Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today. Matt Piper, what do you got in stock movers today?
Speaker 2: Thank you?
Speaker 1: That sounds a good time. I like Taylor And let's talk about rocket Lab. We're talking about space SpaceX has been in the news all summer. Rocket Lab now, it plunged thirty six percent last month, but this month it's a different story. It's up about one percent in the pre market. The company is set to report its second quarter twenty twenty six financial results today. Now, it just won a three hundred and ninety seven million dollar contract to build and launch a spacecraft for the US Space Force using its upcoming Neutron rocket. These are called flatellites. Oh, the place of satellites. Okay, So there are satellites that are flatter and more stackable, they say, than a conventional counterparts. Now, more and more private space companies and national space agencies are expected to launch these satellites to upgrade their communication and their surveillance capabilities. So certainly you will probably be hearing more about flatllites in the future.
Speaker 2: All Right, what's next Maderna.
Speaker 1: So Maderna is moving today, It's up about two and a half percent in the pre We haven't heard about them in a little bit, right, So the most likely catalyst is just the other day, the FDA approved its seasonal influenza vaccine covid I. Guess is in a rearview. Now we're talking more about flu with flu season coming up here. This is a big regulatory win that gives the company its first approved flu shot. They've obviously had other approvals in the past, this is its first flu shot. The move may also be getting support from the company's recent second quarter update, which showed a narrower quarterly loss.
Speaker 2: Guys, all right, last one. Intel.
Speaker 1: Intel's been in the news, and it's in the news today. It's taking advantage of the AI boom and the data center boom. Lots and lots of people are saying, I don't want that data center backyard. Well, it's saying this morning that it will be offering fifteen billion dollars in common stock made a renewed interest in its business prospects. Now Intel says that money, Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, I'm just I'm just curious, like you were talking about, they're setting up data centers, when are they going to start helping all the people around the data center. I'm just waiting for the first press release, like they could even offer stock, Matt, don't you think? Yeah, I mean people around the data center.
Speaker 1: People are complaining already about the water and different things around these centers that are popping on electricity.
Speaker 3: You need electricity to run these things, and who's paying for the electricity? I mean it's like all of a sudden, you know, it's like a Henrietta trace issue. It's like a huge deal to get political. Yeah, yeah, so what else do you have? An Intel?
Speaker 1: So Intel shares have nearly tripled in value so far this year to about one hundred and one dollars as it works on a turnaround of its business. Now it does not actually make those AI specific chips, but data center demand has increased sales, so it's central processing units sales, and Intel's data center segment sored fifty nine percent last quarter, more than double the pace of Intel's overall revenue in the pre market. Intel is down right now, so we'll see what happens. But yeah, I mean on social media, you just see people saying about these community board hearings and different city council hearings. Data center, data center. Not in my backyard. They're popping up a lot of places.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.