Speaker 1: Is the Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Show, your war room for insder news and draft analysis from deep within the confines of Cowboys Headquarters at the Star Infrasco. And now your host, Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 2: Today is Tuesday, March twenty fifth, twenty twenty five, and we are officially twenty four days away from the NFL Draft in Green Bay, Wisconsin. Welcome into the Draft Show, everybody, as We've got Zach Woltschuck, We've got Brian Bradis, We've got Vox Lombardi and Nick Harris on the show with Chris Beam in the back of Kyle Yeomans, presented by Miller Lte, the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. It is Miller time and we are now within a month away from the NFL Draft and things are starting to ramp up very quickly here Nick Harris, We're gonna start seeing some third thirty visit names start to handle. Pro days are currently in action, a lot of big ones coming up this weekend too.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't mean to be a hater, but I think it's thirty days. Thirty days until the draft.
Speaker 5: What did I say?
Speaker 6: Twenty four?
Speaker 4: It's okay, Why did I say twenty five? We can use twenty four next more than No, it's.
Speaker 5: Definitely thirty days, just a week ahead. What did I say? Yeah, Yeah, I don't know. Don't don't worry. That's the second time I've misspoke today.
Speaker 6: On first of the week.
Speaker 2: First of the week, I'm talking with the boys, I said, Dave Hinney or Dave hitting And.
Speaker 5: That's aeth wait to Dent Ryan Raiders. Yeah, no, he went to Memphis. All right, So there we go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thirty days. My bad, but yeah, thirty days. We're right under a month left, and we've got.
Speaker 5: A lot of stuff still to be sifted through here, Brian is this is.
Speaker 2: This the busiest time for the scouting department trying to put all these boards together.
Speaker 7: Now, it's you know, there's some teams that out there doing workouts right now. I mean, I know, yesterday doing a radio show, watching watching a ward work underneath center. You know, it seems like to me that's the big thing is some of these quarterbacks that are playing in today's game are all playing in the show. So we got these NFL scouts and coaches want to see them play take reps from underneath center. So yeah, we're we're in the process right now of kind of getting all those things done, and when the first of April comes around, then we'll all kind of reconvene and then that's when you'll start putting these boards together. So it's a it's a good time. They just make sure you get all the final numbers and make sure nobody fell through the cracks. And there's some guys that are probably you know, help themselves with some pro days. Maybe they're maybe a priority free agent that all of a sudden now they're a sixth round guy. So a lot of work is still to be done.
Speaker 2: Yeah, finding these diamonds in the rough votch, trying to get some guys on the board that you maybe didn't have initially, and try and build relationships too.
Speaker 5: That's a big part of this moment.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, man, you know, I'm just watching film, you know what I mean, I'm just I'm just watching film. And then you know, Nick Harris is gonna tweet, Oh, the Cowboys thought such and such of this doing. I'm gonna go, oh, I never heard that. Let me go watch the film on that dude real fast, last minute, so I could be so I could be ready to go. But yeah, man, the visits, the workouts, they have nothing to do with me. In particularly, I show up and I watch film. My job on this show is to kind of, you know, get an idea of the player, and you know, when I learn more about the coaches and what they want to do, then I could take those players that we watched and kind of apply it there. But that's that's not my lane at all. I don't think I learned very much unless somebody tweets somebody and then I go, cool, Now we don't.
Speaker 5: Now you get on the film.
Speaker 7: I would pay attention to one thing, please, I'd pay attention with position coaches go to schools and work guys out. Yeah, sure, head coaches, not so much. Position coaches. If your position, if Nick and others are tweeting about that, certain position coaches are at certain big schools watching workouts. For example, we got pro days coming up at Ohio State, Texas, A, and M. If your if your coaches are out watching these pro days, your position coaches keep an eye on that. That's that's a that's a pretty good indicator right there. What they're trying to think about with these guys, is.
Speaker 2: There anything kind of standing out from the bread crumbs that we've seen so far, Nick on where those guys have been.
Speaker 4: Yeah, certainly we can look at last week and throughout the last couple of weeks. Matti ebra Fluss has been super active. He went to three different SEC pro days. I know we talked about it on this show a little bit, but he went to Tennessee, Georgia, and South Carolina and then Oregon.
Speaker 6: Last week was a notable one.
Speaker 4: They had a wide receivers coach Junior Adams, offensive line coach Connor Riley, and defensive line coach Aaron Whitecotton kind of reading the tea leaves on that Junior Adams I think was just going to support his former Oregon guys. Obviously he came from that Oregon staff. Then you look at the offensive line, I mean you could be looking at Josh Connery, you could be looking at Johnny Cornelius maybe later in the draft. Defensive line Jordan Birch, I know we've talked about him, Derek Harmon, maybe is he more in play?
Speaker 6: Jamari Caldwell, So I found that interesting.
Speaker 4: And then David Overstreet, the secondary coach, was at Florida State late last week. So as ari A Thomas Central Cyprus. So those are a couple of guys that I think could potentially work out in favor for the Cowboys, maybe on day two or later.
Speaker 6: So this week is going to be the busy week.
Speaker 4: Like Brian mentioned, Ohio State, Texas, A and M you also have Texas, you have Old Miss, you have some other big ones as well. I'm forgetting off the top of my head, but there's going to be a lot of coaches out on the road this week. Heard Brian Schottenheimer is going to be one of those coaches out on the road this week, so keep keep an eye on that as well.
Speaker 5: There's some big ones on the way.
Speaker 7: And the big the thing about with the head coach being out there too and the fact that he can shake hands see these kids maybe if he didn't seem at the combine or things like that, you know, you bring them in for the visits potentially if you really really like the kid. But what it also does is we've seen this in the past. We've seen coaches, especially the head coach, stand up in the room when the when they're on the clock, and we've seen Mike McCarthy, we've seen Jason Garrett We've seen guys stand up in that room and they ask for their opinion. And the more that Brian Schottenheimer knows about these players, and though he's able to get a feel for about him, maybe he's the guy that's in there, like, you know, breaking a tie. You know, if they if you know, they have a stack. But if it comes down to maybe a way they want to go into position. Maybe they have an offensive tackle and they're thinking about defensive tackle, but it's close, they can go either way. This is where your head coach can come in and say, let's take the offensive tackle here. You know, I have a feeling I saw the kid, met the kid like the kid. You know where that's where the coaches position coaches they're going to kind of they're going to give their two cents.
Speaker 5: That head coach.
Speaker 7: We've seen it before, Mike McCarthy, Jason Garrett, those guys will break some ties when it comes to players that might be pretty similar on their boards.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sorry to interject. These are some of the pro days that are this week. I pull up a list in front of me, Texas today. That's where our guy Tommy Yarsh is heading down to Austin right now, to see that one Boise State tomorrow, LSU tomorrow, Ohio State tomorrow. You also have Florida on Thursday, Texas A and M Notre Dame on Thursday, oll Miss on Friday, Penn State on Friday. So there's gonna be a lot going on this week and the next week is going to be more so the individual pro days for the guys who were trying to catch up medically. So you're looking at a Jalen Walker, Michael Williams, Will Johnson, Shador Sanders is gonna throw next week as well, so the couple couple more nickuls.
Speaker 7: Here being an update on what Will Johnson's going to do, because we were hearing there's going to be April fourteenth. Yes, it was, well you heard more updates on.
Speaker 4: That as of as of what I have in front of me, still scheduled for April fourteenth. The question now is if he's going to run or not. Some people are saying he's going to some people are saying he's not, so.
Speaker 5: He doesn't run.
Speaker 4: I The thing is for me for Will Johnson, what's the point of having PROE if you're not running? Yeah, seriously, because that's the only question that that's that's left for Will Johnson. We you know, you have the film to back everything else up. Everyone wants to see post injury. So you know, that's why I show up to Will Johnson. If if you're not running.
Speaker 9: Well, he's had something, does it?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Is there something that he could fail to lose or stand to lose if he does go out there and run and he doesn't run?
Speaker 6: Well, what I'm saying is why you even have a pro day?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's that's what I'm just don't do it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, because then you're saying, hey, I'm healthy, but I'm slow, you know. So it's like, it's what are we trying to do?
Speaker 10: Well?
Speaker 2: What if you cancel it at this point you already had it at April fourteenth, and you say, yeah, you know what, I'm not gonna I'm not gonna run.
Speaker 5: Does that show confidence in the fact that you are okay and you are healthy or is it hide the fact that you're good?
Speaker 2: Either way, I think I feel like you're in a tough spot one way or the other.
Speaker 4: I mean, we we've talked about Will Johnson this show. I think Brian, I just I just asked.
Speaker 7: Question because you're on the pro days. I'm not trying to hammer Will Johnson here. I'm just I'm just saying if there's anything in the community, I mean, you have got a great handle on when these pro days are going off and who's working out and stuff. I was just asking because, like I say, I wanted to make sure that if he did work, you know, I had the time. If he doesn't work, I want to put him where I'm gonna put him. Yeah, if he if I don't get a forty time on him, I'm not gonna move the kid. I'm not I'm gonna leave him as my fifth best cornerback on that draft board, you know, until he shows me that he is able. I wanted to see again a time because I want to be able to compare him to the other cornerbacks that are on that board.
Speaker 5: That's all I'm asking.
Speaker 9: What if he does run, Will, like, how how.
Speaker 7: Much you know what I now I consider? I can consider with him and Morse, with Morrison from Notre Dame, who's injured, could consider Okay, where where do I have Okay, Morrison's hurt is Morson too hurt to where he needs to be down in the round or is he or does he need to stay where he is. If if in fact, this kid Johnson runs runs a time that I feel like is good, then now now I have consideration for him. Right now I have I have an unknown for him because I'm trying to compare him to the other guys and I can't compare his speed. I could compare what I see on tape. I can't compare. And people will tell me, well, Brian, you got GPS numbers. No I don't.
Speaker 5: I'm a GPS numbers. I'm not a team. I'm not a team.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 7: I don't know what Well one time this guy ran twenty three miles an hour on an interception turn.
Speaker 5: I'm not a team that. I'd love to be able to get off to top speed. I'd love to be.
Speaker 7: Able to sit there and say, yeah, you know what he did, he ran twenty three miles an hour against Purdue in a game.
Speaker 5: I'd love to be able to say that, you know, but I don't have that.
Speaker 7: What I do have is, though, if I can call one of my guys and get a time that that I can do, I could get. I can verify times I've done it. I've done it all all spring long so far, with guys that you know. Okay, good, that's what this guy, that's what McMillan really runs. Okay, great, what'd you have that?
Speaker 5: Oh? Four or five? Oh what'd you have that? Four? Five three? Okay? I know he's somewhere probably around a four five one four five two.
Speaker 6: So I know that you do that with yesterday.
Speaker 2: Yeah again that was a negative.
Speaker 5: But does he does he play for eight three?
Speaker 11: I'm good on that you can have Does he played for eight three?
Speaker 5: I mean, seriously, you watch him play. The guy is quick.
Speaker 7: I mean you watch, you watch these games, you watch Louisville, you watch Cal you watch I mean the.
Speaker 5: Guys making plays. Yeah, he's four eight three. I guess Clickerland fast quicker than four A three and small? Yeah, not a great combo. Uh, this is gonna be a star in this league. He'll end up being a damn good player. Zach.
Speaker 2: When you look at these pro days and the ones that are coming up, whether they've already passed or wherever they end up, where would you go if you were a scout, what would be the best spot for you to try and figure out the most about this draft class?
Speaker 5: For the first boys, I got to go see these Texas A and M D Line.
Speaker 9: Tommy Yar, I'm going man because.
Speaker 11: Man im out with Shamar Stewart and we've talked about it like this dude could be a fifteen SAT guy. He could end up being in and out of the league in a flash, right. The defensive tackles they got there with Turner and then Scorting, you know, I want to get up close and personal. I want to see these guys, how they move, what makes them tick a little bit. I mean, the one thing that we don't really have is kind of the character stuff on these guys, the compete level. You know, I've heard the Big twelve Pro Days, some players came out didn't want to do a couple of workouts. Yeah, and there are some things that where we're at, we're watching the players and that's all we're really going to assess. But there are some other things when it comes to off the field character, competitiveness, when you get into some of these workouts that stand out to you in a certain way. We got to see some of that at the Shrine Ball practice. Like Kobe Bryant stout in a positive Supposedly he didn't stand out in a positive at the Pro days here for Big twelve, so you know some of these things. I do think you can get an assessment with text A and M man that stands out in a big way for me. And then I am interested in Penn State as well because Kevin Winston Junior is a safety to me injured.
Speaker 5: I'd like to go see him up close. How's he doing health wise?
Speaker 11: Because the tape for him is really really good, Like this safety class in the second round, you can get some different difference makers.
Speaker 5: And he's a guy. Man.
Speaker 11: I know it's one year of really really good production with him, but if he's healthy, that's a dude that I could really fall in love with right there.
Speaker 5: And I'm telling you what.
Speaker 7: I got my ass kicked in the last Sunday, and because I was in Austin, my LSU baseball.
Speaker 5: Team went down there and got their ass kicked.
Speaker 7: Sir, I'm going back to Austin because I'm gonna you got Golden Banks, ye Blue?
Speaker 5: Who else we got?
Speaker 7: Yeah, we got soul, we got Barrett Macouba.
Speaker 9: He had a son of dude, Cuba safety woman.
Speaker 7: Yeah, watch watch me go to Austin and trying trying to figure this thing out that that right that I just named off a bunch of second round dudes on my board, So I'm going to go down there and check that out. I mean, I have Blue in the third and so well is that you said?
Speaker 5: So well?
Speaker 7: The edge cREL Crell, I have him and the third. But man, I've got these these uh these, I got second and third round guys that need to kind of figure out there. That'd be a great pro day for me.
Speaker 5: Didn't l s you take game one of that? I did Texas win the second two? Yeah? Wow?
Speaker 9: Good for the longhornset like soccer or something.
Speaker 2: Where would you head you going back to Texas to you're riding with Tommy Yards shotgun all the way down?
Speaker 9: I would go, Man, but I'll just tell you over the last couple.
Speaker 5: Of days, got Barren by the way, at that Texas now said you got it?
Speaker 8: I got it, you know, just going back over my board, going back over the film, looking in my round two guys. Man, I want to talk to Will Howard. I want to talk to Josh Simmons. I want to talk to down to the Jackson. I want to talk to Quin, Shawn Jenkins.
Speaker 5: Trayvon Howard, Love coming up now, I'm.
Speaker 8: Watching Will Howard right, and I just can't stop watching trevia.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 8: So I just got a lot of questions and I don't even have questions. I just got regular film due questions, right. I'm not going to get to the bottom or anything. Just I just I just want to just watch y'all run around and have fun. Ohio State got got a ton of run around.
Speaker 12: And have fun.
Speaker 5: I just hope everyone has a good time.
Speaker 7: Catch If you guys can meet with one guy, if you can meet with one one player this year, just go up and you get to go any guy, any guy, any school, any school, any guy who do you want to go meet and talk to Deon Walker?
Speaker 5: You get an hour to talk to him.
Speaker 8: I've been I've been wanting to talk to Deon Walker so bad and it's not going to be a respectful conversation being him. Well, I mean because I feel like what I have to talk to him about, I wouldn't want to tiptoe around what we have to talk about, you know, and we might end up ration. We might why you loafing off? Yeh while you why did when the ball snap? You just stood write up? You ain't even step like what like, give me the answers to some of this stuff. And honestly, I think coach is gonna ask him that. You know what I'm saying, Hey, how come sometimes you look like a first round pick, a bona fide top fifteen guy. But other times you look like why we mad at Maza? You know, I'm just so curious to him, and I've just I've said it here on this show.
Speaker 9: If you draft this guy, it's probably gonna.
Speaker 8: Be the fourth round or something like that, because people got questions, right if he's the positive side of all that, boy, would a steal you got? And let's just say, well, Chuck, we take Derek Harmon in the second round and we look at our fifth round boy and go, hey, man, Walker still that and now that's a comboy of dudes you got for the next five years. You hit on that dude. Now you could miss on that dude. You could miss on that dude, And now you run into a David Irvis situation. He may not get drafted at all because the questions, you know what I mean, We may be sitting at this table, maybe not me, but we sit at this table on day three and y'all looking at me. In round seven, Vitch. Who's you got, hey, Deane Walkers just right there. You know what I'm saying. For whatever reason he may falls, some coaches may just have him off his board. Brian's been teaching me that sometimes these guys just not gonna have you on your board for whatever reason. So if he's there and you hit, I get a raise. Yeah, I get a raise if I hit on this guy. And if you miss on him, I mean, I mean what I mean, what happens? I just want to talk.
Speaker 2: He's probably one of the three most polarizing names that the Draft Show has talked about.
Speaker 5: And and and Walter Nolan. Those are the three. Yeah, I was kind of.
Speaker 7: Shocked those A and M kids have all they started out being really polarizing on our boards. And yeah, but Will Johnson's become polarizing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's I wanted to talk to.
Speaker 7: I want to talk to Luther Burton, a little wide receiver, because all of a sudden, I mean, I have him the first round grade on him, but the whispers are getting louder and louder and louder.
Speaker 11: Well, his coach, Eli drink Witz put out a pleasant servist announcement. Eli drink Witz he he went to uh certainly fought for him on k Adams Show yesterday.
Speaker 5: It was good.
Speaker 7: See so he made him a ringing endorsement. He must trying to fight for his kids. He must be hearing that. And I wonder why.
Speaker 4: I wonder why I covered Luther Burton and his recruitment. Got to know his his high school coach really well, got to know his recruitment really well. You could nine times out of ten tell if a kid was going to be a headache during his recruitment.
Speaker 6: I'd never got that since we Luke that's good.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 4: That was three years ago, so you know, things could have happened. And he was obviously an in state legend, went to Missouri and stayed in state and played well. The guy for me would be James Pearce out of Tennessee.
Speaker 5: That's a good one.
Speaker 4: That would be the one that I'd want to sit down and talk to and read him a little bit. I mean, a hell of a player, and I think if you factored everything off the field away, I think he would be easily in contention for Edge one. But he's not in contenent for Edge one for me as a result, just because of all the whispers and things going back to high school, as far as you know, him being a problem in the locker room, him being a problem off the field, distraction at times. So I'd want to sit down with James Pierce and get to know him a little bit.
Speaker 5: Could he be a guy in slides?
Speaker 9: Potentially?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, potentially, one hundred percent. I mean I think he's already slid That's what I'm saying, Like, he's got a situation. Film might not be a first round pick, but he may slip out of the first round. And yeah, I think in our mock last week we took him at nineteen. But I could certainly see him slipping out of the first round unless the team does meet with him and is like, you know what, we'll take a gamble on that will be okay with that and swings on it in the first round. That's certainly an interesting swing to take in the first round. But that would be one we would talk about on night one and be like, look, this has great upside, but it could also be a disaster.
Speaker 5: Is Mike Green this way?
Speaker 4: I don't think so. Not as bad as peers, not as bad as peers. And there are questions about Mike.
Speaker 11: Green Green Marshall by the way, Yeah, I think he did a good job to combine. Yeah, and like a lot of people got their questions answered there, and he had a great pro day yesterday.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And we talked to Mike Green and Mobile shows.
Speaker 5: It seemed awesome. I love the interview you guys had with him.
Speaker 6: Now, granted you can't you can't read a person on a ten minute interview.
Speaker 5: On the cap show, but I think that's all you need.
Speaker 4: And to be to be honest, you can't do it in a thirty twelve. You can't do it in a thirty visit, and you can't do it in a formal meeting either. You know, sometimes guys they put on a show and then they show up and they're a completely different person. I feel like it's happened here a couple of times, and so you would have to you would have to look at James Pierce, and you would have to look at James Pierce and do a lot of homework. But I will say this building arguably does more homework on guys than any than any team in the NFL. I have resources dedicated to figure out out these guys everything about them.
Speaker 7: Never send au the private investigator follow a player for a week.
Speaker 5: I've done that.
Speaker 7: Have they ever sent a private investigator to follow a player for.
Speaker 4: I'll say this there there were a lot of people in Left Texas right before does Bryant got Guy?
Speaker 5: I agree that Larry Wantsley's really good at his job. I did, I had. I had Trade Thomas followed for a week at Florida State. That's funny.
Speaker 11: The Justin Blackman stories I've heard those are pretty legendary and still good stuff.
Speaker 2: Good stuff always fun here in the backside of of really what this all happened?
Speaker 5: To spend millions of dollars in these players, as we'll get to know them a little bit, to find out where they're headed and what they're doing where they're going.
Speaker 8: Honestly, man, as long as you're not like Robin Banks and hitting people and you know, you know you got weaponry on you all the time, so you.
Speaker 5: Got to make sure that none of that's the case. Like you do a show with me and you'd always pull out weaponry on me. What are you talking about there?
Speaker 8: I am a civilian, sir, and I am a license Look, man, a long as you ain't look just a little bit of dee and never heard nobody, man. And honestly, it's it's it's like wide receivers are that like running backs?
Speaker 9: You know?
Speaker 8: These these guys are they you know linemen are the the humblers smarter? You know, we chill, we kicking it. Those guys could be dva sometimes.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 8: So if if the player matches up, and I would love to know, Brian, what's your good?
Speaker 5: Oh whing me into this because.
Speaker 8: You've done this before. I'm just Seville and I just I work on what he got. You have won a Super Bowl? What's the the ratio of good player versus headache?
Speaker 9: Do you guys?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know you'll you'll you'll you'll put up it a lot. Yeah yeah, you'll put up it a lot. You really will.
Speaker 7: I mean you you know, uh, I'll never forget real quick. Derek Alexander wide receiver, Michigan and he was this is w It's a ninety in the Drift ninety five draft. I want to say John Gruden was the receivers coach of the Packers, and the Scouts kept talking about Derek Alexander drinking problem, drinking problem, drinking problem, drinking problem, and they went around the room to the coaches, and they asked him to say, John, what.
Speaker 5: Player do you really like?
Speaker 7: He goes, I love that Derek Alexander kid. But every one of these guys.
Speaker 5: Says he has a drinking problem. He did that exact voice. Okay, just lick him because yeah, everyone of you he's getting it.
Speaker 7: Drinking problem. This is a damn good football but you know, and and went into it. So, yeah, you have your discussions about that about players and stuff like that. It's actually it's a pretty eye opening, uh to to to to go through and to hear about a player's background and then meet with the player and then kind of learn a little bit more about it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Model Pregame, l Come On Home and Luther Bird.
Speaker 4: The thing to think about quote unquote character concerns is I think there's a lot that falls under that umbrella. Yeah, I think, especially when we talk about it on the show. I mean, it could be something as far as it could be anything from legal, It could be anything from he doesn't apply a lot of effort on the field. You know, there's various things. For me personally, I would deal with a lot. There was only one guy I can think of last year that I would think, Yeah, I wouldn't draft him because of what I know off the field, and that was a h Leonard Floyd from or excuse me, Leonard Taylor from Floyd was a pretty good well Leonard Taylor. Leonard Taylor. Yeah, he ended up going on drafted. And so that was the only one last year that I had major concerns about. The only one I have major concerns about this year is James Spears. So other than that, like give me, give me the headache of the Jalen rights, where like apparently he doesn't apply himself in practice from last year.
Speaker 6: Give me that, I'll I'll figure that out.
Speaker 5: Now. Putting you on the spot, would you take James Pierce off your board?
Speaker 4: See, that's why I would want to talk based off of what I based off of what you know right now. I mean I have seven edges above him because of that issue. And it gets to a point where like, okay, if he's on the board, I'm going to take him here. Okay, more like somehow he slipped to say three No, no, no, it's more more so if he slipped, like.
Speaker 7: Question not what he's done, but is it is it really terminal? What your I mean what you know about this Uh? Is it the point where like we're like, if you have a second round grade on him and he's your stack like it player player forty three, is that is that a bad, bad risk?
Speaker 4: Yeah, if he's the best player on your board at forty four, I mean, he's a talent you would have to take. And I wouldn't argue in the room, but I'd be like, hey, I just want you to know that if you're expecting this guy to be here long term, you need to plan for the fact that he might not be.
Speaker 6: So you need to get an edge. You need to get an edge to back him up.
Speaker 9: That's that's what.
Speaker 7: So Okay, so when he when he all of a sudden, we're like and and Kyle goes, well, who's the best player on your board, It'll be it's Piers.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's Piers. It's Piers. So we'll know why then, right, Yes, Yeah.
Speaker 6: And I would say he's got me ques.
Speaker 4: I would say the question we had about Michael Parsons going into that draft class, Yeah, along those same lines, but I think a little bit more to a severe degree.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, Okay, yeah, here we go. Good to know.
Speaker 11: Yeah, all right, I'd let somebody else, Yeah, let somebody else be a hero.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's a lot of good edges.
Speaker 12: Good.
Speaker 5: I'd rather gamble so somewhere else.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And that's going to be the question for the Cowboys that pick number forty four or seventy six or whatever it ends up being good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, not at all all. Right.
Speaker 2: When we come back here on the Draft shows, time for some twitter on the twenty. You have some great questions from the fans out there about this NFL Draft.
Speaker 5: More of the Draft Show coming up right after this.
Speaker 13: Life is a workout, and Smoothie King is here to help you power through, whether you're maxing out overhead presses, pushing through chest flies, or being the hero your golden retriever needs to carry them over that scary bridge. Smoothie King has the fuel to help you go all out, build muscle and boost your recovery with forty five grams of protein, zero grams of added sugar, and delicious customizable ingredients and the Gladiator Smoothie available in chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla only at Smoothie Kit.
Speaker 14: All Right, Drew Pearson, former Dallas Cowboy and now Pro Football Hall of Famer, Here if you're struggling with your vision and tired of those contacts and glasses. Don't throw ahell Mary go where I went. Laser Care Eye Center, the official LASAC partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Drew, thank you so much for trusting us with your vision correction procedure.
Speaker 8: At Laser Care I Center, we offer six different vision correction procedures to help patients see check.
Speaker 14: Them out at dfwis dot com. Tell them Drew sent you.
Speaker 9: Hoo hoo.
Speaker 3: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 5: And they snapped the presh guy who looks right, it's not there. He escaped slapt He'll look full a first style. Just like football.
Speaker 3: When it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 10: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 3: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 5: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 3: Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 15: Cowboys fans when it comes to navigating the ever changing world of tax. Your business needs a partner it can trust to tackle even your biggest tax challenges. Ryan is the largest firm in the world dedicated exclusively to business talks. Our team of tax professionals has local expertise in all areas of tax and can help you uncover savings opportunities you didn't know you had. Learn more about how Ryan can improve your overall corporate tax performance by visiting Ryan dot com. Ryan, the official tax partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Is the Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Show.
Speaker 2: Back here on the Draft Show, presented by Miller Lite, Brian Bradus is holding up a magazine there, sir, how.
Speaker 7: About that's spent part of my life doing this saday time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the Cowboys Star magazine Draft Guy twenty twenty five edition.
Speaker 5: How do we get one of these? So still starting in April, so.
Speaker 2: We got about a week it'll be available on Dallascowboys dot Com Slash Star Magazine. There you go, so you will be able to get it from that point forward. It'll be up on the website very soon, like next couple days. You'll be able to pre order your copy. There are five hundred and fourteen players ranked in there, and we have over one hundred draft bios with pros, cons, little background info, comps in there as well. Had a lot of fun writing this. Tommy Yarish put a feature story on every position. He also has a story on former lone star high school product and Boise State star Ashtrin Genty. Lots going on with the Draft Show and the Draft Guide as well, even our names in here.
Speaker 9: So you're saying, I just can't walk out of the door, it is right now, I gotta.
Speaker 5: I'll give you one.
Speaker 7: My man, Talik Williams is compared to Mozzie Smith. What the hell is?
Speaker 5: What it is? What are we doing here?
Speaker 9: I ain't taking his home.
Speaker 5: No, I blame Todd that article.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's all.
Speaker 5: That's all. Somebody that knows something.
Speaker 9: Well, you can't tim me on the phone.
Speaker 2: All right time for Chris Bean was in here handing me these reads. I'm gonna go and read this out here. Step into the spring with fresh styles and Cowboys pride, score, swimwear, lightweight te's hats and more at Approach Shop near you, or shop online at Shop dot Dallas Cowboys dot com. A fanatics experience. Now that that's out of the way, it's time for.
Speaker 5: Some Twitter on the Twitter.
Speaker 8: Twitter on the twenty cour No, no, but you're on the show.
Speaker 9: I was looking at Chat. I was looking at it.
Speaker 8: I was looking at Chat watch up and you know, we was talking about the off the field stuff. What are we going to do about Lacey A movie.
Speaker 7: I talked to my gang of seven guys that nobody's got him on their board.
Speaker 4: He's going to be It sounds like he's going to be in a tough situation.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't know. I don't let the legal process play out.
Speaker 11: But they're such a shame because he I mean, he could have been right in line with the next LSU stud receivers.
Speaker 5: He really could.
Speaker 7: But the gang of seven guys all said that nobody's got him on their board.
Speaker 4: Basically, for those that don't know, he was involved in a situation, uh right after the season ended. He was speeding on a two lane road, was trying to pass a car or like around on the left side. There was a car coming head on. He swerved the car that was coming head on. It hit the guy that was behind him and killed the guy behind him, And so and then Kyraen Lacey left the scene, so he was arrested a few weeks later. Actually, it took him a couple of weeks to identify and then find Kyraen Lacey. But yeah, he's he's in a heap of trouble.
Speaker 9: Slow it down, my boy, slow it down with y'all get this money man.
Speaker 7: This see if this word can get to Athens because they seem to run a Nascar.
Speaker 5: Yeah, those streets are not safe at the moment.
Speaker 8: My bad go ahead. Just had to ye, mem ten and Chat asked about the appreciate.
Speaker 5: You, thanking man, appreciate you all right.
Speaker 2: This one is, of course, surrounding the recent news after our last show on Tuesday that Cooper Rush is no longer the quarterback backup quarterback.
Speaker 5: Here in Dallas.
Speaker 2: Joe wants to know what's the earliest you would take a quarterback in this draft class?
Speaker 5: How early would you be willing to do so?
Speaker 6: To back up that pren can I throw a cave out before we start talking?
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's say you acquire another third pick, a third round pick.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, watching watch about to do here? Go ahead, please, I.
Speaker 4: Just wanted to throw that caveato. I just want to see you acquire another third. You acquired another third. I'm phony, so I'm taking that third, and I'm drafting. Somebody's gonna help.
Speaker 5: Me right now.
Speaker 9: It's tough.
Speaker 8: I respect that Will Howard can play. Will Howard can play. Yeah, Man, Sometimes in the magazine, I ain't reading this because y'all just said, man, look sometimes sometimes sometimes when you watch them quarterbacks in passing, just in the regular season, you kind of put him in an archetype a little bit, right, Oh, Will how was gonna be one of them cast that just throw, you know, Joe keep it on the data die. But man, I started watching it and I watched playoffs Oregon twice, Michigan, right, yeah, Oh my goodness, Oh he can. I watched five six games, all right, all right, because he was better than that fought and I'm like, man, he's not just checking down like he's pushing the ball down the field. And this is after me watching Ward and Sanders and Milrow. I'm like, y'all got the easy little offense going on over here. Will Howard doing stuff down the field a little bit. Now, he doesn't have the arm that Ward has, But I'm just watching him and he's dealing it out and he's making his reason. He's showing toughness and I didn't know he was two thirty for real. He's running people over with you know what I'm saying with his designed runs, and I'm like, damn, Will Howard, you get down better than I thought it was. And me and Brian had this conversation. I know it sounds a little weird to say, well, would you take him in the first round? I like Will Howard more than I like bow Knicks Last year JJ McCarthy last year, I like Howard's film more than them, and those guys ended up being first round guys in a much better draft. So in this worst draft, and look, the league don't have to listen to me. I'm just a dude with a camera, microphone. I don't even work here. I'm looking at this guy I wouldn't do in the first round. But if he's better than bow Knicks, why the hell not? I like this kid. This kid got some good ass film. Like I said, he got some good film, and he's done it first the best competition in the world. To be fair with him, boy, he got a bunch of wire receivers on a bunch offensive linemen and all running backs that made real health. Right, But how I see that is when he gets to the league, get him some damn running backs, wire receivers, an offensive line, and see if you can remake that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if only it were that easy, right? How much? How much was he helped by Chip Kelly coordinator?
Speaker 11: How much was he helped by arguably the best receiver in college football? And Jeremiah Smith another first round pick in Igbuca. Two running backs they're gonna go on Day one and two. There was a lot of talent war around Will Howard, so.
Speaker 5: He didn't f it up.
Speaker 11: Well, I mean there were times to Michigan's the only time he fed it up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I mean the Michigan game is rough. He threw it. He had a pick in his own.
Speaker 9: That's a rivalry game. They don't count any time.
Speaker 5: Right, but he.
Speaker 7: Had a tremendous But I want to play the Philadelphia Eagles, so it definitely.
Speaker 8: I was just gonna say that, do what the Eagles doing with Hurts, make it relatively simple, get all the help in the world you can get, and it's gonna take a hell of a GM to do.
Speaker 5: So what round would you take? Well, Howard.
Speaker 9: Then I got him in the thing, but quarterback tex second.
Speaker 5: Second and hey, I can see that.
Speaker 8: But he better than bone Nicks and me, so take him, take him at third. I was wrong on Bo, Nicks went great, You went wrong. Shan Sean Payne's fantastic.
Speaker 11: Bonnicks fan is now Nick and I were riding the Bnicks hate train.
Speaker 5: I was sorry, Bo, that seemed like a sweetheart might have been driving the train.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 4: Hey, look I and I gave Bonicks credit on like the second show of the of the season. The show was like, look, he proved me wrong. You know what's funny about Will Howard. When I was watching this film, you talked about the design runs, you talked about kind of getting out of the pocket a little bit. He reminds me of what Dak was when he was coming on a Missippi Stid. It's very similar. You look at the size at two thirty five. He's a little bit taller than Dak is, obviously, but he could push the ball downfield. He can get out and run, especially if you look back at his Kansas State tape. They did a lot more with him on design runs.
Speaker 5: He ran a lot of k State.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and they had they had a couple of speed weapons to his to his usage as well. That was really able to help that backfield. There were times in Kansas State where like his decisive dislicked a little bit. But I think that chip Kell system and learning under Tip Kelly really benefited him last year.
Speaker 5: You're all got out a lot faster.
Speaker 4: You're gonna see that translates to the NFL for sure. Did you like him more than Kyle McCord.
Speaker 9: I haven't watched him.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Me and Brian wading all the way to the last minute to watch all those guys this week. So our first four guys was Ward, Sanders, Milroe, and Howard, and man, I was just man it shout out the beam in them.
Speaker 5: He's got Will Howard Kansas State film up currently.
Speaker 8: But we haven't gotten there. So by the end of the week. You're gonna ask me Monday. But I was just blown away because I wasn't ready to be a Will Howard fan. I was ready to just on Will Howard.
Speaker 9: Boy.
Speaker 8: He's a dude, and I would consider him if the you know, if the you know situation.
Speaker 7: When you said the extra third round pick, you know, I mean that makes a lot of sense to this guy.
Speaker 5: If you if you.
Speaker 7: Really want to get a legitimate backup guy, now you lose the fifth year option on him, right you know, you got him for four years, but it kind of coincides with what your quarterback is doing right now, you know, and you can kind of keep that in place, and if Will Howard all sudden turns into something after four years, you could go ahead and sign him, you know, knowing that maybe you're gonna do something with your guy. I agree with the ash I I I went into thinking that Will Howard. I was thinking Will Howard Kansas State, kind of a Blacksmith quarterback, just kind of good work ethic, nothing really spectacular. You watch this, you watch the Michigan game was and by the way, there's two there's two guys that I've seen so far, Milroe and Will Howard that had trouble with Michigan. That's a pro defensive coordinator.
Speaker 5: There at Mirandalee Wink Martindale.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you go back and watch Milroe play against Michigan in that in that Bowl game, Wink Martindale did some things to him. And then and then you look at Will Howard, you know, did some things to him. So you know, but I I was expecting kind of. But you watch all the playoff games, you watch some of the early season stuff with Will Howard, man was dealing. I mean he he Yeah, He's got great weapons, the receivers, the running game, the line and all that. Man, you gotta go out there, take the snap and deliver and execute. Guy does a great job of executing. So a third round pick, I wouldn't be surprised to some of these other quarterbacks, him, Jackson Dart, those guys probably go to a lot higher than what we what we thought initially.
Speaker 11: I wouldn't go QB till fifth round. Personally, the Cowboys need to be getting starters here on days one and two. And to me, you just your quarterback.
Speaker 5: Is he is what he is, He's here. Now you've got your guy.
Speaker 11: So if they fall in love with one of these guys, let's say, hey, I do love Will Howard.
Speaker 5: I love a Comic Cord.
Speaker 11: I'm glad you brought up Comic Cord because that's the guy for me that I loved what he did battling adversity. He was the scapegoat at Ohio State. We couldn't beat Michigan, and it was your fault. Well, they still couldn't beat Michigan this year. And what did he do? He went to Syracuse, won nine games, helped that program really turn themselves around.
Speaker 2: I have one of the greatest statistical seasons in college football history, and.
Speaker 11: That dude can make every throw and he's got some touch, I like the deep ball accuracy, maybe the arm. I mean, nobody's got a stronger arm than Jalen Milrow. Like Milroe could be the most boomer Bus quarterback in this draft.
Speaker 7: Watching watch him against Georgia and then watch him against Michigan and the first half specifically against Georgia was absolutely dominant.
Speaker 11: I mean he's got like Malachi Starts, oh yes, and what he can do in the running game, like that's going to translate. You could use him specially in certain packages, but as a thrower if he could figure out how to get his accuracy improved, much like we saw Josh Allen do look out like Jalen Milroe's got m VP like talent.
Speaker 5: Jalen Milroe isn't throwing to cattle ranchers, No, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So, I mean that's he is throwing to what seventeen year old Ryan Williams.
Speaker 5: He is.
Speaker 6: Other than Ryan Williams. They kind of got some cattle ranchers ever seen.
Speaker 5: But I like McCord. I mean mcort is definitely wanted to take the third.
Speaker 6: McCord yes for me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I got McCord in the third. So where would you take him, Zach? I mean, where would you take him for the Cowboys?
Speaker 11: Well, I'm not taking a guy for the fifth, so he's probably not gonna be in play for the Cowboy.
Speaker 5: I'm looking at Quinnario.
Speaker 11: I'm looking at queer viewers a round five for the Cowboys, the fifth Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I do. I'm not high on Quinn to some other.
Speaker 2: Same kind of thing though, if you're going to spend one of your first three round picks, if you're trying to get a bona fide backup, like Brian was talking about, you're going to have to do so earlier than the fifth round. If you're getting a guy that's going to, no doubt be your backup, be your QB two, you're going to have to do it in the first, second, third round, maybe the fourth round.
Speaker 5: But you got to get back up there in order to do it.
Speaker 7: Well, they showed you they're willing to go picking up or to give at a quarter get.
Speaker 2: A backup, so you can maybe package some of those picks, get back up, get a third, or get a fourth. If you're able to do that, I'm in on taking a quarterback in those picks.
Speaker 5: But if you're not going to do that, I'm with Zach. I'm going fifth starters up front.
Speaker 4: But the thing I want to first propose if I could watch, please, Zach, you have brought it up as like, hey, in the first two days, I want to get starters.
Speaker 6: You guys that can start. Sure, you have a quarterback that has missed a significant amount of time as you're doing four or five seasons.
Speaker 4: I mean, if you're in a situation where this team is ten and three, right and Dak goes down with a season ending injury, you need to have anybody you have a fifth round rookie, you're going to be You're gonna be.
Speaker 11: Up a pool shory that twenty first pick. Yeah, you would be, or you could be three and five. Dak goes down and then you've got a quarterback that overperforms, and now you're sitting where I'd love to be getting an Abdul Carter. But now we're talking about the options at twelve, right, I'd rather just go ahead and be in full tank mode and I'm talking about the arch mannings or who are the best quarterbacks on the board than what we're doing here arguing about Will Howard and the third. Personally, I'd rather just stink. If I'm gonna stink, I'd rather just stink.
Speaker 4: So you're trying to hold out for one year, Yeah, and hope that Dak can get seventeen ycause.
Speaker 11: The likelihood of one of these and look, hey, Dak's proven it's possible, it's possible. But the likelihood of these rookie quarterbacks sliding in there and you're feeling good about a ten and three team, I mean, it could end up being deer in the headlights.
Speaker 5: This thing doesn't go well anyway.
Speaker 11: So hey, they've done more homework on these quarterbacks and no kind of the makeup of them. And look, assessing these guys is very very hard. Specifically in that position. They'd know if they have a guy like that with Dak. But then again, i mean, how many other quarterbacks were talked about prior to Dak in that and it kind of worked out fell into your lap. Yeah, maybe that happens, but I'm not really looking to attack that until day three. Personally, I don't think this team's giving them the luxury to be able to do that any earlier.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Kind of along the same lines, but in a completely different position group.
Speaker 5: Matthew wants to ask.
Speaker 2: At pick seventy six, Let's say you addressed wide receiver in round one and defensive line in round two, what is the next position of need that you have to fill in that third round pick. If you don't get another pick to try and help you on day two, all it once ready?
Speaker 6: Corner?
Speaker 8: Yeah, Like that's the problem. Like you would love to have corner. You would love to have a one take in there. You would like to think about Guardess, you just got too many holes, which is why quarterback really won't work out for you. Like, you just got so many needs and you don't have the premium picks to fully address that. And that's why we were hoping free agency. Let's get a little busy with free agency because we ain't got the picks to fill all this up. I think they're going to walk into the draft and try to fill all this up with those with those picks and it's not gonna work out.
Speaker 5: Where would you go? Who'd you pick a question? Yeah, the corner would be. But who did you pick in the first who.
Speaker 2: Did the wide receiver and defensive line and guy running back? Yeah, so running back would be one.
Speaker 7: To this point, all we've done is talk about how much better we're going to run the ball. I don't know if you've necessarily other than hiring coaches have kind of gone done, gone that way. So to me, yeah, I have I have a stack of running backs in the third round that i'd absolutely love. I have some guys in the fifth round i'd absolutely love.
Speaker 8: To take care he you love your fourth fifth round guys.
Speaker 7: I don't think it's a bad list. I think from top to bottom it's a it's a damn good group. But I've got some guys in the third round that are like, just keep handing them the ball and you're gonna have some success. If you pair one of these guys with say Williams, you know, is his ability to catch and block, you can do all right? I would address it cornerback or running back in the third round for me, Yeah.
Speaker 5: Neither one of those. You'll you'll get a guy whoever's higher on your board.
Speaker 7: I might even get my nickel there. I might even get my my nickel corn Parish.
Speaker 11: That would be a good one, Zach, you have any preference, yeah, corner and running back I think would definitely be the route that you need to go in that scenario, I would go running back.
Speaker 5: I don't want to leave day three without a runner personally.
Speaker 2: Okay, Brandon wants to know if you're looking to trade back in the first round. What's the furthest you're willing to trade back? How far are you willing to pull the parachute and get out if you are going to trade back and pick up some selections.
Speaker 9: I hate trade bad question. That's how the brand. I hate you. Of course we want more picks.
Speaker 8: Of course we would love to have far we go all the way back to get a two and of three, of course we would, man, But sure, Brandon, I would go all the way back to thirty two and get two seconds in the third if if they'll let me.
Speaker 9: But mostly it.
Speaker 8: Depends on who's on the board right So I'm not moving on from McMillan, Jay, Tanko and Ted shouldn't be there neither. But like if it's like Jala Walk on the board, Mikeel on the board. It's all Mike Green on the boat. I like Mike Green one of the corners up there. Sure if the player, if your best player on the board is close to your twenty fifth player, I'll go to twenty five. If he's close to your thy second player, I'll go back to thirty two. Just give me all the picks and I'll just go crazy on day on day two and we'll just run like that.
Speaker 5: Jeff and I yesterday Kavanaugh.
Speaker 7: I went all the way back to green Bay at twenty three is how far we went. And we traded twice, Jeff. You know, Jeff loves to trade, so we traded twice. We went, well, they'll give you some offers Seattle eighteen and then green Bay at twenty three.
Speaker 5: Just kept moving back.
Speaker 11: So I don't think, yeah, I mean twenty five with Houston. Yeah, maybe that's kind of a range. Like I'd like to stay in the top twenty five if I could, But I get it really just depends on like how is the draft falling, So it might have to be in the minute, like what are the players still there? But if I go to twenty five, I still end up with a d tackle that I like maybe, or a corner that you like that you got some risk on, like ooh and one of these guys slide to me, Yeah, that might be fun.
Speaker 8: Something I want people to think about is what are these teams trading up for?
Speaker 11: That's what I don't think you're gonna have a ton of options to try.
Speaker 5: That's what I always say.
Speaker 7: I always say, listen, it's easy to drop out of there. Yeah, and if you want to just get screwed on your on your compensation, sure bail on out of there and you could be happy that.
Speaker 5: Well I didn't.
Speaker 7: I should have got a three and only I got I mean I should have got two and only got a three because I bailed eighteen spots.
Speaker 5: Think about that, What are they paying for?
Speaker 7: Ye If you're if you're, if you're, if you're one of those guys and gals that wants to just trade to trade, fine, somebody will do it.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Oh by the way, hey, if you want to drop ten spots, we'll give you a five.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, wa fourth back. Let's go let me ask you a question here real quick. We got the twelfth pick for the Dallas cowboys. When do you feel it? What pick? Do you feel you're gonna lose your last first round guy on your board? Probably maybe fifteen? Yeah, right around there.
Speaker 7: Okay, So if we're going to bail on out of there, we're not going to pick a first round guy on our board.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're gonna pick a you're going and that's fine.
Speaker 7: If you if you if you're in love with your second round guys, you know, if you if you're if you're totally okay with that.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 7: The whole idea is to try and kind of take the best players. This is the goes along. So if you've got fifteen guys on your board, you kind of want to try and pick.
Speaker 5: In that group if you can.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And some of the guys, if you guys are telling me that by the time I get to Seattle at eighteen, that on my board's wiped out.
Speaker 8: Honestly, Brian, in real life, that may be like twelve or thirteen for you, because some of our first round guys are hurt.
Speaker 5: Guys, character guys exactly.
Speaker 8: So we may only have thirteen true first round guys.
Speaker 5: In revealed those kind of guys. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Sure, So if we're looking at eighteen, just based off of ar Mock the other day, the Cowboys would have had Booker there, James Pierce, Luthor Burden, Jackson Dart, Will Campbell, Derek Harmon.
Speaker 5: But if you go back to twenty next, yeared me the hell off of Pierce for sure.
Speaker 8: Piers, Yeah, oh, what's up about when you talk about I shouldn't asked about when you talk about boy?
Speaker 2: And going back to twenty five, that list gets a little bit smaller. It's guys like Golden and Revel and Malachi Starks as a roku from Boston College, Lamar Stewart still have some names. Yeah, but their early second round.
Speaker 8: Name they are just like the dudes that are going to go thirty two and maybe forty or something.
Speaker 7: We Zach Raby plus did are asked to try and come up with fifteen names in the first round.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and we want to go away from.
Speaker 2: That, sure, Okay, Yeah, Dallas Day is coming up in a couple of a couple of days. And I know, Nick, you've been all over the Dallas Day list. Who are some of the guys that are most likely to get drafted? This comes from Kevin.
Speaker 4: Okay, forty fifty, so I'm sorry, I'm counting nineteen guys that I have draftable grades on nice that are eligible for Dallas Day.
Speaker 6: I'll run through them really quick. Day one.
Speaker 4: These are just guys that are eligible, Like Shador Sanders is eligible, He's not coming here. Shador Sanders, Ashton Jenz Ashton Gentz will be here, Quinn Yours will be here, Ollie Gordon the second from Oklahoma State will be here, Damian Martinez from Miami will be here. Elijah Royo, Cameron Williams, Caleb Rodgers from Texas Tech from our turner. Day three guys Jake Major's out of Texas, Jabar Mohammed out of Oregon, Billy Bowman junior out of Oklahoma, Chase Lunt out of Connecticut, jack Quayna Jackson out of Arkansas, Theo Weese out of Missouri, Jalen Kimber out of Penn State, r J. Mickens out of Clemson, Craig Woodson out of California who will be here, and Seth Hennigan out of Memphis.
Speaker 6: And then there's a.
Speaker 4: Handful of other undrafted guys that I think are fun personally, but uh, those are those are the draftable guys that are eligible.
Speaker 5: Great right there.
Speaker 8: Huh uh Lunt from from a Yukon. I love, I love Chase left from the right tackle ste I think that was that was who you see. Look, this is the problem. Terry Steele played at Texas Tech. When he threw the ball fifty times, you wouldn't assume that they would get a run blocker out of their scheme. Yeah, but Chase Lunt, they run the ball over there, and they run outside a penn and pull over there. He does it well and he tries to finish people.
Speaker 6: Arlington Martin Grad.
Speaker 11: So there's a couple of quarterbacks though, set Hennigan, youewers, those might be options.
Speaker 7: For you guys. You didn't put Memphis quarterback seth hundred Memphis.
Speaker 9: I'm okay, I'm gonna stop at two hundred players.
Speaker 5: Leave it that. Don't hate on Seth Hennigan to get after.
Speaker 9: Jeff. I don't hand on Chase Chase.
Speaker 5: I don't know, leap in disrespectful.
Speaker 9: It's I know, it is terrible.
Speaker 5: His dad's a legend in the area. By the way, Dave Hennigan.
Speaker 2: It's what do you do? He was a head coach and a state champion at Dent't Ryan High.
Speaker 5: School. Some of your favorite draft prospects went to.
Speaker 9: Him chus out of Johnny from topics.
Speaker 5: You're the worst, all right.
Speaker 2: When we come back, I want to look ahead at some of these other prospects that we could be uh taking a look at from Dallas day and kind of outline that list as well. Plus, Uh, I've got some guys that I want to talk about. Film on, some guys that we haven't mentioned on this show before.
Speaker 5: Little tell me more right after this.
Speaker 12: I'm Darren Woodson, former Dallas Cowboy player and Super Bowl champion. When I played in the NFL at a high level, I relied on my vision to see the field. As I started getting older, I noticed my vision wasn't as good and I was getting frustrated from wearing my glasses all day. I went to Laser Care Eye Center and doctor G talked about all the options. Thanks to technology and leadser Care Eye Center, I can see near far in between.
Speaker 5: Don't fumble your vision any longer.
Speaker 12: Visit them at dfwis dot com and tell them Darren Center they got me back on my game.
Speaker 16: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends.
Speaker 5: You want to stay at the.
Speaker 16: Team Hotel, attend the best tail game party in Texas, tour the Star and talk ex'es and o's with me Everson Walls. With Star Sports Tools, you can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package Today.
Speaker 13: Life is a workout, and Smoothie King is here to help you power through.
Speaker 5: Whether you're maxing out.
Speaker 13: Overhead presses, push them through chess flies, or being the hero your golden retriever needs to carry them over that scary bridge. Smoothie King has the fuel to help you go all out, build muscle and boost your recovery with forty five grams of protein, zero grams of addage sugar and delicious customizable ingredients and the Gladiator Smoothie available in chocolate, strawberry and vanilla only at Smoothie Kip.
Speaker 10: How about them Cowboys or how about them Tyson Cowboys Nuggets. As we cheer for the stars on the field, we love that we've also got some stars on our plate thanks to Tyson Brands star shaped Cowboys Nuggets that along with all our other favorite Tyson Foods products. Sure make game day special. Score some delicious Tyson Cowboys nuggets and become a game day star just like our Cowboys as you enjoy your stars on and.
Speaker 5: Off the plate.
Speaker 10: Remember, tailgates and game Day have always been Tyson.
Speaker 2: Is The Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Show, Cowboys Nation Dallas Cowboys United, presented by Globe Life is now exclusively in the Dallas Cowboys App. Join the Official Fan Club today to receive access to all new Cowboys drops, feature team news and pre sale access. Also fan and kid of the Game. Download the app now to join with Brian broad As Sach World Check, Vach Lombardi, Nick Harris, Chris Beam in the back of Kyle Yeomans wrapping up the Draft Show with a little tell me More. I want to know a little bit more about some players we haven't mentioned much here on the Draft Show, one of which Jabbar Mohammed Corner from Oregon.
Speaker 5: Of course, we've.
Speaker 2: Heard a lot of the assistant coaches making the trip out there to Oregon. Could Muhammad be a later draft pick that we could maybe see wearing a star on the side of his helm?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Jabbar Mohammad de Soto Grad. We're gonna be talking about his brother here in a couple of years, Malik Muhammad out of Texas. He's also got a ton of family members in the NFL. That family is kind of the first family of football in South Dallas. If you are a football fan in Dallas, you know about the Mohammad family. But Jabar Mohammad is the next one up. He's probably the smallest of the crew the Mohamed family, but has a wealth of experience. You go back to Washington where he made college Football Playoff National championship a year ago. Was a star corner on that team. Then when that coaching staff got blown up for when Kaitlyn to Bor left for Alabama, he left for Oregon and went to the other side of the of the rivalry and played well for the Ducks last year.
Speaker 5: The thing for me with Jabbar start off at Oklahoma State.
Speaker 4: He started off at and a lot of Mohammeds have started at Oklahoma State and end up finishing somewhere else. I wonder when they're gonna learn. I think I think with with Jabbar, though great hands and I love his hand fighting, I do I think there's a lot you're gonna have to work on with his footwork and the explosion. The testing did not come back great from the combine. I mean, you're looking at a guy who you would probably have to play in the slot with a vertical of twenty nine and a half and didn't do broad didn't do forty. I mean, so he's I think he's trying to hide some of that athleticism that he lacks for the next level. This is gonna be a guy that I think on day three we're gonna talk about maybe in the sixth or seventh round. And look, he's a great player, great hands. Like I said, if if if we're talking short route concepts, I think this guy be really good playing in like a zone type scheme. But if you're asking this guy to carry a guy on the outside stride for stride down the field and you know, potentially have to work with a guy that hasn't developed a route tree, I think you're asking him to do it maybe a little bit too much, But I think this is a guy that for another team would be a draftable player. For this team, this isn't the type of corner that they like.
Speaker 11: He's gonna be too small, and I think I have a problem. I like these small corners. I knew he had a game winning pass breakup against Ohio State. It ended up getting overturned because they had an illegal the too many people. But this dude I love, and he's a friend of our show. We actually had him on a couple of weeks ago. High Character Dude, High Football IQ. He is giving up a lot on the outside, but he's competitive as all hell, and there are times you're gonna see him get a little bit body better. Route runners are gonna beat him down the field, but when he can get a jam, play physical. He plays bigger than what his size indicates. And I do like him kicking inside, playing nickel corner. I think the footwork would be better off inside in tight areas because I think he's quick. But to me, the pass breakups like his ability to get his hands in there between the receiver.
Speaker 5: And the football swipes.
Speaker 11: Dude had twelve pass breakups last year. Forty career pass breakups played against really good competition. You watched him at Washington against Xavier Worthy. Now that's a good matchup for him because against smaller receivers, we got this roll in right now, he really took Exavier Worthy out of that game at some points. And he's a guy that welcomes going up against the best receivers on the team. Him against Jeremiah Smith was really fun tape. Jabar Mohammed's guy would bet on on day three. I know he's not gonna be the measurable guy, not at all, but the heart and I love the makeup ability with what he plays with the physicality, just a pest man. He's got a little bit of that dog in him, and you need that in a corner.
Speaker 8: Maybe a little safety, you know, maybe, yeah, tackler, I could see that he you know rees well, you know, I think personally, you know, you wouldn't like him versus big, tall characters all the time, right, but watching them versus Boise, like they noticed that, right, So they put all these characters over there on him, and he's just fighting with these guys, just batting the passes, crosses over the middle of the field.
Speaker 9: Good lucky you slants, good luxy.
Speaker 11: He's he'll lose come back and he's like, all right, you got me once, I'm gonna get you this time.
Speaker 8: But that five jump out the film, don't it. Yeah, that's that's on him, man, good lady.
Speaker 7: The only thing I have to say, I think everybody's got him right. I think you need to see his eyes around quicker. I think there's some problems with the ball goes and he gets a little bit you know where he gets in trouble that way of not getting his eyes around fast enough.
Speaker 5: But he's super competitive. I love that about the kid. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think overall, when you look at his pedigree, in the way that he started his career the way that he ended it, it's always kind of been in that same mentality moving forward. Now, I want to talk about linebacker here, Chamar James out of Florida.
Speaker 5: What did you see from him? Moving? Uh, staying on the defensive side of the ball. But what did you see from James?
Speaker 11: I think this is a guy that's a good athlete, is not a good football player. Okay, personally, he just doesn't I don't see the instinct. There's no instincts at all, Like I sense hesitancy when you watch him play. He's athletic, he moves well, unblocked, blitzes. He he doesn't never finish, but he does a really good job of forcing the quarterback out of the pocket, but he doesn't finish. Uh, he's he's a little stiff in his lateral agility kind of hops around a bit for me. Reminds me, and he reminds me of a little Jalen Smith, so like he's a little late to the party.
Speaker 7: He's a straight line player and he I think he needs to be a will You got to keep him free and just let him run because the instincts he really doesn't. I mean there are plays where he clearly loses the ball. Yeah, I mean it just like he's his head is you know, he just doesn't know where it's coming from. So I just I think i'd have a hard time with him.
Speaker 8: Was he ever a safety. But you know they'll, they'll he's six sometimes, yeah, got him do that kind of stuff. But I don't think he's great at it at all.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I just man, like I said, the instincts just bothered me. And this is how straight line he is. And when he even when he rushed, you could see how hard it was for him to turn when a quarterback was able to move, you know, moving out of the out of the pocket on him, and he was having to to kind of make that happen he's.
Speaker 5: Just such a big time recruit.
Speaker 11: Like Niki, your probably a five star recruit coming out of the state of Alabama, which the number three prospect in the state, and he just they missed on it for whatever reason.
Speaker 5: It's just and he picked Florida Overbama. It just didn't work out respecfully.
Speaker 6: It was not a five so we didn't miss on that game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you talked about the safety profile that I do remember that being a discussion during his recruitment. It's like, Okay, this is going to be kind of the modern off ball linebacker that you can see playing the second level with the next level, whereas, like you know, maybe ten years ago, this guy's maybe further back. But this is a guy that the Cowboys had a formal meeting with at the combine, and you would understand why, you know, if you're looking for depth at the linebacker position, this is a guy who played in all four phases of special teams at Florida. He did as late as as late as a senior year. So maybe that's the type of guy you're looking for in a Day three pick like this. But I'm with what everybody said here at the table.
Speaker 2: Well, in a lot of times when you have a formal at the combine, sometimes you want to put a guy like that on the whiteboard. See what he knows from an instinct standpoint, from a scheme standpoint, what actually football IQ is there? Because, like you said, the athleticism jumps off and he's got all sorts of athletic ability. But when you want to try and kind of pigeonhole where he's going to be from a football IQ standpoint, that's where you could really get hurt.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 2: Caandre Lambert Smith from Auburn, the wide receiver, tall prospect out of out of Auburn that spent some time at Penn State previously.
Speaker 5: Anybody Havekeandre Lambert Smith.
Speaker 8: Physical jump ball slant guy. Yeah, tackle me if you can. Yeah, you know what I'm saying, Like he's that kind of guy. You know, I wouldn't call him like a route run or nothing like that. But he gets down, he gets downfield, a little step boom, he gets down.
Speaker 11: He's not going to leave you a like super elusive in the open field. You know what he's doing. He's catching, he's getting up field. But you're right, and he's got some home run hitting speed with his game. I mean at six one, I thought he was bigger. Like we saw him in person of the Shrine Bowl.
Speaker 5: He looks big. He stood out to us like, man, this dude is big.
Speaker 11: He at Penn State, he was pretty darn good before transferring to Auburn. We talked about it off the ear of the Black Lines there with Cam Chancellor.
Speaker 5: I do like the play. I thought the film was pretty don impressive.
Speaker 7: Yes, seventy four percent of his receptions resulting in a first down yep for Auburn. And its funny because I was looking at Pro Football Focus after watching the tape. Five hundred and fifteen of his five hundred and thirty one snaps were taken on the right side of the offense, so he was primarily just a as we see a right right side player.
Speaker 5: I loved him running slants. By the way, I mean they threw the ball.
Speaker 7: I mean, the Auburn's quarterbacks are just awful and he They're throwing the ball all over the place.
Speaker 5: But this guy, I mean, you see some of the four to three seven, he does.
Speaker 7: Have some of that that that that speed, and he's not afraid to extend for the ball.
Speaker 5: And I like how he acceparates.
Speaker 7: He catches share of balls in traffic, and I think he plays with a lot of courage because there's no time where the ball is gonna end up for him.
Speaker 5: So you always wonder.
Speaker 7: Why kid, you know, leaves Penn stay to go to Auburn and play in such a terrible situation at quarterback.
Speaker 5: But this kid went through it.
Speaker 2: Good catch radius, high point, ability to track the ball. I mean, he's got all of those different elements to it. You talked about the multiple eighty yard receptions in a season. He's got a home run.
Speaker 5: Ability to him.
Speaker 2: Played his best football down the stretch in twenty twenty four too. You look at the games against AMM, Texas A and M. He had one hundred yard performs the game before that, he had one hundred against ULM, and then he had one hundred against Alabama in the game in the Iron Bowl in Tuscaloosa. So lots of good positive things there.
Speaker 5: I thought. Is his build, like you said, he's tall and lanky.
Speaker 2: He's got some tone there, but he's a little slim on the outside. That's okay, that's fine. You can kind of refine his route running Like you said, it wasn't a perfect route running, kind of rounded his breaks at times. You can maybe refine the footwork there. I think he's a good football player and somebody that on day three you would really take a chance on, and maybe a guy you can work into a rotation starting as a rookie as well. I mean he was all big ten with Penn State, turns around and gets all SEC with Auburn and in an offense, like Brian said, with not good quarterback play.
Speaker 5: Andre Lambert. Smith's kind of a diamond in the rough for this this draft.
Speaker 2: Not going to be a guy that'll be a Day one, day two guy, But on day three we're going to hear his name called and say that's a good pick for whatever team selects him.
Speaker 4: Mentioned you mentioned Brian that first downstat. Yeah, if you have it in front of you, what was it again, it's fine.
Speaker 5: Seventy four percent of his receptions resulted in a first down.
Speaker 4: You said that, Kyle, you mentioned him being a home run hitter. This is a guy who does specialize with the downfield routes. Yeah, these short route concepts. You go back and watching the film, Corners are jamming him and getting him out of there, and he has tells too. Whenever he's running, these curls are running, you know, inside the sticks. So this would be a guy that you would have to trust with your quarterback to be able to find some home run ability. But I think he's going to find a fun spot in the league, and if he's in the right spot, he can be a dynamic claimate maker.
Speaker 2: And We're going to try and do some more of these tell me mores as we get closer thirty days out from the NFL Draft, and I'm going to keep kind of giving names for those that haven't had a scouting report yet or may not have the access to the film. Gonna get these names out there as we go along. But that does it for us here on the Draft Show. That hour went by very quick, guys, well done as always. We'll be back on Thursday. Quarterback takes Thursday at ten o'clock. We're going an hour early on Thursday. So wake up with us, grab your your favorite coffee, your favorite morning beverage. We'll get you ready for some draft coming up on Thursday as well. For Brian brought us Zach Wilchuck Watch Lombardi, Nick Harris, Chris Beam in the back of Kyle Yeoman saying so long from the Draft show.
Speaker 5: We'll see you on Thursday.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.