Speaker 1: The volume. The Cowboys head coach Brian Schottenheimer says Dak is still in developmental phase. I think Dak is in the developmental phase, and that sounds crazy for a guy who's played as much. But there are things were tweaking with Dak. Dak is entering his tenth NFL season.
Speaker 2: What you think, I'm trying to understand developmental phase? At what point in year ten? Is something developmental at this point? Especially when it says it's not the same offense, it's the same offense from last year.
Speaker 1: If I'm not mistaken, right, Nah, I guess he's gonna implement his because that was Mike McCarthy's offense.
Speaker 2: If that's the case, then he is in the developmental stage because he having to learn the new offense, all the new nuances and all the intricacies of that new offense. So I totally understand. I mean, that gives me better context. So I mean, that's understandable, that's understandable. I'm excited for Dak Man. I'm excited for Dak. I just hope they're ready to I just hope they're ready to use use pick the right way. Ceedee Lamb is gonna get his regardless, especially when he plays in the slot. He's when he was ceedee Lamb is in the slot. The creased mismatches regards to who they're playing.
Speaker 3: It doesn't matter who they're planning. And we know what Pick can do on the outside. You can take a short and hit his head off the gold post, or he can go deep.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah you gotta. I mean, look, they should be really explosive in the passing game. We're gonna see. Yeah, they protected because you know, you lose. I mean, Zach Martin is retired.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: The offensive line whether it was kind of shaky last year, old Joe. So let's see what they what how have they uh uh shored up that the running Game Blue had some really good games. So it's gonna be it's gonna be. Uh, it's gonna be very interesting to see what the Cowboys are offensively as far as protection. If we don't look, Oh, you can have all all the guys you want, but you gonna protect your quarterback ain't gonna do you no good.
Speaker 3: At all at all. That goes for the Cowboys, they goes for my Bengals. They goes to the.
Speaker 2: Goddamn Chiefs down there in Kansas City, Yeah, and who else?
Speaker 3: But hell, the the Eagles don't gotten in the world about for a long time.
Speaker 1: I mean, the Eagles got the best offensive line in football though. Hell they got the best line in football too. Yeah, but but I'm looking at it. I mean, think about it. Look at the right tackle and the left tackle. You got Lane Johnson and my Latta. You got your center. You replace it with Justson Kelsey, and you replace Jason Kelsey and that guy he's in the damn near All Pro. But he goes to the Pro Bowl and you look at Dixon mm hmm, one of your best guards. I mean, so they good. They set for the foreseeable future at the at the at the offensive line position.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Should that be embarrassed that Brian Schottenheimer said that he's in the developmental state phase?
Speaker 2: Absolutely not, because if you learn in the new offense, it's completely differ and you have to rewire and relearn everything, even though you played the game for ten years. So saying he's in a development of today at this time, whether the NTA, it's acceptable acceptable because that's what it is. It's a time for you to develop and learn. Everything that comes with.
Speaker 3: That offers going to be completely different in what you learned before.
Speaker 1: Es Ben Jeremy Fowler reports that Kyle Pitts would be open to a trade even though he's not necessarily looking to be moved and the Falcons aren't aggressively shopping him. So I checked with the source who said that, look, if Atlanta gets the right counter deal for Kyle Pits, it could very well could come together. This is not a situation where he's requesting a trade, but if he has a chance to go maybe to a better offense where he's more featured.
Speaker 3: He's sort of a third or.
Speaker 1: Fourth wheel right now in Atlanta and could be something that he's open to.
Speaker 2: I like it, and he wouldn't be a third or fourth wheel if he hadn't gotten hurt. You have to understand after the a c l he has, he hasn't been the same Coyle Pits we saw at Florida.
Speaker 3: He just hasn't. And if if you watch him close, there's a there's a slight limp when he when he when he was on there's a slight thing that you can tell exactly which need you know, uh, he he tours a c l uh. It's unfortunate as great as he is, he's still very good now that he's recovered somewhat from that from that injury. I would like to see him in a different offense where he can be featured more. Well, yeah, yeah, I think that.
Speaker 2: I mean where that would be, I'm not sure. That's the problem. That's the that's the problem.
Speaker 3: I think he'd be great in Kansas City.
Speaker 2: Oh that's nasty, a player like Kyle Pitts of his caliber before we got injured. If he hadn't got injured, we always talked about Hockinson.
Speaker 3: And then ride.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Bowers, listen, he was e above everyone I just named eons above. The only thing that set him back was that injury. I don't understand how special he is. How many of those dudes I just named go up and go line up out there receiver and.
Speaker 3: Ain't a whole lot of them. I mean, you know they're they're versatile now.
Speaker 1: But this guy had moved, he had wiggle, Like you said, he could run, he could run the route, he can run the slant, he can run it out and run a comeback dick.
Speaker 3: And so yeah, he was. He was special. And but now he's two years removed from that. A C. L. Now even his fifth year, isn't it? Or was his fourth year? Thanks in this it should be four. I think it's her fourth for Kyle. If I'm not mistaken, we're gonna be he gonna be all right good. This is fifty or fourth year.
Speaker 1: Because uh, because I don't think they picked up his fifth year option.
Speaker 3: Little that's a little motivation right there. It is little motivation. One two, three, four, five, fifth year?
Speaker 2: Hey, listen, and I hope, I hope Michael Penning Jr. Knows they didn't pick up that fifty year option.
Speaker 3: And throwing the ball every play on purpose, So we have a hell of a year, so we get paid in off season? Oh, y'all, what's that?
Speaker 1: Falcons undrafted free agent Kobe Bryant spelled co O b e E. Kobe Brant went after Lamar Jackson on snapchat.
Speaker 3: Take a look at the picture. Is that hard? Yep? And what buddy doing? What what I mean? Great regular season, not so much in the postseason. That's the rookie did that? Yeah, undrafted free agent? But what's what's up with buddy? Hey? Dot me say that?
Speaker 2: I mean, listen, that is that that's that might be some personal Maybe that's some personal We don't know about it.
Speaker 3: Bro, Bro, I don't know. Look, you already know.
Speaker 1: I only know when Kobe Bryant rest is soul, yes, sir, and they spelled it like the state. So I don't know this young man. And he might turn out to be a phenomenal player, and I hope he does. Yes, sir, but it's a little early for you to be to make talking this kind of noise. Now you need to be past, sir, Tad. You need to be Jay Ram, You need to be one of them big dogs Stingley Junior.
Speaker 3: Okay, you want to take a shot. Okay, you're gonna get that. Come on now, well hold on, hold on, he got you got my attention. Now you got Kobe Bryant. Uh, Bro, you ain't gonna be playing no attention. We got bigger fish to be worried about him. Hold on, but no, we got bigger fister. But if you take shots like this, right you? Yes that boy? Yes, now you've got Now you got my attention. So I'm trying to see what you like on that field.
Speaker 1: Well, hey, I sure hope they played the Ravens so we can find out.
Speaker 3: Hold on what position he played?
Speaker 1: Your corner right Oh here, car, Yeah, this man put James hardened head on Lamar jacksonbody with the numb and everything.
Speaker 3: Okay, who we played for the Hawk? I mean the Falcons. Okay, they the schedule out Do the Ravens play the Falcons this year? I don't know the Falcons play the Ravens.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm I'm gonna I'm gonna call I'm gonna call a J. Terrell and asked A J. Terrell if Kobe Bryant.
Speaker 3: Really liked that. Yeah, I gotta, I gotta, I gotta, I gotta watch some film on Young Bull. Normally, when you talk like this, so you you know, you throw a little shade, that means that means you like that.
Speaker 1: Man, that's a big old tree. That ain't no little shade.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't. I don't know what he was thinking with this one right here. Listen you, I mean, you know what he was thinking.
Speaker 1: But people trying to people try to figure out why he did it.
Speaker 3: Hell, I don't know. I don't know either. That's why the first thing I said is maybe this is something personal that we don't know about. Well, he should go to Lamar because most of them, most of the.
Speaker 2: Time when you're young, like that coming into the NFL, yours respect, your elders, especially the great was like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I bet I they tell you man them ain't have no no respect. Nah, not like it. That's why I don't, man, I would have never. I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's just hard. But go ahead. I mean, look, that's that he Look, we love the First Amendment. He has a right to say what they wants to say. Yeah, hey, bro, you have to go out there and back that up.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, so now you're putting now you put the pressure on yourself.
Speaker 1: Not too right right now, you got to alligate a mouth now, don't let don't have no humming bird ass.
Speaker 3: Mm hmmm, I'm not. I'm depending pay of that now, got to use that.
Speaker 1: Oh, they played the Ravens. They play the Ravens next year. Now Lamar beat up on you out about that. They need to get this thing or they need to get this going.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: Hey, they say hey, Lamar probably say hey, harbad, y'all put this put him on the preseason schedule, and I play it, El Jackson, I play it. Hey, man, Labar probably look, hey, you know one of Lamar boys.
Speaker 3: Or somebody probably sitting to say, hey, don what's up with O? Boy?
Speaker 1: Probably like who do look what I sent you?
Speaker 3: And one one thing about one thing by eight. He don't talk. He ain't eve gonna respond, He ain't forna I know, but I'm saying he's like he probably like what who what? Who? Who is this? I just I told you what he's trying to do. Uh, get get your name out there. You do something, you do something you ain't got little bit. It's no different than that reporter, that reporter with right, yeah, the reporter. Just listen, throw your.
Speaker 2: Name out there, throw the bait, throw the fish. Everybody gonna bite, okay, boom not ask the cameras on me. Now, I guess he was. I guess he was in Kansas last year. Oh yoe, huh, he was at Kansas. He could play college ball at Kansas last year. Thanks, he would like that. I don't know what did Travis do well?
Speaker 1: I mean, he was undrafted, so I don't know if he has decent speed.
Speaker 3: I don't, I don't. I don't know. Hey, Chack, Chack, Kobe Bryant like that. Let me know, now, let me know, let me know. No, I need to have a Keeves number.
Speaker 1: I called a Keeve to Lee ball or Chris Harris Junr asked them they went to Kansas, they would know more.
Speaker 3: Wait they jay Hawks?
Speaker 2: Yeah wait, how colleb get out of h He ain't go to Texas?
Speaker 1: Key would uh with the Kansas Tudy Chris Harris Junior. Oh, Chris okay, okay, okay, yeah, yeah, I don't know. I don't know what. I don't know what the boys think. But I don't know what u uh prompt him? Because Lamar don't really do no talking. I mean every once I've seen I've probably seen Lamar are at more at like fashion events, uh chilling as opposed to see him doing anything else.
Speaker 3: I know, I think I don't know if he still has it.
Speaker 1: I know he used to have his his camp, his football camp, right, Lamar laid's really really.
Speaker 3: Low, oh crazy low bro.
Speaker 1: So I'm I don't I don't know what what what what prompted buddy to do this?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I tell him telling you, it's something personal. I'm telling you. We just we just don't know about it. Because nobody takes from is he from Florida? He ain't he from the crib.
Speaker 1: I'm asking Ash's looking for it now. I don't know where. I don't know where. From Evergreen, Alabama.
Speaker 3: I don't think. I don't think. I don't think they had no dealings with Yo. Listen, I know he must be like that, That's all I know. Anytime you take a shot like that, that high, you got to be able to back it up with your player. So I know he must. He got to be that boy. Yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, I don't know about all that, Oh Joe.
Speaker 3: I mean, we'll see, we'll see old.
Speaker 1: Look, I'm not making I'm not making light of him being an undrafted fridgid because all I'm saying, you give me a helm and the shoulder pass and then I'll show you what I'm capable of doing. Yep, I look at it like that. So all that other stuff I don't. I don't get called him where he was this?
Speaker 3: He was that?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 3: I don't. I don't know. Chad, I don't know. I wish I knew.
Speaker 1: Maybe Chad, y'all can chime into chat and says, well, he said Lamar said something about this, or or he been going at Lamar for a minute. I don't know. So I don't I don't want to speculate getting a conjecture in you, Windo. All I know is that it seems from where I'm sitting. Yeah, I don't know how I owe you feel, but it seems like from where I'm sitting, he took an unprompted shot at Lamar.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and everybody knows what what that means.
Speaker 1: That means that he James Hard is sensational in the regular season become postseason not so much.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hey, now now you got that. You gotta target now, Yeah, every every day, every time you at seven y'alls, every time you impressed. Now, this is gonna come up. So you you know you got who or you got to come to play? Right? Oh yeah for sure? Well pay anyway.
Speaker 1: But because there are a lot of guys, there are a lot of guys in this league that have the utmost respect from Lamar.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all of us.
Speaker 1: And so when you everybody, when you take a shot at him, they're like, bro, this man don't bother nobody. And a lot of people, you know, there's something that feel like, man, he should have been a three time MVP. They robbed him for that. So they, like I said, I don't know the kid so I wish him the best. Uh, but hey, he talking like that, he might he might be like, yeah on you. Yeah, we're gonna find out. He's gonna ride. I know one thing, I know who he is now. So all I want to see is if the memes and the jokes match up with the play, because it got to be it got to be balanced.
Speaker 3: It can't be one of the other. It got it got to make sense. It absolutely has to make sense.
Speaker 2: And especially like Kobe Bryant, even though it's football, you got you got to represent.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, I don't know. I don't know if I a.
Speaker 1: They dannew Kobe Bryan obviously, I mean there have been a lot, but I mean there are a lot of Kobe's.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there are a lot.
Speaker 1: Of Kobe's since that Kobe that burst onto the scene at Lord Meridian and Philly and drafted by the uh the Hornets and traded to the Lakers.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: CBS Sports ranked the twelve NFL teams most likely to win their first Super Bowl this season. Number one is the Bills, number two of the Lions, number three of the Bengals, number four of the Texans, five Chargers, six, Vikes, seven, Cardinals, eight Jazz, nine Falcons, ten Titans, eleven Panthers, twelve Browns.
Speaker 3: You like the order, yeah, I mean the order is understandable simply. I see we're at four and they have the lines in front of us. I think because we start so goddamn slow. We start so slow, and we're climbing towards the end of the season, spramling, trying to get ourselves out of hole where we haven't even got a chance to consistently, consistently be in the talks of being in contention and playoff contention each and every year. We're in a division and taking care of business early in the season, so we don't have anything to worry about now. All the team that were.
Speaker 2: Mentioned take care of business every single f in year and are least in contention and have a chance when it comes to playoffs.
Speaker 3: Lions, the Bills. Who who's the third team on here?
Speaker 1: Bill's Lions, Bengals, Texans, Chargers, Vikings. We were jack huh we were the thirteen?
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, okay, we got we're good, but we're third because of what I just said, though, that damn slow start, man, damn we gotta fix that.
Speaker 1: Man. Y'all didn't fix it soon enough. So I'm gonna need that need what my daddy records? You don't mind handing it over to.
Speaker 3: Me, do you? You're talking to me? Yeah, I'm talking to you. Wait, hold on, you said you need your your daddy's records. What would that mean? I ain't never heard that before. That's some Oh that's some country ship my money.
Speaker 2: Hey, what do you call it your daddy's records? That's some Yeah, I wore by daddy records. Okay, I like that's that's a nice slang right there, Broy, Can I get that on?
Speaker 3: Yo? Hey, I'm you know what, Do me a favor. Do me a favor. What's that you got?
Speaker 2: PayPal, zim Apple, pay cash, app Venmo all you have to do right now? I would let the chat see me. I want the chat to see me. Send you your money, I send it right now.
Speaker 3: If you down, I'm gonna get it. I'll tell you what I'm gonna get. Shelley. I'm gonna get Shelley's. I think Shelley got PayPal. Okay, okay, okay, finally, let me go. We got somewhere. Let me go.
Speaker 1: Boston sports talk radio host and former New England Patriots quarterback Scott Zolac says it's possible that the Pasts could release Stefan Diggs before he ever plays it down for the team. Speaking on ninety eight to five sports ub, Zolac said the following about the potential of the Patriots cutting Digs. I came to this show yesterday with the opinion, with the opinion, not an opinion, but the knowledge that is on the table that has been thought of. And it's just not the boat. It's just not the boat. There's some other things that I've heard that puts some things into question. Are you all in here? He's Oh Joe, this is what he said. I came to this show yesterday with the opinion, not an opinion, but being not but the knowledge that it is.
Speaker 3: On the table. A whole bunch of nothing. That's what I say, Oh Joe.
Speaker 1: But you know, when you go to places like New England, you know, Oh Joe, you know how you got to move. You can't move like you can. I know it's the off season, but you can't move like you were there.
Speaker 3: Is a matter of fact. I don't even want to talk about it, talk about when you were there. Hold on, hold on, Bill BELLI say, ain't that nothing more? It's the same system Bill. Ask your question, Mike, Mike Rabel doesn't, doesn't doesn't work with a hard hand the way Bill does.
Speaker 2: Now we talk about the players, coach. Now you got Mike in there. It is a different ball game. Okay, I'm sure he doesn't run that mother for like my military system. Hey, chat, Hey, I swear for God, my right hand of God.
Speaker 3: If anybody in the chat has seen the movie Full Metal Jacket, if you seen him feed it full Metal Jack, I know you saw a full metal Jacket, right, Yes, remember the beginning of the movie.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, I've never been to the army, never been to the Navy, never been a marine.
Speaker 3: But the way the drill sergeant was in that movie is what it felt like. The structure, the discipline where everything had to be right, the cursing that it didn't matter who he was, who you were, everybody was suspendable. That's how Bill. That's the kind of ship, type of ship Bill ran.
Speaker 1: This is what Mike Rabel said. He wasn't happy with the video either. If something we're aware of it. Obviously, we want to make great decisions all and off the field. Any conversation that I've had with step On will remain between him and I and the club. So I would ask, you'll get joke. If it was no big deal, do you believe the head coach would have said what he said? Did any conversation or may not?
Speaker 3: A fan? WI remained he had no.
Speaker 2: Choice but to say something because everybody made a big dealer, they got there thing.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, I don't worry about what the fans say. I ain't got nothing to do with that. I run the club.
Speaker 2: You have to because that's the that's the era we're in. We're in a social media era. So if there's that video, Bill Belichick ever respond? Did Bill Belichick ever respond that there were things going on?
Speaker 3: He didn't respond to and Mike they're two completely different coaches.
Speaker 1: There are different coaches. But where do you think he learned how to coach? What do you think you learn from what you're around?
Speaker 3: I have a question everybody Bill that went to be a head coach, how did they do? I'm not saying that. I'm not saying I'm not able to do or emulate or know what he's done.
Speaker 1: But here's the thing you want to have as few of distractions. He that have few distractions. Those are the teams that normally win, not saying always. Because the Cowboys of the nineties they were so talented they had distractions in one regardless. But the question, look here for Scott Zolac to say what he said. He said, this is not an opinion. Who is Scott Zolach. He calls play by play, He does color for the Patriots. Okay, okay, he was there when you was there. Okay, all right. He said, this is not he said with the opinion, not an opinion, but the knowledge that it is on the table.
Speaker 3: Now, why would have said that if it's not the case. They say a lot of things. They say a lot of things. So you say he making he's making this up. No, I just said I take it with a great AsSalt. Okay. Can I ask you a question? Yeah, who's that's You see that wide receiving room right down. That is how they do it in New England. It's the Patriot way. It ain't.
Speaker 2: You don't even have the players that have the patrioteight anymore.
Speaker 3: You can't move it.
Speaker 1: Number two have is gone, Ray Lewis is not there, Joe and Reeder not in Baltimore.
Speaker 3: You play like a raven. It's different. You're having Lamar Jackson.
Speaker 1: No, Tom Brady and Mark Jackson did not fit the culture in Baltimore.
Speaker 3: I don't care how great Labarrio is.
Speaker 1: Lamar Jackson did not fit the culture for what's in Baltimore. That was long established way before Lamar Jackson said put in Baltimore.
Speaker 3: Wait, I'm talking. I'm talking about from a skill set, Drake Maine Lamore.
Speaker 1: I talking about the culture in which you do think, Oh, Joe, the military. First of all, it's not people that go to the military the state. It's been established. The military run regardless of who's there. You set the standard, you do things a certain way. I'm not listening. I don't really know Stefan Diggs. I know he's a phenomenal receiver. I know he's coming off with an injury, and I do believe he can help the Patriots.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's the best receiver there. What do he mean believe? O Joe? Was he the best receiver in Buffalo? He and then let him go? Was he was? He? He was one of the best receivers in Houston. Yes, But Nego Collin was that boy. Nego Collins damn near top five. But go ahead and ask you a question. Was Tyreek Hill the best receiver in Kansas City?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Was Randy Moss the best receiver in Minnesota? In Oakland? In New England? Was he on the best receiver in San Francisco? Was he the best receiver in Philly? Was he the best receiver in Dallas?
Speaker 3: Yeah? You see what I'm going with this? Yes, okay, I see going. So it also also, everybody didn't have to move like a goddamn robot. It's the off season. He's on the bones. Okay, Now, everybody don't want to fuck it live like that fucking barring. Oh Joe, he's oh Joe, you you you killing the messenger. No, no, no, stay with me. You're talking. Listen, listen to me. Save with me real quick. When you operating a different manner you are, Stay with me. I love you to death. You operating a different matter from New England. They have a certain way to do things.
Speaker 2: Everybody's not living life born like a fucking robot.
Speaker 3: Everybody operate that way. But here's the thing. He gets nothing on.
Speaker 2: He's on the boat and that that's it. Oh j They listen, they talk about. He knows he's being filmed, so whatever he's passing out is not what people are saying it is. I'm sure he told Rabel that it was harmless.
Speaker 3: O Joe. All I'm saying is is that excuse me?
Speaker 1: In certain situations you have to move accordingly. I understand that in this off season that should be my free time. But you just have to you know, you have to move a certain way. I got all I'm saying. I'm with you, but listen, I get like I listen.
Speaker 2: We're in a different time where at a different time, players are a look different. You ain't going nowhere, you know, my chief, Bass ain't going nowhere. I've been in mind me all my life. I've been on the boat one time in two thousand and I threw up. I ain't been on the boat since. So I mean just I'm just looking at it from a different landscape. Not defending Stefan Das at all. I'm just looking at it from a different standpoint of Damn, these boys can't even live their life.
Speaker 3: Cameras everywhere. You really can't do nothing. You ain't go to where.
Speaker 1: But you know it was like that in New England, don't yo because guess who's still there, mister Kraft.
Speaker 3: Oh you think he's on You think he's on board with this? You know how he is? Yeah? Yeah, yeah. But but listen, they had one year, right, yes, they gave they fired what's name after after? Come on, what's his name? Huh? Oh? Rod Mayo? Male, Rod Mayo. They gave him one year, you know, Priday.
Speaker 2: So now Brave's there, we want to turn things around fast as possible, get all the pieces around a quarterback and Drake may you played very well last year, and they wanted to make another leap this year, giving him all the right pieces and players that make him job easier.
Speaker 3: Steph R. Jiggs is one of those players that makes him job easier in that in that wide receiver room. Veteran presence, very good receiver, one of the better rock runners of the league despite acl injury. Hell, he wanted the better rock runers in the league, but one motherfucking leg. Excuse me for cursing, but I understand what happened. Steph probably won't have this issue again, probably won't be on these boats again, probably won't be around cameras again. But he's still the same life he's always lived. This is. This has always been him. I'm sure you know I know him personally, and just what we saw isn't what it was.
Speaker 1: And I just think the thing is is that you have to understand where you're like, Okay, maybe they allowed you to do that in Buffalo, allowed you to do that in Houston, but you know when you go to Meddico, New England, they operated on a different set of rules. They do they and they and they really and they really do because mister Craft, you know, you like a little distraction as possible. Uh, even though Coach Belichick the patrio, I guarantee you they still got to sign up. Say, even Coach Belichick is gone, actual radio is gone, they probably still got a thing up that says the Patriot Way, just like the Ravens have up.
Speaker 3: Play like a raven. Yeah, absolutely, And culture was established a long time ago.
Speaker 1: And the thing is is that what helped Baltimore is as you mentioned, Lamar came in and he bought into that culture. Play to a standard. I'm playing. All that other stuff don't even matter. Yeah, I played to the coach. I played like a raven. The Ray Lewis is and the Rod Woodson's and and and and the Terrell Suggs and Ed Reed myself when I was there. There's a standard in what you play to and it helps when you don't have a Ray Lewis and all those guys.
Speaker 3: There, but you still have a Lamar.
Speaker 1: And so Lamar's job is make sure the guys that hopefully has another decade that he tread like little guys.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna be here forever.
Speaker 1: But well, there's a tradition here and your job is to uphold that. So yeah, it's it's it's just a different time now, Oh Joe, it's different.
Speaker 3: It's it is really really different, and it is it's so funny. I'm not gonna go there. I'm not gonna go there, but we talk about you know what, I ain't ain't gonna do it because we talked about the Patriots, and you know, you know what, I'm gonna leave it wrong.
Speaker 1: Brad Holmes, Yeah, he's the general manager of the Alliance, right, takes report of the task overpast criticism.
Speaker 3: Let's take a listen to what he had to say with Joe.
Speaker 4: He looked back at those picks, and those picks were not welcomed by many in this room.
Speaker 3: You know, day. You want to expect quarterback.
Speaker 4: You didn't want us to pick nay Sewell, you know, people didn't want us to wait to the.
Speaker 3: Fourth round to draft a wide receiver.
Speaker 4: But every single move was intentional. I think you al would expect me to be accountable when I'm up here when things don't go right. You would expect me to be accountable when you heard so much negativity about our draft, and then when I said, look, wait till they start playing football, It'll be appreciative. When they started saying football and people start giving credit, the negativity kind of just everybody forgot about it. I give I give probably two people credit in this room that said, you know, I was wrong.
Speaker 3: Hmm. I like that. I like that. I like the fact that he can sit up there and actually do that and let the media know that you guys don't know the game like I do.
Speaker 2: I know what I'm doing when I'm in that war room. I've studied you guys might have been y'all might be a part of the media. You might be unless you might understand the game, but you don't know it as well as I do.
Speaker 3: That's why I'm in a position I'm in now, picking and.
Speaker 2: Choosing what our team needs, what our needs are, what players best fit our system.
Speaker 3: And he hasn't missed yet. Yoh made the trade for dark Dalker. What iffing reporter complained about.
Speaker 1: But they s getting drafted because they wanted him to take they wanted him to take Chase.
Speaker 3: Oh, okay, oh understandable. But listen, you didn't miss with Jamison Williamson and aman Ross Saint Brown. Now it ain't a winner, but you're still some dogs.
Speaker 1: You got Brian Bradge, you got jam Gibson, and you got in target Arms Arnold there.
Speaker 3: Carry on, terry On Arnold. Yeah, he's nice, he's nice. You got him, Hey, we.
Speaker 2: Get him a doughter stopped holding and use his feet a little bit more. You got Hutchinson's gonna be all right. You got Hutchison. Uh oh, because here's the thing. When guys missed. Oh, you could have had this guy, You could have had that guy. You quick to write that in the paper. Well write that in the paper. How good Brad Holmes has been with his draft selection and he hasn't missed. Hey, you have a questions?
Speaker 3: Was he there when they drafted?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: Is it not? Ornette? There's another there's another there's another DV that.
Speaker 2: I really like from Ohio State that went that I think he got drafted to.
Speaker 3: Oh you talk about uh he? I really liked him in What's the Guy named? He went to Atlanta? He was, yeah, I know you uh Ocuda Jeff Ocuda? No, Jeff for cutera. Hey, I like the young boy. Where Jeff o'cuter? Now? Anybody know if anybody in the chat know where Jeff is now?
Speaker 1: I really like I realize like I think he only like his third or fourteen.
Speaker 2: No, it's only like your your four, you're three or four for him?
Speaker 3: Okay, Hey, I like it. I like him. Man, Hey, that guy damn Brian Bridge.
Speaker 1: What team is he on now? Because he got traded? I think they traded him. Yeah, but where is he? Yeah he got drafted to Detroit. Though he got drafted to Detroit. He was in Atlanta, he was in Houston. Now he's on Minnesota. I said he's on his third or fourteen now.
Speaker 3: Damn, Yeah, I wonder why.
Speaker 1: Kell all though you was talking about like, yeah, he's not there, No, he's on his third or I know he's not there. I'm just I'm just so upset. But I knew he was on his third or fourth team.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, okayok okay. Yeah, yeah, I like him. I like oh yo oh. Jay said he never wanted to leave the Giants. I never ever wanted to leave New York Giants. The reason you heard me.
Speaker 1: Talking about what I was going on was because I was pissed because where I come from in college, if we lost one game.
Speaker 3: I'll see this was over. This was the organization I got drafted to. They believed in me.
Speaker 1: So if the Giants went and won the Super Bowl, I would be happy. But deep down inside I wanted to be the one, no question, So it's definitely you'll always hold that. But then someone like me went the Rams won the Super Bowl, but still you just want back. Odell has bounced around between five teams since joining the NFL in twenty fourteen. Yeah, man, Odell, Man, don't realize, oh yoll, you and I both I played on two teams. You played on two teams. You don't realize how good you got it.
Speaker 3: You.
Speaker 1: Everybody always thinks it's better somewhere else, and I can. I'm gonna have so many more catches, and I'm gonna have so many more yards and i'ma have so many more touchdowns and everything that you need is right where you are.
Speaker 3: Yep, you know what. But he was in a situation where he didn't want to leave. He didn't want to leave on he was he was, he was perfect, He was perfect in me. Well, you have to you have to conduct o, Joe.
Speaker 1: You can't say I don't want to leave this job, and I conduct myself in a manner of which they're gonna.
Speaker 3: Get rid of me. Oh Joe, damn, are you right right? I'm don't. Don't scream at me. I'm saying no, But I'm saying he said they didn't want to leave.
Speaker 1: But do you I mean, Odell could have conducted himself in a way and they wouldn't have.
Speaker 3: He put him in up, He put him and he backed them in a corner. Yeah, yeah, you're right. He unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Man Odell's first four years, whether it's electrifying as you gonna see any receiver. You go back and look at his numbers, You look at the about the yards, about the touchdowns, the highlight plays.
Speaker 3: He was said sational. Yeah, absolutely absolutely, baby, box office baby, and he was tailor made for that because of his personality. He said it perfect, perfect, Why.
Speaker 1: Bro, he could have been Michael straight Ahead, he could have been gen I mean he had I mean he had New York eating out the palm of his hand.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm. And that's the that's the perfect scenario. But you know it's funny.
Speaker 2: I think if for for Odell, if I think he's able to reflect and look back on it now, he would probably change the way.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, for sure. The wait, not the way he acted on on the not on the field. I'm talking about on the field. Maybe some of the stuff on the sideline. Maybe some of the stuff yes that we yes, I think he'll change some of that, But for sure what he did on the field, Oh my goodness. No, he was special. He was special.
Speaker 2: Listen, I said it not too long. We had some shows a while ago. I say, he might have.
Speaker 3: Been the first two hundre million dollar receiver. And this was before they even got to the money again too. Now that's how special in box office was Well, that that's what he was trending towards. Yeah. Oh my goodness, man, he I just that's that's what I mean. I hate that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because he I promise you he gonna kick himself because he knows he never should have left the Giants.
Speaker 3: He knows it.
Speaker 1: I mean what he wasted two years in Cleveland, Yeah, in Baltimore, Yeah, in Miami. The Rams was a great pickup from him. Had a quarterback to get him the ball. He had an offensive coordinator that knew how to get him the ball. He had Cooper Cup that was playing phenomenal. So when they double Cup, he's working one on one. You remember the game he had against Tampa, because they're trying to double Cooper Cup.
Speaker 3: He goes for a hundred. Cooper Cup still get his one hundred.
Speaker 1: He was playing well in the championship game against the forty nine ers, played well in the Super Bowl, had a touch caught the first touchdown towards knee up.
Speaker 3: That's the second time he had torn that knee up. Yeah, and just and then all of you know, he broke his ankle. I think he broke his ankle.
Speaker 1: There's only so much There's only so much twitch you got in your body. Only so much twitch you got, o Joe, There's only so much you got. He was phenomenal. I mean his hands, his route running, his his his uh. He played a lot bigger than his his stature.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, he run after the catch. I was just I was just, Hey, what is it about every goddamn LSU and Alabama receiver? They are phenomenal with the ball in their hands. Phenomenon Jettis Chase, Brian Thiman Jr. Julio Jones, Jerry.
Speaker 1: Judy, Elik neighbors elite man because each one teach one, they go back and they teach. You know, Julio and you got Calvin Ridley, and you got Amari Cooper, you got you got Waddle, and you got Davante and you got you know, you got Judy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's one thing to be able to run rouse but then they got the other half.
Speaker 3: All them can run.
Speaker 1: Roddy White, says Kyle Shanahan, told him he'd rather throw the ball to Jacob Tammy than Roddy. With the game on the line, Shanahan told Roddy he was in the top four option on the twenty fifteen team.
Speaker 3: Man. Shanahan lyon, like crazy man, we talk about Roddy White Bright not just anybody. We talk about Roddy White, but at War eighty four, huh as at Atlanta legend to me a player I used to watch you talk about Roddy playing that Julio had. He said that for real.
Speaker 1: I don't know that that's what Roddy White said. Hell, I wasn't there, hey, Roddy White. Julio had two hundred and three targets. He had one hundred and thirty six catches, eighteen hundred and seventy one yards, eight touchdown. Jacob Tammy had eighty one targets, fifty nine catches, six hundred and fifty seven yards, one touchdown. Davonta Freeman he had ninety seven targets, seventy three catches, five seventy eight yards, three touchdowns.
Speaker 3: Roddy White had.
Speaker 1: Seventy targets, forty three catches, five hundred and six yards eleven point eight yards per catch, one touchdown.
Speaker 3: Well, what was this his last year or Sam? I think it was his last year in Atlanta? Oh? Was that? I was? See why the numbers look like that? Yeah, I see what I look at.
Speaker 1: I don't know something. I know something about Kyle. I've known him since he was a kid. Yeah, played for his dad. He had a lot of dad. He got a guy like Julio was this guy. Yeah, hope Julio gets a blow, because that's when the ball will come your way. Oh he gonna feed. Oh, his number one receiver gonna get fat. That's the that's the way the West Coast system work.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, most.
Speaker 1: Look at Jerry, look at t O in that system. Look at my brother and that's did that system.
Speaker 3: And look at look at Cooper Cup Tripper, Crown Yere, look at pool drafting pool in the core. Okay, Booma, same thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, go back and look at Green Bay when it was Antonio Freeman and all those that West.
Speaker 2: K a green green Bay still run West Coast, but it is my committee now. Yeah, yeah, we're gonna have a goddamn dad.
Speaker 1: Well that's what that's what Jacoby said. That's what uh uh uh Jacobs said. We need a dog. Hm, you need one guy that you can throw the ball to and he gonna, hey, he gonna go get it.
Speaker 3: But uh like I, you know, you asked me, I don't know, I don't know
Speaker 1: The volume