Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty and now he Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 3: All of this is happening in the background of the big thing that the entire region is waiting for, which is what will Israel's response to those one hundred and eighty ballistic missiles filed by the Iranians just about two days ago. What will that response look like? And of course that is what is going to set the tone and the tempo for this really region wide war that we're now seeing. We've been talking to the past year about the threat of the regionalization of this conflict between Iran and Israel. Now we are seeing it in real time, and it's up to the Israelis to determine whether or not they are going to pummel Aron and invite a further escalation, or they're going to restrain themselves as the Biden administration seems to be asking them to do.
Speaker 2: Seems to be. Joe Biden was asked specifically yesterday, should Israel take out the nuclear facilities? Is no, No, The response needs to be proportional, Okay, what's a proportional response to having two hundred ballistic missiles shot at you? It seems like seems like taking out the entire government would be a proportional response. They're trying to take out your biggest city.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a major attack like that, And I'm sure Joe Biden will say would say, well, Israel's good at shooting down missiles, so a proportional expense is one that doesn't do much damaging her on either.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's not what proportional response means. But I don't want to get hung up on that thing again. So we have new Joe Biden information. He was asked this morning, well, let's listen to the clip and then we can discuss.
Speaker 1: Health striking Iran oil facility CERNCE word discussion.
Speaker 2: I think I think that would be a little anyway swift plan to allow strike back against Ron.
Speaker 3: First of all, we don't allow he is real.
Speaker 4: We advis is real, and there's nothing going to happen today.
Speaker 3: We'll talk about that later.
Speaker 2: There's nothing going to happen today, which is probably not something he should be saying, because that's not the same being at war works. You don't like announce today today you're in the clear, so stand down. We're not doing anything today. That's odd, element I surprise, et cetera.
Speaker 1: Well, and how about to straight out of that Saturday Night Live bit the other night he hit us with a well, I tell.
Speaker 2: You what anyway?
Speaker 1: Yeah, whoa, whoa, whoa. That sentence, that sentence, it started with such promises.
Speaker 2: What were you going to say? Well, played again. I just want to hear that first part again and then we'll come in here.
Speaker 1: Michael, do you support is well striking Iran oil facilities?
Speaker 2: Service? Word discuss?
Speaker 5: I think I think that would be a little strip plan.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I think that would be a little anyway.
Speaker 2: Well, he realized he shouldn't be saying that because he got in trouble yesterday and rightfully so for saying no when asked if they should strike the nuclear facilities. So today about the oil refineries, I think that would be a little bit we're no. Just saying we're in discussion about that obviously puts it on the table like you think that'd be okay, which it definitely will be. And as he was correct in saying, we don't tell them what to do, or shouldn't be telling them what to do. Although you know, when you give a country all their stuff, it's kind of like if you're if you're adult child is going to live at your house. They're adults, but they live at your house. So it's not a lot like that, You don't think, I well, legally we don't have the right to tell Iszuel what to do. But I mean, if we give them three to five billion dollars a year and eight in the planes and the bombs and everything like that, and rearm the velvet dome, iron dome, I don't know where it came from for them. We have some say.
Speaker 1: Some yeah, but I think it's it's reminiscent of all of us. All of us have had bosses, for instance, that are smart and innovative and great leaders. We have had mediocre bosses. We have had gutless, spineless bosses who've got in the way of the productivity of the enterprise. I don't care who you are, what the line of work you're in, you've probably run into that sort of thing. Benjamin Not in Yahoo and the Israeli people have a gutless, spineless sugar daddy right and Joe Biden, and they are managing upward the best they can. They cannot defer to his wishes or it will end in defeat, so they're trying to smooth it the best they can.
Speaker 2: Now. From and what I understand, the sentiment is overwhelming in Israel, even though Netanyao himself is not that popular, although it's gone up in recent months, it's overwhelmingly popular. The idea of hitting Iran directly really really hard. So he's on solid political ground in his own country on some sort of direct attack on Iran, even though our prisons said no, or we're having discussions about well, I don't think they should. Well anyway, these are a little anyway, These are some major decisions like could change world history sorts of decisions.
Speaker 1: And these might be lead ups to decisions that are ten times as impactful.
Speaker 2: And the guy in charge is, well, we shouldn't. I mean I probably oughtn't. I think they anyway?
Speaker 1: What I don't think I'm supposed to talk about this Jackie Jackie dead or is she here.
Speaker 2: About our institutions now?
Speaker 1: But he's good to go for another four years as of like seventy days ago. Effing believe they were claiming that with a straight face.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, And I don't want to.
Speaker 1: I don't want to, I mean change my words.
Speaker 2: So I'm talking to some of Yes, I'm sorry, who's from Amas? Wait, there's more. I'm talking to some of about there because I've talked to several of you in the last couple of days. I brought up the idea of I'm concerned about who's making the decisions on a lot of this stuff, because I think sometimes Joe Biden is capable of being sharp and understanding what's going on and making a decision. But I think we all agree that there are lots of times he's not, And what if something happens when he's not who's making the decisions? And as with a few people who said you don't know that, I said, no, do you? Yeah, Obama is don't you read the news? Obama's making all the decisions now him and Hillary. So apparently for some of you, that's a story that's floating around somewhere that Obama and Hillary are currently running the government. Obama I don't believe that, but.
Speaker 1: Thank Junior always appreciated. I actually think it's you know, a lot of Obama's team that's very influential in the Biden White House.
Speaker 2: It's blinking on this stuff. Probably with Sullivan discussing with the Secretary Defense. Maybe I don't know, because I mean, if the Secretary of State says, I think we should blank, the Secretary of Defense might say, you don't tell me what to do. So I don't know how to make those decisions. That's the problem with not having you know, the constitutional order working right now is I don't know how. That's why I ask who's making the decisions and how, because nobody actually has the authority. And let's think we go ahead unless Blincoln's coming out of meetings and saying, hey, Lloyd Austin, we need to move another aircraft carrier, or on the orders of Joe Biden. You know, he's claiming that Joe Biden is saying these things. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I was just going to say, we've all seen dramas of uh, you know, contested wills or succession at a company or whatever, where the doddering oldster is being manipulated by the young connivers behind the scenes. And then Totter's out and says, yeah, I'm not going to bequeath my estate quite yet. I've reconsidered, and everybody looks around like they got to him somehow, they got to him because they're manipulating the old farts, and that's what's happening at the White House almost certainly.
Speaker 2: So you think Jake Sullivan goes in there with the piece of paper, could you sign this, sir? It's a National blueberry Day and it's just important to you said, yet it put your name there and date.
Speaker 1: It's a aircraft. It's an aircraft carrier full of bloe. We're gonna donate them to the Polynesians.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Asians. They're dirt hungry keeping their cats.
Speaker 1: And Lloyd Austin's like, what what did you do? You conniving bastard. I'm telling you the.
Speaker 2: Movies with his really low voice, what are you doing? I think it's important consider carefully, Oh, the lighter side of the run up to World War three? I hope not hope not in here. But it's freaking weird that we got a president that's not capable of like understanding in any given time, what the hell's going on? Mesh for them Inwa unless you want to get the back I tell you what.
Speaker 1: The Mullas are quaking in their slippers whatever they weardals hearing that sort of forcefulness.
Speaker 2: It's interesting that so much of the world wears pretty much only sandals only. Ah, it's warm there hot, that's it.
Speaker 1: Your feet get all gamy. You don't want that. How about a lovely croc for the ayatola. It's got the all ventilation holes. They might rock them behind the scenes.
Speaker 2: Where's that Satan's own shoe.
Speaker 1: It's Western decadence, no doubt, but they got them. They got them. It's like the all the hypocrisy. Oh, we're a devout scholar. I just happen to have seventeen fourteen year old wives, right and.
Speaker 2: Crocs, So you think they walk out and sandals and then behind the scenes, Ah, back into my crocs.
Speaker 1: Woo. I wish I could not sporting three hundred dollars loafers or whatever Western suits.
Speaker 2: Right, dang it, what a situation. So that was just a little bit ago that Joe Biden was asked that and how much I mean, this is this is the biggest international story in the world right now. How hard is Israel going to hit Iran?
Speaker 1: And the President's a little anyway.
Speaker 2: We're still discussing that. I don't know, it's a well anyway, but it's not gonna happen today. Wow, that was unhelpful. All three half sentences were incredibly unhelpful. Yeah, wow, all right, we got a lot more on the way.
Speaker 4: Another shocking story coming out of Lebanon that's breaking right now. Pagers belonging to members of Hesbola were simultaneously detonated, and walkie talkies all over the country began exploding in another wave of what appears to be Israeli retaliations, but just moments ago, in a truly surreal twist, the rectums of goats all over the country exploded at the same time, killing an additional one thy eight hundred people and injuring thousands of others, as well as killing countless goats. PETA has just issued a statement denouncing the actions of the IDF for senselessly killing all those goats. However, you'd have to think if the IDF was behind this, they may have been doing those goats a huge favor.
Speaker 1: How long is that is artificial intelligence generated a fake report?
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly. You may have played that in violation of the state law of California.
Speaker 1: The Gavin News gosh, yeah, the anti parody law.
Speaker 2: That was not Jake Tapper, you know, that fits in perfectly with this, did you We didn't talk about John Kerry's speech that he gave the other day at the World the Economic Forum about the First Amendment, right, and it's really quite amazing. Rather than I'm reading from Jonathan Turley's piece in the New York Post today, rather than extole the benefits of the democratic liberty versus dictatorships and oligarchs, John Kerry, presidential candidate in two thousand and four, former Secretary of State called the First Amendment of the United States Constitution a major block to keeping people from believing the wrong things. Here's the quote. You know, there's a lot of discussion. I won't talk like John Cary the whole time that would it would be kind of fun. You know, there's a lot of discussion now about how you curb those entities in order to guarantee that you're going to have some accountability on facts. But look, if people only get to one source, and the source they go to is sick and you know, has an agenda and they're putting out disinformation, our First Amendment stands as a major block to be able to just you know, hammer it out of existence. So what we need is to win the ground, win the right to govern by hopefully winning enough votes that you're free to be able to implement change. So Jonathan Turley writes, the freedom to be won in this election is to liberate officials who look like him, who look like himself, can set about controlling what can be said, read or heard. Carry insisted that the problem with social media is that the one who is controlling what they can say or read needs to be dealt with. I I so, do you understand what the the powerful like John Kerry and some others are saying, what their vision of the First Amendment is in their way?
Speaker 1: I think I think the problem And just as an aside, it's funny, I have prepared a First AMENDMENTEE segment next segment, which is perfect. I'll talk about it for days. But I honestly think and it's hard for normal people like y'all and like ourselves. I think to picture having this sort of hubris. John Carry actually thinks he and his ilk have the wisdom, the knowledge, and the well they can be trusted with the power of censorship because they'll just censor the things that ought to be censored. They will just censor misinformation and disinformation to keep the poor fool. So he mentioned, who just see one source from being misled by the evil doers, We'll give us that right and we'll protect you.
Speaker 2: Carrie went on to say that now mostly free speech, now most protects corporate interests and threatens essential jobs of the state, such as protecting national security and the safety and privacy of its citizens.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Wow, So free speech only protects corporate interests, but the government and of course the citizens who belove their government, are being screwed by free speech somehow.
Speaker 1: Right, the free speech is getting in the way of the security of the state, that is what he said.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: And whether it is deliberate evil doing or just that sort of hubristic, you know, naive self regard, I don't know, you.
Speaker 2: Know, maybe it fits in with like the moderators on the debate the other night, or the last couple of debates, where it's amazing to me that intelligent people can be so blind did by their beliefs, that they are fully in the camp of our side is all good and right and honest, and the other side is evil and awful. And it makes perfectly good sense as a decent, law abiding, smart person to put my thumb on the scale for the side that is good and honest and decent and against the side that is evil. And you know, Margaret Brennan and O'Donell and so many others seem to believe that, and John Carey believes that, Well, I'm on the side that is good as honest, and we never abuse our power or do anything wrong or lie, so of course we can make that decision. What are you even talking about.
Speaker 1: The nightmare of everybody's rights being taken away during COVID, Well, the data changed. We didn't hear about the schools in Sweden are intent with?
Speaker 2: I think I've had an epiphany, a slow and coming. Can you sum it up for us, Well, just that these people actually freaking believe that they are on the side of what is right and good and that they never do wrong, which.
Speaker 1: Is what makes them so scary. Seal Lewis's famous quote about the worst sort of oppression is the person who believes they're doing it for your own good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is what makes it so scary. They actually believe it.
Speaker 3: Or on this theme, the car Strong and Getty, some business news CVS just and as they're laying off nearly three thousand workers in an effort.
Speaker 2: To cut costs. Now, every CVS pharmacy will just have a pumpkin bucket filled with pills and as.
Speaker 1: Time as says, please take one.
Speaker 2: That's interesting. Yeah, I uh, I don't think I can get any trouble for saying this. So is that the CVS One time and because I got one near my house, so I used it because it was just so handy being a couple of blocks away, especially with the number of prescriptions we have in my family. Ah, but is there one time and I was getting it's just like a ridiculous price for this one prescription, and the person said, the pharmacists behind the counter, see, can I talk to you for a second. She comes out around we go over to the side and she said, you could get this at Costco for like eighty cents. Oh. I said, okay, thanks for the tip, and I started using the Costco pharmacy. It's the best pharmacy there is is the Costco pharmacy that I've ever used. Fast friendly, you get somebody on the phone right away if you ever have to call. The prices. I just I'm not getting paid for this. Its just been my personal experience as a guy who has lots of prescriptions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just don't. Well, we can talk off the airs, can I say, doesn't our health plan tell us to go to some place?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Makes us go to a variety of places. Yeah, and everybody makes money. Yeah, right, so that's something that.
Speaker 2: The person at CBS pulled me aside. Oh, yes, good for her, it's very nice for she cared more about you know, me than her business apparently.
Speaker 1: And the executives at CVS has figured out what branch that is. And she is now out of work and crying softly on her couch at home. Well else, she just lost her home thanks to Jack. So, continuing our free speech theme, thought this was just great. It's a couple of different things. But the free press talking about a lot of powerful, well educationd well educated people don't understand how free speech works. For example, Tim Walls at Tuesday's vice presidential debate, the Minnesota governor said the First Amendment does not cover hate speech or yelling fire in a crowded theater. Wrong on both counts.
Speaker 2: And I'm a knucklehead at times.
Speaker 1: Right, So it doesn't protect hate speech is an assertion you hear ten thousand times a day on America's college campuses. That is absolutely patently false. One person's hate speech is another person's legitimate criticism. And just anybody who ever claims that to you know you are dealing with either a muttonhead or a neo Marxist, and reject them.
Speaker 2: I like your hate speech. Probably I hate you, I really hate you.
Speaker 1: That is hate speech. Yes. In fact, if you run into a person making that claim, I suggest you knock them down and run away from them as quickly as possible. But the other part that I thought was so very interesting, and once again it's our our good friends at thefire dot org used to be the Foundation for individual Rights and education. Now it's just the what do they call themselves foundation for in visual rights? Excellent? I can't remember what the E stands for in fire anymore, but they are crusaders for the First Amendment and I love them for that. Wow. Wow, inappropriate and inaccurate. But you need to be silenced anyway. I thought this was so interesting in a discussion about the riot at the US Capitol, walstl. Vanstir limus free speech.
Speaker 2: You can't, you know, fire in a crowded theater.
Speaker 1: That's the test that's the Supreme Court test. Well, as usual with the old coach, he only has half an idea what the hell he's talking about? But what's lead at times that you've heard expressed a thousand times in your life, that you can't yell fire in a crowded theater. That that's the Supreme Court's test for unprotected speech is both wild, widely held and dead wrong. That phrase comes from Justice the infamous Justice for Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes in a nineteen nineteen opinion called Shank versus Us and writes, fire it's a testament to the power of a well turned phrase that we're still hearing it more than one hundred years later. Stop and think, can it possibly be true? You can't shout fire in a crowded theater? Well, if there is a fire, or you really think there is one, do you need to be quiet about it? Must you remain silent as you race to pull the fire alarm? Of course not, that's absurd.
Speaker 2: Well, first of all, I always believe that I've heard it my whole life, and I always thought that was the test I heard. Sarah Isger of The Dispatch do a long piece on this probably similar to what you're about to read, like a year ago or something. She said, nothing makes me crazier as a Then somebody's saying you can't yell fire in a crowded theater. It's not true, and I thought it's not. So I listened to the whole thing, but I believed it my whole life, and I always assumed it meant if there's not a fire, not you're not allowed to yell. If there's a fire, that would be really awful.
Speaker 1: Well, right, we're working on.
Speaker 2: Is the word.
Speaker 1: But that premise leaves out some crucial details, which is precisely why that's not what Justice Holmes wrote. What he did write was this, the most stringent protection of free speech would not protect a man in falsely shouting fire in a theater and causing a panic. Notice the two qualifications. The shout of fire has to be false if there were fire, a good reasona believe there was, the prohibsion does not apply. And don't worry, there's even more to it than that.
Speaker 2: Honor.
Speaker 1: Can you be punished if you falsely shout fire in a theater? But there is no panic. That means people whose alert simply caused no panickers safe from prosecution as.
Speaker 2: For thoroughness's sake.
Speaker 1: Also note that Holmes phrase doesn't touch on whether the theaters crowded. You wouldn't get a free pass to falsely Panica theater that's only half full either. So and here's where it gets interesting.
Speaker 2: That's interesting. So five month theater and there's just three of us there. We're watching a very unpopular movie months after it came out. There's just three of us in there. It's ridiculously cold because they have the air conditioners set for a crowd. And I help fire and people say, yeah, I thought a shot of smoke too, And everybody just gets up and walks out.
Speaker 1: At regular smail, I reckon, we ought to go. This movie sucks anyway, right exactly. But again, here's where it gets really interesting. So what exactly did Shank do? Because he lost unanimously the Supreme Court case, the decision famously written by Justice Holmes, he wrote and distributed a pamphlet urging Americans to peacefully resist being drafted to fight into World War One.
Speaker 2: That's all. That's all he did.
Speaker 1: The true insidiousness of the fire in the crowded theater phrase is the way that from the very beginning. It's been wielded to justify censorship of a broad range of speech that has nothing to do with fires or theaters. His pamphlet, it's two pages, were headed long lived the Constitution of the United States. Wake up, America, your liberties are in danger. Assert your rights, quoted the Thirteenth Amendment, which abolished slavery. Labeled the draft a form of involuntary servitude and was quite well reasoned, whether you'd agree with it or not. In a democracy, in a democratic country, each man must have the right to stay whether he's willing to join the army. It also said conscription laws belong to a bygone age. That's a quote, and urged recipients quote to write your congressman and tell him you want the law repealed. Do not submit to intimidation. You have a right to appeal to any law.
Speaker 2: And for that.
Speaker 1: He was convicted of three counts of violating the Espionage Act of nineteen seventeen served six months in jail because the Supreme Court said, well, he said, this is a clear and present danger. It's like shouting fire in a crowded theater. When what he said was one hundred percent defensible under the First Amendment, the point being obviously reasonable sounding standards and examples are used from the beginning to outlaw speech. This one hundred percent defensive.
Speaker 2: So he I'd forgotten that he was. He lost that case that a lot of there are a lot of things that are happening, particularly in the early early twentieth century, that are awful, and the idea that things were better back in the day and you know, going the wrong direction on every front is not true. You know, you back to the days when that sort of thing was happening. But I'm trying to think, first of all, in the debate the other night, why did Walls bring that up? What was his point? What? How did he apply the fire theater? Did it have to do?
Speaker 1: I think with social media and the need for social media to enforce the dictates of the government to ban disinformation and misinformation. I don't remember he was holding the big platforms responsible for misinformation.
Speaker 2: And then I was trying to think, when have I ever used it before? Like I said, up until a year ago, and I'm old, I've believed it my whole life. Well it's it's true, though, right I can yell fire, Well if I if I what what happens if you get if I'm in a crowded theater and I ye'll.
Speaker 1: Think the thread that was not the key point.
Speaker 2: Well, I know, I know, I know, I know, but I'm trying to get So if I yell fire in a crowded theater and there is a panic and there was not a fire, I have committed a crime. Yes, since she caused a panic.
Speaker 1: You certainly could be held civilly liable.
Speaker 2: But I'm trying to think in what cases did I ever use Have I ever used that argument? I'm not sure I have. I think it might just be something I heard and thought was interesting, and I believe my whole life, I'm not sure I've ever used the argument. And it's just an.
Speaker 1: Expression that there is some speech that can be regulated, and then is used too to start regulating speech. Yeah, And the problem is it's always used improperly and you know, and overused interestingly enough, Oliver Weldell Holmes himself backtracked. He backpedaled not too long after that and said, you know, against peculiar or dangerous peculiar to war the principles of the right to free speech is anyway, But it sounded like he was admitting he made a mistake. And finally, in the nineteen sixty nine case Brandenburg versus Ohio, in which KKK leader AKKK leader was convicted for promising revengeance against the government in a speech before a small crowd of media and clan nut jobs, the Supreme Court pulled the plug on shank the original case to discarding its clear and present danger tests, the Court replaced it with a new test for unlawful incitement. To be punishable, speech must be quote directed to inciting or producing imminent lawless action and be quote likely to incite or produce such action.
Speaker 2: So then you got I wish I remembered all these I've read about these so many times, but I'm not good at committing this stuff to memory. And then you got the course out of San Francisco with the guy who had the F word on his jacket, I think, and whether or not he was allowed to be in a courtroom with that, and that became a big thing in the Supreme Court, I believe ruled Yeah, again, it's not cool, it's indelicate. We wish you wouldn't, but it's not against the law.
Speaker 1: And there are very, very vanishingly few limitations on the First Amendment that are legitimate.
Speaker 2: How do you deal with people who wear obnoxious shirts in public? You just hope social pressure deals with it over time. Hit him with a bat, which would happen someplaces. Yeah, get out of here, their kids.
Speaker 1: Around, Yeah, social pressure call them nasty names. From now on, I don't go to many movies, but every movie I go to, I'm gonna yell fire at the top of my lungs, just to make a point. And then I'm gonna say you know, originally, let me tell you about nineteen nineteen. This is an interesting story. If you've ever wanted to co host a radio show slash podcast, reach out to me, Joe Ketty.
Speaker 2: So you're at Barbi two, the reckoning or whatever and.
Speaker 1: Barbie two, the barbining, the pinkinning.
Speaker 2: There you go, Yes, three tries. What finished strong?
Speaker 6: Next New York, theyre Eric Adams blearned the federal bribery case against him. May Wan prosecutor said additional charges against Adams are possible and new defendants are likely, telling the judge we're moving quickly. One possible new charge witness tampering, After prosecutors said they have evidence. Adams told a witness to lie. Prosecutor said the witness was given a clear message from the defendant they should not tell the truth to the FBI. The mayor asked the judge to hold a trial by March. He says he fully intends to be on the ballot for re election a year from now.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So I meant to grab the audio because it was kind of entertaining. Yesterday, Eric Adams came out and talked to a crowd of supporters, and then there was a giant crowd there, and he walked up to the podium and said, they're trying to keep me down. They're trying to keep you down, and everybody was cheering, and we're gonna fight whoa. I mean, he had a lot of support right there from people who just think, you know, the man, somebody's out to get him. But then you combine that with both Jonathan Turley and the Wall Street Journal saying, eh, they don't have a very good case here. I'm thinking he's both guilty and going to get away with it.
Speaker 1: And being railroaded. Can you be railroaded if you're guilty? Yeah, Selective prosecution of the sort of things lots of politicians do it seemed a little egregious to me, the whole guilty ship with Turkey and everything.
Speaker 2: But I wouldn't say he's guilty of a crime. I don't know that he's guilty of a crime. I think he's guilty of doing things we don't want our politicians to do, taking ridiculous gifts from people to give them favors. I don't like that, but he certainly might not be guilty of a crime. That's the problem the whole that's the way the whole politics thing works. So it's really difficult. That's why it's so hard to prosecute bribery.
Speaker 1: Well, right, the quid pro quote, there's got to be a quo there, and speeding up the fire inspections is just not the sort of thing that gets me up at arms. I'm not saying I approve of it, and I think the guy's half a crook and he's a crackpot.
Speaker 2: But even if it's much much bigger than that, how do you unless you have in print somewhere, I wouldn't have given you this dam under any circumstances except for the fact that you gave me that plane. I mean, unless you've got that, there's always a plausible reason that you went ahead and signed off on the dam or the inspection cleared or whatever.
Speaker 1: I like lakes better than rivers. Rivers they just run right away from you. I like to look at the water. So I built a dam.
Speaker 2: And we've all seen tons of examples of that. At the example I used the other day, they couldn't get Obamacare going, which changed healthcare for all of us for the rest of our lives, until they got that senator from Nebraska to sign on. So they offered him a whole bunch of stuff in an omnibus bill to get him on board. And she said, yes, Well, how is that different than Turkey flying air adams around? Not a lot different, Not a whole lot different.
Speaker 1: No, No, indeed, And if you include the fact that so much of policy has a positive or negative effect on the very stocks that these people are fond of trading, ask Nancy Pelosi about that. I mean, then you really get into a pole. Hey, if you can vote for this, which is really going to help the corn futures in my district, I'll get you that bridge and then we'll have, you know, the stock prices go up for this other stuff we're invested in this Yes winning. Speaking of stock prices, I guess oil briefly spiked. I don't know if it'll stay spiked on Joe Biden's weird answer.
Speaker 5: About attacking noil refiners in Iran. Oh my God, admit me chorus to this history. Who prologue like your humble.
Speaker 1: Patients, prey gently to hear, kindly, to judge the final thoughts of Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 2: Here's your host for final thoughts, heyez Joe Getty.
Speaker 1: Hey, let's get a final thought from everybody on the crew to wrap things up for the day. Gleangelow, our technical director, will lead the way. Michael final thought. Yeah, I don't eat a lot of sweets anymore, but I did have one the other day. It's chocolate chip cheesecake. Whoa, it was a very small piece. Man Oh, that could be my last meal I've ever. You know, get the death penalty, that's gonna be my last.
Speaker 2: It's good to have a plan in case you get the death penalty.
Speaker 1: I think we all have that plan, which is odd since we're all fairly peaceful people. Katie Green are esteemed Newswoman. As a final thought, Katie all right, Michael, if you're into.
Speaker 3: That cheesecake factory Adam's Peanut butter cup fudge ripple, Hi.
Speaker 1: The diabean is you can take a bite.
Speaker 5: Come on.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm here to help you, Michael, not undermine you. Like the rest of these runs, I could run it off.
Speaker 2: That's exactly That sounds pretty good, Katie Jack. A final thought for us, Yeah, there's a lot of reasons to uh want to live a long life, be around for my kids, et cetera. But I want to live long enough to see the books written when people are finally honest about this period of Joe Biden being president, who is running things and making decisions and how often was he completely out of it?
Speaker 1: Kamala loses Those books will be out within a year. I think my final thought is, and I know it's odd, but a friend of mine, my neighbor, had a brush with death the other day and I've reached out to him and you know, let him know we're very, very happy it ended the way it did.
Speaker 2: But have you ever dealt with that? How can I?
Speaker 1: Because it has its after effects? What should I say to the guy? Is that what would be helpful?
Speaker 2: What's not helpful?
Speaker 1: Mail Bag at Armstrong and Getty dot com.
Speaker 2: That's super glad you're around. That's a good question. We will see you tomorrow. God bless America. I'm strong and get.
Speaker 4: You some absolutely stunning remarks.
Speaker 2: He but never gave it.
Speaker 4: Even the particular field and particularly of harsh attacks.
Speaker 1: It's one hundred on the crazy meter. Everyone knows that.
Speaker 3: Really, do want to ask you about your leadership qualities.
Speaker 2: I've become friends with school shooters and from that I learned I'm a knucklehead at times. Well, let me tell you he's gotta go to hell.
Speaker 1: No, gentlemen, there's a lot to discuss.
Speaker 2: We have to move on. Thank you all very much, Armstrong and Getty