, Mount Laporter was the big name. Yes, Michael Brandley had a great career, but he had a great career in Cleveland.
Speaker 7: So I just wish there was a way.
Speaker 5: That's my rant.
Speaker 2: Remember the Dodgers trade for you Darvish, which at the time was huge too, and they gave up all these prospects to Texas, Like.
Speaker 1: None of them worked out. I mean, and I get it.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you're gonna get caught and somebody is going to thrive elsewhere.
Speaker 1: But krat you were just out in Milwaukee.
Speaker 2: They have a top three system, really unanimous across the sport. It's really deep, and it's full of impact players, and at some point it's going to become the logjam, and then it's going to become Oh, some of these players lose value, which is what happened with the Orioles. The question on everyone's mind is you had an opportunity to not lose out on a huge pitcher because of money. This has to do with prospect capital, and you let a team that could beat you in the National League Championship Series or whatever grab them.
Speaker 7: That's the that's the part that's toughest for me, is you want to make the World Series because you have a chance to win the World Series if they're in the American League. I think this move okay, it's fine. You know what, we don't need to beat the Yankees. We don't need to beat the Rays with Trek Skubel to me, if you know and you think that the Dodgers are gonna be the team that's going to outbid you, if you're the Brewers, I think you do it. Because the one consistency that the Brewers have had is it doesn't matter who they have, who they get rid of. They're making the playoffs. They're winning the division. Starting in twenty eighteen, they've been the it's a dynasty in their division. They're they're taking the NL Central, and they're making everybody else who cares?
Speaker 5: Who cares? Who cares? Who cares? Who cares? The Braves won fourteen k secutive divisions. They won one World Series. Everyone says that's they won one. The Birds haven't won a World Series every one.
Speaker 7: They have the farm system to do that. That's never going to change. Make the trade to win the World Series that you do not have clearly. So far, everything that you've done is just win the division. So you've got that locked down. You'll be able to do that no matter who you get rid of. For Tarrek's scuble, for the Orioles when they got rid of Corman, Burns still can win the division. For the Mets got rid of Freddie Peralta, they still can win the division. So you can get rid of guys, you can get rid of prospects too. To me, this was the move that they needed to make. I get it. They're not Sarah Scouoble's not hitting home runs. Doesn't matter. They do it their own conventional way. But they've solidified the fact that they can win the division. Now you have to make a move to win the World Series or to make it to the World Series, and the Dodgers are the team in your way. If the Dodgers didn't want Schooble, then I'm like, okay, fine, and then you don't need Scooble. But this is that's where I think they missed.
Speaker 1: They missed badly, and maybe we're going to be wrong.
Speaker 5: Maybe we're wrong. I don't know, but it's just what wrong on what? Maybe wrong?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 2: Maybe they still slay the dragon and the Breers beat the Dodgers and they do ninety things in the next three eighty.
Speaker 5: Nineteen eighty two is a really long time ago, and they didn't win that year. They've never won a World Series? Right, asked the Cubs when they traded Glaver Torres for old As Chapman, and everyone's like, oh, he's a rental and then he went back to the Yankees. Was twenty sixteen?
Speaker 2: Worked at what about twenty twenty three? Jordan Montgomery, who was not as good as Trek Schoogle. He was the prize or, one of the top prizes of the trade deadline. He was the difference shoved for the Rangers. Diamondbacks wanted him to didn't get him beat them in the World Series.
Speaker 5: But here's anybody it tells when a team says we're not going to go all in, do they really think they're good enough to win? That's my question? Do they really think they're good enough if we don't trust that we can win this year if we go and get the best picture available by far, A guy who's won back to back syngs. Again, this is not this is just a question, not not my opinion, but does the front office believe, hey, we're good enough if we don't, if we won't give up our seventh and eighth best prospect to me?
Speaker 1: And honestly, I don't know.
Speaker 5: That's the that's the that's the that's the new question. In the old days, and again I've played in the old days, Okay, teams are like, we got a chance, we're freaking going for it. We don't care about that guy five years from now. But now teams are, well, he might be good seven years from now. You got to hold on to him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fifty, let's just be in it. Every don't know, it's really whatever.
Speaker 5: That's why i'm because I just feel like they could have got it done and it. World Series winning teams are remembered forever in every city that happens in right, they're They're remembered forever, especially when you're the first one to do it. I mean the twenty sixteen Cubs, two thousand and five White Sox, twenty fifteen Royals, and they had one since eighty five, right, that twenty fifteen fifteen team is legendary two thousand and four Red Sox legendary right for teams that haven't won. The first Brewers team if they ever do, it gonna never be forgotten. In Milwaukee. The first Mariners team that ever makes the World Series, and then if they win, it will never be forgotten. It's just I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's the summertime, aj and this is a time to feel free wild, make some phone calls that you're overdue for, and also get some deals that you should be getting that you deserve.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it couldn't be any easier though. It's just one price for unlimited talk, text and data. It's really simple. It is one price for all the data and all the phone calls you could want per month.
Speaker 6: It's simple, that's right.
Speaker 2: All of mint Mobiles plans are fifteen bucks a month with the summer sale, even unlimited. To get your new wireless plan for just fifteen bucks a month, go to mintmobile dot com slash territory. That's mintmobile dot com slash territory to cut your wireless bill to fifteen dollars a month.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 2: There's no catch upfront payment of forty five dollars for three months ninety dollars for six months or one hundred eighty dollars for twelve months. Plan required fifteen bucks per month equivalent taxes and fees extra initial plan term only greater than fifty gigabytes may slow when network is busy. Includes up to twenty gigabyte hotspot capable device required, availability, speed and coverage barries. See mitmobile dot com. Buck Show Walter joining us on trade deadline Day. Happy trade deadline Day to you, Buck, And I want to start with the team that you know you just visited, actually the Baltimore Orioles Trading off ADLEI Retchman, can you take me through your thoughts on that one and what you know about Adley and how the Red Sox make an interesting interdivision move like this.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, it's it's sad to see somebody that so much a community move on. It's been a little different circumstance for him. He's playing on a lot of stages. He'll do well with it. You know, this time of the year you get sometimes I think the front officers are seeing how many people they can acquire that are on that top top one hundred lists. Oh here's number seventeen. Oh here's number fifteen, here's number number four? What do you really got? You know? So one you better have somebody to take his place, which they think they do, and they actually got to catch her back in a deal. But it's kind of sad, you know, going at Chris Davis's Hall of Fame, they were like fourteen or fifteen guys show up, And I thought about how much we've kind of missed keeping teams together and let them grow together, and let them go through the tough times to appreciate the good times. And I don't know, Adalie Leavin somehow just you'd like to see him stay the course there. But I know how how people work nowadays.
Speaker 5: Fuck, what do you just said something? You just said something? I love. They're trying to get this prospect in that front now you or You've been in a lot of organizations, and Kratz and I say this all the time. They and we love Baseball America, We love JJ Cooper. The top thirty prospects in an organization. Please tell me how many prospects there really are in an organization. No organization has thirty prospects. If they have seven or eight, they're way ahead of most organizations, right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, without a doubt. And you know who makes these lists up. You know they talk to the scouting director. What's he going to say, we don't have any prospects, you know, so you know it's like who's evaluating this and saying, Okay, this is the real guy. One of the best things organizations can do is separate their prospects from their suspects. You know, one thing about the great gen Michael New York, one thing is greate. It's one of the greatest attributes other than being able to evaluate players, is when they made a mistake. When he made a mistake, he goes, boys, we whiffed on that one. Let's move on. Let's don't compound it by continuing to run this out. And the ability to look at yourself well honestly and say, you know, but if you know it before the other teams know it, and you can move that player and get something a piece for your club instead of being stubborn and going listen, we were writing that draft and we were writing this and we'll never you know, you got to admit it. Sometimes sometimes you swinging this. Everything's lines up right on paper, but somehow it just doesn't work out. Sometimes from a makeup standpoint.
Speaker 7: Do you have a role in that as a manager. Do you look at the players and say, that's a big leaguer, please don't get rid of him, or do you say, I don't care who it is. I want to get only big leaguers for you know, lou Panella style now whatever. I don't like anybody in the minor leagues.
Speaker 6: Well, you know, looking. Because I was lucky enough to come through farm systems and kind of run some of it out there in Arizona, I realized the big picture as a manager, and I knew sometimes you had to do certain things and you appreciated the whole scheme of how it went down, so you took it. But calling those guys in and tell them about it. Nowadays you just find out about it. The guys walk in, Hey, I've been traded. There's not that kind of code of I don't know, honor or whatever. It's painful time for managers that you know you've been around guys forever. I remember trying to talk Max into going and taking the trade because he wanted to stay. He felt like he was kind of jumping ship on his teammates. But you know, a lot of things hit me this weekend with Chris Davis and all the players that came back for him and that group, there was just a certain connection that they've kind of played for each other. You guys know when you're on the right team, and you can't quantify, you just know when you're in the right place. So sometimes anything I could do to keep these players from feeling like pieces of meat that you moved around that it was more personal. You had to do that in the clubhouse, and this time of year, it just seemed like it's not very personal. Let's just say we're gonna move you this and that and whatever. So I don't begrudge anybody to get in a note trade at all.
Speaker 2: For parents looking for a new path to help your child succeed this year, there's still time to enroll in K twelve powered online schools. K twelve Powered schools offer tuition free, accredited online public education for students in kindergarten through twelfth grade. Todfather take it Away.
Speaker 8: Stride is a wonderful option for anybody that's always on the run. I mean, look at myself, from playing baseball to helping out a lot of people. Stride is fantastic for your child to be homeschool. They will love it no matter what.
Speaker 2: K twelve's dedicated teachers are trained in virtual instruction, and they provide real time support, all in an online setting that works for your family at home or anywhere that there's internet. If you're on the go, it could be for you. It's not too late to enroll this fall. See how K twelve powered schools can help your child thrive this year and beyond. Enroll online today at K twelve dot com slash foul. That's the letter K the number twelve dot com slash f o u l K twelve dot com slash foul. K twelve serving three million students and counting. Hey, Buck, let's go over some of the trades that you've liked so far. And I've known you for a while at this point, I know you like a good old baseball player for.
Speaker 1: MLB player for MLB player trades.
Speaker 2: So we just had one right before you popped on in Dalton Bar show landing with the Houston astro spencer Arighetti goes the other way. That's just one I'd love to get your thoughts on, but give us any others too.
Speaker 6: When you comment, Yeah, isn't it funny how this time of year the baseball player seemed to be wanted like a rise. You know, every year he seems to be a free agent. Every year he seems to get traded. Every year somebody wants seem for something. Maybe he might want to look at what he brings and make it more valuable than you think it is. You know, the knock on him was he was a poor defender. He worked hard on that, you know, with Ron Washington out there and a lot of other infield guys, and you know he's kind of he's improved a lot defensively. He can play a lot of place. Since Bar shows a guy that you allow, Man, there's a baseball player, you start looking at these. I thought the Weaver trade for Pittsburgh was under the radar, was a great trade that you know, if you can't do certain other things, you can shorten the game and make leeds matter. When you can make leeds matter late in the game, the MORALEI or club really picks up.
Speaker 7: Now you talked about the Luisa Rice trade. How fearful you as a manager when you're moving three guys essentially out of position to bring one guy in.
Speaker 6: Well, you know, I think it's a great pat on the back for Harper. He's willing to move to left field or right field, the first base, maybe d h a little bit. You know, some people thought he was going to be a catcher at one time. We'd forget about that, but he's you know, I guarantee you at some point they asked him about that because I know how Dave and Donnie work over there. You know, they do it the way it's supposed to be done. And he just said, yeah, hey, you get him and make our club better. Let's go. If they had never played there before, I feel differently, but they played there before. And when someone does something to help the team as a whole, it seems to rub off on everybody that nobody's better, nothing's beneath anybody. You saw it some with Devers and some other things, because they became a negative narrative around him because you know, whether it was fair or not that he wasn't willing to do something to make the team better. But I think it's fine, I really do. They've done their homework and they I think Harper is the one that makes it work.
Speaker 5: Buck is a manager on a team, and you've been in situations where you can win and lose. Do you accept it if your front office comes you and says, hey, we couldn't really make that big trade, right or hey that's the best we could do. Or do you go to your GM and say, damn it, I wish you could have done more, because, like you said, it energizes the room, It energizes the coaches, it energized what's the is in today's game? Is it different than it used to be? Or does it still matter what the manager says, Hey, I wish you would have done more.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's a good question. The way I looked at it was, it's not my job, okay if they asked my input on something, this guy or that guy. You know, some of the best deals are when someone comes to you and you go, hey, this guy's really having trouble on his workday. He's starting to really go the other way. We traded Omar Doll with the Kurt Shilling deal years ago because our pitcher told our GM that this guy was starting to go the other way. You know, he wasn't able to make his workday. When you listen to those guys about you can get ahead of some things. But that's not your job. You know what your job is, a j Your job is to go in there are guys, we have so much confidence in you, and we could have done this. I've heard some sometimes I've told guys who are complaining a little bit, I go, wait a minute, we could have made that deal, but it was for you. We could have traded you for that guy. By the way, And I don't want to hear the stuff about the Dodgers. Everybody had their shot at schooable. If you were willing to give up players, you could have got Schooble too. Okay, So I don't want to hear about the Dodgers being, you know, at fault or something. They had the prospects, they had the people, and they had the willingness to do it, and their debt could withstand the subtraction of those players. But no, AJ, your job is to manage those players. And when when I go on to pres comms and talk about, oh, man, I hope we do this, and I hope we do that. We need an outfielder, what's that saying to those three or four outfielders you got, what's that saying, hey, we need a catcher to the catcher you got what's that saying to the bullpen pieces you have down there and their families and the people that are you know, living and dying with them every day. So that's not your job. Your job is to take whatever they deem. And I look at it. They had confidence in us that we could get it done with what we had.
Speaker 7: You praised Harper for moving positions, but he came out and he said it. He said those things about his teammates. Do you have to say something to your player or he's the star and you're like, ah, you know what, We're gonna let him speak what however he wants to speak, wouldn't you think?
Speaker 6: Now, Donnie said, do you know you got to say something? You can't let that kind of slide. And it's one of those things every once in a while you forget about how much weight your words carry, players do, and you you go, wait a minute. I didn't think about the people that reflected on. Yeah, I want to win, but guess what, everybody wants to win. The manager wants to win, Your teammates want to win. And I would have said, yeah, you know, we could have done that for you if you'd trade, if you'd waived the no trade contract. We could probably made that deal. Oh no, I don't want you trade me.
Speaker 7: That's not what I meant.
Speaker 5: Hang on, hang on, yeah, wait a minute, you gout.
Speaker 6: You've been traded, right? What did it feel like? How many times you've been traded at the deadline?
Speaker 7: I loved getting traded because I was always getting traded from Triple A to the big league, So that that works out for me. I love to get except my family had a move. But we're not talking about those types of trades. Those those aren't even talked about on FT. But what is talked about is the Scoogal trade and you kind of mentioned it there. How much does this impact your view of how other teams truly view winning, the fact that the Dodgers are the team that came out on top.
Speaker 6: Well, there's always that extra player that everybody's asking for, and at some point Detroit's gonna line them all up and they're gonna go, Okay, what's the best deal? Or sometimes the best deal you make is the one you don't make. Is there any deal there that we would make? Okay, there's none of them we like, Okay, we're not going to do it. You got to be willing to walk away. But at some point they were willing to give up the pieces better than other people. You know, in the minds of Detroit, you know their evaluation. So yeah, I don't know if there's a team in baseball that couldn't have given the pieces to acquire him. Okay, it's just a matter are you willing to do it? And let me ask you, guys a question. You think that you think the Dodgers are going to sign and do what it takes to sign him. At the end of the year, you're also gaining the rights to him, you know. I like their chances and what that means in twenty twenty seven with the at a lockout, who knows. And I think there's some clubs kind of maneuvering around because of the lockout potential too. I think that, let's be honest, I think that affects some of this.
Speaker 5: Of course, but I love that it gives Trek Scubo a chance. And people are gonna hate this, but it gives him a chance to see the Dodgers of close and personal, and the Dodgers make great impressions on people. And if they win, he's gonna say, man, I really loved La. I love the weather, I love this, I love that, and I love the movies.
Speaker 6: The right he's in California, right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, northern California, though I thought, big difference.
Speaker 6: You know, I've become real biased over the years about regionally looking at players. Those are there's a there's a part of California. I had so much luck with players for some reason. They were really good baseball players.
Speaker 5: It wasn't Orlando. It wasn't Orlando. Book, So it's fine, there's.
Speaker 6: Some good ones there. If you get outside of Orlando. You got to get outside the hub. Yeah, outside the hub.
Speaker 5: Apparently not because you never acquired me. So apparently you would.
Speaker 6: They wouldn't.
Speaker 5: Apparently not.
Speaker 6: They wouldn't give them a heartbeat.
Speaker 5: Apparently not. But the reason I bring this up is Brewers. Okay, And I keep and I keep harping on this. And as a fan of baseball and a fan of Pat Murphy and Matt Arnold and the Brewers, and you mentioned a little bit they didn't give up the players. What you would you want them to give up the players as a fan of baseball. Just because everyone is pushing this Dodgers narrative, Dodgers Dodgers Dodgers. Do you want to don't you as a fan of the game, and this is where I'm coming from, Man, I wish the Brewers of the Rays would have given up that player just to see if they could slay the dragon as the David verus Goliath whatever however you want to put it right, don't you, as a fan of the game, say, Man, I wish they would have given up that guy to if that would have got it done?
Speaker 6: At what price? You know they know who the are and the not ye not.
Speaker 5: Your number one not your number one guy.
Speaker 6: AJ How'd you feel when CC Sabbati went over to the Brewers, Remember that.
Speaker 5: I liked it because I was in Nail Central, so I was like, oh, I don't have to face them six times a year. I'm happy with this exactly. I was actually there the night he got traded. He was in Chicago, and I remember seeing him on the cart. He was going past me and I was walking out. We know each other, and I was like, CC, man, good luck. He's like, you're happy, aren't you. I'm like, hell, yeah, I'm happy. I don't have to face you thirty times a year every year now.
Speaker 6: But that's That's a good example, I think very close to you know, CC was that good and to move like that, another left hander going to Brewers. But you know, yeah, as a fan, you'd like to see it happen. But you also can rally the troops and say, you know, we can still do this. You know, it's it's it's it's it's when you earn your key. AJ. The way I looked at it, you really got to accept the challenge of keeping that clubhouse going. Usually what happens when you make a really big acquisition, you have two or three games where you're not very good, and then on the flip side of it, the Tigers will probably run off five or six wins in a row. You know, there's always that thing that goes, man, shall we have waited a little bit longer or whatever? And uh, you know, some people in the conspiracy theories thinks that he went to the Dodgers because of the potential lockout with the owners. There's so much stuff out there right now. I try not to listen to it, but I you know, hey, good for the Dodgers. Good for the Dodgers.
Speaker 7: You listen to FT all the time. You heard Scott talking about that, so you're you're.
Speaker 6: What does FT stand for? Yeah? You got You guys are in a generation where everything's in abbreviation. Come on, you know it's I used to have the analytic guys and go listen, just say it, say the words. What does it stand for? And they'd go, oh, you know, I don't really know what it stands for. It's uh exit velocity means FT. Okay, I got it. Now y'all are losing me. I was going, what were they talking about?
Speaker 5: But don't have any You must not have any kids that are their teenage to twenty five year olds, because my daughter and my son that's all they they have words, and I am I'm sure crowds has to go through this too. There are times crouts where I look at my daughter and she's talking about squids and ferdas and mouse and bows and it's all college words, and I'm like, can you please explain what the hell you're talking about? MoG's mogging? What are we talking about? Talk English?
Speaker 6: Scott, the the abbreviations and the text and stuff. I'm you know, and then the pictures come in and the emojis and stuff. I'm going, God, can anybody just spell.
Speaker 7: No, wait, hang on, hang on, talk about shortening things. I don't mean to disrespect you here, Buck, but I don't think your name was Buck when you were born.
Speaker 5: So your generation, you know the things you have.
Speaker 6: To Another trade I liked. Do you know the yes William to continue? Oh?
Speaker 5: Will I didn't know it was William.
Speaker 6: You know that there's a William Nathaniel the fifth. Think about the pressure on that poor kid right now. As my son told me, I was hoping he would name something else. No, it wasn't wasn't. No good trade. You know. The deal I love is the deal that Toronto made. They're more than likely out of it, but they made a deal for next year. That's a really good acquisition. Very quietly, uh uh. He's pitched very well for Anaheim this year or the Angels whatever they're calling them nowadays. Soriano really great year. Have y'all kept up with him this year? He's been solid.
Speaker 7: He has been solid. Who hasn't been solid the Mets. When you see all these guys getting traded from the Mets, do you feel like when you get out of the limelight or the just everything that involves New York. Some of these players have a sense of relief because you had that things didn't go successfully. Everybody wants to be successful. But when you leave there, do you think these players have a certain weight that comes off their show.
Speaker 6: I don't know. You'd have to ask the players. I know only from a manager or coach standpoint, and there's some challenges there. You may not have another place, but I'm going to take that. I think we know the answer that question. Sometimes, you know, to go from a team that's struggling to a team that's right in the middle of the Pennant race, you know, gets your juices going again. You know, this time of year, I think about the families a lot. I think about the traveling secretaries. Can you imagine, you guys, what's going on this time of year trying to get people here, there and what have you. Because I found that when you're going to a losing team, they take an extra day or two to get there. When you're going to a winning team, they're there that night. And there's a lot of movement going around right now. But it's a tough time. I mean, gosh, I can't tell how many times emotionally I've had players in my office. What hurts is when a guy walks in said I've been traded. You don't even know about it? You go, oh really, and they think that you're a kid and like you don't know about it?
Speaker 7: I don't.
Speaker 6: I don't think they realize how little managers input they have in today's game with these things. And maybe lightfully so I don't know.
Speaker 5: All right, Buck, Before before I let you go, I got to ask you this question because only you will give me an honest answer to this question, and you probably won't answer it all. Is there a little bit of you? And you've been on different managers of different teams, and I was on different plays, and I played for different teams and teams you got rid of me or move me on? When you see a team that you were on before and they're not doing so good that you're kind of in the back of your mind you say, you know what I told you, so you should have kept me around.
Speaker 6: Uh, my wife might do that. I try not to. You know, that's an emotion AJ that you know at my age, you know, it just eats you up if you do that. I've got good people there. I hate to see you, know. I was talking to Pete yesterday April asked at the Baltimore game Alonzo, and uh, he's so happy with the way things are going there for him. And you know, I text with you know, you see people struggling. You don't want to see him struggle. Life seem short. But those emotions are easy to have privately, but it doesn't do you mighty good to put them out there publicly. That's that for a good answer.
Speaker 5: Good, Yeah, that's that was dodging the question like that was dodging the question one on one by book show author.
Speaker 6: Well, you asked my my wife, My wife has a buck.
Speaker 5: I don't know about your wife. My wife does the enneagram thing where she's like picture number. You have to do this like test and it gives you a number like you're a number two and it describes your personal I would love to see who you are. So I'm an eight on Enneagram.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 5: AID is like super you know, super like out there, super forceful. Doesn't forget grudges ever. Let people know.
Speaker 6: About the highest numbers.
Speaker 5: No, but it doesn't matter the number it's or the high like the higher number. Right, But AID is like super confrontational shocker that I'm that right, tells people how they feel ever, lets grudges go. So my wife's always like, oh, you're an eight because there's people that wronged me forty years ago. And I'm like, I'm gonna get you right. So that's how.
Speaker 1: I've been married.
Speaker 6: New years we've been married.
Speaker 5: You're we on right now, what the twenties going on? Twenty seven years?
Speaker 6: Buck, she must be an eight to two?
Speaker 5: Then no, she's not too.
Speaker 7: I'll try.
Speaker 6: I'll try to speed this up. When I was with the Dinmonbacks, Jerry Clangelo said, listen, we've used this brain doctor, doctor John nead Noggle from cal Berkeley. I think it was to help us make draft picks. Steve Nash, Jason Kidd, you know some pretty good draft picks. He goes, Hey, just talk to him. He basically four letters, you know, judgmental everything. And he'd give everybody a brain type. There were sixteen basic brain types and it was amazing. I used him for tie breakers in the Expansion draft because he would say he would say nothing about their playing ability, but he'd talk about their brain type. Like he gave me. We were trying to acquire Matt Williams in the trade and he told me who's brain he was like he wasn't the same guy, but you know how they would handle pressure. So at the very end he said, hey, I got something to tell you. He said, your brain type. There's only there's two of you in the organization, you and the owner, and one of you is going to have to see to the other one. I go, what, John, fascinating guy. I loved John, but it was quite an exercise that I have to look at yourself and hear somebody critique you like that. He's still around, I think John. But he was great in the draft. He was one of the reasons we wanted to go after Kurt Shilling. He loved Kurt's brain type. Steve Finley, he loved Steve Finley, he loved There were some guys that we moved Damian Miller. He loved Damien's brain type. And they were all some of them were different, but you knew what type of stimuli they responded to. Okay, I'm done. I'd love to have him do to your brain type.
Speaker 1: He found some gems here.
Speaker 5: I like it.
Speaker 8: Well.
Speaker 2: Fuck, always a pleasure. Good to catch up. We'll catch you all right, We'll take care. Thanks for having too.
Speaker 5: Thank you back h