Speaker 1: Got the big fellow with me right here. Hey, shout tell everybody taking the truth. You know what it is. Tune in, y'all tuned? Damn wait, dad, can I get on the message that niggas ooned me out the message? Like? Zone me up? What t how you fame me out the message? When I get good? Yeah? Whatever, bitch as that was her bull ship? Yo yo, this nigga, this nigga. Pee. Let's get going, man, yeah, p out of here, man, breakfast, hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on, before we start. You know what I'm saying, everybody to y'all cameras off right career. I got collection money from the room more or less, no way, I am up a sinoe on your dog and we pressed the Indiana game. I had Indiana. Lord. Wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait right hold on. You was gonna call Michael. No, No, he's only came out right with you. You can't say that you now listen. Look, oh man, it's so much grimbling. We need to rewind. No, oh my god, because this is off this is off camera. This is the other thing a church. And if you're in the building church, Yeah, you trying to put on my ship double back city, Man, Fred, can you just collect from all the guys Mari. I'm gonna have Fred church on me how to give it the ticket? Yeah right, he loves doing that. He's the worst guy to play cards with. He'll be like a per You owe me that bread, give it the ticket for the He'll have four guys oh him and there while my ships still in the streets. While my ship still in the streets. Man, let me get that all that bru may y'all get at the ticket And I'm like, what we have my ships in the street. You got that? But low on boy, what you okay? You're going to the curl what you're doing? What you trying to get? You a little what you're trying just for you trying to get that little little going. Huh. You know, I just try to keep the cool. Just don't be putting that color and ship in. That's that why ian ship. You know what I'm saying. That color ain't it? You know? You know what I'm saying. Nigga, we black, nigga, we niggas you hear me. Don't forget that, Lord feel me. Roger's part put on right shout the boom right, I'm almost fifty years old. Man, get your ass shot of her. Man, I'm living life right, you show up. I throw a little green in that mother. Yah, they like it. They like it. I'm good. They like it. Damn them. Oh you you dress it for them? Everything we do is for them. No, yeah, Na, let your hair grow there. No. Oh you did this for y'all is no baby? This for me. Baby. It's a choppling job. About the chopping the job. Let's get this ship that y'all know what it is.
Speaker 2: Take it the truth, man, certain CERTI it's a green summer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we built differently. He ain't watching the games like I'm watching them again outside we're alive. That's when you stopped the production that we go back to w Let's get on board. But what's a lot of shit going on? What it's a lot of shit going on? What's going on right now? Yeah? Man? You know, everybody trip because the boy to get voted in. But think about the nineteen year run, bro, shot to Lebron, Man, you should have got voted in. No, Bro, listen, let me say something.
Speaker 3: Twenty one.
Speaker 1: I get it. I get it, bro, because the Lebron is going to have a farewell tour when he leaves, He's going to be properly respected. All of this for the whole year. Bro, he had a nineteen year run. Bro, What I mean? That's my thing about the All Star Game. I've never been voted in. I felt like I should have been a starter at some some of them. But like it's really about the fans, you know what I'm saying. And you can't tell me that Lebron is still to this day he co No, I'm not saying, not even talking about his play. I'm talking about being voted in as a starter. I didn't been in the league, and I have seen cats get voted in. I was hurt half the year. I've just seen guys that didn't play that got voted in. You can't tell me Lebron ain't still the most popular, polarizing, popular player. So I feel like that was kind of like some behind the scenes just what you can't you're telling me all them guys in front of him are more popular than him more not even say that. Hold on those people who voting, they're probably they're probably about our age, give or take right. That ain't what was voting. The people you you you. You even said you wasn't really interested in Lord. Our generation is exhausted. The new gems. They want to see little mellow out there. They want see the work. They want to see this bag. While he not didn't vote, So what I'm saying is when he wasn't voting in on that one't consistent. Look when I saw Bronni get some motherfucking votes, that told me who was voting. Listen, this is what I'm saying. That's like the two guys that should have been voted in for sure, one hundred percent j M. Bron and Edwards should have been voted in, both of them for just oh yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: Voting is only for the fans only fifty percent now and then's twenty five percent players and then twenty five percent media. So they changed the fan voting.
Speaker 1: They need to take them because there were years where like the media out of it, bro give it to They need to get that ship to the This is a fan fit. This is a fan event.
Speaker 3: But fans of like in years past, like Zaza Pechulia and Yao Ming people are getting voted in like that, like come on.
Speaker 1: Well no, but we run it up. This is a listen. If they got those people voting them in, right, that means more money coming in. Fair, you know what I'm saying. So it don't matter if we're voting for whoever.
Speaker 3: That's mean Danny was top five for fan voting and got.
Speaker 1: A following that means following is great. And now them eyes is gonna be tuned in because of him. That's what the All Star Game about anyway, Man, this is about an end product. Who can you put out on the floor that's gonna be stimulating enough to watch? Yeah? It so if you got that fan that's voted for them to get in, that's what you be in. And man, not getting voted in is crazy word I can believe. I'm trying to understand it though too, because and man, starting, there's international players.
Speaker 3: So a team of eight players are going to be international. And then there's two teams of Americans that eight are eight players each, so twenty four total. So once the voting gets finalized from the East and the West, they'll take all the international players and put them on.
Speaker 1: I just don't like the four man now like three international? What is going on? Listen, listen to me. Let's simplify this. Let's simplify this. What's the gym? Then boys go play up. That's lifetime jam in the summer time where we see all the joints, right, yeah, name all the all stars, name them right, go name them all? Right? Uh, the two sides pick a captain, just like if he if I'm in the West in P and E s right, are y'all probably gonna pick what AI or shot to be? All right? Okay, I'm right. Boom, we picked. Now, let's let's pick up. Let's pick up. Go ahead, go you go first. Let me get up right there on the spot. Boom, boom, jump it up. Well, let's get back to what the fuck were talking about, which is basketball? You feel me like like like when they go to those lifetime gyms or whatever, they go meet up. First off, they get the text, right, show up, boom, We all here and God's pick. Let's let's just get back to the bosom. East West Huh? I like East West? Yeah? But you know what's happening? I feel like, is it me or the vibes? Like the world wants some smoke, The world want to see where they at with playing. That's what it feels like, right, Okay, So let's see let's play that. Where at at the top? Listen, are you watching Wimby Man? Winby don't know nothing? Winby fell out of bounds the other day on some two K ship shooting some ship? I shoot on two K man. At the top, the world is better just at the top they top players is better than our top players. But after that, as an overall, all the way down the line, we're still deeper than the world. But at the smoke we're not gonna have an MVP at an NBA m v P probably in the next ten years. Man from America, you're saying that, think about this ticket? Who is who is our last? Who is our last? Do you know that? Do you know that? Hold on? Hit me up? All right? You know what I don't like most people don't give people the element of growth you're talking about today. You'll you'll know who watching it, You'll know you know what, This may inspire the next person to take his game to another level. That's what I'm saying. You're see guy with uh sprinkles of MVP or yeah, he got the he got the elements to be you know what I'm saying. But then it's a bunch of other stuff. That goes into that. You understand, I get what you said. You said, Influen, absolutely pact to play. Our Americans play compared to how the international players come up into the system of youth basketball, collegiate or whatever to get to where they get to the way they're doing it because they're starting younger and they not. They're not getting bought out there at eleven twelve. We're getting sold over here, becoming a product. Listen, you know what I'm saying. Over there, they doing it off a real grind. Still over there, I guess a real grind in basketball and overseas. You line the motherfuckers up on one on one half the motherfucks can't guard. Okay, it's two shots of the ball, Okay, the MVPs there in the circle and he passing more jokers the exception what he's doing, right, Luca, because they started. What I'm saying is, but you lining the motherfuckers up, man, Americans will destroy any motherfucker you line up. I'm gonna have winby I got winby guard who anybody at the top, one one got it versus the world. Anybody going okay, cool, okay cool, and then okay, offense during the year, during in the summer, in the summer, anywhere. Okay, cool, National player is our best defenders right now. Listen, huh, international player is our best defender in the league right now. I get it, Paul, he's producing and the best offensive player. Who's the best offensive player in the league, best offensive player in the league. Yes, he's gonna win the score. He's one of them. He's not the only thirty the last three years. Okay, then look at that. I got you. I hear what you're saying. I hear your point. My point is saying is that I'm like, boy, it's a bunch of kids that came that's in college. There's a bunch of kids that are young steal that's developing. It's guys that are in there getting ready to go to their prime. Like, no, no, man, it's up for listen, man, this ain't all gonna be international and international guys have brought a bunch of flopping into the game. I can't fucking say. They say every other fucking run up and down, they're saying something to the ref we got all this fly and this shit, man, we won't doing that shit before all that, bro, Like, I get it. It's been some greatness and there's been some weirdness that they that we've taken from that, Bro that I hate that. I hate that narrative. Like since international players are starting younger there, so what they're not putting out a better product? That's what I'm saying. Overall, if y'all so cold and way all y'all at, then you can't put just because you came from the world, don't mean or you fucking come from a you in the league and you came from Lithuania, or you came from wherever you came from. B No, No, make you you know what I'm saying. Ask Luca play both ends, Ask him come down, shoot the three big guard the motherfucking ninety four feet right as much as he gets is making he giving up the same way. So, but that's even taking that shit. This as a whole, based on how the league has went from error to error, is this the erar of Like we could say the defense is now what it used to be. Bro, we're in the era not even they don't have no, they don't even have defensive principles. This is not an era of efficiency, you understand, and when it is efficient, those teams look amazing. You understand. Listen, you have a guy normally Pete, it used to be so much credibility on who was shooting the ball and responsibility to who who could take shots. You may have a guy like do you think they still do a shell drill?
Speaker 2: Bro?
Speaker 1: What I'm saying to you, or what I'm trying to get to, is that that uh intangibles that we cared about. That's what I'm trying to chemistry, he fits. They don't care we did practice together. They don't care if we didn't get shots up together. But well we did because you know what, and helped me understand where you want to pass, where you want to All that shit cared. You know what I'm saying. I don't think I think those things are going. It's just so it looked different, differently looking absolutely, you know what I'm saying. So for us to sit here and say Luca don't play no defense, well it's not. He plays defense, but he's not a good defender. It's not a good defender. But this is he don't need to be because nobody who can defend who's a good defender? Hey, listen, you know what I hate. I hate every other play we come down and it's a pick and roll. I want to see you get in the mix. If I'm nothing the nigga and you that person and yours, let's get it. Let me get off you b boom. Now when I get by, you're gonna drawing the kicking and play making. I'm at the rim, I'm floating, I'm dunking the ball. Bro, we got too much pick and roll. Let me get the miss matching too it. Bro, I don't think God's really good enough to get by their man. Yeah, that's why the pick and roll coming. Oh yeah, I wanted a nasce man. You're in the big man, bro, Man, Man, Man, you hear me right when it's mine o mino. I feeling that. But not every other play with this pick and roll. Yeah, we don't even do They still run plays in the league. I don't see no players. It don't look like plays. Those players don't look like dot listen. I don't see no defensive systems. While we talking about this, it's a great time to go into this. While we are talking about chemistry and how I think the in tangibles mean something. Man, I hate that you do that in my ear. Bro. I can't see New York any other way. Now, well, the Knicks look like that? Is it a problem? And that I told you this few weeks. I told you that I saw it. I told you that I saw it early. What you saw? What you see though? What did you see that made you think that? I mean, I don't really see them dapping up each other. I don't see this life. Yeah, yeah, it ain't. It ain't No, it's it's it's powdering going on out there. I'm looking at all that, you know, I'm looking at it, looking at it from a different perspective. I'm not looking on you. How you playing, how you getting then you then you shooting out there. It's like, oh, this don't look together right here. This don't look right. And it's supposed to be a team that we're saying I could get to the finals. I was like, no, it's a disconnect. It's definitely a disconnect. I've seen it too, you see it, right, I've been I've been watching. It's so and flow, so eb and flow with them. It's like, I don't know, I don't know it's coaching. I don't know if it's between the players. I don't know what it is.
Speaker 3: In their last ten and over that stretch their twenty fifth in offense and twenty sixth in defense.
Speaker 1: So in the last eleven one thing had on they should be a better defensive team. Yeah, because Tims had them defending. Like when you get a new coach and you got to go through a whole other system, and you used to doing certain things a certain way. And you know, because I remember that with me and Doc, you know, I was used to doing the things certain like he come in and he wants me to do this and do this, and now we're over here, we bumping heads. That's what it looked like over there. That's what it looked like. But we was losing and we wasn't even in the playoffs. At least they are a playoff team and they predicted to go to the finals or at least be in the conference finals. So that ain't that ain't cool right there? That ain' ain't supposed to look like that? What Doc had you doing? Year one? Dude, Pete, I don't know he got me. You got to you gotta get out there. I was due. Ain't put your hand up. Your hand up, I was my hand up. You'se a bad leader. No, it was more like swinging the ball pass more swinging who you want me to swinging to me? I'm gonna swing it back to me. I got no shooting. I got all that man ship. I was like, man, some shooting. We had nothing. You said New York got more. They should be a little more. Listen, I'm not giving that. I'm not giving that that excuse. You know why, because these players have been together. Now the coach is new, but we know each other, right, But the coaches is different coaches now, you know what I'm saying. That's what I'm saying. You're doing different coaches now, who're telling you something that you you don't want to hear by he telling you get down on the block and you want to be outside, or you want to be outside, he telling you get down on the block, or he wants you to switch out on the five, and you don't used to do you ain't used to doing that. You know what I'm saying, Little stuff like Showman. Yeah, I'm assuming, but you know it's just to start being like, damn, we don't do that, Yeah I don't. We won like and then when you when you won, like how you was doing yeah, and you get some new instructions. You're like, Man, I don't see the continuity with bruntson and a cat. I don't see the continuity with yeah, with a lot of the guys on that team. Man, when you brought up the Detroit game, I went back and watched the Detroit game, and it feels like when when when Brunsing has it going, everybody kind of like takes to take a step back from that person going when versus trying to implement, you know, your game and whatever you're doing. You know what I'm saying. It just needs to be a little more continuity. And I know this. Teams that want to change something actually get together. They take time out of their own time, they gravitate, and then we talk about solutions. I don't think they like to play with Brunson. I don't know. I don't know if it's that because it's like, dog, you got all these your best player, he's that's their best, is your best, And I don't think they like to play with them because they so inconsistent. When you got guys like Andrew Noble, who's averaged the dove in this league. When you got guys like Michael Bridges, who's averaged the dove and they over here open or need more touches. Hey, hey, take it over to the coach. I'm getting money. I'm the best player out here. High follow right when you followed, Listen when you label somebody on your team the best player. We've also said that we trust you with the ball and your decision making and your bucket getting and your playmaking and that. Right, yeah, right, it's only bad with what I ain't getting the ball or I'm nice too, like like this has been the constant. This ain't really a player issue. If you want some if you want to touch the rock more than you gotta go talk to Mike about you know what I'm saying. Or hey, hey, hey, hey call me a player son to me, like this is what I'm saying. You still got to have a conversation. Yeah, that's all I'm saying. These guys got to get together, man and have a grown conversation, grown man conversation. That's not happening in this league. Like that.
Speaker 3: They just called for a player is only meeting on Monday.
Speaker 1: For one. Yeah, I said that. I saw that. I saw that. Man. Listen, man, this grown man ship. This give a funk about what you think they like, what you think they like? Think about our players only meeting, like you might tell somebody what you ain't feeling like man, Like you know what I'm saying, what you think they player only meetings? Kind of like when like whatever the issue is, that ain't nobody saying publicly because when you get behind closed doors, you see niggas coming in with Tim's niggas tied up, do rags, shirt saft sitting up, no shirt on. Man, you know what tom it is, you know the jungle one. But when you're in the jungle niggas. But but like got that what I'm saying, per the own niggas out here sweating off, Ain't that that ain't this NBA. That's not this NBA. That ain't this NBA. No more the same thing, not today players only meeting. I'm saying for today, the guys gonna take that more personal than we did, Like you know what I'm saying, what you mean, like because they more sensitive, they more they don't like for y'all think about like some stuff might be saying to where you might not talk to this dude the rest of the season. So if that's what we're dealing with. That's what it is. You understand. So listen, let me say what. Tell everybody what happens in players meetings? The real comes out and guess what, it's a couple of people in there that don't want to hear no real ship. This is when you find out what kind of team you got. Guess what happens too. Sometimes you have these players only meetings earlier than usual. This is why when you're playing cards or when you commisay, this is why all that. This is why chemistry, this is why karateie is everything dark because it alleviates all this what if? So what you're thinking of? What you're not saying? Because you know what body I told Pete, Yeah yeah, he said nigga with his body language. I didn't think I heard that. Like its energy says a lot when I don't think that. Don't how I sound that ain't that's that's not about boys. That's not the energy speak. Sometimes you ain't got to say you don't fuck with me your energy you say you don't fuck with me, you know, not dapping me. You know I had an a one not helping me, you know, be little stuff that says things. Yeah, yeah, you know what I'm saying, So I do know when you when you fuss somebody, you go out of your way to help them up. You go out of your way to you know what I'm saying. So I'm watching. That's what I'm saying. That's what anybody. Players only meetings, those things come out, man. Yeah, so like players only meetings, it might be somebody like, hey, your production is now, you're going out too much. You need to chill off from that, or like, dude, look you know you're taking too many shots. Dog, get us involved, like you know what I'm saying, were a better team ship like that as being said and players meeting, and sometimes somebody don't want to hear that, like you need to be a better defensive rebounder for us. Dog, you out here lagging like and that's holding everybody accountable. And that's some real ship. And they gonna fire ship back at you, like, well you need you need to I'm saying, no picks, no more. You start practicing. I'm seeing you out all the time, Like this might be just some like if we lose and start tapping into you, it might not be all basketball and the players we all basketball, they might be like Dog, there might be some other bulls ship that we don't know that. Yeah, got going on church and career. That's what the players only mean, and the players only meaning. Oh, like we had one Like it was like we the old gs. We wasn't hanging with the youngsters. No more like there was a problem we had the players. We had to sit on the plane and talk about it and stuff, and we was like the reason why we wasn't it wasn't even basketball.
Speaker 3: That was personal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was some personal So we had like that. When we didn't, we stopped kicking it with the old youngster just the youngster was just doing young ship. Yeah, they was doing young ship and that. But you know what I'm saying, I was like, we're not on that. They were doing young ship, young ship. We didn't play the audience. So so so the young boys react first, Okay, their reactor. So if something happened, they're reacting. Paul Ray and I posey when something happens, we're actually gonna think salute. You know, we got a whole way we do everything. And when we go eat over here, they don't like they burgers. Did we We like this? So we found the three four of us even poss kind of on his own. But we found what we did it wasn't, you know, conducing what they did. So you know, we focused on that. Man. We had to have a whole meeting about that. Yeah, man, bro, we see y'all out chilling. You know, we don't see man, y'all went to them all. Y'all left us. Bro, y'all don't go to fifts. We saw y'all over it. Uh yeah, y'all was there. I'm saying, what do you want us to sing? We went to fifts. We saw y'all across the street at the other on the wet going to the wall. There's too much drama over there. So that's what I'm saying. Our young boys is young. You know what I'm saying. They doing young ship. We're a little older. We you know established we're doing. It's like a meeting about it. We have to like man like y'all. Don't y'all y'all doing that. Like man, we have to have a whole meeting, real meeting, church like real ship, like a stylish time. Hey, I ain't gonna be able to make that. I got a meeting, so what's going on? Hey? Man? And then all of a sudden, the room was sitting over there and the three of us sitting over here, like, what's going on? Hey man? And then yeah, niggas had rope ship down, had had a speech and yeah being dead ass and with the doc game advice on how to come to us. I was like, but those meetings brought us together and it helped us understand. Oh ship we we was worried about up. We gotta worry about the youngest got to meet in the middle somehow, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, but we had a young, wild ass young youngest too. Man, you know what I say. Some of that ship we were like, nah, y'all, Wow. Players meeting that need to that ain't talked about a lot. They need those players meetings should be a little more. But just like what comes out of them, like when we're telling people people like as a fan, when you when you read on the internet, you'd be like, yeah, the Knicks had of player meeting and so as a fan, your assumption is they're just trying to get their basketball, but you have it. It could not be basketball, It's be something just about who you are for real. So I've been in player meetings where niggas want to hit the shower and had to fade for about thirty seconds and it was controlled. You have those at least it's ninety ninety five, bro Well, players meetings where the coaches ain't allowed to hear you got no coaches, no no coaches in here, no coaches, just the guy. And now I came into players meeting where you you check the energy sit a niggas. He ain't got no shirt on ship, got on tails, they got them tied up. You know what I'm saying, Like, yeah, you know the jungle. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Going back to your point about bruntson uh O G with kel Bridges and towns, all of their shot. Their touches are down this year compared to last year. Brunson's up this year. So I don't know if that's something, but that's something you're just looking talking.
Speaker 1: They're not feeling that and losing especially not feeling and you lose it. That's not on him, though, bro, but yeah it is you. They brought these pieces over here to help, they did you not you're not utilizing these pieces, like you don't have to be the dog, you don't have to be the guy. Every night ticket. I think he gotta realize that the guy if if I think I'm the guy, and who won't be the guy? But about this, if I think I'm the guy, the dogs on your team, that could be the I don't know if they don't show up. What you used to tell me, man, I gotta I gotta make sure I'm ready to play. Like that's that's some mentally stuff. But like as on the court, it might be your night, it might be right now, it might be the house night. I don't have to be our leading scorer every night, because I understood, I got dogs over here. Okay, until they show that you initiate by getting less shots. That's Mike Brown. It's not on brushing listen and brushing in. It's money that thought. Because you're the best player, you're an extension of the coach. Hey, and you're the point guard. Don't say that to me because I know how you think. You can't say that what you mean, because I know how you think. When it comes to that, the point guard is an extension of the couple years. But Brunton is also the first of the attack. That's what That's how the Knicks are built. So if if towns. If it's a situation where Towns is denied and Mikhail Bridges is denied, that means I got one on one. That means I'm working. If I scored that three four times in the row. What are we doing if I actually let us in scoring and let us do with the charge and here thene calling all the place for car here and calling all the places for Michael or og and then it's rebound this other ways to go. If you're not, it's not all on brunts, is what I'm saying. Mike, Mike Brown, step up and you're the leader, if you're the best player, you gotta have some sort of responsibility to getting what. You gotta get torn off, you gotta get stick off, you gotta get bat You gotta understand fucking way. Lord, you ain't doing that. Lord, you just told me. You told Perk the remail on the ball like you shot them mother when he was open. We know we wasn't going through a losing stretch. Lord, don't matter, because that was because that was working, was working, that was working at the time. Okay, So brus, come down. I was over what you mean losing though they lose, I get you I hear it. That's what that's this, This has been here and now just amplify because the losing has happened. That's really not that exactly. When we weren't talking like this when they want to fucking the Image Cup, they weren't playing like this when we show them in the Imorage Cup, we thought they was getting ready to God damn, you feel me? But now why is there disconnect? And who as a leader, as the best player, as a coach have to somebody got to be a leader and put big boy pants on shave. That's exactly that's what I'm saying. He got to acknowledge it and be like and they got to be in the room like daw you gotta get us more involved, we can help like it's I mean, they got probably the best starting five in the Eastern Conference when you look at them, they built to go out distance in the East and right now for them to be losing to a team like Dallas by thirtieth a half tripp like man, we might it's it's gotta be damn near be. You gotta be in there pissed like this is our this is our window. The Celtics is dealing with injuries, they still balling. But look, this is the window right now, Milwaukee Gianni's we ain't got to worry about him because they looking like inferior and b they looking the steps slow. This is the window. Somebody got to be in there pissed, like, come on, doll, let's go. Man, goddamn, this is the year. If we don't do it this year, the ship change every year. That's not That's not this league. That's what I'm trying to tell you. When you talk about the beards and the no deutterant, no shit shave or babe till they see better days, they ain't doing that ever. That's what I'm saying. That's the problem. Yep. He you know what's gonna be so so Brunston has to come in here and talk about like, I mean, really, nobody there raising they voice. I'm not inspired and I'm gonna keep doing the same shit I'm doing standing in this goddamn corner. M Somebody gotta raise their voice in that me. Somebody got to show me some passion. Somebody got to get pissed in their leadership. If it's just pure just man, you know, just if that we're not going nowhere. And you know that. I think Mike Brown gonna step in and actually, you know, because you can't be all you know not, I think Initi League leaders really stand out. And yeah, this when you find out who's the leader on the team, because it's up to the next they can actually turn this around. Yeah, for sure they have the not only the ability, but they got the talent to do that. But I can tell there's some leadership over there for the Celtics when everybody had them writing them off playing maybe not make the playoffs. I could tell some leadership over there. They're like, Nigga, we don't care who out here. We we we we we're the team. We just we a year removed from winning it all and we dipped the energy. We don't give a damn about all that we out here. Still they ain't counting us out. I can tell us some leadership in that locker room. See he's over that thing and that man Tatum. Without Tatum, they could come out the East.
Speaker 3: But did you see the other day Celtics had to open work out with Tatum that they invited the media. Usually when they do that, that's saying, hey, this guy's kind of getting ready to get back.
Speaker 1: Into Michelle to Jackson Tatum and he's ahead of schedule. Man, he's been quietly just doing his one two. The Celtics are just you know, under the radar, wins, getting better, developing guys, guys, getting time, guys expo. Man. Sometimes, Man, getting on the floor is hard to be able to be in those positions, to playing those positions. Man. The fact that they get to get this experience while he out and then guess what Tatum doing, Man, he get to see the game from another perspective. When you hurt, Man, you get to see so much. The game is slowing down. You see things, You see things how you would do it. You know what I'm saying, Like, he Man, I should go up absolutely, absolutely absolutely, And he's asked some questions. He's hearing what the coaches are talking about, so you hear kind of continuity. Yeah, that's what I learned when I was out seeing stuff that I didn't see when I was in it. So when I got back in it, I adjusted to what was going on. I was just like, damn, I could have been doing that. He can help if I get him. Like, you really learn the game and when you start watching when you're in it. You don't really see its like you see stuff, but you see way more when you when you're dealing with injury and you just watching. I don't know that. I don't get talked about, you know what I'm saying Like I'm looking like, all right, you learn so much when you heart, it makes it makes you more patient. Definitely made me a better offensive player. But believe it or not, because I was letting. It's almost like the fighting theory. You know, you it moves, you know, the fakes and all that thing is to react right sometimes not being not letting things occur. I was going too fast. I wasn't, you know what I'm saying. So I learned that from actually watching paul A Lot in one on ones. He would and then and then get right to it, you know, straight up. You know That's why I've always say, man, around great IQ and great other basketball players, Man, you're gonna pick it. You're gonna grab something for sure.
Speaker 3: The question I have for you guys, though, Tatum, we don't know is timetable and he's gonna come back, but most likely come back the season. Jalen Brown's not the best year of his career. He's averaging thirty is an MVP candidate. How do you kind of integrate Tatum back into that while not like kind of pushing back what Brown has contributed so far this year.
Speaker 1: Well, like, like we said, Ben, now you should look and be like, man, you know, if Tatum were to come back this year, he gotta be like looking, I can't be the same Tatum last year or the year before that. If I come back this year, I'm seeing the dynamic of the team. I'm gonna have to take a step back because what Brown doing with the team right now is effective. How can I blend into that to make it even more effective without stepping on what we got going right now as a team. And I think he's analyzing all of that, like, all right, I don't need to do all this like I did before. I can really help the team if I defend and let less of this and more of this, you know what I'm saying. So I think he really have a chance to really look at that and say, all right, how can I just be an asset to what we already got? Because what we already got right now is working. So I don't want to take away from that. I want to implement what I got, but still keep the essence of what the team is doing on both ends of the court. We call that falling in same thing. Like I think he's sitting over there seeing where he can actually go rebounding, you know, like off the ball, off the ball, being able to hold. Yeah, see he swing swing, swinge like yeah. Like I say when we talk, IQ is so much different things you picking up. It could be real small things. Oh man, I can post him, or if it switched like that, slid into the mid post, like, it'd be litle stuff like this. You know, he may see and exhaust enough dribbles, he may see anything. But what I'm saying is to the betterment of what he has to do. Man. But like Paul said, I'm gonna concur with you. Man, he coming back following the floor what's working would be probably the best out. Yeah, you know, and then look at it like you have a player coming off the bench, you know, at his magnitude that can spot up. You know, you let everything do what it's doing. And then too, it's helping Jake Brown understand leadership. You know, they lost a lot. You know. One of the things Paul and I talked about when they lost Holiday and Porzingis there's a lot of veteran leadership our Horford when they lost those guys, those was the guys that we talked about in those locker rooms, right saying A, B and C. You know. So this is the progression of development, not just from a physical and performance, but from a you know, being you know, the constant every night. Understand the priority of being the constant, being the number one option. You know what I'm saying, Like, man, bro, will you the number one option? You feel it every night? Feel me like defenses are your top of the board. You know what I'm saying. So you gotta be on building what you are and what you bring it to the table. So shout shout to all of it. Man, the Celtics are inadvertently got put in a position where it actually has helped the development mentally and physically. Like Jay Browns had to carry these guys, you know what I'm saying. So you know seeing that knowing he gonna get his get his his man, his man back on. Man, this this is the man. Then guess what when when JT come back? You know what kind of Joe that's gonna be for everybody? Man, in the layup line. Lord, back down him. Lord, But it's to be practical to feel like with JT or without JT, they feel like they can't come out of the No, no, no, I'm just trying to because I mean, yeah, and then you add him, man, that's what I'm saying. They already they come out of the East. Bro.
Speaker 3: He's the top five player in the NBA last year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I'm saying. He But I think if he's to come back, he would have to take a step back, like you know, like and by meaning that based on West Brown doing and they winning, like we don't like, he don't probably have to be on the ball as much, you know, where can he find a fine line from being on the ball and all the ball to where you know, everything works for everybody. But that's get that's gonna make the East interesting because if he comes back with the way the Celtics are already playing, I'm looking like, oh, I don't know, I don't know about Detroit. I mean, and then you see how they played Detroit the other night. They only lost by one. I don't know if I if I'm hear I take a step back, I'll flow with what flows. But when he you know, as he gets more games, it's more comfortable. Yeah, when he gets thirty games under him, he can playoffs. Yeah, you know what I'm saying. You know, now I feel a lot more comfortable when I see J JB. You know. Okay, you know what I'm saying. Throwing them out there, I would say to be more cautious. Right, but once you start getting games under your belt, I think you know what I'm saying, you start to alleviate some of that. Right, Let's get it, Nate, Yes, sir, let's get these picks. Hey, I'm up to right, what's what's the records?
Speaker 3: Standing's update you guys? Are you guys are deadlocked?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 3: And seven?
Speaker 1: Now that's what I talk. That's what I thought. That's on me, Sat, No, that's what I thought. That's what I thought. Yeah, yeah, yeah, no, No, that's what I thought. I do. I do. I called it, I do, I called him, I do.
Speaker 3: All right, let's do some NFL tickets because we got the conference championship games this week.
Speaker 1: You know, you know I'm.
Speaker 3: With yeah, man, all right? So first up, we got Matt Stafford passing yards two hundred and fifty five point five more or less Matt Stafford against.
Speaker 1: Thee again, Nate, see it again.
Speaker 3: It's two hundred and fifty five point five passing yards more or less for Matthew Stafford.
Speaker 1: That would go less more. We're gonna be gunning that down. You can't stop pooka pooker average in one hundred yards. The guy hitting it, Peoka pooka hurt man, pooka up to the up to the Adams. Oh my god, I'll come up to the nest. What Seattle? What kind of bird is that? You ain't never seen the seahawk? Can you finish it? The sea? How finished sea? You finished sea hawk? Sea hawk?
Speaker 3: So you got more? You got less?
Speaker 1: But look at less.
Speaker 3: Let's look at Sam Donald. His last yards are two thirty five point five more or less.
Speaker 1: He definitely gonna get a picky, definitely go get I'm gonna bet that how much damn point hating the room.
Speaker 3: Wow, there is point five interceptions for Sam Donald.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm going more. Wow, look on Passionate, I'm definitely taking that through six interceptions lor Wow. Because our defense, he's gonna he gonna like our defense, our defense, you're more more. He might throw three.
Speaker 3: Picks, all right, so you got it, you gotta pick, and then you got less on his two hundred and thirty five. I got yards, take it? What about you?
Speaker 1: He's shaky versus we're gonna mc veiga play together.
Speaker 3: They play him last year in the playoffs with the Vikings, and they sacked about last year.
Speaker 1: Say Donald, let's get it, no, Sam, Donald, ben kill. He got that receiver over what he was talking about. Let's get it. That receiver lit and I'm taking the Seahawks war. That's crazy, all right.
Speaker 3: So let's look at the AFC now, and let's look at Drake May his passing yards.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Drake getting money. No, I'm gonna go less on that one. Okay. In Denver they got defense, they do, and I feel like they're gonna bust out to a league to where they're gonna be running the ball a lot, because they're gonna beat Denver. I just think they're gonna catch the lead early, and they should be burning clock. They're gonna be burning clock a lot. They should beat Denver without no bow knicks. That's gonna be tough money. It's gonna be tough, okay.
Speaker 3: And then Jared Stidham is starting for the Broncos. He hasn't played a game in two years, and he's in the AFC Championship, so his yards are ninety two point five.
Speaker 1: This could be like when one boy, remember what was that? Was that Carson wentz that for Philly. Nick Foles came in.
Speaker 3: About this the other day and I know something about against playing the paige as a backup.
Speaker 1: As a backup, and he went on to win the Super Bowl. Put your life on it? Then, yeah, right, I ain't gonna do that, right, five more or less, I'm less playing in two years on the You know what we've been doing in the basement. You could have been getting you know what I'm saying, could have been down there working on this three stop drop down there. You know what I'm saying. Nah, this is the You ain't going? What about the five stop drop stopped? What about the AFC Championship? Right for the car? For the money? Right? He can't get it in two years? Man? Then that ain't I mean, that's crazy. No, I ain't going. You ain't going. I ain't going. This ain't no knock on. I don't even know who he is, but you just ain't gonna be just coming out coming off the couch in the AFC Championship game. Think basement. Then they say the couch came out the basement, the couch in the basement. Roomors in the basement. Man in the basement, you can throw a fifty yard pass in the basement. No, no, it ain't in his Basement's gonna hit the thing in the basementlow the roofs. This is his basement. Now you know, no, I ain't going He got room in the basement. He how long ticket? You don't even know this dude the basement. How long he's been I'm hearing the story. He came off the basement. I know it's in the basement, in the basement long he's been in the NFL.
Speaker 3: Has been in the league for a minute, Let me a minute.
Speaker 1: Been in the basement, man.
Speaker 3: Been in the league since twenty nineteen.
Speaker 1: Twenty nineteen, six years. Ain't played in two, played in two and you're twenty nine and been in the basement. This is your window right here, coming off the basement. If he get them to the time, if you can come out of the basement, you get this win. He gonna Man, that's gonna be. That's gonna be this is gonna be legendary. But I don't I don't buy it. I don't buy it.
Speaker 3: Put you guys are both less On his last.
Speaker 1: He might as well let me be quarterback ship get back there, he said, hen on something I've dunk on somebody else. I swear those are the take pics of the week. Yeah, yeah, and those are the true picks of the week.
Speaker 3: Another team that's playing pretty well right now is the Los Angeles Clippers. I feel like a month ago we kind of wrote them off. They're thirteen and two in their last fifteen games.
Speaker 1: They should have an All Star.
Speaker 3: So that was one question I have. But the other thing is like, what's the main kind of instant of their turnaround? Like what are you seeing that made them kind of flip their season completely?
Speaker 1: In a one eighty energy? They're playing both ends with a great amount of energy, just being frank. Kawhi, Kawai is available, Kawhi is Kawhi. Kawhi showed up and shoulders. Hey man, y'all forgot that I was Kawhi. Hold on, let me get let me get y'all fifty ball and this right here, one at the buzzer and it just seems like they're more passionate. You know, you know, I think media beats up James Harden a little bit. But he's been the constant, man, He's been the constant the whole year. He's actually kept them afloat when you know, when when the claw was out. I'm not sure if they get an All Star. I mean, I like what they've been doing well. I mean they turned to the round, bro. It wasn't it wasn't over till it was over. It ain't even over and over you know everybody now and then he's dealing with knee sort of.
Speaker 3: So they set him home on a road trip, which is never a good sign.
Speaker 1: Concern what we're doing. That's a that's a concern right there. Knee sorts then't going you don't even go on the road trip, sent them home, so that's a concern. Right, James Harden should make All Star man, it's in their building to James Harden should make All Star. Bro, he should a clipper fuck was probably tineding on baby, you know what I'm saying. And he's been consistent, he's I mean, is this about do you get rewarded by seeming successful more?
Speaker 3: Well, they have it now more well.
Speaker 1: Our overall, the Clippers overall record is nineteen and twenty four more. And then you got Portland, who's five hundred who nobody thought. People thought Portland will be nineteen and twenty four when they got that kid. Uh, I mean it's the kid from Portland. The kid from Portland. It's a thousand kids. There's only one that place. From Danny kidding me, Danny boy, Yeah, talking about we're talking. Yeah, they got grand up there. They gotta who's their best player. That's what I'm talking about. If I said, if I said the Memphis Grizzlies, you know that guy at Memphis, the guy we're gonna say Joe Right, come on, you guys, come on, get it together, get it together, guys. Star last week, Danny obvious should be an All Star.
Speaker 3: Now you're saying that.
Speaker 1: If you're saying James Harden, I'm saying him right. They gotta nobody expected them.
Speaker 3: So now that we're talking, let's just do the reserves then from the west.
Speaker 1: Service from the west, from the west, all right, So from the West, I gotta go lebron K d book and man, are you looking at the list now? I'm looking at the teams. Okay, so I can get helped me with the teams out there. Uh and man Avia? Is that is that? Two more Sangoon? Yeah? And uh and Jamal Murray. Hey, that's solid. Oh no, that's not it. I messed up. I messed out totally. I'm a racist. So my seven is checked. He has to get in two All Stars with uh Murray, k D bron Book, ant Man Greene. I don't know if I can take two from Danny Boy, I'll take I would rather take s Goon. You just said, Danny Boy, No he can't. Two from Houston.
Speaker 3: From K two from l A and two from Denver.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, yeah, I mean sant Goon dog. He's been killing you. Take him over, Danny boy. Yeah, he's Zan Goon was on the winning team Top four. He edges him out. He got to wait till next year. He's still sorry. Greene, Yeah, no, brother, non gueni.
Speaker 3: Danny's twenty six seven and in there. So yeah, who are yours?
Speaker 1: Take me Danny boy? Yeah, give me Ma Mal Murray the first time got to get in an ant Man and Man Ron Ron book KD KD book. That's eleven one more hitting Goon or him. That's what chat. You don't have chat. You don't have a chat. Check gotta go. So no Clippers then no Clippers. Sorry guys.
Speaker 3: Guy ship it's tough when you do it this way.
Speaker 1: Shah, That's what I'm saying. This son, I told you is the team so you can know. So you know who the man you know really balling and nobody talking about man who cracking Dylan Gordon man man, Aaron Gordon balling. He just he was hurt though, so what when he plays he balls? I'm talking about balls off check check. Guy. To get in, you gotta get to the Oklahoma. You gotta get to it.
Speaker 3: You gotta get any other team gets to like they deserve.
Speaker 1: Murrying it's going they getting too, yeah, and Lakers getting too and then and the Houston getting to Houston is not getting too. So sat Goon's what they say. Which one is not making it? That's getting to Lakers is getting to right Lakers and Lakers is getting to so Houston getting to Houston is.
Speaker 3: Not getting to sant Gouone's twenty nine.
Speaker 1: Hey sounds good, brother, gonna make it. Listen, No, it's Cigars League. James Harden Man's in Amen's in. Amen's definitely in. I'm talking about James Harden and Danny Boyo in Greenie's out. Ye, this would be a little more simple.
Speaker 3: We'll see. But there's I gotta listen, like twelve guys here that could be all stars everybody.
Speaker 1: For sure, you got stop kissing, so for sure, I don't know how to do this. Damn So you got the five, so for sure you're gonna have cat towns. Uh you should have Uh, Scottie Barnes. I think I got Scotty bars on the Ingram? What should come from the Raptors? Bro two should come from the Raptors. I gotta get out of here. Ain't nobody playing better than motherfucking Ingram and Barnes? Of course?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: Mitchell who Mitchell? He's in the So that's three Jayalen Johnson, Yes he's in. That's uh. And then you got uh, Now it's tough. Do you take two? Jayalen Duran the.
Speaker 3: First place we just did that, Kat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, k Duran? Uh embed in No in b Powlo is he in? Nobody from Orlando? Damn Polo is in?
Speaker 3: They gonna putj Norm Powell.
Speaker 1: Those are a couple of ton and then I gotta go probably Norman Powell.
Speaker 3: Max Max is the starter ticket.
Speaker 1: No no, no, hold on, hold on, I'm talking about and b might be in. They may take two from Philly, That's what I'm saying. They might take too. Not taking them from Charlotte. You're not taking nothing from just one from Atlanta, from from Chicago. Nothing, nothing giddy done. Even hurt. Damn, he's been hurt.
Speaker 3: He's nineteen nine and nine and hurt.
Speaker 1: He's he got to Still Polo is in there. Polo is definitely in or Bang. Polo is in ban. I wanted a couple of games from Yeah, I know, even a black kid needs to be in something.
Speaker 3: Bro, he's on the crackers cracking.
Speaker 1: What's the Anthony Black? What's the Anthony Black? And shout the Anthony Black? Dumpthing like eight niggas one game, Bro, that dude that you're talking about, that boy from Utah Keeling. Yeah, man, the young game man. Niggas can wait they chain well mask man, right, the game may the cracking game.
Speaker 3: So easter we do we finalize our.
Speaker 1: Okay, so the seven is towns during Man, I almost want to take two from the Celtics.
Speaker 3: Maybe White the list.
Speaker 1: Maybe White bro Ei think he deserved it. Scottie Barnes, Paolo Mitchell and I have to go uh bam out of byo. You tripping Ingram, Jaylon Johnson. No, that's my seven, all right, so take it? What about you? Man? Give me Ingram Barnes and two from there, two of their fourth in the east. It wasn't even ship. Nobody had them in no kind of nothing, nothing. Okay, So we're gonna reward the raptors. Get them two, right, take Toronto. I'm taking literally, shout to the six Oh hey, shout to the sixth though, right, take it home. That's I'm I'm a dot to putting beat in there. I need some bigs in here and b Jaylen Johnson taking LaMelo LaMelo, I'm taking lamello.
Speaker 3: You got to you got two more?
Speaker 1: Now give me Donovan m h and Paolo because I need okay, So no, okay, no dur.
Speaker 3: No during or cat or cat I put them.
Speaker 1: I didn't put them in there now or they don't listen to me, man, I ain't really doing really, we don't do this. We got enough tapment. God damn, this is my take. It's tough, no, but this is my take, I've said this for you. You gotta put it. Should be fifteen All Stars on this team. How many is that? Twelve? Twelve, twelve. There's fifteen players on each roster in the NBA. You can rotate. You should have fifteen all Stars. You can have three starting five. You can just rotate the fire people that probably should be in. Man, that's tough. You can three more All Stars.
Speaker 3: I mean, Jamal Murry has never been an All Star. Yeah, and then you brought this up. A couple of weeks ago. normOn Power missed out on an All Star slot and then Bron just a day before said hey, I'm not gonna play. Yeah, So that.
Speaker 1: Made it to say that that was last year.
Speaker 3: Last year Bron said he was sitting out like two days before the All Star Game, and Norman Powell was like, yeah on the Clippers Sunday, the snubs every year. I mean there's years you guys probably didn't make it that you felt like, Yo, why did I make it?
Speaker 1: Hey? I know the game. I know the game we played, So you know what I'm saying. When it come to that, I already know what time it is. And then this this NBA we are in is a whole new NBA. This this, this, this is nothing like when we played Yo. You know, there's so much attention to's so much media coverage over these four or five days over NBA, y'all star, Like you can get so much done. You know, things that would probably take you two three years, you can you can magnify that within a weekend. You know what I'm saying. So yeah, we're total in a different NBA.
Speaker 3: Dake, And I want to show you something. You post this on your Instagram a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 1: You remember this?
Speaker 3: Okay, so this guy reached.
Speaker 4: Out, kid got some dope part where this kid from oh ship get the funk out of here the ship.
Speaker 3: There's a nice little note on the back.
Speaker 1: Who would have known the same? Let me see the host, damn pe look at this, damn shout out to the guard man landing shot the land and I appreciate this. I appreciate this bro, this hard bro damn this hardest ship, heavy offul oh man. Who would have known the what is this? A? Uh? Artist? Is this it's hard man? You wash your hands? Man, man, it's plaid. I'm trying to see if it was like a it looked like a little carpeting material. But that's all pain.
Speaker 3: It's just a print.
Speaker 1: It's a print. You rub it too hard, too dark. You know what I'm saying. And your hands ain't washed. You wash your hands? Bro? How often did you wash your hands? I washed my hands. I came in here right well, I make a shower for I can't hear that's the same thing. Are you digging your nose when you came you nasty? Who would have known the same words you screamed out into the world post Game two eight finals would be forever the inspiring many young black men around the world to become the greatest. Wow, it's Kevin Gona the big ticket. I appreciate your landing. Thank you, brother, real talk this this fire ship. A big fan of your work, man, Real Ship. He checked this out. But it's hard, man, Yeah, my man, truth. Need you want landed? Real ship? It's hard, damn Thank you, brother, Real Ship. We've got the CEO case building, Oh ship, Get the fuck out of here. Say what hurt? We got Kate Swiss in the building, Oh ship. I gotta shout out FA the Kse Swift. If I showed him this back, I still got my a U K Swiss bag. Oh ship, you know you know stamping groove. Look yeah, coming out the guys. Hey you don't know Will's willis sponsored by Case. He knows. I coach. Everybody know all that. Straight up this I till he got out the inglewood. Shout to Kse Swiss, center bind Swiss. Yeah this look at this. Shout to center Bun, shout the le wood. What you got the split right? Look look this need this. You gotta see b D. We got pros on the team. Look in there. Let me see here where all all right? So I'll tell you. Yeah, there's milk. Yeah, there's milk right there. Oh ship, we all playing, We played all of this. This is bean b D backcourt. Kate Swiss off stard dang, look Kate Swiss, this is this is, this is, this is, this is this is way younger before. This is like junior high right here. This is yeah yeah, this was like junior high. I gotta get that picture from you. Yeah yeah, yeah, that was all us. No doubt that came and saw me. Yes, some ship, he was JESU. That's sick and he he hit me. It was like, yo, I got a little program. We got a lot of bread. But you know, YadA YadA, YadA, Man, this is my childhood right here, This is my childhood right here. I'm telling you I wore these every day to school. I wore these every and then they made the They made the we had the n low time we had. The ran ones were hooped in. Man. Man, we was lit. You couldn't tell us ship what Yeah? Yeah, the Black Jones go and everything go and everything. Jesus classic Swiss for this, man, I appreciate you all. Jesus class dog brought back some memories with these joints. Ain't no lie. I gotta get that picture. Paul had me in the Foxhill Mall with these joints in the West Coast and for roofs. Yeah, you know what I'm talking about. I wore these all. I wore these all through high school. That's running through Fox Hill all in these. You know what I'm saying, getting cinner bonds and ship trying got pictures of me in high school girls, get Yeah, I gotta get these these. I'm back on these. For showing back on these, I swear to you make look man, man, I'm man shout to Kate Swiss and we got some jigging shoes.
Speaker 3: It's a pitt cruise ship.
Speaker 1: I could wear these to the gym. You're not gonna wear no pit man.
Speaker 3: Stop hiking shoes.
Speaker 1: Last, no, ye, gotta work out my work glass race car shoes. Man, put a jog on the trap. Man, I do lunges. These just look like they got good. Good support. You taking the man out of inglewood. You can take he got the ring back something. I gotta get that workout in some racing shoes. This is man, there's no such thing. Listen, man, I know you're going to Kansas, right, so I gotta get you right. This is from our guys and Ruster fight. Shout to our boy Jess. Who making happen? Okay, what they gott Kansas? Right? He open all this up? Damn? What all this up? How they they got all this Kansas gear? Oh yeah, we all care. We gotta have you right going in there. God, you got your k I got a k You jacket that I had since when I played there. They will not the still. You gotta have the still. You know what I'm saying, not to steal still. I gotta get the truth. I gotta get you these pictures huh.
Speaker 3: We gotta get you.
Speaker 1: Gotta get you those pictures. Get your line mane man, we need to get the truth joint. I gotta get you. I gotta get you these pictures. I got a picture with Will in the locker room. He came and talked to us. What great. Yeah, yeah, I gotta I got that picture. Day. You gonna hit your ship man.
Speaker 5: Why you get y'all ass boy, shout to my dog a j fin the coming in and shake that motherfuck up boy, y'all ready, y'all ready, Pete, you'll ready for the b Why you shake up to come in and shake this motherfucker up boy?
Speaker 1: You know the young boy coming. Huh Hey, listen, you know what my record was at Kansas. I ain't talking about your record's okay, go ahead, what's your record at Cans? Get off? It was like I think forty eight and oh and when I go back out there, it's gonna be forty nine and oh, I'm like forty eight. No, in that build, I ain't never lost it. I don't know what that feels like in that building. Well, you ain't coming in there. It was boom boom boom, raw y'all yeah, right, I know it's coming. We get to get to look at it.
Speaker 3: So your college career just overall, not in Kansas ninety four.
Speaker 1: And eleven, Yeah, ninety four and eleven eleven, three years, I averaged three losses, three three and a half losses. He's coming there, Pope, No, no, you know what though, eleven games in three years.
Speaker 3: Shout out to fight.
Speaker 1: That's shout up, fight man, Thanks you lay your boy. I can't wait repend Ku and will over there when I get back to Ku in a couple of weeks. Man, it's gonna be dope. You gotta take the camera, Pete, take the camel. This this this is rated R just rated PG. Which one we go? You going this, Paul, You're going to truth. I'm I'm taking this is my first time back in that building in over ten years. I'm bringing my oldest daughter. So I'm gonna just kind of walk on the campus, go to practice and just you know, you finish your prianna. Well here, y'allays have my apartment over here that I don't show that the apartment here, you know, to walk all of that though, Man, it's gonna be it's gonna be dope. It's gonna be dope full circle Pete. Yeah, yeah, oh actually I went back. No, actually it was it's been a minute since I've been back. The home court Allen Field House, Yeah, home of the Fog. They call it home of the fall. I'm telling you, yo, like uh to you never been there? Right, So, like when you walk into this building, it's it's got so much tradition, it's really like probably like it'll get I don't know if you, I don't even know how to explain it. But for me, NBA Turms, it would be the Boston Garden of College because it's just like you look up on how it's built and look old inside, but the floor spank, and then you got the bleachers and then when you talk about like they got the sign at the top that say beware of the fog and so farg p h O G fog Allen it's named Allen Field House. The building was named after Allan Allan Fogg and so it say beware of the fog. It was it's almost like how they say the Ghost of Celtic Path. It's like sorry, beware of the fog. And then you got the banners, you got the former players numbers up. When I tell you, it gets so loud. I remember we didn't rally. We didn't rally back. I remember we played U c L a after year after they won the national championship. They came in the it was beating the ship out of us. Dog. I think it was up almost a dub man when I tell you we rallied so bad and that might have been allowed us. I ever heard our gym? Like if I replace some of that on YouTube, like some of them games dick By tailor there's, Man, what you gonna feel when you talk about the energy of a building being a real six man, it's it's and then when you get there, you get to the game as a player, you know, or you just like say, like the game on Saturday, big, Like this game, big game on Saturday. I'm going to class on Thursday. Then I go to UH to practice that Thursday. It's gonna be kids, it's gonna be students out there camped out because they want to be the first ones in there, camped out, sleeping, have their campus. So what's the energy like during campigga high five? And you like they like, yeah, they're real, like they fans you like you in the league, like you in the league. You in class, you might be saying, yeah, like I'm on campus, Like damn, tickets is hard to come by. So like you the star out there, because it ain't no NBA. It's the Kansas City Chiefs and the Jayhawks. Yeah, no, bullshit. You know when I was there, it was number one in the nation there, no hell no brself we got two national championships. He got he tired. Listen, man, you got to you you you you put on your own them coaches like they quit on their own were Yeah. He he up there with cal and Yeah.
Speaker 3: He's been there twenty three years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's been there. Buffalo one game, you fire a Buffalo, ain't one nothing a Nate. Ain't nobody want ship Kansas. What you're talking about to Chips.
Speaker 3: James Nate Smith, the guy credited with inventing.
Speaker 1: Basketball, James Nate Smith.
Speaker 3: He was the athletic director and a coach and a professor at KU.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the history of a lot of basketball history there. You know what I'm saying. I got a Nate Smith room. Yeah sure, yeah, Nate Smith. Yeah, of course, of course. Yeah, they definitely probably got a nice smith room there is it's the Athletic Department. That's the building. That's the name of that building. Yep, where the gyp room with all the trophies. We all displayed all the trophies and ship I got in there. I told you I have been there. Lord, you gotta go back and put some push, some push, some boost on ground, bro. Not just yeah yeah you built this ship, bro. I mean now they got Jack von as assistant Collage, so now you know. And then one of my one of my d I used to Jock Vond was like King Rice, I'm talking history now. So if y'all know what I'm saying, I'm saying he used to come down, do some goop ship and do this. What is this? What the fuck is this? So in Kansas, Uh, it's so loud and there you got defensive signals like so we know what we're in when we come down. So this is like so he put this up we in man zong two fist meant something, two hands out man something. You know what I'm saying. So that's why you always seen him because he was no, no, it was a defensive signal every time. Yeah, was in basic man right here, like but he'll do something. But like it's so loud you can't hear you know how you call out the coverage like naw, you got to give us the signal after every you know, because we might change it to the press. You know, one three one, you know signals young boy that they got down there. That's that is league. He is definitely League. Yeah, this is gonna be the game. But I was about to say, is this is the game of the Yeah, what's name? What's his name?
Speaker 3: Nate Peterson? Yeah, him and Deans one and two?
Speaker 1: Have you have you? Have you met him? This should be your first time meeting. Have you seen hm play? Pee? Yeah? I saw him play. Yeah, he's playing nice ass shot. Yeah for sure. They playing in high school against each other. You know that leaving this game, would you say this will kind of catapult whoever has the better game out of the two? I think so. I think when you have big prime time games, first two prospects, that you get to see them both against you in the same room, live live, that that can be an assessment like, hey, all right, this guy show. Because the anticipation to build up, you want your players, still players to rise to the moment like the best due right, So who's gonna rise to the moment. If aj come out here and have forty, you're gonna be like rolling Or if Peterson come out there and give him a good you're gonna be like, Okay, he rolls to the occasion. So that means he got that what we see in him. That's the thing that you see in a player that's not gonna be uh on on on the on the visuals of the long arms, hands, athletics and jump. You saw something else when somebody in a big game do something like that. You saw, yeah, right, that's something that you can't that ain't in your measurables. So you you're like, all right, I saw something different today. He rolls to the occasion. When that's why these games is, that's why the tournament boosts a lot of people stock. When people have like a basic year, they go to the tournament because it was meant more and they took off. You know, you'd have seen a lot of players that like went high in the drive because of the tournament, because that told you something that you didn't see that you couldn't tell that you didn't notice because now you're on a bigger stage and you performed. We're gonna see do they need to guard each other? Does that even mean anything anymore? I meant a lot for me when I played top players. I don't know, we don't see. What type of games did you have like this in college? You say you've been in college through years. Your first year, who was your first major match up where you was like, oh, ship, she remembered nothing like this the best players? This is one and two. Who was the biggest player you played in college on the on the night where you was like, yeah, let me give my feel me. Damn, that's a good one. Uh. I played against Chauncey College. He was tough, but you had the guard. Yeah, but see like who I had the guard? Who each other? It wasn't nothing like that to the tournament where you had to run in invent but I didn't even run into them. Then nobody even that was my peer that was gonna be in the draft that everybody was projecting. No, I didn't have that. Uh I didn't have that match up. I mean, probably the best player was Eric Eric Dickerson from Arizona in the tournament because he was projected to be a lottery pick and we matched up. He was really good player. Out of Arizona. Michael Dickerson. Michael Dickerson, Yes, yeah, yeah, I was running back. Michael Dickerson, right, right.
Speaker 3: Right, right, let's go back to school.
Speaker 1: Man. Jordan's too. I'm excited to get back there for the first time in a long time, you know. I think it's about that time now. So just to kind of just some business down there too. Yeah, you know, just you know what I'm engraved in the history. It's time for me to tie back in. I even called Mario Chalmers uh to actually say, man, come down there and meet me down there. So hopefully he'll come because he's he's part of of a national championship he won down there, and he's a legend down there in Lawrence, Kansas. So if you got us both in the bill, out'd be pretty dope. That should be a good time. Maning to come down there and wreck you motherfucker. Were you gonna see? That's gonna say a lot, don't of course, I want to do something, gentlemen, And that is the truth in Kevin conversation about the fucking game in Kansas versus E y U stay tuned certified mh
Speaker 2: Mhah