Speaker 1: Look at us. We're on top of it.
Speaker 2: We're in it, right, two weeks like nothing happened. Yeah right, it's you know, something will happen.
Speaker 1: Just wait. Oh I said that.
Speaker 2: With so much sarcasm because I'm already like wait, it feels like I've been gone forever. I just got back from Italy, which was an amazing trip.
Speaker 1: Yes, super fun. Yeah, so it was are you jet lagged still? Are you sleep? I don't even know what I'm I'm sort of back to where I was.
Speaker 2: It's kind of like, remember when we came back from Japan. Oh, yes, so going that direction, like heading east.
Speaker 1: Is worse. So remember when we got to.
Speaker 2: Japan, everyone was like, yeah, the jet leg's not that bad. I actually feel okay, And I was like, no, this is great. And then coming home everyone was like I don't think I'm a human being anymore. So I had that feeling when we got there. Okay, a bit of a wreck, yeah, a bit of a wreck. I didn't know like what I was like, I don't know if I want to eat or sleep or walk around or I don't know.
Speaker 3: So well, at least they have good espresso, so that could Oh my god, give you a perk.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you, I'm so sad that every six feet that I walk in Los Angeles there's not an espresso bar. And by espresso bar, you guys, I didn't see one chain coffee place.
Speaker 1: It was heaven truly.
Speaker 2: And it was like you just walk, you know, have a few halfway down the block and there would be there'd be another little coffee bar and you and you stand there. It's you can get a coffee to go, but but you just they give you a little a little cup and you stand at the bar and like dolls, espresso the little espresso cup.
Speaker 1: And it's perfect. And I was like, okay, I can do that.
Speaker 2: Like every ninety minutes or so, I just stopped to refuel with some caffeine amidst walking around so much incredible art and history. I was trying not to be a total dorky tourist, but I absolutely was.
Speaker 3: So it was great, Oh, what was your favorite city that you visited?
Speaker 1: Because you went to some We went to several. We went to Uh.
Speaker 2: We were out in like kind of the Tuscan countryside in we stayed in a little place called Montebinice and UH and Bussine. I think that's how you say it. Please forgive me Italians if I am murdering the names of these wonderful cities. Anyway, I yeah, it just uh, I just realized something I saw. I thought we were going right into things, and I was like, wait.
Speaker 1: Yes, well the movies just started chatting, so like, let's use it.
Speaker 2: The best part is is I was like, watch how great this is gonna go? And I forgot what we were doing in the moment we were doing it.
Speaker 3: Three and a half minutes ago. We were like, we're so on top of things. This is great, and I was like, no, something's gonna happen.
Speaker 2: That's amazing that while not being on top of things, I was like, we're so on top of things.
Speaker 1: That's that's a new level. That's a new level.
Speaker 2: Usually I at least know when things have gone off. The thround, I had no idea. I was like, wait a minute, you know that's okay. It's to answer your question, yes, I'm quite jet lagged. Yeah I don't. I don't think I well as I thought I had.
Speaker 4: So you need an espresso in a nap but we're power but I don't know in which order, you know, Like, I don't I don't even know.
Speaker 2: I don't know what I need. I was curled up like an armadillo yesterday. I was just like, I don't do well with transitions going from vacation back to real life. It's yeah, oh it's tough. Yeah, that's a hard reality check.
Speaker 5: It is.
Speaker 2: It is, uh and a decidedly less caffeinated one.
Speaker 1: So yeah, but how have you been? Maybe the last couple of weeks been still not doing the intros. I love it.
Speaker 2: I mean, at this point, it doesn't matter. At this point, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: We don't know what episode we're doing. We don't know what's going on. Like we're just gonna chat. We're just gonna tell us when to shut up, so or they won't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. I don't know what happens at this point.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Maybe now now we do intros, you fools? Okay, So nice, She's right, like we deserve to be like I don't yeah, I don't want Yeah, it's like you don't want to just you know, yell at people who don't really have their foot in reality because he hears them. So yeah, she's like to like calmly be like, hey, guys, let's just do the show.
Speaker 3: He's like, they're there, Grandma, Let's get you back to the home for your nap, right.
Speaker 1: Well, welcome back to How Rude Tannerritos. I'm Andrea Barber and I'm pretty sure I'm Jodie Sweeten to be determined.
Speaker 3: Yeah, welcome to an all new episode of How Rude Tantos. Today we're taking you behind the scenes once again, this time with someone who helped create those iconic looks we all know and love from full House from Perms in the eighties to Scrunchy's in the nineties, Frankie Bergman was responsible for many of the show's signature looks as the department head hairstylist. So please join us in welcoming the very talented makeup and hairstylist who worked her magic on our show.
Speaker 1: Frankie Bergmann. Hi, Hi, gorgeous. How are you?
Speaker 5: I I'm great and you goes doing great too, I hear it.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, we're having a blast.
Speaker 3: We're reliving our childhoods, going through every episode a full house like, yeah, we haven't thought about this stuff in thirty five years, so this is very very cool.
Speaker 5: Thay, I've never done a podcast before. Yeah, I'm useless with computers, so if anything happened, he was right here.
Speaker 2: Oh good goods too, because we also have technical difficulties that we can't figure out. So don't feel bad because you should have heard the first ten minutes of this show.
Speaker 5: We've been doing it quite a while now, haven't you new seasons?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, we're almost to the end of season three. Yeah, we got we got a lot more to go. But it's been a blast.
Speaker 1: It's been yes, so much fun. Oh, we're just making fun of our seje and.
Speaker 5: You too, have stayed friends all this.
Speaker 1: Time, everybody, all the last everybody.
Speaker 5: Every weekend, Jody would be going to Disneyland. That would be Jody.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, did a lot of Disney travels. We lived down there, so it was you know.
Speaker 1: I love I love Disney trails.
Speaker 5: You didn't ask where you're going with your friends, where you're going, No, it was Disneyland. That was your Jody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I definitely uh and I loved Disneyland, and you know, John also encouraged that greatly.
Speaker 3: So I was gonna say, we've had so much fun. Watched looking at our hairstyles from the eighties. From nineteen eighty seven, I guess we're in nineteen ninety now in season three. Yeah, but oh boy, the hairstyles iconic, So.
Speaker 1: We couldn't wait to get you on the show.
Speaker 3: Ask you all about, you know, the perms, the scrunchies, the mullets, like, oh, the mullets.
Speaker 1: There were so many mullets.
Speaker 5: And all the all the hair things to all the little things that we had in those shows. Yes, some of them are still around and coming back.
Speaker 1: Scrunchies are a thing again.
Speaker 2: I go to, you know, the mall with my kids and I'm like, oh, yeah, that those like silk things, you know, and they wear them around their wrist.
Speaker 1: I'm like, cant we we start that?
Speaker 5: You just said with your kids, Jody Joey.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, oh yeah, we all have kids. Yeah I have.
Speaker 3: I have an adult child. I have a twenty year old and a seventeen year old.
Speaker 5: So yeah, we go.
Speaker 3: We're dating ourselves, right, No, world, just getting better of age.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, mine are sixteen and fourteen, so yeah, wow.
Speaker 5: My kids of fifty four fifty two.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, Frankie, have you seen Full House since it aired originally?
Speaker 1: Have you gone back to watch this?
Speaker 3: Okay of the episodes, Yes, Okay, he doesn't bring back a lot of memories.
Speaker 5: To watch it now. But I bump into people and they when they say, what have you done? You know, I did so much and so many features and things things like that. But I have to say, the one thing that I always comment and enjoyed. I think one of the best was Full House to do. It was there were a lot of memories and a lot of fun things, particularly when we all went to Orlando, you know, or Land, Yeah, Disney and you know everybody got lost in things.
Speaker 2: You know, it was ohne, Yeah, when I got lost in Vegas.
Speaker 1: There is there is that time. Remember when I got lasted at the air I got in Vegas? Yeah, as a child. I mean.
Speaker 5: You were really young, both of you. Yeah, But I have to say I'm not saying in front of everybody, you too always came in happy. I don't remember, you know. I was trying to think back of incidents I could bring up or say about you too. You Andrew always came in, was there a smile, And I don't remember ever you coming in and being miserable or I'm happy or having a problem. You were always a happy person.
Speaker 1: I was, And I don't remember ever being.
Speaker 5: You came in and you just did you think we were laughing and happy too?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean I think we were everybody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we were also really enjoying ourselves as kids and everyone all of the adults around us, you know, cast and crew, you know our hair makeup order.
Speaker 1: Everybody likes all loved.
Speaker 2: Being around us and took care of us, and it was Yeah, it definitely was a family.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it definitely was. But it's funny because a lot of the hairdoos that were work that we did when when back then are sort of coming back into fashion and even have rolled into fashion different things again.
Speaker 2: Right, I cannot hear anyone say half and half without thinking of a half half down. Yeah yeah, not the creamer, but half and half, like like that was sort of the cost, Like there's just just do a half and a half where you pulled half of your hair up in a scrunchyet and well.
Speaker 5: I always got I always got told off by camera if I had any hair around your faces, right right, No, it was like I'm shadowing you and your faces. So the half and half worked a lot for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean Candace's bangs. We watched the last episode that we watched that we're gonna review later on today. I was like, the bangs have grown. They were definitely like they were getting They were less teased than the eighties moment, but they were like.
Speaker 1: Uh, it was more bang. I feel like it was more bang for your Bucky. Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 5: It's not more set looking than they do now.
Speaker 2: Right right, it looked like we were wearing wigs then, in fact we are now, but there's more than our hair did then.
Speaker 1: Yeah, weirdly enough, Yeah, but.
Speaker 5: You know why I love We had to get it in a certain look because sometimes you had to go back to a scene right to match right, So you had to don't have a set thing.
Speaker 2: You couldn't have all those polaroid continuity pictures, those pictures yeaheah, yeah, you.
Speaker 3: Would have to take a picture of us at every angle, to the back of the hair, of the front side.
Speaker 2: So you can imagine in the days before iPhone photos, this is we there were physical polaroids and you had big rings of them for every episode and the rings for the rings.
Speaker 5: That's right, that's right. Yeah, I have something to show you.
Speaker 1: Oh, oh that I have kept. Oh it's a script.
Speaker 2: It's one of our scripts script the last script A full house.
Speaker 5: Oh, and Andrea, you have said lovely things about me. Jody, you've said wonderful things about me. I mean one always does when you're writing to somebody, regardless what you think you know. But now I had it at my desk. I've had it all this and let me tell you, it's the only script that I ever kept from anything. So that sort of tells you something about how it was on the show with everybody.
Speaker 1: You're so meaningful. Yeah, it was a meaningful experience for all of us.
Speaker 5: If you want to hear something else very strange today, please if you remember my daughter Stacy, Yeah, yeah, yeah, she came and she helped out something. Yeah, she's doing stay Moss today.
Speaker 1: What no way?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, incredible something that she's working on today. And she sent me the cruelest And there was John to day and I said, wow, now is that weird?
Speaker 3: That is so uncanny? Yeah, did you give your tips on how to cough that?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 1: That iconic?
Speaker 5: I mean.
Speaker 1: He's a little particular.
Speaker 5: He was. I don't know if he is now more so.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it just gets it gets everybody, haven't you.
Speaker 2: Yes, Oh my gosh, we yeah, we never stopped hanging out, like even just all growing up and throughout each other's lives. It's we've been just really really close.
Speaker 5: Unusual, that is, Yeah, that's.
Speaker 1: What we're hearing. It's unusual for us.
Speaker 3: It's like, of course, of course we stayed in touch, it's natural, but we're hearing its not like that on every on every show, so we feel very fortunate.
Speaker 5: For sure. It is Frankie.
Speaker 3: We have loved interviewing people from behind the scenes on the show because we get to hear about all of the things we never knew, like your origin story, like how did you start uh going into hairstyling and into the entertainment business, Like what was what prompted you to want to do that?
Speaker 5: Well, if you want to know when I you know, I grew up in London and I went to stage school in London, and I was on the same side of it as you, doing films, television and acting and singing and dancing.
Speaker 1: Ah.
Speaker 5: And as I got older, my mother decided that she wanted me to have another career to fall that you could always fall back on, and she was a studio hairstylist, so I learned that and then gradually I changed over to it, you know. And then when I moved to America, America, I was doing stage shows and things and television and just it was just natural thing for me to get into. And I think what helped me was because I was like a child actress and I'd done so much. I knew your feelings. I knew how you would be on that side of it because I lived. I lived it, yeah a little girl.
Speaker 3: That's that's really important, so that you know, yeah, especially as teenagers. Once we became teenagers on the show and felt so self conscious, you know, about everything in life, everything that was going on, the changes in us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know that's somebody.
Speaker 5: Because when I was young, I used to work for a company called Marks and Spencers.
Speaker 1: Yeah and Spencers.
Speaker 5: They used to do knitting things then, you know, so and I used to do their patterns and because I was growing, they used to put bandages around me around my chest. Oh right, so you know, because so you know, I know all these conscious things that you start to feel as a teenager growing up.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So when you're growing up in like in front of people and having to sort of weirdly be this.
Speaker 5: It's not that it's not. It's not that easy, and it went out. You can't sometimes pay yourself to enjoy because you you know, certain people are recognizing you, particularly when I think television more so when you're on a series television, people know you all the time.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, we grew up in their living rooms basically, you know, eight years of our childhood. And yeah, it's like we grew up with everywhere. That's what people say to us. We feel like we grew up with you. We grew up with the Tanners. It was like a surrogate family.
Speaker 5: It's a very just fly to do features. Actually we were here and I worked a lot with Jaminie Curtis Oh okay stuff and I did. In fact, I'm known as the horror Queen of hair. So it's my time of year because I don't Yes, this is my Monthea.
Speaker 1: I am with you on that.
Speaker 5: But I didn't really want to do TV. But when I did do the odd thing and then I came onto a full house, it was like, wow, this is I get some life when I do a TV show. So yeah, yeah. The sitcom was originally were shooting over my side of the town and then it moved, which is like ten minutes from my house. And then you moved to the valley. You know, it's at the time they were younger, not that young, but they were living at home still, you know, so, but when it went moved to the valley. But it was fine. I mean I loved it. I looked forward to going to work always. Always.
Speaker 3: It was a special set, you know, it was really there was something magical about that set and those those people, and yeah, this has just been a blast to get to reconnect with everybody.
Speaker 2: What was it like had you worked on like show movies and stuff with a lot of kids before. I mean our set was quite kid and family heavy as compared to a lot of TV shows at the time, and the kids were really the.
Speaker 5: Sign fails anything. But you know, older got it well. I mean there has been a child on it, right, but nothing like Full House. I mean I don't think you bot many shows that had all children on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think full House was a pioneer in that sense.
Speaker 5: What was you need? Yeah, and everybody you bumped into their children just loved Full House. That was the only one that they, you know, really clamored to because they could associate with it.
Speaker 3: I think a lot of shows, the kids were just like furniture in the background. Like, the storylines weren't about the kids. They were just sort of there. But Full House really zoned in. It figured out early on that hey, this is a family show. It's not just about the adults, right. Kids really really drove the storylines for all eight seasons, and that's what made it different.
Speaker 5: It's true.
Speaker 3: Yeah, who was easier to work with the adults on the show or the kids on the show.
Speaker 1: Oh, she has to think about it.
Speaker 5: It was pretty I mean for me, yeah, I found it all pretty easy.
Speaker 2: Okay, the ads probably had a very different prima donnas.
Speaker 5: None of you were prima donnas. Was It just became so natural, didn't it. I mean it was natural. You just wanted in the makeup room, you wanted out you you know, it was just.
Speaker 1: Yes, it was.
Speaker 2: There was nobody on the set that like you were ever. Nobody was worried about approaching or like oh okay, you know, there was never that vibe of anybody.
Speaker 5: And I have to say, oh, you girls were great because, like a lot of children, you do that hair and then all of a sudden they go all right, right, oh this is horrible, and they go out and trying they get to the set, the hair looks My god, did I do that? You know?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: We were when we did Fuller.
Speaker 2: We worked with the kids and saw it and we were like, oh, yes, you actually can't rub your head on the sofa like that.
Speaker 3: It would.
Speaker 5: We were all so easy. I don't remember either of you saying, oh I hate this, Can you change it? Can you do something else? You sort of left it to me to do what was what was.
Speaker 1: To the day.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, I will say though, I do remember like there were times maybe with wardrobe, probably as I got a little older, and maybe I'm sure you can attest to this to where it was like maybe something that I did I was like not loving it or whatever. But I never, like I really learned how to be able to say to adults at that point in my life, I don't know that I love this, or like maybe let's try this, because everyone around us was like, oh.
Speaker 1: Great, like nobody ever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, but nobody ever didn't listen to us because we were kids, and that really helped, Like growing up, I learned how to be able to say, like, you know what, actually like maybe this or the like I just can't explain as a kid what it feels like to have people really listen to you and not feel like, you know, they're telling you what to do.
Speaker 1: And I never felt like that with any of the adults.
Speaker 5: I don't remember you, Jody ever sitting in my chair and saying I don't like what I'm wearing and I don't like how my hand looks. Yeah, no, I don't think that ever. In all the years came up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was always like if the and I knew like it would start in Wardrop, if there was ever even just the little hint of like.
Speaker 1: Roberta and Gina would be like.
Speaker 2: Not next they learned to like read us, you know, and and what they knew, they knew our tastes, and they knew well maybe not in a in Abi's case.
Speaker 1: I mean, there was a whole different stratosphere.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, Kimmy's Kimmy's wardrobe was definitely not your taste.
Speaker 1: No, but I think they tried to.
Speaker 5: You know, that was the character though.
Speaker 1: It was right. Oh yes, but you had it well.
Speaker 5: You handled it well. I say, you always came in happy. I mean your clothes were pretty happy.
Speaker 3: Very colorful, that's for sure. Yeah, No, I don't remember ever having issues with my hair. I mean, Jody and I've made fun of my Season two hair, which was a little it was a little that.
Speaker 1: Was before Frankie came in. That was whatever.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, yeah, there was, there was. I didn't do the very very beginning. Okay, the very beginning, I wasn't there. I was still on something.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 5: Remember Bobby Ostroman. Yes, so Bobby phoned me and pulled me in and that was how I came on it.
Speaker 2: But Bob Osterman was our head of he was ahead of our makeup department, right, yeah, and he worked on the show.
Speaker 5: And yes, it was very easy going. Yeah, it was great, just recently actually really he was always a very quiet guy, you know, yes guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, really mellow, you know, very yeah, yeah, just easy and yeah, no I do remember that.
Speaker 2: But yeah, the first two seasons, we definitely are the first like season and a half or so, we noticed. It was also it was the mid eighties were it was time much hairspray and holes in the ozone layer.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I never was quiet for that, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a lot.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but no, no, I can't take claim for the very.
Speaker 2: First do do you happen to remember any personal incidents with a rat tail?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 5: What you know those you know.
Speaker 2: Those the things that those that guys would have, like the long rat tail, like the bra braid in like the in the eighties, or if you blocked that out too. It's pretty horrific.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 5: It's just like I don't remember anybody that had it.
Speaker 1: There was a ripper.
Speaker 3: There was one of the Jesse and the Rippers had a rat tail and we were we just couldn't.
Speaker 1: I can't talk about it. I can't stop talking about it. It was we. I named him rat Tail Ripper as.
Speaker 3: We've been doing the season one though, So that's why you weren't there.
Speaker 1: You weren't there season one.
Speaker 2: But but but I believe there's a clash action lawsuit happening for Rattail Ripper.
Speaker 5: Now remember some of the guests coming in that were very interesting.
Speaker 1: Who do you like who? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Not little Richard? Who was it?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: Little Richard was there?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 5: Yes, it was a little ritual. Yes, and he insisted on having his hair painted with his certain stuff and filming it was he needed more attention than anybody that week.
Speaker 1: But yeah, yes, yes he did.
Speaker 5: Who else did we did we did you have?
Speaker 3: I remember Scott, Yeah, we had a longer Remember came in Frankie Valley and that food and cello.
Speaker 5: They since worked with them, actually with a Back to the Beach movie. Yeah, yeah, that was fun. But but but no, sometimes you did the character things. I remember one year though, we were all there and it's appropriate for now, because it was Halloween and all your cared just wanted to get out and go to Halloween, right, and somehow we weren't getting out. It was getting so late and I think it was like seven something. Yeah, already it was seven something before you guys, before we were all released to go. That was that was closer to the end of it than the beginning.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, that's prime tricker treating time.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that was the only time I saw everybody a little bit down, you know, because we all thought they all thought, oh thanks son, We all thought that it was going to be I'm losing my boy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: There were definitely those things, like working with a lot of kids that you you know, that you you sort of take for granted, like Halloween or things like that. You're like, oh what I but you know, You've got a set full of kids who are like, but I'm but I'm I'm going trigger treating right Like I'm not. I'm still I'm still doing that, and everyone's like oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, oh okay, you know, and if it falls on a Thursday or a tape day, it's like, yeah, you know, the.
Speaker 5: Only time everybody was I was miserable. I don't want to be there either. That was the only time, right.
Speaker 1: Well, and it's heart too.
Speaker 5: You really had favorite Do you remember a favorite look that I did on you?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I was just going to ask you that same question, So favorite look?
Speaker 5: What was your favorite look?
Speaker 3: I'm trying to remember. Okay, So we are in season three. So my hair is kind of curly. There's a lot of scrunchies, a lot of ponytails, and then it went straight. In the later seasons it got really long. And really I was so excited to have straight hair because I got it straightened to that like caroteene treatment.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: So I was very excited to find because my hair is naturally wavy, it doesn't it's not naturally straight, and so I was very excited to finally get it straightened professionally.
Speaker 5: As you're watching the show, there's something. I mean, I know you were little then, but do you is there anything you would say, I like my hair looking that style that was a good look for me. Is there anything you can think of that you like personally? I mean, I know things I liked as I did them, obviously, but for you girls, what did you like?
Speaker 2: I think I also liked when my hair was straighter, just because my hair is naturally straight, so to get it curly involved you know, sponge rollers the first couple seasons, and then the little hot worm roller things that just slowly ripped out your baby hairs when you took those out of your head after seven hours.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it was a lot of.
Speaker 2: Like maintenance, and then the perming which turned my hair to straw.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it just my poor hair to stay that like Stephanie curly.
Speaker 5: And also fashion change. Yeah yeah, it was much more like the mind and easier.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, but I remember you they.
Speaker 5: And those little bhoteros, the big one.
Speaker 1: The little sponge rollers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my mom my mom and a sponge roller in a jar of dippity do hair gel every night, just in those little papers. I can still hear those like little hair rolling papers. They're almost like cigarette rolling papers. I can hear those and it's like a yeah, but yeah, I uh it's it was a lot to get my hair there, so I think, yeah, the straight ones.
Speaker 1: But did you do did you do the episode where?
Speaker 2: And I think you did because I think it's coming up in like season four ish the dream sequence episode where I had the big blue like feathered dress the Sheese dancing, you know, and everyone was in the tuxedos and that I loved that hair tee.
Speaker 1: That was Yeah, that look I loved. That was the only look when I had to take it off.
Speaker 5: It was like a relaxed look, like a well, no, I think I there was.
Speaker 2: We had it like up in. It was a very like kind of forties like thing.
Speaker 1: Oh I loved it. I loved it.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Probably the time, I hated it because it required a lot of hair spray. But like now looking back on him, like that looked great.
Speaker 3: I remember having to wear that wig. There was an episode where DJ and maybe Stephanie was giving Kimmy a makeover and so and Kimmy ends up having like that red, scraggly hair. It's almost like Ronald McDonald's hair and.
Speaker 1: Kimmy so excited about it. She's like, oh, I finally am one step ahead of Madonna.
Speaker 3: So yeah, and I got a rash from like it was such heavy dye or whatever whatever, synthetic Briteria.
Speaker 5: It was the canvas part of it because it was a wig, you know, and it was meant to be right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well I did look wiggsis.
Speaker 5: A lot of things to Andrew.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's been a running theme of the show. Is us going, did we we really did that to you? I'm so sorry.
Speaker 3: Geez.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's good. Yeah, and and it just going uh huh, yeah, no you did. I was aware of it. Yeah, I was. Thanks for that.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, if there's any if there's any blame, it's all on the writers for writing that material. You know.
Speaker 1: They so damn funny.
Speaker 2: If you weren't funny, that's the sometime if you when you don't suck, they keep writing it.
Speaker 1: And you were very very funny. Oh, thank you.
Speaker 5: I remember some of the location things too. I don't know which episode it was. We were at the ice drink.
Speaker 1: Oh we didn ice rink?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we uh.
Speaker 1: I think it was a hockey episode, wasn't it.
Speaker 5: I don't remember. I just remember the well, for me, I just remember the ice rink. Yeah, it goes were on the ice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, there was.
Speaker 2: There was a hockey episode somebody We went to that ice rink. We were shot at Pickwick and there's uh yeah, we shot at the ice rink over there, and I all ice.
Speaker 1: Rinks smell the same. I can smell it right now.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I remember us all being there and it was I forget who was I think it was Dave probably do it like Joey was playing hockey or something.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he was the hockey the hockey guy. Yeah, that's right, that's right.
Speaker 1: Did you go to Hawaii? Were you in the Hawaii episode that? Oh you did go? Okay?
Speaker 5: So yeah, Actually what happened with Hawaii? I was led to be there for the pre meeting and I looked at my ticket role and by the time when they got to the airport, my flight was just going.
Speaker 3: Oh no, oh no, So you missed the pre meeting.
Speaker 5: I missed the free meeting and got there late. First time in my life that's ever happened, actually, but it was, you know, one of those things. But but yeah, yeah, it was the Turtle Bay. We were at Turtle Bay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was I mean, I wasn't in the episode, but I was there at the hotel pool and I was I'm just hearing the behind the heat, behind the scenes stories of what a shoot that was.
Speaker 1: Like the kids fall asleep on the.
Speaker 3: Boat, right, and you know, just all of it, all of the craziness that was happening.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's what happens when you take a sitcom out of the stage.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yes, we don't know what to do.
Speaker 5: For It's much harder because you don't have everything.
Speaker 3: With you, oh for sure, right, yeah, and everybody's thrown off a little bit.
Speaker 5: Tay was nice. There was a lot of water scenings there too, so everything air wise needed to to to stay simple.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, My was just like I had the two little pigtail things, but I think those were fake because my hair would not hold curl in the humidity, so those little ponytails were like little fake My first hair.
Speaker 5: Onto one of those little womie ones, yeah, yeah, and then added added it on.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Those kind of things you have to do on occasion because you never know.
Speaker 2: What I have to do them now because I have three hairs on my head, So it was just a preview of things to come, sticking fake hair on my head, you know. But how how have you seen the business change? Like throughout the years that you've been on it? What did you what happened for you? Like kind of post full house and like what has the shift in the industry been for you?
Speaker 5: Well? All I can say for me, I had a wonderful career. I was able. I was very fortunate to be too pick and choose what shows I did and what people I worked with, and was able to work whenever I wanted to, and that was great. But I know the industry because of my daughter now, because it has totally changed as far as hair and makeup, and you know, with the different strikes and different things that have been happening. It's sort of a different world now Hollywood isn't quite Hollywood, and so it's changed. But as I say, while I was in it for well how many years was I in it? Thirty years? Had to be it seemed pretty much the same for me all the way through. Whatever I did, I would switch from a TV thing to a commercial to a movie. And has dogs changed though, for sure, even equipment equipment changed. I mean, now what you use to do your hair? I mean at home. I bet you do a great job now yourself, don't you with a different equipment.
Speaker 2: I mean trying to operate hair equipment if my life depended on it. So I'm just hoping that whatever future revolution doesn't depend on the use of a curling iron.
Speaker 1: That's what I can't do.
Speaker 3: Child actors, we don't know how to dress ourselves. We don't know how to do our hair.
Speaker 2: Well, that's true, there was always someone to do. We're just I like to say, great job security for making sure that hair and makeup departments are there, because I it's I'm never going.
Speaker 1: To go I can do this myself. Came, are ready, I'm there.
Speaker 2: No, No, Ana, Maria and Terry like that do my hair makeup. They keep me I mean, as evidenced by the gigantic horn that I'm doing today's podcast with.
Speaker 1: They don't let me go out looking a mess. That's something I can do all on my own.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, now you see. I would have thought you'd have got so stylish, both of you from it.
Speaker 1: I mean, maybe it's us.
Speaker 2: Want to know exactly, Oh, I know who had a call to make me look like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's yeah.
Speaker 2: No, I have my an amazing we have an amazing stylist. And I got phone calls I'll tell you that, but they're not me.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I'm retired.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm you're retired now, you're how old?
Speaker 5: Ag three?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: I am?
Speaker 1: Wow? Wow? Well give us all your secret ball please.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I'm lucky. I'm lucky. It's jeans, you know, I'm lucky. Yes, So I'm well retired from the industry now, or I try to be, except you know, my daughter keep calling me into different things. And the funniest thing is, well, yesterday I go to a phone call. I'm working on something that's period nineteen sixty and I'm going nineteen sixty period. Well, I was alive and kicking and running around then doing hair.
Speaker 1: You know that's not a period business. That's my early career. I don't dare you. I was like going period, But do you need to do research? Research? Twenty years old?
Speaker 5: And it's easy for me to say, you know, I mean, I I mean talking to you girls, I could go back and do it any day. I mean I loved it. I loved it, and I love creating different things too normal. Like if somebody is a character, I love creating a character. Look for them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, you know I find in talking to my friends and that are hair makeup artists that are either mine or or just in the business in general. I love hearing from them about the excitement of creating their art because I think so often people view, you know that aren't in the business, view all of the other stuff as just making like the actor look good, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Like, and when you're in.
Speaker 2: This business, what you realize is each department is so enjoying creating the thing that they're responsible for, whether it's the words or the lights, or the set, or the hair or the wardrobe or whatever. And I just I love hearing that from like generations of artists in every department that like, I love creating, I love a character, I love a challenge, I love a wig, or I love you know whatever it is, like, Oh, let me create some thing, and we all have that in us.
Speaker 5: That was the only thing with full House, really, I mean, I couldn't get that creative for your kids or even with you know, John or Bubble. It was a pretty normal everyday look, right, you all had.
Speaker 2: You should have done Fuller because there was nothing normal or every It was Maria who was the Oh my we were every week was some new ridiculous costume, a wig, a stunt something. Oh yeah, yeah, Maria was She like loved it. Our team was always like, oh now what I mean? We had special effects, make up coming, all kinds of stuff, giant uh like Marie antoinette wigs.
Speaker 1: We were in a band.
Speaker 5: I mean that I love doing.
Speaker 1: It was so much fun. And I will say in.
Speaker 2: That way and we we've talked about it. It was very different than full House because we did kind of play unless it was a dream sequence or something a little more normal. For we were like, let's just lean into the ridiculousness of it. But it made for some fun hair and makeup.
Speaker 5: Wow, I have to watch some of those. Are they coming on?
Speaker 2: Are they they are on Netflix? They're on Fuller House. It was on Netflix. We from what what year did we start? Twenty fifteen, twenty sixteen?
Speaker 3: Twenty well aired in twenty sixteen, but yeah, we started recording twenty fifteen to twenty nineteen. We we wrapped right before COVID, Yeah, just a few months before before COVID.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, I was already retired and then another planet.
Speaker 1: By then, I also was on another planet but was still working.
Speaker 5: I have to watch that because yeah, I wish I'd just still been working.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh my god, you should for the hair and makeup alone, truly, it's There are some really fun episodes of Fuller House that we and the wardrobe too. We had some They let us really kind of go crazy with some of the wild stunts and wardrobe and costume things that we got to do in here and makeup.
Speaker 5: So yes, it should be very that should be fun for people to watch.
Speaker 2: Actually, oh, people loved it and we actually, I think at first we were like what are we doing? And then we were like, oh, this is great, like it just we were so silly with it, Andrey and I and matching outfits at one point.
Speaker 1: I mean, it was yeah, just very so funny stuff.
Speaker 3: Today we're reviewing the full House episode where there's a dream sequence or maybe a nightmare where the guys are all old. Everybody's aged up, so the adults are now like in their eighties and the girls are in their twenties or thirties.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it's so fun.
Speaker 5: Watching the gay and yes, John.
Speaker 1: Had a bald cap. You had a bald cap. That was how long does that take to do?
Speaker 3: To do? You know?
Speaker 5: Bob did the boldcast? We did okay, yeah, yeah, but I just put all the gray and stuff in the guy's hair and that that's right.
Speaker 1: Wow, Yeah, that's yeah.
Speaker 2: And that's the episode we just watched. So that should be a fun little trip down memory lane.
Speaker 5: You get to watch them before me, so you could revise on all that. You have to remind me of these things.
Speaker 1: Oh when we watch these episodes.
Speaker 2: I mean, the whole reason we started doing our podcast was because we were like, you know what, you know, we never watched Full House.
Speaker 1: We didn't watch it.
Speaker 2: So it's been really fun going back because some of so much of the stuff is enough that we don't even remember.
Speaker 1: So's yeah, Frankie, we have so enjoyed having you on the show. Thank you so much for joining us today.
Speaker 2: Like it was such a pleasure and so wonderful to see your face and you look just the same, I mean, truly, you just you you just look amazing and.
Speaker 5: Wonderful just see both of you and to see you growing up and how you've grown and that you're both beautiful, wonderful girls, and you're doing well. And the memories of the show almost brings me to tears because it was a lot of happiness and as I said, one of the best things that I ever worked on, and all you girls were wonderful. In fact, I have to say, everybody on the show was a delight.
Speaker 1: Thank you. It's a special time.
Speaker 5: Yes, very rare in the future, and thank you for inviting me.
Speaker 1: Yes you were coming on the pod. Yeah it was great. Yes, thank you absolutely to see you. Great love to your family. Thank you so much.
Speaker 5: Bye bye.
Speaker 3: Oh she's just the same, looks exactly the same, right, I have major hair envy.
Speaker 1: Here's the same.
Speaker 3: You know what I grew on.
Speaker 2: So is that her and Anna Maria are. I don't know why it fall into the same. They're like both petite, dark hair. Yeah, they're like tiny, tiny yeah, yeah, little people, but like yeah, yeah, I don't know why. I was just like, oh, yeah, there's something familiar about that.
Speaker 1: I think. I don't know.
Speaker 2: That was maybe why, like I connected with Anna Maria so much too. It was like it felt like yeah, yeah, I remember sitting in like someone's chair like this.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but frank Oh my gosh, what so what? How special to have her on the show? I see her. I haven't seen her probably since the nineties.
Speaker 2: I haven't either, And can we just say that Stacy is doing John's hair today?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: Right? What are the odds of that? What is John doing today? I'm going to text him, text him like, what are you doing? And are you Stacy Bergman?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we just talked to Frankie. We just talked to Frankie. We know what you're doing. Let's not make this weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everywhere you look, right, But yeah, it's so crazy. I mean, like generations of hair, generations of actors. It is such a small, strange, little world that we work in. Yeah, it's a very it's a very small world. But I love that that Frankie has passed.
Speaker 3: The torch to her daughter and that Stacy still calls her for advice about sixties hairdoos.
Speaker 1: Right. Oh, I love it. I love it. It's so wonderful.
Speaker 2: Well, this was such a great episode, another really fun walk down memory lane for us. I just love doing these episodes and getting to to visit people that we haven't seen in such a long time. And we hope that you are enjoying the episode. Two are wonderful fan of Rito's. Make sure that you are following us on Instagram at how Rude Podcast. You can all so send us an email at Howard podcast at gmail dot com.
Speaker 5: You know the deal.
Speaker 2: Make sure you're liking subscribing to the podcast on whatever platform you're listening to it where it's kind of available everywhere, but make sure you're liking and subscribing.
Speaker 1: That way, you can get the news episodes as soon as they come out.
Speaker 2: And if you're following us on Instagram, you can see fun behind the scenes pictures and announcements and all kinds of stuff. I'm gonna I know, I've got tons of pictures of us with Frankie from Orlando and Hi Hawaii and just backstages, so I'm gonna have to find those and post those on the Instagram too, Yes I will. But thank you guys so much again for joining us for another fabulous episode of how rud Tandardo Is.
Speaker 1: We will see you next time. And remember the world is small, but the.
Speaker 5: Hair is big.
Speaker 1: Yep, always always yeah until like later in the nineties. Yeah, big hair, don't care
Speaker 2: A