Speaker 1: Hey, this is Brian Alvarez and this is today's edition of the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network, live.
Speaker 2: From San Francisco. I'm a sports byline broadcasting network. You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with your hosts Brian Alvarez and Mike Semper vv.
Speaker 3: Are you ready?
Speaker 2: When you're ready, let's get it off.
Speaker 1: How's it going everybody? Brian Alvarez here on Wrestling Observer Live. We are here every day Monday through Friday, noon Pacific, three Eastern Sunday, three Pacific, six Eastern Saturday Mornings with Jim Valley, Tennay Pacific, one Eastern Sundays with andrews Arian. And it's Wednesday here on the show. Sometimes you just don't know what that means. Today's one of those days. We have a lot to talk about here today. Aw Dynamite is tonight. I'm gonna talk about the full card for that show. Last night was NXT night one of great American Bash. I thought last night's show was a very good show. And holy smokes, that main event with Rox Sane Perez and THEA Hale. These two should both be on the main roster. They're both better than probably at least half the women on the main roster. They had a great title match main event, so we'll tell you all about that here today on the show and all of the news. I can't even say this with a straight face. An interesting private meeting reportedly took place this week. Shane McMahon and Tony Kahan and I could talk for hours. We'll tell you about that later on today to Pacific five Eastern. If you are a subscriber, whether it be Wrestling, Observer dot com, Video dot fw online dot com, or Apple Music, Apple Podcasts, well it'll be a filthy Tom Lawler and Landstorm show. And filthy I'm sure is going to want to talk a lot about the UFC lawsuit. The judge has decided to deny approving the settlement. He wants them to go to court. Nobody wants this, except for the judge. We'll tell you about that, gets Tom's thoughts on this a little bit later, and then of course we got the ratings notes from the last couple of days, lineups for this weekend, tons of news, and the NXTTV report back in a moment to kick it all off, Observer Live.
Speaker 4: You can host the best back yard barbecue. When you find a professional on Angie to make your backyard the best around. Connect with skilled professionals to get all your home projects done well inside to outside repairs to renovations. Get started on the Angie app or visit angi dot com today.
Speaker 5: You can do this. When you Angie that.
Speaker 6: Can your IRA stand up to the next financial crisis that our top economists are saying is that our doorsteps. By allocating a percentage of your IRA into physical gold and silver with a tax free rollover, you can diversify in safeguard your holdings from turbulent markets and economic downturns by putting your IRA back on the gold standard. Find out how to safeguard your assets with a tax free rollover with a Genesis Gold IRA, the only IRA that can hold physical precious metals. Call now for your free gold and silver report. Protect your IRA today with one simple phone call and learn how to qualify for up to ten thousand dollars in free silver called Genesis Gold Group. Empowering Faith driven Stewardship eight hundred two to one one six thousand, eight eight hundred two one one six thousand, eight eight hundred two one one six thousand eight. That's eight hundred two one one six zero zero eight.
Speaker 7: This report is sponsored by after School Alliance. A million people are rallying for after school as part of the twenty fourth annual Lights On after School organized by the After School Alliance. The event shines a light on the many ways after school programs engage children in youth by making learning fun and providing educational and enriching activities. After school programs are especially important as students recover from the pandemic, but funding shortfalls have left nearly twenty five million kids without the after school programs their parents want for them. Quality after school programs keep kids safe, inspire them to learn, and give parents peace of mind. Alliance Executive director Jodi Grant.
Speaker 8: Every day after school programs across our country help students discover their talents, build their confidence, and foster their creativity through enrichment and academic supports. As we continue to recover from the pandemic, it's essential that many more students and families have access to these programs. This year, eight thousand Lights On after School events will focus on the benefits after school programs provide.
Speaker 7: Visit www dot Afterschool Alliance dot org. To learn more about lights on after school.
Speaker 5: Hi, welcome to Staples.
Speaker 9: Hi, my son's teacher emailed his back to school list. He needs crayons and a combook for every subject.
Speaker 5: Okay, no problem.
Speaker 10: With Staples Hot Deals, you'll find super low prices on hundreds of items for back to school.
Speaker 9: Oh now they're saying he needs folders and glue, you got it, and markers of course.
Speaker 7: Oh geez, can we get a cart?
Speaker 11: Please save big on back to school with Staples Hot Deals right now twenty four pac Crayola, crayons and combooks are only fifty cents each at Staples Pens eight twenty four instore only limited.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike Semperviv on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: Back in the show, Brian Alvarez here Wrestling Observer Live. Mike Semperviv also Wrestling Observer dot Com.
Speaker 3: I'm here.
Speaker 1: Rarely am I so excited? I don't even care if you're here? Rarely am I so excited to talk about a story as I am today?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 3: Can I sit out? And this is gonna be a nine minute Brian opening?
Speaker 1: I mean you can if you want to, but you're gonna want to talk, all right. We all want to talk about an interesting private meeting reportedly took place this week. I'm just gonna read this from Wrestlingobserver dot com and then I'm gonna go an interesting private meeting reportedly took placed this week. Shane McMahon is said to have met with Tony Kahan on to discuss possibilities moving forward Wreussell Talk and Fight forul A reporting the meeting was held in Arlington, Texas, where aw is running a residency at the Esports Stadium until mid August. Russell Talk obtained the below image of the meeting, which we'll talk about in a moment. Rumors regarding Shane McMahon to AWD began last month when Conrad Thompson mentioned on a podcast that he'd heard McMahon sent feelers to the company. However, Tony Kahn told Dave Meltzer he had never met or spoken to McMahon. Meltzer also later wrote that McMahon had never seriously pushed to get into the company. One person noted to US said Dave that there was a conversation between McMahon and an ex WWE tallent inn AW. It was described as not a pitch to get in or anything, just two people chatting when McMahon said something to the effect of, can you imagine if I walked out there on dynamite? I heard the rumor he might be interested, said Tony Kahan too, sports illustrated. I've never met Shane, but we have a lot of mutual friends. I have a lot of respect for him as an executive and a professional wrestler. I'm dying here. Shane is always welcome in AW. And there was an instant where McMahon and Mercedes had a chance encounter at an airport as well. And I will say, okay, I will say, I may be a fool here. I do believe that that was in fact a chance meeting. Okay, now, so I.
Speaker 3: Heard us poors don't have a chance to get to the Delta Club much or anything like that. That's where the mighty mingle.
Speaker 1: I heard about this earlier this morning. I was mildly amused. And then I saw the photograph. Have you said, I have guys seen the photo? Please please put please tell me you've seen the photo of Tony Khan and Shane McMahon.
Speaker 3: It's out there now.
Speaker 1: I suppose it's possible, Okay, it's possible that this is some sort of photoshop. Okay, However, this photo has been out for hours and hours and hours, and at this point, the reality is this. It's either real or if it's a photoshop. Tony Khan wants you to believe it's real because nobody has Oh, you know, it's not real, etcetera, etcetera. Okay, so we're gonna presume for the sake of argument that this is a legitimate photograph. Okay, it's like, this is like after dark. I gotta explain this photograph to people of Bigfoot. There there's a long desk. Tony is sitting in front of it. There a chair on the opposite side of the table. Shane McMahon is leaning against it. They are both looking at the camera. Shane McMahon is merely looking stern and Tony Kahan is like this, He's got his hand on his face. Ah, I've been caught now. I saw this photograph. I howled, I cried with laughter. It's the funniest frickin' photograph you've ever seen in your life. Dying Okay, and when I saw it immediately. I don't care what anybody says. Okay, I don't care. I know some people don't like this word. I'm gonna use it anyway. Do not be a mark. You cannot convince me that this photo was not leaked by Tony Khan, either leaked by Tony Khan or approved to be leaked by Tony kan. You guys don't get it. This guy, Tony, nice guy, been on our show, Friendly Chap. I'll tell you one thing about this guy. He is so paranoid about leaks. Okay, the stories I could tell you, this guy is petrified of anything getting out. I've heard stories of like you would be like what you go to a show. He doesn't even put like the lineup of the show, and like who beats you or anything anywhere backstage. It's absolutely completely secret, and it's been like this for a while. And as I've mentioned before, it's it's actually hilarious because you know, I talked to a lot of people there, and I have for years. Okay, I think maybe maybe one time ever a person directly told me a finish of an upcoming match. Once, okay, once in all these years, I hear a lot of other things, but like nobody spoils who beats who or things like that. But like, this guy's so paranoid he he won't even tell anybody what they're doing, who's beating who, whatever. And the thing is, I can figure out the finish of ninety nine point nine percent of these matches just because I know exactly how this guy books. There's nothing being leaked, No thing that being leaked is his brain. So anyway, he's all paranoid. It doesn't like anything getting out. Everything is like. So the point of this is, from what I know stories I've heard, there is no chance somebody walked in on this meeting, took a photograph tony ah and then they fled and they put it out on the internet. No chance, zero, zilch, not a chance in the world. Okay, so he wants it out there. Why, Well, I don't know what's going on. I don't have any inside of information on this one, but I don't know.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 1: I think Shane's coming in. I think he's coming in. Why would you leak this? Why would you allow this to go out on the internet if you did not intend to bring this man in? Why would you do that? So anyway, we'll see.
Speaker 3: Because somebody did it without their knowledge and would get fired for it, and we'd have a rebuttal and some sort of statement. But we haven't gotten any of that. So maybe Shane is coming in.
Speaker 1: Shane what wressell to hang out with m JF colly.
Speaker 3: Hey, look, don't tell me that Darby Allen and Shane McMahon in the same sentence.
Speaker 1: Brother, Do you remember Shane McMahon's last WWE entering appearance.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's why I'm bringing in.
Speaker 1: He tore both quads, if I recall correctly. Yeah, Well in the first, the second, the first seconds of this match, old as Shane, he's older than I am.
Speaker 3: Didn't Matt Hardy fall off a fortlift onto his head onto concrete, didn't Darby Allen dive off of.
Speaker 1: He's fifty four years old, dude, fifty four years old.
Speaker 3: Not in Shane McMahon's mind, he's not. That's the problem goes out there every time he Well, don't worry. He'll be able to be controlled by Tony Kahn and be able to be very limited in what he can do.
Speaker 1: I've never been so disgusted with something you said on the show. Stop already, Well, I mean we'll see.
Speaker 12: Hey.
Speaker 3: It got people talking. It got people talking for good and for because the first thing that I saw were a bunch of aw fans just rolling their eyes, hating the idea, hating the thought. But it also got a lot of people talking into oh my god, what if Shane was there? And then their fantasy booking minds go, what if he was with m JF. What if he does do this? What if he runs into Christian? What is Christian gonna say to him?
Speaker 1: So Shane versus Miss with Snoop as a RAF, was that Shane's opponent? Okay, yeah, brother, I watched that match. The first guy'd hires Snoop. He was the best guy in that match by Miles.
Speaker 3: Best guy at the Olympics. Right now, I don't know what else is going on over there in France, but I know Snoop Dogg is over there having a field day.
Speaker 1: I'm back in a moment abs your life.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike Simpervivi on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: I've been asked by one of my beloved subscribers on Twitter, y fine ladies and gentlemen there at Brian Alvarez At Brian Alvarez. I only respond to my Twitter subscribers. Got a question, ask, I'll answer. I may even do an Ama today as the kids call it, only for my Twitter subscribers. But anyway, they said, you got a fantasy book, this Shane thing. Okay, believe it or not. I can do this. It is actually easy, okay, And I actually don't think it's a terrible idea, all right. Number one, this man needs to be nowhere near creative, though. We don't need to worry about that because I don't see any chance of Tony handing over creative to Shane McMahon. That's just not gonna happen, Okay. I wish he'd be just like anybody else, makes some offers, offer some ideas. Whatever. He ain't taken over creative, so we don't have to worry about that. If that's your concern, okay, I'd be fine with Shane book and Ring of Honor. That's fine. I don't think that's happening either. But the other thing is he absolutely, do you understand me, absolutely positively cannot be an inn ring performer. Okay. I don't mean this in a flippant way, but this is for health reasons. Okay, it would be it would be just wrong to let this man wrestle at fifty four years old. Okay, the answer is no. The answer is no. Now, there is an easy storyline which I actually like, and that is that Shane McMahon buys the Young Bucks aw shares and he becomes the Heel half owner. Because listen, here's the thing. I know everyone's gonna say it's a stupid idea, I don't like it. Whatever, Okay, but here's the deal. We're already doing that. Okay, You've already got the Young Bucks as like the heel owners, and Tony is the babyface owner. And when this whole thing started, it actually made a little bit of sense because Tony got injured, he couldn't go to the shows, and so the storyline was when the Young Bucks are at the shows because Tony's not there and their EVPs they get to make all of the rules. So they made all the rules and there was no Tony con there to stop them. Well, it was like two weeks later. Tony comes back. He's totally fine. But then, like the Young Bucks inexplicably are still heel owners and they make these decisions, and Tony makes these decisions, and it's never explained, like, why can't Tony override these two EVPs? They make a horrible decision for the When did Tony just say, not happening, I'm back, I'm in charge. There's never been an explanation for it. Okay, if you say both of them and now, hangman, since you know he's uh, he's under their thumb or what who are the other EVPs right now? It's it's those two and uh Omega who he's out of action so he has no voting power. But anyway, the point is they they sell all of their their stock to uh Shane and hey listen.
Speaker 3: And the consortium was me Vince.
Speaker 1: Where I'm not. I'm not a huge Shane McMahon fan, never have been, but as a as a heel owner, and his role is merely to be the mouthpiece for the heels. The Young Bucks their their their job is to go do matches. Okay, their job is not to do the not to do all the talking. You know, if you ever watch The Young Bucks, it looks like Nick never wants to talk anyway. So you have Shane out there to do it. He's the guy that gets the heat, you know, he's a big name whatever, and he's the one that makes all the terrible decisions. And you go that way, I think, if you're gonna do it, if you're gonna bring the guy in, I can't think of anything else that you do with him than that. Oh, he's gonna come out and hug Tony like Bischoff and Vince and they killed the invasion angle dead. No, it's just there's bad guy McMahon, good guy Tony. That's it.
Speaker 3: So yeah, and it's gonna go what for perpetuity?
Speaker 1: I mean, well, I mean the way that Tony books. Yes, this will be a fifteen year storyline.
Speaker 3: The problem there is, then, in my opinion, then you continue on with this really stupid storyline. And to me, okay, if that's the storyline for a guy like me, a fan like me who was watching this in my mind, what's the countdown? Then to Shad Khan because that's.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's fine, that's fine. I'm all over Shad as an on screen character.
Speaker 3: But the problem is he doesn't want to be Tony. Khan did a terrible job following up. Yes, the stuff with the draft and all that, Yeah, he had to play into all that. But then there was when he came to the show again. Ice Fine, he's just kind of here. The EVPs have no cut contracts. That's why they can run wild, why they can't be demoted. We have absolutely no idea.
Speaker 1: It's just overrule like they were for years and years. Tony always got to make the decisions like it doesn't make sense.
Speaker 3: None of it, none of it really makes sense. And then we had these battles between these factions and legions that were big. It was anarchy in the arena. It was blood and guts. What were they all fighting for? They were all kind of fighting. So you know what, let it go to me. If you're gonna bring him in and you want to utilize them, utilize them with MJF. You don't have to bring up talk. That's not the point. Nick boch Wickham could talk.
Speaker 1: And he had Bobby Shane McMahon and MJF. Yes, yes, okay, that doesn't at.
Speaker 3: All Long Island. He can incorporate the hardcore, mean street posse of Connecticut into the mix, and let me tell you something, you don't think it would go through Tony Kahan's mind to bring back the Mean Street possible. They've brought back everything else, They've done a tribute to everything else. Hold on, why not that?
Speaker 1: Because if you're gonna bring in a McMahon, you've got to do con versus McMahon. Okay, And actually you know you know how they do it. I actually had another idea. Do you remember when Vince brought in Eric Bischoff and it was like, oh my god, And the first thing they did was hug one of the dumbest things in wrestling history. Well, you have Tony Khan come out, introduce Shane McMahon, and they also hug, and then Shane kicks him in the balls and reveals that he's bought the Bucks share. And I also, if you all in the chat here, they're like Shane backstage to help business in some way? Yes, on screen character? No, do you guys know I mean this in the nice way possible? Do you know nothing about anything?
Speaker 3: Your way?
Speaker 1: Better off? Shane is an on screen authority figure than doing anything backstage. What do you what do you think this guy is good for backstage? Historically creative? He has absolutely zero creative you know, he has no experience whatsoever.
Speaker 3: He's got a lot of enthusiasm. He always had a lot of ideas, but a lot of his ideas were kind of crazy.
Speaker 1: He never heard about good Shane McMahon ideas.
Speaker 3: But then again, look if he was so influen by ECW and he liked things like pride and other things like that, boy, that would fit right in with the Tony Kahan mind frame, would it not?
Speaker 1: How many of how many of Shane's non WWE businesses are still around? You want him to run the business.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying that, not you.
Speaker 1: I'm talking to these people.
Speaker 3: Well, no, but you would want to let him.
Speaker 1: And no, he didn't book Royal Rumble twenty twenty two. He tried. He tried to book that Royal Rumble and his father sent him home.
Speaker 3: Did you get into a fight with Brock?
Speaker 1: They ain't get a fight with him, but they were like, we are doing this. What are you talking about?
Speaker 3: But you want him to book Ring of Honor? In your scenario, you.
Speaker 1: Gonna watch it. Listen, I'd let you book a Ring of Honor. Okay, just get Ring of Honor off Tony's plate. Let him do dynamite collision or rampage. Have anybody? Anybody can do a Ring of Honor? I don't care. So yeah, if Jane wants a book a Ring of Honor, fine, it might be so nutty. I might watch it. I don't know, but.
Speaker 3: Hey maybe maybe maybe David Zaslof is feeling really old school?
Speaker 1: Yes, Luca Gato, anybody, okay, anybody, Kevin Nash Lennon book Ring of Honor, Vince Russo Lennon booker Ring of Honor. Actually that'd be a good one. Anybody like, anybody booker Ring of Honor? Just take it away from Tony so we can do the main shows. Hey, you heard me, Brian Vince Russo booking modern day Ring of Honor?
Speaker 3: Why not?
Speaker 1: I mean, what is AW? It's like the I'm not on anything.
Speaker 3: Oh you're on one today, pel Guice.
Speaker 1: You don't get it. Who watches a Ring of Honor? Okay? I watched the pay per views and everything, all right, But who watches three hour hours of weekly TV or whatever every week? Not a lot of people? Okay, and listen, do we not all agree that AW was much better booked before he bought and started booking Ring of Honor? Yeah? So like some of you have already said, why don't they just fold a ring of honor and just like kill the thing and just use the tape library. Well, dude, if you're gonna do that, just let Russo book it. Who cares? Let somebody else book it any Like I said, anybody Paysley wants to book it, that's fine.
Speaker 3: You know, I think I'd rather have that than Vince Russo.
Speaker 1: Or I don't know, man, give me something I can tear apart every week. I mean, what is what is AW? It's like the modern day version of World Championship Wrestling. The idea is wcwold. It was good like ninety five, ninety six, ninety seven. So hey, just let you know Russo he can he can book the AW version of thunder Good Lord on a Club.
Speaker 3: Oh, can we bring back above average Mike Sanders. He's still around.
Speaker 1: I'm sure he's still around. It should be well above average now in some ways far below average and others. One would think, as you age, are we done talking about this yet? When we come back from the break, more news and then I'm gonna talk about NXT, which was an actual well booked show, especially that main event back in a moment observer live.
Speaker 10: My friends swim no matter this season, but my mom to severe plaque psoriasis can sometimes take me out of the moment. Now thanks to Skyrizzy and clear skin, count me in with Skyrizzy risen kizumab Rizza, a prescription only one hundred and fifty milligram injection for adults who are candidates for systemic or phototherapy.
Speaker 5: Three out of.
Speaker 10: Four people achieved ninety percent clear skin at four months.
Speaker 13: Don't use if allergic to sky Rizzy. Serious allergic reactions and an increased risk of infections over a lower ability to fight them may occur Before treatment. Your doctor should check for infection and tuberculosis. Tell your doctor if you have an infection or symptoms such as fever, sweats, chills, muscle ags, or cough, or if you plan to or recently received a vaccine.
Speaker 10: Thanks to Skyrizzy, there's nothing of my skin and that means everything. Ask your doctor today about sky Rizzi, the number one dermatologists prescribe biologic and psoriasis and visit Skyrizzy dot com or call one eight sixty six Skyrizzy to learn more.
Speaker 12: Do you have Medicare and do you use a sepath machine. This is a National Healthcare alert regarding your SEAPAP supplies. Using a clean SEAPAP mask and clean supplies is important to staying healthy. The best way to make sure your SEATPAP equipment is clean is to get new supplies. If you have Medicare, we have great news. Medicare will pay for you to have new clean supplies every ninety days. We'll even do all the paperwork for you to make sure that there's little to no out of pocket cost to you, and you don't even have to leave your home. We provide free in home delivery. So if you're a SEAPAP user and you have Medicare, staying healthy with new SEATPAP equipment is easy. Just make this free phone call right now to get started.
Speaker 6: Sponsored by Specialty Medical. Eight hundred nine one three nine seven three nine, eight hundred nine one three nine seven three nine, eight hundred nine one three nine seven three nine. That's eight hundred nine one three ninety seven thirty nine.
Speaker 5: One out of two Americans thinks their life is worthy of a book book. Here's another startling stat You may be one of the fifteen percent of people who bothered to start your book and one of the six percent that got halfway through it, but your gem of an idea likely died or did it. Some published authors are making significant money, so join the ranks of the successful people that finish their books with help from Dorance Publishing. Call right now and are experienced editors and writers will explain to you what it's going to take to get your book completely written, published and then taken to market to sell it. It's a free consultation, so call right now find out how much time and money it takes to finally get that book idea of yours published. Make your dreams happen. Call Dourrance Publishing right now.
Speaker 6: Eight hundred four eight five six thousand and three. Eight hundred four to eight five six thousand three, eight hundred four eight five six thousand three. That's eight hundred four eight five six zero zero three.
Speaker 2: Listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike Simpervivi on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 3: Anyone ever, I tell you to not read the comment.
Speaker 1: It's not the actually with someone on my Twitter. This time, I'll have what he's having. He said, Guys, this is gonna be one of those things gonna live on an infamy because no one just understands what I'm trying to say. I feel like I'm trying to make this so simple for everybody. Okay, Tony is doing too much. Do you guys understand He's trying to book dynamite rampage collision hours and hours of Ring of Honor every week and these Ring of Honor pay per views. He's doing too much. We all know this. Everybody listening to this knows this. Even if you're a fan of Ring of Honor, you know deep down the guy's doing too much and that the booking is has been different since he took over a Ring of Honor. He's just got too much to do. Can we like who doesn't agree with this? Because I want to. I want to see the people that don't agree with this that he's got too much on his plate.
Speaker 3: Ran how long have we been on? Wait? God? God?
Speaker 1: So what I'm advocating for is for somebody to take over Ring of Honor booking from Tony. I didn't say the best man for the job would be Vince Russo. What I said was I don't care you want Vince Russo to do it? Fine, what's the problem with Vince Russo's booking. Well, he's terrible, doesn't know what he's doing. Okay, but is there a television deal at stake with Vince Russo booking Ring of Honor? Are we worried about ratings for Ring of Honor which doesn't have ratings? Are we worried about tanking Ring of Honor house shows which don't exist? Are we worried about taking Ring of Honor tv TA numbers which don't exist because they do it in association with the other aw television shows. What difference does it make? That's my point. Forget the Vince Russo name. What difference does it make who is booking Ring of Honor? As long as you take that off Tony's plate. The fact is it doesn't matter. You're not affecting business negatively in any way by having Santa Claus book it.
Speaker 3: Yes, you are, in theory, you are because you still have merchandise to sell. You still have an Honor Club, Yah people are signed up for. You still have those shows like Death Before dishonor that you can pimp out his eye pay per views for those people who are not Honor Club subscribers. So there's two separate things here. Yes, of course it should be off his plate. How he can do all of this. You got football season coming up. Anything that he has to do with the Jaguars is, you know, added to the mix. You got whatever he does for Craven Cottage or or full of wherever the hell the football team does. He's spread too thin, obviously, and he wants to maintain control on some things as other things are so hectic and manic. And it's been that way. I'm not saying since day one, for a lot longer than people maybe want to believe that it has been.
Speaker 9: So.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he could use some extra time on his hands by leaving ringing of honor in the hands of somebody else lockstock, and barrel, with the exception of a couple of people he may want to keep an eye on for the aw roster or who may fit into his plans. Okay, I keep fine, But the thing is then turn it over to somebody that matters, because you tind people there whose jobs actually you know and livelihoods depend on it, and whose you know, creativity and whose development depend on who is there. So yeah, I would say leave in the hands of a Dustin Rhodes as opposed to Jacob.
Speaker 1: I never said the best best option or Bishop or Nash. Just throw it a name.
Speaker 3: Jimmy Jacobs. Is there people I'm sure know him. He's got a ton of ideas. Some people love them.
Speaker 1: I'm not arguing all these people wouldn't be better. I'm not arguing that Paisley wouldn't be better than Vince Rusa.
Speaker 3: But argument it doesn't matter, It doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: You know, I think you know I said it doesn't matter because everything that you mentioned, like merchandise and etcetera, etcetera. One could argue that if you took all of that work off Tony's plate, and he had the ability to take all of that attention and focus it on the main aw product, that conceivably it would improve to the point where he would sell more merch and sell more tickets and sell more pay per views, because it's the one thing that he is focusing on instead of you. Ever, you know, I read a good book once, what's that which one? I can't remember what it was called, but the point of it was, sometimes you have to focus on the one thing, the one thing, instead of like all of your attention being diverted in a million different places. What is the one thing? I do this with my kids all the time because their kids and like their brains going fifty thousand directions. It's like, what is the one thing that is important right now? Okay? It's not that stuffy. It's getting your shoes on and getting in the car. Okay, So that's the one thing we're doing right now, is just we're getting in the car. After that we can worry about something else. But what's the one thing that is important right now? What is the one thing that is the most important thing? For Tony Kahan, it's Dynamite, Rampage and Collision, which pay all the bills, all the bills with the exception of pay per views, you know, every couple months. It's so sweet television shows. Ring Vonnor is not the one thing that's the most important. It is taking away from your one thing that is the most important. And if you took that off of his plate, it's possible that if you could trade on the one thing, things might improve perhaps a lot. So I would make that sacrifice, That's what I would do. But you know what, I'm not Tony Kahan, nor am I Sean Michaels, who did a fine job yesterday with that great American Bash show.
Speaker 3: You're Paul Harvey, and that was the rest of the story.
Speaker 1: That's the rest of the story. I wish I had my other mic here anyway. The main event of this show, should I get it? What did you think of NXT?
Speaker 3: I thought it was actually a really good show, I actually believe for all the nonsense, and there was a ton of nonsense on there, but when he got down to the actual wrestling portions of the proceedings, everything was actually pretty good. The Brian's gonna talk about the six woman match with soul Roka and all that sort of stuff, and he's probably going to say, yes, there were too many spots that were planned out ahead of time, but it actually rolled on was really smooth. But the main event was the best part of the show, and that was fa Hale falling in her attempt to wrest the NXT Women's Championship from Roxanne Perez. That was the match you need to go out of your way and see.
Speaker 1: And now the rest of the story. I did all of that for that. Yes, I'm gonna keep that nearby in case I need it exactly. The now May event of this show was Roxanne Perez Thehale for the NXT women's title. Why, well, I know why because they need like talent women to work with the women who are not talented yet. Yes, but these two should be on the main roster. I mean, good, lord, well Fallon should be as well, but I mean Fallon's good. But like, these two are just flat out great. They're better than most of the women on the main roster. Fa hale. Dude, she's twenty, she's actually I think she's about to turn twenty. She might be twenty now, she like nineteen or twenty or whatever, but she is so great. Rock Sand is so great natural and they had a great match. The crowd is going nuts for this match. They love THEA Hail. They're totally invested in THEA they hate rock Sand and the heat for this match was so good and they had such a great match and rock Sande finally hit her with the pop rocks and pinder. This main event was awesome. It was flat out awesome. So what a great finish the Great American Bash. And honestly, I gotta say, you know, speaking of the women, the other best thing on the show besides the main event was I'm not taking credit for it. But thank god, Solruka put her beach hair back. She's back to having her old beach hair again, like when she straightened her hair. I was just that's like your trade right now. You look like every other athletic blonde woman on this roster before you were a surfer with your beach surfer hair, and you stood out well. She brought it back this week, thank god. And they had fallon jac and Jasmine versus Lola, Carmen and Soul. And my only problem with this match is that and this is this is me being old and it's not gonna be like this anymore. But you know, in the old days, you you had a plan, but it was not choreographs start to finish unless you were doing that kind of match and you would listen to the crowd. You would you would get the crowd going, you would hit a peek and go home. And they had a planned long match and it got to the point where the place was going nuts and it was really good. I mean, it was a surprisingly good match because you know, Soul is brand new, Jazzmin's brand new, Carmen's brand new, Lola's fairly knew. I mean there were a lot of green women in this match, but it was going along really well. And then like the place is going nuts for all these near falls, and I'm like, man, it's like they're gonna be the best women's match in a long time. This was before the main event. And then they kept going and they kept going and they kept going, and the crowd went so like, by the last minute, the crowd just like okay, you know, they they lost the crowd. And then they went to the finish and and as much as I love Fallon, I gotta say one thing and hopefully this does. Her finish sucks okay, because she does a it's kind of like a but the point of it is she hits the move and it ends where it looks like the other person hit her with a destino. The other person basically gives her a face first, like a dastino bump, but then she turns over and pins them. It's like what it's.
Speaker 3: Like Bobby Lashley's flat liner. Just there's something aesthetically about it that just doesn't work well.
Speaker 1: She throws them up and their job is to go behind her, and then she like hits a cutter or something. But when she does it, it looks like she throws them up and they counter into destino, but then she covers them. So anyway, I don't like to finish because it's just bizarre.
Speaker 3: Still better than the cake stand.
Speaker 1: No, it's not take stands cool, stupid, don't.
Speaker 3: Be old standing straight up like it's just tell me how does it make sense? We'll save it for another show, keep going. Even Lash Legend and Jakara Jackson had a pretty good match with the freaky WWE women's take.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I want to talk about that. I want talk about a different women's match again, all women's stuff on this show. I want to talk about you know who I was very very impressed by.
Speaker 3: I know who the top heel woman on the roster when Roxanne goes up Jada Barker.
Speaker 1: No really, Kendall Gray.
Speaker 3: Actually yeah she was.
Speaker 1: I don't know how many matches she's had. I think she had her first match in like May, so we're talking like a little over two months and man, she so for those who don't know about Kendall Gray, like she's she she was a great wrestler, an amateur wrestler, okay, and all everybody talks about is her wrestling, all right, but she actually from like the age of ten, just she was such an athlete. She did everything. She did. Gymnastics she did, like basketball, she did, she trained with Robert Drysdale in jiu jitsu. Then she got into amateur wrestling, and like she is an athlete, Like when you see her move, it's like, wow, she can do anything. But it's not like you know, when they bring in the gymnasts who are also obviously athletes, what they make them do is, oh, do this flip, do this twist, do this flip? You just flip out of the corner as if she's actually yes, and she rests and she does her amateur stuff and she she's fast, and man, I watched her and I was like, she's gonna be something like I don't know if she can talk, because they never let her talk or anything like that. All she does is beat up poor Miles Bourne.
Speaker 3: Guess what if she can't talk, stick her with rensin Claire because her being.
Speaker 1: On rensen Claire is a is a volcano of charisma. Yes, but anyway, honestly, for like the the first two months, it's like she's up there with Klonnie Jordan as far as like I saw them two months and I was like, holy smokes, Holy smokes, Kendall Gray, So keep an eye on her back in a moment, it was ever Live.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike SIMPERVV on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: Back in the show, Brian Albarez here Wrestling Observer Live. Mike somber VV, also of Wrestling Observer dot com. Hey, don't forget now, We're myself and Filthy Tom and Lance Storm. We're gonna do a three man booth. We've got a lot to talk about the latest WWE Speed Tournament. Got Lance to watch that. I know he's a big fan of those. And also we're gonna talk about that Hogan Andre Angle from WWF Challenge and the Demolition I'm sorry, the Heart Foundation versus Bulldogs match, both of which we reviewed yesterday. But Lance wants to talk about him, and I'm gonna make Filthy watch him and SmackDown. What an eclectic show blood sport. So all of that is coming up in an hour. You can watch it live at video dot f forw on line dot com, which is nine ninety nine a month. Video dot for w on line dot com. That's where you can watch all of our shows. If you only want the podcast and go to Apple Music at for w on line dot com slash Apple also only nine ninety nine a month. Get all the podcasts at for w one line dot com slash Apple, or go to Apple Podcasts and find us there. Or if you want everything, Wrestling Observer newsletters every show we've ever done dating back to two thousand and five. All of the archives of the Observer are message board and more. That's fourteen ninety nine at Wrestlingobserver dot com. So a lot of options for everybody. But it's going to be a fun show in an hour, so make sure you check that out. And I'll be back tomorrow. Here Smorrow Thursday. It is, yeah, tomorrow Thursday.
Speaker 3: Well you can talk about Shane coming out.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about Dynamite, Yeah, old Dynamite, and and you're gonna get Friday, because you know what, I can't talk today on fun Friday, you can't. No, this was it for the week. This was your fun show for the week, although tomorrow could be more fun. You just never know. Anyway, We're out of here. Thanks for listening. We'll talk to you next time Wrestling Observer Live. You have been listening to the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the Eight Side Network