Speaker 1: Native Land Pod is a production of iHeartRadio in partnership with Reason Choice Media.
Speaker 2: Welcome, Welcome, Welcome, Welcome, Welcome, heyvam.
Speaker 3: You're about to hear a replay of one of our interviews from our live stream at the Democratic National Convention. Now. If you want to listen to or watch the full stream, be sure to check out links in the episode description. You can also find a full list of all the guests we've interviewed.
Speaker 2: Welcome home, y'all.
Speaker 4: What's up? So okay?
Speaker 1: Internet Sensation, Noah was taken and Noah.
Speaker 4: Was taking us, joining us today after.
Speaker 1: Tearing a grown man to shreds yesterday at the convention, tell us what happened?
Speaker 5: Yeah. I saw Mike Lindell and I asked him a respectful and quick question. But he got mad and acted like the big bad wolf and decided to take it personally. He started to get all up in my face? What was taking twelve?
Speaker 1: Big twel He got a big old man, got in a big twelve space. I wish no, no, no, no, I'm sure you would.
Speaker 5: So that's what happened after that, before the swinging, Yeah, and then I asked him a few questions. He couldn't even respond to He had no real answer whatsoever except for his personal grievances. I ended up fact checking him later. Everything he said was completely false.
Speaker 4: And never happened. What was the question? Do you remember? Question?
Speaker 1: To him?
Speaker 5: I said, why are you denying the results of a completely fair and free election?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 5: And he started naming these people with the names and the fancy names. But he didn't give me a last name, and I couldn't. All he said was the first name. He said, I didn't want to give their public name out there. If you're an elected official, your name should be out there, right, especially if you're representing me in my state of Georgia, you I should know your name right. So he didn't want to provide any of that. So it was almost impossible to fact check.
Speaker 2: Governor of Georgia. What got you into politics?
Speaker 4: Young man?
Speaker 5: Stacey Abrams, who just walked by us.
Speaker 4: Was energized by her campaign. Energized by her campaign. I love that.
Speaker 6: Where do you go to school?
Speaker 4: Homeschool or yo?
Speaker 6: You got a great teacher whoever.
Speaker 3: They camera taking pictures A proud no. I want to say that you have done what so many of the mainstream media have failed to do. You asked the poignant questions. I saw the video when you demanded that he cite his sources uh and held him accountable. So I'm so impressed with you. What what do you I know Charlotatne has has spoken into that you will be the governor.
Speaker 4: I'd like to speak.
Speaker 2: That over you as well.
Speaker 3: There is there something other ambitions that you have in your life?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah.
Speaker 5: I would love to continue to be able to promote the Democratic Party and all of their accomplishments. But other than that, I want to continue.
Speaker 2: Doing what I'm doing. Does it hurt you that you can't vote?
Speaker 7: You that you you six years away from any to vote.
Speaker 5: I can't encourage folks to vote, So that's enough for me. I can one thing you can't do. You can do when you can't vote. You can walk in the polls with people. So I can walk into the polls of hundreds of family members, and I that it counts just as.
Speaker 4: Much if you could.
Speaker 1: If you could vote in this election this fall, tell me who you be voting.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, So you're not gonna let him ask? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Absolutely, Kamala Harris all the way, give me three reasons why three reasons why. First of all, her policy platform. You're gonna ask policy platform.
Speaker 4: I want to. I want to hear platform.
Speaker 5: How she's not Donald Trump and she's just has a great way of energizing the country, and her policy platform is critical to that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I love that you.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 4: I do We might we could do that the next time we go in to do a live show.
Speaker 2: Enjoy that.
Speaker 1: We're gonna go us, brother, I'm we want everybody to see you gonna help.
Speaker 6: You might need a podcast or something.
Speaker 1: Choice media, like he breaks things down so concise and so simple, and I think that's what people need.
Speaker 4: I love Would you do a podcast? Knowing I would love to do a podcast?
Speaker 1: Okay, we asked mama, because you can't make your own decisions yet, We're gonna get your.
Speaker 3: To me before you sign that contract. I'll make sure you get that.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 4: I like that. Thank you so much for joining us.
Speaker 7: Who is some of your favorite young content creators in the same spaces as you?
Speaker 4: Oh, okay, Isaiah and Martin to too real.
Speaker 5: Let me think Olivia, Juliana, A lot of great people that attended here today.
Speaker 4: Okay, I love that.
Speaker 2: You're amazing. Our energy is infectious.
Speaker 4: One more question. I'm sorry, I just am dying to know this.
Speaker 1: Who has been your favorite speaker so far at the convention?
Speaker 5: And why Michelle Oh or Nancy Pelosi or Joe Biden? My favorite Nancy?
Speaker 4: Who was first out of those? Joe Biden?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Tell me what Joe?
Speaker 5: Out all of Joe's speech, he went for an out y'all sleepy Joe. Y'all sleepy Joe for an hour.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 7: It's the first time we're going to disagree all week, all week, Michelle.
Speaker 5: Joe, y'all sleepy Joe went on for an hour and thirty minutes. Y'all who called them sleepy? Joe went on for an hour just because.
Speaker 4: He stayed awake.
Speaker 5: If you go on for an hour and thirty minutes, how are you sleepy?
Speaker 2: Joe? Michelle body. I don't even know how long Michelle was.
Speaker 4: On, but was just better.
Speaker 2: Michelle can go second place.
Speaker 6: No, hey, I get no point.
Speaker 4: I'm with that, he said.
Speaker 6: The man was up.
Speaker 2: Well, let me take this great.
Speaker 4: No, here's the thing.
Speaker 1: We are absolutely not finished with you. We hope we can sign you for a podcast, but for now we're gonna let you go because you got some work to do.
Speaker 4: Thank you, thank you so much. You wish yes, you do.
Speaker 2: We love you.
Speaker 4: Oh my goodness, Noah was fantastic. I'm blown away, Jasmine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, we would you like to introduce her introducer Introducer off cameras while the while Jasmin makes her way. Who he's talking about is Congresswoman Jasmine Crocket of the Texas Congressional District thirty. She is coming up as soon as she finishes taking pictures with no captivating.
Speaker 4: She had to say how she did.
Speaker 3: Lovey where they want to be, wherever you want to be, Just come out and and let's put.
Speaker 4: He's been dazzled.
Speaker 1: We are thrilled to have joining us, Congressman Jasmine Crocket, And.
Speaker 4: We can introduce while you were walking, how you doing, I'm doing all right? Great.
Speaker 2: So you met Noah at the feet of this here, no I met him at the White House.
Speaker 4: Yeah, know about this life, He's everything about it. Tell us how you prepared for Monday night, Congresswoman.
Speaker 2: Oh, there was a nominal speech.
Speaker 7: There was a lot of drama, Solf, thank you so much. So I won't go into all that it took, but what I will say is that in the moments that I was supposed to be getting on stage. It's the first time I've ever gotten nervous. So for two hours, I was actually getting physically sick. I had to take medication and everything, and so I was just nervous that I would let her down, and I did not want to let her down. And then, as we are making history today, what most people don't realize is that Kamala Harris was making history for me. At the same time. There's never been a black woman freshman that has been allowed to grace the stage of the DNC ever until.
Speaker 2: Me, and so it was a huge honor.
Speaker 7: And at the same time, while I didn't want to let her down, I also didn't want to foreclose on opportunities for those coming behind me. And I knew that there were a lot of people that were probably like, ain't no way you're gonna let the wild Wind do it.
Speaker 2: Ain't no way, y'all, that's the one we want to see, oh man.
Speaker 7: And so you know, as it relates to kind of the process, I felt like they was trying to sanitize my speech a little bit. I was like, ah ahpke's gotta stay.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 7: The alliteration came out at least five times. It was pulled out five times, and then I put it back in and I say, let me tell you something, This is who I am.
Speaker 2: This is what this speech is gonna be.
Speaker 7: Because the only reason anybody would want to see me on the stage, it ain't to see me.
Speaker 2: It's to actually hear me be me. And so it was a bit of a fight. But you know, y'all know I stand my ground. I appreciate you for doing that, and I and and again because I stood.
Speaker 7: My ground, I also was nervous because then it's like, well, you can't mess up, you can't funding the bag because you really said so strong and confidently in it.
Speaker 2: And I am thankful that it was received seem where you are.
Speaker 6: Far from fumbling anything. By the way, anytime I've ever I've ever heard you, and I've i've spoken at these conventions before, I know the exact process you were talking about, the edits that get made, and the fact that you have to be I mean literally strong and as uh Angela says all the time, tan toes deep uh and.
Speaker 4: What or down down guess what I'm not in all that. So when I heard you sound, I was.
Speaker 1: Like that's.
Speaker 4: Like a white man, I'm gonna go back on.
Speaker 6: Guess what, you can stay off, but I'm talking to you now.
Speaker 4: And the point is.
Speaker 6: The point is is that first of all, you're not the wild one, You're not the crazy one. You are the truth teller. Hey, and people can't always handle the truth, so they like to throw all these terms out that make us look different and strange and even in some cases undeserving of the space. Not only did you deserve it, you owned it, you delivered, You did the just you were supposed to do. And guess what, I believe you bought a lot more people's eyes to this campaign, to what this is about and why do they need to get out their vote and perform right, perform their duty, their civic duty. So a congresswoman, I said, Jaz a congresswoman, I couldn't thank you enough, and I just want to encourage you every day of the week to continue to be that right. Every Congress deserves a truth seller. Every Congress at least one.
Speaker 2: I can ask the question, I you know.
Speaker 3: We opened the show tonight with a Georgia State rep of Palestinian descent speaking about the protests and the plight that's happening.
Speaker 2: Something has made me a bit un comfortable with this.
Speaker 3: I'm so excited and I've been so full of celebration with having a me and us points to lead this country, and then I was torn as we drove past protesters last night, and it just feels like this push and pull because there's black women. Much like the CBC, we are the constiest of the country, like the CBC is noted as being in the conscious of the Congress.
Speaker 2: For the people out there who.
Speaker 3: Feel some of that same torment with who want to stand in solidarity with the Palestinian people, and it seems like the world has turned their back on them. I'm just curious what your thoughts are given the division, all the diversity we've seen, and yet this division remains so pronounced here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I'm gonna say that it's not an either or, it's an end. Yes, you know.
Speaker 7: The issue that I have is that I think that we need to go ahead and be real about the fact that anyone that is uncomfortable with suffering is actually just being human.
Speaker 2: That is what it means to be human.
Speaker 7: And I think that we should all, you know, hug each other and say, listen, this is what we should.
Speaker 4: Be doing in a moment.
Speaker 2: Hey day, no, no, no, So I think that we should say it is the right thing to do.
Speaker 7: It is the morally right thing to do to care about suffering, not just as it relates to the Palestinians, but suffering anywhere. Because we can talk about the Suday and we can talk about Congo, we can talk about the streets in the United States. We should all be compassionate about suffering in general. At the same time, this is going to come down to two people. Somebody going to be the president of the United States. It's either going to be the guy or it's going to be the woman. And right now I can tell you that it has to be the woman for me, and and that doesn't mean that you are going to agree with her on everything. I think that this was elaborated in a way by Michelle Obama. You know, we continuously seek perfection. One of the things that I used to say on the trail all the time, specifically when I was out there for and Biden, is that there is no perfection walking on this earth. And I would definitely say it when I went to the Black Church, and I would say we always want our preachers and our politicians to be perfect, and neither one will be. You will always be let down. But we are supposed to fight for a more perfect union. And fighting for a more perfect union means that you continuously engage in conversation.
Speaker 2: And communication and you move the needle. Let me tell you something.
Speaker 7: There was a point in time that nobody would have ever imagined that Joe Biden would do anything on student loan debt forgiveness.
Speaker 2: And who led the way on it. It was Joe Biden.
Speaker 7: But guess what, there were people that were pulling him and telling him that that was the right thing to do. So I'm just saying I need them to understand that we can't sit this out because the suffering that we see and Gaza is only going to get worse if Trump ends up being the one that ends up in position. Because let me tell you, they have been on the house floor and they have specifically said just go nukem. That is what they said. And you won't find that on the news. You got to go to c Span and you can see them talking about the people of Gaza. I can tell you that we had three packages that we voted on the first package was suggest send money over to Israel and defund the IRS. The second package will suggest send money to Israel. The third package sent money to Israel, but it also sent aid to Gaza, it sent aid to Haiti, it sent aid to Taiwan. It did more to make sure that we could also help those that are suffering. These people don't care about people that are suffering. It's the same reason that they are only looking to do tax breaks for people that are at the upper one percent, and they don't care about the people that need six dollars a day to eat. I'm trying to tell y'all that we don't need to vote against our interests. And it doesn't mean that either one of the administrations will be great on everything that you care about. But it is your job to push an administration that at least somewhat closely aligns with their goals and push I'm closer to the finish line.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much, Thank you, thank.
Speaker 3: You, Thanks for listening to you guys. Please please please remember to rate, review, subscribe, and tune into our regular episode on Thursdays. Welcome Home, y'all.
Speaker 1: Native Lampard is a production of iHeart Radio in partnership with Reason Choice Media. For more podcasts from iHeart Radio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.