Speaker 1: I am all in. How wan I kiss you?
Speaker 2: I am all in with Scott Patterson, an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 3: Hey everybody, Scott Patterson, I am all in podcasts coming to you live from Columbus, Ohio, and from my bed in my hotel along with Amy and her bed in her hotel room in Los Angeles, and along with Suzanne French go On and only from her basement office in her house, which is near her bedroom.
Speaker 2: I'm in my house. But here's what I'll say for people that listen earlier this week. The sun is sort of coming up, Suzanne, is the sun.
Speaker 4: Daylight?
Speaker 1: The sun is setting over our podcast ladies as we speak. Pop Culture, Season six, episode eleven, The Perfect Dress, Here we Go. Laura and r are talking about the trip to Atlantic City for Rory's twenty first birthday. God, you know, don't you wish you could have seen it in Atlantic City?
Speaker 2: Actually, actually yes, that would have been It would.
Speaker 1: Have been a blessed Laurel. I I must say I'm pretty proud of how quickly we got them, and also the fact that no one questioned us when we said our names. And Lisa, Wendy and Lisa, briefly known as Girl Brothers or a music duo consisting of Wendy Melvillone and Lisa Coleman. They began working with Prince in the early eighties, and we're part of his band The Revolution, before branching out on their own. What a band The Revolution was and may still be. That was a heck of a band, Laurelai, I agree is referring to a well known musical duo, but nobody in Atlantic City realized their reference.
Speaker 2: I don't remember Wendy and Lisa, but I obviously remember prints in the Revelation.
Speaker 1: Laurel and Rory telling Luke about their trip to Atlantic City. Rory, but we wound up seeing Tony Danza, who was sublime. Laurel, I, oh, the tap dancing. That might have been the best play the whole day. Tony Dancer actually does actually tap dance and sing and really performed in Atlantic City starting in nineteen ninety five and has continued to do so throughout the years. Did you know there is a metal rock band called the Tony Dancer Tap Dance Extrava, an.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh right name.
Speaker 1: As a joke about Tony Dance's tap dancing talent. Now here's the thing the guy has the guts to go out there and do something like this, you know, given his background as a boxer and then an actor, you know who really shot the fame and and now he's you know, he wants to try something else. I mean I can relate to that. You know, I did an EP I released a single, right, So there's like a lot of potential embarrassment there and all that, like, oh god, you know, what the heck is this guy thinking about? But the thing is, it's like, if you want to express yourself, if you want to spread your wings a little bit and try new things, what the heck's wrong with that? So I think that Tony Dance are doing the whole tap dancing thing. Yeah, people joke about it and all the stuff, But the guy's living his life and he's enjoying his life, and he's connecting with people, he's connecting with his fans.
Speaker 2: And then the exact opposite of what you're saying, I just want to know what happened to the Who's the Boss reboot?
Speaker 1: I have no idea. I don't want to know.
Speaker 2: What Tony Mascelli's doing now, And I thought we were going to find out.
Speaker 1: But wasn't listen a lot of living in the jungle somewhere and.
Speaker 2: No, listen Milano. They've been working on some Who's the Boss reboot and I want to know what's happening.
Speaker 1: But I thought I thought Alissa Milana was like one hundred percent political. Now she's like hangs out Washington and bird dogs report some much.
Speaker 2: I think that is somewhat somewhat true, right, somewhat true?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what do I know? I don't anyway, Amy, you want to do this, say.
Speaker 2: You want to do this, I'll go. Sukhi and Loura Lai are walking in the street and Suki is trying to convince Laura to go to the wedding dress stop shop. What are you talking about? You have the golden ticket. Suki is referring to the film Willie Wanka in the Chocolate Factory, where there was a lottery for a golden ticket to enter the chocolate factory. In the film, Charlie and his grandpa saying I've got a golden ticket. I'm probably not doing the right tune, but Suki says her ring is the golden ticket to get them into a wedding dress shop, which this was cute Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is quite topical because Wonka's coming out with Timothy shallow May so all good. I was torn between wanting to go to the Chocolate Factory and also being a little scared of the chocolate factory in my growing up, because like, I'm not so much the Johnny Depp Wonka as the one before it. Yeah, who was that?
Speaker 1: Who was was that?
Speaker 2: That was Gene Wilder. That's right, he was the o g Yeah, so.
Speaker 1: All right, she's saying, you're.
Speaker 4: Up, all right, Suki and Laurele I are better left, so true. Suki and Laurele I are at the wedding dress shop seeing an over the top dress, and Laurel I says, I think this is the one Divine turned down for being too over the top. Harris Glenn Milstead, better known by the stage name Divine, was an American actor, drag queen, and singer. She's known as the drag Queen of the Century. Lorlia is referring to a dress she sees that even a drag queen star wouldn't wear.
Speaker 1: Oh well, I remember dress was brath. I remember experiencing all those John Waters films. Oh yeah, when they first came out What Pink Flaming Goes, and there was a yeah. They were definitely what you would call independent films, not for mass consumption anyway, Who's up you are? Is it me? Is it me? Someone is trying to sell off an antique dish, but miss miss Kim, miss miss Kim, Yeah, missus Kim knows it's not one. Missus Kim. Look woman coming here. Somebody's full sep nine milk lass. She think my mother dropped on my head when I'm baky, I know to jel lost and when I see it was Nigella law sins an English food writer and chef. Missus Kim is referring to well known chef who has a cook wear line. So Niell Lawson has a whole life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she sure does.
Speaker 1: Good for her selling it.
Speaker 2: She's sort of like she's no Martha Stewart, No is she like?
Speaker 1: Is she is? It? Is? She British?
Speaker 2: I can't remember, but she's to me it doesn't She's not like Rachel. What's that Rachel's last name? Suzanne? Come on, I know you got it? Yeah, Rachel, Ray, Martha, I don't know who. The few others are bigger.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll tell you, nobody sells crap like Americans. O say, Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: I love home goods more than anything. I just literally do. Rory and Laura Lei are talking about Rory's new apartment. Oh, come on, it's not that bad. It's Angela's Ashes. It's basic. It's samford AND's son. So Anne Ashes is a film based on the book by Frank McCourt that follows the experiences of a young Frankie and his family living poverty in pre war Limerick, sanford AND's son. Great theme song Music is a TV show about a widower and junk dealer living in South Oh yeah good one living in South central la laurelized comparing Rory's new apartment to a junk garage in Sanford and cent are a pre war home like Angela's Ashes. All, I still don't hate that apartment. I mean, I don't want to live there, but I don't College kids can be fine and a lot of junk.
Speaker 1: I could have done without the dark gray wall.
Speaker 2: This next one, yeah, I didn't mind that, Suzanne. This next one is so good because this person that you're about to reveal just got their star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just saw that yesterday.
Speaker 2: So this is such a cute clip that's going around with him because he's like to the Brenda song. It's a really cute clip.
Speaker 4: You go, I didn't see that part.
Speaker 2: It's cute.
Speaker 4: Let me read it and then we'll talk about it. So Luke is visiting Anna and says he never wanted kids when they were together, and it says you would flip out if you saw a woman breastfeeding in public, you couldn't stand to watch diaper commercials, and you had an unnatural hatred of mccaullay culkin. In the nineties, McCauley culkin was one of the most famous child stars from his hit film Home Alone, and Anna is naming off examples of how Luke used to react to children.
Speaker 2: Okay, I mean, let's bring it full around. McCauley Culkin was in Richie Rich and Ed Herman was also in Richie Rich. So yeah, and look, mccaullay culkin was so adorable at the time, but he was so sweet. I'm sort of glad he's sort of got making some sort of a comeback. I think he makes the back he wants to make because He's got enough money to live forever, so he does what he wants to do.
Speaker 1: Isn't his brother Kieran His brother is in succession.
Speaker 2: Yes, and the brother is like amazing.
Speaker 1: Secession brilliance, dramatic and comedic brilliance.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's sort of having his moment.
Speaker 1: I saw the episode on the plane today where Brian Cox dies.
Speaker 2: Oh, I didn't even know Boiler.
Speaker 1: I'm just catch succession is over. I don't know, but I'm just discovering The Crown for the first time. And if people have been obsessed with the show for years and I'm just like binging it on off days when I have, like, you know, a couple of hours up in Halifax, I can't believe upgrade the show is. It's really good.
Speaker 4: I love The Crown.
Speaker 1: Oh God.
Speaker 2: Rory on the phone with Lauraai talking about her therapy appointment since I went on Francis Farmer and My Psychologist evaluation today. Francis Farmer was an actress who gained notoriety for sensationalized accounts of her life, especially her involuntary commitment to psychiatric hospitals and mental health struggles. I never heard of this person. Ory's comparing herself to someone who had a psychotic episode, because she went crazy in her appointment after she had run into Logan in the hallway and he told her he loved her.
Speaker 1: Laurai, well, don't let them put with on any of those pills. Tom Cruise will be very upset. Tom Cruise is an actor. He doesn't believe in taking pills for depression or adh D laurel ies joking. Tom Cruise would not approve befo Ory got on any pills for depression.
Speaker 2: This one was funny because this one was funny because it made me think when he said to Matt Lower, Matt Lower, you're being so glib. Kind of had that tussle.
Speaker 1: Listen. I watched Mission Impossible, Dead Reckoning.
Speaker 2: I didn't like it.
Speaker 1: On the plane.
Speaker 2: Did you like it?
Speaker 1: I did like it. I compare anything Mission Impossibly to James Bond, and it's really not a fair to put anything up against James Bond, but it's our it's our version of James Bond. Tom Cruise is our James Bond in Mission Impossible.
Speaker 2: I am three, And.
Speaker 1: I really liked I like that actress that Haley.
Speaker 2: At well, yeah, yeah, yeah, she's.
Speaker 1: A terrific stage actress too. She just won a bunch of awards for stage work in London a couple of years ago. She's she's a real talent, you know, she's a really, really, like the real deal talent. And I thought she was great in it. But I didn't see the end of it. I only saw it was Scott.
Speaker 2: That's what happened to me. I love to Cruise right like, I love Top Gun like I love like, I love all this kind of movies. For some reason, I only got halfway through it and I was like, I'm out, I can't watch no.
Speaker 1: No, no.
Speaker 2: The thing is, we landed and there was a lot I show up movie on a plane that you can't finish.
Speaker 1: It's weird. Well, it's like you, it's a free country, make choice.
Speaker 2: You were watching it. I'm like, in nineteen eighty nine, thinking it's like a movie that the plane had.
Speaker 4: I forgot everybody watches the same thing.
Speaker 1: Literally, clip on the film.
Speaker 2: Dated myself so hard because I haven't been on a plane since nineteen ninety seven. So I literally just realized you were watching and it's not on like the old screen that you Oh my.
Speaker 4: God, headphones.
Speaker 1: Now I'm at the point where I'm at the point where his the girl that was the sniper in the desert was she's been killed by sign Morales.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, he's.
Speaker 1: In a knife fight had so she lost the night fight. And now they're trying to recruit Hallietwell and their their ghost thing. So that's yeah where that's when we landed. I'm like, I don't have the thing, and so I got.
Speaker 2: I didn't get that far. But the thing is get that far.
Speaker 1: The technology on the plane is really old, so you got to sit there and put it on fast forward to get to that point. It takes twenty minutes to get to the point because it's a slope kind of a fast forward, and and then.
Speaker 2: Do you just finish it like on your computer?
Speaker 1: Why not just stop talking about it's not that interesting anywhere.
Speaker 2: Go Wait. No, everybody has to say their favorite all time Tom Cruise movie before we move on.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, favorite Tom. I like, I liked him in Collateral.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you've said that. That's not my choice. I'm Tom. I like Top Gun obviously, but I loved Jerry Maguire. I thought that was such an awesome movie.
Speaker 1: He's just been in He's been in so many good things. It's hard.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna have to go old school and say risky business.
Speaker 1: I'm going risky business too for his early work, for his later work, I'm gonna do uh. But I did like Top Gun Maverick me too.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 1: I really liked it. I it was just because those are hard to do. But there was enough time that went by, the decades went by before they did the reboot. I thought it was weird.
Speaker 2: None of you said Rock of Ages just kidding?
Speaker 1: What was what was that?
Speaker 2: That's you never saw it? You gotta see it. Toms like Bully just sings. He's like, it's like Julianne Huff and Rock of Ages. Yeah, the stage show that Tom Cruise did and it was like very I mean, he fully sings in it, but it's not it's not it's.
Speaker 1: That guy's got a billion dollar billion a watt smile.
Speaker 2: Dude, that guy's got a billion dollars too. A lot of teeth, a lot of teeth correct correct, Okay.
Speaker 4: Luke is talking to Anna about wanting to be in April's life and Anna tells him to go read Deanie, and he says, what the hell is Deanie? Anna replies the gospel according to Judy Bloom. I love this reference Deanie.
Speaker 2: This was when April had her Deanie stage. That's what it was, because remember she went through a Deanie stage. And he goes, what the hell is Deanie?
Speaker 4: Yeah, they kind of talked about it in two separate sections, but right walking out the door, he says, what the hell is Deanie? And the gospel according to and she tells him he should read it. So Deani is a book written by Judy Bloom. Deanie chronicles the life of thirteen year old will Medine Deanie Fenner, whose mother Thelma, is determined to have her become a model. But Deanie is diagnosed with scoliosis and has prescribed a body brace to wear for the next four years.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Remember, okay, is scolios is still a thing. Remember when we were in seventh grade you had to get checked. Scolio is kind of awkward because you had to like be in the gym in the locker room and you had to like I kind of remember that, like awkward, like yes, pulling your shirt up thing, and I'm like, what is this?
Speaker 1: Remember soap? Remember soap on a rope?
Speaker 2: Of course, I remember soap.
Speaker 1: On a rope. I'm gonna I'm gonna bring that back anyway. That's it.
Speaker 2: Everybody, wait, don't let me. I have to talk about Judy Bloom. It's awesomeness for at least thirty seconds.
Speaker 1: All right, we're gonna hit the pause button and the floor is yours. Thank you, Representative Amy.
Speaker 2: If you're my age or anywhere around, watch the Judy Bloom documentary because I obviously grew up on like Judy Bloom books, but I did not even realize how like controversial the books were and how like edgy and like forwards she was to write about all the things she wrote about. So like, shout out to Judy Bloom for being freaking awesome. Yeah, thank you, thank you for coming to my ted talk.
Speaker 1: And uh are you good? Okay, Yeah, I'm good with Judy Bloom. Good deal, Good deal, everybody. Next episode, Season six, episode twelve, Just like when and Gavin Ladies, it was a joyous bedroom.
Speaker 2: Scott like, literally, give me Suzanne and I some projects.
Speaker 1: I'm starting to get low now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we I know, I'm like literally hole, but.
Speaker 1: I have to get up and go on the floor and meet the fans.
Speaker 2: Good on Suzanne for getting up at four fifty five and.
Speaker 1: Four thirty No, what I love you guys. Dedicated, We'll talk about dedicated, talk about just showing up for the team.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. And you don't know, don't go yet. We're still talking, still talking night. Don't go anywhere, don't get anywhere. Hey, is that a camel in your bedroom? How's the camera?
Speaker 2: Can I please at least mention during this five a m. Session. I have gotten three texts from people.
Speaker 1: It's unbelievable. It's unbelievable. All right, everybody that's gonna do it. Amy's got to go to bed. I gotta work on my soap for the rope collection. She's got to get the camel out of her bedroom. So his Anne's got a a cat that won't labor alone. Her needs to eat. She needs to eat. How's John doing? How's everything going with Johnny? Hope? Give them our best?
Speaker 2: John says, you wait till we have the Scott Patterson soap on a rope? Fillmore girls soap on a rope?
Speaker 1: No, it's the SGP soap on a rope. It's gonna be Alie. Everybody, best fans. All the plane keeps cards, letters, come and Susan French.
Speaker 2: Shout out to producer Andrew for filling in because our actual producers did not want to get up at four in the morning.
Speaker 1: Wow, No they were. They're still there's still a jingle ball. Yeah, they're still over there.
Speaker 5: All right bye, everybody, love y'all. Uh, stay safe everyone.
Speaker 1: Everybody, and don't forget. Follow us on Instagram at I Am All In podcast and email us Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com.