Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: The eighty two game preseason is in the books, and it's finally time for the real season. Don't miss out on any NBA playoff action at Draft Kings Sportsbook and official sports betting partner of the NBA. From the play in tournament through the finals, Draft Kings Sportsbook has you covered with same game parlays, live betting, os, boost and much more. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Use code Shannon. New customers can bear five dollars and get two hundred and bonus bets instantly. That's the code Shannon only on DraftKings. The Crown is yours.
Speaker 3: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight hop and wire text hope and y four six seven three sixty nine. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of boothiell casino w in Resorting, Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. Ce DKNG dot co slash b ball for eligibility and deposit restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 2: Hello, ladies and gentlemen, thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcap. I am your favorite un Shannon Shark. He's your favorite Number eighty five Route Runner, Extraordinary Bengals, Ring of Fame, honoree pro Bowler, All Pro from Liberty City, Oregon State. He's Chad o Cho Senko, Risotto Johnson. I don't care what you say. I said it Risotto Johnson and my other co host. Yes, y'all know it your favorite Number zero Arizona Wildcat legend from the Wizard. You know who he is, mister Habachi Man himself Gilbert Arenas. Thank you again, ladies and gentlemen for joining us, and thank you guys for selling out. My Shae by Laportier. We are we pinned in the top of chat. We're only taking pre orders and I want to thank you again for your patience. Guys check this out. Please go follow my media company's page on all platforms, shay Shape Media. Please do miss solid. Go follow shay Shape Media on all platforms and tell you boy been busy. I have a clothing line, eighty four clothing. That's right, it's spelled out. It's eighty four spelled out. Please make sure you go follow at eighty four Clothing on all platforms. I'd also like you guys that subscribe to Gill's Arena channel. He has a YouTube show every Monday through Thursday, live at eleven thirty am Pacific. That's Gills Arena on YouTube. His show airs every Monday through Thursday live at eleven thirty am. Please go subscribe to his personal page. It's YouTube page is called no Chill Gill. That's gills personal YouTube page, No Chill Gill. Go get his subs up. Guys, Before we get into tonight's games, they weren't that interesting, neither one of the games. So I don't even feel bad about doing this. And even if the game whitne even if the game with the quadruple over times, this was going to start the show. I got a very very special announcement. My good friend, legendary philosopher True Sayer and comedian Cat Williams returns to Netflix for a live comedy event. Cat Williams Woke Folk streaming live from Los Angeles as part of Netflix As a Joke Fest on May fourth, twenty twenty four, at ten pm Eastern, seven pm Pacific. It's live and it's Cat, So if it's anything like what happened on Club Shayshape, y'all already know what it is. Cat Williams will debut his debut his new comedy special, Woke Folk, which will stream live on Netflix from the YouTube Theater in Inglewood, California, as part of Netflix of the Joke Fest on May fourth, twenty twenty four, at seven p seven pm Pacific, ten pm Eastern. This will be Cat williams third comedy special with a Netflix. His previous specials include World War Three and Great America. This show is part of the Netflix Is a Joke Comedy Fest taking place in Los Angeles from May second through the twelfth, with comedy marathons all over with over three hundred shows across thirty five venues. Cat Well Again, Kat Williams WoT Folk Live, May fourth, seven pm East, seven pm Pacific, Live only on Netflix. Man, y'all already know he's gonna go crazy. Y'all already know what it is. Y'all know how I Cat get down. He has a lot to say, he got a lot on his mind, and uh, you gotta see it. You got it, You gotta see it. You just got it because you already know who he is. You already know what he is, Oh, Joe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, most definitely. It's gonna be good. It's gonna be good.
Speaker 4: Matter of fact, this is a live, a live event, right, yes, it's streaming live.
Speaker 2: Yes, But the.
Speaker 4: Fact that it's a live event, and the fact you didn't invite me or Gil to come to it, and both of y'all are in LA and I have no problem catching their flight and coming to see you May four, so I can be in attendance.
Speaker 1: What's the issue?
Speaker 2: Well, let me all, let me see if I can make a move.
Speaker 1: You already know you You already know you were gonna see us at night, So the news should have already been made when you knew he was having the.
Speaker 2: Show on Saturday. What is Saturday? Friday? They no, they.
Speaker 1: But they may fourth is Saturday. Matter of fact.
Speaker 4: Let me let me tell you how it could have worked out real quick. Let me tell you how it could have worked out. First of all, if you knew Cat had a live show, in l A on Saturday, which is May fourth. You should have you should have alreadered your mind the computer, you know that computer that you got.
Speaker 1: It should have went off. Oh yeah, it should have went off.
Speaker 4: And say, you know what, you know a gill already in La so I'm I'm ill and I know a fly out here boom. We could have we could have watched Cat Williams and then did the show later on that night after the Canelo Mungia fight, like we could have knocked out two Birds of one Stone and really talked about the Cat show on the Saturday Show and box. But you know that's how I think. But I guess that's how you feel about us. It's cool, that's how you're thinking. I don't hear yourself. Don't don't hurt yourself doing.
Speaker 1: That though it ain't It ain't too late though.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying, because today's only Wednesday.
Speaker 2: All right, Hey again. Cat Williams has his special Walk Folk as a part of Netflix, a comedy fest taking place in Los Angeles May second through the twelve, a comedy marathon of over three hundred shows across thirty five venues. But Cat Williams Woke Folk live May fourth, seven pm Pacific, ten pm Eastern, Live only, live only on Netflix. It's streaming live. You know what, I'm a calling, Yeah, I'm a calling. Yeah. But then that's gonna make. That's gonna make. That's gonna be. That's gonna make. That cap gonna be a one o'clock edition.
Speaker 1: That's fine.
Speaker 4: That's fine because you know what I remember in the movie Feel the Dreams. Yes, and the quote was build it and they will come true, regardless to what time we start, they will come right. Because you gotta think that people on the West coast they gonna be up right. The people on the East coast, they gonna stay up. That's what that's that's that's what. That's what love is about. Love is about compromise, and love is about sacrifice. They're not missing these stories, they're not missing the content.
Speaker 2: We lost Gielocho. We're gonna try to We're gonna try to get him back connected. But we're gonna start off the Math blow out the Clippers. They take a two three two series lead with two playoff games tonight that decided by a total of sixty four points. So your your heat are done. I need to slightly run me my money.
Speaker 1: Give him in and now we bet on the heat game.
Speaker 4: We bet on the Heat game as long as everybody was healthy to play outside that.
Speaker 2: You don't bet like that. We don't bet like that. Injury you told me. Injuries are part of the game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's when it comes to football.
Speaker 2: So they're not a part of the game in the NFL and the NBA.
Speaker 4: I mean, they are a part of the game, but situation change, draft what ab and about Wait, the heat would add we're at an extreme disadvantage against the Celtics, So why would you even want to take that bet? Matter of fact, why would you even want to take my money? Knowing that we didn't really stand a chance? Why would you bet?
Speaker 1: It's not my bet because I thought everybody was playing.
Speaker 2: Did Jimmy Bud already got hurt? Ain't nobody else get hurt?
Speaker 4: Can ask your question? Mm hm, you're really gonna turk my? You're really gonna take my heart earned money.
Speaker 2: And lad dime of it, not running me my money?
Speaker 1: Wait, knowing all these kids I got to take care of.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, my kids can't go hungry, so your kids can eat. If any kids go go home.
Speaker 1: Let my kids start so.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, I think I think the whole chat if it'll agree with it. Hey, chat, what y'all think? Are you letting your kids go hungry? So so so your best friend kids can eat? I just want to know yes or no. Hey, we're gonna put that to the pole and put the pole lash. Would you let your best would you let your best friend kids eat? And let your kids go hungry?
Speaker 4: But that's not fair, see, because the situation is you already have money to feed your kids, as I ask you why, But if you take my little money to that bet on the heat that I thought might have had a chance to win one at least one more games so at least looked like they did game two, it didn't happen.
Speaker 1: But you already got money.
Speaker 4: Now, So if you take money out of my on our bet, that means my kids ain't gonna be able to eat.
Speaker 2: Hey, who said that? The kids? Hey? You know what?
Speaker 1: On jo?
Speaker 2: So let the care kid eat cereal? I mean, hey, so you can't go eat cereal for.
Speaker 4: A couple of days, you knows a it's a good thing. Three fourths of my kids three forces them can confit for themselves and they can feed themselves.
Speaker 1: So I ain't tripping. I ain't tripping.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want to know. I want to know who. I want to know who gonna let their kids go without So so they fred again. Ocho, Gil log in, he went out, So we're gonna go ahead and start the game. The Math blow out. The Clippers take a three two series lead, led by Luka. Doncic had thirty five points, ten assists, and seven rebounds. He was Luca. He was sensational tonight, fourteen to twenty six from the floor. Kyrie chipped then with fourteen. Jones had twelve, Max Kleeber had fifteen, Derrick Lively the second had twelve, and Hardy came off the bench and he gave him fourteen. The game was close at the half, well it was a ten point lead if I'm not mistaken at the half. And then they just took off in the third quarter and didn't let up in the fourth quarter. And this game really wasn't that close. We talked about it, Ocho. In order for the Clippers to win this series without Kawhi, James Harden is gonna have to be the bear. Paul George is gonna have to be playoff p and they've gotten that in two games. In the two games they won, especially the last game, both guys had thirty three. James Harden I think had twenty eight points in the first game. Paul chipped in. But it but in order for them to win this series with I Kawhi, Paul George and Paul George and James Harden are gonna have to be what we know them to be, what we've seen them be in the regular season. So James Harden is gonna have to be the Bear and Paul George is gonna have to be playoff p you bag, yeah you yeah. Hey, check this out. You watched the game that we started with the Mavericke Clippers. What did you take what's your takeaway from this game? Because the game after the after midway through the third quarter, it wasn't close. Oh the Clips got a clip. That's what happens. It was out of there. It was the whole Clippers. Hey, there was they just listen. They just didn't come to play with with being out right, James Harden had to be James Harden, like you had no other choice in the fact that you know, he only took what under ten shots. He wasn't going to win that game, you know, him playing like that. So yeah, they they're about to they'll go ahead, about to see next week. They ain't about to see next week.
Speaker 1: On Yeah, you know what, I got it. I got a question for Gil Gill. You you you played at the highest level.
Speaker 4: So I'm I'm kind of curious when it comes to the game of basketball, how difficult, especially during the playoffs or just in general, How difficult is is it for players of Paul George and James Harden caliber to remain consistent game after game?
Speaker 1: Is it that difficult? Because we see.
Speaker 4: Him have two good games and they win two games where they where they scored well and they they they were very efficient from the field. Then they have games like tonight where it seems like he wasn't playoff Pat he was Paul George and James Harden win the Beard, he was just James Harden. How difficult is it to be be complete? And that's the only word I can think of or analogy I can use to say where they just they play like themselves weekend and week out, a night in and night out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, so when it's regular season. The reason a regular season is kind of easier is because you don't get to scout me. Right, I play you today, I'm flying and play another team tomorrow. We didn't do no scouting for each other. So out there balling playoffs. Right, we get a there's a book with everything you want to do on your secondary, your first, and everything you want to do as a player. So game the game, there's just little adjustments on you. So if you killed me last game, I have an adjustment for you. Right. So a player has to show different skills different games, different rounds, and a lot of players don't have those type of tools, right. They think they can go into every series playing the same way. Some games you have to be a decoy, right, some series you have to be a decoy. You. You rely a lot on teamwork, right, So, yeah, I played great last game. I might need Terrence Man today or Zubac today, you know, because they're the open st guy. So I might need them to to combine for thirty points. That means the next game freeze me back up. So Dallas will not change what they did today because the other guys didn't kill them.
Speaker 1: Right, Okay, I got you, I got you.
Speaker 2: That's what it comes down to. Because oh shoe, you know, like when we start, like when we started, we start, you want to get to that fourth week because now we got four game taps. We got four games. Okay, this is what they did in first, first and ten and second and five, third and short, third and loan. Okay, this is what they did in the red zone against this formation. So the computer's gonna spit out all the information what they've done over the last four games. And as you go further, now you get to the playoffs, they've broken down every they played, every first, and ten, every second and ten, every third and ten, every first and five, every second and five, every second and loan, every third and short, every thirty long, what they run on fourth down, what they run on the gold line with they're ready in the red zone with so everything. So now you've got a plate of information and we know categorically now you know they're having they practice too though, so they know what we're doing also. But more time than not, teams are gonna stick to what they do because you never want to get beat because having to time, you heard, man, why would he throw that pitch? He's blowing the fanst ball buying. Why are you throwing change up? Why you throwing curve? So oh man, y'all know y'all supposed to give O Joe the ball? Why you going to the third receiver? May give on your chance? So the team know they want to give Ojo the ball on third down in the fourth quarter and they down by four? Now can they stop it? Cause they going to oo.
Speaker 1: No, what you just said? Can they stop it?
Speaker 4: They can't even with the field turging throughout the week where there's four weeks, whether it's eight weeks, where there's ten weeks. When I think about basketball, and like Gil said, when it comes to certain players in their skill sets and how many tools they have in the bag, I'm expecting somebody like a Paul George or somebody like a James Harden who has a skill set who have no tools in the bag, being able to create space, being able to create their own shot, you know, playing off the ball, pick and.
Speaker 1: Roll, all that good stuff.
Speaker 4: Like I expect them to look the same night in and night out because they have the skill set to be able to do all those things, to always be on each night. So to see them have a game like they did previously, where they're won, where they won and they get night and just beat his flat Because if you're playing against the same person, then that same level of consistency I think I would, I would assume would be there because your skill set doesn't change and the person that's in front of you, if you're playing the same team, it doesn't change either, and you know you can beat them, whether it be one v one or there be a team efforts as well. So it's just it's confusing to me how not I think from the standpoint week the week, I know I can be consistent because okay, even if you do study, even if you do you do know our tendency to offensively, all right, the coach is gonna put us, put me in positions to make plays anyway regardless, which is I'm sure the same thing they can do in basketball. So it's confusing how James Harden and PG can look good great. One night's like, oh my goodness, they gonna beat the goddamn they're gonna beat the MAVs, and then have a night like the night and you know what, everybody go to shit.
Speaker 2: No, no, you're right, you're right, o cho. But that's when you see consistency from a player, you have to understand how great that player really is. Thank you. So you can see the difference between you know, the bron the Lebrons, the Kobe's, the Yoke, the Murray's, each Steph Curry, the Kd's, and because they're beating you different ways each game, not the same way. Yo, he's gonna post you up one game, you take that away, I'm gonna pull out for the MIDI then I'm gonna pull out for the three. I'm gonna That's what I'm saying. You gotta have different games. If I know Paul George wants to pop up pop didn't shoot his fadeaway, He's not gonna be able to beat me four games like that. I done adjust it to that. So if he doesn't have a backup game, right, if you just know how to post them, if he doesn't know how players ducans, if you don't have part of that to free him up, if you can just run along, hell marry the whole game. I'm just sitting back in what was the uh to prevent? You know, I'm gonna prevent you ain't coming back there? Right, So, if you don't have your little you know, five yards of slants and all the output. If you don't have it in your repertoire, it's easy to have games like this.
Speaker 1: And but look what you just said, Look what you just said. These are two of the best in the game.
Speaker 4: I mean not Lebron, Oh George and James Harden had that in their reports.
Speaker 2: No, they what's the history. If you look at James Harden history, he's come up small in the playoffs. Look at Paul George history. There's one game Russell Westbrook when he was in OKC. Russell scored forty five points. They lost to Utah. Paul George gave him five. If you look at James Harden, the most turnovers in the playoff game in history is James Harden with fourteen. So no, that's not true because the difference is is that can you take If you look at the great player, look at Jamal Murray's what he averaged in the regular season, not go look at what he averaged in the playoffs. Look at Jokic, look at George. Even George average thirty points for a career, he averaged more in the postseason. Lebron James averaged more points in the postseason than he does in the regular season. So does Kevin Durant. That's the difference. Guys are average to elevate their level of play, that's what greatness. That's when you know a player is truly historically great when he can elevate, when he can give you more than what they normally do in the regular seas and the really really great players, that's what they do. And you look at Paul George's history. That's why everybody was shocked when he said when they got to that press cover and they say playoff P. They're like, when they start calling you that, I ain't never heard no one to say that. Who called you that? Kill? Melisa? Oh, that's what they call you. You know, I been the lead ten years. I ain't never heard nobody call you playoff P. And James Harden has come up small in the playoffs. That's been the criticism. A guy averaged thirty six, thirty five points, won the score James Harder. I think he's won the scoring title like three times, won the assist title two or three times, and come playoff time, he doesn't play to the level in the regular season, and that's why people criticize him because they pro you had like thirty five straight games with thirty points. You got he's the first guy to have a sixty point triple double. A sixty point triple to let that think even not only did he go get his, he helped everybody else get theirs. It has a come play though playoffs is there, Like imagine even in football, if you have to play the same team, are possible seven times? Like that first game, everybody gonna get off a little bit. It starts up after that. So like like today, let's take Kyrie. Kyrie wasn't trying to take twenty four shots today. No, the rest of his teammates was hitting shots. So because they were hitting shots, he was just going for the win. So now Tyler Lue's game plan has to change for those role players because he don't need the role players to get off. Next game, Kyrie's gonna be ultra aggressive. So it's like chess moves in the playoffs. Right, So it's not the best team, it's the smartest, right, it's really the smartest of Right now, Dallas is playing smart basketball. But you got Jason kidt over there too, so that you know helps a lot o YO take it down sport. What do we credit Tim for not for what he did so much in the regular season, what he did in the post in the playoffs, them come from behind winning that no lead is safe twenty eight three. It didn't matter. He's the underdog fourteen of the Chargers. They win that game. That's what elevated Tom Philo. I mean, they look at Terry Bradshard's four and oh in the in the Super Bowl, never lost, but they don't give him the credit or the act or Troy Troy's three and oh. But it seems like with those days like well we see Brady Brady them come from behind though, man, man, Brady was out man. You remember what he did in the Tuck Rule game. You remember what he did. He was an underdog at Pittsburgh. They won his first year starting. That's what the playoffs. The regular season will make you great, The postseason will make you legendary, will make you iconic. Hey, and right now, Lucas for a fact that Lucas played what four games, and it's not been very well, right, averaging twenty nine under come out here, give you thirty five, thirty five ten and what seven? Yes? Think about what you heard? What Gil saying? Lucas averaging twenty nine points and he ain't playing well and he ain't playing What didn't say that? That?
Speaker 4: Ojo hey that that that that makes no sense because I heard the comment.
Speaker 1: I heard the comments that he made. Re said, do you feel like he let down? How you letting Kyrie down?
Speaker 4: If you got a stat line like that, that that made no sense to me.
Speaker 1: I'm like, what did you talk about, buddy?
Speaker 2: Because when when Lucas playing great like he did the night, the game is a lot easier. See, Lucas sometimes likes to play on a perimeter, shoot a jumper because he can shoot it over everybody he got inside the lane. Realizing the way I played the game, you can't stop me from from getting here. Your athleticism means nothing because I know how to play smart basketball, right, so it looks like man, just stay in front of him. He knows how to use his body, he knew, he knows he's a pump, fakes his head, he knows how to use all of that. So when he when he plays inside out, it helps it helps him out a lot. Uh huh, No, you ain't talking down real? Oh real? Are we good? Real? How you doing tired? Okay? Stand your ground rail, don't let it run over you because he type trying to run over somebody. Don't let him do it. Real m, No, why are you over the buffer? Your gum, your public?
Speaker 1: Family?
Speaker 2: He says, just family. Oh, Joe, we had the poll. Would you let your kids go hungry so your bff kids could eat? Yeah, kids will starve thirty three percent. Oh, your kids will starve sixty seven percent.
Speaker 4: Damn, he's trying to take money.
Speaker 1: He's trying to take money out the kids. Uh, money at the kids mouth?
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, she say no bray Reil put railer.
Speaker 1: American, American American. Then she want to have five minutes of fame. Let me take.
Speaker 2: Real How you doing? I'm doing good. You can see gear right there. Would you take how you doing? Would you take me? Would you take Would you take food out your kids mouth so your best friend kids could eat? So you let your kids go hungry and your best friend kids eat.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 4: What I would do is I would split it evenly so they all can eat.
Speaker 2: No, I gotta have my kids healthy.
Speaker 1: Friend kids are like they're like family. They're like my own that my nieces and nephews.
Speaker 2: So I got to make sure they're good too, you know, what that's so nice. Real where you been? We haven't seen you in a while.
Speaker 1: I've been working. I have a lot of stuff that's coming up.
Speaker 2: So okay that what's up?
Speaker 1: You just stay tune, you'll see.
Speaker 2: I mean, you gotta break it. You gotta break it on here first.
Speaker 1: I am. You know what I am?
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, all right, y'all have.
Speaker 1: A good.
Speaker 2: You know, old shore to stay to stay at home father.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, listen, I told you. I told Gil.
Speaker 4: I'm not playing, you know. I don't mean to be rude. I'm not trying to be disrespectful. But I've been afforded a certain lifestyle and I want to make sure that lifestyle continues, which is why I'm not signing no paper. She telling me if we ain't gonna mean walking down the aisle unless I signed papers man ship, that the hell I am. I ain't signing ship. Just I gotta again. I need to protect myself, just in case. You know how women are the women women in mind is different. You know, one day they love you Monday, the next day she might not want to be with you Thursday.
Speaker 1: So if you want to leave, I need to protect myself.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh yeah, she can go.
Speaker 1: As long as I get had that money.
Speaker 2: Money, we will pre dump rewont pre d up. Celtics beat the Heat. Boston Celtics took care of business in a dominant fashion, crushing the Miami Heat won eighteen to eighty four banquets that playoff nemesis in five games to ance to advance to the second round. Derrick White continued his courching, played from the U from Game four. He had twenty five points, match teammate Jalen Brown's game high total. Jason Tatum chipped ten with a double double sixteen points in twelve rebounds. Yeah, look, that's not let's not, you know, string this thing out. We know, unless the Miami Heat, we're gonna have another game where they made twenty three to twenty five, twenty seven to three. That was their only chance. They're Superiorly, the Celtics are the superior team. Jimmy Butler's out, so they're vastly under manned and unless they could replicate what they did in Game two, this series is going to end in five. Yeah, you know what I mean. Honest, this was probably this was probably the most embarrassing series when it comes to losses. I think I think Miami lost what by twenty, by twenty by fourteen and by thirty for to night every day was yeah, twenty six. It was an embarrassing loss. No, No, you're right thirty yeah, thirty thirty four, thirty forty thirty four. I mean they've gotten embarrassed on that board, right, And I think you know, out of all the series, this is the one that was just so lopsided. And we gave Miami Heat the benefit it out because they beat them last year and they know how to play them well, but this was an embarrassing series, to be honest. So you know, you know, at least they got out of it with some type of composure with one win.
Speaker 4: Well, you know it is it still as embarrassing as as you make it out to be, even with the injuries. So Jimmy's out, I mean there's certain players that we would actually need to even have a chance, especially Jimmy, who I consider to be, you know, the heart of the Heat in general. With him being out, I mean, I mean, did we really stand a chance?
Speaker 2: No, Well, if you make another twenty three twenty four three, yes, equalizer, if you could make that, cause remember that it took a franchise record playoff record to.
Speaker 1: Win that game.
Speaker 4: But again, listen, think about how impossible that is based on Gil just explaining to me how difficult it is to remain consistent night in the night out.
Speaker 1: Every other night.
Speaker 4: Yes, oh hell if if James Harden, if the Beard and Paul George can't do it, then I'm trying to think, who do we have that are offensive juggernauts with the heat that can put it in bout the numbers.
Speaker 2: Anyway, y'all. I think the more embarrassing part is because it's Miami heat, and we know there is a prideful organization written tough, and the fact that we didn't get to see it because they just didn't have that soul, you know, guy in Jimmy, And it's embarrassing just to see, right, how some Warriors just couldn't muster up to get at least double digits, you know, at least some eight some nine nine, you know, you know, let the let the bill did and get it. No, it was just you just got to whoop the whole four games. Yeah, Philadelphia seventy sixers ownership and fanatic CEO Michael Rubin, that's my dog is joining forces to acquire and distribute two thousand tickets for Thursday night game show down with the Knicks. The game is gonna be a well Fargo. This comes after a significant influx of Knick fans took over Wells Fargo Center during Game four and can be heard chanting m VP for Jalen Brunson. During the seventy six was lost. Ruben said, we cannot let Knicks fans take over our rena again. You gotta spread them out, Jill. You know how you do it. You put like two hundred over here, way at the top, two hundred over there, way at the top. You can't let a pocket. You can't let him pool close the poor gal. Yeah, or you canna just put a TV screen outside and say, y'all gonna watch from here, wash from here. This is this is a playoffs. There was when Jordan was playing. There was no infiltrat in that building, right, No, it's hard. This looks like when the Clippers and the Lakers play and it's a it's a Clipper game, Clipper home game, the Lakers infiltrate that building right right to the playoffs. And if you know, New York is right down the corner sold out. Sorry, it sold out. Anybody with a New York Jersey on. Sorry, you can't get in the building ticket, so you got you it up? Let them foul lawsuits. But they're not getting this. They almost filled out. They they do that, the black folks all the time at the club. As soon as getting there, ain't nobody in here yet? Ain't nobody here?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Or charge you five hundred dollars to get here, and then you're like, bro, we played five hundred dollars for this, But that's how. But it's it's the playoffs, and I understand. Oh shoot, who hold on? I can't see man? Oh man, I got this. You see, I'm standing on. Everything's over here changing Wait you standing?
Speaker 1: You standing up? You ain't in no chair?
Speaker 2: Oh man, I got the new logo in the back. I got a new logo, join the back here.
Speaker 1: Oh man?
Speaker 4: Thet they got my dog standing? Is that that's a nightcap sign or us on the TV.
Speaker 2: That's on the TV. Right. Look if I go, if I sit down, all you see is cap Like I'm just lying the host.
Speaker 1: Hey, Gil got that ship rigged up there?
Speaker 2: Yeah he got it, he got it. Minjaig. Charles Oakley once believed Joel and Bid could be an all time great, but whining and losing has changed his mind. Oakley said, everybody says he's hurt. If you're hurt, stay home and watch it on TV like everybody else is doing. I don't want to hear this. I'm giving him by all, you've seen something for the shooting threes. I mean, you're standing around the three point line. What guard is gonna do? So so I think back, you know, they cried too much. All these guys in the league cried too much. He's too big to be crying. I'm sorry. I said it about two years ago. He could be the next Will Chamberlain, but I don't know. He could be the next Dunkin Donut or somebody because he just cried.
Speaker 4: I mean, listen, I know I don't watch much basketball, but I do know I watch enough to know that when Charles Oakley played, the Bigs were a little bit different. The Bigs played a little different. Yeah, for sure, the game is different. The game is evolved now. And Joel ebiid whether he cries it out or whins a lot, I mean he does a lot. Yeah, play he can play down in the post. He can he got a mire range game. He can go out there from three, but he can't help but that he's hurt. Now, I'm sure you know back in the day, you know, in the eighties and nineties, it was all about being tough and playing through injury. But dude, he's seven feet almost three hundred some pounds, so there's a little difference.
Speaker 1: You got. You got to give him a little grace.
Speaker 4: The mentality Charles Oakley has is that old school mentality, gets your ass out there.
Speaker 1: If you got damn leg.
Speaker 4: Broke, just go out there and get it done, no matter what. Don't cry about it. But times have changed, times are different. I understand where oak is coming from because that's kind of my era too. But I that that's that's a tough one. He ain't got to lean on him like that. He ain't got lean on him heavy like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, it's it's easy for oak to say, go out there and play even though you're hurt, because when you went out there injured, you ain't have to get nothing but two points.
Speaker 1: Right, Oakley want a score on like that? He won't like no tweet rebound.
Speaker 2: He was a rebounder and in porcel Dennis.
Speaker 4: He was like Dennis Rodman, Yeah, listen, how you talking crazy like that?
Speaker 1: And he won't even know off of the juggernaut like that.
Speaker 2: Noah, Because here's the thing. When you're out there on the court, don't nobody know you hurt? All they see is in beat on the back of the jersey. We say that all the time. Guys go out there hurt and they don't give you production. You know how this bit. You know how professional sports work. If you out there, all they see is the name on the back of that jersey. Now what do you normally do? That's what they expect. Hurt and those hurt they don't want to hear the a just show me the baby. I understand the labor pains is gonna be intense, but show me the healthy baby. And so they're saying Joel and be look that big old but we know you don't normally wear a knee braids. But bro, you can't you drop fifty? Was he hurt when he dropped fifty? Gill? Yeah, okay, then that's what see. You can't drop fifty And they said, oh man, my knee. And then when you come out there and play bad, even though you won, because he that's Tyree's Maxiew won that game. The other night, Joel and b was really really bad. He had a triple double, but he was awful. I mean he had like four consecutive turnovers in a row. I talking about he was throwing the ball. He was spraying the ball all over the feet, all over the court. Yeah, it's hard because even him at what percent, he's just more d he's just dominant. Yes, you know, And and this is more of an NBA thing. I don't know if they have it like this in football. If all three of us is playing one on one o cho, were gonna get the we're gonna we get the foul shinning as much as we want, They're not gonna call the foul the same So him Jokice Yannis Uh players like that. They he gets fouled a lot, right, right, They fouled a lot. But because they're so big, they're supposed to take it right, so they do the most frying. So when you're talking about if a ref, like think about a ref. They don't want to give about thirty three throws to a guy for the game. So now I have to pick and choose what I'm gonna give and be files. But he's getting fouled. He can get fouled every time he touched the ball, right that player is thinking, yo, I need thirty three throws and they're like, so I'm gonna go give your teen to night. That kind of frustrates players, okay, with a guard a guard max Maxia getting more free throws than Joel than Bid with the same style because he's smaller against shak Shaq should have been shooting twenty three throws at night. I was folowing him every time he touched the ball, like it. But I think the most I think the biggest thing is is yeah, yeah, Joel Ebide. We know he has that knee issue, but the man is playing paying, playing with bail palsy, which is is kind of like it's kind of like a it's kind of like a mind form of a stroke because you know, you see his eye lid going close. Sometimes your mouth uh gets crooked.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: You have like a loss of some function issues, like you know, so that might be more so than the knee. Is that what that what that debilitating disease does to you? He's out there playing. I don't know anybody, if I'm not mistaken I think Marks Rev had that and he missed an entire year. Yeah, we usually take pill a center for stuffing like that. I'm gonna just be gonna help that because what they said, how you get it, boy, you get it from the.
Speaker 5: Yet of course, Whittaker going on now, yeah, yeah, yeah, you got that last King of Scholar.
Speaker 2: So I don't know. Man, listen, listen, he better say up the shrip clubs. I can tell you that.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: Come on, it's playoff time. Man. You can't be out there with your odd twitching. Mello said he would have been out for blood if Anthony ed was treated him the same way he treated KD. Let's take a listen to what Melo had to say.
Speaker 1: That's the young dude called this shot before it even started. Versu legends that not crazy. I love it when I'm sitting I would have been.
Speaker 2: Like this, niggas buck y'all don't want to kill this lord. I would have been off of blood. They moving out his way in a competitive way. I would have been off of blood. I'm taking that ass. What you just called me out in front of Maliga. It's just that it goes back to say, you gotta know how to put these pieces together, and I get what Phoenix did. They said, we're going all land. We gotta go out, Thomas. Now, we gotta put all the chips on the table. We gotta go.
Speaker 1: These young boys ain't trying to hear that.
Speaker 2: None of these young boys in this league is trying to hear that. Mm what you mean to go out for blood? Oh? Joe, Remember we had the conversation the other night. We are a fight. What you're gonna do?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: You hit me my nose, right, that's what you want. But you were a who game you.
Speaker 4: Talk about though, in a hoop game when you ain't saying nothing, you just out there playing. Now you got somebody talking trash to you. Oh, it raises the level of play just a little bit. That's why when somebody, when you add trash talking to the game and you're competing, it forces you or it makes you want to play at a higher level, even though you're in the middle of a game already. It just I think that's that's that's where he's coming from.
Speaker 2: But that's not Kevin game. You just told me when you started talking. If somebody started talking back, they gonna get angry. They're gonna get out of their game because the game you won't Kevin, you're ready to do something that he doesn't normally do. Nah. See what what Melo saying is the way Mellow played and the style Mellow played. If Ann would have been talking to him, Mellow, listen, they would have lost the game. Yeah, they would have lost that game. Mellow would have had about sixty because nobody else is shooting that ball. Come on down here. He would have hit him with all them old bowls that he does. He does it everybody, and he would have put young fell in that basket. He would have jeopardized. He would have jeopardized that lost to prove a point. That's that's what he said. I ain't trying to I approved point of the regular seasons. I ain't proved no point in the postseason. I'm trying to advance. Now, you got trying to advance with someone like Anthony Edwards and I'm young boys not caring. You get that's his favorite player. What he did again, you see how it carried him over to the next couple of games. You can't give him no inches to the players. So Melow would have hold on. If we want to win this, seriously, we got to jeopardize this game. He straight drops. Yeah, he straight drops. Mellow would have hit you with.
Speaker 4: You gotta stop him. It's like like with your kids. But it's like you can stop. First of all, they gave up all the defenders. They got no they got no wing defenders. So they gave up their best wing defender in order to get Kevin Durant. And see, that's what you that's the risk. And when I tell people at some point in times, you gotta play some defense, you gotta.
Speaker 2: Get a stop look at, look at and clutch situation. That last game, they couldn't stop Anthony Edwards. He got wherever he wanted to get on the floor, He got whatever shot he wanted to get. They didn't bless him, they didn't trap him, they didn't get the ball in his hand. They let him play one on one. You better not letting no great player catch a rhythm in trump. But you're gonna play in one on one, especially when you catch they gather are too good. Yeah, yeah, you can't play anybody one on one. But Anthony he has he has great role players around him. Right when we talk about Michael Jordan, the reason Michael Jordan get a double Scottie Pippott. They were great basketball players, right, you know, and and and Anthony Edwards. He has smart basketball players surrounding him, so it's gonna be hard to double him, just like it's hard to double. Yes, they have great players around them, so you have to play them one on one. And as long as you're playing them one on one, get in this basket.
Speaker 4: Yeah right, I kind of I kind of understand when Mello say out for blood.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 4: And being out for blood is also a mentality as well, like somebody matter of fact, somebody doesn't even need to say nothing to you or you to already be out for blood in general, because some people's game just carries that type of style and you know, just just the way they are.
Speaker 1: I think about and I like the way he say out for blood. Like with my kids.
Speaker 4: When it comes to competing anything that we do here, we could be at David Busses Hell, we could be playing, you know, and when it comes to this one in here, when they're making all that noise, I have to establish dominance at all times, no matter what we're doing.
Speaker 1: Always you have to lose.
Speaker 4: I got to win because the Bills carried them especially for the kids when you play, when you do anything competitive with your kids, Huh. You got to be out for blood.
Speaker 2: So you want to win. You want to win the battle and lose the war.
Speaker 1: I ain't gonna matter, never lose the war because the war. Don't start the war. The war.
Speaker 4: Let me tell you, I ain't gonna never lose no battle, and I'm not gonna lose no war.
Speaker 1: The dominance when they're young.
Speaker 2: But no, I'm talking about mellow. You go trying to make it a one on one.
Speaker 1: Oh, I see what you mean. I see what you mean. I see what you mean.
Speaker 4: You got to set the tone, though, you got to set the tone. It's a seven game series.
Speaker 2: I gotta sit down, listen. I ain't twenty no more.
Speaker 1: Me.
Speaker 2: You see see, I can't.
Speaker 1: You good?
Speaker 2: Hey, but here o Joe, I get it. I get it.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 2: I want to try to, you know, but you can't get on a one on one battle because you're trying to win the game or you're trying to show that you're better than him.
Speaker 1: Right, I'm trying to listen.
Speaker 4: Maybe maybe a little bit of both, Maybe have a little balance of both.
Speaker 2: You know, A guy like you ain't doing that because if you could take his heart, he wouldn't even talking to you like that.
Speaker 1: I'm on that.
Speaker 2: There's a reason why he's talking. There's a reason why he's talking to you like that. But remember he was he was struggling early in a couple of shots hit, a couple of shots, came down, said something, hit another one. Kevin Durant came down, said something right, he came back, said something. Now it's over right here in rhythm now in three shots. Now, you ain't stopping him now, any any great player. Let him see the ball go in. Now he really gonna start talking because I got something to talk about. It's just like, hey, let me get a couple of catches. You better not let me get a couple. Let me get three catches in the first quarter.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know what, you know what, You already know what it feel like when you touch that ball the first time.
Speaker 2: Early.
Speaker 4: I need to just give me you touch it early. Oh, but you you in there for the rest of the game. Kadie Bardadoe, Hey, I mean your e the whole game.
Speaker 2: That seems like the most touch streaming thing for for for in y'all sport, Being a great receiver, being a great receiver in your quarterback ain't on the same page with your own.
Speaker 4: God, that's frustrating. Hey, Gear, you going to some games and whoever you're playing. Let's say, if we're playing the Ravens and God, what's the Ravens coach name? Brian Billy Man, Brian billy come into the game and say, I don't care what the Bengals do today, Ocho, ain't touching the ball. Man, Listen, They'll walker Daily's Thomas out from that d n unk. Put him right in front of me. Shade ed read over to my side with the DV off about seven yards right behind the Daily list I'm talking about. It's like that full quarter straight. Oh naw, you gotta go to the you gotta go hike it yourself.
Speaker 2: Then, hey, you got.
Speaker 4: That is one of the that's one of the worst feelings, even though it's a sign of respect, it's one of the worst feelings to go through practice Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, have a walk through Saturday, and then go into the game on Sunday and have the opposing team play a game style where you ain't.
Speaker 1: Touching the ball. I get out of him, I get catches for twenty yards.
Speaker 4: I worked all all week. I worked hard all week. You have two catches for twenty goddamn yards.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can institute the defense that I make it tough on you that you won't get Ojo. What was what was the book on Randy? What was the book on a t o frustrate him early? Make sure, Hey we're gonna roll coverage. We're gonna get them frustrated early. Then we got him. Yeah that's all you got to do with for wide receiver. Hey we're gonna try. Let's try to make him go the entire first quarter without having a catch. See yeah, yeah, see it's hard. It's hard, Like it's hard to do that in the NBA because for sure, because we go get the ball, you don't want to pay you like you don't want to get it to me. I go get right himself. But see that's the thing. Though. You can have a you can get the ball, you can drive the ball. A receiver plays a dependent position. He can't get the ball, you can't. I can make a jump on you. Yeah yeah, oh Joe, Tim Hardaway seeing you, says pat Riley wouldn't welcome Lebron back to the Heat. I don't think Lebron want to go back to the Heat. But anyway, he said, after what happened back then, pat Riley is not going to is not going to him.
Speaker 1: Please not playing you, said.
Speaker 2: Tim hard Tim Hardaway Senior, who gave him Michael phone. But is he on the team or where what you know he's saying, he's saying, uh, he's saying, uh, Pat Rowdy don't want Lebron back after everything played out. That man gave y'all four years, took you to four NBA finals, one your two championships. His debt was paid in full.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm curious.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure what brother Hardaway, Brother Hardaway Senior is really really talking about. I think if the opportunity presented itself, if Lebron was to come to Miami, I think that makes us somewhat of a contender, especially what we have now and the coaching that SPO does with less being able to compete. No, obviously in the playoffs we were hurt, we were hampered, But I mean it would be dope, it would be awesome. I mean, obviously, hypothetically speaking, it's not going to happen.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying if it did.
Speaker 4: I mean Pat Riley would god damn absolutely accept Lebron back, but open damn arms no matter what happened back then.
Speaker 2: That's fact. I mean, after he watched this whooping that they did this this year and they haven't got a big free agent sense of Lebron's left. If Lebron wanted to come back, trust me, is like, come on in here, because he knows Lebron is gonna bring another superstar with him, right, so you're not gonna You're not gonna jeopardize that over whatever happened over some cookies on the plane. I'm sorry, Well, what I mean, he don't want Lebron? You better want somebody go back. As a matter of fact, the way they keep on losing it, but they'll take d way back in. D Wade say his d say he ain't got enough for him. D Wade walked away. Listen, you need to be knut. I lose Jimmy. There's only so many there's so much, there's only so much running you can do. And whenhen we you start getting up in age, man like pat Rodney, that that that system over there is for a young boy. That's for like Detroit Pistons, right, Washington Wizards, you don't yeah, ok, yeah, you don't get don't get them boys, get them right players, superstars. That's not meant for them out there, he runs their body down. Yeah yeah, Well I'll tell you what. He better hope another lebron comes along another way. Well, you better hope of d Wade come along. How about that? In a shock? That that that got something to prove.
Speaker 1: I like it, but it ain't happening