Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg data.
Speaker 3: Just take a look some of the stock movers on the day. Here, we're joined by Bloomers. Isabelle is about what are you looking at today?
Speaker 1: We're looking at Expedia ticker EXPE. But I want to throw an Instacart there, ticker art because both shares are in degree, with Expedia up by more than one percent Instacart up by more than four percent. That's after Jeffries upgraded both to buy the firms that a pullback on concerns of AI would mean that there's a good buying opportunity for both shares. So the two stocks are poised for upgrades to consentus estimates trade at notable evaluation discounts when adjusted for growth and unless exposed to geopolitical risks. So Expedia can continue to grow EPs by twenty percent per ADAM in the next three years and Intacart should see at least mid teens EPs growth going forward. So both those docks are seeing a huge jump today and they're green, and.
Speaker 3: They're green all right, let's talk about some M and A because it is Monday, m Anda.
Speaker 1: So this is Cisco ticker SYY. It's not the Cisco cis CEO. It's food company Sycso, yes, it's a food company. They supply food to restaurants, hospitals, and schools and have a market value of at least forty billion dollars, which is interesting because I don't think I've heard of the Cisco, but I guess it's one of those companies that are very valuable on the back end.
Speaker 3: You see the trucks all around, oh okay, and they just park and then then they walk and they deliver all the stuff. Okay, fronts within like two block radius, and I haven't heard the company they're buying those.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm in the Grammy subway, so maybe that's why I don't see trucks, but yes, they're buying. So they agreed to buy privately held Jetro Restaurant for twenty nine point one billion dollars. So this is a cash and carry wholesaler and they serve around seven hundred thousand smaller restaurant owners and food service operators, so I guess it makes sense. It's kind of the same yeah.
Speaker 3: I feel like I've gone past the restaurant depot before in the past, so I think it's in Brooklyn if I'm remembering correctly. Well, what's interesting is this seller, this company that's being acquired privately held. Yeah, so here's a privately held company. He's going to get it. What is it twenty nine to thirty billion dollars pay day, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Thirty nine billion dollars. And the financing would help, would help them their credit ratings for once. Sisco said it's pausing its Sherby purchase program to prioritize reducing leverage following the acquisition. It's the largest cash and carry wholesaler in the US. That's jet Thro so again.
Speaker 3: And investment bankers. We got JP Morgan doing some financing. We got acquired advised by Goldman Sachs and TD Securities, and the seller's being advised by Evercorp. Again, another boutique investment bank getting paid big time of a big deal.
Speaker 1: And Jetro was founded in nineteen seventy six by Nathan Kirsch. He's a South African billionaire.
Speaker 3: Awesome, good for him.
Speaker 2: It's five sixty six Hamilton Avenue in Brooklyn.
Speaker 3: There's also one in Jersey City, Paul Okay on Amity Road.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in the industrial parts of town.
Speaker 3: Essentially got it one more. What do you got for us?
Speaker 1: Very Therapeutics Kicker VRDN stock is down more than thirty percent. It paired by some of those losses, but still it's down thirty four percent. This is again after clinical trial and active thyroid eye diseases. They announced those results, but it felt because the drug developer gave efficacy data from a late stage trial of its experiment, experimental therapy that fell short of expectations. Again, we talk about all these biotech companies and they swing big gains and big losses depending on the outcome. But for that, for now, it's not looking so great for them. We have Jefferys those still maintaining a by rating.
Speaker 2: So there's that the Stock mover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.