Speaker 1: Hey, whatever it takes.
Speaker 2: No, I didn't no, no, I didn't know about it until after I got back in the locker room. And uh, that's just the fiery spirit of the of the team. Everybody, of course wants to win. And uh, I don't put too much into that through your head. Yeah you know it. It was Uh, it was unfortunate the amount of mistakes, and mine included. Of course, everybody's out there trying their hardest to to play hard to win and uh make the player to win the game. But uh, you know, we had, we had multiple opportunities out there, you know, to to finish, finish the game on our on our end. Uh that fourth down, Baker makes the head of the play to keep the drive going. And my mindset through it all was, Hey, even with the penalties, you know, next play, next play mentality, you know, Uh, y'all talk to the group about winning on defense, and in that moment, we knew we had to hold them to a field goal, you know, and uh, obviously we want to get get them off the field, we want to take the ball away in that moment win the game. Uh, but to hold them a field goal, man, it speaks to you know, the resilience in the character of the group. Did I'll get you right after this? No, it's all right. Uh yeah, no, I mean this this was a character game all the way through, and we knew that they were gonna fight, they were gonna battle. You know, we watched that game on Monday night, them going into Kansas City, Uh after everybody said they didn't have a shot on offense, uh, losing their top two receivers, and they have a they have a heck of a offense. They have of a scheme, UH players to to run the scheme. And the same was true today. You know, I think the first half we we stood up and uh played played great defense. In the second half, we you know, we we uh were we came up short in some of those some of those areas, but to like I said, to hold 'em at the very end to a field goal to give our offensive chance to go down and win the game. Uh was about as as grimy as as gonna get I did not watch. I didn't I you know, I I'd I'd rather just listen to the the cheers. Is that, you know, I'm I'm always ready for regardless of what had happened in the game. I'm always ready for any any situation. So I wasn't. I wasn't sitting there praying like ah mode, I hope you make it like I was getting my mind right for if he if he did happen to miss, then playing over time, you guys, what do you guys.
Speaker 1: Happened to.
Speaker 2: Like y? I think it it comes down to just really just one or two plays. As silly as it sounds, you know, one or two plays is like man, really that's all it is. But that's truly what it is, you know, cause one or two plays can mean the difference in you know, a touchdown versus a field goal, versus a takeaway versus you know it. There's all these little things that go into it. And you know, I'm not going into the game hoping that man.
Speaker 1: I hope.
Speaker 2: I hope it's an easy game, you know, cause if you go with that mindset, then you're not gonna be ready for those moments that we were in today.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: I I came into it saying, if it comes down to the final play and the defense gotta stand up and win it, then I'm gonna be ready, you know. And that's that's the my that was my message to our defense, and that's gonna be the message going forward. You know, you you prepare like you're gonna dominate the team that you're playing, but you're prepared for whatever. You know what I'm saying. You prepare for that fight. And uh so when you are in that battle, then you're ready for it. You can one like, yeah, what about week one? You didn't like that one? You didn't It's a I know, I got you. I agree, I agree, I d I'm not concerned with it, I I My concern right now is to get better as a team. You have to find a way to win in this league, no matter what the situation you talk about this week, coming out of a bye week against a great team, going cross country all the time, changes, all this and that there's gonna be some rust there, whatever it is, whatever the case. Like, there's so many things that go into winning and losing football games. Yeah do I D do. I wish we blew 'em out by thirty, of course, but I'm at the end of the day, I wanna make sure that we're playing our best ball when when it's needed at the end of the season. Right, and we look at the tape this game and you much rather learn off of win than a loss, you know. And so we're gonna continue to get better and that's that's when we'll find those signature wins.
Speaker 1: For you this over and down season.
Speaker 2: And Christians, did this game feel a little bit like the team from last year in terms of Yeah? I mean, uh, there's a lot of talent all over the place, especially on the offensive side of the ball and defensively. It it's just it's about playing complimentary football at the end of the day.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: The thing I I wish we did better on defense was take the ball away. We didn't take We didn't have those takeaways like we're accustomed to, uh for helping the team win, win the game. And uh, I know when we do take the ball away, that's when those those signature wins, uh come come together. Yeah, I'm really proud of 'em. Uh. You know, he's he's just been keeping his head down, staying humble, working working his tail off every single day. And he he came up big today, you know, and in really big moments. So uh am I surprised. No, I know what he's made of. I know the talent that he has. Uh, it's just a matter of just continuing to keep his head down and keep working.
Speaker 1: Alright, alright, got