Speaker 1: Welcome back to a Numbers Game podcast of Ryan Gerdowski. Thank you all for being here again for this Thursday episode. Before I bring up my main topic about the LA riots, I want to talk with some quick numbers for my audience to chew. On Tuesday was the primary in New Jersey's governor's race. This is one of two governor's races happening this year or the other in Virginia, Democratic Congssman Mickey Cheryl was the victor and her party's primary. She won thirty four percent in a record high election. Was a very crowded feel full of very highly qualified Democrats, while the former Republican nominee from twenty twenty one, Jack Chittarelli, won the GOP primary, taking about sixty eight percent of the vote, very impressive. Chittarelli won every county in the state. He was easily the favorite. Ironically, it was a very high turnout for his primary as well, even though he basically had locked up the nomination weeks ago. Cheryl once again had a packed feel full of opponents and she was running basically second. In every single came counties she won either first or second, so that's how she was able to beat out everybody. There was pockets that it supported a state senator in the south, in southern Jersey, there was pockets that supported mayors over in the suburbs of New York. So she managed to win. Where she didn't win first place, she won second place everywhere, powering her victory. So it's really exciting for both those campaigns. Cheryl had also the backing of county parties, which in New Jersey really means something because it's one of the last few states that really has a machine infrastructure. And she was also supported by a pack called Emily's List, as well as several former Democratic governors of the state. Okay, let me talk about the numbers of the state ahead of the general election. And I'm going to talk about this election again before November, but it's because it's, you know, one of only two, so we're going to be talking about it. Democrats sat up this race with an eight hundred and twenty seven thousand person voter advantage. There's eight hundred and twenty seven thousand more registered Democrats than Republicans in the Garden State. So that strength means that they're going in this as the favorite. They have the advantage walking into this, but the strength of the Democratic Party in New Jersey is not what it used to be. Obviously, everyone was surprised that Trump managed to get within six points of winning New Jersey and Chittarelli was in three points of winning the governorship back in twenty twenty one. Back in twenty twenty, right before the last governor's race, Democrats had a one point zero two seven million, almost one million, thirty thousand person voter advantage. They lost about two hundred thousand net voters to Republicans since the last election, and they only won the last election by eighty four thousand votes. So why Republicans have a real chance to win the Garden State for the first time since since Chris Christie back in I think tw and nine twenty thirteen, that was his reelectionlic have done a steady job at decreasing democrats voter advantage every month for four years. For every month for the last four years, there have been more new registered Republicans regis Democrats. Since December twenty twenty, Republicans have gained a net one hundred and seventy nine thousand new registered voters, while Democrats have lost about seventy three thousand voters. The other big thing in New Jersey why this is different than the last government election is there are more registered independents than Democrats in the state. All told, the state has about two point five million independents, two point four to five million Democrats, and one point sixty two million Republicans. Whoever can win a broad selection of independence wins the governor's mansion. And once again, I'll be back about New Jersey later on the year. We'll talk about polling data when it comes out. There's like essentially no polling data right now, so I'll talk about it as it comes out. As we have more information. Maybe I can get some of the campaigns on I would love to sit there and even here from Democrats about they're feeling in the Garden State because they've definitely lost traction in a state that they needed. Jersey ever becomes a real swing state like the way Georgia is or Nevada, and Republicans can win it. Democrats are in trouble nationwide. Remember, Jersey has been a consistent Democrats states since nineteen ninety two, but from nineteen sixty eight to nineteen eighty eight it was a reliably Republican state. So it's not like it's unheard of that they're a party that their state would be in contention. Okay, So now for the main topic of the show, I want to talk about LA. At the height of the George Floyd riots, it was known as the Summer of Love. Well, five years later, summer twenty twenty five, it can be known as the Summer of Ice. Anti immigration and force and rights have broken out in several major cities, including New York, Atlanta, San Diego, Minneapolis, Glendeal, Arizona, San Francisco, San Antonio, Austin, Dallas, Chicago, and La. The riots in LA have set parts of the city of blaze and have become the epicenter of the anti immigrant riots in the country. It all began on June sixth, when immigration officers executed a search warrant. This is important because a federal judge from Los Angeles gave the okay to federal ICE agents to conduct this search. Why you don't hear the same conversations from the left about this as you did from like Maryland, man was all the courts were given the okay. There was no abuse of power on the part or even accusations of abuse of power on the part of Democrats. When it came to the initial search warrant, judges gave the okay. They said you could look into four businesses suspected of hiring illegal aliens and most importantly, falsifying business records. Word broke out across social media, alarming activists to the raids and asking them to show up at home depots and ambience stores to protest ICE, where they began throwing rocks at federal agents and even throw a few rocks at media outlets. Media outlets were getting pelted with rocks in some of these videos. For the last few days, protesters have shown up across downtown LA setting cars on fire, especially self driving cars. I don't know if this is because self driving cars are not programmed to I guess they're maybe because they're programmed not to hit pedestrians, so they don't even They just sit there and they're easy targets.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm just questioning that now thinking about this and attacking police officers and ICE agents. The riots caused President Trump to call in two thousand National guardsmen in another two thousand troops. It's important to note that despite the chaos. Every Democrat governor in the country condemned President Trump's action for calling the National Guard, saying it was an abuse of power. Congress on Maxine Waters, who's known as a beacon of sanity in this country. So there was no evidence of violence at all, even though there were tons of videos everyone could watch of cars being set on fire and law enforcement agents being forced to cower under a bridgehile they were being pelted with concrete debris. Hundreds of protesters have been arrested so far, several having guns, one had an illegal, one an legal alien, and having a Molotov cocktail he's preparing to throw at law enforcement. One independent journalist, Cam Higbee, who I'm hoping to have on the podcast about this, he's been in downtown LA though this entire thing. He asked, mes that there's tens of millions of dollars of damages, because when you have left wing activists protesting, you eventually will have them rioting stores. And they've broken into Apple stores, they set a parking a lot of blaze. There have been many attacks on businesses, not just on police officers, which of course they've got to cause damage to the police equipment as well. This is all part of President Trump's effort to make goodness promise for mass deportation, which has scaled up significantly lately. On June four, twenty twenty five, President Trump had his single biggest day for deportations, around twenty two hundred arrests. Looking at these protests, it's obvious that some are protesters aren't just illegal aliens, you know, seeing their family members being rounded up and being upset. This is coming from left wing activists who are planning and in my opinion, arming some of these people with bricks and molotov cocktails and other weapons. I like at least a few people have been charged with illegal gun possession. The sight of illegal aliens waving Mexican and Palestinian flags while they're be demanding American law be skirted and ignoring American sovereignty is enraging, and I can't help but think it emboldens Trump's face into supporting mass deportations. If there's any wishy washy Republicans out there, all they have to do is see a massed illegal alien waving a Mexican flag on top of a burned police car to get their blood boiling as they hear CNN sit there and say these are mostly peaceful protests. I can't imagine that is not enraging to the average American, especially the average Republican and moderate Republicans are the ones who are always willing to bend the knee and to sit there and give in at the demands of the left and sit there and say, maybe they'll like us more than Mendi will like a more iph We just do this. But I'm not on the ground in LA, and I've not witnessed these protests personally, or am I studying the protests specifically. But our next guest is a journalist who's been following the rights very very closely, So he's coming up next, I guess today is Spencer Linquist. He's an investigative journalist for the Daily Wire and he's been covering the rights in LA. Spencer, thanks for being here.
Speaker 2: Thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: So my first question is there seems to be that part of these riots, especially in Los Angeles, are organic. You know, you see like the overweight Mexican illegal alien throwing stuff at cop cars, and then there's some of it that seems to be organized as far as the leftist organizations in there and saying come here, you know, to protest, ice agents and the police. What can you tell me about the organizational aspects.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so there's a wide range of different organizations that are involved in these protests, and I had to report earlier this week we're honed in on a couple of those, and these are really radical organizations. You know, we're used to seeing the communist groups, we're used to seeing Antifa, were used to seeing groups that oftentimes openly call themselves Marxists. But what I think is very interesting by this situation is that it isn't just these standard left wing groups that Americans have unfortunately become very familiar with over the course of the last several years, you know, even since twenty fifteen, twenty sixteen, when they really became active at the start of the of the Trump era. What we're seeing now is organizations that in effect really are calling for Mexico to retake part of this country. That they're calling for the southwestern states, Texas, New Mexico, California, Arizona to really be retaken. And they're viewing this not in the traditional just left right paradigm. They're seeing this actually as a revenge really for the Mexican American War. That is really the framing that a lot of these groups have taken. So we looked at multiple organizations. One is called a Centro Cso, another one is called Union in del Barrio, and both of these organizations they have this symbol. It's called Atslam and this comes from the Lazza movement. Larrazzo, of course means the race. It is an openly racial movement, an openly racially motivated movement, and this symbol. They actually have a flag that we showed online, and it's a flag of these lower States, these southwestern states, as their own nation, as potentially part of Mexico. So we're seeing these organizations again, these organizations that the American people really aren't familiar with up until now. But these are all kind of Chicano activist groups, Mexican activist groups, and what they're doing really is they're engaging in activism in the United States on behalf of not only their specific sectional, factional ethnic interests, but potentially even on the base of the national interests of foreign powers like Mexico.
Speaker 1: You know what's so interesting about the Loraza movement. I don't know if you know this, but you know that the Castro brothers walking and it's the other congressman's name. It's Joaquin Castro, and his brother's name is Julian Castro. Julian was in the Obama and the Obama administration as a housing an urban urban housing department. Their mother, Rosie, was a central organizer with the Lazza movement. I think back in the seventies, if I'm not mistaken, in his sixties. So they go back a very very long time in this. I haven't actually paid attention to what they've been saying about it, but they are steeped in the entire Larazza effort. And this has been dating back decades. This isn't a new thing. I mean, it's not as well known, but this is this is not a new thing. Do you know anything about but the origin of the Loraza movement.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm not too familiar with the specific backgrounds of those congressmen, but I do know quite a bit about this, the milieu really that that has fostered this type of activism. I grew up in San Jose, California. You know, it's an area where there's a really really high immigrant popular and when I was covering protests there, even just as a high schooler's eighteen nineteen going to some of these protests, and we would see the brown Berets. They'd be running security at a lot of these groups. And that's some form of offshoot from the Lauraza movement. It's you know, one of the factions within it. And this again, this is an ethnically racially motivated group. These aren't the typical organizations like just Antifa or some of these other Marxist organizations. And what we're seeing right now in Los Angeles is there's kind of this perfect storm for these activists that they've been organizing for years on the basis of this identity. And now you have mass immigration, it's hidden apex. Now you have a foreign class within the United States, particularly within Los Angeles, maybe more than any other city in the country arguably, and there is this marriage really between these organized forces, these highly ideological forces like Union del Barrio and Centro Coso and various other Larraza organizations. And then you also do just see this organic sense. You've got people who are flying the Mexican flag there. Of course, they don't have any form of loyalty in the United States. This is something I think that really puts to bed one of the big sacred cows that the left is touted for really several decades, and that is the idea that diversity is our greatest strength.
Speaker 2: That's something that we've heard endlessly. The argument.
Speaker 3: It's really ridiculous on his face, but it goes something like this. The idea is that if you pack as many differences as you can into the same political body, as many different languages, racial and ethnic backgrounds, national origins, religions, as many different cultures and customs, if you pack as many different differences into the same political body, that somehow that is going to result in a peaceful and prosperous society. That's something that people on the right of well, we've already been highly skeptical of. But what we're seeing now in Los Angeles, I think really puts that to rest. It really kills that sacred cow on the left. But we've seen really in actuality. What happens is that we've a fifth column that we've imported into this country. They're waving the flags be foreign nation as they're attacking federal law enforcement. Simply what's going on in Los Angeles Is people are trying to enforce the law. These are laws that have been on the books for years. Unfortunately, they haven't been enforced with any seriousness until now. And what we're seeing is the American government can't even enforce its own laws without a foreign class really revolting against it in one of our largest cities.
Speaker 1: You know, it's always interesting that they throw in the Palestine flag as well as the Mexican flag, because it's what it essentially is is a anti colonial movement in their version of colonialism. It's very a part of their race Marxism ideology cross section. But there seems to be a lot of people a lot of tactics that are similar between the twenty twenty protests during the George Floyd summer where there's just bricks everywhere and they're breaking up concrete to throw them at police. They've rated Apple stores and other stores, which you know, nothing says we support illegal aliens like rating an Apple store. What have you seen as far as attacks like violence goes, especially against law enforcement. What are some tactics that have been used.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we've seen really a range of different a range of different violent actions. Of course, there's some pretty infamous video now of you know, people throwing.
Speaker 2: Blocks of concrete or rocks.
Speaker 3: Even limescooters, which if you've ever rode one of those, that they're pretty heavy, and these are our items are getting tossed off the side of a highway overpass on to cop cars. You know, it's almost miraculous that some of these police weren't getting, you know, hit with these. A lot of that damage was to the cars themselves. You saw these windshields being broke, and of course there's been these way moos that have been lit on fire. So there's a number of different disruptive tactics and it really is reminiscent of what we saw in the BLM summer where there was riots all across the country. And I think you're right to hone in on that form of anti colonial rhetoric that they used. One of the organizations that looked into Union del Barrio they speak that exact language of anti colonialism, and really their overarching goal is they call it Nuestra America New America, and what they want to do is they it's a it's a movement really across borders, and they want to reconquer the United States for for indigenous people, that that is their movement, and they say they're fighting back against European colonialism, fighting back against the archetypal Anglo settler. So they're they're viewing this in explicitly racial and ethnic terms, and mass migration, it should be noted, is is really what they see as their tool for reconquering the American Southwest and perhaps beyond mass immigration, something that we've been told is a blessing. It's something that apparently makes our country stronger, a fur more secure. We've been told all these lies. These left wing organizations view the first step in the reconquering of America to be mass migration, and that's why they're fighting against these deep ortations so hard, and in many cases these protesters are fighting back violently.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, it's so funny, is I wasn't super political in my youth. I guess I kind of had always a little bit of it. But then I in two thousand and seven or six, I went on a family vacation where there was like no I mean there was barely an intern to begin with, but there was like no television period, and I read a lot, and I read one of pap Buchanan's books, and he was mentioning I think it's the first reason I ever read who mentioned any of this stuff. And it's just incredible that it's been twenty something years later, and I think the book was ten years old at the time, and now it's really come to the forefront. I don't imagine that this has broad support within the Latino community, though mass deportations may be increasing. Is the goal here to have like the goal for the Black Panthers was to have a radical revolution, but they ever had humongously broad support amongst the American in the left. They were never denounced, but they were never only huge support. I guess this so Soldier was denounced, but that was about it. The Is the goal here to have broad support among the Latino American community that is moving to the right fashion in any other community, or is it just to have just to really make a staple within progressivism and in the Democratic Party is to say no, this is what you're what your police are. Because I think maybe I'm wrong, did anyone besides John Fetterman condemned this yet? I don't think. I think John Vernermon was the only one as far as I know, it could as far as democratic elected officials.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that's the really the high profile democratic condemnation that I've seen so far. When it comes to the goals of these organizations, I really do think it is the former you know. There there's there's even eclips of them trying to speak with Hispanic members of law enforcement saying, don't don't attack.
Speaker 2: Your own community.
Speaker 3: Don't you know, ethnically cleanse your own community, basically calling them traders to their people. You know, I don't really at being particularly successful. Of course, the Hispanic community is not a monolith. It's more conservative in Texas, at least relative to how liberal it is in California, you know, So it certainly isn't a monolith, and I'm not sure that they will be able to achieve that broad support, but there has certainly been an undercurrent of this type of organizing. I think the immediate goal of these groups is to make deportations as painful as humanly possible. I think they're trying to send a message to the administration, to law enforcement that every time you try and enforce the law, laws again that have been on the books for years, laws that are broadly supported by Americans, that we are going to make it painful for you, maybe in the very literal sense of we're going to throw a brick through your windshield, or we're going to pelt your vehicles, or we're going to riot, or maybe just politically costly. I think both those strategies are going to backfire. The broad swath of the American public is not going to like these scenes.
Speaker 2: I don't think they've liked these scenes.
Speaker 3: Of foreigners waving foreign flags on top of burn cars one of America's largest cities, and the optics are very bad for them.
Speaker 1: So I've seen at least one or two cases of maleotof cocktails being thrown, one by an illegal alien who was arrested for throwing molotov cocktails at the police. There was an instant where the LAPD was stuck underneath a bridge and they were throwing bricks at them, and one only goal alien, I think was at least handful of illegal islands were caught with illegal guns. Has there been any calls for explicit violence in the sense of like let's kill a cop that you've seen anywhere, or is it just like let's cause chaos.
Speaker 3: I did see one speaker who is with Centro Cso this is one of the one of the groups that we featured in our report who is making some statements that certainly could be perceived as.
Speaker 2: Calls to cost of violence.
Speaker 3: The individual was saying, we're going to take the fight to them, We're not playing defense anymore, that when they come to this city, they're going to realize that we're not messing around anymore. You know, made some statements that certainly did seem to appear like there was a call to violence. You know, it is difficult to unless we get actual, you know, more arrests, unless we get more footage. It's difficult to say exactly the extent to which these organizations are involved in the violence. But what I can say is that there was one group that is affiliated with both of.
Speaker 2: These two organizations.
Speaker 3: It was passing out goggles, it was passing out helmets, passing out gloves, passing out really all of these items that would be very useful if you're going up against cops that are using tear gas or that of riot shields. So there certainly arezations that, even if they are not themselves explicitly by their own admission, involved in the violence, do certainly seem to be facilitating a lot of violence that we've seen.
Speaker 1: Well, the goggles and helmets, they cost money. How are they getting money? Is there someone financing these organizations? I assume there would be, but I wouldn't know. You wouldn't you know who they are or how they get their money or are they multimillion other organizations? I have no idea.
Speaker 3: Yeah, these SPECI organizations, these three, they're unofficial organizations, so they're not nonprofits. They don't have you know, nine to ninety forms from the IRS that we can go dig into. So it's a lot more difficult really to to do research into the into the financing of these groups. Oftentimes they'll make calls out on social media that they'll say, here's our venmo, here's our PayPal, here's our zel, you know, send us some money. We're going to be, you know, protesting tonight in Los Angeles. So it's really amorphous, you know. In many cases, it's a lot more difficult to investigate exactly where the money is coming from.
Speaker 1: It's it's a lot of it's a lot of white Libs in Williamsburg who are sending their parents' money to like some Lazo race group it's really poetry when you think about it. I'm sorry, go ahead and continue.
Speaker 2: No, that's that's absolutely right. I mean there's this uh.
Speaker 3: I think it's a microcosm of what we see on the left, one of their more effective strategies.
Speaker 2: It's this high low coalition. Right.
Speaker 3: You kind of have this mythos on the left that you can have these mass movements, these mass calls for justice, and that this type of mass mobilization really exchange at the national political level. But what we actually see is that these are the foot soldiers, and that there is elite support that comes down from the top to bolster the efforts of people, you know, who are down there doing the street level activism and the street level rioting. I think the most the biggest example of this is Kamala Harris promoting that bail fund during one of the BLM riots.
Speaker 2: But we're even seeing it now.
Speaker 3: You know, there is the National Immigrant Law Center and they're passing out a guide telling illegal aliens, effectively, how to protest safely. They're saying, leave your phones at home, give whatever papers that you might have, you know two loved ones, don't identify yourself. They're really handing out this guide really to agitate foreign nationals who are present in our country. But you do see this marriage between the kind of scrappy street level people and some of these organizations that certainly are more well funded and more official that.
Speaker 1: Would make it easier to find them. Okay, last two questions, What if anything has the administration could they do really to crack down on organizations like this that are trying to skirt the law like what have What could what could the presidence administration or even local law enforcement due to really crack down these organizations?
Speaker 3: You know, the biggest thing in this that the Trump administration has already done is to pull the funding from these large organizations. There's one group called the Coalition for Humane Immigrant Rights and they raked in i believe, tens of millions of dollars from the Biden administration. They've been involved in organizing these protests, and we wrote about them back I believe in October of last year. The Trump administration pulled their funding earlier this year, so that of course is a big step.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: Another another potential option that the administration or members of Congress could have is to officially criminalize to a higher degree a legal border crossing. You know, that is something that not only would discourage legal immigration, but it could also potentially give people, you know, more legal room to prosecute who are in this country illegally and potentially to prosecute those who are facilitating that.
Speaker 1: It's always crazy whenever you hear oh, you know, the Trump administration is doing X, Y and Z to stop illegal immigration, and the natural impulse was, wait a second, they have those they have the ability to do that anyway. Of course, our tax dollars are being spent to bring in illegal aliens. It's some mind boggling. Okay, last question, Spencer, what are you working on and what pople go to read more about your stuff the Daily Wire.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm covering immigration really every day. This is the seismic political issue of our time, both for America and for Western civilization more broadly. So this is what I'm digging into, this is what I'm spending my time researching and investigating, and you can find it first and foremost at The Daily Wire and also on Twitter. The name is Spencer Linquist and you can keep up with some of my investigations there as well.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: Spencier, thanks on the podcast. I love reading your stuff, so I'll keep checking it out and love to have you backma on time.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much, Rian.
Speaker 1: Hey, we'll be right back after this time. Forward the ask Me Anything segment of the podcast. Thank you so much for your emails. I really enjoy getting them. I read every single email. You can email me Ryan at Numbers Gamepodcast dot com. That's Ryan at Numbers Game podcast dot com. Ask me any question you want and I'll try to bring you the data and the information that you want to hear to find out what the numbers are behind these narratives you hear from the mainstream media. This email comes from Cheryl Dunn. Dearest Ryan, there's a story that came out at the time of me writing this Wednesday about a federal immigration rate on a Nebraskan meat production plant. The owner of the plans data that he used everify and verified over seventy employees that turn out to have stolen US identities to get employed. If we can't rely on e verified to secure the job market, what can we do? So what Cheryl's talking about is that there was an ice rate in Omaha at the Glenn Valley Food Plant where, according to Congressman Don bacon. Seventy five to eighty people were detained for being in the country illegally, according to Glenn Valley Food Plant. They said that they used to Everify in the hiring process. Everify is supposed to allow employers to figure out who you can and cannot hire illegally or illegally, you know, in this country, with their status is I called my friends at the Center for Immigration Studies after reading this email. I asked them, how how could these this many people thwart Everify and get away with it? This is it's not one person, it's a lot of people. And they said it was statistically improbable that everify was actually being used correctly in this case that they were that they were kind of, you know, saying they were using without actually thoroughly using it. I researched information from DHS and they said everifies accuracy rate as the twenty eighteen was ninety eight point eight eight percent for work authorized individuals and ninety four percent accuracy for final non confirmations. The reporting shows that there was very very few cases of people really being able to get away with not being employed. The only way that this actually happened where was seventy five to eighty people. Is if they were all using stolen IDs, which if they are that many people in one single location getting stolen ideas stolen driver's licenses or doctor's driver's licenses using real numbers, then there's obviously a larger operation going on that is producing these driver's licenses. Once again, I asked my friends who were in the know about this. They said, it's likely that that everify was not actually being carried out as they as it's supposed to, and that they were trying they're trying to save face now if it if it was being carried out, and it's just that there is an operation of people illegally producing and manufacturing driver's licenses in Omaha. Like Omaha is a big city, but it's not Chicago. It's because that there's some other operation going on that the federal government needs to look at and investigate. Because ev verifce work very good in Florida. Florida has a huge, hugely large amount of you verify, I think what the terminology was, but application is being processed through you verify. I think Florida is now the number one state under Governor Desantas. So it does work when it's being used correctly. I just don't know if it's being used correctly, and if there is, if it is an illegal system where they're producing fake driver's licenses, I think that's a separate obstacle to take. But as far as we're seeing in Florida, when you verify is being used properly, it's actually working. So I think that I think that more of this is about saving face for the plant, for the Glenn Valley Food Plant than it is about if the system is flawed. That's my answer. Hope you guys like it. Come back on Monday. We have a great show prepare for you guys, and I will see you next week. If you like this podcast, please like and subscribe on the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcast, wherever you get your podcast. Give me a five star review if you're feeling generous. It really helps the show out and I will see you next week.