Speaker 1: It's nine O gene one Engine with Jenny Garth and Tory Spelling.
Speaker 2: Amy. We missed you last week.
Speaker 3: I missed you, guys. I can I'll comment. I didn't think it was as bad as you guys did.
Speaker 4: Really we wondered what you would think. But Jen a bad score? No, and Jen filled in nicely. She was she was the super fan.
Speaker 3: I g I said it was one of the most boring episodes ever though, or something like that.
Speaker 1: I said that, yep, I've got a high score because of the because of the death.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, this is true.
Speaker 2: Okay, so give us like the two minute like recap of what you would have said.
Speaker 1: Wait, Amy, okay, tell us what you would think about last week's episodes since you weren't here.
Speaker 3: I'm very sorry I was not here. Also that all the people that reached out about my arm Jenny when I had arm, are you better? Yeah, I can totally raise my arm now. It was. It's a good episode with a drug ramatic turn. One of my main problems is tone, right, You're going so dramatic in one part and then other parts like don't fit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I would say.
Speaker 3: The acting was like maybe not at the top of the game.
Speaker 4: Who are we talking about?
Speaker 3: If it's us, please say, because I didn't think it was you guys.
Speaker 2: You know what she's gonna say, Oh no, it's really hard to like hard.
Speaker 3: To portray what all went down, and just parts I was just like, oh man, this is a lot to take in. It's just a lot to take in.
Speaker 2: And also did you like Dick's death though, I mean don't not like it.
Speaker 3: It's just aggressive, too aggressive.
Speaker 4: And it's also you can't un see it. Well.
Speaker 3: Also the fact that Steve save me some of that heroine Like, really, dude.
Speaker 4: I know Steve la'st what we said that would never happen.
Speaker 3: It was just too crappy doing drugs all of a sudden, and I just don't buy it. But dramatic turn. It leads me to this episode because I think we've got sort of an overall situation going on.
Speaker 2: Uh oh no, I agree. I know what she's going to say. Oh man, are we talking shark here? Now?
Speaker 3: We're yeah, we're like, we're not jumping the shark, but we're swimming with the shark.
Speaker 1: We're swimming with the shark.
Speaker 3: Something is happening and I cannot wait to get into this episode. Because there are some real problems in this.
Speaker 2: Episode, but we can make a comeback, right everyone, we have to just tell it.
Speaker 1: Let's tell everybody what we're doing, because she's ready to go. You guys, let's see our super fan is souped up.
Speaker 2: Give it a scory and maybe from last week before we go in.
Speaker 3: I'm still going to give that like a nine because of the shocking death, like like okay, you know, I rate it like real out of my gut, like here's what I'm feeling, and like.
Speaker 2: It was nappy.
Speaker 3: Wow, there's so much Wow. It's not like I was bored.
Speaker 4: If that last scene hadn't been in there, what would you have given it?
Speaker 3: Well, then it was just kind of messy. I just h Claire and Steve will get into that with this one. They are just so done so yeah, and the fact that like they're not just ending it yes is anyway, there's so much to digest in this episode, although I do have mad props to give to somebody, so stand by for that.
Speaker 1: Okay, we are going to talk about episode twenty two. This is called a Ripe Young Age. It aired March fifth, nineteen ninety seven. You guys, before you do the synopsis. I just realized that date. Yes, I must be pregnant.
Speaker 4: Oh I was what did you get married on that date?
Speaker 1: No, nineteen ninety seven is the year Luca was born?
Speaker 4: What date this aired in March? I don't.
Speaker 1: I can't figure that out.
Speaker 3: When I can? When was she born?
Speaker 1: Good question? Let me think, Yeah, you got the tour? Do you remember all your birthdays?
Speaker 3: You do?
Speaker 4: Okay, she's no, no, sorry, I was gonna know. I remember when you gave birth.
Speaker 1: June twenty ninth.
Speaker 3: Yeah, then you're definitely pregnant because you filmed this in January. So January, February, March, April, May, June, you're like a little bit pregnant.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I thought so.
Speaker 2: The opening of season eight, you had just had Luca.
Speaker 4: Okay, makes sense. We go to Hawaii and so now.
Speaker 3: We egleize McGee should be like looking to see if you're carrying grower. It's gonna be fun in a nice way, looking looking a little looking a little puffy. Maybe you're looking a little a little supping.
Speaker 4: She carried very well, okay. Synopsis.
Speaker 2: Don't and David take a trip to San Louis Obispo while Donna's Grahama takes a trip down memory lane, Valerie falls for an up and coming actor, while Kelly finds herself caring for a mysterious kid. Meanwhile, Brandon gets busy in the TV station control booth, while Steve's academic ambitions get a little sticky.
Speaker 1: Directed by Scott Poland Oh we liked him and written by Steve Wasserman. All right, what do you want to start with?
Speaker 3: I almost couldn't sleep last night because I was so ready to talk about this. Okay, first of all, a story, B story, that's how hard to tell here. We've just got abc D like it's just and there's no enough.
Speaker 2: It's just for rhythm, totally stories.
Speaker 3: Now my shout out. First, I want to start with this, Okay, mad props. Maybe a award thirty years later, an award should go to the casting director for this show. Because the fact that so many bit players, guests, ours, small roles, they these people became so famous. Matthew Perry, Hillary Swank mm hmm, Denise Richards, Christina Aguilera, Walton Goggins and who died who you don't know who Walton Goggins is. It's like the biggest star around right now. To make sure, he's like completely gonna win every emmy. What are you guys talking about?
Speaker 4: Second, he whitely relaxed. Who is this person?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, the one that had this, the one that had the scandal with the girl in real life?
Speaker 3: Yes, it is like the Hollywood right now. He's literally on multiple shows.
Speaker 4: When was he on our show?
Speaker 3: He played this, right, Mukan at a party in nineteen ninety two.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry I don't remember him.
Speaker 3: The reason I bring it up is Smith Jared, Like, are you guys not? We go not freaking out that that's Jason Lewis Smith Jared from Sex and the City.
Speaker 4: Right, But he did this before Sex and the City, Oh.
Speaker 3: Many years before. It's nineteen ninety seven. He wasn't on Sex and the City till like two thousand and two or three. So that's why I'm saying the casting person had a real eye.
Speaker 1: Yes, that wasn't still Tony was it? Who was casting at this point? Do you remember tour.
Speaker 2: So Tony was the head of casting for all of Spelling But who wouldn't have been for this show?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 4: Diane Young?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Wait wasn't she the cast?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: She was the script super But no, that was Valentine, Diane Valentine, I think Diane Young but then went on to be but he oversaw all of spelling shows. Maybe he was bringing in the big guns.
Speaker 3: All I know is.
Speaker 4: Wow, but my dad gave final approval.
Speaker 3: So it also Hillary Swank, like I know that's coming next season, but like Notton basically discovered Hillary Swank, but like, I was really happy to see Smith Jared, So we'll talk about that.
Speaker 4: Okay, what do you guys want to talk about for Let's start with that.
Speaker 2: I'm a little confused because a lot happened last week, so I thought it would trickle into this episode.
Speaker 4: But ladies, no, no, no.
Speaker 3: That doesn't happen.
Speaker 1: Remember, but this show used to be a serial show, Like it used to show the storyline would take a while to unfold, but now it seems very choppy. You're right.
Speaker 3: Oh, the fact that someone died in front of Steve and now he's making rubber cement has just got me like shook to my core.
Speaker 2: Yes, oh my god, unless there's going to be some reveal that he's this is his way of processing death, Like no, no, and what happened David Anne Valerie taking in the police station question that paparazzi like the photos going like fifty underrated whatever.
Speaker 4: Nothing so nothing.
Speaker 1: Nothing, the big article. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Both's not coming.
Speaker 1: Out unless they skip to another episode.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: But doesn't look like it.
Speaker 4: Doesn't. It feel like we skip to.
Speaker 1: Another episode, like another season.
Speaker 4: Yes, I feel like we missed one.
Speaker 3: Can we talk about the There's so many things in this episode that they're actually.
Speaker 1: A valor ridiculous acting. Her spotting the guy.
Speaker 3: Up front and that he recognized her voice. I know she stalked him and found his number. She doesn't say who she is.
Speaker 4: She literally says hi, and she just has so much compassion when he can't get in her face.
Speaker 1: Is hot because he's.
Speaker 3: Hot, He's super hot. He's freaking awesome. I actually feel their chemistry. But who what movie star is like?
Speaker 4: Oh, Hi, I mean for.
Speaker 3: Five seconds, would you like to come down to my workplace?
Speaker 1: Yes? But he's very he's very lonely. He doesn't get one there.
Speaker 2: You know, she's a hot young girl, like what why wouldn't he? Of course he'd be like come here.
Speaker 3: Of course she'd be like, okay, recognizing her voice just out of nowhere.
Speaker 2: Hi.
Speaker 4: Right, that was one of the big stretches.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, caller id nothing, and they claim he's going to be the next James Dean. And I was watching him do a dr for the kissing scene in the movie, and I was like, those are not James Dean kisses. I'm sorry, it's I don't think he can. And then I was like, are they? Is this based off of Luke Luke's real life? Like coming from you know where he came from? It seems like Luke was at the core and like he had a construction job and he came from you know, no, Tennessee. So I was wondering. But then I was like, I don't think so.
Speaker 4: I mean makes sense, makes sense.
Speaker 3: And I like it. I like him, right, So this is not even my least favorite storyline. This might be my favorite storyline in the whole thing. No, No, I like him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well who doesn't.
Speaker 1: He's dreamy, she's so hot.
Speaker 3: Did you not watch Sex in the City?
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh I don't remember, honestly, when Oh my.
Speaker 3: God, how do you not remember? He totally dated Samantha.
Speaker 2: And he's like he plays like the same character basically.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think I jumped around.
Speaker 1: I watched it once in a while.
Speaker 3: That's actually so funny, toy. He plays the exact same character Zaxon characters. What else has he been in? I don't know really, that's.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I'm really famous for Sex and the City. Was he in the first movie as well?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was in the first movie. Remember he's like the he's amazing in the first movie.
Speaker 2: That was kind of it, right, he was supposed to be the big Hollywood actor.
Speaker 4: And I don't know.
Speaker 3: He has a small cameo in the second one too. I'm seeing white lotus here. Okay, look Jason and Lewis and Goggins. You need to be looking Jason.
Speaker 2: Lewis, Jason Lewis, Sexy City.
Speaker 4: I know who Walton Goggins is now.
Speaker 1: I love him. I got it, I.
Speaker 2: Got you know, I love him.
Speaker 1: We don't know what Jason Lewis looks like now.
Speaker 3: Jason Lewis did this BBC Andrews like miniseries, I think on Lifetime. But he hasn't like worked that much since Sex and the City, which is like.
Speaker 4: Kind of I wonder why.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I feel like, and don't hold me to this that they felt there wasn't that much chemistry with him and Tiffany that there.
Speaker 1: Was a little street too. I don't know more than me.
Speaker 2: I'm wrong before I could be wrong, but there was a reason why the storyline kind of came to an end when it does.
Speaker 3: Anyway, he's hunky.
Speaker 2: They wanted to discover like the big new star, and it didn't quite lead to that.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm really good on sex in the City. There's not much more to talk about.
Speaker 3: Amazing no in this one.
Speaker 4: But wait, he just did you notice she paid for lunch? No?
Speaker 3: I did? I did. I did notice that she was signing her credit card.
Speaker 1: Why would he just he didn't even say anything, He just like let her take it without word?
Speaker 3: Did she maybe like set it up like on the club I'm gonna do lunch? I can't remember us.
Speaker 1: I mean the waiter did hand her the like the thing.
Speaker 3: I fully noticed she paid.
Speaker 4: Do you remember him and Tiffany getting along?
Speaker 1: How could they not get along?
Speaker 3: Like he's so cute.
Speaker 1: I don't remember him on the show, So I don't remember the relationship you.
Speaker 3: Can get on.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I don't know, But what do you think? Like, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I can't put my fingertips on it. But there's something, there's something, there's some backstory here, and I don't.
Speaker 3: Know what that he's dreaming.
Speaker 1: I want to know.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think he was supposed to go on to be a regular and be like the new discovered talent and it didn't go that direction, and I don't know why.
Speaker 4: Let's let's have him on and ask oh, could we ask? Asked, I'm on, Jason, Let's go see slide into his dmschen.
Speaker 3: He did four episodes, but he was maybe supposed to do like forever.
Speaker 2: I just remember hearing my dad talk about this actor they had discovered and he was going to be the next everything, and then it just all went away. So I'm not sure what happened. He was very nice. I know that we worked with him. He was he was fine. I just I don't know something happened.
Speaker 1: Well, how did you feel Amy about when Val turns into a realtor?
Speaker 3: I mean, first of all, at that point, I was so like, well, whatever he knew or by her five second high so whatever. Now she's finding a house that I thought wasn't great. I was like, no, yeah, great for that guy having a lot of dough for being a movie star.
Speaker 1: Maybe it reminded him of home.
Speaker 3: Right, Remember he needed a whole garage space for his tools.
Speaker 1: Plenty of room there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'll watch them with tools.
Speaker 2: I'll do that.
Speaker 4: H That guy's just a regular guy from Missouri.
Speaker 1: I don't know where he's from.
Speaker 4: But like Tennessee is so what they said.
Speaker 3: I don't know he's you get vibe. He's just from like middle of Nowheeresville. And then what he got the starring role.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's well.
Speaker 3: I thought his adr was good, So tell me about this. That was good.
Speaker 1: I was like, whoa exactly when I was watching that. When that's got, we call it looping. I don't know why we call it looping, but it's a dr where you ad you know, back where maybe there was like a scratch in the mic or something. You couldn't hear it very well. So they would have us go in and like re record some of our lines. And you stand up to that microphone just like he does, and they.
Speaker 4: Do those beeps. It goes beep beep, beep beep, and then your heart's just bounding while.
Speaker 1: Your words to your lips. It's really hard. It is so challenging, and you're in this like big black room and you're supposed to emote the same emotions. We had to do crazy adr where.
Speaker 4: Go crying scene screaming, like, oh.
Speaker 3: Is that something you have to do every single episode?
Speaker 4: Correct? Back then? I don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe they can pick things up better now. Back then I felt like every week we went in craft.
Speaker 3: And do you have to drive somewhere different? Yes, that would really be a pain in the butt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was. Every time they were like, we need you to come into a dr we'd be.
Speaker 4: Like, h wasn't it a CBS Radford the looping.
Speaker 1: Sometimes they had different spots I remember over in Hollywood too.
Speaker 4: Yes, you're right, you're right.
Speaker 1: It's super weers weird.
Speaker 3: It seems like the little thing. But being an actor, you really have to like drive somewhere like all the time every day. I'm really into work from home.
Speaker 4: That's like to carely act from home.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, show no brought back except.
Speaker 3: For that weird ice Cube movie. Right now, there's like the worst ice Cube movie where I thought it was going to be so good. I think it's about like, I don't know, it's kind of seemed like it was gonna be one of those sort of Independence Day type movies, but like it's literally shot like on Zoo and I'm like, is this the whole movie? I bugged out after ten minutes. I was like, this is so bad and even longory, isn't it too? Another nine O two one O person? I believe she was on nine oh two one?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Wait when what she was in the episode? I directed? And I actually cast her no, which she still remembers and gives me credit for.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: Hmm, should we switch to the rubber cement storyline?
Speaker 4: Sure, let's get it over with.
Speaker 1: I did not have one note on the storyline.
Speaker 3: I don't even understand this, you guys. I watched this episode twice because I'm not gonna lie. I fell. I fell asleep on the first go through, not because of the episode, but just.
Speaker 1: Because it was what.
Speaker 3: Tori's cat just came up and it literally reminded me of like like a fake cat. Like I was like, is that looks feak hi kitty kitty? So here's my question, what are we doing? What is he doing? And if it's a school, it's so inappropriate that Claire is dressed like the Maid and Clue French Maid. I liked that part obviously he created rupper cement. Good acting for her though, really making it seem like our hand was stuck. But then the part that I'm completely befuddled by is they go back to the wall shows and they're watching the video and then I'm just like, and.
Speaker 4: What is it going somewhere? An assignment?
Speaker 1: Is that I don't know, I don't marketing, maybe a marketing class or.
Speaker 2: I was triggered on the first scene when then he said the keys. Do you have the keys to the station? It's like keys, Oh no, oh, the key again?
Speaker 4: The key again. Because we've we've been had a spoiler alert.
Speaker 1: Someone told us. I can't remember who it is, but there's going to be another Lorraine. It's going to be another Steve school Handle And I'm just.
Speaker 4: Clinched, like is this it? Is it starting?
Speaker 5: Clinched, clinched, clinch, just don't get it, Like we've got this weird Brandon and Trace making out and then.
Speaker 3: Her big racy, let's go back. Isn't that her name? Trace?
Speaker 1: Tracy?
Speaker 3: Nobody called her Trace all the time? Works. Then her big fantasy is let's go back to the station and finish what we started whatever, But Claire and Steve are like presenting the video and I'm like, what is there a payoff? Like, it just is nothing.
Speaker 1: There's no rhyme or reason. And he should still be grieving.
Speaker 4: Totally, should still be grieving. He hasn't grieved at all.
Speaker 1: No, he did at the end, right after it happened. He grieved and then it went away.
Speaker 2: I did like that sweater that blue, like mock turtlenet turtlenet chunky sweater. I like that on him, you liked.
Speaker 3: I did like it.
Speaker 4: Actually, Wow, I know the words you've never said before.
Speaker 2: I know, I understand. But it was like a not even a mock turtle. It was barely there chunky though blue. I liked it, Okay, it was like it was just me like a Lucian Desi moment, right, That was the whole shtick with Claire and Steve. But it just didn't.
Speaker 3: But and it's always a tiny bit inappropriate. There's always like a hint of being weird.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I'm just like, oh, God.
Speaker 3: Like her costume is weird. His weird jokes. I was like, is he trying to be helf? That's what I was like, is he trying to like that? I don't know with the makeup talk about with them this episode.
Speaker 2: I just remember that the male writers, older ones were really into Claire.
Speaker 4: This is true. Yes, so they made her do things.
Speaker 2: Like I think I think so, like the experience you had on Mystery Girls, like when you say into her, you know, like weird, like they thought she was cute.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think they were in hooker by her, like beauty in her.
Speaker 2: So we'll do storylines where she might or might not be in dress up Yeah.
Speaker 1: Dress up contress. Oh man, Yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't get it. And Brandon, I don't know why he's helping him again.
Speaker 2: Wait is it going somewhere next episode? No, I don't think so. It's so ridiculous. He just like made glue, but why for what? For his marketing class? So it's school related, Yeah.
Speaker 3: School related, and which makes it weird or then he's like being so inappropriate? Can we switch to the most ridiculous storyline of the episode, which.
Speaker 4: Is wine Jenny Garth, But I'm being the small child on your patio.
Speaker 3: And essentially kidnapping him, like nobody in their right mind is like, there's a child on my patio. Fake patio scene ever, By the way, Oh, clearly that was shot in a studio, No.
Speaker 4: On our set. Yeah, and they just had blue paper that they pulled.
Speaker 3: Particularly bad, right with like a bad cotton balls to make clouds really really bad. But nobody's like, you know what I'm gonna do. I'm going to take this kid into my house. I'm going to drive him all around town. I'm going to take him to the peach pit. And immediately I'm like, it's nineteen ninety seven, Like I think you're kidnapping him. Like that would be so not okay, Like you'd be like, hey, I'm going to help you, but I'm immediately going to call the authorities.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what Claire recommended. Who does he look like?
Speaker 3: He looks sort of like a mini Steve, I thought. And he had a like kind of mullet going. Yeah, he actually had the hairstyle the kids are wearing today.
Speaker 2: Wait, sorry, that that's it. When I watched it, I thought he looked like Steve. So I thought Steve like it was going to pay off the storyline that he was grieving and maybe the kid was going to bring back memories and Steve was going to help him out.
Speaker 3: It was crazy.
Speaker 1: Oh wait, you said the patio lote fake, but I want everybody to know that the plants were real.
Speaker 3: Oh that is a great note because it's the background that looks so fake.
Speaker 4: It's like, just no one side.
Speaker 1: You can't shoot towards it.
Speaker 3: No, it looks so bad. But I just was like, what is happening? Then he goes into like I don't know wherever you go with the police, not police custody, but like you're being handled and they lost him.
Speaker 4: They lost him? How did they can't keep him there?
Speaker 2: He just got out.
Speaker 3: They walked out of the house without his backpack. That bothered me. I was like, take his backpack?
Speaker 1: Why would they?
Speaker 5: Why?
Speaker 1: How could he get out of like social service custody?
Speaker 4: You can't hello, where's this going?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 4: It's continuing, it's continuing. What oh yeah, don't say that.
Speaker 3: He's gonna find you. He finds you again. The whole thing is.
Speaker 4: Bonkers, bonkers.
Speaker 1: I don't want Kelly to be found.
Speaker 3: It so bonkers. There's this guy on Instagram I wish I knew his name who makes fun of weird episodes of TV, and this one should be he should do it because it's just totally bizarre. How can he survive?
Speaker 1: That he's so little, like how did he survive well?
Speaker 4: From Phoenix to Los angeless a bus? Like what wait, what's going to happen?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: He comes back and they probably find his mom and it's.
Speaker 4: All fine, Oh you said bonkers. I thought something cool.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: I just think it's crazy that, like this is our storyline, Like why maybe because you're pregnant and you just told everybody and they wanted you to be motherly because he's like, you'd be a great mom and you're like, tell my mom.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess they were giving me practice.
Speaker 4: They were like, let's get her warmed up to being a mom.
Speaker 2: Let's give He looked great in those overalls, though, I want her for those like linen overalls.
Speaker 4: It they were corduroy heavy, they were good.
Speaker 1: I remember.
Speaker 3: For me, I'm picturing a bunch of writers in a writer's room being like, we've been doing this for seven years? What else can we do? Because then we go to the next storyline and also what.
Speaker 1: Does Kelly do with her life? Like why she's just always at home? And like, oh, so she finds a kid on the porch and then she spends two days with them, doesn't she have any plans or life of her own, so she can just drop everything and and.
Speaker 3: Not think that there's like what, nobody's just taking in a kid?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know. And also the weird part is that the episode ends on that storyline, like really, that's right, that's.
Speaker 3: A dumb that's our big cliffhanger.
Speaker 4: Whose kid? Was he? Somebody's kid?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 4: Why this storyline?
Speaker 3: I literally am telling you. I think they sat in a room and we're like, we don't know what to do that she can't be they crap up?
Speaker 4: This is crazy. Then it's crazy.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe it will come in more to focus when we see where it goes next.
Speaker 4: He's forty now that kid.
Speaker 1: Wait, we have to talk about the Donna Davis storyland because it's so good. This is a really good part of the show. You didn't like it, I could tell by No.
Speaker 3: I like it a lot. I like it a lot?
Speaker 1: Right, I mean, but is it?
Speaker 4: Does it start out for you?
Speaker 5: That?
Speaker 1: Okay? That is clearly a picture of actually Donna and d so crazy.
Speaker 2: We are not stupidest problem with it.
Speaker 4: And you think you think he looks like me?
Speaker 2: It is you first of all, we how cute is June Lockheart great?
Speaker 3: She is amazing. She for people that are wondering, he's correct. Lassie. She did two hundred and eight episodes of Lassie and the six episodes of Petticoat Junction, and then it wasn't about one million episodes of everything else. Yeah, why did I think she was normal? Because you are thinking of I believe Angela kurt Right. No, June Lockhart was in Lost in Space. I just don't know how many episodes she did. Let me find out. She definitely did like jobs of Lassie episodes. Let's see how many episodes.
Speaker 4: I knew her from when? Because when she came once, I don't know.
Speaker 1: But that wouldn't be a dream job to be on Lassie. I would have liked that. It's to play opposite a dog.
Speaker 4: In June twenty fifth this year, you guys, she turned one hundred.
Speaker 3: No, it's amazing. She did do eighty four episodes of Lost in Space. Also, sorry, she was on there the whole time.
Speaker 4: No, she's one of the Okay sisters.
Speaker 3: But I know he's like, No, she's Maureene Robinson. Yeah, I think she might have been the mom. She's the mom. I thinks missus Robinson.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I just felt like the story started out and I was like, Donna and David seem miserable, Like why are they going anywhere together in that geep because they just don't look like they're having a good time.
Speaker 4: I didn't know what was going to happen, but I was like, did we have a fight off camera or something?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 4: It just started? Is the last episode you guys left kissing?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 4: Was that the last back?
Speaker 3: She runs to him?
Speaker 1: I chose him, and then they're just all like depressed and angry h other.
Speaker 3: Well, I think we're supposed to think that it's all about like because missus Martin doesn't like him and this is a real problem, and how are we going to deal with this?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 3: My question is, if Grandma has that very beautiful house in San Luis Obispo, why are you staying in the grossest motel six of all time?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they both have money. It's weird. I remember filming that.
Speaker 3: Set that this set design was very good at this Yeah.
Speaker 2: It was on our set, it wasn't I love it.
Speaker 1: How do we feel about ginger snaps? I'm just curious, is that as a common grandma snack, Like when you go to grandma's house, they gave ginger snaps.
Speaker 2: Are you asking me that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't that's alive.
Speaker 2: One of the writers must have said, my grandma always gave me ginger snaps.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, but you're dancing in your costumes and your hair and your makeup. I loved every second of it. I was sucked in. I wanted to watch a whole movie about Donna in that era. I really did.
Speaker 2: They always, the writers and producers always would say to me like, oh my gosh, with your eyes now, your hair dark, like you should have been an old movie star.
Speaker 4: And they would always say like Clara Bell and like you know from the Ford.
Speaker 2: I don't know, so, but this is so much inspired by like my dad was in World War Two. He had that near fatal accident, never flew again, So there's a lot of pull from that with I.
Speaker 3: Thought so too. Yeah, there was a lot of that. I noticed.
Speaker 1: How do you think that happens? Because like, the writers are doing their thing and your dad's been a whole different, you know, part of the city doing his thing, And how do you think that Like stuff from his life got into the writer's room.
Speaker 3: They're doing it on purpose as like a wink.
Speaker 2: But you tell to no, no, no, I agree, I mean because they all know his story and everything. And I'm sure just you know, rubber Cement in World War two, Aaron I was.
Speaker 3: The timeline track that they didn't mess up. The timeline, like all the dates worked. That would be when your dad was born. All that worked, because that would have been a bummer if they like had the history wrong. I felt like they did do a good job there.
Speaker 1: It was so devastating though, when she kisses him goodbye and she says I'm pregnant.
Speaker 3: I know, we know.
Speaker 1: She says, I never saw him again. It was so Titanic.
Speaker 2: I loved it, right, Titanic mixed with like the notebook. Oh yeah, I loved all those costs.
Speaker 3: That's all I know.
Speaker 4: I bet.
Speaker 1: However, did you have to learn that dance or what?
Speaker 2: Oh my god? So a choreographer came and then Louis Yes was our stand in.
Speaker 4: Our stand in?
Speaker 2: And also was was he in Soul Train or like remember he was? He was, but I really never he was a pro dance great, but he was a pro dancer in like his early years, and so he they had somebody and then he did.
Speaker 4: All the moves with us as well.
Speaker 2: I just remember Brian and I practiced for so long and we had all these like flips.
Speaker 4: Brian and I could still.
Speaker 2: Do the like one where he picks me up and puts me on one side the other side and then I split into the middle. But I remember we filmed all day and it was super hot, and I was feeling really sick that night that they didn't get to that scene, the dancing scene, until it was like after midnight that night, and we had been like filming everywhere, and when we went to do it, I did some of it but felt like I was going to pass out.
Speaker 4: So I think the big flip and everything they've cut, she just gets whatever was there. It was fun to watch.
Speaker 3: My only beef is that your nail color as Donna was exactly the same nail color.
Speaker 4: There's no time to change it your.
Speaker 3: Grandmother, And I felt like they show, oh my god, you noticed that.
Speaker 4: That's hilarious.
Speaker 1: Well it makes sense because she's holding the letters a lot, but yeah, I mean, yeah, it is really hurt. So I mean, according to the picture, it's just Donna.
Speaker 2: That was the part where I was like, the red nails, that's what, that's what staying off the deep end in the set, the shark right there.
Speaker 3: Well, and also just like I almost think it would have been I don't know, because I get why they had you and and Brian playing the grandparents, but it was just a little bit hard for me to like to not realize like maybe I needed I don't know, Jason Priestley makeup like he played the jewelry guy. I don't know. That was a little bit for me, Like, I don't know, I really.
Speaker 1: So apparently I think I'm jumping back to one thing, but I wanted to tell everybody that the house that the guide the actor guy buys, oh yeah, it's in Eagle Rock and it's still there.
Speaker 3: And does it look like that has it been redone?
Speaker 1: I don't think so from the looks of this picture. Come over with his hammer and nails. But wait back to you because I just thought, like, okay, Grammy just gave you the okay basically to do the deed.
Speaker 4: I now, I think was that like the.
Speaker 1: Deciding factor for Donna because it seemed pretty leading to like I'm going to do it and.
Speaker 2: IP, yeah, yeah, I know. All I kept thinking is where's that cross that'd be worth a pretty penny? Maybe Iron has its kidding. I'm just saying that because he always talks about having things and having we have nothing, and we have nothing. Oh my gosh, my.
Speaker 4: Gosh, it was good.
Speaker 1: I enjoyed that part so much.
Speaker 4: So great job.
Speaker 2: I have to admit, though this episode my storyline, I had built it up way more in my head. So I was super excited to reconnect and see it again with fresh eyes. And I was a little let down. Why this episode mattered so much to me and it stood out to me over these thirty years in such an impactful way, and watching it back, I guess in my mind it was a bigger storyline and more happened.
Speaker 4: Why do you think it was so impactful? I don't know. That's what I'm trying to search for. I don't.
Speaker 1: I think it gave you, as an actress, opportunity.
Speaker 4: To show that side of you and to show your.
Speaker 1: Channge, like to show you that you know, I think everybody wants to do a period piece like that's true now and so I can get I get that.
Speaker 2: And I'm just such a believer in love that. I think it was like such an old time movie I would have watched and been in love with when I was that age, So I think that has always stayed with me.
Speaker 4: It was the Notebook basically, yeah, before the Notebook, correct, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, yeah, the Notebook. I don't know when the book was written early two thousands, right, I mean it's not totally the Notebook because it's not you picking two people, but it's a vibe.
Speaker 1: The letters, and yeah, I liked it so much. Though, Wait, what do you guys give this episode?
Speaker 2: Do you?
Speaker 4: I think I looked a little bit like June Lockhart, don't you think?
Speaker 3: No, you looked like you for sure, but you were you? You exactly were you.
Speaker 4: But then when I looked at her face sitting there, I'm like, I could see, yeah, I see they think yeah, Amy. I was telling Jen last week that I.
Speaker 2: Kept it's somewhere here a polaroid of me and June Lockhart, and I never took it was polaroids back then, but I never sad pictures with guest cast or anything. But I loved working with her so much. She was so kind and it felt like such a real connection, and I guess I wanted that gramm. I never My grandparents died when I was really young, so I never had that.
Speaker 4: And it went so much.
Speaker 2: And I kept that polaroid through my entire life, like it always moved with me.
Speaker 4: It would go in my bathroom. I have to find it's here somewhere.
Speaker 3: But yeah, she also seemed very like she did not need that cane, like, because I think about it, if she's one hundred now, thirty years ago she was seventy. I mean that lady's amazing.
Speaker 2: She did not see I went back and looked, and I was like, yeah, no, seventy. Wow, she wasn't like that. She was feisty and fun and such an amazing woman.
Speaker 1: Well, well, seventy is the new fifty now, so.
Speaker 3: She's one hundred.
Speaker 4: What do you guys rate it?
Speaker 3: Nine? Eight point five? Seven?
Speaker 4: Do you get finally it's settling into seven?
Speaker 2: Okay, you said you go with your gut always and then you just changed it three times.
Speaker 3: Told me I was definitely overstating it.
Speaker 4: I would give it.
Speaker 1: I want to give the part that I loved, which was the throwback stuff, a ten, but I want to give the rest of it like a seven.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's unfortunately to your storyline. That's also really dragging it down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sorry, guys.
Speaker 3: It's just so bizarre.
Speaker 2: It was the kid, it wasn't you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you played it well, you played it well.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 2: Now I feel the need to have to like up it because you guys have gone down. But I'm going to settle at an eight.
Speaker 1: I think you should give it a ten because it meant so much to you and you should just acknowledge that, be proud of it, own it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, thank you, Okay, ten, give it a ten.
Speaker 4: Ten. Okay, what have we got next week?
Speaker 3: Something crazy, something unhippen.
Speaker 4: Let's hope it gets a little bit better. Yeah, I missed crazy on this show, like soap us up.
Speaker 1: Let's see we have a storm warning episode twenty three. Ooh, I like storms.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's always good when when fluids are involved.
Speaker 3: That kid's definitely back, Oh, the little kid.
Speaker 1: What about the Hondey guy, the actor boy, he's bad Jason Lewis, Yeah, he's going back.
Speaker 3: He's around for like four episodes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't I just don't want to see the kid again. No offense, kid, but like I don't know, I was boring.
Speaker 3: He's back.
Speaker 1: Well, that's it for this episode. You guys, hope you had a good time with us today.
Speaker 4: Bye bye,