Speaker 1: You are listening to The Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Our one of The Dan Patrick Show on a's simply Irresistible, Friday, August fourteenth. Welcome Tony Reality here sitting in man cave, sitting day two. But I'm not alone. I got Paulie, Fritzy, Dylan and Marvin with me. Who's got better than I do? No, Because I got you, guys. That's what that's about. Yesterday felt surreal, fellas, and I'm so happy to be back for another one. Today. We make it real, right, make it real with football. Let me hear it from football, our first impression at a first impression. Let me say it right off the top. Did anybody fall in love last night? Did anybody fall in love with Jeremiah Love? Oh?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 2: I love the way he looks, spin move, the way the cleats hit the grass. Yes, like he's angry at the idea of soil. That's what I saw from Love. Oh, there's love all over the place. All are over the place. Drew alar Oh what about him? Last night?
Speaker 4: Paully on behalf of Steelers fans. They are jacked up about Drew Allerton for thirteen two touchdowns, one fifty three. He runs one in. He's their quarterback. Maybe next year. Already it's in mid August. They're in love.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's good to fall him. It's a meet Friday here at the Dan Patrick Show, and we are meeting our football teams for the first time, our new teams. This week meeting, meeting, Yes, we're meeting. Last night was our first half, a night of preseason. Tonight more this weekend, more, more of anything, more of everything. Let's go Dan Patrick Show. We take your calls here eight seven seven to three DP show. I told you about falling in love. Well, there's a story that is not about love. It's the Jade and Daniels story. It's back for another day here, guys. We did this yesterday and I've been thinking about it overnight and I really would love to get to a place where I could see Jade and Daniels side of the story used the background again. The report came in overnight Wednesday that disrespected, profoundly disrespected. That's the attorneys of Jade and Daniels as they send a cease and desist letter to LSU, his alma mater, saying the number five no, no, you told us we were going to retire it. You told us it was never gonna be used again. Now DJ Pickett is going to be wearing number five this season. We were promised it wouldn't be used. We are profoundly disrespected, and more and more keeps coming out of the story, and the Tony in me feels a certain way. I feel this is a bad look for Jayden Daniels and I just want to stop everybody, pull them together and be like, guys, we're not doing but is there another side? There has to be another side? Am I missing something? Am I Is there another Paulie? Is there a way Jade and Daniels has a point here?
Speaker 4: The tide turned so hard against Jade and Daniels yesterday that it became a story that broke out. I saw like five guys. Burger said they're going by four guys on their Twitter. There are people are poking funny.
Speaker 2: Yes, this is where you become the punchline. It crosses over cease and desist letters. I mean, once you go there. I don't know if I know the difference between cease and desist. I feel like they are the same thing. I don't know why we need to be saying that twice and also redundantly. But here's where we are. This is this is so the Jade and Daniel story. I still want unpack this. I still need to find a way for me to live in the world that I like to live in with some stasis? Uh do I can I find Jaden and Daniel's side of the story. John blou Lsu, reporter for The Advocate, will be us with us an hour two, so will my Frank Courtney crowded or two to unpack the NFL. Of course, in this huge weekend, Chicago Bears made some news this week? Or did they not make some news? There was a wild rumor about the Chicago Bears unfounded, unfounded, without founding, and Courty's gonna laugh about the idea that they would ever change their name. But we'll get to get into a team here where we have a head coach who is rotting high and he can do anything he wants in Chicago, Ben Johnson. But he has also put some words out there, greatest offense in NFL history. That's his goal. It's a good goal. It's good to have goals. But he put it out there. He could be putting his quarterback in offense in the cross hairs a little bit talked about getting real today. There is no one getting a bigger deal and bigger dose of reel than our man Dan Patrick. Right now, I'm sitting in for Dan. I'm in the man cape. Wedding day is one day closer. Dan. We're thinking about you, of course, and we're not calling you. This is a time to be with your family. But I am thinking about something today, Dylan. Maybe it's a little bit early for a poll, but you're a poll man. I don't know why I just said that, like, uh, well, there will be blood. Let me play this right now. I'm a poel man. I'm abandoned my poll. I mean, that's what I was thinking with that, nothing else but the idea that life comes at you fast. There are moments in life where life comes at you fast. There's a whole lot of life coming at you. On that list for me is walking your child down the aisle, your daughter down the aisle. Uh even before that, the first time you get the child, you know, the first time you get your heads of the baby. Falling in love, as we started today's show falling in Love with Jeremiah Love in PRECC Game one, These are moments where life comes at you fast. Those are three great ones. Which is fastest? Are there others? What I thinking of here, Polly, I'm in the middle.
Speaker 4: Of that right now. I've got a daughter, and six months ago we started taking college tours. Yes, and you start coming fast. Those college tours are like, Oh, it's really gonna happen. She's really gonna leave. Yeah, that's a that's a smash in the face.
Speaker 2: Life comes at you fast, Fritzy lefe coming at you fast.
Speaker 5: Right now, life is coming at me fast. My daughter is starting her senior year at Wake Forest. She's leaving on Tuesday, so that's crazy. And my son moved to Colorado and I was in California, so he's a twenty four so moving away.
Speaker 2: But you've seen you've seen the charts right where it shows you as a parent. I'm speaking to parents now, but everyone could be a parent at any point. So just listen. You see that chart. It tells you how much time you have with your children, and it goes like this, and it's amazing, and there's three and they're six, and they're eight, and then by the time they get to fifteen, it drops off the table on time they get to eighteen, you're off the table, you're on the floor, you're under the carpet, and it's an amazing thing to think about. A lot hits you, Dylan. How's life coming at you fast? Right now?
Speaker 6: It's coming pretty slow. I mean I got engaged this year, but other than.
Speaker 2: That I have it's going slow. I got engaged. I know that's that's a huge thing. Man. Man, congratulations, it's great.
Speaker 6: I just have no, like, real other responsibilities and I don't have any kids.
Speaker 2: Are no other real responsive You just got down underneae. Did you get that underneath? I did?
Speaker 6: I did it the old fashioned one.
Speaker 2: How'd you do it?
Speaker 6: We're in Bermuda and they're a little setup on the cliff and surprised there and did the whole nine?
Speaker 2: Oh boy, should I do it? I'm gonna do it. Meet me over here at camera two. I have an engagement story. Guys, maybe you know this about me, maybe you don't. Let's back to go to camera one. Okay, Well, I knew I wanted to propose to Sam since the moment I met her. I'm a love at first side type of guy. First site, second site, every site in between, every site, so We're doing it in New York because that's where I'm from. But we were staying in a hotel at the time, and I have the ring in a box, the box, the shoe, the shoe and a bag. The bag in a safe in the hotel. You think it's safe, right, We think it's safe. So we go out dancing in the day and it's the Dominican Day Parade and I don't want to have the box in my pocket while I'm dancing, you know, and I'm getting it out. So I asked the hotel Chambers hotel, very nice hotel in New York, can you please take this bag and please put it in your safe behind the counter. And they said, yes, mister Reality, whatever you need. We've checked out of the hotel. I had yet to propose, but this is where we are in life. We go out dancing old day, we come back, We take the cab back to the hotel. I go, babe. Before we get to the airport, I get a check the bag. You know, they have our car keys in and we need to get home. So get to the safe. Mister Reality. Good to see you again. Here's your oh the ticket, Thank you very much. Here we go they open up the safe right in front of me, and the safe is empty. Okay, Dylan, are you with me here? You're a man who just got engaged. I now am putting together that I don't have the bag that has the shoe, that has the box that has the ring in it. The safe is I'm sweating, mister Relly. No, no, we moved it to the backup stafe. Back up safe by definition, not a necessary thing on planet Earth. If you have one safe, you're safe enough, right, no need for a backup safe. So here I am. I'm now sweating. Nor mister reality, Please have a drink at the bar. I don't want to drink at the bar. I want to go out to the curb and maybe throw out my lunch. Okay, that's what I want to do. I go outside. Sam is making small talk with everybody. Oh, hello, everytty, and she's, of course the life of the lobby at this point. And then she looks at me and she says, what just happened? Did you yell at everybody in there? I didn't yell. I just nearly vomited. She could tell, right, But I'm about to tell her when at this moment, I had a New York City porter, which is a maybe it's it's a dying breed, but it's a man who works at the hotel and carries the bags. And this guy was a pison from back when pisons were still pisons. The mustache was a caterpillar, all right, and it was flapping in the breeze as he's running out. Relocated the bag. It's at Laguada Airport. What is it doing there? Two couples had checked out right before I gave them my ticket. You know, I know how to gave them the ticket. They didn't know how to take the ticket. They gave the bag to the other couple. When they got to curbside check in at LaGuardia. What happened? They noticed an extra bag. They called the hotel. I'll never forget this it was. It was a couple from Iowa. I always think people from Iowa are the greatest. And here we go. They called the hotel. We get into cab with the general manager hotel. They're making small talk. We get to curbside checking I may have bowled over the couples. They didn't even acknowledge them. Looked at the bag, felt better, ripped open the bag saw the shoe felt better, ripped open the shoe, saw the box felt better, ripped open the box, took out the ring, and I pulled Sam in between the men's and women's bathroom at LaGuardia Air Plastic and I proposed right there. And that is how you propose, right, That is true love. But that's too tense, the tense moment. It's it's reality. So, Dylan, I congratulate you on a game that looked nothing like that, and I wish you nothing but the best.
Speaker 6: It was definitely a lot more stress free than that, but it is the entire time you're just like, don't lose this thing you're carrying around for weeks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is a very So it's a life coming at you fast. Can we have a poll here? Don't? Can we go life coming at you fast? It doesn't have to be my engagement story whether I'm a maniac or not. I know I'm a maniac, but life coming at you fast, walking your daughter down the aisle, having the baby, or the baby moving out. Let's do those three. Let's do it, Fritzy.
Speaker 5: So it sounds like your relationship comes with a lot of baggage.
Speaker 2: Right, Fritzy, I was prepared for this, you know, you know I have to say this Friday. Fritzy is a real thing. And I was prepared because in the mentions, people want watch out for Fritzy, Watch out Fritzi. You are wonderful. I've enjoyed every moment with you. I'm not out of control so far.
Speaker 4: To be fair, you've been here a day and a half.
Speaker 2: Y Marvin, please a moment of life coming at you fast.
Speaker 7: My son is about to start the seventh grade. And the worst thing about social media is they have those reminders. Hey, seven years ago, your kid was this, ten years ago, your kid was this. And I'm looking like, yeah, man, he's taller than yah.
Speaker 2: It's kid stuff.
Speaker 7: My son is taller than my wife now and it's like, man, this is killing me right now. I miss my little guy. I'm super proud of the young man he's becoming, but I miss my little guy.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, And you know what, you always have that little guy. He's still there. He's gonna show you that in moments, one little glimpse of it in the day. You know, you have these whispers, these daja vu moments for the rest of your life, whether you're a parent, or not. I'm not trying to say this is just a parent discussion. You have those whispers of djevo. My point is to lean into them. I opened today's show saying it was surreal yesterday to host the show. And that's for a lot of reasons, because of my love of this show. I was watching this show for decades while while filming Around the Horn. My Around the Horn production meeting had two TVs. One was on the view and the other was on this show. But then I would change the view sometimes and put on Remington Steel. So is Remington Steel and Dan and the Dan Nets. Remington Steele was on TV Land or something like that. Every yeah, yeah, I like that show. Every every title may have had the words steal in it. It was very it was very uh so. So this show, Dan Patrick Show, Remington Steel is how I prepped around second Classic. I have some observations from my first show yesterday, which I will get to that maybe later. They observations of each and every one of you. I believe you know me as a high energy guy, and dear viewers, I was decaf again today for you, so we could bring it down here if you like, If you like, I have some I'm also somebody who is very very real and and and soulful in a good way, respectful way. I want to tell you how you made me feel. And and that's it's an important thing. It's a surreal thing. But surreal is just the most real things that we never really took time to unpack. And that's what I felt yesterday and I want unpacking today your calls eight seven seven three DP show. Hello to all watching on Peacock and the four hundred station's internationale and on radio. Right now, we are smiling this morning. It's a Meet Friday, who's got it better than we do? No al right back on the Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio wapp.
Speaker 6: STEC gotts here.
Speaker 8: I have a podcast empire. It continues to grow, and I have brought it here to iHeart. I'm also doing a live radio show from three to five pm Eastern because my.
Speaker 2: Wife wanted to kick me out of the house.
Speaker 8: It's called Stegotson Company Live, which is available in podcast form right when the show finishes. Every single day. Some of the biggest names in sports. A lot of phone calls.
Speaker 3: I love you on the show.
Speaker 2: It's one of my favorite.
Speaker 8: A lot of interact shit guys not taking themselves too seriously. Those are just some of the things that you can expect from Stu gottson Company, stew Gotson Company Live. So listen to stew Gods and Company Live and Ouriur Original Podcast. Please subscribe, rate and review Stew Gotson Company and God Bless Football. Taylor's livelihood depends on it. You do it today and you can check all of those out on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcast or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: Football, football, fudball. Look at Paulie here, he's got the shirt. Look at Fritzy here, he's got mech and some Zubet Fritzy. Can we just get a full stand up? Here is eh Carl Mecklenburg. Oh that's great. And then to the side. Uh yeah. So the Zubas, That's what I'm gonna focus in on, all right, are those genuine Zubez or knockoff?
Speaker 5: They are originals Zubas. And it's got the Bronco logo that matches my hat and the greatest logo in all of sports with the d with the horse and the smoke coming out of Easy Easy?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 2: What's older? Right now? Those pants are Dylan. At least it is meet Friday here on the Dan Patrick Show. The grills fired up outside today Ribs, wings and brisket powered by Rectech would fire grills learn more at rectech dot com, r E C T e Q dot com. And we are meeting our NFL teams right now in their first preseason and it's fall in love Friday. Oh boy, I mean here, here's how I I'm I'm a fall in love guy and we have a Jeremiah Love So this works out perfectly right for me. That was one headline, But we have a two different ways to view this. I'm listening. That means to me, I saw something and I'm interested and and and let's see if the potential plays out here, if the preseason one, preseason two, or full on. I see the vision, Oh, I see the vision of what played out last night. You can't fall in love all the time. So do you see a vision or are you listening a lot of headlines from last night? Bullie? What do you got fur?
Speaker 4: Before we get to Mendoz, the one thing that stood out last night was the Tennessee Titans offense. Not their uniforms, by the way we got to talk about, but their offense. It felt like an old spread, shoot them up, Texas tech offense. It didn't work great last night. I think cam Ward was five for twelve. Yeah, but the style of offense felt like the he'll be in shotgun spreading it around all right.
Speaker 2: And strategically that may be the right play for a team where you still want to see what you got with cam Ward, and you also you gotta have some fun, Titan. Have the Titans been having fun for the last three, four or five years? Have Titan fans been having fun for the last three or four or five years. Spread it out, see what you can do with cam Ward. Unleash them. Marvin, what did you think of the jerseys? They were a bit oily to me? And what I mean, it's already men, tell me what you mean. I know what you mean, man, right, you felt oilers in them? Correct?
Speaker 7: But the thing is they're the Tennessee Titans, not like they're the Tennessee Oilers.
Speaker 2: They have nothing.
Speaker 7: I know, they're quote unquote the same franchise, But no, you move to a different state and you changed your name. I think that should be in Houston. There's no oil in Tennessee, not to my knowledge, at least the oilers Earl Campbell and Warren Moon that stays in Houston, not over to Tennessee.
Speaker 4: Paully officially on the NFL's website and NFL reference, the Houston Oilers history blends right into the Tennessee Titans, and so they are still had the history of the Houston Oilers and these uniforms. Yesterday they were almost felt like seventy five percent of the old oilers uniforms, but not enough to get sued by someone.
Speaker 2: When that's your strategy, it already tells you where you're going. You're trying to convince people they're not there. Houston is not there. They're not happy the Titans are trying to claim the oilers. I think this is just this is my view of it. You know, whenever you so, they're trying to slowly blur the history to make you forget. Dylan, you got something.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I actually have a little update on Tennessee's oil production.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, yes, please so news you can use this is news.
Speaker 6: You can use eleven counties in Tennessee do currently drill for oil and natural gas. So it's not nothing. It's not to the level of Houston, but they do have oil m all right.
Speaker 2: So the first look six games was the state. Last night, real quick on Bengals Lions, Joe Burrow sacked on the opening possession. Doesn't mean anything, but that's how that started. Colt's Patriots Anthony Richards in an interception, maybe not his fault, a fumble that was his fault in this first couple of possessions. But I want to start with Fernando Mendozo. Start with the man at the top. Our first look at Mendoz Cousins had the start for Vegas and looked very solid, as you knew he would. Rookie running back Mike Washington Junior, which is the most running back name you can possibly get, had some moves there where maybe Ashton GenZ Dynasty owners were like, what's that about? There? A sixty yard run or so on his four three three speed. But this begins and ends with Fernando Mendoza learning to fall in love. Do you see the vision, Fritzy, are you listening? I don't want to.
Speaker 5: See the vision because they're in the AFC West. I do see the vision, but it is we're seen a choir boy type in the silver and black.
Speaker 2: Is very bizarre. So, yeah, you you would prefer some tats on Fernando.
Speaker 5: He's so nice and gentle and kind of sweeten whatever you want to call. And to be on the Raiders of all teams is just a very strange dynamics.
Speaker 2: You're not gonna get flash with Fernando Mendozo. Your flash may come post game where he gives you something so sponsor ready with a glint in his eye. It's and that will have his little that will be flashy. But in the game, mof middle field throws. I saw him. I see the vision. He worked the sideline from left hash to right sideline. I see the vision. A touchdown, Paulie, what did you see?
Speaker 4: H Yeah, Mendoza was ten of sixteen, one hundred yards, one touchdown, one sack. He doesn't do the roll right throw across your body sixty yards thing that makes the highlights exactly.
Speaker 2: He doesn't.
Speaker 4: He's like mister, you know, he fit a couple passes in there that were tight at one over the middle that you said, But you look at Mendoza and still say, no matter what happens in the preseason, if you're the Raiders, stick to the air quotes plan of making him money.
Speaker 2: We said this yesterday, and I hear you, and you may have gotten me even halfway across the street from where I was, right. I mean, Kirk Cousins is Kirk Cousins is Kirk Cousin. You know exactly what you're gonna get with him. I'm operating under the he's going to impress me, Mendoza. He's gonna be good. If he's good, let's go, let's go. If I mean, if you see it, and you see it, then let's do it. There is a schedule here that you should consider. And the schedule is the first six games look to be a little hairrier. And then tell me what week eight is, please, PAULI.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Let's say Kirk Cousins is starting the season for the Raiders. I think in week four, Chiefs, Week five, Patriots, Week six, Bills, Week seven, Rams. That's a gauntlet. And if they're somehow under five hundred to that point, they got the Jets the next weekend, that's week eight. That's week eight. Is that the target game? If things aren't going well with Cousins easy ramp up with against the Jets for Mendoza.
Speaker 2: Don't you have something?
Speaker 6: I mean, I think that's probably a good rule of thumb for any team with a rookie quarterback is just wait until you play the Jets and.
Speaker 2: Start at that. I mean, of course, we all know Patrick Mahomes did not play his rookie season until the last game of the season, put up some great numbers and then he was off. And that's how you saw it. And that's one way to do it. I don't know if there's just one way to do it. I don't But with the Las Vegas Raiders franchise and the history, and this is surprising because Derek Carr did quarterback this franchise for a chunk of time that's close to seven or eight years, and he started every game. But beyond that, they have put up some numbers, not Cleveland Brown numbers, but they put up some numbers with the variety of quarterbacks they've thrown out there. So this is quarterback star franchise, this is star star franchise. We saw what he just did. He's gonna be a different type of star. I agree. Does he fit Vegas's whole motif. I don't know, but I mean build a new motif.
Speaker 4: He fits modern Vegas, he doesn't like nineteen seventy five Vegas. That's Ken Stabler, right, that's the kind of guy you'd want there, Ken Staylor, Brett Fahr. But Mendoza. Vegas is kind of antiseptic now and that kind of fits their new quarterback since.
Speaker 2: Nineteen ninety nine. Can we do a little trivia here? How many starting quarterbacks have the Las Vegas Raiders had? Thirteen thirteen's Paulice guessed? Anyone who want to go, Yeah, go muf eighteen eighteen, Dylan twenty five, Big Man Fritzy sixteen thirty's the answers in that time. Yeah, that's surprising. And again Derek Carr put in together an eight nine year run. Oh wow, So we have Mendoza and I want to talk a little bit more about Mendoza in a second. By the opposite side of the field were the Arizona Cardinals where we got Carson Beck a rib injury, very late scratch in that game. Didn't get to look at him, kind of disappointed about that's the bus step Canton. We'll have to wait for Carson Beck. Jeremiah Love Levin carries fifty eight yards early in that game. Not sure exactly what he finished with, but what I saw was a man who is in a I think a good position to be productive in his rookie campaign. And Ashton Genty would be a comp from the year before. Nothing about their style or anything, but the position Ashton Genty was in with the Raiders, which was a poor team, and we saw a yards for carrying the threes for Ashton Genty for so many games. Well, Arizona may not be a good team, but I will give a nod to Love for two things. Home run hitter and good with the ball in his hands from the air and catching passes. Paulie, you had the stats from his Notre Dame days.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he has a lot of catches. He's expected to catch a lot of balls with the fantasy stat predictions. Do you look at him? Do you have a comp for him from like that?
Speaker 2: Do I have a vision? Do you have what you're asking me?
Speaker 4: We're playing comp off? What was the comp for Jeremiah Love Is Is it too easy to go with Saquon Barkley? A full service running back.
Speaker 2: Who could take Barkley? Yeah? I mean, I mean, well, let's say a rookie who has an immediate impact Saikuon Barkley would have had a thousand yard season that first year, thirteen hundred yards rushing in his rookie season and was good out of the backfield. I don't see that physically, per se a little bit less thigh and anyone with the actual body part of thighs has less thighs. That stay go on Parkley. The two things, the one is a comp is Isaiah Pacheco in that I dislike you Grass and I am going to step through you the way those fleets are put in there. I go big. And this is this is a comp. We can play comp game. You guys can bring this up later. Adrian Peterson is what I saw for one or two runs last night, and there's a spin. There was a run where he breaks through the first line and he makes his cut and he puts his feet down. The shoulder pads are higher than maybe they're where Adrian Peterson was. That's what I saw. And falling in love in preseason game one and having a comp for Adrian Peterson. This is the business. We've chosen people. You could put it on my grave. Maybe not, but this is what I saw last night, Polly.
Speaker 4: Adrian Peterson coming out of college his first year and only nine starts thirteen hundred yards. Year nine starts all right, bar high. The second year seventeen hundred and sixty fourteen hundred and thirteen hundred, that he had a little bit of injury. Then he runs for twenty ninety.
Speaker 2: Sears' familiar with Adrian Peterson being a top five running back of all time.
Speaker 4: No, I'm not watering down your comp I know, but even when.
Speaker 2: You say it, there, wow, that puts a high bar. The bar not as high for Jeremiah Love as I thought. The over under from our guys in Vegas is under nine hundred and a half. It is eight seventy five and a half for Jeremiah Love in this rookie season. I mean, can that's Is that a poll that you're interested in? Here? I mean, he's gonna totally ours the catches there. I got a list here rookie running back since two thousand who have had over a thousand yards, And there have been quite a few, Saquon Barkley. I just referenced that thirteen hundred, but they're all not sa quans, PAULI.
Speaker 4: You know, going back to NFL combined Saquon Barkley, I'm sorry, Jeremiah Love and Christian McCaffrey listed the same height and weight. McCaffrey's rookie year, he only had four hundred and thirty five yards rushing, but he had eighty catches. His next year he had eleven hundred yards rushing and one hundred and seven catches. That could be the.
Speaker 2: Height and weight rasually, because here McCaffrey strikes me as smaller and he runs lower to the ground a little bit to.
Speaker 4: Take on something one inch difference from the combine and what is that six to one? Yeah, six to one to compare to six.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Love looks a little bit bigger than six to one. Yes, Marvin, I.
Speaker 7: Feel like Jeremiah Love's going to have that Saquon type of game, because Saquon with the Giants, it'd be a two yard rush, negative one yard rush, three yard rush, eighty yards.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a byproduct of being on a team that is still getting there. Barry Sanders' entire careers at in the lines were perpetually getting there. But it's not Ezekiel Elliott, for example, which like Love had the high draft status and some hype coming in, and Ezekiel Elliet hit the ball to the park because you had the best offensive line in football. So that's that's your gold standard, at least for rookie seasons in the last twenty years or so. Eric Dickerson would be another gold standard. Sixteen hundred yards for Ezekiel Elliott, the second most rushing yards for a rookie running back since two thousand. That's let's bring in some This is simply irresistible question right here. I mean, you may not know the I gave you Zekee Elliott. He's he's number one since two thousand for rushing yards rookie. Ye who's number two? Fritzy?
Speaker 5: There would be number thirty eight Mike Andersons, No, he's a little bit lower.
Speaker 2: That was a big number, fourteen eighty seven. That's not this is another sixteen hundred yard running back. You could stay local. It wouldn't be the answer. But there's another. The Denver Brockets would just turn half thousand yard backs for a while. Or Clinton Porters had a fifteen That was my guest Clinton Porter incorrect, No, Dylan.
Speaker 6: Uh hm not Clinton Ports.
Speaker 9: Alfred Morris, Dylon Grady. I did not think anybody was going to get that second need a second source on that. The source is the source.
Speaker 2: Man. My name is my name, Dylan Grady is my name.
Speaker 6: Fantasy football.
Speaker 2: I know, all right, isn't that one of the great things? Alfred Morris, some of the great names. Doug Martin now departed, Jamal Lewis, Adrian Peterson, Kareem Hunt, Jordan Howard had had one of those years over under nine hundred yards for Jeremiah Love, I am so in love right now. I'm going way over Paulick.
Speaker 4: That list you had is interesting because it's like top ten pick, fifth rounder, top ten pick, fourth rounder. Alfred Morris was taking the sixth round of the twenty twelve draft and ran for sixteen hundred yards as a rookie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dang, wow, it's good to have an Alfred in the league. I don't know we have enough Alfred's in the league. Marvin, do you.
Speaker 7: Think the running back positions the easiest transition from college historically?
Speaker 2: I think that was the case. Receivers was the hardest in some ways. You had you had two to three year I mean Tim Brown took years to get to a Hall of Fame status. I don't know if that's the case anymore. I mean receivers can come out. So our receiver last night, same game, Marvin Harrison Junior touchdown could be revenge year for him. We'll get more, so much more football Football Football DP Show eight seven to seven three DP show for your calls more right here, The Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live. Oh my God of the day.
Speaker 2: Check this out.
Speaker 6: Louise swings lines it in the right field of base it. Here's the throat of the plate. Sachas his tag, He's safe. Padrey's walking song got underneath their tag.
Speaker 2: Camposano wins it. The Padres complete the sweep underneath the tag. That's Louise Composano's walk off single for the Padres last night San Diego. Getting Hot, That's what's in Remember that song where the used to say that's what's in videos won five straight fifteen of nineteen and now firmly into the second wildcard slot. Do you like to use the expression getting hot at the right time. This is not exactly still yet the right time, but it's good to get hot now, I think, right, have you ever wiped with a piece of dry toilet paper and wondered is this as good as it gets? It's not. The people switched to life changing Wet extra large fleshable Dude Wipes because wetter just cleans better. Available on Amazon, at at major retailers nationwide, Dudewipes best Clean Pants Down Fritzy.
Speaker 5: They put out poopsicles that they sent us over to the July fourth holiday.
Speaker 4: They look like those bombs.
Speaker 2: Now I know where people saying when we watch out for Fritzy. Okay, now I get it, now, I get it completely. I have observations. I will get to observations of of of all of you guys in a wonderful life affirming way. We don't need to do that right now, don't need that. What do you want to talk? Let me take some calls eight seven seven three DP show please. I love the idea that this is. I can say calls. I couldn't do this on a round the word in DESPN all these years, did I see the callsliding up? A real quick pull me dil.
Speaker 6: It yes, Sir Fernando Mendoza, dot exceeded expectations, met expectations, or did not meet expectations. Obviously we have to overreact.
Speaker 2: No, we don't have to overreact, or maybe looked exactly how we expected.
Speaker 6: Well, you'd be correct because eighty percent, say, met expectations.
Speaker 2: Okay, well that meets my expectations that eighty percent would meet my expectations. I have an observation yelling about you. Can I start with you? You may? Yes, I feel you are on the cusp of greatness, the cusp of greatness and the perfect pole. Will you today aspire with me to create the exactly perfect fifty to fifty pole?
Speaker 6: Ooh, a challenge?
Speaker 2: I like, the challenge doesn't have to be today. I'm just a life's mission. It's the greatest. It's like in Seinfeld when Kramer gets the car below e just for that last ride. He's really living the dream. I see it in you. I see the vision in you. I see you could get there to fifty to fifty.
Speaker 6: Trying to think, yeah, we're gonna have to I'm gonna have to brainstorm some topics. Oh, yes, you will man to get people to meet more the brainstorm. It's going to become your life. I want to see commitment from you.
Speaker 2: Challenge accepted, Challenge accept doesn't have to be maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, maybe next day. And I see perfection in you. Thank you, sir. And I think fifty fifty is perfection, Fritzy.
Speaker 5: What about if you thought you were good enough, would you sue to have your jersey number retired? Could that be something that would get in the fifty to fifty ballpark.
Speaker 2: Nobody wants to be the sup person anymore. That's the problem with this Jade and Daniels story. And thank you, Fritzy, because it gets me to be able to say, we'll be having our guest today in the ten minutes from now two o'clock hour, mister, that's gonna be with us. Oh right, we have a chance to talk about this Jaden Daniels story again, which I'm excited about. We will. No, No, being litigious is not going to get you fifty fifty, Fritzy. It's just not it's not fully.
Speaker 4: I think the reaction against Jade and Daniels yesterday nationally was overwhelming. I mean I couldn't see a lot of people I saw.
Speaker 2: It is a twenty coming in. I said it right when we sat down, turn up to eighty two twenty four, and that's not a great place to be. But I will aspire to find Jade and Daniel's side of the story by the end of this.
Speaker 4: All right, I got a fifty to fifty possible poll quest, Oh possible. You got to pick the Rookie of the Year, and your only choices are Jeremiah Love and Fernando Mendoza.
Speaker 2: And you think that's gonna be fifty fifth.
Speaker 4: I think it's gonna be real tight.
Speaker 2: I don't agree with you. I think Love's gonna be above Love above with the Cardinals foot Love above all else, Paully. I mean, it's just a chance to really put together stats, and a rookie quarterback's stats, as good as they could be, are gonna be dominated by the fact that the Raiders are still four and thirteen. And that's anybody getting rookie the Year to a four win team, whereas and it's gonna be put on the quarterback, whereas the Cardinals could be four and thirteen. But if Love goes for eleven hundred and ten touchdowns, I mean that's a no brainer. Fritzy.
Speaker 5: Is it because Love's gonna play a lot more or a lot better? What was your initial thing when.
Speaker 2: I think Love's gonna play, I mean you can't play. You can't play more than than the quarterback. I think, well, I mean I now, Mendoza may only be playing half a year as well or not, he may not be playing at all. But Week one, Love's gonna be playing, and you're gonna be seeing him. And I think it's pretty easy to fall for the running back. You know I do. That's not not not in all awards, MVP is going to the quarterback, but but in this particular award, that's where I am right here taking calls. Let's see what we got here, NFL preseason. I have a Darwin in Detroit, Oh, the origin of the species here Darwin. How are you? My friend? Jody?
Speaker 3: I am outstanding brother, like we like to say in Detroit. What don't.
Speaker 2: I know that? I know that?
Speaker 3: Hey, Tony, I'll tell you Ben, first of all, this is the first time calling me, and I'm planned that you there do lisday and I want to keep that real now, yes, all right, your your passion, your energy is off the chaine.
Speaker 2: I was worried about this, darr And I'm gonna be honest. You know there where I took the DCALF and I'm not even a crazy coffee trigger. This is but people told me, you know you're gonna be on do DCAF Man, you're too much. You're too much. I am who I am, Darwin, and I passed that on to all of us, right, be yourself, so you know, be your be the best Darwin you can be. But be yourself. Man.
Speaker 3: I only get one of them, broy and that's why I and that's why I are my man. Here's here's a full question that I do have because I have this conversation about the folks when it comes to preseason games?
Speaker 1: Are you more?
Speaker 3: Do you like better the first, the second or the third game?
Speaker 2: Darwin get in our production meeting. We had this conversation yesterday. Thank you very much, Darwin for the call and for for the kind words. Preseason game? What what means most as a viewer to watch I know what means most of the coach. I think we can all agree, but to watch week one, Week two, week three of the preseason Fritzie.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna go right down the middle as I usually do go with the second one the first one that just end up filling it out and none of the main guys are really playing the third one. Maybe it's too close to the start of the season and knowing how to be freak accident. Right before week one, I think you see the most. Maybe right in the middle of.
Speaker 2: That, we think you see the most. Dylan.
Speaker 6: For me, it's week one because you're actually excited for football to be back. By week three, you're kind of over the preseason a little bit.
Speaker 7: Week three because you see the starters I think the most in that game, So week three will be mine and PULLI I.
Speaker 4: Like week one because you see the backups that might make the team. I was watching the Niners, and I'm not a Niners fan, but there's this linebacker named Tatum Bethoon. I think he's a third year player. He was all over the place last night. He got a penalty for roughing, but then he had a sack and he was cracking people. I barely know anything about Tatum Bethune, but now I'm like, this guy's got to take over. If Drake Greenlaw gets hurt again or whatever, he may not even make The Rock Discovery is.
Speaker 2: A powerful, powerful tool. Right when you feel like you found something, Fritzy, I found something.
Speaker 5: There was another footy night on Marvin's on Marvin's team, the wide receiver. If I'm pronounce React DeJong scribbling d z h a U N seven catchers sixty three yards and the Niners loss value. Maybe it's a value pick late down the road in your fantasy draw.
Speaker 2: Oh now we got value biggs from Fritzy. I love the way you're thinking there. Yeah, I think something just cracked with us. We got three different answers to a poll. Could thirty three thirty three thirty three be more perfect than fifty to fifty dead?
Speaker 6: Wow? Mathematically I think that's harder, right, Yes, it.
Speaker 2: Is, because you need a thirty three point three three three repeating. Of course. I also saw a Pittsburgh rookie receiver, fourth round pick, Cayden Wedgen draw drops a defender, goes for seventy five yards. Kayden Wetchen was a guy who called my eye.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, let's say, from the viewers perspective, the third game is gonna be the most wild. You've got guys who've got nothing to lose, and they're gonna they're gonna cook at it. Number two is when the stars are playing a little bit, but they're not playing much. Game one is when you fall in love the first time. One thing I fell in love with was something I saw. NFL did a sostolid and posted an image of AJ Brown, our first look at AJ Brown in a Patriots uniform, and what I saw was a man who was jacked. But I mean the jersey on AJ Brown was sarane wrapped over his body, like like pershudo. Yeah you know, or I don't even know, you know, like in the grocery store sometimes apples have saran rap over and them they're super tight. It was tight. It was jack, it was siran rap. I saw AJ Brown. I was thinking, man, he's looking big. Big, not always good for your for your receiver see David Boston for many years back. But that's what I saw with AJ Brown. Plenty more coming. We got John blow Lsure reporter talked Jayden Daniels and our two Courtney CrowdIn on all things bears here on The Dan Patrick Show.