Speaker 1: You are listening to The Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Final hour in this Monday morphone calls best and worst of the weekend. What you saw that you liked you didn't like? EH seven seven three DP. Show operator Tyler is sitting by. Coming up, we'll talk to Rick Neuheisel, CBS Sports former college coach. Stat of the Day brought to you by Panini America, the official trading cards of The Dan Patrick Show. Today's Mercedes Benz Interview is brought to you by Mercedes Benz. Mercedes Benz has an SUV for you, whether it's the stylish GLC, the COMPACTGLA, the three row GLS or the g L E g LC plug in hybrids. Visit mbusa dot com for special offers. There pole question for the final hour the program is going to be what Seaton O'Connor.
Speaker 3: Let me update you here real quick. Dan, We've got we won? But did we Right now? It's actually a tie between Alabama and the Eagles. Two great bands.
Speaker 2: Oh better band?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: A better band?
Speaker 3: Alabama or the Eagles. Our three pole questions just nailed it. There Where did that come from?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I gotta throw this out. I've always thought the Eagles are a pretty great band, successful band. There's just a touch before my time. But I heard some guy know who really knows music. I think he knows music. You know this guy Dan, He's oh, the Eagles are terrible. Their music is horrible. And I go, really, he goes, oh, they're one of the worst bands of all time. Everyone knows that. But he said it like it's conventional wisdom.
Speaker 2: It's not. It's not right. Your friend is a music snah, you know him, Like he'll go, husker do is one of the great bands of all time, right.
Speaker 4: Like he thinks Bob mold is greater than Bruce Springsteen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, okay, well he's not far off with that, Jake.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 3: However, however, he's not far off.
Speaker 4: Do you think people, you know what, on bands that are successful for a long time, just because.
Speaker 2: The Eagles are an incredible band, incredible? Got it? You know you've got Don Henley playing the drums, lead singer. I mean, I mean, yeah, I get that.
Speaker 3: You could get tired of hearing some of the songs that that's just because they're so big. You can't say the Eagles are terrible.
Speaker 4: I hear a lot of similar criticism.
Speaker 2: The Eagles could be the greatest American band of all time.
Speaker 3: I mean once you remove Bon Jovie, I mean several other great American bands, then yes, you will eventually get to the Eagles, and it's high up there.
Speaker 2: Best American band of all time is.
Speaker 4: Who they're all Lucky Rushes Canadian.
Speaker 2: Yeah, probably the Beach Boys. Oh so Beach Boys over the Eagles.
Speaker 3: I don't know, but I'm just throwing them out there.
Speaker 2: Aerosmith, there has to be. There has to be a list of greatest Green Day.
Speaker 5: Relaxed.
Speaker 2: Marvin went to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame over the weekend and of course went to the great to exhibit.
Speaker 5: When I asked the lady, I was like, where's the Green Day exhibit?
Speaker 4: She was like, huh, I'll throw out some more Guns and Roses. Metallica, Yeah, yeah, Ron Metallica's had sure.
Speaker 3: Aerosmith will definitely be on that list.
Speaker 2: Aerosmith over the previous two Guns n' Roses and Metallica.
Speaker 3: Definitely readings they're top ten for sure.
Speaker 2: Not a big enough catalog.
Speaker 4: Van Halen kicked a lot of ass.
Speaker 2: Yeah, van Halen, Yes, absolutely, Van Halen or van Hagar ooh, watch it. I think the Eagles are the greatest American band of all time.
Speaker 4: Do you look at Tom Petty as an individual artist or a band because it's Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Yeah, say it's a band, but I think people treat him an individual.
Speaker 2: Are em never never that popular in the United States? Unfortunately they even said that, but they Yeah.
Speaker 3: They were like one of those bands that, uh you know who was that band too? That their sex is on Fire and they did Kings of Lions. They would play to like seventy five thousand people in Europe and two thousand people in the United States, Like, how's that possible? Yeah, it's crazy, And then eventually they both got massive.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I saw them open up for you two in Chicago and they sounded awesome. They were great.
Speaker 4: You're right, Aerosmith's got to be up there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Aerosmith would be up their top five greatest American bands of all time.
Speaker 6: You know what.
Speaker 3: I know you're going to disagree, but you're wrong. The Doors are on that list.
Speaker 2: The Doors should not be on there.
Speaker 4: Their opinion is wrong.
Speaker 3: Their opinion is wrong.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Doors are not one of the top five American bands of all time?
Speaker 3: Did you say Tom Petty and the Heartbreaker.
Speaker 2: Leonard Skinnard? Yeah, No, I don't just we're just workshopping this. We didn't plan this.
Speaker 4: Simon and Garfunkll They're not a band, they're a duo duo? So do they are? They out of that group?
Speaker 2: They wouldn't be in it even as a band.
Speaker 3: I found myself recently. I was talking to somebody and I referred to bands playing as acts, and I was like, why did I say that? You ever like in your head something comes out of your mouth and you're like, well, that's like an act. I was really looking forward to see it.
Speaker 4: I'm like, act?
Speaker 3: What am I ninety five years old? What the heck? Why did I just call them acts?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Pearl Jam, Nirvana.
Speaker 4: Impact right now?
Speaker 3: Early results better band Alabama or the Eagles. Eagles have seventy two percent of that vote?
Speaker 2: Yas Barman.
Speaker 5: Are all of the best bands from Europe or from England specifically?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, I mean you start with the Beatles. Nobody's better than the Beatles. Stones, who saw they all the Stones are in there?
Speaker 5: Zeppelin?
Speaker 2: Zeppelin?
Speaker 9: Yeah? Stick.
Speaker 2: We didn't mention Sticks at Chicago. Hello, Sticks could squeeze them in there are O speed Wagon Journey. Yeah, Loving Touching squeezing. Fritzy has nothing to say.
Speaker 8: Because I like Chicago though, that was gonna say, because.
Speaker 2: You have no idea about these musical acts.
Speaker 10: If it's not like the old eighties rappers or all on notes are Billy Joel. You guys mentioned a lot of heavy metal groups, but doesn't mess up.
Speaker 8: You have to be heavy metal.
Speaker 3: We did like it's like Van Halen. You could maybe say, like the Eagles aren't heavy Paul mentioned like Metallica in them earlier.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we haven't mentioned We mentioned the Beach Boys.
Speaker 4: Fritzy likes his rock light.
Speaker 2: Journey or Loving Touching, squeezing.
Speaker 8: The best of Chicago. That's a that's some strong stuff.
Speaker 2: Digitally remastered Peter stera era or Christopher Cross.
Speaker 8: The inspiration all that stuff.
Speaker 2: How about we bring in Rick Neuheisel, CBS Sports college football analyst.
Speaker 3: Would you love somebody?
Speaker 2: He was on site for Penn State's win over USC at the LA Coliseum. Rick, thanks for joining us. I'm not going to start there. I want to bring up something to happen in the Oregon game. Did Oregon put one over on Ohio State from the standpoint of having they had twelve players on the field second to last play, and it's only a five yard penalty if it's twelve players on the field. And then the clock doesn't reset after the penalty, so time dripped down off of the clock, and then Ohio State got five yard penalty. But you took away five seconds on the clock. So did they did they pull one over on Ohio State.
Speaker 9: Here's what I know about defensive coaches. They know every trick in the book. Years ago, Arizona State against UCLA when I was coaching at UCLA, put thirteen guys on the field on a second down and goal from the seven yard line with eight seconds left in the first half. Our quarterback couldn't find anybody to throw two through it out of bounds. Of course, the penalty, we get half the distance to the goal. But now it's three seconds left in the half and we have to kick the field goal. So they basically got us, and it was thirteen guys on the field there. Lanning had called time out. He saw the bunch. When you play bunches, you meaning three receivers clumped together. You usually play it in and out with somebody on the point you're going to have you're gonna be out leveraged on one of those if both if two receivers go in or two receivers go out, you're going to have somebody that's going to be in a leverage disadvantage when you put another player on top of that bunch that goes away. This was the twelfth player. The five yards were worth the five seconds. Brilliant by Oregon.
Speaker 2: We're seeing these teams in the Big Ten going cross country and it's not pretty.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 2: I know you want Penn State one at USC, but I don't know how you coach a time zone or two time zones, because this is going to be what life is like in the Big Ten.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's strange. This Penn States was only the second victory. I think the teams are now two and eight or two and nine that have traveled two time zones. It is life in the Big Ten. It's going to be really interesting when we see all the other sports, you know, basketball and softball and all the other sports start traveling like this because they're not going to have the benefit of charter air. They're going to be traveling and making stops in different cities across the town and changing planes and so. But this is the new normal. As you say, I.
Speaker 2: Know USC was an underdog, but you're up two touchdowns, You're at home. Is the seat warm for Lincoln Riley?
Speaker 9: He's lost eight of his last thirteen games. That does and sit well with Trojan fans, especially who hit the wallet to make sure Lincoln would come. It was a brilliant game. Both coaches came out of their comfort zone. Lincoln ran the ball more than he likes to. James Franklin threw the ball more than he likes to. At the end of the day, Drew Aller was better than Miller Moss, and I wonder how long they can go with Miller Moss if he's not going to hit those passes down the stretch because he's not a guy that can get out of the pocket. Jordan Mayava, the kid who they got from UNLB, is sitting on the sideline. I wouldn't be shocked to see him getting some chances here in the coming weeks.
Speaker 2: But are the expectations too high for USC?
Speaker 9: No? It's USC. I mean they've won eleven national champions I know what that feels like.
Speaker 2: It's a long long, long time ago, Rick.
Speaker 9: But if they have the resources, which they do, to go and get the best and brightest across the country, which has always been the case. I mean, if you go to Pete Carroll, you go to John McKay, they always had players that came from far away that wanted to be part of the glitz and glamour of USC, then you can put together a great team. They're better defensively, but they haven't stopped. I mean, they had two fourth down chances on that final drive. This has got to get better, and it's got to get better faster. They're going to have be some really upset Trojans. And when you have a fan base that gets divided, which was the case with Clay Helton, that just isn't united, then it's just a matter of time before the coach is the guy that goes is Rick.
Speaker 2: New Heisl CBS Sports College Football Analyst, better pro prospect, Quinn? Yours are Arch Manning.
Speaker 9: I think probably Arch, given the way we saw Arch run. Now. Quinn I think is also a beautiful pro prospect. But Arch has maybe that X factor, which are the ability to get out of a pocket and make plays with his legs.
Speaker 2: Could you imagine if Alabama lost to in a row.
Speaker 9: The world would come off of his axis. I mean Dan Patrick, I mean that Patrick would cease to have a great time with the dan Ets. What the heck?
Speaker 2: I know, But you lose to Vandy at Vandy, then you come home and I think everybody thought, poor South Carolina.
Speaker 9: I said this the other day. I think college football is we're in a new state of normal with the transfer portal because nobody has the just assembled depth that these blue bloods have had in the past. Because those that aren't playing get a chance to go someplace else and get paid to do so, so you're not stockpiling maybe the same way you used to. And the teams that you're playing, the South Carolinas with sec resources are going to have some really good players too. Vanderbilt is a perfect case. Clark Lee went and said, Okay, I saw New Mexico State go in and beat Auburn thirty one to ten year ago. Diego Pavia is an excellent little player in this offense. I'm going to go call Jerry Kill and I'm going to see Jerry can I have everybody? Can I take all of these guys, including five players and have them come to Vanderbilt, and it says a lot about Vanderbilt that they said, I don't care necessarily about their academic situation. Bring them because we got to fix what's broken here at Vanderbilt. And now Clark Lee's got something going there in Nashville.
Speaker 2: So the portal is bringing us parody? Is that a good thing?
Speaker 9: It is? It is? It's bambulous football. I mean we had I think it's the second time since overtime began in the nineties where we had four top twenty five teams in overtime games. If you don't like that, I don't know what's wrong with you.
Speaker 2: Army and Navy are undefeated. Both have Notre Dame. Stop the presses, I know, Notre Dame. They both have Notre Dame coming up. They have to face each other as well. Is there a chance one of these teams gets into the twelve team playoffs?
Speaker 9: There is a chance these two teams. And I talked to Jeff bunk And on this, the head coach at Army. He loves his team. They were worried when the rules changed that you couldn't cut block from outside, that the triple option was going to go by way of the Whales. Well, they've got it back, and they both got quarterbacks in Horvath and Daily that are dual threat. They can run. They're both on pass for thousand yard seasons as rushers, but they're also got the forward pass and hitting, you know, big plays. So it's like the days of Tom Osborne in that kind of belly option world when you have to have safeties down there making tackles and all of a sudden are running people by them. You are hard to corral and it's fun to It's Doc Blanchard and Glenn Davis again, my friend nineteen forty five were back versus the Glenn Miller band.
Speaker 2: You said the forward pass. You don't say that about any other teams in America. They they're using the forward pass.
Speaker 9: It's like and I mean pop order is some patting people up in Heaven. Say go watch these kids.
Speaker 2: It's like indoor plumbing.
Speaker 11: There.
Speaker 2: You got the forward pass.
Speaker 9: The stage coach.
Speaker 2: Great to talk to you, as always, Thank you.
Speaker 9: Rick, Always a treat. College football always delivers DP.
Speaker 2: That's the great. Rick Neuheisel, CBS Sports college football analyst and former head coach. All right, we'll take a break more VI, your phone calls, best and worst of the weekend. What you saw that you liked you didn't like. We're back after this and the Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 2: Eight drivers remain, only one will be Cup Series champion. The NAS Scar and playoffs continue at Las Vegas. How come you're playing this music? Marmon?
Speaker 5: The greatest American band ever? You guys said the Eagles?
Speaker 2: Okay, I think so pretty good catalog there.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 3: See, I feel like after thinking about it for I don't know, five minutes, Yeah, I feel like I would put Bruce in the E Street Band up there as the greatest.
Speaker 2: But I don't think we view them as a band. It's Bruce and the E Street Band. It's still the eas Street band.
Speaker 3: But it is tough when like Bruce, like Clarence Clemens, the saxophone player, his most famous solo Bruce played. Yeah that's tough.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But it's like Bob Dylan and the band both are Hall of famers, But Bob called them the band, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Elvis Costello and the Attractions. So I would say if it's phrase like that presented like that, it feels like there's one really important person and then there's every body else.
Speaker 4: Yes, Paul, it does feel like Bruce is looked at as an individual artist. Like if I bought tickets to Bruce Springsteen in the Eastreet Band and somehow the Eastreet Band didn't show up that night, I would make it through that night. If if Bruce didn't show up, I don't think I'd have it as an enjoyable the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, if you want to include them as the greatest band of all time, but it feels like they're separate from Bruce. So they're the East Street Band. It's like Dylan and the Band. They were both different.
Speaker 5: Yes, Mark, greatest American band, greatest American bands.
Speaker 2: Prince, No, because that's not a band.
Speaker 5: Prince was a band by himself. Well, okay, Prince in the Revolution, how about that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, But still it's Prince and the Revolution.
Speaker 5: They're almost like the EA Street Band, kind of like.
Speaker 2: The Stones are the Stones. It's not Mick Jagger and the Rolling Stones Band. It's not Robert Plant and Led Zeppelin. It's not Roger Daltrey and the Who. It's a band, that's what we're talking about. It's not Glenn Fry and the Eagles or Don Henley and the Eagles. It's uh oh, here's one we forgot about Fleetwood make okay, true band. Yeah, big band, Yeah, big band and Hoody and the Blowfish.
Speaker 4: Of course, numbers don't lie, Yes, Paul, Is there a band where the then the non lead singer is the most important famous person in the band. Van Halen, Eddie van Halen was the most important person in that band. Is there another band like that or like there's almost a star of the band as much as davidly Roth, I was not the Metallica Lars Ulrich got did all the interviews early and had a lot of the attention. James Hetfield was more the quiet guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Steven Tyler with Aerosmithirvana, he was kind of it. Yeah, but we're looking at somebody who wasn't the lead singer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh right, right right, that wasn't the lead singer.
Speaker 2: I'd say Pete Townsend was pretty famous with the Who. Roger Daltrey was the lead singer. So did we solve anything here?
Speaker 5: That one thing.
Speaker 3: Okay, I think CCR needs to be up there.
Speaker 2: Though I'm a big John Fogerty fan, but Cosmo's Factory one of my first albums I ever bought.
Speaker 3: But you know what else too For some reason, like when you think of, or at least when I do, right, you think of American rock and roll, I think of like I always say, like, if Aliens came down they said, explain rock and roll to us, I would put CCR on there. I would put Bruce Springsteen. I would have like Cheap Trick on there. But there's a million bands that you could put on. But I feel like Creden's Clear Order Revival. They have such an American sound.
Speaker 2: Yeah, unique voice with John for sure, obviously, but they're like a bay area band. But they sounded like they were from Louisiana. Yeah yeah, I mean right, still still amazing. When you hear John sing when he came into the studio, I think that's nine years ago.
Speaker 3: It's just because he said, by you, that's all.
Speaker 2: Well, now you listen to his voice, he sounds like he's he's down born on the Bayou. No he was not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so much be from Louisiana's actually Bay Area, believe it or not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Berkeley.
Speaker 3: It's funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was the.
Speaker 3: BYU I was talking about, was the Bay Area, but.
Speaker 2: The swamps of the Bay Area there all right. A couple of phone calls in here Donovan Donovan and Iowa, Hi Donovan, thanks for holding.
Speaker 12: Hey Dan, Dan that thanks for taking my call. Sixty two fifty stopt Hey Dad, go ahead, a particular call, and I just wanting to talk about first of all, best and better of the week. Uh, starting off with Oregon. Got to watch them win. Was very surprised, kind of thought they were gonna blow at the end with a field goal, but luckily came back. And then my better would be that the lines just kept hammering the Cowboys. And then right at Cooper rushdot back in, I go, oh my gosh, it would be so funny through another pick and guess what.
Speaker 2: They do They did? They threw a pick. Yeah, poort Cooper Rush, they just threw him in there, like, uh, I don't know, just go because because the game was out of hand, there's so much time left. The game's decided the middle of the third quarter, and then you still got to go out there and play. Let's see Ben in Virginia. Is it Ben? That's Ben?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 13: Thanks six thirty two thirty Best of the week, Best of the weekend. Army Football undefeated, first time in the top twenty five, said nineteen ninety six, and they're right dead of Michigan Worse of the weekend. I think Darius needs to taste the lyrics. Only want to be with you. Dolphins aren't good this year, so the game Cocks are in every game and they always find the banana peal.
Speaker 2: Thanks all right, Ben, thank you, thank you. You got. Army is undefeated. They just blew out UAB and they got Notre Dame coming up November twenty third on a neutral field. Navy's also undefeated as well. Tommy and Eugene. Hi, Tommy, what's on your mind?
Speaker 14: No Monday?
Speaker 15: How's your USC Trojans doing? Buddha? Best and best? I got Lieutenant Dan Lanning got his legs back, proving that if you kick seeal goals and eat your wheties, you too can become the leader in the Big Ten conference six weeks in the league membership. And my other best is those Iowa Hawk guys beating Rick new Weasels Washington.
Speaker 2: Husky Tommy taking some shots there. Dale in Kentucky is back high Dale.
Speaker 3: Hey.
Speaker 16: Dan got two bests, my wk's Hilltoppers atop a bunch at Cofference USA and my second best. Did you see UK's Big Blue Badness and their glass floor?
Speaker 2: I did not.
Speaker 16: Oh, you need to check it out on YouTube. It's amazing. It's kind of like the spear in Vegas.
Speaker 2: Well. I was told this, Gosh, is this two years ago. I was told by somebody in the NBA that this had to be during COVID, and I was told that they were going to try to have these basketball floors almost look like a pinball like there would be a lot of things going on underneath the floor, where there's shading, there's lighting there. It was going to be something that if you're watching the game on TV, no matter what game it is, it's going to be even more interesting thing. And we haven't seen that quite yet. Now we have seen some different you know, basketball floors surfaces, but I'm still kind of waiting and I trust this person that this is maybe the future of trying to dress up the basketball floor a little bit, whatever that means. Stuart in Dallas, Hey Stuart.
Speaker 17: Hey DP. Thanks for taking my call. Sure, Rick news heisl stole everything I was going to say about the academies and about Vanderbilt. So I'll weigh on and weigh in on the Eagles. They You're a thousand percent correct. They are the best band in America. And it's who they hung out with with Jackson Brown, Lenda Ronstant and their mentors Randy Newman and Tom Waits, and uh, I want to give you a heads up. I don't know if you've ever heard of an album called Come Up to the House Women Sing Weights. It's just a tremendous It's just a tremendous recording. And I think he would really like it. Alison Moore and Shelby Lynn do that old fifty five the Eagle skit?
Speaker 2: Oh all right, well, thank you Stuart. Yeah, got to see the Eagles, got to become friendly with Glenn Fry late in his life, and went to a couple of shows. I went to a show, a private show the Eagles had. I wasn't supposed to be invited to it, but I found out about it, and then I asked about it, and then I went with Joe Walsh's dad, and his dad was a I don't know if he's still alive, but he's He wore a pinstriped suit and he was a character. He was decked out, and I sat next to him for the entire show, and you know, there's his son down there playing guitar. So we were up above private showing in Times Square, little like Nokia Theater something like that, and I just remember it was it sounded so great. Their harmonies are so great, and there's Joe who's one of the great guitar players of all time. But I did go backstage. You know, it's one of those where you go backstage and like, all right, we're gonna see some stuff here. They're all sober, like they all they needed to be sober, especially Joe.
Speaker 9: But you go.
Speaker 2: Backstage and I like, I wanted a beer. I was going to a concert. Wheat grass there, Yes, we might as well been. Hey, we got shots of wheat grass, and I'm looking around. I'm going, yeah, they got like power aid in here and the gatorade. And then I thought, well, that's gonna be really tacky if I go outside, get a beer and bring it into Glenn Fry's dressing room.
Speaker 4: Yes, Paulin, we did some type of discussion or poll a long time ago, what band would you like to hang out with? And in what year it was, like Motley Crue in nineteen eighty eight or like led Zeppelin in nineteen seventy one. It had to be the specific year with that band. We did like an hour on that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's certain bands, if you hung out with them, you might not live. And I think if you're gonna hang out with something, I didn't hang out with anybody like that because I didn't know anybody with Zeppelin, Stones or the Who that I would have been able to do that back in the seventies when I went to see them in concert. But the fact that you could, you know, every stop they had, there's people who want to party with you. It's not like you go, ah, we partied in New York and then you go to Syracuse. They're gonna want to party there too. And then you're gonna go to Des Moines they're gonna want to you can't go to bed early, and then those guys would be I mean, look at the Stones. The fact that the Stone recorded Exile on Main Street in the South of France and they had members of the band who didn't wake up to be on a song they were supposed to be on, and they just plowed through it. You know, the guys are doing Heroin and then they put out this incredible album and they're like, can we get Bill Wyman up? Nope, we can't. All right, we'll get such and such to play on that album that song, yeah, PAULI.
Speaker 4: But the harder bands have members of the band who don't wake up at all, Like they just go that's it. Like Motley Crue. What with Mick Marris right Seaton, I think he was resuscitated numerous times.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, yes, movin all right.
Speaker 5: I have a Stone's question. When was their like how long was their prime where they were like they could do no wrong?
Speaker 2: Well, probably twenty years because they were sixties and then seventies, even eighties. I don't know when Miss You came out that album, but I'd say a good twenty years they were I think, I know, the sixties and then certainly the seventies and seven. I mean they were putting out albums that were just like, oh my god, they've done it again.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 2: The Beatles window was like Sandy Kofax, like four years. It was like like six or seven years they created all that music, they didn't tour that much. They weren't a live band. Zeppelin was their late sixties and certainly in the seventies. But who probably around the same timeframe with the Stones not as big, but they're still touring.
Speaker 4: Stones are still touring. Yeah, Pulling, you're right about the Beatles. They arrived in America January of sixty four. They stopped touring two and a half years later. I think San Francisco that was it. So two and a half years. They stayed as a band for five more years without playing a live concert in the United States.
Speaker 2: I wonder what social media would have done to them if they were trying to do this now, because I don't think they would have survived as long as they did. And they didn't really survive that long as far as being a band together. But because you know, you had friction, Yeah, you know, you had Joko and you had John, you had John and Paul. They never let George Harrison really, I mean, George Harrison is such an unbelievable talent, and they looked at him like, h look at little George. He's got a song. It's cute. Yeah, While my guitar gently weeps, uh huh, Like he wrote some incredible music, and it felt like John and Paul just kind of dismissed him. And then Ringo's doing Octopus's Garden in the Shade and you're like, okay, but that's a pretty that's a Cofaxian window for music there.
Speaker 9: All right.
Speaker 2: When we come back, we're going to write the headline for tonight's game today for tomorrow last all for phone calls after.
Speaker 1: This, be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio w APP.
Speaker 2: I hate getting into a music conversation with Fritzy because it eventually devolves into she loves you, Yeah, yeah, yeah, Wow, that's great songwriting. And I said, Todd, that's what they did when they were a pop band in the sixties.
Speaker 8: You should be glad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And then you kind of look at the catalog and then you realize they wrote some incredible things. How they recorded music back then, they kind of stand alone.
Speaker 8: Ton and the other gm Yeah, then man man.
Speaker 2: And he is one of the great songwriters in history. Yes he is, Yes.
Speaker 9: He is not.
Speaker 2: Everybody can be Hollano Billy Jewel, he cannot. Yeah, how about man eater boy? That's exciting.
Speaker 3: Wonderfar were you?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I know what she can do?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is some great stuff. Your kiss is on my list.
Speaker 8: Okay, have the best things in life.
Speaker 2: Okay, but you know beatles can't write like that.
Speaker 8: Yeah it's unfortunately, Yeah, but they're amazing.
Speaker 5: I call you all the time.
Speaker 18: What can't I says a gas touch secrets away.
Speaker 3: People paid money to go to this concert and this happened in it.
Speaker 2: I'm just people paid money, I know, and it's ten minutes, ten minutes on stage, Stop singing, joke boy, Well, they would have preferred if you were going to sing, they actually sing, were able to sing? Well? Fair, Yeah, because you didn't didn't and you, once again you refused my big brother advice. Todd one song, one song only didn't do it.
Speaker 10: I think it was because it was a once in a lifetime opportunity got greedy, or even if it wasn't good to do a second one.
Speaker 2: But the one, you know, once in a lifetime should have been one song in a lifetime.
Speaker 8: Unless they were tricky me the audience made it. Maybe they just like the music.
Speaker 2: They couldn't leave, and they thought they got excited because they thought the song was ending. And they're like, well, all right.
Speaker 8: I thought they were it to me, and I'm like, okay, I'll give you another one.
Speaker 2: Darius Rucker is still friends with me.
Speaker 8: And that's the amazing part.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 8: It was bad.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Paul, since we're still in the music topic, I wanted to knock this out this day in music history. Dan the Great Olivia Newton John released her ninth studio album titled Physical forty three years ago to day.
Speaker 8: Coming up with questions data know your luck.
Speaker 10: It makes good sports radio conversation.
Speaker 1: You gotta answer Rich just right.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean. Don't google.
Speaker 10: Let's just try to think it out.
Speaker 8: Telling yourself nothing to leave.
Speaker 2: Make sure you can't what you're talking about on TV. Let's get quizical cuizy, alrighty, let's right. The headline for tomorrow today about tonight's game, Todd Jets bills write the headline.
Speaker 10: Rogers over and out latest lost, bitter bill to swallow for hapless Jets.
Speaker 3: Okay, seet O'Connor, slovid nineteen Jets offense immunized Slovid.
Speaker 4: Wow, Wow, deep cut.
Speaker 3: What slovid nineteen Jets offense immunized Harvin?
Speaker 5: I love that Jets when wait, I'm just joshing Bill's Wayne?
Speaker 2: Oh Josh.
Speaker 8: Joshua is Josh the name of the Bills quarterback.
Speaker 4: Paul might be too soon? Back from the dead, not Hamlin Rising, Rogers drops Buffalo Bills. Wow, back from the dead, Dan, he's alive.
Speaker 2: It's I don't know you can. I don't know if you can joke about Damar Hamlin dying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's he's playing, he's playing well.
Speaker 2: Do you think his teammates make fun of him, have fun with him?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 4: Oh yes, brothers. Teammates do that. Within a week they.
Speaker 2: Would have Okay, I think it was eerily clever.
Speaker 4: I need no help from you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just don't lake Erie eerily rising. Roger Dylan in San Diego, Hi, Dylan, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 9: What's up?
Speaker 7: DP?
Speaker 11: Second time, Long Time? Five eleven one? So I got two best and one worst and you guys talking ironically about the Eagles. I was fortunate enough to go to the Sphere on Saturday, sit second row in to see them rock out and it was awesome.
Speaker 14: Joe Walsh has.
Speaker 11: Ten thousand faces that he likes to put on. But let me tell you that guy can rip the guitar.
Speaker 9: Yep.
Speaker 6: And my next best is the Dodgers winning. I'm an LA native, lived down in San Diego for a decade now, and let me tell you, it helps me to see the long sad faces here with all the brown on.
Speaker 2: Not gonna lie all right, thank you, Tilden. Yeah, the Padres went quietly into the night, very very like.
Speaker 3: Playoffs are over for the Padres.
Speaker 2: Scott nela hi, Scott.
Speaker 14: A long time DP and the dnnets the best. I'm following up, go Dodgers. Yeah, three more and all the all the Dodger haters. Sorry, you gotta wait for the worst. Lincoln Riley needs to go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're not going to go anytime soon. There's some money attached to that. They spent money to bring him in. I just I think our expectations are too high for USC just because of their history. You bring in Lincoln Riley, offensive minded guy, but it just feels like we're expecting them to be better than what they are.
Speaker 5: Yes, mar their history suggests that they should have bigger expectations than what you're giving them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but look at what they've done in the last decade or so.
Speaker 5: But that doesn't mean the expectations shouldn't be high for them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's a long time ago when Pete Carroll didn't stick around for the investigation.
Speaker 5: It's not Dame. No, Notre Dame won a national title in the seventies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but Notre Dame hasn't been, you know, penalized with you know, scholarship's loss, losing a national title.
Speaker 5: You don't think that they should have bigger expectations. You're Southern California, you.
Speaker 2: Should have expectations. I think you have to have realistic expectations. Are they ready? Did we just all of a sudden say, well, Lincoln Ronnie's coming in, so the offense is taken care of. And maybe that's the case because he did have Caleb, he just didn't have a defense. And that to me shows offensive coordinator as opposed to head coach JJ and Florida Hi jj.
Speaker 7: Adp. Best of the weekend was the Steelers winning a home game in Las Vegas.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Worst of the weekend was definitely Hutchison. And I'm not a Detroit fam but that was horrible. A couple of things about the bands you have to throw out Fleetwood, mac in Metallic. I think Lars was born in Europe and I know Mick Fleetwood was born in England. Nobody's mentioned the Chili Peppers, nobody's mentioned The Grateful Dead in memory of Bill Walton, and my personal favorite, the Almond Brothers band.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Almand Brothers didn't stay together long enough. Dwayne passed away I think at age twenty four motorcycle accident.
Speaker 3: Yes, sorry, I thought that we made it clear we were talking about good bands.
Speaker 2: Wow, what.
Speaker 4: Dang?
Speaker 3: We were talking about the best bands from the United States.
Speaker 2: Paully this dand sports history.
Speaker 4: I'll let that breathe for associated.
Speaker 3: How about this?
Speaker 4: Nineteen forty five the football team, the Chicago Cardinals finished a twenty nine game losing street.
Speaker 3: That's terrible.
Speaker 4: Joe Montana in nineteen ninety three first six touchdowns in a game, five of the six were to Jerry Rice And nineteen ninety eight, the San Diego Padres beat the Land of Braves five to zero to advance to their first World Series in fourteen years.
Speaker 2: On this date, nineteen seventy nine, Wayne Gretzky scores his first NHL goal. What did he do after that?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 2: Todd? Would you learn today?
Speaker 10: Rick Neuheisel says, defensive coordinators know all the tricks and wouldn't be surprised if Argon coach Dan Lanning purposely put twelve ducks on the field.
Speaker 2: Got to get your ducks in a row, Seaton.
Speaker 3: I learned that Bono is the uh oh damn? Who did you compare him to? Bono is the uh?
Speaker 2: Scott Stab.
Speaker 3: Scott Stab was the first Scott Stead with arms.
Speaker 2: Tire rack dot com the official tire expert at the Dan Patrick Show. Go to tire rack dot com slash Dan the best tire rack dot Com is the way tire buying should be. Let's do it again tomorrow. Talk to you then,