Speaker 1: Hi, guys, this is Teddy Mellencamp and I'm joined by my friend Emily Simpson for our new spin off show Popping Off, where we are digging deep on this season of Banner Pump Rules.
Speaker 2: Hi guys, welcome to another episode of Popping Off, but instead of Emily, this week, I am with our favorite Carlos King.
Speaker 3: Hey, Teddy, and Emily. Honey, I love replacing you. Just for the day, girl, just for the day. She's an off sister. She's gonna be all jelly. I can tell already.
Speaker 2: She's not even responding. Well, now you've gotten a taste of what everybody that works with me has to deal with with me sending clips like every two seconds to update the rundown, like for everyone I know. It's the constability in you. Girl.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I'm not a ten year old Teddy. I know how to open a link and I'm not to share it Like it's okay, Teddy. I'm a journalist like you. You're Teddy Walters. I'm Carlos Winfrey. So we are great.
Speaker 2: Listen, Carlos Winfrey. There are some people that I need to micromanage a b So it's just in the habit Okay, I receive it, girl, All good, but no, right as we're about to start popping off, the last like little clip I sent was because we had just heard Brittany on a podcast or whatever talking about how don't worry guys. They picked up cameras again to start filming The Valley after everything happened with me and Jacks. So this is my question, obviously, Emily and I will recap once I think The Valley starts premiering next week. But do you think this is a publicity stunt or do you think.
Speaker 3: You know, look, I think it's one of those things now where Vanda pump Rules was on thin ice right like it was almost almost in your cancelation, and then obviously this scandalval happened, which I do believe is real. I believe that Jackson Brittany took a page out of that book because in my opinion, they're thirsty, and it's okay being thirsty, just don't be dehydrated. But they're on the verge of the hydration like the Sahara desert. Give me a water bottle, hydrate that manter and then feed it to me in my veins.
Speaker 2: Jackson and Brittany on that verge of the hydration.
Speaker 3: So I'm definitely a little like side eyeing this all of this because how convenient that Britney my Love told the world darling that don't worry, hammers are capturing this, So please tune into the Valley every Tuesday at nine o'clock a Central.
Speaker 2: Bravo like girl, get out of here. Well, my other question is, if you are going to stage your breakup, can you please do it more organized? Like I don't want to see the messy car with the eighty two trash bags and the paparazzi shots that are supposed to look like it, like how I look right now, like and like do it with like some real planning, like I'll show out, have the box is labeled, have the outfit on point, get glam like do it.
Speaker 3: It's a scene straight out of again a Bravo reality show I'm with You. Nobody goes to publics or two rafts on Hollywood Boulevard and buys hefty bags and then all of a sudden calls their glam squad and say, can you give me a bumping curl?
Speaker 2: How about to give me.
Speaker 3: A nice rint, you know, throw in a nice like track or two so I can have a bang, so I can go out with the bank. It's all stage to me, and listen, I think Jackson bringing our great television. I am not buying what they're selling on the corner of Sunset Boulevard.
Speaker 2: I'm just not buying it. I don't know. I mean, as we see, like the the new trailer was released because there was that like little mini trailer before which nobody was that excited about, and so then they dropped the like lengthier one which shows like the couple's marital woes, and like that, the additional footage is going to be aired, and then it ends with Kristen saying if I was going to deal with this bullshit something along the lines. But I was going to deal with this bullshit, I may as well still be on Vanders. I was like, one, I didn't know that was an option for you, right, you have a choice in this girl bye co. I was like, yeah, I mean I would rather do a lot of things, but you know it ain't happened, so let's let's throw them out there, like, yeah, you know what, I'd like to be nominated for an Oscar, But guess what I'm doing a podcast here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I'm with you. I would love to play Roxy hard Chicago. Okay, somebody cheat on me. I am begging for somebody to cheat on me so that I can play Roxy on Chicago. I need to fill those high heels and dance and do a split or two and study Renee Zellweger so that I like, can somebody please sleep with my man cheating on me? Let me go down to USPS buy a box? Can somebody follow me? Can glam marlow Hampton? Can your glam squad beat my face with Rihanna's finty beauty makeup so that I can give me a chance on Broadway?
Speaker 2: Well, what's your man looked like? And I'll tell you if I'll do it? Well, he does a mixture between Simon between Simon top. Oh my gosh. All you have to do is then add in who else's house husband that really wants to be on air. Marcus Jordan.
Speaker 3: By the way, listen, this is such a sidebar for you, Teddy Joe. I think Marcus is so hot, and I've been Larsa clean them up. He's like, I don't know, I have to think on Marcus Jordan.
Speaker 2: No, I think he's hot too, but he When we're talking about Simon and we're also talking about Peter, we are talking about guys that like to be on camera. This next headline before we get into recapping the episode, it's a picture of Lalla and Amber and Ocean and Lalla stepdaughters. They're all together for Ocean's birthday, and it's creating a lot of discussion because it's showing those everybody together. To me, this isn't shocking, No, if you're inside, Like, if my husband and I were to get divorced tomorrow, I would be such an asshole if I didn't continue building the relationship that I've had with my stepdaughter for the past fifteen years. Not only asshole, I love her and if I didn't talk to him, I would talk to like, I don't, don't. I don't think it's a big deal, but some people think it's very bizarre for two ex's of the same person just communicate, do you No.
Speaker 3: I'm with When I saw that, I'm like, what's what's the big deal here? Like what's the beef? Because for me, it goes to show you the growth of La La and I know we're going to get into van the pum rules. I am such a lalla fan. I think she's so mature. I think she's she has shown such growth in her evolution as a woman that I really do like her. So what that picture showed me was she's a grown ass woman who gave a new meeting to the word oceans eleven like, I'm here for it. I was here for all the ocean. I was here for the blending of the families. I think it's dope.
Speaker 2: And they're sisters, Like, let's not forget that. Yes, they are sisters. So like, if she didn't extend that invite, if she didn't build that relationship with am but regardless of what happened to them in the past, you're.
Speaker 3: Screwing that up for your own kid, Yeah, and the kid grow up blaming you.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So build those relationships even if it's hard, and there's going to be highs and lows. And clearly they didn't always get along and they had a rocky start, but they have moved on. So I don't get what the big deal is. I truly don't. And you got me to move on this next one. Tom Sandoval details decision to give sena thousands vander Pump Rules Pass Reacts. This is a Bravo article here. Speaking alongside Tom Schwartz on the vander Pump Rules after Show, Sandaval said he chose to help Shena out during the pandemic for two simple reasons. I knew Shina was struggling with money, and she's my friend. I don't want it to be a big deal with her either, he added, I want her to literally forget it happened. What's more, I've done many things like that for many people, Sandoval said, I don't want people to think it's just me sort of buying their loyalty or anything like that. Katie Maloney admitted on Vana Popple's after show helping Sheena out was a really nice and very generous thing to do, but at the end of the day, she doesn't think it really speaks to someone's character or how they're going to show up, like thanks for the money, but also you're not a good person. I don't see how that's just completely overshadows or outweighs the damage and bullshit. I also am curious is this a loan or a gift to me? There's two very big differences. Financially, I don't loan money. I don't you give if I am going to give, if I want to. If I'm going to give somebody money, I will assume it will never come back because if not, it ruins friendships. It ruins relationships. If I make the choice to do something, I'm looking at it as a gift.
Speaker 3: Do you need your loan money? I have nine siblings, so I think you're ash. I think the answer lies with them. That you know what's funny boy me, Teddy, I loan I'm a loan shark. So if I loan you money, you have to tell me the date you're paying me back. It could be a month from now, a day from now, or a year from now. I will keep the date on my calendar and then I will then all you and say, hey, it's the thirteenth of November, where's my money?
Speaker 2: And if you don't pay me back, that's okay.
Speaker 3: You can never ask me for money, and I won't get an attitude.
Speaker 2: I won't be mad. That's how I rolled. Okay, Well, I can't respect that. But do you really not get an attitude? Because most people I know that loans money and then they expect to get it back. They made for ten They don't get upset. My husband will loan money like he does it and he acts like it's going to be fine, and then he's always disappointed when the person lets him down. See that's the thing. I'm disappointed.
Speaker 3: But I already knew, upon cash apping selling you the money, that there's a probability I would not get it back.
Speaker 2: And if I do, I'm always like, oh, I'm always shocked.
Speaker 3: Right, But I have a sibling, this is gonna be so crazy for you, Teddy. He borrows money from me every week so and pays it back to me, but then ask for it back two days later. And it's to the point I said to him, just keep it.
Speaker 2: How much money do you think you're into him? At this point?
Speaker 3: If I had to total how much money my family owes me, yeah, I mean this is.
Speaker 2: Not that I have it on my I don't hold a grudge, but it's exactly what I have a post a wall. But you know it's I'm a launch twelve thousand dollars in total. See, I don't want to know that number. I don't want to know it for myself. I just want to look at it like a gift. And then I don't want to ever. I don't want my accountant to tell me about it again. I don't want to talk about it again. Once it's given, it's given and it's done, and I have to block it out now.
Speaker 3: I'm with you, but I walk like this about Tom's character, which, by the way, lack thereof. If you loan someone money, it's not for the world to know. I'm not going to expose that to the world, right.
Speaker 2: But he didn't expose it Sena did. Well.
Speaker 3: There is the thing. I wouldn't even comment on it. I would just be like, the thing for me is this, at the end of the day, you're a man, right, And I feel like, as a man who loaned a woman money with everything you said like you did it because she's your friend, all those things, I wouldn't even give it that much attention. You know, Lets Sheena do what Sheena does, what she does best, create you know, a moment and listen.
Speaker 2: I'm not mad at it, but as a man, it's sort of like, let her have it.
Speaker 3: Not everything deserves a response, Tom, and you should know that basically on the interviews you have done lately, well, he could.
Speaker 2: Have just said, of course, I love her, I do anything for her. You know, whats it? That's it. You don't need to say how many other people you've done it for. You've done that, Like it just becomes.
Speaker 3: You've done a lot to other people, Tom Sandival, You've done people.
Speaker 2: You've done a lot to people. You've been in people. Wow, there's been good and there's been bad. But I also want then it made me go down the rabbit hole. Do you think he gave Rachel any money when she needed it?
Speaker 3: I think he gave her money for other things, if you catch my drift. I think it was a nice you know, I think it was. You know, hey, we're about to have this reunion. How about we have this same story. And I don't know there could be a fee attached, you know. I definitely think listen, Tom is greasy, and not because of his hair.
Speaker 2: See, I don't. I think I think she was just as down for as he was in the beginning.
Speaker 3: In the beginning, but I think once it got exposed, I think she had some Listen to me, I felt she had some remorse, but she had to continue the story that her man at the time said, we got to stick to the script and that and that to me is why I feel sorry for Rachel.
Speaker 2: Well, if you had to pick, would you rather be engaged to Tom Sandoval or to James Kennedy? Can I tell your secret me you and the popper? The popper is the popper offers, don't don't we haven't come over the name Teddy.
Speaker 3: I think James Kennedy is so sexy. I think he's so hot. Let me tell you why he's such a badass. I love the way he performed at the reunion and how he was about to beat Tom's ass turned me on so strong.
Speaker 2: It was like it was like they gave me such the egg. Now.
Speaker 3: It was like he was in Greece and he was playing John Travolta, and I was the blonde with the with the scar in the black top, and I just wanted to hot behind his bicycle so he could ride me the sunset.
Speaker 2: Absolutely not. Couldn't this way, iHeart? Can you please find me a different host for the rest of them? Well, you sand between top scat the ball and I did he answer that way? You know I was leading you. I mean you could have just said, James, you wouldn't own it a little deeper. But no one beats Tom Schwartz. Sorry, we call it. By the way, we also from here on out, you have to call Tom Schwartz Tom, It's just Shorts. We call him Shorts. Okay. Wow. So this next one is regarding the mid season trailer, so it starts with Shorts. So Santava is not a trash person. He just did a trash thing. Aria Anna questions this with a trash thing, and then Shorts and Katie are both seen making out with Sheena's nanny, Torri. Then Sandoval looks to be asking Schwartz to move into his house with him, which we know now has not happened, or I don't think it's happened. Then James tell your boy. James tells Ali that he sees having babies in their future, and then she goes, you know what, I never see I've never felt that. No, and then Sandoval jacks Jack shows up, confronts Jack for talking shit and the whole world has talked shit about you. Then Shena tells Brock, I don't think you and I are going to be together forever. I can't would have, and then arian and Sandoval come face to face, with Ariana storming off telling a producer he just wants thirty seconds for the audience. He just doesn't care if I die in a ditch. Santaval tells Lala, Shena and Shorts that Marianna has talked shit about all you Well, of course you all have talked shit about all of each other. And then Sheena asked sand of all what she means to him, and Sandoval says, she means a lot. You know what that gave me. Remember when we were younger and we'd be like, do you like me? Check yes, no, or maybe? And they checked maybe, and then you're so embarrassed. I always got checked yes, Ted, I don't know what you're talking about. I got maybe twice and it was the same person. And then he told me he likes Kate Seruno, but if it didn't work out with Kate, then he'd come back around me. That's what. It didn't work out with Kate, then he came back around. I had moved on. I was done with Gingers. That's right, girl, and you never look back. I can retain that information from third grade from Bradley Reagan, but like I can't remember, not the government.
Speaker 3: Name Jesus listening, by the way, along with his wiping two kids in the back seat playing Pokemon girl.
Speaker 2: Oh well, he shouldn't have checked, maybe because he scarred me. Then a couple years later, when he wanted to do seven minutes in Heaven, I wasn't having it. You can do it. Oh, I'd moved on. I was done. I like trip by then. Oh my gosh. Okay. This last sideline before we get into the episode is Rachel accuses Lisa vander Pump of victim shaming and spreading propaganda to whitewash Tom Sanval. The People article is here. Sometimes I feel like if I were to use the word propaganda, somebody has written it for me. Sometimes I feel that way about Rachel.
Speaker 3: She has a publicist who has graduated with a degree in journalism and social studies. So well, yeah, listen, you can't blame Lisa Vanda Pump for this. And I know that people want to blame her as this maniacal like person. And I'm only talking about Vanda Pump Reules, not the other show. My opinion, I listened, Tom did what he did, He behaved the way he behaved. I don't think anyone is to blame for the behaviors of the aftermath of what happened but the person at the epicent term all of this, and that's Tom. So give Lisa Vanda Pump a pass on this one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, she said on her Rachel Goes Rogue podcast, You're welcome that vander Fump knows exactly what she's doing. Levis clarified that the video was recorded over a FaceTime call and only learned of its existence when it was sent to her. Levis confessed that vander Funk's public stance doesn't feel good. This is my question about Rachel Goes Rogue. Is she going to ever talk about something other than Tom Sandfall and listen, I'm sitting chair recapping, popping off about vander Pump rules. I get it, but I'm not talking like if I spent an entire amount of time solely talking about Lisa vander Pump every single episode, I don't understand. I don't get it. We don't other things, honey, there's nothing else to talk about. What what what was was she eats for breakfast?
Speaker 3: Or what peloton instructor she uses in the morning. Like I don't get too sh about what Rachel does her past time.
Speaker 2: I want to know everything. Are you sure you're not curious if it's Cody or Robin. Honey. For me, it's Alex Tucson. If you really want to know my jam. I like him, but sometimes I need the music. Sometimes the music's like too chill for the peloton. Let's go. You're right there, So now I think, listen, it's called Rachel go rogue. She's going rogue. She's like you to everybody involved in this show.
Speaker 3: I am going to state my case because she did not film last season, which bother ry Rachel I would have definitely filmed, got my check and then quit, Like who's representing you, honey, I.
Speaker 2: Have sneaky suspicion. Well, no, now that this lawsuits, I feel like we're going to see her somewhere else, Like she'll be on like not House of Villains with the marriage boot camp, Like where is she going to go? Well, I don't know. Now that the lawsuits involved, it makes things a little trickier. But anyways, we're going to take a quick break and we'll come back to recap episode seven of Vanderpump Rules. We are about to talk about vander Pump Rules. I'm here with Carlos King because Emily is out of town and I'm so happy to have you here. Yes, the episode starts where everyone is back from Tahoe. Tom arrives back at his house and Ariana is there his assistant Anne. I love that Ann is dressed up to go to the Barbie movie and like gets embarrassed that shit, we're going to go there, because I'm like, what are we doing? But sandals. He feels optimistic about the trip and there was not very many fights. I was like, you know what that's like when I go onto Twitter and I'm like, people like me. He's the Lulu. He's He's definitely on the de Lulu side of the world. But again, he likes to and I do believe this about him.
Speaker 3: He has created his own reality because he's not trying to live in it.
Speaker 2: It's too painful. Yeah, that makes sense, But him tiptoeing into his house having this connversation with Ann, like all of it. Then once again, Arianna has clothing all over her bed everywhere. Why if you're not moving out, why is there stuff everywhere? Can I tell you a very unpopular statement. Sure, I am.
Speaker 3: Over this, Arianna, Like, oh I got cheated on. You're not the first woman to get cheated on. Like I'm so over this sort of like whate is me? What happened to you is bad and I was on your side, sister, I'm not on your side anymore in the sense of you keep telling this same story. Leave the house, you're not married, you don't have any children, Move to Chicago, learn some dance steps, and then go to New York City and hop on Broadway going to dance with the stars.
Speaker 2: We shgain till later.
Speaker 3: I'm so sick and tired of Arianna acting. I say, she's the only woman in the world that has been cheated on.
Speaker 2: See, that's not even the part that drives me nuts. The part that really drives me nuts is please don't question our I mean, granted, I'm not the smartest person in the world, but I don't suggest that I have zero intelligence by acting like. What you're trying to say is if anybody films with this man, you don't want to be friends with them, that you want him fire And you know what, it didn't happen. It didn't happen. So now everybody else wants to keep their jobs, so of course they are going to film with them. So just move on, do what you gotta do. Yes, you can still be annoyed. You can still be frustrated. You can still say you don't personally want to have conversations with him, but you want your friends to lose their job.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's because she has multiple jobs. It's because she has multiple strengths and InCom she doesn't care about anyone else but herself.
Speaker 2: And again, I feel horrible for what happened to her.
Speaker 3: Nobody should go through that, right, I mean, I'm not going to talk about the fact that, allega, Lee, you are a side chicked too, allegedly, but we'll get to that on another time.
Speaker 2: I watched the show, so, oh, that's you, Denise Richard's of you watched the show.
Speaker 3: And apparently sudden So then I'm just sort of like, in order for this show to have life, you can't have your friends not film with this guy. It's was feeding their family, their dogs, paying their mortgages. And to me, it's not like they're officiating his wedding, you know, it's not like they're throwing a party for him. They're literally filming scenes with him and hanging out with him. Is not that big of a deal. It's not that big of a deal. And what it's doing because she has the stances. It's making it very hard to like Katie. Oh girl, now that Katie, honey Katie.
Speaker 2: Because person I love Katie, so I know this, But every time I've ever hung out with her in a social setting, she has been funny and nice and self deprecated like all the really capable.
Speaker 3: No, no, let's be clear, I like Katie of all the cast members. I will hang out I pick and Wes Withthercy, Barbie with La La, and then I would go to Tom Tom to like dance the night of a with Katie, like Katie's my girl, Katie, I don't know who's kool aid you've been drinking with the extra ounce of sugar.
Speaker 2: It makes no sense to me why she.
Speaker 3: She really has like this hard on that this man should be exiled from from the existence of West Hollywood or Encino or or Calabasas.
Speaker 2: And she is more.
Speaker 3: Angry than Arianna girl, Like I don't understand the levels because it's a difference. You should have a disdain for him like I do. But it's the level of this Dane that Katie has for him. The way she was talking to La La.
Speaker 2: Calmed down, but I started to realize what it's about she blames Sandoval for why her and Shortz couldn't make it, instead of blaming Shorts, instead of saying Schortz didn't have the balls to be the man I needed him to be and grow up and treat me the right way, And instead of saying it's because of him, she's sag. And my guess is she thinks Sandoval was the influence or the catalyst to create that bad behavior from Shorts.
Speaker 3: Ladies, stop blaming your man's boy for his behavior. You know you can't blame the influence of his friends for what he did. Tom Schwartz is a brown ass man. He knew what he was doing. I mean, let's be clear, he hid the affair from the friend group, right, so he's he's consciously aware of what's wrong or right. He knew what he was doing, So take your anger out on him. She's so and Katie, I love you. You're so pretty. Behind me, You're coming across like a bitter Betty, and I just think you need to hop on a peloton bike along with Rachel and just like go dance the night away from a twenty minute cycle.
Speaker 2: I'm over it. I just feel like between this the whole conversation when they're and even Sheena getting back into like the Dancing with the Stars of it all, little girl, that was hard whether she's having the conversation with the fact that she's felt okay to have this conversation with now three set different scenes, first with Laala, then with vander Pump at Casa Rosa, then at the whatever the restaurant is. It's on Beverly and I forget what his name is where she had hooked up with the bartender in two thousand and six. Go go many times, telling it like we get it, but also I want to be clear. My name has been up for Dancing with the Stars a bunch of times too, Like your reps can reach out to wherever. If I made the choice tomorrow to start dance lessons without ever getting a job offer, that's on me, Like I've never gotten an offer from Dancing with the Stars that I've turned down. If all of a sudden tomorrow I don't know, sudden went on Dancing with the Stars. I couldn't be mad at Sutton because he took this job from me. Offers are I didn't have a job. Yeah, it's not this a thing.
Speaker 3: It's not like you two went up on an audition to that that Emma Stone one and being in right like it's mad at Emma Stone and her broken dress of the Oscars. This is Dance with the Stars the way it works, Sheena girlfriend, everybody gets pitched for the gig and they choose. Let's let's have a real conversation, Teddy Joe, you get chosen based on your relevancy during that season.
Speaker 2: That's all it is.
Speaker 3: Again, if Tom did not cheat on Arianna, none of you girls would be on Dancing with the Stars.
Speaker 2: It is what it is. So clearly she.
Speaker 3: Got chosen because of the scandal, and that's it.
Speaker 2: Granted. Then, Ariana was very talented and very good and well loved her on Dancing with the Stars. I'm not saying that she wouldn't be, but all of it seems like they're just grasping for straws at this point. Everybody's put up for a lot of jobs. Sometimes you get them, sometimes you don't do I think it was like some kind of diss that Ariana took this job that she knew she Da wanted. All of us in reality television are going to take jobs other people wanted. At some point in time, everybody's getting pitched and we all want money. I mean, that's it. Then we get to Ariana and La La getting coffee together. Ariana shows Lalla pictures. I mean they're just really just trying to dig it for Ariana, just really make her unlikable, like her showing the photos from her photo shoot, her doing like then Lala defend Sheena for getting ripped apart on Instagram, then Ariana saying she wouldn't actually do anything. Pretty much what Lala is doing is saying, I'm not going to let this season flop and I will put every bit of work I need to to make sure it doesn't.
Speaker 3: And we call that force multiplier and we needed it. We needed it. Listen, I am obsessed with Lala this season because she's calling shit out the way she sees it. And again she also notices this the way her and my man James Kennedy took up for Arianna at the reunion, like they gave it to Tom deservingly. Tom.
Speaker 2: It was about their past relationships and residual anger towards.
Speaker 3: That one hundred, but of course it was to show Arianna like, yeah, girl, we have your back. So when we get another season, girl, like, you know, we want to come back to because you need friends. And I think La La, who's a smart business woman, I think she understood, like you're really milking this story a lot. With the stage photo shoots with Ken Pays.
Speaker 2: Doing your hair, I'm assuming it bad. I was like Jessica Simpson's hair guy. Yes, girl, I Hollywood Kitchen.
Speaker 3: Yes, Ken Pavis did your hair, and it was I think Laala is sort of like she woke up and said, Ariana is milk.
Speaker 2: Eate this shit and I'm over it.
Speaker 3: Like at some point to your point, Teddy, the show has to go long because the fear is this A lot of people are afraid that this may be the last season of the show just because of how this jointed the cast is. And I think Laala knew that this show had a second win in life and she really wants this to have staying power.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we can't they can't just harbor on this over and over and over again, which they then do when they go to the restaurant where Arion is not even there at this point, it's just Katie, Lala, Shena and then the girl from last year that was pregnant. That's not pregnant now because she ordered an espresso martini. That was my take from the entire episode. But that's all I was like, Oh, she's drinking again. I guess she's not pregnant anymore. Like that's what happened. Well, she had a baby, but like they don't show it. Just bring her back in, not like how's the baby? Nothing, no mention. We just happen to bring her back into our lives as if we like, give us, give her something, like have her pushing the stroller and hand it to her husband, Like give us something when she comes Like nope, she's just there. No one asked her one question about herself, her life. One cares, No one cares. But then Christina, she's like, I'm gonna get my I'm gonna get baby my day right here. Christina as Shena if Sandoval was more sad to lose his friendship with Sheena than Arianna, and she says yes, because he was so miserable with Ariana. They compare the situation of Jackson. Brittany Lala says he is still running around town even though he's married. This is the perfect segue to the valley. They're like, here, you go because they're all friends. They did that nicely. No, it was good, it was good. No, they're they're they're the best at it.
Speaker 3: But yeah, it was Listen that little ponderosa the girls had, I thought it was so telling to just based on like how in sechuous the group is. But yeah, like I said, I really appreciated, you know, the conversation because it goes show you that when it comes to these relationships, it could change at the drop of a dying Yeah.
Speaker 2: But also I'm a little bit I do wonder, especially because the sandwich something about her hasn't opened yet or anything like that. I am worried that at the end of the day, the way that Katie rides so hard girl for Ariana, would Arianna do the same for her because she's ten past years. Like Arianna sat there, why Shortz was saying terrible things to Katie and not that she didn't say terrible things back to him, but like it wasn't like she had this big fight for her that I can recall.
Speaker 3: No, listen, in this episode, listen, I know, I maybe getting a hint and a sun op bring a bait, but Arianna kind of showed what type of friend she is, and the way she led Sheena out there to dry you know, like the way she did not like have her back publicly. Let me tell you something. I have been producing reality for almost twenty years. Trust me when I tell you listeners, when a cast member, and you know this very well, Teddy Jose, you tell me if I'm wrong. There's a few cast members, There's two, particularly in Bibley Hills.
Speaker 2: Who really feed into the fandom.
Speaker 3: And the way they act on camera is because they're thinking about what the fans are going to say. And that's what Arianna was doing. So she already showed me, honey with talper friend she is, She's not anyone's friends. She's the only person she spriends with. Last named Fargo, first named Welles.
Speaker 2: Well. I mean, it's going to get a little it's gonna get a little dicey, I think as it continues on. But I also want to know why do we think the bartender wouldn't sign a release because they didn't show his face?
Speaker 3: I mean, this is gonna sound slow shady, as Sheena apologize in advance, it has nothing to do with you, girl, not really. I think he was like, do I want the world to know a bang shena like, I just I just don't think he'd wanted that out there, you know, like I.
Speaker 2: Mean you got to be like you. He's probably on here because he wants to be an actor first. So for him to say, I don't want my face shown, girl, I'm telling you this. Can I do the math? And then I think two thousand and six, how many years ago was that? That is?
Speaker 3: Add the one plus the two. Now that's nineteen years ago.
Speaker 2: So nineteen years ago? Are we guessing he was the bartender at sir when they when this happened, I was like, where where is the time gone? And how do you That's my point. When he walked when she walked in, like a shit of all the shifts to get into I got this ship. By the way, you could tell he was Hodges base on his arms. I just like she she knows a baddie baby. But she tried to like lighten the mood, but Katie wasn't having it. Maybe it is a sower pust this season. I don't like it.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: Then Lisa goes to Tom Tom or of course the pump gate has been installed a frontad Santaval tells her Taha is great. He is worried about Rachel and he misses her. But then this is where Lisa does her best work, where she pretty much says, I spoke to Rachel and Rachel's done and you see his face like But also, how does Lisa know this before Tom? How the dog told her Hippy Lucia, We'll just see they all look together. These dogs talk shit about every They all talk shit about everybody in the kennel. So Lisa, listen.
Speaker 3: Lisa Vanda Pump obviously loves the chest pieces.
Speaker 2: Right in the words of our friend.
Speaker 3: Kyle, she is Bobby Fisher to me, and that's not a diss so leave me alone.
Speaker 2: It goes to show you how smart you are. Thank you.
Speaker 3: So she Lisa Vanda Pump never wants to be on the on the on the side of wrong, so of course she in my opinion, she wanted it was less about Tom girl.
Speaker 2: It was more about the world.
Speaker 3: Knowing that I keep in touch with Rachel and you know, I talked to her and I come saw her and her friends, you know all those things. It was more to let the audience know that she has a relationship with this woman, which apparently she doesn't because Rachel went bro and said, y'all don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, I think what was happening was they were in negotiations with Rachel at this time, and so Lisa probably talked to her. But also she couldn't have just said she's done with you, Tom. She had to say she doesn't love you anymore. I mean, like, can't you leave that for somebody else to tell? Like she's done with you would have been fine, but like, she doesn't love you anymore. But Lisa had a couple good little nuggies which I appreciated, not only the pump sign out front, which is which is a clear message to the Toms, you know who the real boss is, but then also saying I don't need to let up two point five percent partner. Know these types of things.
Speaker 3: Absolutely Now who gets a two point five review on yeop? So Lisa is all about business and she knows that you aren't somebody I want to align myself with. And you're right, I'm the boss and I will remain the boss.
Speaker 2: But the fact that she was able to turn that two point five percent partnership into an entire season long a couple of years back really shows the excellent of how she can move the pieces. She's great. Listen, you gotta give it to Lisa. She is great and she sent this episode a lot. Then she meets Lala at her office with her assistant. This part, I'm happy for la La, but I don't really think there's anything we need to recap. She's rebranding, she's her new she's she's stronger. She sees a different side of her that's less about her. This next part is a jump scare. What Joe's confessional? What is happening? Because Joe is It's more just like there was like one little barette here, And I'm not shaming how she aesthetically looks. I think she's a pretty Listen, I think she's pretty. AKA people have told me I look like her.
Speaker 3: I probably like her tool put the barrette on the side, and like all of it was just a lot for me to take in.
Speaker 2: Like Kenny, it was a lot.
Speaker 3: Of the producer, the DP or the lightning guy for everybody to take it.
Speaker 2: That's when you know you're doing too much. But also how tall is she? Like is she's seven to one? She kept seeing the tall people side, the tall side. I'm like, I've been her on shorts. He's not that tall. You're not taller than shorts, So like, are you my height? I'm five to three. If I kept calling myself tall, Like, how tall are you? Joe? I need to know? Send me a DM lease. Oh she will after this, baby, don't worry like I just need to know how tall are you? Why is it such a problem? But yeah, and then yeah, I mean, I just I can't. I can't get over to the confessional. Joe looks like I do when I'm leaving the horse show and I'm tired and I'm done and I'm exhausted. I put what my daughter's bred in my hair so I don't lose it, and then I show up, I'm wind blown, hangover. Actually, Joe looks like me right now on this podcast.
Speaker 3: No, daddy, you're the fan. You look much better. No shade, you look good, pink background and all.
Speaker 2: Yes, Okay. Then the last week we get to their final scenes, which is James, Schwartz, Santaval and Brock go to I think It's the Stinking Rose or whatever it is, where you turn the thing upside down when you're done eating. They have this meat eating competition which actually grosses me out. I don't need I like a good meat eating Wow. Hey, I stand by my original statement. But they're talking about how the girls are all doing astrology night, which then we zip on over to the girls all sitting around with Ali, who I like, Yeah, but I don't. I've been I've been a part on TV a couple of times where you're getting your astrology read or you're rising things and all of that. But I really do have a hard time like suspending my belief that, like you're not taking some sort of outside information. It's like me saying I watched Beverly Hills and I'm not biased. Now listen, that's very true.
Speaker 3: There is a level of insight, right, Yeah, and that's why it's hard, especially you know, if they if they choose to be on camera. I think that's kind of maybe the giveaway to Yeah, but.
Speaker 2: I mean, this is Ali's profession. But she's like telling everybody things we already know where I'm like, you hang out with them, of course you're, Oh, that's because you're Cabricorn rising. But I mean it was good. It was a fine episode. I like how they have it all ready to queue up with Jackson next week's episode and then leading right into the valley. Do you think the Valley is going to be better than vander Pump rules.
Speaker 3: No, he's the easy answer. Nope, thought needed one brain cell activated. No, I don't look. I just I just don't see it because the leads aren't the most likable people in the world. So I just don't know if I this is being teddy. I don't know if I care. Well, listen, I could be wrong. But here's the thing.
Speaker 2: One of the leads, uh Nia, I know her because we go to church together, and she is like and she could be fooling me, but to my in my experience, she has been nothing but like nice and kind and like she's a pageant girl, but like she has always been super super nice, and her husband has has been very very nice. And then all of a sudden they called him something like his flit personality or his other So I feel like there's going to be some drama. But I just don't know if I'm going to care.
Speaker 3: I know that couple, Yeah, I just I just don't know if I care not and listen, this is my opinion could be unpopular. I don't know if I care about this season of Vanda palm rules. I think the shock of the scandal led all of us back into this season, and it hasn't all the time lived up to the hype. Not all the time. I thought this past episode's fine. It was definitely better than most I saw this season.
Speaker 2: But I don't know. I just I would be interested. I would be more interested to hear why, like Shina doesn't think that she is going to make it with Brock, Like those types of conversations is where we have to lead. What Longa's plan is now that she's going to have, Like I hope that's where this season and is going to go to, like how she selected the sperm donor all of those types of things, you know, if she wants to be in another relationship, what the plan was. But I think when we saw the clip of Laala saying once she is pregnant again, she doesn't want to give any man the power to take away her child, which I think, I thought that was powerful. I thought that was so powerful and it's something I hadn't really thought of in that way when I was here, and I was like, Holy, that's true. You have to share your weekends, you have to share your like your holidays and that's hard. Yeah, listen, all jokes aside.
Speaker 3: My favorite moment of the episode is that because you know you and I we like the real shit, you know, not the not the made for TV stuff. I And even in her confession though, where she teared up, I by far my favorite moment.
Speaker 2: It was so real and it hit me like a ton of breaks. It really did. And that's why I care more about Shena and Brock than I do about Shina being on Dancing with the Stars because or like the picture on the website of the holding being next to Tom, like, I don't care. Yeah, And to be honest, I don't really care about Shorts and Katie hooking up with the same chick. Don't care neither. That's what I'm saying to you. I want us to get some news. I do. I wouldn't mind seeing Joe get upset, though, because nobody really, no girl really wants to be a friends with benefits.
Speaker 3: No, And even when it was exposed in the confessional, the difference of stories or.
Speaker 2: How they thought about each other. Yeah, no, Like I wouldn't mind seeing her blow a little on that. I'm fine with it. Let's go. Thanks for tuning into Popping Off, make sure to tune in. Next week we will be covering van pump rules in the Valley