Speaker 1: A La Maine say the game don't get other shame Maine.
Speaker 2: You are a don't you mixed time for don't kiss to day?
Speaker 3: Donkey of today does not discriminate. I might now have the song to today, but I got the Donkey day. So if you have still need to be a Dunton Man TV with the.
Speaker 2: It's a breakfast club bitch, please don't give the day today, well at Sharon Donkey Today for Wednesday, January twenty first goes the former NBA player Lamar Oldham. Now, if you haven't heard, lamar Odam was arrested for the uy in Las Vegas on Saturday. Clark County records showed that Lamar Oldham, forty six years old, faces charges of DUI first offense, driving at more than forty one miles per hour over the posted limit, and improper lane change in failure to maintain driving lane. All three charges are listed as mister meanos. Let's go to CBS eight for the report.
Speaker 3: Please.
Speaker 4: Former NBA player Lamar Odom allegedly drove more than one hundred miles per hour right past a Nevada trooper early Saturday morning on the fifteen Now, according to documents, obtained by eight News. Now, a black suv approached the trooper going really fast. The trooper says he pulled the car over after clocking it at over one hundred. Odain was placed under arrest after failing a field sobriety test. Now he does face multiple charges, including duy Odum is scheduled to appear in cart In court March seventeenth.
Speaker 2: Uh do I have to remind you all that drinking and driving is one of the most selfish things you can do on the planet. Okay, in a world of uber and Lyft, all types of ride shares, there's absolutely zero reason to be driving drunk.
Speaker 3: And I'm gonna be honest with you.
Speaker 2: If we lived in the world where whenever somebody got behind the wheel drunk and the only person they could hurt by being drunk is themselves, I wouldn't give it a damn.
Speaker 3: Okay, I really wouldn't. If every time.
Speaker 2: A person decided to drive drunk, we could guarantee the only person who would be hurt by the situation is them, I would not give a damn.
Speaker 3: But guess what, that's not reality.
Speaker 2: Okay, When you drive drunk, you put everybody else on the highway at risk. And it's ridiculou because in a world full of ride shares, there should never be a reason for you to drive intoxicated. And Lamar Oldham is forty six years old, Okay, he should absolutely know better.
Speaker 3: And this isn't his first.
Speaker 2: Rodeo, and by rodeo I mean dui. Okay, he's had those before. But I'm not just here to talk about his dui. I'm here to talk about what Lamar Odem told police after he got pulled over.
Speaker 3: See.
Speaker 2: According to the police report, Lamar Oldham was in a black suv and he approached the trooper from behind at a high rate of speed. The trooper estimated the car was going at around ninety miles per hour before it passed the police car.
Speaker 3: Okay, the suv then.
Speaker 2: Sped up to one hundred and six miles for hour, with the speed limit on the freeway of sixty five. So when cops put the signal on, the driver continued to swerve between lanes without signaling all right, seemingly unaware that the police car was behind him with the lights and sirens on. And then when the sub finally did pull over and the trooper approached the vehicle. Lamar old him identified himself. Okay, the trooper said, he spelled we he saw bloodshot eyes. He asked Lamar why he was speeding. Lamar said he was on the phone with his manager and he was almost home. Then he told the trooper he was going to his friend's house, but couldn't say what the house was located. He said he was following GPS. What makes the story even worse is that Lamar had a passenger with him. Okay, both of y'all deserved the biggest he hall, because the only thing worse than an intoxicated driver is an intoxicated passenger with the driver.
Speaker 3: Because either you a yes man or you got a death wish.
Speaker 2: Okay, because if you wasn't a yes man, you'd be like, yo, we can't drive right now.
Speaker 3: All right, all right, one of the two.
Speaker 2: But let's get to the other layer of why Lamar Oldham is getting donk here today. When he was talking to the police officer, this is according to the trooper, He asked the trooper, how is your night going?
Speaker 3: Besides me driving like I was in back to the future.
Speaker 2: Okay, just just had to run out again that Mexican food is tearing her stomach up.
Speaker 3: Okay, we'll get back to that guy.
Speaker 2: But Lamar Oldham as the trooper, how is your night going besides me driving like I was in Back to the Future. And that struck me because that's exactly what Lamar Oldham was attempting to do. We all know drug an alcohol is an escape from whatever trauma's one might be dealing with. But you can't run from yourself. But Lamar McFly on Saturday Night tried to do just that. Lamar Odin was doing one hundred and six miles per hour in a sixty five because he was trying to time travel. He wanted to go back to a time when things were all so simple. What moment was Lamar trying to.
Speaker 3: Go back to?
Speaker 2: When he won championships with the Lakers in two thousand and nine and twenty ten. That was the peak of his professional career, A great time. He won six Man of the Year in twenty eleven. Okay, everybody respected out versatile he was on the court. That would be a great moment three lived. Maybe he wanted to go back than when he played in twenty ten for the Fever World Championship.
Speaker 3: They won gold in that that looked like fun.
Speaker 2: Okay, maybe he wanted to go back and correct some wrongs, okay, stop himself from overdosing in twenty fifteen, maybe he wanted to go back to win. Him and Chloe Kardashian were one of the greatest front court duos in celebrity relationship history. I mean, Lamar was six', Ten Chloe kardashian was six eight seven to one in. Heels, okay you can't talk about some of the greatest front court duels of all time without mentioning. Them you Got Tim duncan And David, Robinson Kevin McHale And Robert, Parrish Nicole kidman And Keith irvin.
Speaker 3: Bam In Asia. Wilson, Okay chloe And lamar are in that.
Speaker 2: Conversation But lamar listened to, me you don't have to do one hundred and six miles per hour to go back to the. Future marty McFly only had to do eighty eight and that. Delarean, okay eighty eight miles per hour is what activated the flux capacitor and enable time. Travel and, You, lamar did not have A DeLorean with a flex capacitor and, fly and that's why your suv didn't burst into flames and take you back to whatever area you was trying to get. To The only thing driving one hundred and six miles per hour with No delaurian and no flux capacity to get you is a dui charge and an extreme cases of. Funeral Thank, God, lamar you didn't kill yourself or kill someone else and travel to a dimension you physically can't return. From please Give lamar odom to sweeps out to The. Hamiltons oh, no you are.
Speaker 3: Of the, day the doge.
Speaker 2: Ah the. Daye AND i know we was gonna talk about something, else BUT i would like to call it audible BECAUSE i really feel bad For.
Speaker 1: Jess, yeah we were going to do something that happen this, Morning but, YEAH i think.
Speaker 2: There's nothing worse than like really really having the pool at. Work.
Speaker 3: Now, Me i'm, REGULAR i go at eight.
Speaker 2: Thirty but the difference between me And Jesse, Larrus i'm not in here addressed to the. Nine, okay just being here with all types of fly pieces on and jewelry and everything, Else that's What i'm.
Speaker 1: Saying somebody can probably gotta help her out in the, back that's What.
Speaker 2: I'm in and she's running out of here because you, know her husband Is. Mexican the in laws Of. Mexican every now and then the in laws. Cook her stomach still hasn't got to do some breakfast this.
Speaker 1: Morning you know What i'm, Saying mexican food ass up killing.
Speaker 3: Her SO i JUST i just feel has this ever happened to?
Speaker 1: You, yeah let's open up your phone lines eight hundred five eight five one oh five. One have you ever been in a situation where you at, work you get dressed to the? Tea you know What i'm, saying you, know and and you know with, women you need somebody to zip you.
Speaker 3: Up you gotta. Snap it's not like you can just go, easy not even just at.
Speaker 2: WORK i mean think about like if you go out, somewhere like you had a basketball.
Speaker 3: Game are you out? There you know What i'm.
Speaker 2: Saying JUST i, mean just that pool issue at the, worst all, RIGHT i MEAN i FEEL i really feel sorry for this was, twice yes what you mean? Twice it's wanting, yes y, yeah, yeah, yes. Yes you literally had to run out during the donkey of the. Day that's, crazy that's.
Speaker 1: Crazy and you, know if it if, it if it going, hot and come out, hot so's, spicy that ass.
Speaker 2: Every, listen it's crazy for me to hurt something as an adjusted to The mexican.
Speaker 3: Food yet after you, know all these. Years but hey, man all.
Speaker 1: Right well let's open up the phone lines eight hundred five eight five one oh five.
Speaker 3: One have you ever been in that? Situation what did you? Do we don't want just to feel a loone this that's. Right the support Group.
Speaker 2: It's The Donkey, today is sponsored by renowned personal injury Attorney michael To bull. Lambingsoft don't be a donkey when you need a fighter on your. Side if you're ever, injured go To michael To bull dot. Com That's michael To bull dot. Com and when you mess with the, bull you get the horns