Speaker 1: Thank you so much everybody for joining us on this Park Copper episode of Magical Rewind and man, do we have one for you. Today we are going back to well, one of our favorite worlds. Frankly, both Sabrina and I absolutely love these movies and are so honored to welcome our guests today because well, she's the star and that's pretty cool. And I don't know if I'm trying not to get my hopes up to see if we're gonna get some dirt on the new one coming out. Yes, but we can't wait any longer. We're gonna try. We are gonna try. We'll see if we can coax something out of her, but please, please please help us. Welcome the star of the Zombies franchise, Meg Donnelly. Thank you so much for joining us.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for having me. I'm so happy that we could do this, and thank you so much for your time.
Speaker 1: No, are you kidding? It's so worth the wait. We are here. We cannot wait to talk to you. Were like, maybe we're gonna be able to find out some stuff about the new.
Speaker 2: Movie coming Yeah.
Speaker 1: But I don't know.
Speaker 3: We just know our listeners are dying to find out about that new one, but we'll get into the first ones first. What was your actual audition process for this amazing movie that you ended up being the star.
Speaker 2: Of When I was like, I had just turned sixteen and I was auditioning and I said it like a self tape first, and then there was just a bunch of like chemistry reads, so like you go in person and it was a bunch of addisons and a bunch of z's, like all reading together and we're all being mixed and matched and in like the waiting room, Milo and I even if we were matched up with other people, like, we were just talking to each other the entire time, and so I think they kind of saw that and then they paired us up together and then from then on we were kind of like always paired. I think there was like how many chemistry were I think there was like three or four chemistry reads.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a really long, crazy time, but we just had the best time. And yeah, so then when we got past did which was so cool, we got to do chemistry reads with all the BUCkies and the Breeze and all of that. And I actually thought Trevor who plays Bucky was the choreographer when I walked in. He was just so incredible.
Speaker 1: We talked to Trevor. We talked to Trevor. Trevor was so much fun to talk. He is the best.
Speaker 2: Oh, he's the best. He has such a contagious energy.
Speaker 1: He was just telling us all about having to do He's like, I have to jump through the giant poster, like it has to be me. I have to do that. So uh oh man. We had so much fun. But now I have a question for you. So, as you're reading for this, did you know that this was supposed to be a television show? So first, had you heard about this or did you know that this was just a film franchise.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, when I was auditioning for it, like during the Chemistry is we looked up there was. It never aired, but it was a pilot in like twenty like twelve thirteen something like that, And yeah, it was a pilot. It was called like Zombies Verse Cheerleaders and it was like Zeed Addison, Bucky Bonzo, like a lot of the same characters and it was sort of similar concept, but it was going to be like a musical TV show And then it never aired. It was only a pilot. And then years were spent in between trying to figure out how to get the concept still greenlit, and then it became a movie and it became zombies, so so wild. So yeah, we found that out from the casting people when we were there auditioning, and we were like, that's so cool. But like Mitchell originally played Addison, which was like so cool. Who else someone from Teen Beach Movie as well played Bucky. Yeah, I'm trying to fill in in Teen Beach Movie.
Speaker 1: Yes, John DeLuca Luca, Yeah, John de Luca.
Speaker 2: Hey, yeah. So yeah, it's such a crazy small world.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, I mean, and what this was probably you know, so we've got the High School Musical franchise. Now that the the Channel is really starting to see the longevity in some of these brands, and were you guys want to I mean, you were definitely one of, if not the first to sign on for Did you guys sign on for at least a two A two picture deal?
Speaker 1: Three?
Speaker 3: There's a three? Okay, so you signed on for three of them? How cool was that to know? Like at this point right now, I'm signing on to something that I'm going to be a part of for years now, Like it's gonna be it's not gonna be a one and done thing. Sure, we're going on for years. That's amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was incredible. I I think when we made the first one, we really had no idea how it was going to do, nor did I think Disney know. So when it kind of, you know, became what it has become and we kind of saw it all unfold, I really don't think we had any expectations. Like we were definitely very optimistic and hopeful, but I never in a million years would have thought that any of this would be happening. That we have filmed a fourth one, Like what have no idea? So it's just been incredible and so grateful. I'm so happy to have it a part of my life for so long.
Speaker 1: So now where we Okay, we know how you got Zombies project when you're doing all the auditioning and you're doing the chemistry reads and all that stuff, But what got you into that room? How did you start in the industry and how did you side this is what you wanted to do?
Speaker 2: Well? Since I was a kid, I grew up a theater kids, so I loved theater, and I grew up watching like Disney and Nickelodeon, and so I think I just knew that I really wanted to do that. I had also been auditioning for Disney since I was like nine or ten, So I feel like I was always like all the general casting calls and already I was just like a part of that since I was really little, and so I think I just always had audition for them, and like in my mind, I guess optimistically, I was always like, there's going to be.
Speaker 1: One, Yeah, one that's right for me.
Speaker 2: That's right for me, And it just happened to be Addison, which is really cool.
Speaker 1: Just happened to be one of their most one of the biggest franchises in the history of the channel.
Speaker 3: Is that what you're saying, for the perfect one to just explode with? I love it? And then you had already done or appeared in Sound of Music the live TV special was that? So what would you say, was like acting always your number one? Or was it singing or you know, were you always are dancing? Were you always hoping to do a triple the type thing or did you get pulled towards one direction more so?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean when I was a kid, the goal was always like Broadway in theater because I just loved theaters. So I guess it's all kind of three and yeah, and then when I was like eleven or twelve, I just started doing like TV acting, movie acting, and it was a challenge at first because I was such a theater kid that like everything I did was.
Speaker 1: Like energy futter energy works.
Speaker 2: For Disney, but for everything else it was And so yeah, I don't know if anything has been above the other ever, But I think music is something that I really enjoy and love, and that's why I love so much about musicals or even just making music on my own. I think having music involved in anything is just really special, awesome.
Speaker 3: Like I have to ask you a little bit about dance. It's like part of my blood. I feel like, and this movies We've only watched the first one so far, but is hands down my favorite choreography that's great, including the movies that I was involved in, this is like, hands down the best choreography. I loved it. So I need to know, like what your experience was with either with you know, the prepping before you even got this gig and on set, how much like that energy, what you learned from or what you felt like you were helping others with what was your guys' like dance world with this one.
Speaker 2: Right, first off, you can't say that because Cheetah Girls will always be the blueprint of everything site I grew up on that that was like my favorite I dressed up, I had like a cheetah tail and everything that I went. Oh, I was obsessed with Cheetah Girls. So yeah, that's if you.
Speaker 3: Could get me a picture of you with a Cheetah tails, that would be a first one. I've never seen.
Speaker 2: A Cheetah tale.
Speaker 3: I've seen the ears, but the tale, I'm like, oh, I love it. I'm bumping it up a whole other notch. Wow, I was.
Speaker 2: I was obsessed still am.
Speaker 1: So Cheetah Girls was your favorite t com.
Speaker 2: Because we always ask I always say that because like musical too, obviously, but I feel like Cheetah Girls was like I watched it all the time. Also, like I don't know if many people know, like Fuego, like the song.
Speaker 3: That's from our arts, not a soundtrack, it's from our actual album. Yes, my favorite.
Speaker 2: Favorite song growing up. I'm always putting people on It's such a good song.
Speaker 3: Thank you Wow, I mean you wow.
Speaker 1: Thank you you just made Sabrina's Deck.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no.
Speaker 2: I love like Cheetah Girls so much and and the dancing in that movie is so incredible, and so I think growing up, I really just loved dancing. I did a lot of like theater dancing, so like moving I was and uh, but I feel like on Zombies one was when I first really got into like more like hip hop dancing and just that kind of style, like I.
Speaker 3: Think you're kidding, You're so good, there's no way you hadn't been training hip hop.
Speaker 2: Thank you. No, I mean like theater hip hop. But the year before I started getting more into hip hop dance, like in the city, and then it went into Zombies, and then I was just surrounded by dancers and like Chris Scott was our choreographer, who was just unreal, and everyone because I was so young, I was sixteen, everyone was so much older, like in my eyes older meeting like mid twenties, which is not old at all, but I looked up to them so much, and they were all so optimistic and really pushed me a lot and encouraged me to like keep going. And so because of like that whole dance community in Toronto and Chris Scott and everyone like it just really kept me going.
Speaker 1: So well, if you love dance so much, I mean, Milo was on Dancing with the Stars and tandlor and and Sabrina dancing with the Stars. Do you see do you see dancing in the star dancing with the stars in your future? Is that? Is that something you want?
Speaker 2: Okay? I if I didn't know, if I didn't like go to the shows and be there behind the scenes for Milo and Chandler, I would be like yes, but like it is so stressful. Yeah, and like just seeing like Chandler like specifically now, like going through her whole journey, like she's so hard working and stuff. But like, oh gosh, it's just so it's so stressful.
Speaker 3: And like you love it though you you would thrive, you would love it, it's you know, the whole part of it coming.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Oh you think you do it?
Speaker 3: Okay, Sina cats right now, don't you worry. Let me just give her a call. She would love to have you. I'm sure. Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: I'm a huge fan of it and I love and I feel like I know so many people there now because of like just knowing a bunch of people from the show. But oh goodness, I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think you could do. It's so what now? You you finished the first movie, which I'm sure the shooting for this movie must have been incredible. We've talked to some of your other cast members and talking about just all the dancing and the singing. I mean, is a ton of work going into this. The movie comes out. How fast do you feel just the love of the fans when the movie comes out?
Speaker 2: Uh, super super quickly.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I feel like a couple of days after the movie came out. I feel like the first moment that we ever were at least me and Milo were like, oh my god. We did this like random like CD signing Barnes and Noble at the Grove and we were like, oh, so, like three people are going to show up and we're gonna talk and like, dude, we're just gonna make it fun whatever. And there was so many people there they already knew the words to the songs. We were like, we could not fathom. We couldn't fathom it. I they can't fathom it. So I feel like that was the first time that we were like whoa, Like this is this is really crazy. Yeah, so I would say like that.
Speaker 1: Moment as an instant Yeah. I mean, that's the thing about we talk about the difference. So as we're watching all these d cooms, we see that there's different versions of the Disney dcom You got the mid to late nineties, the Johnny Tsunamis and the Motocross and all that kind of stuff. All those great ones brink and then you come into the early two thousands, which leads into kind of like the Cheetah Girls and the high school musicals and stuff like that, where there's still no social media, so it's kind of still word of mouth, but they're doing eight or nine million, you know, views at a time, and now you're in the social for media age where it's just instant and everywhere. I mean, this is I we joke that I hadn't heard of any of these things before we start watching them. I knew what zombies, well, of course I knew what zombies was. Yeah, yeah, so it's everywhere.
Speaker 3: I mean, especially you know during any time around Halloween time when your guys is i mean the Halloween costumes. Have you been able to see anyone just dressed up like your character as I mean they I'm sure they tag you constantly. But I saw a little itty bitty one this last year for Halloween and it's so cute. I mean the bright the bright wig, the I mean everything was just like spot on and just adorable. How is that like that? How do you feel about that with like, I mean, it's perfect for costuming.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's the most surreal thing. I think seeing kids dressed up as these characters is just like it's another thing, like another level that's just really unfathomable. And just social media in general too, It's just like you never know what's gonna pop up or what's gonna come up again, because things from like years and years ago will just start trending and it just becomes like a new phenomenon and so like like randomly, like songs from like the first one, we'll just like come up again and it's like wow, like that's so that's so wild and it's just so nostalgic. But but yeah, like with the fourth movie, like all the new young cast members, like they're all a generation below me, and all they do is post on social media and TikTok and whatever. So I feel like fans already know them and are rooting for them and excited for them to be in Zombies four and they haven't even seen the movie yet, and it's like, it's so surreal because like that just when we're doing the first Zombies, like that was not a thing at all. It's a really wild change and shift to see. But it's really cool. It's awesome. I'm so happy for the new kids. They're having so much fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So are you now feeling because you were saying in the beginning you were you know, even though twenty two, mid mid twenties is not anywhere near being old, but when you're sixteen, it does. It feels that's a lot of life, that's a lot of experience, that's a lot of jobs, there's a lot of different things that you just don't feel like you've had. So I understand that. But now are you feeling like with this fourth movie that you've kind of taken that role on where you're welcoming the new generation and the new cast and kind of helping guide their way through their their their zombie journey.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's yeah, being on like the Zombies four set, I feel like Milo and I were kind of like we always call each other like grandma and grandpa, because like in a lot of the scenes we in Zombies four, we look like just kind of like like the old like you know, grandparents. It's so key, but it was really surreal. I feel like I was really emotional during the rehearsals of Zombies four because seeing the kids so excited and happy and nervous, like learning the choreography for the first time and recording the songs and doing the scenes that they were just so excited and had so much energy and it was so new for them, and it's like once the movie comes out, it's just gonna like their life is just going to you know, change forever. And I it really put in perspective of like that was us on the first movie. Now they were like asking us for advice and things to do, and I'm like, well, I've always been the youngest and everything that I've ever done in school, like everything, and so just to be like an older kid now.
Speaker 3: Is just like, yeah, you get to be the mentor. And I'm sure these kids have like you were saying to me, and how much it means to me for you to be their inspiration of you know, going for their dreams. In general is wild, you know, like, that's that's amazing, and it's so awesome that this franchise has given you the opportunity to see firsthand this next generation of actors and performers that you inspired. That's incredible. That's so awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's really it's really really cool. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I have a question. I don't mean to put you on the spot, but which one of the Zombies movies is your favorite?
Speaker 3: Ooh ooh. That cannot be the first time you've been asked that question either.
Speaker 2: No, it's really hard because so many good characters get introduced as it goes on. So, like I the first one will always be my favorite, but it's not a reflection of all the people that get introduced, because the werewolves are so amazing, all the aliens are amazing. Everyone who's introduced in the fourth one are amazing, So it has nothing to do with that them because they're also talented. They add so much to the movies. But the first one is just so nostalgic for me, and I think it's just like such a great movie and I just love, like, yeah, I just love everything about the first one. I think just more nostalgic than anything.
Speaker 1: Well it's not just for the younger generation too, because I do another podcast called pod Mets World, and my two co hosts on pod Meets World, daniel fishl and Right are strong.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Fight. We're fighting over which one could watch Zombies one and Zombies two with us on this show. So they like flipped a coin where Rider came on and watched watch Zombies one with us and Danielle is coming on to watch Zombies two with us. So this was one where they were just like, no, no, no, you don't understand zombies. And I hadn't seen it yet, so it's like, okay, and I've been watching a lot of these like no, you don't understand with Zombies it is. It's going to change your life. So yes, the older generation as well are loving the Zombies franchise.
Speaker 3: They really are, and we everywhere. I've mad to make sure because so Will is not necessarily a lover of musicals in the sense of people just breaking out into song and.
Speaker 1: Never got how everybody just knew the words.
Speaker 2: Yea, He goes.
Speaker 3: Technical of when did they rehearse? How did they know the songs?
Speaker 2: Like, he gets very technically in my life better like that. So no, I get it, I get it. I just have to get it.
Speaker 3: Yes, I know, I'm not exactly. That's where I'm at with him. It's like, but you you'll see, You'll see. And Zombies was the first one. I love this literally, he was like, I'm a musical guy.
Speaker 1: Now I get it.
Speaker 3: I love it. You know it was done perfectly, it was it, and I just I mean, you have to know, like it's come, He's come a long way, and your movie was finally the movie that got me to go, Yeah, changing.
Speaker 1: Hearts and minds, Meg, changing hearts and minds. I love that. And he is not an easy change.
Speaker 3: He is a same just the same thing.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm an old What do you want for me? It's how it is? Can you can you walk us through a little bit of the musical process when it comes to recording the soundtrack, because I'm I'm trying to figure out you've got to there's so many layers to doing a movie like this. So you hear the music and you've got to then choreograph dances to the music, but you've also got to sing the music. So what are you when you're yeah, are you choreographing to your own voice singing the songs or is it a tempt track at this point? Like how how does that work?
Speaker 2: Sometimes so yeah, sometimes so I guess usually like before we Go, because we filmed the three in Toronto and then the fourth one in New Zealand, which was so cool, oh man, But we like record some of the songs in LA before we go, so we get all of the songs and it's like there's a reference vocal on it from the producer. So like most every song is like different producers on it. Basically, it's so interesting. Like Disney, once they kind of a script is sort of made, they send out a prompt to a bunch of different producers and they're like, make a song, and these are the guidelines of the song, and it's like in the movie, it's like the opening number, this character doing this, this, characters doing this, and then a bunch of producer teams will make songs and then Disney picks like the best ones. So they basically like audition songs and then if you get chosen, then you know, they pick it, and then the cast will record it. All of that stuff and then when we get to where we're going wherever we're filming the movie. There's like four weeks of rehearsal and then we shoot for six weeks. So in the four weeks of rehearsal, like every day we're recording some songs, we're choreographing to some songs, we're like fitting like it's kind of just like a bunch of different things. So probably not until week four rehearsal time will we get like the tracks with our vocals on.
Speaker 3: It, because they're like a like a finished track, yeah, or even.
Speaker 2: Like a demo with the vocals. So yeah, usually it's towards the end of the rehearsal week. But when we film, we're like singing along to the actual your vocals.
Speaker 1: Your vocals, Yeah, they're like giant speakers just blaring the music. Oh man.
Speaker 3: Sometimes well I guess that's for the production thing. But when if the music's ever on and you know, this will from like probably like any kind of school dance scene you did do, like it's really low or off, and then you're just doing this Yeah, yeah, it's very awkward. But for like the big scenes, yeah, they've got it blaring. I mean they're trying to get they're trying to create as much energy for the actors to do what they can, which creates me or brings me to Paul Hohen we love Paul. Please what was it like? What was your experience with Paul? I loved every aspect of working with him. He was an incredible director, great guy to just hang out with, like after in between you know, in between sets, offset and all that. Like, He's just amazing. What was your experience?
Speaker 2: That's so cool that you guys got to go to India. That is just crazy. That's yes, No, Paul is is the best. He is so great to work with. I I loved him so much. He's so sweet, he's great his like vision for just like editing and the way he like sees things and the shots that he sees are just like really really incredible and I just like love watching the way his mind works in that way. And he's just so sweet and gentle and also was a huge advocate for filming in New Zealand. And I'm pretty I have no idea, like I can't confirm, but I'm pretty sure he's the reason why we shi oh for sure go back for so long, and so for that, I am forever grateful.
Speaker 3: Oh for sure. I mean, shooting out of the country definitely brings a lot of different obstacles. I mean even with just like craft services, there's just different ways of doing things, but they're all worth it when you get to like actually have that experience of working out of the country like that. And I can't imagine. I can't wait to see the fourth because I can't imagine the backdrops. And that's like Paul's thing is he finds these like just incredible backdrops to work with, and you're going, how did you find this? And thank god you did, because this isn't gorgeous.
Speaker 2: This is gorgeous, you know, I know, I'm sure you felt the same way, like on the third movie as well, like and on the second one too. That like even though like like you know whatever, like the movie like cost or whatever, the fact that like the background it made it look like it was like a thousand million dollars to the backdrop of like Barcelona or India or New Zealand, like it just makes so much more. It's like is this green screen?
Speaker 3: Like what?
Speaker 2: So it It just elevates the movie in like such an incredible way, just because New Zealand is just like its own character. Yeah, as well, it's just so beautiful. It's so so.
Speaker 3: I know for sure, if you guys were shooting on the streets in Toronto, your fans would end up showing up. Did you guys have fans that showed up in New Zealand?
Speaker 2: Yes, they're actually like I bet, I bet when there was Yeah, And also, I feel like New Zealand is such a small community and like such a small well just even the city of Auckland, Like I feel like everybody knows each other so well, everyone's so nice and welcoming, and so when things film there, like everybody, like everybody in the entire city new that Zombies was filming there, and so everyone just knew that we were there, so like but they were so nice, like they would just be like like we would just like walk around Auckland and they would just be like, hey, like good to see you again. And I'm like, say, everyone was just so nice and welcoming. But yeah, people definitely knew like the areas that we were filming at because it usually productions kind of film in some of the same places. So okay, yeah, it was.
Speaker 3: So they're kind of they're kind of used to it. Versus like I was thinking it. By the end of your you know, six weeks of shooting, you've got like.
Speaker 2: I love mine, like you know, like all.
Speaker 3: That kind of like those signs kids everywhere, kids everywhere, they're doing the dance moves outside, they're they're filming, posting as much as they can on Instagram things like that. I would assume, yeah, because you guys are just that you're so big, so big, it's crazy.
Speaker 1: What Now, this was this experience of doing number four different than the first three because you're also a producer on this film, aren't you? So did you have more more duties when it came to actual production of the film and helping kind of with the look of everything. How did that work?
Speaker 2: Yeah? It was so cool. We like Milo and I were involved, like even before we left, like in the casting of like All the New Kids, and like scripts and like when we did the table read like we were involved in the table read notes and costumes, like just anything that we could be a part of, like we tried to be, which was just so cool. And I'm really grateful to Disney for that, for allowing us to be a part of that, because it just seeing the other side of things. It's just like even as like an actor or something, it makes things way less daunting because it's like, Okay, all these people don't actually hate me. Everything's O day. Especially in casting. Oh my gosh, Like being a part of those auditions, Like I think I was more nervous than the kids were. It's like cause you just know the feeling so well, it's just crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it was. It was really cool to be a part of that side of things. And it also was just different because we were in a new place and also only Kylie, Chandler, Milo and I were from the other movies, like everybody else was new. And also I was younger, like even the dance dancers most of them were like eighteen. So there was just a lot of people that were just new. So it just kind of made it its own new movie. Yeah, wow wow.
Speaker 1: Can can you tell us anything about the fourth one? Can you give us? Give us just a little something we don't want, We don't want, you don't want anyone, We don't want the House and Mouse coming after everybody, we know their reach, But just anything that you can let us in on on Zombies four.
Speaker 2: Well, I definitely can say, well, it's day walkers, which are people who live in perpetual day, and then night walkers that live in perpetual night. So the four of us, like Kylie, Chandler, Milo and I or characters Willa, Eliza, zed and I are the only ones that are going to Mountain College. And so on our way back to c Brook, we get involved with these new people. And the last thing I'll say is, like what they're going through, Like the discourse their people are going through is very similar to zombies one. So okay, have some advice to help these kids out.
Speaker 3: I have a question of the first movie that was never quite answered, and we haven't seen their second or third again, so don't forget that we have not seen them yet. Your mom in the first movie, and Will's got a crack up because I just can't get away. I know your mom in the first movie has a wig on? Was that for any reason? Do we get to find out what that? Why that is in the second or third or maybe fourth movie?
Speaker 2: No, No, you find out why. Okaually I'm the first one. Like it's so funny becauseuse genuinely she was wearing a wig just because, like just to make her hair look more like perfect, like Seabrook perfect. But then actually, as the movies went on, there's actually a reason why she's.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, So it was so it was not it was not set there in the beginning. She was just doing it. She was just doing it to brighten her hair or like make it look more perfect.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because they actually were going to put that storyline in the first one, and then in the second one they were like, oh, we're getting rid of it, and then they brought it back in the pin.
Speaker 3: Thank you because I clocked the wig. I was like, that is definitely a wig. But they never explained why mom is wearing a wig? Is this or is it just that she had like a wig on just like for no reason.
Speaker 1: We have one more question when it comes to pop Yeah, that we'd like to hear. So d twenty three, they announced that the stars from Descendants and upcoming Zombies four are going to be going on a tour. Yeah, or will people be able to see you on said tour? Are you allowed to talk about whether you're going to be on the tour? What's how does that work?
Speaker 2: I actually don't know what they have announced or not announced. I love okay, heard it your first I think it might be possible, like there might be like some dates possibly okay, firmed yet, But overall it is like the tour is like the new generation of I think I can say that is the generation of Descendants and Zombies, but some special appearances.
Speaker 1: Oh, you know, I get it.
Speaker 3: I love it. I love it. I think that's amazing.
Speaker 1: Well, it's also a perfect time to talk about your other career. Well, I think it's all wrapped into but your music career as well. Yes, And did Buy My Heart just come out not too long ago?
Speaker 2: Yes, it did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And so can you tell is this a new album coming out? Can you tell us everything that you know about your music career.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've been wanting to make music for a really long time, and I have finally, yeah, put out by my Heart, which I really love a lot, and then they'll have a new song out then. And I think the goal, at least in the start of the year is putting together some sort of like EP or something like that and kind of going from there. I also really want to perform live hopefully soon.
Speaker 3: So yeah, nice, Okay, wow, okay, So, so tell tell us a little bit about you as as an artist. Since this is such a new thing and it's obviously kind of in the works and you're progressing, where are you finding yourself going, like genre wise and where do you where do you want to see the style of your music? Kind of venture too.
Speaker 2: It's definitely still in the pop realm, but I feel like my music taste is so eclectic that there's so many different styles that I really like. I think right now it's kind of like like pop but with like influences of like R and B.
Speaker 3: Okay, ooh, I love that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's on repeat in your car right now? What do you what are you just listening to over and over and over again?
Speaker 2: Oh goodness, there's so uh there's so many things that I listened to. I have like a yacht rock playlist that I listened to.
Speaker 1: Love yacht rock, Yeah, love O my.
Speaker 2: Favorite I really like like new or artists. I really love Victoria Monet a lot, so I listened to it a lot and kind of like nineties R and B, nineties grunge.
Speaker 1: Okay you're talking.
Speaker 2: I think is my favorite artist? Like wow, like every.
Speaker 1: Day okay, Wow, I love that. Since we're getting off on random topics, I have one more random topic to talk about before and then we'll quickly go back to zombies and then we'll let you go because we know that you're busy. But so, can you tell us a little bit about a show called What Would You Do?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So this is a hidden camera social experiment show, right, Yeah, and the people are like put in really kind of awkward positions. Yeah, yeah, what was was this? I mean I have to use the word scary. Was this kind of a scary thing to shoot?
Speaker 2: Yes? There was always security on set, so it was like so fine. But yeah, I did three episodes of What Would You Do? When I was like fourteen or so, And there's one where it was like the season finale, and it's like me and two other kids bullying another actor, but it's an actor that is playing like someone who's homeless, and the experiment is like if these kids are like bullying a homeless man, like would people step in? But the clip has resurfaced online and people genuinely think, I actually.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, are you kidding?
Speaker 2: Nearly it's so clearly fake. But so many people, oh my god, like I can't believe, like you would do this or like whatever.
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 2: A lot of people like genuinely thought that it was me. It's so funny anyway, So like that was one and then I did like two other episodes as well. And it is scary because if you have an ear piece and and you're talking to real people, and sometimes the producer will be like, oh, tell them to mind your own business, and I'm like.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, yeah gets slapped like yeah, wow, and you're fourteen.
Speaker 2: You were fourteen, Oh.
Speaker 3: My gosh, wow talk about.
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Oh so three episodes and then what you were.
Speaker 2: Like, I'm oh, yeah, especially at that age, like you know, you're just auditioning so much. And then I wanted to do like what would you do? So bad because like a lot of my friends were doing it as well, because it was filmed in like New York, New Jersey, so it was like local as well. Yeah, it was so funny and why And it's really interesting because some people like as soon as something happens and the people react like they have to sign something afterwards, but if they don't sign it or they get really upset. Most people got really upset because they're like, what do you mean this is a prank? Like they get like like those are the craziest moments, because I also did one in like Portland, Oregon, where I was some guy was trying to like lure me into somewhere and I was like, oh, I don't know if I should go with you or not, and then trying to see if people would come in, and a lot of people got upset.
Speaker 1: Yeah that could be I mean yeah, because I mean you hear that. Yeah, that could end badly.
Speaker 2: Need sense and like yeah, just sit there and be like, ah.
Speaker 1: So you said New York, New Jersey. Are you an East Coast kid?
Speaker 2: Yes, I am.
Speaker 1: Yeah, me too, nice Just yeah, right where Connecticut born and raised?
Speaker 2: Oh great, We're in Connecticut.
Speaker 1: Right outside of Hartford.
Speaker 2: Oh cool, okay cool. My aunt is from like New Haven area.
Speaker 1: Okay, great pizza.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she grew up like right in little Italy. Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, it's wonderful. It's wonderful.
Speaker 2: So I was just having this conversation yesterday or so it's like, yeah, New York has great pizza, but Connecticut definitely has the best pizza for sure.
Speaker 1: Connecticut has two or three of the greatest pizza places like in the world.
Speaker 2: Literally, Yeah, it's like the little Italy there, like the food is.
Speaker 1: Just so yeah, that's my hometown.
Speaker 3: Nice. I'm sure with my lasagna I made last night, I'm sure it's very dubbed by my my broiler. I broiled it for like thirty seconds too long and it was too crisbya so upset. An hour and a half of making food and.
Speaker 1: Then damn broil thirty seconds of broiling. Anyway, So before we let you go, what do you so? First of all, do we know exactly when Zombies four is coming out?
Speaker 2: We don't know exactly. It's definitely going to be summer next year.
Speaker 3: Okay, long, but but you long.
Speaker 2: It's definitely going to be around that timeframe. But I actually don't know like a specific date, but I know it'll be next year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, summer of next year. And you've got a new song out, yes, And Daniel Fisher is going to be very happy to watch Zombies two with us too, which is great.
Speaker 3: We should be doing that probably soon, I'm sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, we got to get on all the seas. I still haven't seen Cheetah Girls too. I've got to get onto all the sequels.
Speaker 3: Now, and I'm probably I'm not gonna lie. Well, I'm probably gonna skip in go straight to three before the fourth one comes out of Zombies, I'm gonna have to. I can't wait.
Speaker 1: You're breaking the rules. There are no rules in the roles.
Speaker 3: That is not in the contract.
Speaker 1: No, we don't have rules.
Speaker 2: You're right, there are no rus not to watch Cheetah Girls Too.
Speaker 1: I can't wait. Cheetah Girls one was fine until the entire city shut down to save the little dog who fell in the hole. That's when I was like, dude, that and every time we're still We only have one other name in Disney Channel history that's better than Jackal Johnson at this point, and it's mister Fister. So there we've got some bad Disney names coming out there. So we can't wait.
Speaker 2: I think you'll really like I think you'll really like two.
Speaker 1: Cheetah Girls too or Zombies too, hopefully both cheat Girls?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Both?
Speaker 3: Okay, the second one is my favorite?
Speaker 1: Wait is the second one? The one where you do the do you do the romantic dance you were talking about?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 1: Okay? Okay? So I've heard about that.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 2: I can also just the opening number of Cheetah Girls Too is probably like one of the best Disney songs, Like in history.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I don't know if I want to see Doe in a romantic situation, I don't know.
Speaker 3: If it's not, it's so it's it is no Christy Carlson.
Speaker 1: Romanos was just making out with him Stevens.
Speaker 3: Right, and for the craziest kiss I've ever seen on the Disney Channel in my life. It is nowhere like that. It is like, yeah, bye, this is our job.
Speaker 1: By the way, Meg, this is our job.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, you were the best. Thank you so timon coming on this was so fun. Do you think there's a chance can we put it out there for a Zombies five? I know it's ahead of it, but if everything goes well, I don't see why not. The people love it, they want it.
Speaker 2: I would love that. I would love the all the new kids to have their own I feel like Milo and I will definitely still one hundred percent be involved, whether it's like behind the scenes or like a cameo or whatever. But it would be really special because the kids are so talented. It'd be so cool to have their own special like story and get more into their characters. And totally love to be involved and to be on the other side of things and to yeah, maybe make a cameo, sing a song.
Speaker 1: Or two, but it would be really cool. And we're going to start lobbying for Dancing with the Stars.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've got, I got I've got seen it up on my contacts right now, got her up right now, I'm sending it.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you so much for joining us. This has been absolutely lovely and you know, good luck with everything in the future. Of course, we've got Zombies four coming out. We're lobbying for Zombies five already, and of course for you to be on Dancing with the Stars. Thank you so much for joining us. Meg, we can't thank you.
Speaker 2: Thank you, bye bye.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I didn't like her. She was unpleasant.
Speaker 3: I mean, what.
Speaker 1: So talented the talent, but it also learning stunning.
Speaker 3: She's stunning.
Speaker 1: But I also love when when this is what being a child actor is like too, because you're like, now, twenty what she's probably twenty six, twenty seven, however old she is, if she's even that, and she's like, yeah, being the old person on the set, and it's like, what, I know what.
Speaker 3: But it's so true, you know what I mean, when you were on your sets and then all of a sudden it's that transition and now you're the one there the younger kids are looking at for advice to help move direction. If you're saying, guys, let's calm down, you know all that stuff.
Speaker 1: You're the adult.
Speaker 3: She's getting to experience that, you know, and that's that's amazing. I'm so excited for her. I love that she's getting a chance now within her career. I'm sure it's really just been about timing of focusing on her.
Speaker 1: Music, sure, but also getting a chance to produce the films and get more involved in the behind the scenes and all that kind of stuff. It just that's one of the things Disney is starting to do well that they they're doing better now than they did back in the day, which is allowing their talent the opportunity to grow in other aspects of the industry. I mean, I think that's super important.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, for sure, Raven. We got Selena Gomez coming, Yeah, you know, I mean that is just it's so exciting that Disney believes in their talent as much as they do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's and wants them to be well rounded and wants them to learn every aspect of the business. You never know when the next big power agent or producer or director or cinematographer can come out of something of just the channel and the company just giving people more opportunity, like yeah, you want to come produce, come produce. That might lead you in a whole new direction. So well, don't forget you imagine?
Speaker 3: Could you imagine? You walk in for your audition? You're a huge fan of Meg and she's there Zombies and her and are just chilling out with a diet coke and some chips ready for you to just do your audition. Holy cow, if your stomach didn't feel like you had to boop, then you are done.
Speaker 2: Hi.
Speaker 1: My name is Will, I'm here to audition. I'll be singing we're all in this together. Since the only song I know five six seven eight. Yeah, No, I couldn't imagine.
Speaker 3: Would you imagine the girl? Wow? Sticks are even higher that way? We are so crazy.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you Meg Donnellie for joining us, and thank you all for joining us, and don't forget check out the new song. And of course we're waiting on Zombies four and start lobbying now to get Meg on to dance with the stars. That would be incredible, and join us next time on our other feed over there where we're going to be watching these movies. We watch them so you don't have to, but at the same time, we're glad you watch them with us, because then we can all have fun and talk about this and get to meet these incredible people. It's just so cool. So thank you all and we will see you next time. Bye bye