Speaker 1: The following is the production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is the Players Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts Barry Church, Danny McCrae, Heckma Harrison and new he Scruggs.
Speaker 3: Yo Friday.
Speaker 4: Hello everybody, it is the Player's Lounge brought do you buy TOAs Theito Danny mcraig, Houston's finest doing the LSU this weekend.
Speaker 2: Right, I'm right after this, I might let who knows you not? My flight leaving for thirty four thirty man, okay, cutting it close. You got the Global you got the Global Express allday, Right, it's just Ben RG. I got TSA for shure, we got a backlass.
Speaker 3: He just won right.
Speaker 2: Hey, I've been to the airport by three thirty's you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I'll be walking right through there. I'll be right back on I go there. Let I drive, I make that drive. Yeah yeah no not just my wife is not she's not a road trip. I don't mind. She's not a road trip. I don't blame you.
Speaker 4: After a while, the right back they get you the right back was fine. But on the way there, man driving having to nod here all right, heck, Harrison is.
Speaker 3: Here with some baby. What's all right?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: BC? What's happening? Man?
Speaker 2: She came in with just just Nike on the day, just like you, Just.
Speaker 3: Do it, just do it, just do it.
Speaker 4: Okay, she got your parking past.
Speaker 5: They tried to put me at Walmart, you know what I mean. So I had to make sure I get that.
Speaker 2: Media because you know, you don't fool with Walmart not doing them games Target got.
Speaker 3: If it was Target, you don't know a great you don't know a great value the TV about the store.
Speaker 5: You got all them drunk folks walking around there in Walmart parking lot and then they door slamming the man messing my cars.
Speaker 3: You said, what is heb? I don't know. Come to the lot and find out. I nearly they're gonna get me for one time. I say that right now. I merely knew his stretch. There you go, Lot three will take care of you.
Speaker 2: You've been rapping all week, man, TCU yesterday you got the World Series on today?
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, I say you know.
Speaker 4: This old school, It's okay, man, This twenty ten, twenty ten, my man hockey Hockey Price hooked me up. Hoy, Yes, yes, yeah, son, Bron Washington. You know back in the day, ain't that dope man? Ron Washington got him another shot.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 4: I called him on the way over here and I talked to him, man, and uh, you talked and we all understand the work. Good brother man, that guys Washington.
Speaker 2: I don't okayver Manhoul.
Speaker 3: I know who to But I know what I know now is he's a good brother. Brother man.
Speaker 2: He has something to do with baseball. Bro Let me tell y'all one more time. I don't know just anything. It's about baseball.
Speaker 3: I said.
Speaker 2: It should not be a surprise as a baseball player anyway. The coach that's managed the name and I don't know it.
Speaker 3: He's a black. Yeah, I don't okay, he's a black Obama Obama managed.
Speaker 2: They gonna keep asking, you know, I don't know anything about nobody got a baseball.
Speaker 4: In the ninety nine cent version of it, Ron Washington was the manager of the Texas Rangers, the winningest manager of all time. He took the team to their first World Series in twenty ten, and then in twenty eleven and he has not had a job since he left here. He finally got a job managing the Los Angeles Angels. So it's kind of a thing where he's he's we see how and sports at times, when you are black head coach or black manager, a second opportunity never comes.
Speaker 3: His opportunity came, and so that was kind of the thing.
Speaker 6: Se So he took a team to the World Series and eleven.
Speaker 3: Yep, one strike away from winning in twenty eleven. Two times.
Speaker 4: Yes, he got fired after taking a scene into the world No no, no, no, no no. It was a couple of years later, a couple of years later, but bottom and then he went down to the Atlanta Braids and he was the third base coach there and really just his his ability to connect with people. Think of how you guys like Rich Bisatia, think of a dude like Basata who bring everybody in the room can connect to He can sit up here and tell you, you know what, that punt return there, you didn't get this job, and then you could say, you know what.
Speaker 3: You're right that that that kind of a person two baseball managers, Now.
Speaker 7: Yeah, heck, my man, heck.
Speaker 3: Did make you feel real old. That don't make me feel old.
Speaker 2: If you see, if you see watching baseball, you see a black manager's probably.
Speaker 3: He's like, you might be right. Somebody else.
Speaker 2: Two of them, Hey, we'll talk before we get to hey, bro see, and this is what happened. Like when you're at the crap table wherever you at roll and somebody on the rod, and then you decide you want to hop in right, Usually they crap out right after that. Follow turch Okay, Carolina, because I feel Carolina, What did I say.
Speaker 3: The juju.
Speaker 8: U?
Speaker 2: I didn't feel bad about it because I was watching that game last night and I watched it from one to four. It's an awful game, by the way, it was a terrible game. But then it dawned on me right around the fourth quarter. I was like, why in the hell did I ever think Carolina Fanthers? How did I think that?
Speaker 3: How did I think that?
Speaker 2: You know, if it's a line, that offensive line is bad, and they're giving Bryce Young all of this bad rep you know, all this bad pub the media is throwing on Bryce Young. Come on, man, that dude is who he is already, but that offensive line is is garbage.
Speaker 3: And then their draft picks. I see, so.
Speaker 2: Is Chicago has a better chance of getting the number one draft pick? No, because they get Carolina's.
Speaker 3: I blew that. Last night they won another game by by whinning.
Speaker 2: They got Carolina Carolina's first, so they beat Carolina and then also will get they picked, which will more more than likely get them the first pick. Yes, but you three all yeah, like yourself. I didn't even think about it. Man, you want to I've been food two times last week.
Speaker 3: I got food.
Speaker 2: Hechma foo me in the picking the Yes, I don't do that this week. I let this man start my week off by picking the Carolina Panthers.
Speaker 3: I should be my own man. I should be the old man from North Carolina. I know enough. I know enough and got too many friends.
Speaker 4: And you know, he looked little man like brid Ye because can he see over like there's sometimes I'm like, I don't know if he can really see over this line.
Speaker 3: Listen, Kyler.
Speaker 2: Murray has been productive enough though for you know, for a smaller guy, so it can be done. They got them wheels though I don't know he's got the wheels like that.
Speaker 3: The moved the pocket like heck myself. But the other portion of it is.
Speaker 4: He had so much great talent around him in Alabama, and so you start to look at mac Jones and what he's doing right now, and then you howse too have been house too, had been successful. They put some talent around him at Miami. You saw, I ain't no talent around this kid, so he's already shore up. And then you got no talent, you run your life. Your head coach is trash. I mean, think about this, the owner of the Panther, this is a billionaire hedge fun guy.
Speaker 3: Okay, hetch fun people.
Speaker 4: They understand numbers, they do deep research, and the things his deep research said, let me hire a guy who was fired midseason in Indianapolis, who got replaced by a dude who's in a TV booth, whose most experienced coaching football is high school.
Speaker 3: And he went out and beat Josh mcdanney's in the Raiders analytics to do it to you.
Speaker 4: And you said, now this is the guy who now Steve Wilks, who took over the mess as you traded Christian McCaffrey and had you in a playoff hunt in a bad division, and except for your man DJ Moore, who scored touchdown took his helmet off. Then they had to kick a forty seven yard extra point missed and lost that game in Atlanta.
Speaker 3: Nah, we don't want him, you want Frank right, Well, I mean the same thing, listen, Raiders got it. You got a guy. It is the exact same situation here.
Speaker 4: It is coach takes over mess, gets everyone to play well, Raiders make the playoffs. Was in the playoff game he had, and you decide, not only do you not want Rich Pasatia, who you could have got at a very good economic price because you know we're a special teams coach. And he won't go say no, You go shovel a whole bunch of money to Josh McDaniels. Then let him go bring in his own GM. So you got to pay Gruden off. Well, they still in the lawsuit, but you got gruten Then you have Mayok and you gotta pay all this and you lose Basachia. Now you got none of them dudes, No Bassachia, no Grouten, no mc daniels, no day Ziggler.
Speaker 3: Now you got it on wouild. So we say, all listen, you bring it right back here to the Cowboys. Don't they look so stable?
Speaker 4: When you see these situations between Las Vegas and Carolina, and I mean we're assuming what we did, our calculations is our recalculations. We got the Cowboys winning no less than eleven games, that's correct.
Speaker 3: So if McCarthy runs out twelve, twelve and eleven.
Speaker 4: Three straight playoff years, and people want to talk about getting rid of them, for some people out there, that's not good enough, is it? When you start thinking about what else is around here? I mean, the bear is one, but where's that thing going?
Speaker 6: So do you feel he's no?
Speaker 2: Because that's a change of tune right there. So so who thinks is good enough? Does the owner think is good enough?
Speaker 9: This?
Speaker 3: This is this is what my feeling on it. And I'm coming off of baseball, right but a month baseball, we can tell let it play out. Let it play out, because if they do lose in the playoffs, who do they lose to? How do they lose?
Speaker 4: You know around here, you know, the des caught It game still has all these folks thinking that you know, all these all this stuff would have happened if it's a Dees caught it game, then maybe Jerry's like, oh, you know, we got house or how do.
Speaker 3: You get beat and Matt. Context matters.
Speaker 2: That's fine, Let's let's try to Let's try to erasst as much of the context as possible.
Speaker 3: Just say, eleven win season.
Speaker 2: Do you think that the owner is okay with that if that eleven win season does not translate into NFC championship or Super Bowl appearance.
Speaker 3: Once again, the reason I say how it matters because the owner keeps living on it.
Speaker 4: There were times when Jason garretting up another eight and eighth season, I thought it was very clear should go, but then the owner had decided, Nah, I see what I need to see. Jerry's an interesting guy. You don't know how it's going to how it's going to turn, which is why I say you gotta let it play out. Because he's not a black and white guy. I mean, he's a man who told on something once one time just because I said, it doesn't.
Speaker 2: Make it so, which they had one hundred and sixty wins to one hundred losses seventeen.
Speaker 3: Years as a head coach in the NFL. I mean the.
Speaker 2: Stability that we've been looking for in the head coach, we finally have it. Am I not pleased with some of the situational things that happen. Yeah, I think it comes down to quarterback also being sharper in those situations also. But I think Mike McCarthy has always been a great head coach in the NFL. The problem is, I think he has an image problem. People don't give him the respect that he deserves because I don't know, he doesn't have an iron jaw, He's not whatever, I mean, whatever they feel about. Mike McCarthy's a hell of a coach and he has his finger on the pulse of his team always. The only person that's ever had anything bad to say about him, I think is Aaron Rodgers. But I think over the years, as Aaron Rodgers has kind of gone through his career, I think you have some questions about him too, Right, it's just his character and how that all transformed when they were in Green Bay. But I like Mike, and I think Mike has an opportunity right now to turn this season around. At midpoint, the thing that they're saying about him is can't he win the big games? And that's tied to him and the quarterback. Okay, and so that's the hump that they got to get over. They have to get over the hump of those teams that you're supporting when you go to Miami, when you go to Buffalo, when you see when you see Philly again, can you win those games? And so those question marks are going a linger until he actually absolutely gets that monkey off his bat.
Speaker 3: And thank god Sham Payton got a job, so we don't have to get about.
Speaker 2: We need to go back and look at the look at the schedule for the last few years, and and and circle the big games that we played and what was the result in those big games exactly? Like I mean two twelve five seasons. I was like, yeah, against against the good teams? How do we play against the good teams? And I think that is a that is a big time tale of like how successful you are as a head coaching your team as well. It's not because like they're looking at Miami now and they saying Miami got a good record, but they ain't playing nobody like and that, and that could be a thing throughout your season, like oh, by the end of the season, you figure, okay, we had seventeen games, but we only played No.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not saying us.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying I'm saying that that is a thing when when it gets to the end of the season of like, okay, well, how many good people did y'all play?
Speaker 3: Though? What was that twelve and five season? What did it really look like?
Speaker 2: When when you look at the end of the year and say, oh, that that big, big game that we played against that team that we thought was really good, they end up not making Can I ask y'all some I mean, I'm looking at two guys that were undrafted free agents that made a living in the NFL. Y'all are a part of the one percent to do this. There are no bumps in the NFL, bro, So how did you I mean even you guys. I know y'all media guys now, but y'all don't look around the league at the other thirty one teams and say those guys made it to where millions of guys didn't make it. And even as we go into this Giants game, it's like he just came out there. We gonna beat them about thirty points due them in NFL players, when do we get to the point like, Okay, this team isn't worth married than the other teams.
Speaker 3: I mean, I understand trash Can dumped the fire.
Speaker 2: I get it, but that's an NFL team and doesn't any given Sunday still apply.
Speaker 4: As John Madden said, tell me when it's a little game, because we all say big games now, I think we would all agree Bill Belichick and Bill Walsh are two of the greatest coaches we've seen in this league. You go and look at the AFC East teams and how competitive they were not as Bill Belichick rolled up his and Bill Walsh as he rolled up his in the old NFC West, where those teams were terrible.
Speaker 3: Nobody talks about it.
Speaker 4: I just think when you look at Mike McCarthy, this is a guy who's now coming to this organization and provide a stability that we have not seen since they.
Speaker 3: Were competing for Super Bowls.
Speaker 4: And if you're telling me, all right, we're gonna bump Mike out, do we know Dan Quinn is going to be that guy and take them the next step? Or let's just say Bill Belichick ends up getting put out of his job. Do you say, hey, Bill Belichick, you're gonna come in here and you're going to take us higher.
Speaker 3: There's been many organization is try to say we need this, and it goes south.
Speaker 4: It goes south a lot more than it goes up north a lot of times, just saying that's very true.
Speaker 5: And then when you talk about Belichick, he kind of he kind of did that to himself a little bit when you talk about where he is right now as far as a coach and how things aren't looking too good, because not only is he the head coach, but he was also the kind of de facto GM.
Speaker 3: He is the gym.
Speaker 5: So he was he was a guy that was bringing in these guys outside of Tom Brady that you know, didn't really pan out. He was going and getting all these money free agents that didn't really pan out. And then you look at the team now and you're like, well they're not very competitive, they don't have any pieces out there. Well, Bill, you did that to yourself. You you brought those guys in there. So that's that's part of it too. Yes, is he a great coach, of course he is, you six Super Bowls, all that great stuff. But when you talk about, you know, the ups, you gotta talk about the downs as well, because he was a part of those downs. As far as that New England team is looking right now, So to me, you know, Bill he kind of did that to himself. But we talking about Mike McCarthy. You guys are all one hundred percent right. I mean, this guy, whoever bring he brings into this, this locker room, whatever the case may be, whoever he's coaching out there, he gets the most out of them, and he brings guys around him. Talking about Dan Quinn, talking about our Hairs, Joe Wood Jr. That are going to get the most out of their players as well. So I'm one hundred percent which'all on this one. Mike McCarthy, I mean, he is a hell of a coach and you know, hopefully he can get.
Speaker 3: Over the hump.
Speaker 5: But if he does it this year, there's gonna be a lot of questions. And that's just that's just how the game is. When you wear that star on your helmet.
Speaker 3: You're still there. Huh what's that? Wait? They're talking about the Giants. Hell yeah, why y'all doing me like this. Let's take a break, Let's take a rank. Let's take a break. You said talking, Let's take a break, and we come back.
Speaker 4: We will talk about the Cowboys definitely in New York Jaring. This is the players line trot to you by Toastino. It's on Dallas Cowboys dot comray.
Speaker 10: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now, Cowboys fans could get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set, free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy with ball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 3: Hi.
Speaker 2: I'm Danny McCrae, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with Smoothie King, and Smoothie King wants.
Speaker 3: To ask you, what's that sound.
Speaker 2: That's the sound of us magically transforming our smoothie bowls into two new decadent flavors. Dig into a cool III or Fatalia bowl handcrafted with crunchy purely Elizabeth Rinola fresh strawberries and finished with the velvety chocolate hazel nut drizzle. Perfect for breakfast, lunch, or anytime you want to munch and that's the sound of you making them disappear. Smoothie bowls now in two new decadent flavors only as Smoothie King, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 11: To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The Bowl Unique Appair of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means.
Speaker 2: To be a boss.
Speaker 11: Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss, at Hugo Boss dot com and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 3: There is no eye in Dallas.
Speaker 8: There is no eye in heart, either no eye in blue star or a lone star for that matter, And there's no eye in how about them Cowboys? Smearenough knows there's no eye in football. Football is a wee thing and experience that it is best enjoyed together with good drinks and good folks.
Speaker 3: Home or away.
Speaker 8: We rally together, we cry together, and we always rally cry together. Because there's definitely no eye in Cowboys fans.
Speaker 3: Smear enough we do game days.
Speaker 8: Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 3: Back to the players.
Speaker 2: Loude tis the season for youth football and dance camp presented by Infizzi Line. Don't miss your chance to learn from the Dallas Cowboy Chillers in former NFL players.
Speaker 3: At at and T Stadium on December twenty second and twenty third.
Speaker 2: Celebrate the holidays with the Cowboys Rechester today at Dallascowboys dot Com slash camps. Man, come on out, man, you heard that read and they read has some passion to it right there, Man, come on out.
Speaker 3: That's righty. Hey. They had a message playing man.
Speaker 4: They say, welcome back to the players, Buddy by Tostitos, bearing Church, Heck Maharrison, Danny mccrab knew he Scruggs Cowboys going to face the New York Football Giants, seventeen point favorites in this game. The last time they took all the Giants it was forty to nothing at the Medal Lands with Daniel Jones.
Speaker 2: Somebody somebody on the podcast wants us to feel like that they had, like they got it. Sure, I don't think we're gonna sleep walking to this game. The expectation is to be but what what it is for me? It's the first time I've never seen y'all like cocky about it, you know, all real cocky about this one.
Speaker 3: I had La. Remember in La, I told you for real, like Arizona. It just gives me, you know, dejah ou.
Speaker 2: The thing is not it's not feeling cocky about the game. I don't think New York has a chance to win the game.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: I think we do have a chance to go out there and if we don't play well, they can make it a little interesting going into the third or something like that.
Speaker 3: I don't I don't believe.
Speaker 2: That unless something crazy and dramatic happens, that they have a real shot at beating us with what they are going to run out there on the field, because it ain't much what they running out there. My expectation is what has me of saying. I expect us to cover that spread. I expect Tony Poula to go out here and have a really good game. I expect Dak Prescott to have a really good game. And if they don't, then I'm gonna come back in here on Monday and be like, I can't believe he played that way. We won the game just I expected. I can't believe we played that way against the team that came out there and rolled that product out on the field at home, and we still didn't see a complete game out of our out of our roster. Like this is where you say, all right, if it's any game to have a complete game, is this game?
Speaker 3: Special teams offense, defense should be out there.
Speaker 2: They should go out there, and they should play well against the guys that are coming out there on the field on Sunday.
Speaker 4: I don't want to compare it to college football, but I'm gonna ask you when you were LSU, was it Vanderbilt.
Speaker 3: A Palasia state? They came through.
Speaker 2: They came through at eleven o'clock on Saturday, and they had beat Michigan I think a couple of years before that, and came out there and thought they was gonna be okay, and we knew the product that they was rolling out there against the team that we had ain't no way. The only way we lose it is if we don't show up out there on the field, because it ain ain't gonna happened. They ain't gonna have I had every game. We don't know every game Toledou, You say Missis State those teams, actually no, I just I played Vanderbilt one time. They actually played its pretty good. Said that's one of them sneaky teams. Right, but they they're like they healthy, but it's a healthy team. Whatever they came into the season with is all there.
Speaker 3: The New York Giants are not that team.
Speaker 2: Like if they if they still had Daniel Jones and Waller and all that stuff, even we will be sitting I would be sitting there and I'll be saying, you know what if you sleep walking to this game.
Speaker 3: But they don't even have those pieces. They don't even.
Speaker 4: Quarterback Tommy to beat the rookie from some place in West Virginia that is not not powerful or anything whatever.
Speaker 3: It's the academic standards.
Speaker 2: He was.
Speaker 4: He was Illinois in someplace else he was. There was the Bears guy that was a backup from someplace in West.
Speaker 3: Virginia baseball right, said, come on, let's play. What concerns you?
Speaker 2: Heck, I mean, what's what's I just think, man, we're susceptible to the run. I saw James Connor, who was an aging, slow running back hit the edge on us. I saw a lot of guys missing tackles in a game versus Arizona that I thought we were supposed to beat the brakes off of them. I don't feel you know, the great poet Maya Angelou said, if someone shows you they are believable, right, And this team has showed me that they can be up and down and I've seen it. I've seen it, and my confidence level. I want to be cocky. I want to come my head be up by front it off the boss, you know me. But I just feel as though that there are going to be some things that they have to correct. I think as a team offensively, they have things that they have to correct. It's just very important to me that this is a complete game. So do you not feel a little better about the Arizona game seeing how Josh Dobbs has played last week and then how competitive they were against every other team that they played against for the most part versus you know.
Speaker 3: It made me sicker. It made me sick.
Speaker 2: Why because I feel like, for me, I feel like when you have a defense with Michael Parsons on the tank, Lawrence and guys like that, you're supposed to be able to mitigate a quarterback of the.
Speaker 3: Level of Josh Dobbs. Josh Dobbs is a.
Speaker 2: Journeyman quarterback who have problems with Okay, he's a very serviceable guy. And he went out there without on the playbook again and went out there in one Minnesota the football game, and Minnesota is down justin Jefferson Madison ain't doing the cam Akers the Tours Achilles too. So when you look at it, you say, okay, journeyman quarterback. But his history when he gets the teams, they usually are competitive him, Jacoby Brissett, guys like that. I put them kind of all in the same thing. I'm not saying that I'm saying that he's not a good quarterback. I'm not saying that at all. I think he's serviceable. He's a backup quarterback in the NFL. But I thought that we should have been went out there and dominated him.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, we did.
Speaker 2: And so Tommy DeVito, after watching him, I ain't a snowballs chance of hell. I just don't want us to go out there and fall asleep on them all right, home home field advantage. I want us to continue to roll on this home field advanced because that's what we had when we were in those super Bowl years and yester year, bring it back. And I asked you, and I ask you this again, though, can any no matter how they perform, if the performance is collective team beat the snot out of whatever it afforded a zero? Do you feel better about your team on Monday? No? And I think that's where I'm kind of sitting at of like, like I cared that we playing the Giants, but like it's so bad and what I expect us to be versus from what I seen us play San Francisco. The measurers stick and then we had another chance against Philly and then what I saw, Like the only way that I'm going to feel better about what the Cowboys can do is when we play better competition and they come out there and they play better as a team collectively, all three units, not just Dak.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: I want to see Dak play well. I want to see the runner game have a good game, and I want to see defense come out and also generate sex and also, hey be able to stop the run if that's what you have to do. I want to see a complete game against a complete team, and we'll have opportunities.
Speaker 3: To do that. This just ain't one of them.
Speaker 4: Sterling Shark their veteran receiver who was doing the Shepherd, I'm sorry, should.
Speaker 3: Be by the way.
Speaker 4: Uh so, so Shepherd said, quote it's important to keep guys uplifted.
Speaker 3: I play for these guys. This is what's come to now. Man, We're just trying to keep uplifted. Hey man, hey, come on, man, just put your best foot forward.
Speaker 4: I remember when Michael Irving was playing for the Cowboys in eighty eight. You're talking about the mindset from going from from Miami to hear he said. Tom Andy tolds Hey, al right, guys, go ahead, let's keep this thing close. Man, we got this uplifted guys.
Speaker 3: It's okay. They feel worse than the Giants as a team. It feels too.
Speaker 6: That's the worst feeling. You know, you ain't got a shot.
Speaker 3: Oh that's bad.
Speaker 2: You run out like you know you like punt team about to get a lot of work and get especial teams kickoff return.
Speaker 3: It should be good like that. I'm like, man, God, this is about you.
Speaker 5: Want to sound like man, just cut the first down punt ready? You started buckling your chin strap. Please, it's third and three. Let's go come on minus three, Let's go ahead and go out here and go again. Man, It's it's tough, man, it's tough.
Speaker 3: They playing for Vegas already. I'm telling you you got the whole thing where here was you beat Minnesota in the playoffs.
Speaker 4: Owner come out there and we back pay Daniel Jones and giant fan you know who, you know, these Giant fans who live around here, migrating from New York by feeling good and now look at you, hey man, we just trying to keep that body up lifting.
Speaker 2: And now we should go stump stump them out in the first quarter and don't give them no opportunity to feel good about it.
Speaker 3: And and that's and that's and and that's what you gotta do.
Speaker 2: But like I said, this, this should be one of those things where you going to the game and you use this game to better at situational football, not getting as many penalties, the discipline. That's like, that's that's what you use this game.
Speaker 3: It's about you, Yes, this game is about you. It's about you.
Speaker 4: All right, let's let's we all know where we're going on the game, but let's get the score up. We'll take a break through that right here on the playas toes Dallascowboys dot Com Radia.
Speaker 11: To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bold, unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss, at Hugo Boss dot com and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 2: Hi, I'm Danny mccraig. That was Cowboys alumni player here. What's Smoothie King? And Smoothie King wants to ask you, what's that sound? That's the sound of us magically transforming our smoothie bows into two new decadent flavors. Dig into a cool Iaie or Pataya bowl handcrafted with crunchy purely Elizabeth Rinola fresh strawberries and finished with the velvety chocolate hazel nut drizzle, perfect for breakfast, lunch, or anytime you want a munch and that's the sound of you making them disappear. Smoothie bowls now in two new decadent flavors only as Smoothie King, the official Smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 10: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys. Jack Black and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus. Because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping.
Speaker 3: The Jack Black Playmaker is four.
Speaker 10: Of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy liftball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack Black dot com slash.
Speaker 3: Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 9: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: And they snapped the press guy who looks right, it's not there. He escaped slapt He'll perks down.
Speaker 9: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 1: Pros Scot's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle and he scores.
Speaker 9: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 3: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 9: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 6: Back to the players Lounge.
Speaker 2: Get a frame worthy family holiday photo with Santa at the Star for is anybody monument Realty. Santa Claus will be at his cowboy theme cottage and the Star District from November eighteenth through December twenty fourth. Book your visit before December ninth and save five dollars with Cold Star five. Visit the Star District dot com slash Santa for more information.
Speaker 3: Thank you. Heck maharrison plays lounge brought to you by to Steinosberry Church. Heck maharrison. That is Danny McRae. Im new he scruts looking here.
Speaker 4: Just kind of stab of the giants who went out to Las Vegas and got beat thirty to six the cigar game. Yes, afterwards the owner and the players are smoking cigars because Josh McDaniels was fired. So the giants in this game here three or twelve on third down one of five on fourth down efficiency had a total of thirteen drives, averaging four point five yards to carry, one hundred and fifty four yards of passing, had one hundred and twenty three yards of rushing on twenty five attempts.
Speaker 3: Hey, penalties, they're not bad. Three penalties for eight yards Vegas.
Speaker 4: Yeah, turnovers, two turnovers, two picks. I mean, I adn't count the punts yet, but this team can't score.
Speaker 3: They're not good.
Speaker 4: Tommy DeVito and actually Daniel Jones did play in this game. Was four to nine for twenty five yards before.
Speaker 3: But yeah, but you got fifteen to twenty took six acts. We should feast that.
Speaker 2: But that's like I don't And that's why I'm like, I don't even think if they get down, they gonna just start trying to throw the ball like that to.
Speaker 3: Win the game and run the clock. Man, no commercial breads. Get these dudes hurt out here.
Speaker 2: They got to make for the rest of the season, and get your quarterback hurt because you're now by fourteen, then you're gonna have a you know this, big time come back and show them that you're still fighting as a giant's rap.
Speaker 3: It's a rap. Do you pay get your get ship? You should do you pay? That's who healthy this year, that's who mad right now.
Speaker 4: What I'm saying like the Cowboys, No, no, no desires no, because because if you're the Giant, no, we're not paying him. No, Nouan is done. That's what I'm saying, Like who you talking about?
Speaker 3: Somebody else? But if you're the Giant, you're not paying sake one Barkley.
Speaker 4: You gotta move on your Your goal right now is to hope that Caleb Williams or Drake may or Michael Pennick. Your hope should be you get get one of these quarterbacks, go draft or running back.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 3: But but you're not signing safe. Ain't bad. I'll say this, I give me a good quarterback. I think. I'm well, how about this, I wouldn't want to be a he would you want to go back and play for this team? They can first house beginion n Yeah, but why would you pay ten million? I wouldn't do it for what? That's the chief PERSI We're in a whole nother situation.
Speaker 2: If they gave the contract to Saquon instead of to Daniel Jones, I mean you would be making this decision to go with Kayler Williams.
Speaker 3: If you're seeing there in the Kayleb Williams Bowl right now, they just paid their quarterback.
Speaker 2: Doesn't make any sense from as an organization, they went out and they put all of their coin into Daniel Jones.
Speaker 3: And now because of Kayler Williams, we about to tank for that.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, I mean you got you got another year. You've got to pay jis Daniel Jones with thirty six million dollars.
Speaker 3: But we all see he's not the guy. They as an organization, they messed up so as it's from a salary salary cap situation. And excuse my ignorance on this, So you're.
Speaker 2: Paying one got thirty six million dollars, what else does that leave you when when we're talking about all these other signings and other things. Cause that way, you're not gonna be able to keep Thibodeau either. Any O, any guys on your defense, you may have.
Speaker 4: To go keep stripp this thing down, but but you're not. Obviously you're not going to pay ten plus million dollars to a running back.
Speaker 3: You're not.
Speaker 4: You're not going to do that again. And and honestly, if I'm saying I go to them, hey man, thank you, we're good.
Speaker 3: I would move on. I would not want to be a part of this offensive line is shaky.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 3: The quarterback situation is terrible. Poor Caleb Willis you know, as you said, it might not come out.
Speaker 2: And to be honest with y'all, the last person I won't see in the NFC East is Caleb Williams.
Speaker 3: I already got it. I already got Jaylor Hurts. I do not need Caleb Williams in this division at this point in time. I think it's somewhere else. Is it Carolina that gets the pick?
Speaker 4: I mean, well we're looking at here because Carolina, I mean Chicago gets some Carolina. So Carolina one win, which give to Chicago. If you Chicago, you definitely take Caleb Williams.
Speaker 3: It's Indy in it. It's one of m Askas. It's Indy anywhere around that. Indy is no four wins. They got four wins, okay, plus they got Richardson. They got Richardson.
Speaker 4: So right now, your team with the worst record in the game game is Carolina with one win. Arizona's got one win.
Speaker 2: I guess they got to figure it out too. Arizona, they get Cayla a bunch of money.
Speaker 3: You know what you're eating cash. I mean, if you can get Caleb Williams or and that's Drake May Caleb Williams.
Speaker 4: If you're looking as an organization, you say to yourself in the next five years, who do I think has a better opportunity for first?
Speaker 2: You know what's interesting about this is because it all comes kind of comes full circle for d because he's a guy that's looking to re up his contract as well. And if a lot of these organizations are not resigning their quarterbacks, where does that leave him from a contract standpoint. I mean, I'm not trying to.
Speaker 3: Start a room. I got nothing, but I'm just saying, this is a guy that's playing for a contract.
Speaker 5: Basically, this is another one of them situations where it just depends on how things finish, Like if you know, when it gets to the playoffs, if it's another three interception game like we had against Sam Frand is it one of those man, We're gonna run this again.
Speaker 3: Back home once again.
Speaker 4: This is the owner until the owner, until the owner tells you he's he doesn't want it then and he keeps saying he does I'm gonna take him at his work because if we look at things, how many times has the owner willingly walked away from his franchise quarterback.
Speaker 3: He hasn't. Troyman was hurt, You're tired, Tony Romo got to the point where.
Speaker 4: He couldn't play, and Dak took the job. But Jerry walking away saying, I'm good, you've never seen it, but you just said it Tony Romo. I mean another guy came in out played him. I mean, and the difference between Troy Aikman is Troigman won Super Bowls. But I'm just saying, when when the owner, the owner walked away? I said, the owner hasn't walked away? And I said, what injury for? Troy Romo was hurt? And then the guy they drafted clearly had had won the job. But even so, I'll tell you this.
Speaker 3: Story off the air. But where to go? He has got somewhere to go?
Speaker 2: He has, he has, he has sit out for a while the podcast. Okay, so he got sorry, this man trying to get to the national championship. Ten Cowboys, Cowboys thirty two, Giants nine.
Speaker 5: That's me Church, Yeah, give me the Cowboys thirty one seven thirty one seven. Yeah, I'm going Cowboys, man, I'm gonna go something twenty seven to ten, twenty eighty.
Speaker 2: Six, Cowboys six six. I think we I think we called the dogs off it at the twenty eight Cooper rush time.
Speaker 3: All right, Chris, what else we got here? We got pop picked the first sack of the game. Any team? What player?
Speaker 6: Doris Armstrong?
Speaker 3: M damn give me the book? Are you wait a minute? Come this way? You said you are.
Speaker 2: This is gonna be your second pick. You've been picked the same you do here because you you already let us know you're gonna put that. Dude, you can still still pick.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go Tank. I'm gonna go tak tell you what to thank my feet turn here he goes steal mine. I'll go with Osa odiggy Zuo zuo.
Speaker 4: Okay, So there's a pod pic first sac newi Osa Church towards Armstrong, d Mac, Michael Parsons, heck Tank, Lawrence.
Speaker 3: Okay, I see see what you got this week? See you Cleveland at Baltimore. Okay, Okay, okay, you're starting all right? That's strong. Yeah, I got I got Baltimore. Yeah, Baltimore is at Baltimore. Yeah, got Baltimore.
Speaker 9: M v P.
Speaker 3: What's go h That's gonna be a tough one. I'm gonna go twenty twenty to, twenty to eighteen A bit closer I got twenty three seventeen Baltimore ravens. Oh, look, cheating my phone right now. I about to get this you okay, give me.
Speaker 2: The right?
Speaker 6: Yeah, give me Baltimore as well. Twenty one seventeen.
Speaker 4: All right, let me go where they twenty four sixteen Baltimore victory mark Anstre's gonna get it done.
Speaker 5: San Francisco at Jacksonville, San Francisco at Duball.
Speaker 3: Who you got NEWI?
Speaker 4: San Francisco thirty one woh du Ball twenty eight high score.
Speaker 3: Man, give me.
Speaker 6: Man, give me Duvall. Man, give me Duvall twenty eight fourteen.
Speaker 3: You're gonna chink your boy as I know you going over there. No, I don't know. Listen, I'm my own man today. At least you admit it. And I'm going. And I'm going with Duvall because Travis Etn is having a year. That man, Kirby Kirk.
Speaker 2: I need to have a big time game and I'm going thirty one twenty four Duvall. Hey, this is a must win. This is a must win for San Francisco. So I'm gonna go San Frian twenty four, twenty four, twenty twenty four.
Speaker 3: Twenty I like it is in Duvall, right now, yeah, yea.
Speaker 10: Or we got Detroit Cross going across the country playing at the Charge and.
Speaker 3: Herban and herbing them and Herb Detroit Lions.
Speaker 2: You're gonna Detroit Detroit Lions thirty one seventeen, not even close, thirty one seventeen, Saint Brown Golf. Or I'll just go off everybody Montgomery playing this week too, back, Oh, go off other boys. I'm gonna go. I'm gonna go with Detroit. I'm gonna go to Detroit on this one. Man, I'm going low scoring game. It's gonna be a eighteen eighteen fifteen something crazy mm hmm. Yeah, it's bored with the heart in the head. But I'm gonna go ahead with uh with Herb and the boys. Man, I'm gonna go urb the boys for real.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, yeah, I'm going urbing the boys. It's more like I said, it's more heart than.
Speaker 3: We don't need. We don't need the reason. Why did you believe. Thank you you you know he wants try to because you want to excuse me, but they lose.
Speaker 5: What I did with my heart I say, I say, okay, so you beg twenty four to seven teens and you believe they're gonna win.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be a tight one. Give me man.
Speaker 6: Like water, it's gonna be it's gonna be a title.
Speaker 3: Give me, uh Detroit to it in my home country.
Speaker 4: Twenty one seventeen.
Speaker 3: So okay, so we all, so you again my hold on one left. Let's go. We've got Houston at the Bengals. Ooh, that's gonna be a game. Nah, you're really beating nobody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna go with I'm gonna go with I'm gonna go with the Bengals on this one. And uh, I'm gonna go twenty to twenty four on this It's gonna be a blowout. Give me the Bengals thirty one seventeen, twenty four seventeen, Cincinnati.
Speaker 3: Twenty four seventeen. I would say that the Texans haven't beat anybody, That's what he said. They did beat Duval though they beat them.
Speaker 6: That's a divisional game, that division division.
Speaker 3: Early in the season slipper, What time did Georgia play three O five? I can't wait if you take that's a three five.
Speaker 4: Timeinnati twenty six, twenty four.
Speaker 2: I got a close, I got a defense like I got a all right, that's all Chris Hans, Hey, man, let me say this for I'm not finna yell yet.
Speaker 3: Man, my son. They have a playoff game tonight.
Speaker 2: The Saxy Mustangs take on Rockwall Heat the fighting.
Speaker 3: Nick Harris is upstairs. It's high school. It's playoff season. Good, they're in Texas. Good good, no needing man tn d O run, Mustangs run. But for Cowboy Nation, y'all better take you and get rid of a cowboy nation. Off your team, let's go.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club