Speaker 1: Hey there, everybody. Welcome to the latest episode of Amy and TJ. I'm sitting next to my riding partner, Andy Robot, who is wearing the dopest riding boots you have ever seen. I wish I could show them to y'all. It is just amazing. So I am not kidding. You think I'm joking. You're rocking it. Today's uh huh.
Speaker 2: This is funny because this morning when I put the boots on. Please tell our listeners what you said to me.
Speaker 1: Look, everybody would have had the same reaction if you saw the boots come on in Manhattan at noon. Okay, okay, what'd you say? I said, I didn't know we were riding horses up to the studio.
Speaker 2: But I laughed. I laughed. I think I might have said touche.
Speaker 1: But it's a look, right, they are awesome. Maybe no, no, no, no, no, this is not a joke. You look great today.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: It's very simplest get up. You know, those are my favorite jeans that you wear.
Speaker 2: I do know that. Yes, I put them on when I need to. You know what, I don't know. I feel like maybe your mood could be lifted up a little. I put these jeanes on. Did you know I did that?
Speaker 1: It worked?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you did. Your mood, you're it completely lifted up.
Speaker 1: You just you were dragging me a little bit this morn I was, and I was because there's been so much March madness. I think I've talked about this plenty, but when the NCAA tournament starts, my every day is starting from noon to midnight. I am sitting in front of two three four screens watching every single game that's on. And I've been doing that for the past several days. So I'm dragging a little bit because the games have been great.
Speaker 2: That's true, and I do want to give you props here. I think we've seen almost every single game together, except for the last game last night, which apparently it was a shame that I missed because it was so good overtime. But you did take out I just want to say, thank you. You did take out four hours of prime March madness viewing on Saturday to go to my seventeen year old daughter's school fundraiser. Isn't that where everybody wants to be on a Saturday afternoon with basketball playing?
Speaker 1: So thank you, Uh, don't thank me. I told you even if Arkansas was playing in the tournament, my alma mater I would have gladly gone to Analysea's fundraiser and be there and support. On the other hand, it turns out this was more entertaining than the NCAA. Yes, we had some BLUs.
Speaker 2: We always find a way to have fun, even at fundraisers.
Speaker 1: It was an absolutely great time. But that's what we've been up to. And look, my mood has changed. And I am on this podcast often. We have had people on and it turns into a therapy session. We don't mean for it too, but it turns into not just the therapy for us, but therapy for the listener oftentimes and a group therapy session for us all Doctor Gardier, America psychologist Jeff Gardier was on and that was a great, great episode.
Speaker 2: We didn't even mean for it to be therapy. It turned into therapy.
Speaker 1: We didn't know how much help we needed, but apparently he helped a lot of people in that respect. We had Maddie with Jacamo, the Peloton instructor, very popular. We had a great chat with him about a lot he's been going through. And we had also Gavin Fastl.
Speaker 2: He was amazing and it was what I think is so cool when you can have people on and it unexpectedly becomes some incredible learning, growing experience where you learn things you didn't know. I think we're all so quick to, especially if someone's famous or has made headlines of some sort, to think the worst or to think of them through the lens of the worst thing we heard they did. And it's so nice when you get to actually sit down and talk with people and learn where they're coming from, what they've been through, and what they learned from those experiences, and then that you get something out of it. And I've just really enjoyed being able to do that with so many of our guests.
Speaker 1: And we're able to do it again today and this has helped my mood as well, because I am always right if I described you. So we just had a little chat in the green room with our guests today and we got to talking about kids in life and relationship and you're able to connect with folks. So when I hear someone who had a twenty four year marriage right ended up divorced, but had a twenty four year marriage and has four amazing kids who are doing amazing things, right, she's an entrepreneur. She is a television star. To hear the story of the life, I am dying to get information from somebody who is who has that type of resume. However, for everybody else out there, possibly who is not exposed to our guests the way we have now been, they only see her as a headline.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: They only see her as a controverse. They only see her possibly as something scandalous.
Speaker 2: Right, Well, we are talking about the amazing Larsa Pippen, who is here in studio with us. iHeart studios. First of all, think it is so nice to meet you in person. Hi. Hey, she's a bit round of applause. And it's true, you know, your most important I'm sure the the proudest job you have is being a mom to your four children, and one of whom is here, by the way, in the studio with us. So we're happy to have Sofia with us.
Speaker 3: Sophia's with us. She's on spring break. So we're here to shop and hang out in New York.
Speaker 2: Yes, and that's what moms and daughters should be doing on those fun trips. But you're also here working as well, and that's what you've been doing you've been an entrepreneur. I actually was looking at your jewelry line really like some of your stuff. I might have to go back in there a little bit later. I actually like, Wow, I like this stuff. It's really beautiful and elegant. But you know that you have been in the headlines and some of it you put yourself out there. You are a big franchise. You might have heard of it, The Real Housewives of Miami. Larsa is the star of the show. Let's just be honest, and that often comes sometimes with some nagging headlines. But I want to see if we can get a headline out of you because we have been reading about season seven. It's been renewed, but the cast has not been named. Is there anything you can tell us about it?
Speaker 3: Honestly, I don't know. I feel like you know, with these brands chizes, every few years, I like to switch it up and add someone new. So I guess they're just going to probably replace.
Speaker 1: Someone someone someone, Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean I don't think it'll be me though. I don't think me. I mean I hope not.
Speaker 2: Have you heard from them.
Speaker 3: I mean, yes, of course, I talked to the product I love our production company. I have a great relationship with them. I love Bravo, I love Andy Cohen. I feel like for me it's like family. If I've ever had a problem, I reach out to them and they always They're always there for me. So I've never had any complaints about the network or you know, my bosses.
Speaker 1: As we sit here, you do or don't know whether or not you'll be in the next season of Real Housewives of Miami.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty sure I would be back.
Speaker 1: Okay, what would the show be without you?
Speaker 3: Probably nothing. I mean, you know, you guys, you know what it is. You guys, Like I feel like if we don't talk about certain things and people don't want to watch, and if it's just super flatline, then it's like, who wants to watch that? So I think sometimes you have to shake things up and cause a little bit of stir.
Speaker 1: And and you're happy to do so.
Speaker 3: But you know, it's all in good fun, you guys, It's all in good fun. I feel like the girls, we all know what the show is, you know, and when you spend a lot of time with these strong independent women, you're gonna butt heads. So but I think at the end of the day, we always make peace. We're always fine. And you know, when you're on television, small things get magnified.
Speaker 2: And I'm curious because I have watched and I think to myself, I don't have that in me. I can't imagine even if it is, yes, you're doing it to camera, Yes you understand what your role is. That people are looking maybe even to you, so that their lives don't seem so awful. Oh, at least I don't have to deal with that toxic situation. But are you ever at a point where like I just can't be in this environment or do you enjoy it? Do you get a thrill out of it? No?
Speaker 3: I you know, I feel like I have a whole nother life outside the show. So I think when I'm in the like Housewives vibe, I feel like I'm really focused on that, and when I go home, I'm really focused on my businesses, my kids. You know, my kids take up a lot of my time. I have four kids that plays for the Memphis Grizzlies. I have my other son who's a junior in college at LMU. I have my son who's a senior that's being recruited to like nine schools. Like No, I really wanted him to go to like an Ivy League school, like I wanted him to go to Stanford. He has a scholarship to Stanford, but he really wants to play basketball, and so I feel like he's he's looking at other schools as well. And then I have Sophia, who's my little twin and my little mini me. So I feel like that to me, I think, if you have a life that's totally fulfilled at home, and then it's okay. I don't just live for housewives. It's not my goal in life, you know. I feel like it's fun for me, and when it stops being fun, I'll do something else.
Speaker 2: I know it's technically unscripted, but is it scripted to an extent? Are you acting a little bit when you're doing this? When you're playing No No, and it's just you unfiltered it.
Speaker 3: You know? I think, like I said, if you're with you know, I have a sister, So I feel like when my sister comes to stay with us, we fight. It's just normal when you're with another woman all the time, you're gonna have disagreements. Like it's just normal. It's just magnified sometimes because you know, we're hungry. I don't know. We've been in the same room for a long time.
Speaker 2: We're hungry.
Speaker 1: Well, why why is it you think you're dehumanized? We always feel that way, that you become fodder. It's easier to make fun of or talk about someone, or talk trash about someone when they're not talking about you as what you just said. Your mom your mother to four pretty wonderful, accomplished kids. But that's rarely the headline that I see.
Speaker 3: Well, I think it's because my kids don't want to be in the public eye. You know, my kids are very private. I think they're more like their dad. Their dad is very private in his life. And I feel like I signed up to do the show, and I don't want to ask my kids like, do you guys really I don't put pressure on them. If they want to shoot, you know, the show with me, then it's like great. But if you don't. I feel like they're thriving in what they do and I don't want to mix it two if they don't want it. I kind of let them make their own decisions. And I feel like from the time they were like sixteen, all of my decisions have always been based like on our mutual, Like, you know, we agree on every decision I've ever made. And I think a lot of people don't know that. They probably think, like, oh, she's doing all this, you know, all these things. Their kids are probably so upset, And I'm like, no, my kids are there because we talk about everything, and we discuss every small thing and we come up with the answer together. And I feel like when you raise good solid kids, by the time they're sixteen eighteen, like they are built pretty solid. And I trust her judgment, so I kind of go with that.
Speaker 1: We were talking about this a short time ago. Somebody else in Hollywood's in Hollywood and headlines a lot. When I was having an interview, I was started talking to her about all her accolades and how people viewer and the first she almost got on to me like like, you didn't mention that I'm a mom. You didn't mention like that's the thing she wanted to be known for. What is it do you think people think of you when they first when I say Lars of Pippen, And what's the first thing you think comes out of their or to their mind?
Speaker 3: But I kind of feel like it's the people that the guys that I've been linked to it's probably the number one thing my personal life. But for me, honestly, like I have, like I'm so fulfilled with my family, with my businesses that like, I'm not consumed with men that I've never been boy crazy my entire life, and so literally when I date someone, I don't take it so like you know, this is the guy for me. I'm like, hey, we're having fun as long as, like you know, I'm making you do while you're making me do well, as far as our businesses and our stuff and our growth, that it's great. And if it's not, it's okay because I have a whole I have so much love at home that I don't necessarily need to be with someone that like consumes my entire heart.
Speaker 2: I'm curious you mentioned you have discussed everything with your kids before, because it is a very public thing that you do. And in terms of co parenting with your ex, had there ever been a moment, Has there ever been a moment where like, please don't do this or we don't want you to do this. Has there ever been a disagreement about your choices or how you want to live your life?
Speaker 3: You know what, Honestly, my ex is great. He is a great guy. He co parents, you know, we co parent amazing together. Not really, we don't really discuss us our personal lives. I feel like the decisions we make are based on our kids, like where Justin wants to go to college, or like who's you know, if he's going to go look at the school with him, or I'm going to go. It's not necessarily based on our you know, the people that we date.
Speaker 1: Where do you want him to go to school? Again? You want him to go you want to do Stanford?
Speaker 3: You know, he's really My kids are really academic and they're really smart. They all play the piano, they all speak multiple languages. You know, my kids were in the chess club when they were like four years old. So, like, I want him to go to Stanford because I feel like he would thrive there. But he wants to go to like a really good basketball program.
Speaker 2: So I feel like he's just trying to get you to narrow down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm from the University of Archite rank.
Speaker 2: The colleges that he'd like to go to.
Speaker 1: If he wants to go to Arkansas, we're known as the Harvard of the South.
Speaker 3: I've got to an Arkansas game by the way.
Speaker 1: Yes, Oh wow, how is that experience?
Speaker 3: I've actually gone with with Tyson Chicken guy. Oh, I've gone with what's his name?
Speaker 2: We know?
Speaker 3: So John used to invite us to Arkansas when I was with my ex. Every summer we would.
Speaker 1: Go and spid like a week with him. Oh, well, you've just spent some time.
Speaker 2: We have a mutual.
Speaker 1: With him.
Speaker 2: It's been a tough couple of days here. You have announced that you have split from your boyfriend, and you had a podcast with him, and uh, I just want to give you the opportunity to to just set the record trait. I know there's always speculation, people always point to this or that, but this has been probably a pretty tough couple of days for you. How have you Or maybe it hasn't. Maybe I'm putting words in your mouth. How have you been? You know?
Speaker 3: I feel like I just I just finished, I just wrapped shooting the show, and I spent time away from him and everyone else. I was there for like two weeks, and it just kind of gave me clarity when I was alone. And I think when you're alone, you kind of really either miss the person or realize maybe you're not my guy. And I feel like that made me realize that I don't think he's my guy.
Speaker 2: Marcus Jordan is who we're talking about. Everyone. If you google your name and his name, the age gap comes up the sixteen years. Did that play a role in any of the relationship issues.
Speaker 3: No, No, I don't think so. I just think we're just on a different journey, you know, And I feel like I have to be true to who I am, what I'm doing, and what he's doing.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: I want him to be happy. He's a great guy, but I just don't feel like it's from me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that sometimes doesn't have to have.
Speaker 3: A different Why do I dated guys are way older than me that we're way more immature than him. So I don't know if it's I don't think it's the age. I just think it's where we are right now, you know.
Speaker 1: And where you are right now relationship status. This is a single woman we're talking to. Is that right?
Speaker 3: Single? Ready to mingle?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: I'm just kidding.
Speaker 1: Okay, are you not ready to mingle?
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, not right now, but I think I you know soon probably what.
Speaker 1: You know what we don't like? She just mentioned your Google and the names and this and that pop up. But we all been through breakups before, and they don't feel good. It's how are you? How is your heart these days? A breakup is difficult with somebody you love the way that you profess to love this man, you know.
Speaker 3: I feel like spending time away from him made it easier. And I feel like when I was stuck doing this other show, it kind of made me like just be alone. And I think it's hard sometimes to break up because you're so used to living with the person. We had our podcast together, we worked together. I had them on Housewives, and that was hard because we were used to being together all the time. And when I went and shot this other show, I just realized that, you know, Larsa, You're okay, Like you're fine.
Speaker 2: It's so interesting because the name of your podcast was Separation Anxiety. Yeah, and when you finally did separate just for work reasons, you realize you weren't that anxious.
Speaker 3: Yeah. No, I'm good. I'm like, no, I'm good.
Speaker 2: Teacher just took a big sip of water and it almost came out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm scared.
Speaker 2: Eve.
Speaker 1: He goes to the bathroom, but she might forget about me.
Speaker 3: No, I just feel like you guys, I just really feel like for me, my number one priority is like my kids, my businesses, you know, my show, and being with someone that I can grow with. And if I'm not growing with you, like we kind of have to be at the same place in order to grow together, you know, so I feel like that that's kind of what I want.
Speaker 1: Does this is what's all? This following and unfollowing? We've been subject to this as well, but every little thing you do on social media is now dissected, but the following and the unfollowing of each other? Where are you on that? I guess what's you all? Not your status? But how are you all now? Or you can touch every day? Or have you completely closed that door? What happens when you do get back in the same area neighborhood, city and you have a chance to see each other and you don't have that distance you talked about that helped get clarity.
Speaker 3: I feel like, you know, we're friends. We were friends for three years before we started dating, and I feel like we're gonna be friends eventually, but right now, I just feel like it's you know, we're cool.
Speaker 2: And it was interesting too. We saw that you all had met in twenty nineteen. But obviously anyone can can figure it out if they haven't already. Marcus is the son of Michael Jordan, and of course your ex husband Scotty Pippen and Michael Jordan played together. But you your world's never crossed before then. That was interesting to me because it would seem like you all would have somehow met or known. I mean, no, you knew of each other but had never met before.
Speaker 3: When I met my ex, I was a senior in college, and so they only played together for the last year. That's what we were together, was the very last year, and so I never met his mom. I never met the kids. You know, I was in college. I was twenty one years old. And so the following year, Scottie signed to Houston and we moved to Houston. And they weren't I think people want to pretend they were best friends. They were not friends. They were not best friends.
Speaker 1: They were not It was never that were you disappointed because you know, of course your X so well, But maybe you didn't even watch the Last Dance that documentary. Did you get a chance to see that on Netflix? That was about the whole the last. Yeah, Okay, do you think your ex was wrongly depicted in that? Because I know he was upset about it, but you watching from a distance that you were but also having insight, did you look and say that they didn't do him right on that?
Speaker 3: You know, I don't know. I feel like, you know, he like Scotty, knows how he feels. I'm sure he feels a certain way because you know, I don't know. I feel like it's something I don't really think about. To be honest with you, Yeah, I feel like if he was hurt by it, I'm sure there's a reason why he was hurt by it.
Speaker 2: So if you go back, but it sounds like when you go back to season seven on the Housewives, how much of what's happened in the last few weeks are you willing to share? I mean, how much do they ask you to share? Is it up to you?
Speaker 3: Oh, they ask you to share everything. They ask you, they want everything, And you know, for me, I'm like private when it comes out of my relationships. I feel like I'm not one of those people that leaves their relationship and like puts everything out there. It's just not something I do. I feel like you know. I can tell you we just you know, we grew apart or stuff like that. But I'm not one to, like, you know, dissect entire relationship because I feel like if I've spent time with someone like that wouldn't be fair. I don't like. I don't like when people break up and they just start bashing each other to look good. I feel like I've looked like the villain, you know, when my breakups with certain people in the past, because I don't really like I don't really defend myself. But that's because I don't need to. Because the people that know and I that I care about, the people that I love, know the story. I don't really care to like have other people be mad at whoever I spent time with because they didn't me wrong or whatever that I'm not like that. I feel like I learned from it, and I appreciate the time we've spent together, and I'm ready to move on.
Speaker 1: What's what's something you can think of now that you're just you would love to correct, right. I know you're used to so many headlines and foolishness and father and tablet all this, But what is one thing you can think of that just drove you crazy, Like, I can't believe they're saying that that it's so wrong that you wish you could have cleared up.
Speaker 3: I think, well, the thing about you know, people assuming that I knew Marcus and his family before, which I did not, or the fact that you know stuff like that, I feel like that's so not true.
Speaker 1: What's off limits? You just mentioned that the producers wanted you to put everything out there? What for you would be like, I'm not going that far. What's what's the line for you of going too far?
Speaker 3: I think I don't want to cross the line of someone that I love or I care about it. I would never want to make someone not look good, you know, and have it be my perspective. I don't really talk about people in lessy're in the same room where they can defend themselves. I don't think it's fair for me to like batch someone, you know, because I felt they did me, you know what I mean, not the right way.
Speaker 2: You mentioned being vilified. Do you think that people think of you as a villain.
Speaker 3: I think people don't like whoever the bigger star is. So for instance, when my ex and I broke up, whoever the bigger star is people think, like you must have done something wrong too leave him, and I'm like, no, it's not that, Like, you know, we just grew apart. And I think sometimes people like it's so much easier to hate on a woman. It is so much easier to hate on a woman that it is to hate on a man. And it takes you know, it takes two people to make a relationship work. It takes two people to make a relationship fall apart. So it's like, you know, if you're not doing what you're supposed to be doing, and then I'm not going to do what I'm supposed to be doing. So I definitely take responsibility for the things that I didn't do one hundred percent. But I'm also a cancer, Like I'm a lover, so I love hard, you know, that's just my personality, and that's kind of how I am.
Speaker 1: Where along that I'm always fascinated by this because we've talked here, Like I think back to certain parts of our lives, all of us, Like you were dating this person at this age and this age, But if if you had met that person now where you are, You're like, I would never have been interested. I never would have gone that way. What from that college young lady who met your ex where along the lines that you feel like you matured or changed to a point that you don't think that relationship would have been something you would have been interested in, or you think maybe you all would have always been compatible along the way.
Speaker 3: I you know what, I think like people grow differently, and I feel like people grow at you know, different speeds and where they are. I would never change one thing about anybody that I spent time with. I feel like I learned from it all. It was a great experience. I just feel like at the end, like it's hard to be married to an athlete. When they retire, that's like a very hard time for athletes because they're so used to being the man. They're so used to, you know, just being this big life. And then I think a lot of them when they retired, they just don't feel as good as they used to, and so it's hard, you know, it's challenging. Yeah, I hear girls tell me all the time, like, oh, set me up with this athlete or set me up with that athlete. I'm like, you have to be built to be able to be with an athlete because their lives are so stressful. You know, every game you have people, there's critics to talk about your game, and you're always on the road and you have to like it's just so many things that you have to have in order to make it.
Speaker 1: With an athlete as all right, now, would someone be challenged in dating you? Like you said you would warn a woman about dating a pro athlete with some wou A guy need to be warn like, hey, you're getting into it. Laarsa here she has to deal with this and this and she's here and that.
Speaker 3: No, I'm so easy.
Speaker 1: No, I am your cancer. I told.
Speaker 2: I's a lover, A lover.
Speaker 3: I am the I've never dated a guy that has not wanted to marry me ever, guy that I've ever dated. Literally, you guys gets obsessed with me. Maybe it's my cooking, Maybe it's I have good vibes in the morning. I don't know. I just feel like I have good energy.
Speaker 2: We've heard about your sex life, so maybe that's it too.
Speaker 1: I'm from you though we didn't hear it. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm just saying I have good energy, and I feel like people like good energy.
Speaker 2: That's amazing. I'm curious. Just having watched Scotty as you mentioned go through the ups and the downs, dealing with fame, dealing with the critics, dealing with all of that. Do you think you learned some of what he went through and applied it to your own life now in the public eye.
Speaker 3: I think so. I think, like, yeah, you know, I feel like I'm not really phased by like the noise because I feel really solid on the inside, and I feel like that's the most important thing. You know, surround yourself with people that love you, that want to see you win. And I think as we get older, you start realizing that there are people in your circle that don't want to see you win. And I feel like I've let a lot of those people go, and I'm so much happier without them. Every time something every time something bad has happened in my life, it's really showed me who my real people are. And so for me, I feel like that is that to me, is like the best experience of life.
Speaker 2: I feel you, Larsa, because yeah, anytime you go through something where maybe not everyone's going to agree with your choices or agree with how things happened, do you end up with not a smaller group of friends sometimes? And that's not a bad thing. Have you had that experience?
Speaker 3: I used to think. I used to think that I had like a thousand best friends. I'd be like, that's my best friend, that's my best friend. And then I realized when I went through my divorce, when I went through certain things in my life, that those people were the biggest haters and so I am so much happy without them, Like God has blessed me time and time again. I feel like when you have good energy, you get good things. And I, you know, I feel like I'm killing it, killing it.
Speaker 1: You thought you had a thousand best friends? What are you down to now? How many?
Speaker 3: Now I'm down to like a hundred?
Speaker 1: Okay, wow?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm a people person, you guys. Some people collect friends.
Speaker 1: We're best friends now?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I have you as all the time. Yes, I love, like, you know, hanging out with good people and having good times and making great memories like I love that.
Speaker 2: I love that too. I think that that's part of life. And I'm a big people person too. I love I love having friends to share things with. It makes life more fun. But it can be problematic, especially when it's all displayed for everyone to watch as their entertainment. Have you ever been in a situation in the Housewives franchise where you thought, I don't want to do this anymore, this isn't worth it, this is too much. Not recently, but initially.
Speaker 3: I feel like when I was on fourteen years ago, my exit and like the show, and I didn't want to cause waves in my relationship, and my kids were younger, and so I felt like it wasn't right for me. Then I didn't contribute as much just because I felt like I had to protect my kids, I had to protect my ex. But now, no, I feel like I'm in a great place. I love sharing my life. I would do it anyway on Instagram and everything else, kind of like an open book. So you know, so it's working out for me right now.
Speaker 2: Do you edit yourself at all on the show or do you just say whatever you think?
Speaker 3: No, I think I need to do a better job of editing myself, by the way, really, just because I feel like sometimes you say things and you don't mean them the way they you know, yet seen to the public. You know, I feel like a lot of times like things that I've said have come back to bite me in the ass, but it's it's not meant that way. You know what I'm saying. You know how you can take things out of context.
Speaker 2: I feel like, do you have an example? No, I like to not be repeated, so you're editing your.
Speaker 3: No, I'm no, I'm so real, you guys. I was saying I need to start like not not doing so much of that and being a little bit more closed off. You know, I'm learning. I'm learning every days, a learning, you know, experience.
Speaker 2: Do you watch the show's back?
Speaker 3: No? I when they send it to us, I watch it and I never look back at it again. Oh really, And my kids don't really watch a show.
Speaker 2: They don't know why, they just don't.
Speaker 3: They don't. My kids don't really. My kids are athletes, they're busy. Sophia has a model like they don't.
Speaker 1: What is it you do that? The kids are like, hell yeah, I'll go to that. Oh yeah, I'll check that out. Do they ever get into our reap some benefits of mama?
Speaker 3: Oh no, no, it's crazy. I used to beg my kids to go to concerts with me, and I'd say, hey, so and so on by it us. He's got a concert, let's go. And my kids would be like, we're good, we're gonna like we're gonna go get like shoot, you know, go shoot some basketballs, or like I'm gonna go work out, or My kids are not party kids, like my son. I have a son that's twenty three, twenty one, eighteen, and Sophia's fifteen. But I have the greatest kids in the world. They don't drink, they don't like smoke, they don't go out. They're very focused on school and sports, and so I'm really thankful for that. They're not into like the music world, like the rap world. They don't want to go to concerts, they don't really like going out. They're just like the perfect human.
Speaker 1: Sounds like my kind of people. That sounds it does sound.
Speaker 2: Like you're kind of people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, they're like great kids. And for me, that's like the number one thing. That's kind of how I judge people based on their kids, And like the time and energy that you've put into your kids, that's you know what you reap you so and I feel like I put so much love into my kids that they're like the best kids in the world, are my best friends. I enjoy them every single day, and so that's that's my pride and joy.
Speaker 2: You can tell you can tell by the way you speak of them that that's that's all true. And so I know that you've got a beautiful road ahead of you. What do you want in the future? What where do you see your career headed? I mean, what are your hopes and dreams?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I feel like that is such a good question. I don't know. I feel like I just want to keep building, like my Larcemary jewelry line. I'm working on a tequila called Alujo. I'm just working on different things, things that I love and that I'm passionate about. I feel like I only want to do things that I love.
Speaker 2: I like that tequila and jewelry can Who.
Speaker 3: Doesn't like diamonds and who doesn't feel like we need a shot? It's like the best of both worlds. It's so good.
Speaker 2: Drink the dahuila first and then go shopping online for your jewelry. That might be a good combo for you. Exactly. What about in terms of you believe that there is someone out there for you that you're going to grow old with, You believe in that soulmate thing I do?
Speaker 3: I do. I feel like I really like being married. I feel like I do like having a partner. I feel like I do like having someone that I'm always with. Yeah, I think so. I think I have someone out there that's like perfect for me. I'm sure they're scared of death because of Housewives, but they're like, I don't want to be on that show.
Speaker 2: Do you think that that would genuinely impact your ability to maybe find that perfect person because they might not want to be in the spotlight.
Speaker 3: Well. I was talking to one of my best friends, Caroline Stanberry, who lives in Dubai, and she's on the show, She's on Housewives of Dubai, and she's like, I have this perfect guy for you. He's amazing. She's like, but he's going to be so scared when I tell him that you're on housewives, And I was like, really, so, I don't know. I feel like sometimes it's a lot of guys don't want to put theirselves.
Speaker 2: Out there like that.
Speaker 1: You know, But what is dating like for you?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: How do you meet have to be introduced to someone? If people sliding into you DM like, what's happening? How do you go about dating? Are you on dating apps?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: I think for me, I meet people through friends and I kind of be like any person I've ever been with, I've kind of been friends with for a long time, and then I just kind of you know, talk to them, figure out everything about them first, you know, know they're dating history, and then I kind of like decide if I want to like jump in.
Speaker 2: The water, describe your perfect man.
Speaker 3: I think my perfect man would be really smart, really driven, like a workaholic because I love to work, and someone that's really nice and charitable, because I feel like living a life of purpose is like way more important than all the other stuff.
Speaker 1: Now, robot, describe your perfect man.
Speaker 2: Wait, oh, you're asking me. Oh well, I'm sitting right next to it.
Speaker 1: Wow, she played. Wow, Yeah, it was not a good.
Speaker 2: The truth is, I actually was surprised you were turning the table onto me. I was like, wait what Oh, So it took me a second to real and I was supposed to answer that question. But actually what you just said is true. I mean someone who works hard, someone who makes me for me. It's someone who can make me laugh, who I can laugh with, who I can be silly with, who I can We just said this earlier, but Tita has an amazing quote, and I think this describes our relationship and what I think made me realize that we were going to be amazing together for a very very long time. Everyone's always looking for that person to grow old with, but some would suggest, and I would concur that if you can find the person to stay young with, that's the person you can actually get through some tough times with, because if you can laugh and you can play, and you can have that childlike enthusiasm with that partner. And I want a partner too. I'm a big believer. I want a life partner. I don't know that everyone does, but I do. And I can see that in you as well. I mean, you had a twenty four year marriage, and we all got married young. We all were believers and dreamers. I got married at twenty three, twenty three, how you were twenty two. And I do think that that's the that's that speaks volumes do your belief in love and your belief in finding that partner and wanting that even at that young age.
Speaker 3: I grew up like watching my parents. My parents are still married, they're obsessed with each other. My mom and dad do everything together, and so I kind of feel like I want that.
Speaker 2: Oh he just gave me chills mine too, and his like yours are how many years over fifty years? And I think I took for granted that that was just something that was a given. You know, it obviously takes work, but it's also about finding that right person totally.
Speaker 1: Yeah, does that have Does that play your watching your parents? Does that play into your life, and that there's a standard now that you won't accept anything less than I think so.
Speaker 3: I think, like watching it, my mom takes care of my dad like she adores him, and I feel like I'm normally like that with the guys that I'm with, So I feel like I definitely kind of mimic that, you know. I just feel like I haven't met a person that's like like my dad.
Speaker 2: So we'll see, that's a that's a tough that's a tough bar, right to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my mom, kid, my mom. I remember one day she was like, you need to be with this kind of guy, and you know, she was like, I would you know, she was saying something like if she didn't have this, she would leave my dad. I'm like, where would you go? Like there's no guy better than my dad, Like you can't even she was trying to give me an example, and I was like, by the way, there's no one better than my dad, Like, they.
Speaker 1: Don't make my kid.
Speaker 2: That's so sweet. Do you have a celebrity crush?
Speaker 3: No, not really, like no.
Speaker 1: She didn't even hesitate.
Speaker 2: No. I wish everyone could have seen her face.
Speaker 1: You know what it is.
Speaker 3: I feel like a lot of times when people think that like this person's great on paper, and then you actually meet them and they are.
Speaker 1: So not the worst.
Speaker 3: That happens to me all the time because I feel like I've met people that I thought were like, like the greatest soccer player on the planet, and then when I started talking to him, I was like, that's it, that's it, no thanks. And then like I've talked to people that are in the music world and I'm like, oh, he's so cool when he's on stage, but then when he would like get off stage, I was like, you were so much cooler on the stage. So it's hard.
Speaker 1: Who was it, Larsa? Who was? I know you're not gonna say, but I.
Speaker 3: Do feel like I want to date like a business guy. I feel like that's kind of like where I need to be, like date someone that's very business savvy, and you know, I think I like that.
Speaker 1: What's your advice maybe to your daughter, but also to young women who watch the show who often they describe him as these guilty pleasures. Oftentimes they or all kinds of things that describe him as it's not something we're supposed to take seriously. It's just supposed to be entertainment. But what could you say to a young woman watching the show to take from it, to learn from it, to be empowered by Do you see that type of I guess service if you will, that some of these shows still can provide. You're a strong, successful woman who's got four wonderful kids that should be highlighted. But it doesn't seem like oftentimes it is when we talk about these shows.
Speaker 3: You know, I feel like a lot of people are in miserable relationships. And I think if you look at I was married for such a long time, you know, I was a stay at home mom. I raise my kids, and I feel like a lot of times when you watch housewives, you see like these women are entrepreneurs, they have a second life, Like your life is not over because you are not with that person, or you can be who you want to be. I'm a firm believer of that, like you can wake up one day and say, hey, guess what I am going to be this today, and you put all your energy into that and you basically can grow like that. So, you know our show, I feel like there are so many women that have done so much with their platform. I use my platform to basically show what I'm doing as far as my business stuff and you know, my kids and just feeling good. You know. It is a little bit of cattiness, of course, but it's really fun, you guys, it's fun to shoot.
Speaker 2: I was so I saw you just smile, and he said, yeah, there's some cattiness. Do you enjoy that part of it alone? No?
Speaker 3: No, I'm not confrontational, I promise.
Speaker 2: How should you describe yourself?
Speaker 3: I'm a cancer, I'm a lover. I'm super nice. I'm very generous, and I think that probably is bad because I think when you give, when you're a giver and then the person is not giving back what you give, you kind of get a little resentful, you know.
Speaker 2: Do you stand up for yourself?
Speaker 3: Yes? I feel like if I baby doesn't like to be put in a corner, so I don't want to be put in a corner.
Speaker 2: You know, what do you do when someone puts you in a corner?
Speaker 3: I handle my business. No. Now, I just feel like I'm a lover you guys, and I feel like sometimes, you know, being on this show, do you know what happens? I feel like being on these shows. I was just with Teresa Judas last week and she was telling me how people pick on her because she is like the franchise, like she is a big person, and I was thinking, that's probably why they pick on me too, because then they have a like, you know, it makes press. So it's like, if you have nothing going on in your life, pick on Larsa and then it's like a story behind it. Now, because I don't ever talk about anyone on our show, I have a great life. My life is so full that when I'm on the show, I want to talk about all the great things I'm doing. I don't want to talk about what you're wearing, like you know, it's my mind is not on that. But but then you have to defend yourself because someone is talking about you, and then you know, that's kind of where the cattiness comes in at.
Speaker 1: Who is the real Housewives of Miami villain? Who's the villain on the show.
Speaker 3: Do you really want me to answer that?
Speaker 1: Yep, Well, I know it's not you because you're the cancer and you're a lover and you don't like the cattiness, So it's not you. Ry Larsa, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't think there's really a villain on our show.
Speaker 1: Now we have Andy here, who is a huge, huge Real Housewives. He loves the franchise. He loves Real Housewives of Miami. Now, Andy, if I asked you who was the villain on Real Housewives of Miami, who would you say?
Speaker 2: You can be honest, I would say you moved the story along. But I think Adriana is the real.
Speaker 3: Villain, right, Okay, yeah that makes sense, just.
Speaker 1: Being honest, But she moves a story along, as you say, I.
Speaker 2: Think there's necessary things that are that you bring up that moves things forward.
Speaker 1: But not the villain. She's not the villain. Well, I wouldn't say the main.
Speaker 3: I mean I feel like for me, I just listen if I don't say the things I say, like who's watching, I'm the kind of person. Just if you see this cup and it's full of water, I'm gonna say, who left this cup?
Speaker 1: You're full of water, Like that's where it starts.
Speaker 3: It's there. So it's like I just pointed out and you know.
Speaker 2: You mentioned that you made the mistake. And I've done this before too, and I have admitted it, and it's been awful of reading comments Sometimes do you make a point not to read comments? And when you have done it, what has that been like for you?
Speaker 3: I mean, I normally do not read comments, but you know, I feel like it's the one percent of people that have nothing going on in their lives that are writing them. But the majority of the people don't think like that. The people that are that I care about, that are busy with their lives, taking care of their businesses, their kids, their their minds, they're not doing that. They're not writing all those bad, you know things on Instagram. But I don't really I'm not really phased by it, to be honest with you. And I don't really read them because I don't care.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: I feel like this is.
Speaker 2: Like getting that place i'd like to get. I'm not there yet. How do you get to a place where you don't care?
Speaker 3: You just have to start thinking about the people that matter and the people that care. And I feel like the people that genuinely are happy in their lives want to see other people happy, and the people that are miserable in their lives want to make you miserable and want to see misery on you. So for me, I'm not I'm not doing that. I'm killing it. Why would I even deal with those people? If anything, I'd actually want to hang out with them to help them, because I'm like a girl's girl or like, you know, I could help you. But I'm not necessarily like a hater. I've never been jealous of anyone. I've never like, I don't talk about anyone that's not my personality. I'm always ready to like uplift other women and like help any which way I can. So I feel like if you knew my real life, like I think on this show, it's hard because you're put with these women that you're really not best friends with and so and you know, things come up, and I think everyone's trying to stay on the show and do whatever they have to do to maintain their position on the show. Whereas for me, I'm like, I'm just living my life. I'm just living my life and that's all I can offer.
Speaker 1: You make a good point there. That seems very difficult. It's almost like everyone in the show. If you're not friends already, then you're showing up almost with strangers to a certain degree who are all competing. Stay on the show totally. That is a recipe for disaster.
Speaker 3: Well, that's what it is, and that's what you And then you have people that just watch that and they're like, oh my god, I love her. I'm like, if you only know our real life, you probably.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't Oh my god, So who are you friends? Who would you say? If you don't want to name names, that's fine.
Speaker 3: I feel like I feel like I'm really close with Lisa Justina. We've been friends, like from before I came back on the show. We've been friends for over a decade. I feel like we we hang out off the show. That's like, really, my really good friend.
Speaker 2: And how often when you all are filming, when you're together in groups and things get a little contentious, is alcohol involved.
Speaker 3: I'm not really like a heavy drinker. I'm like a girl. I probably have like one drink and I probably like babysit that one drink all night. I don't feel like on our show. There's not our show is not really that kind of show. I feel like some of the other franchises they have issues with alcohol. Our show not so much.
Speaker 2: Because I always wonder if people just get that liquid courage to say whatever they want.
Speaker 3: There's a couple of girls I like to drink. They like to drink, but I don't. I mean, I don't know. I feel like for me, I don't really like drink like that. So I'm never like out of character.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so what comes out of your mouth? You are intending I.
Speaker 3: Double down on it.
Speaker 2: That's exactly right.
Speaker 3: Are bad? I double down on it without alcohol. I'm like, I said, I'm sorry, but can we be friends tomorrow?
Speaker 1: You double down not on alcohol. What do you do on the alcohol?
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't know. I probably just fall asleep.
Speaker 1: Oh are there folks? And this again not putting you in a position to name names if you don't want to. But you said you don't know who's coming back for the next season of the show. Are there some people you would really hope don't come back, that they don't have back, that you wouldn't have to work with again?
Speaker 3: You know? I feel like when I think of a housewife, I think of someone that has a family, kids, a husband and ex husband, businesses are something like that. This is what I would want to see because I'm like, look, I want to see you know this lifestyle, and some of the people on our show don't necessarily have all that. So I feel like that to me is like when I think of a housewife, I think of you have these certain things, you know. So that's kind of my opinion.
Speaker 2: Well, I want to ask you one other thing too, because just with being in the headlines and everything that's been said and written about people, do you think you're misunderstood one thousand percent? And what are people getting wrong about you?
Speaker 3: I think they don't really know who I am, and I think they judge me based on my exterior and I think they think that like I'm a certain way because I'm not one of those people that's like I don't like to like play victim. That's not my personality. I feel like I would never play victim. My kids would never play victim. We're like built tough, we're built good, you know. So I feel like I can cry up a storm and tell you the worst things that I feel like some of the other people would do it, but I'm just not like that. I feel like I'm the kind of person that like can overcome anything and move on and do it in a way where I look good doing it, and that's kind of my personality. So yeah, if people want to hate on me based on how I look or how I dress or things they don't know about me, then that's okay. You know, they have a right to their opinion. I'm okay with it.
Speaker 1: As tough as you are that had to come through a lot of experience.
Speaker 3: Well, being married to an NBA player tw two years old, I feel like you're used to it, You're built like it. I've been in this lifestyle for a long time, and i feel like I'm not like one of those people that, like, you can say the worst things about me, and I'm not really a phased by it because I feel like I look at my kids, I look at my businesses, I look at my friends that are there like they would do anything for me, and I feel like that to me makes me feel good. I don't really care to like portray an image. There's so many celebrities that portray this image of like they're amazing and they're great because they have this big PR company and then when you really know them, you're like, they're a bunch of losers. They're losers. I'm like for me, I've literally every single year have like given back to charity since I was twenty one years old. My kids do stuff for charity. We love to give back. I'm very generous with my friends and my people. So to me, as long as I am living a life that's like fulfilled and like you know, that's all I care about.
Speaker 1: I wanted to use that word you don't get phased by it, but there have to be moments where you do get phased by something. What gets you there has to be I mean, you have friends and people you can lean on and talk to. You Do you do therapy? Where do you run? What is it that? Yeah? You no?
Speaker 3: I work. I don't believe in therapy for me because I'm like Middle Eastern, So I feel like my mom is my therapist. I have like a big family. I come from a family of five. They're in all my business. So I can't do one thing without my entire family calling me and saying why did you do that or what are you doing? So for me, that's like that's my safe zone. It's like my family my kids. But yeah, I feel like I work out every day that probably helps, and I strong myself with people that are strong, you know. I think it's like your tribe if you have a tribe of strong, independent women and men, and you know my family, my dad's really educated. I feel like, so if I need business advice, I go to my dad. If I need advice on my kids, I go to my mom. Like I have a great support system, and I think that's what like a lot of people lack. I think if you don't have a good support system, then you not going to feel good and you're going to feel like you're alone. And there's nothing worse than that. But for me, I feel like I have the best family. I have the like my friends are amazing, my business partners are amazing. I just I find myself like in places and I put myself in places with people that uplift me, and that to me is like my safe place.
Speaker 2: Do you think that there is strength in showing weakness sometimes though?
Speaker 3: Or No. I don't believe in weakness. I don't believe in that, Like I'm just not that person.
Speaker 2: I'm not.
Speaker 3: I feel like you can overcome almost anything and you can be someone that you want to be tomorrow. And for me, I'm just like, be who you want to be. You know, That's kind of how I live, That's how I train.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: I've taught my kids that they could be heard, or my son can have a game that's really bad, and I'm like, it's fine, you play your ass off. Tomorrow's a new day, go back tomorrow and we'll get it going. We don't really like, we're not one of those people that harps on losses. We don't do that. We're just like, all right, let's go to the next what's the next problem, what's the next goal. And that's kind of how if most people thought like that, people being much happier. I don't look back at like, you know, things in my past that didn't work out for me. I look at it like I make decisions. Even if it's the wrong decision, it's okay. I learned from it. So as long as I'm learning from it bettering myself than i'm winning.
Speaker 1: It sounds like you're you've been in this training since you were It sounds like a family thing. It sounds like it's just your upbringing. I have to read self help books, right and I was forty plus before I started. Some of the things that you're saying now make sense to me. If I was thirty four, I was like, what is she talking about? How does she do that? But it sounds like it's from but do you have? You don't have a guru, you don't read certain authors, you don't listen to certain podcasts, do nothing, nothing.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: I just feel like I'm like that. I'm very like positive and I feel like I just focus on positive things and God keeps blessing me just because I just have Like you know, I'm letting. I'm open to the universe with positive energy, not necessarily like, oh poor me, I didn't have a great relationship or my marriage failed. I don't look at it like that. I look at it like it was a great experience. I have four amazing kids. He's killing it. He's happy. I'm killing it. How we're big family, we're all killing it.
Speaker 2: Let's still kill it. I mean you're inspiring me, all right, you know, I mean I do. I do appreciate that, not wallowing and self pity and whymy and poor me, but instead taking it and saying how can I do better? It sounds like you are a hopeful person, which is an amazing thing to be able to have and to and to invest in and to give to your children. And I you know, Lord knows, you haven't had just this easy, blessed life where you've just been sailing through. You've been working your ass off, you've been dealt setbacks, but you just keep building it and going forward. And that's an incredible thing to be able to do and to give to your kids. So and thank you for sharing it with us. I love your attitude.
Speaker 3: It's not about the end. It's about like the journey, you know, And I love the journey. I'm really excited about the journey.
Speaker 1: And the next stop on the journey. He said, you're not sure, you don't know what's next on this.
Speaker 3: I'm on this and I love it and I'm happy and I like where it's going.
Speaker 1: Now we talk. We started this now, and we know your relationship status is single now by the time we actually post this podcast, is there any chance your relationship status it's going to change again, Larsa, and we're going to hear that you all have reunited, is there?
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 3: I'm not one of those people that says never because I never say never. But I don't know, you know, I don't know. I feel like right now I'm happy, like alone. I feel like I'm good. I just want to work on all my stuff. I just finish shooting another show. I shot three shows this year, so I feel like I'm busy. You know. I'm finally now like free to hang out with my kids, you know, spring break, and my twenty one year old son wants to go to like Italy, So I'm like, I'll take you to Italy's and the school's done. Like, I just want to hang out with my kids and focus on my family right now.
Speaker 2: I like that, But the door sounds like there's a crack.
Speaker 3: Never say no, he's a great guy. It's a great guy. I don't want to talk negative about him. I just feel like I'm just focusing on things that are like going to make me better, and you know, that's where I am.
Speaker 1: The last podcast you all did together was four months ago, and he said, actually, hence the title of our podcast, Separation Anxiety. We always want to be together. And you said, we're just used to being all over each other all the time. Now I heard that. If i'd heard that four months ago, I felt differently about it, but to hear how we go from that just a short time ago to not just a breakup, but you have a piece about the breakup in that four months that you go from that, because that sounded so great and hopeful in my forever, Like I was like, how do we get from there to here?
Speaker 3: You know, I think my personality is very what's the word. I think it's very forgiving. So I forgive and I forgive, and I forgive and I forgive until I realize there's no more forgiving. So, you know, I just feel like I'm in a place of like that's probably why, Like I'm like a relationship person with my friends, all my friends I've been from for over twenty years. Like I don't really have like, you know, friends that I don't have a relationship with. That's not my personality. I feel like I work on all my relationships and I always try to see the best in everyone. But at some point, Larcia's got to think about Larsa, and I felt like I was giving up too much of me, you know, And so that's kind of what it was.
Speaker 1: Are you hearing rogues The way I heard it is that it sounds almost like you stayed longer than you should have, Like there were things you saw, probably and probably yeah, you were trying, like you said, I tried.
Speaker 3: I really tried. I really tried. I tried for all the right reasons. And I feel like, you know, I really like I'm a romantic, like I want to make sure that, like you know, I communicate really well and I make sure everyone's good and you feel good. I do this with my kids every day and we have dinner, I'm like, how do you feel? Do you feel good? Do you feel solid? What can I do to make you feel better? What can you do to make you feel better? And so I feel like and I like to uplift people, but I feel like if I'm not getting it back, then it's you know, I just don't like it.
Speaker 2: So that's thus the piece, because you're at peace with with your decision, and maybe we'll see the larcinator, right, is that the larcen the larciness, Sorry, I said larcinator. L Oh my god, that's so funny. That's the larseness, the larsonest. I love that. But you know that I can feel that energy coming back. Stop laughing at me. I do this all the time. I say the wrong word.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I feel like I'm the larceness when I need to be. I'm like the bear that's always sleeping. We don't poke the bear too much.
Speaker 1: I had another question, but I'm afraid I might poke the larcinator.
Speaker 2: Feel free to use that. It's okay, I mean, it's fine. Don't have to credit me.
Speaker 1: We are going to get a patent on that. As soon as this it's over. We are going to trademark the hell out of that one. Oh my goodness. Really it is. It's a pleasure to get to talk to you and to meet you outside of a headline, because again, we all we know of you is what the headlines oftentimes read. I haven't tell you truth. I haven't seen all the seasons of the real high spots of Miami, so I didn't get a very good handle on you know, who's the villain and what role you play. But it is so amazing, and we love, love love doing this here, to bring someone in here and talk to them as a human being, as a mom first, as a business person first, and not as a caricature. And it's just it makes such a difference. And look, I would hate to think and I don't think you are. And you don't have a PR person in here. We have so many coming here.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's true.
Speaker 1: Sure people are sitting in the corner, just making my attorney right here. Yeah, I'm got Sophia right here, she's in the corner. But it is, it is a treat and it has absolutely been a pleasure to be able to talk to you in this way.
Speaker 2: Thank you, guys, Thank you so much for being with us.
Speaker 3: Lara, thank you for having me